Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Forest for the Dead (Akayuki)

Started by Rylok, February 28, 2024, 01:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rylok

Did he dare interrupt her?

He dared.

"Mistress, Mordecai aren't allowed into Serendipity...Or Adela. And if we took over Adela, we could turn dragons to your army. Who would be able to stop you then?"

Simon had a terrifying vision of Akayuki on an undead dragon, razing a city while maniacally laughing. Then again, as distractable as the kid seemed, she probably would never get farther than, oh...half a mile from here Simon figured, before she was distracted. Even that was generous.

Black Cat

Simon's words rang true, and with a saner, less child-like mind, they might have succeeded. Akayuki playfully rolled her eyes but kept a soft smile on her features as she observed her new zombie friend. All the power of undeath in the universe was hers to command. The Mordecai possessed an ability to nullify that power – and for that very reason she wanted to get close to them, if only to plant a proverbial dagger in their back.

"But where's the fun in that, Simon?" The devious little lich inquired with an impish smile. "I can hide in plain sight. Make Connlaoth rot from the inside. Win the trust of my greatest enemies and learn everything I can about them. Find their weaknesses. Sow discord among their ranks. And watch them all die."

The last words came out as a whisper, a promise of things to come.

She raised a hand, palm open, and held it out in front of her. Simply watching it provided no answer to whatever questions raced through her little head. The palm of her hand was incredibly soft and smooth as if never exposed to the strain of physical labor. She brought it closer to her face, scrutinizing it with her big scarlet eyes. There wasn't an ounce of physical strength in her body, she had no muscle and everyone towered high above her small, underdeveloped figure. She was undeniably just a child in every sense of the word.

Then how come she wielded such terrifying, monstrous powers over death and a prophecy had declared her the dark destroyer of the world? Akayuki never quite understood how she, of all people, had earned such terrible power. Slowly, she turned her hand, still inspecting it with some sort of morbid fascination only she understood. Undeniably she had won the greatest lottery in the world, being born as the dark messiah destined to turn the world upside down. With just a gesture and an incantation, she could fry the living with her lightning, tear them apart, drink their souls, and raise their bodies as deathless warriors.

Finally, clenching her pale hand into a fist, Akayuki felt a sneer widen on her face and turned to Simon again.

"Because I have the power to do so. It is my destiny." She added with uncharacteristic maturity in her voice.
============================
-=| ~Akayuki~ | ~Caslawen~ | ~Genevieve~ |=-
============================