Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just Give Me Your Name [MorningStar]

Started by Goldie, January 07, 2024, 05:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldie

She blinked, staring down at him as he gazed up like a suitor proposing to a lady. Who even was this person? Was...was this his personality or was it a disguise? Did it matter? It was ridiculous. It was unlike anything she'd experienced in her life. Everyone was either an entire person made up of lies or they were just boring copies of their fathers. But Kaito? He wasn't lying to her. He was odd, he was...charming?

Oh Kia the Faerie Realm had changed her hadn't it?

She held out her hand to him, "Well then, Kaito Mori. I accept your proposal. How would you like this kidnapping to work?"
A duck walked up to a lemonade stand.....

MorningStar

Kaito's eyes and ears perked up, and he eagerly rose to his feet, clapping his hands together. "Alright! Tying people up is so last year; I prefer more of a Stockholm syndrome situation."

Scanning their surroundings for signs and scents that might guide them to a nearby town, he paused before taking a step forward, glancing over his shoulder to flash her a coy grin. "Just kidding. Let's go. Although time has passed, it's not wise for us to linger here. I can cloak us long enough to navigate through town and secure rooms at an inn. Two rooms, of course—I'm a gentleman."

Goldie

She nodded. A tickle of anxiety building in her stomach as butterflies turned to bees that were beginning to swarm. What was she doing? This is crazy...this whole situation was crazy! She should just go back, face her family and rejoin the world that she knew.

He stepped forward and Elowyn found herself glancing back, pulling the shawl around her simple cotton dress from a chill that came from inside of her rather than the air itself. She scanned the mushrooms, the grass that had been her bed, and then movement caught her eye and she found herself staring at a solitary Fae with a single finger placed in their lips. Say nothing. her mind echoed with the instructions, though she heard nothing.

Then the figure pointed to Elowyn's pocket and faded into the air.

Her pocket.

One hand slipped inside and she found what felt like a chain with a small pendant of some kind. But she had been instructed to say nothing...and the fae were not to be trifled with.

So she said nothing.

"Ok." Nervousness laced her words, "These woods look different from the ones just around my uncle's estate. We might be further away than we realized." She took a breath, and tried to smile, "Lead on, captor."

MorningStar

Kaito, a kitsune with his unmistakable ears and tails, tapped into his heightened senses to guide Elowyn out of the wooded labyrinth. His nose twitched as he caught whiffs of tavern aromas long before they could reach human perception. With each confident step, he led her through the foliage, following the savory scents that wafted on the breeze.

As they approached the edge of the woods, the sounds of a small town became more apparent. Kaito, with a mischievous glint in his eyes, stopped just short of the town's entrance. Sensing it was time to employ his magical prowess, he whispered an incantation to cloak their identities.

In the midst of his enchantment, a playful twist of his magic occurred, and an unexpected glitch transpired. When the magical cloak settled, Kaito found himself adorned in the form of a woman with perfect curves, while Elowyn stood transformed into the sturdy appearance of a man. Blinking in surprise, Kaito couldn't help but burst into laughter at the unforeseen outcome.

"Okay, good enough I suppose," came his words in the voice of a sultry woman. "Shall we, good sir?"

Goldie

Elowyn couldn't do anything but stare as Kaito transformed before her and a quick glance down showed her own illusion taking place. Her mouth dropped in surprise and he grabbed his arm with rising alarm.

"What am I supposed to do?" She hissed, jumping at the low voice that came from her own lips, "I don't know how to do this! I...I...am I suppose to lead you??"

She tried to keep her voice low, not wanting to draw attention, but realizing how this exchange must look to others now that their roles were reversed. They weren't so far away and could be spotted. She released him like his arm was hot and took a step back. The panic was clear on her face and she forced herself to take some breaths.

MorningStar

A sly smile adorned Kaito's now full, womanly lips as he smoothly revealed her hand from behind his back. "You lead? Oh, honey, watch me work."

He reveled a bit too much in the role, playfully pulling her through the sparse crowd—a confident vision with a charming companion in tow. Upon reaching the inn, "she" practically sauntered to the counter to address the innkeeper. "Dear boy, we'll need two rooms tonight," Kaito declared. Glancing back at his companion before returning his gaze to the innkeeper, he added, "He won't be getting lucky tonight. A lady must set boundaries."

"Of course, madam," the innkeeper earnestly responded, searching for room keys beneath the counter. After a moment, he looked up with a hint of hesitation and an apologetic expression. "I'm sorry, ma'am; we currently only have one room available."

Kaito feigned disappointment, casting Elowyn, or rather "Edgar," a brief glance before shrugging and nodding in understanding. "One room it is." He then shot an expectant look at Elowyn. "Pay the man."

Goldie

Elowyn didn't have time to react or object before woman-Kaito was practically dragging her through the little town. She stumbled over her own feet a few times, much to her dismay, and hadn't even begun to regain her composure before they were at an inn and he...she...was demanding two rooms.

That was a relief for all of about two seconds before that small hope was shattered. One room. Just the one. With a man she hardly knew.

Oh Kia help me, she pleaded silently while a blush rose in her cheeks that she couldn't contain. How silly must she look? Or...he look. How silly it must look for a young man to be so taken aback by such an innocent exchange.

"I..." she panicked. She had to talk. She had to pay the innkeep. She didn't have any money! Maybe if she had been whisked away before she'd changed from her evening gown...but no. Even then she didn't just carry around a purse. It wasn't needed. She'd never needed to carry her own money in her entire life.

This was a mistake. This was a Gods awful mistake.

"I don't have any money." She looked at Kaito pleadingly.

MorningStar

Oh, of course. He should have thought about that. Now he felt bad. Still, had to put in a good show.

Kaito, or rather, "Lady Katherine" at the moment, scoffed and rolled her eyes before giving the innkeeper another appraising glance. Leaning on the counter with illusionary curves pressed firmly against the surface, he sighed and playfully pouted. "Men these days," Kaito remarked, handing the man payment for the night. "Here, honey, keep the change."

Stretching upright, he turned to Elowyn, his masked face now beaming with excitement as his back faced the desk clerk. Dramatically grabbing her hand, he exclaimed, "Come, dear. I'll need help getting out of these boots."

Once they ascended the stairs and entered the room, Kaito released a deep breath, and the illusion dissolved, revealing their true forms.

"Easy enough," he remarked while locking the door. "You make quite the handsome gentleman."

Goldie

Again, Elowyn was practically dragged up the stairs as he heart raged against her chest and her mind kept screaming they'll know, they'll know, they'll KNOW!!

Her feet couldn't remember how walking worked and once they were in the room she stumbled past him and barely caught herself on the bed just as the door locked and the illusion faded. When he turned around all she could do was stare at him, eyes wild with anxiety. Without realizing it, her hand had snuck inside the pocket of her dress and had a death grip on the chain she'd been gifted.

"What...what was that?" Her voice shook, "How are you smiling?"

MorningStar

Kaito tilted his head momentarily, a smile gracing his features. "I always smile," he remarked, the playfulness evident. However, as he observed her a bit longer, he noticed signs of her disorientation: wild eyes, a flushed face, and an overall sense of unease. Considering that the "plan" seemed to go smoothly in his perception, he couldn't pinpoint the issue. Approaching her, he gently placed a hand on her forehead and inquired, "Do you have a fever? You don't look so good."

Goldie

She recoiled slightly when he reached and touched her forehead and she slapped it away, annoyed now more than anything else.

"What? No, I don't have a fever." She balked. The movement to get away from him pushed her knees back on the bed and she fell with a thump. Her heart was racing and she wasn't sure what to do anymore. All of this was so out of her element. The fae, Kaito himself, simply being away from home not to mention being on the run.

"I just...I don't know how to do this, Kaito. I'm...I'm the daughter of a fae and a Serenian nobleman. I've barely gone further than my own front step and now...now I met you and I've been to the Faerie Realm of all places and now I'm a fugitive." She pulled her hand from her pocket and clasped them together to give her head a resting place while it all sunk in.

MorningStar

The soft panic in Elowyn's demeanor halted Kaito's usual playfulness, his expression transforming into a blend of understanding and genuine concern. With a deliberate measure, he positioned himself at the edge of the bed, maintaining a comforting proximity without crowding her.

"Look," he addressed her slowly, sensing the weight of her unease. "I'm the fugitive, not you. And you may not believe me, but..." His words trailed off momentarily as he weighed their significance. Shifting to face her, he locked eyes with a gaze that transcended his typical lighthearted demeanor, revealing a sincerity rarely glimpsed.

"I'll keep you safe," he asserted, the assurance in his voice unwavering. "I won't hurt you, and I won't let anything happen to you. You can do this, I know you can.. but at any moment you want out - I'll get you home."

Goldie

She nodded, recognizing the truth of his words and also accepting that they didn't make her feel better. As much as he said he was the fugitive, she was choosing to be with him. She had agreed back in her Uncle's underground labyrinth to go with him, which meant anything bad that happened to him would be entirely her fault.

It was a huge responsibility. A huge weight.

While trying to process everything she finally looked around at their small little place for the night. She didn't know how late it was, nor how long they would be able to stay. She also didn't know how much help she could be in all of this but Kaito had so much faith in her it was dizzying. But that wasn't the most immediate problem and she felt a heavy blush rise in her cheeks.

"...there's only one bed." Her words were so quiet they were almost a squeak.

MorningStar

Upon casting his gaze toward the solitary bed in the inn's room, Kaito's mind began to whirl with conflicting thoughts. The image of the bed seemed to trigger an inner debate, a clash between his instinctive mischief and a newfound sense of gentlemanly responsibility for Elowyn's sake.

The mischievous side of him whispered, "Oh, Kaito, my boy, this is your chance for a romantic escapade. Let the sparks fly in this enchanted setting!"

Yet, a more restrained voice within him argued, "Come now, be a proper gentleman. Respect her space and the circumstances. Romance can wait for another magical turn."

Caught between these opposing forces, Kaito found himself in a mental tug-of-war. One moment, he envisioned a grandiose, magical gesture; the next, he grappled with the notion of maintaining a decorous distance. The bed, with its potential for romance and mischief, became the stage for this internal struggle.

In the end, Kaito showed no signs of where his mind was at, looked Elowyn dead in the eyes, and said, "Yes there is."

Goldie

And that was it. No suggestion, no commitment one way or another, just facts. Somehow that was worse than if he had just been overly forward. There was so much unsaid in that simple sentence but she couldn't figure out exactly what was being hidden between the lines.

She stood, pulling her shawl tighter around her shoulders and stepped towards the window where she glanced out at the darkened streets.

"You take it." She urged, "I was asleep the entire time we were spirited away,  but I can't imagine you had time to rest." If he had rested there was a strong likelihood that he wouldn't even be here right now. The fae took hospitality very seriously and even so much as a sip of wine was enough for a person to be trapped there forever. Either they let him go, disenchanted him if you will, or he had refused to partake of their revelry.

Curious.

Kaito was one for mischief, she could see it in his eyes. If he had denied it, she would have a much deeper appreciation for his resolve and his character. If they had let him go...

She didn't want to think about it. It could be harmless, or it could just as easily be more sinister. And the fae never forgot a debt.

The pendant weighed heavily in her pocket.

It seemed she also was indebted to them.

MorningStar

As a sense of inner conflict toyed with his emotions, Kaito couldn't help but frown when Elowyn generously offered the bed. Silly as it may seem, the notion of being a gentleman tugged at him. Aware that politeness should guide his actions, he made a scripted decision.

"No, ma'am, you take the bed," he declared, his tone carrying finality. Taking a step closer, he gently placed his hands on her shoulders, guiding her toward the bed as if orchestrating a dance, and then promoting her to sit.

As Elowyn was somewhat forcefully set onto the bed, Kaito's keen senses picked up a subtle shuffling sound emanating from her pockets. His fox-like ears twitched instinctively in response to the noise, acknowledging the presence of.. something. Although tempted to inquire about it, he opted for discretion, choosing not to address it directly, however his eyes flicked briefly to the source area.

Goldie

"But I'm not tired!" She objected, though not forcefully enough to deter him from grabbing her and depositing her onto the bed anyways, "You need to rest much more than I do."

But there she was, once again sitting on the bed, staring up at her chosen kidnapper with a flush in her cheeks. Not that this flush was one of embarrassment or even maidenly propriety, but the kind that followed brief moments of frustration.

"Kaito, I mean it. I am quite well rested. Please. Once you've slept a bit, if you still insist, we can alternate but you don't need to treat me like some Lady." How ridiculous did that sound? She was some lady. Of course he would feel obligated to treat her as such! In fact, and she hated to admit it, she probably would have felt a small amount of annoyance if this dance hadn't happened in the first place. In her world it was his job to offer and her job to insist.

Yet another example of just how not cut out for this she was.

MorningStar

"I do insist," he retorted sharply, his gaze lifting from her pocket to meet her eyes. "I feel fine. The Fae did a miraculous job with my wounds, and I'm a bit restless anyways. You, on the other hand," he began, turning away to peer out of the window, scanning the outside area through the glass, "need rest. It would make me feel better if you did."

While Kaito acknowledged that a nap might do him good, the restlessness within him prevailed. The need to step outside and discern their whereabouts, plan their next moves, tugged at his instincts. Despite the perception others might have of him as someone always with a plan or trick up his sleeve, beyond the veneer of confidence and charisma, he often operated on the fly. The morning demanded a measure of certainty for her, something more substantial than a mere "let's see what happens."

Goldie

The bite in his voice was so different from everything she'd come to expect from him that she found her mouth snapped shut over another attempt to convince him. He did seem restless, and her nerves were too overloaded to ask to go with him if he chose to leave the room. Of course, that left her with another set of concerns.

She couldn't leave this room without him; without the concealment his abilities were able to provide. Her features were unique enough that people would notice - she wasn't of the same diluted bloodlines that ran through most Serenians which was apparent by her eyes immediately if not her overall build and size. Not to mention the likeness on the poster was spot on.

No...once he left she would be stuck. But she didn't want to leave yet either. Everything felt dangerous now.

"Okay." She replied softly to his back, hands clasped daintily in her lap, "Since you insist." But she made no move to lay down or even scoot more comfortably onto the bed.

MorningStar

In an instant, Kaito seamlessly slipped back into his usual persona.

"Okay, good!" he exclaimed cheerfully, twirling around to face her once more. He gestured toward the pillow and quilt behind her, instructing, "Now, lay down, under the covers, and get cozy. I'm going to step out only briefly."

Without waiting for a response, he ambled over to the door. As he cracked it open and stood halfway in the frame, he shot her one last reassuring look. "I promise things will be okay. Need anything while I'm out?"