Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

For the love of a vampire: In the Forest

Started by Anonymous, August 25, 2006, 04:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

((Sorry for the long post ^^ Hoping that another vampire will join in...hell whoever wants to can, just someone, reply ja...?))

Damien awoke slowly, odd fragments of sound and memory returning first. He could hear the trickling of water like tinkling bells, and then the soft rise and fall of the sighing wind. Next came the cheerful chirruping of songbirds, those round puffy balls of fluff that he despised with all his being for being so happy.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!!!" He yelled into the dense forest, his voice painfully loud to his already sensitive eardrums. After his voice was swallowed into the trees, there was silence for a few seconds before the noises of the forest began to resume their daily workings.

Groaning, he clutched his head and stomach, doubling over as he coughed up something wet, slimy and sticky. He lifted his fingers to the meagre light, and saw that they were wet and sticky with something dark...blood. It had been...a day ago...he should've healed by now.

The damp nutty smell of the earth was in his hair, his beloved golden hair. The smell from  his long wavy locks penetrated his mind, helping him to think clearer. To remember why he woke up lying face down in the loamy forest.

The sounds of war cries rose up all around him as he took that first step into the light. After concentrating all of his energy for so long, he had finally gained enough power to walk in the light. True, it made him such a weak vampire, ever so weak and easy prey, but they had all been oh so wary of him for as long as he could remember.

The last of his bloodline, his maker had burst into flame on embracing the sun with those final words, "Be strong for both of us, my sweet, be the one I never could be! I know you will triumph and bring forth the secret from within, the secret of our bloodline! Farewell Damien, and I hope to meet you again in another life."

And with that, the man had dropped from the stone window ledge, shrieking as he balled up into flame, to only land in the bonfire his servants had prepared for him earlier. Damien had screamed and cried, for he had only just been made, and he couldn't even approach the window for the sunlight hurt him so.

Why, Hades, why did you abandon me so? Why did you curse me with your dark magic? Was it enough that you took away my family, my life?

Moments of madness overtook him from then on, which lasted for moments, or even years. He'd wake up one day with so much blood on his hands, so much slaughter, and curse himself again for being such a monster. It was the depreivation of blood that spurred on his madness. Oh, and his self-inflicted torture, his self-hatred, his loathing. Those were the only emotions he felt, the absence of any heartfelt tender feelings alienating him even more.

And then, finally, he'd accumulated enough power to be able to move about in the day. is first trembling step under the warming rays of the sun brought blood tears to his eyes, a faltering smile, and centuries of joy unlocked from his icy heart. He wiped away the tears and shook his golden waves of hair, which, caressed by the sunlight made him feel almost as human as he'd been all those long years ago.

But with him good things never lasted. Local villagers sensed what he was, too scared and frightened they sent waves upon waves of men out to slughter him, men with magic, men with arms. Heck, even the bloody vampires were after him. The ones that walked by day knew who he was, and like it always had been, the mysterious secret he possessed which he knew nothing of was enough for them to see him as a threat to everything. And so, the threat had to be eliminated.

He came back to here and now with a start. Stupid! Senses alert, he felt the presence that had been there for a very long time. Why did he always fall into memory and lose track? Things like that got you killed, and surviving was something Damien had a very keen sense of, no matter how much he hated himself.

((Once again, sorry for the long post, but I haven't got my stats up for Damien yet, so this will have to serve as his history for now!))

Anonymous

(ooc: WOOT! Found some characters for you to play with! Sorry if it's short and not very informative. I'll have something better after you post! Have a long info link on my two characters below.)

Almost there the girl thought as she pushed her way through a small canopy of withering vines into an open space of the forest. Wiping her brow clean of some dirt she took in her surroundings, hands on her hips as if declaring to the world she was very proud of herself.

“See Arashel, you were afraid for nothing!� she said shaking out her loose light brown curls. “There is no one here. I really don’t know what you were fussing about earlier. Really, this sure looks dangerous to me," she said rolling her eyes as she kicked at a lumpy mushroom with the tip of her slipper.

The girl clearly to anyone watching be it the bird that sat perched in its nest gazing at her oddly or the stranger nearby she obviously wasn’t aware of, she looked like a raving lunatic. One that was dressed in dirty and ragged robes of a priestess or some other order. Hair in knots, dirt trapped underneath her fingernails, slippers with holes in them--surely not proper for travel. Yet here she was completly alone in the wilderness dressed as if she had been rolling around in manure and she sure smelled like it having not been able to take a proper bath for quite some time now. The cloak made of a rough woven material hugged her body warmly, yet it could not hide the fact that beneath all that ugliness there was the young body of a very young attractive girl with eyes like a dove, so pure and innocent, the very air about her radiated with a light that was touched by the gods.

Apparently she wasn’t afraid of nothing, and that was the way it should be if she needed to free herself from her title as Djinn. a title bestowed upon her since the day she was born with the mark that she had been touched by the gods--one born without sin or knowing sin.

If there were any dangers hidden in the forest, it would be a good oppertunity to stain her hands with blood or any other sinful substances.

The bird above her twitterd and lifted its magnifenct wingspan and a hush fell over Faraday. "What a beauty!" she said waving at it up in the tree.

Then suddenly Snap! The air heated above her, the bird froze as if someone was gripping it tightly about its little throat, and then bird thrashed for a moment before it exploded before her very eyes, feathers falling to the ground in bloody steaming piles.

"No!" Faraday frowned, folded her arms across her chest as tears welled up in her eyes. "Really, was that necessary?"

Clicking her tongue against the side of her mouth she paused to look behind her, the sound of distanct thunder seemingly coming nearer. "What is the world is making such a fuss?" she said blinking slowly, her pretty blue eyes suddenly peaked with curiousity.

Suddenly around the bend five wild horsemen drove their beasts towards her as if the devil itself was on their tales. Crossbows in their hands, lustful rage in their eyes, there was nothing pretty or safe about these men!

Frozen with fear Faraday felt her feet rooted to the ground, knees shaking, her mouth gone so dry she could not get the words to freely come so she could call out for help.

Anonymous

Damien sniffed the air uncertainly. Five beings? And...another one, that confused his radar. If he’d been stronger then maybe he could work it out, but at that moment there were five beings headed right towards him. Fear, rage, determination- each scent as tangible as taste, and as bitter as the blood from a cockroach; he tasted them all on the tip of his tongue.

The sense of danger drove him to life; he’d survived for so long and wasn’t about to surrender now, no matter how much he despised his existence. Maybe being a coward is what had been his survival strategy.

Leaping up into the trees, he let his predator’s sight take over, and tuned into that cold, dark core in his mind, his hunter’s sense. So what if blood was still seeping from his stomach, so what if he looked as if he’d been dragged through a grave backwards? The threat had to be eliminated first before he could return home or he would never have peace.

He felt them before he saw them. The five riders were galloping at full speed down the path, probably still believing that they could exterminate him before nightfall. But it didn’t work like that anymore, why couldn’t they understand?

What was their problem? Were they all mentally retarded or something? He hadn’t done anything other than appear from the dense undergrowth by day, so sorry if he’d looked too pale and beautiful. The paleness had been for the villager’s benefit, of course they would suspect him if people had started disappearing. It had been a long time since he’d last had contact with the world. It was much more paranoid, and death had upgraded from carrying a scythe to flaming crossbows.

It was just change, he decided. No one likes change. They think they know the monsters, so when the rules change it becomes full out war.

With the grace that one can only acquire after centuries of expertise, Damien swooped from the branches and landed behind the last rider, straddling the horse with his black leather clad legs. He slit the throat of the man and he fell to the ground almost instantly, the thud of the hooves masking the thump of the man, who was still clutching his crossbow.

They rounded a bend and Damien’s eyes widened in shock as he took in the shivering form on the path further ahead. It was that other presence he’d sensed; dressed in dirty rags of some sort. She had long hair- he unconsciously touched his own- that was a different colour to his, but from afar in the gloomy woods the figure could be mistaken for him. The gloom settled further into the pit of his stomach when the men whooped and yelled in triumph, raising their crossbows to the sky where the futile gods they believed in were thought to reside. Pah. Damn…they really thought the person up ahead was him?

He couldn’t let an innocent bystander get hurt, even killed, just for him, so with a swish, Damien jumped from the horse’s back and shot off towards the figure like a speeding arrow.

“What the-? It’s him, shoot the beast!�

Arrows whizzed past, singeing his bare arms as he caught hold of the person, who was a very beautiful if not young girl, and swept her into his arms, shielding her as he took off again. She didn’t struggle nor cry- she must be in shock, Damien thought sadly. A hundred metres further, he set the girl down and pointed to a gap in a tangle of brambles.

“After I have finished dealing with the men I will come back,� he said kindly. “It would be advisable to hide in there though, for I can’t promise anything yet.�

He didn’t add that he lived further on through the brambles in a ruined stone mansion. It wouldn’t bode well for him if the other bloodsuckers found out where he lived, even though he doubted the girl in front of him had any such connections. She radiated purity and innocence, and he was sad for her. She has so much to learn. Nodding, he took off again, running towards the rabid horsemen like the shadows that haunted his dreams.

((Urgh, another long post. Your character seems really interesting, Lazuli! Twitchy, you can join in anytime ^^))

Anonymous

(OOC: Ugh, sorry I took so long. Accidentally pressed F5.)

Every wingbeat hurt. The long gashes that went up and down my back were the cause of this pain, and with each flap these wounds were irritated. I ignored the pain, my tolerance for such things having been built up by the transformations I was doomed to suffer every full moon.

I knew nothing of where I was headed, only that I was flying over a forest of some sort. I was soaring along at a rather slow pace, due to both exhaustion and the fact that this was the first time I'd flown since the...incident. Then, something cause me to increase my speed, putting more strain on my tired wing muscles and making my cuts drip fresh, warm blood. I heard something coming towards me.

Hoofbeats. My sensitive ears picked up hooves pounding the dirt below, and I peered down through sharp brown eyes to see that five men on horseback, armed with crossbows were heading in the opposite direction, and a few minutes later a man with long, wavy blonde hair leapt into the trees. It wasn't long before he'd jumped down, and I descended until my wingtips were mere inches above the treetops to see what was going on. The blonde slit one man's throat, and he fell to the soil, blood trickling from his throat.

Great, just my luck! I'd flown close enough for my extremely keen nose to detect the scent of the crimson stream, and something canine stirred within my demonic/avian mind. My own blood had no effect on me, but the smell of anyone else's blood effectively turned me into a rampaging monster. Even worse, I couldn't fly in wolf form, and I still had quite a way to fall before I hit the earth....

Fresh blood! Finally! Kill them all...kill, kill, kill.... The wolf's thought's were already taking over. A normal wolf wouldn't bother anyone that didn't bother it, but werewolves were much different. I was gentle enough in my natural form, but...

Kill, kill, kill....

Deparately trying to resist the change,I broke through the branches, trying to get as low as possible before I began to lose my wings. Stray arrows zoomed past, and one pierced the flesh of my left wing, hitting the bone. Suppressing a whimper, I concentrated all of my mental energy on not allowing the wolf to take over my body. Atleast the ifre didn't burn...in fact, the warmth of the flame on the arrow was beginning to ease the pain.

This comfort did not last long, as I struck the forest floor just in time for the shift to occur. Through the agony that was caused by  the beast tearing it's way out of my mind and into my body, I could hear the man talking to someone and realized he was behind me and the riders, who were in front of me,were after him...which put me right between the hunters and the one they hunted. I groaned as my flesh was ripped apart and the ground aropund me was stained scarlet.

Kill, kill, kill...

As the pale man ran past me, I called out to him. My usually monotonous voice was a half-canine snarl.

"Sir! I'm about to lose control..." There was a pause as one of my bones broke, and for a second I was in too much pain to talk. "...I'm a werewolf. This won't be pretty..." another bone cracked. I yelped in pain. "...tie me down or restrain me if you must, but please, don't kill me!"

I doubted whether he heard me, but I hoped he had. My wings began to break and fold, and my back split down the center to allow them to disappear, then the wound sealed itself over them. A tortured scream that became a lupine howl halfway through escaped my throat. For about thirty more seconds bones continued to break, and blood continued to spill. Then all of the wolf-self-inflicted wounds healed, leaving only the talon marks from "the incident".  Trapped in the back of my own mind, I was a helpless observer to all of the events that would follow.

Kill, kill, kill....

Anonymous

(ooc: Oh it's so perfect, two wild creatures and one innocent who wouldn't hurt a fly. This shall be interesting. Also guess not really knowing the order I'm just going to post this small snippet)

Faraday jumped when the beautiful angel fell from the sky. But soon the beautiful image Faraday had of him changed when he began killing the men who had turned their attentions to her. She turned away with her hands covering her eyes. There had been blood and the sight of it had been a shock to her alone. Maybe if I think about sweet things, this will all go away...

Then suddenly she was caught up and she stared at the beautiful angel holding her, her cheeks slightly flushed. The way he held her made her longing mind go back to the man she really loved who was lost to her for now. Who is this man? He's so beautiful...he must be good, she thought.

Then she was on her feet and she dumbly watched him the shock slowly wearing off when she realized he was right, she needed to hide in case she got hurt in the scuffle. She made her way to the hiding place only peeking her head out to watch the action. Perhaps seeing all the blood and gore would shock the Djinn light right out of her body and she would be free to sin as much as she pleased, free to be normal! Probably wouldn't happen she thought with a wry smile and after the next creature landed out of the sky and started to change into something unnatural, Faraday pulled back her head, sat down and huddled in the brambles. With her knees pulled up to her chest she began rocking back and forth hoping her prayers and wishes would be heard and everything would be just okay. That was when she heard the one creature crying out in pain, and being the compassionate person Faraday was felt pity for the poor beast whatever it was. And being a Djinn meant sacrificing one's own desires and needs to help the hurting.

Knowing she still felt fear and a bit sick at the smell of blood nearby she scrept slowly out of her hiding place and walked slowly over to the poor wolf-man crying out for help. Her heart went out to him. Her dove-like eyes stained with tears and she reached a hand out towards him. "Please, tell me where you hurt, maybe I can?" she said taking another step towards him. A golden light flushed her skin lightly and then died down as fear overwhelmed her again. No, I might be trying to get rid of the Djinn, but I still can't sit back and watch someone suffer!

Anonymous

((Shall we keep a posting order to me, Twitchy then Lazuli?))

He remembered breathing in the fresh smell of flowers, when he’d held the girl close to him. It had been centuries since he’d last felt the touch of someone. Without contact, without tenderness and love, his heart had shrivelled over time, but clutching the girl close to him rekindled some of his memories. A tear slid down his cheek. How I fear loneliness so.

As Damien flew back towards the sound of the clashing battle cries and hoofbeats, he dimly registered another amorphous presence that he’d passed on the way to the little bramble clearing. It had come spiralling in to crash to the forest floor, kicking up a huge cloud of dust and rotting leaves. Great, not another one. He would’ve gone to see if the being was OK, had he not been carrying the girl.

Whoever they were, they had left behind a trail of blood, which caused the blood passion buried within Damien to inflame slightly, to rear it’s ugly head but Damien had better self control than that. He rode the hunger like one rides a wave and cast it back into his darkness.

Once upon a time, the being would’ve had magnificent wings, but at this moment they were streaked with blood and dirt. Damien spied a flaming arrow sticking out of his left wing, which raised some questions. Were the hunters actually hunting this being, not him? In which case he’d thrown himself into something that was none of his business. He was about to turn back and leave the man to fend for himself when another thought occurred to him. Maybe it was major pest control. Anything vaguely demonic to be exterminated for the new world order. Ach. If that was it then perhaps it would be better to have allies. Damien had noticed that more and more bounty hunters had become employed recently- he had the feeling that there would be a lot more fighting to come.

“Sir! I'm about to lose control...I’m a werewolf.�

The man’s feeble voice broke over his gloomy thoughts. Werewolf? With wings? Damien raised an eyebrow, taking in the man’s features properly, paying attention to the strange amorphous smell he sensed. Yes, he was definitely werewolf…but the non wolf part of him wasn’t completely human either. An enigma for another day.

“And curiosity killed the monster,� Damien mused to himself, not aware that it was curiosity which had brought the man down here in the first place.

“This won't be pretty…tie me down or restrain me if you must, but please, don’t kill me!�

“I have no intention of making their-� he jerked towards the horsemen, who ever coming closer with every second- “job any easier. I could capture you with my eyes, but I doubt it would do anything to soothe your beast. I have nothing to tie you down with, so I am afraid you must hang onto whatever self control you have until I have finished dealing with them.�

He prayed the girl wouldn’t wander out from the gap in the brambles, and that she didn’t have any cuts or smell of fresh blood. He’d make this job as quick as possible, so the hunters would still be fresh for the shapeshifter who would no doubt be hungry when he shifted. Shifting required tremendous amounts of energy, and Damien was fairly sceptical that the man would be able to do so in the condition that he was in, but if he did and there wasn’t anything to eat, then he and the girl would be in trouble.

He hated it when his decisions counted.

Another rain of arrows showered over him, ripping the remnants of his shirt to bits and singeing his golden hair. Damien stood up, each movement slow and calm and careful. Only those closest to him would know that he was experiencing deep rage, but if one looked closely they would’ve been able to see the fists clench, the jaw set, and the sapphire eyes burning.

Up ahead, the horses whinnied nervously, as the men reloaded for another round. He felt nothing as he leapt towards them; fangs bared, and let the rage wash over him as he took on every single man. It was almost peaceful. A punch tore through Hunter No.1’s throat; a spinning kick sent Hunter No.2 crashing into a tree stump where he slumped, unconscious. Hunter No.3 managed to smash his crossbow over Damien’s head, causing stars to explode for a split second before reflexes took over and his fingers became claws, shredding the man. As for Hunter No.4, he jumped off his horse, turned tail and fled, but a well aimed rock throw knocked him out.

Breathing heavily, he wiped away a thin sheen of blood sweat, knowing his cheeks were flushed. Damien was about to take care of the two unconscious men when he heard a snarl from behind… Whipping around, he saw the curious girl’s eyes widen in surprise, a golden glow that marked her out as non-human â€" so they were all hunted then?- as she approached the snarling furry heap that shivered and trembled. It rose up like a monster from the deep, and Damien felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise. He thought he’d eradicated the danger, but it seemed the main source of danger was now from one on his own side.

“Lady!�

((Too hungry, so sorry if that didn’t make any sense.))

Anonymous

(OOC: Ok.)

Yes, a werewolf with wings. Any creature that looked even vaguely humanlike was susceptible lycanthropy. It was just that humans were the most likely to get bitten.

Kill, kill, kill...

Monster. Curiosity killed the monster! He was one to talk- he didn't exactly smell human either. Or was he referring to himself?

His voice was nearly drowned out by the sound of my broken bones scraping against one another. It sounded almost as painful as it was. Somehow my exhausted, pain-shocked mind managed to comprehend his words and form a reply.

"It's...too late to stop...the takeover...but if..." Cries of pain and sickening snapping sounds were heard between my words. "If I am any...danger...to anyone..."
Kill, kill, kill...

Self-control would be useless at this point, as the wolf had already won the mental war. I was much too weak physically to fight it off and my mind was barely stable anymore, let alone strong enough to resist the shift. What chance did an adolescent in my frail condition have against such a beast? Gods damn themselves, the change itself would probably kill me this time! It certainly felt as though it would. The canine was much too powerful for my sickly body, and the change back would be even harder on me. Perhaps another arrow, hopefully through the heart, would finish me off, effectively putting me out of my misery once and for all? No, I couldn't think like that...

Kill, kill, kill...

Actually, werewolves didn't eat what they killed. They weren't like normal wolves who hunted in packs for survival- survival came in second on a werebeast's agenda. What came first? Killing everyone and everything in sight, that was what. Like it wasn't bad enough that I was born half soul-sucking demon...I had to inherit this too. My knees broke and reversed, and I was forced to drop to all fours. And that was when the girl began walking towards me.

My empathic sense flickered for a minute. To the wolf, she smelled human, but...there was something odd about her that only the non-lupine part of my brain could detect. Something innocent, pure, something...angelic. But the demon in me was convinced she was no angel, as she didn't have the defences an angel would against me. Which meant she was vulnerable.

Kill, kill, kill...

<font size=14>NO!</font>

The dialogue going on inside my head was short, but forceful. An inner power struggle. The wolf had taken over and, feeble as my sanity was, my mind was trying in vain to fight back. She reached out, putting a soft hand on my shoulder. No one had ever tried to comfort me before in any of my three forms, and even if i had been able to react i would not have known how to. The contact was soothing to me, but infuriating to the creature that now possessed my body and brain. Involuntarily I growled before I spoke.

Kill, kill, kill...

"Don't worry...about me...pain doesn't last...you're too close...it's not safe...quick, grab a feather...it'll protect you...from me..." With a fur-covered arm that was now breaking at the wrist, fingers becoming claws and my hand turning into a paw, I gestured toward the bloodstained feathers that had fallen from my wings and now littered the forest floor. I knew the scent of my own bloody feathers would confuse the wolf, hopefully saving her from become it's victim. As an afterthought, I added a plea for kindness.

"Please..unless I attack you...whcih I...wouldn't do...on purpose...I can't control it, see....unless your...life...is in danger...please don't...leave...me..."  My voice broke off and a scream of agony tore itself from my throat. The shriek melted into a howl, and I never did finish the sentence. The battle for ccontrol was over. The transformation was complete.

Kill, kill, kill...

Anonymous

Faraday didn't understand. Not safe? She didn't understand the concept of being "not safe". She had never been in a situation that was like this in all her life. She had always been protected, watched over, cared for. To her mind it didn't make sense.

She took her hand away from the wolf-creature, stepped back suddenly jerked her hand as if some invisible force was shaking it. Her hand flew up into the air on its own and a feather magically appeared in her palm. She frowned slightly and stepped away from the wolf-creature her back ramming right into a tree she didn't see was behind her. If he thought she needed it, then perhaps this creature was a danger to her. There was so much she didn't know. Her eyes flew back to the other, and a faint blush appeared on her cheeks. He was so...strong, so fast. So...powerful. There was plenty more she wanted to learn about him and learn who he was, even if that meant putting herself in..."harm's way" she felt too curious for her own good concerning that blonde angel.

Then suddenly, her legs felt glued to the ground again. She stared at the wolf-creature before her and for the first time in her life felt her heart begin to race with an emotion that was unfamiliar to her. What's the matter with me? she thought falling to the ground with her knees up to her chest.

(ooc: hey free free to hurt, save, move around, yell at...whatever you want to do with her. *grins*)

Anonymous

Damien felt an overwhelming despair envelop him. Why couldn’t someone just listen to him, for once? He’d managed to tear off the belts from two of the men he’d killed; both of which he left well alone after that. Cooling congealing blood was not very tasteful, and if he had to drink any blood, he at least wanted to have class, not be any monster.

Would it be too late to tie up the werewolf with the belts…and how much use would they be? He spent a second weighing up his options, before flitting towards the werewolf in a blur, grounding him. At once, the wolf began to thrash, ripping up Damien’s arms. Rivulets of blood trickled down his skin, which seemed to excite the beast. Desperately, he struggled against the thrashing limbs, miraculously binding the wolf to a tree trunk, whereupon Damien slumped.

“I am so sorry,� he whispered. “Are you hurt?� He met the girl’s eyes, and wondered how many nightmares she would have. He could still hear the bones crunch, as they reformed, see in his mind’s eye the fur burst from the body; back arching as the man’s eyes became golden yellow slits, that inhuman electricity which crackled in the air…

The wolf had slumped down, and Damien made the sign for them both to not move at all. Slowly, ever so slowly, he took a step backwards, making each movement as slow and unthreatening as possible. He didn’t know the strength of this creature, but if the earlier struggle was anything to go by then the wolf was strong.

Just then there was a groan, as one of the other men woke up. That slimy yellow haired b*stard! He saw the three beings further down, and doing the only thing he had been paid to do, he reached for his crossbow, eyes burning with fury.

A yell, and a flaming arrow struck him in the side. He cursed softly, wincing with pain. “Damn!�

I should’ve finished them all off. No mercy for the strong.

The sudden noise excited the wolf, who in one flex broke free from the straps. They literally exploded in the burst of strength and he cowered, diving for the floor.

“Lady!� He cried again. She was frozen in fear, and the wolf was eyeing them all up in the way only the predator can when he knows he has won.

((Erm…how about the wolf attacks everyone and injures Faraday very seriously, but we subdue him and get everyone to Damien’s mansion to be treated?))

Anonymous

My fears of changing back alone and on the verge of collapse in the woods resurfaced when she pulled her hand away.

<font size=2>She's going to leave me to be eaten by some wild animal, </font>I thought sadly. My mental voice was small and weak now, having lost the inner fight.

Really I couldn't blame her- she was in danger. Shock hit me when comprehension didn't show on her face.  What part of "not safe" didn't she understand? Hadn't she ever had to run for her life before? No? Well, that made one. And I had no intention of making her do so for the first time ever. My werewolf side, however, had other plans.

Kill, kill, kill...

Against my own will I lunged in her direction, clawed forepaws outstretched and ready to tear her to shreds. Luckily she picked up, or rather some invisible force picked up and handed to her (could she pick up things wih her mind?) a huge black-tipped feather with a dripping red stain and she backed against a tree. My large, deadly claws dug harmlessly into the dirt and old leaves. I'd missed by a long shot. Good.

The wolf stopped and sniffed the air, confused. She smelled like herself, but at the same time she carried the scent of someone else...me. She held one of my feathers in her hand. Triumph flooded the non-canine side of my mind. The wolf couldn't tell the difference!

Before the beast could decide how to react, the blonde guy pinned me down with insane speed. Immune to the fatigue that the rest of me felt, the wolf fought back. Three-inch claws cut into his pale flesh, and I winced inwardly. Sorry. The blood-crazed creature that was me at the time wasn't wincing, however. Using my grip on his arms as leverage, I involuntarily aimed for his throat...and missed again. Thank the Devil! Either he was extremely fast or we were both very lucky.

Kill, kill, kill...

After successfully strapping me to a tree trunk, he slumped, looking tired, and turned to the girl to ask if she was hurt and to apologize- for what? Damn it all, I was the one who actually owed her an apology. It was my gruesome trnasformation that would probably stick in her nightmares for years, and my wolf that had tried to sink it's claws into her. I'd probably scarred her for life mentally, with all that blood and pain and violence. It wasn't my fault really. It wasn't my choice. Who would actually want to experience what I'd just been through in any situation, let alone in front of such a sweet young girl? It hurt just as much as it looked like it did- sometimes more. But I still felt guilty.

Leaning heavily on the trunk of the tree, the wolf eyed them in a creepy way as the man backed away from me. That look said, "I'm going to get you, motherf***er!" more plainly than the words themselves could have.

Kill, kill, kill...

A fiery arrow hit the blonde in the hip, and he cursed in pain. I couldn't blame him- those arrows hurt! Espescially if, unlike me, he wasn't immune to fire. That would really suck. Of course, that wasn't what my lupine half was thinking as I broke free of the makeshift restraints and leapt away from the tree, the same "you're going to die!" look in my eyes as before. The wolf, tail wagging like a puppy at play, ignored the girl and headed straight for the blonde man, who just happened to be a lot closer than the guy with the crossbow. With claws outstretched and teeth bared I jumped at him, my size and height making it all too easy to reach his throat.

Kill, kill, kill...

(OOC: I'm okay with that, if everyone else is.)

Anonymous

(ooc: Only one problem, Arashel wouldn't allow Faraday to be injured very seriously. If he thought it was life threatening he would step in, if not he'd probably not care. Right now it's taking all the reserve he has not to show himself. But...she can get one small injury and faint and I can make it look like a serious injury when Arashel still invisible took most of it...so twtichy can come after her, feel slightly or completly stopped by some invisible barrier, but still get one good swipe in at Faraday. That alone should be too much for her. Hope that made sense!)

Close your eyes Faraday, Arashel whispered in her ear.

Faraday looked up as Arashel stood beside her sighing heavily still clad in his invisibility. "What's going on?" she whispered to him.

Don't worry your pretty little head, just keep your eyes closed, and think of something sweet, he said to her once more.

Being invisible did have its advantages. As in only she was able to hear him when he was invisible like this. And he rather remain unseen than seen as he rather wished Faraday stay alive more so than dead. After all what would happen to him if she died? He'd probably be stuck with her corpse for all eternity unless he raised it from the dead as a creature of the night. No, that didn't sound good, the chain connecting them would probably still keep them together even with something as ungodly as that. He didn’t like the idea of dragging a corpse around for the rest of his life either. No, because he didn’t grasp the whole situation himself of why this little minx-wannabe of a girl was connected to him by the invisible life chain coming out of their chests…no he would have to step in, in situations like this when there was a real threat to her life.

Arashel clothed in black vapors of magic stepped beside her ready to stop anything that might come her way. All it would take is a firm grip; Arashel didn’t need any magic to handle a werewolf, he’d just use the strength he was born with as an elf. He might not be able to hold back the beast for long, and he might get thrown backwards because of the impact, but at least he could stop an attack before Faraday could be touched, giving her just enough time to scuttle away, and probably leaving the werewolf confused at what had rammed right into him. He felt more agitated than protective at that moment, and wanted to just walk off and leave her there to fend for herself. But no I’d feel guilty for the rest of my life, he mused as he looked head on to the werewolf.

At that moment Arashel paused, placing an unseen hand on Faraday’s shoulder trusting the touch would calm her down some.

The last thing in the world he wanted to do was show himself to strangers, or be all heroic and just grab her and runâ€"and he would need to show himself to take full advantage of a clean getaway, not to mention his full power since it took a lot out of him to stay invisible for long periods of time. And even being an elf and all, he doubt he would be able to outrun a werewolf, let alone a vampire. Especially when he hadn’t sized them up yet to see how strong they really were. Arashel liked to stay unseen like this until he knew a stranger well, and even then he rarely liked showing himself.

Faraday, be ready to flee, he said to her.

Arashel narrowed his eyes as the beast came at the hunter, and moved in front of her small form, finding a good foothold, his body suddenly becoming like a wall of immovable strength and muscle. He pressed her head down, told her to open her eyes and was pleased when she kept her gaze focused down to the ground rather on the ghastly sight before him. Finally, looks like she has a taste of what nightmares are really like, he thought. He smiled slightly and took one step in front of her, one arm unfolding, outstretched in front of him to grab with, and his body rigid enough to hopefully stop the werewolf if it came at her again.

Anonymous

Damien backed away ever so slowly. Why me? he moaned to himself. Those yellow eyes and their thousand tonne rage were all directed at him, as the wolf padded towards him, muscles tight like a coiled spring. Then, like a jack-in-the-box, the wolf sprang, snarling, lunging right for Damien’s throat.

“Kind sir, would you please restrain yourself!� Damien yelled furiously through gritted teeth, as he executed an awkward backwards flip. Why me? Why is everyone after me? Where the arrow had pierced him, his flesh had singed and it hurt every time he moved. No way. He was so not part of this anymore. The hunter had reloaded, and was aiming for a second shot. Damien shot a projection in that direction and saw that the hunter was going to claim he single handedly defeated all three of them. Now that would not do. He put himself in between the hunter and the wolf, so the next time the hunter fired he ducked, and the arrows sailed over him, hopefully injuring the wolf.

Damien didn’t see whether they had hit their unintended target or not. The hunter had to be taken out. But the girl…decisions, decisions…he felt some other presence shielding her, and came to the conclusion that she would be safe. For now.

He leapt, still trailing blood, and enveloped the hunter, smothering him with his own scent. The crossbow was ripped and crushed in one go; the man screamed, but then Damien leapt up onto the branches. The other hunter had just woken up, and Damien flashed him a weary grin, which could’ve been interpreted as you next. One look took in the whole scene and he ran off screaming. Just my luck. Now they’re going to send more after me, and raise up the bounty. It won’t be long before the magical beings take up the job.

A sickening crunch told him that the blood-soaked hunter had been taken care of. He didn’t want to look. Damien ran through the tree tops, back to where the girl and the other presence were. In his mind, he rewound the conversation, the desperate words the man had spoken before he’d changed.

“quick, grab a feather…it’ll protect you…from me…�

Feather? In spite of himself, Damien snorted. How the hell was a feather supposed to protect him from the beast? Spotting the pile of black feathers, Damien dropped from the leafy foliage to crash into the soft pile, which oddly enough, smelt of…wolf. He hadn’t noticed it before, but there was a smell of deep earth and forests in the feathers. He rubbed the feathers over his arms and clothes, eyes frowning. The wolf wasn’t that stupid. And it was heading back towards him, tongue out, golden eyes fixed on him.

The girl was on her knees, with her head between her hands, staring pointedly at the ground. As if, what she couldn’t see, couldn’t be happening. Damien arched an eyebrow. Well that was one way of dealing with things. Not particularly practical, though.

“We need to leave, now!� He reached for the girl’s arm, but she shook her head energetically, eyes still fixed to the ground. Novice child. “Look, there is nothing we can do for him.�

He threw the wolf another glance. Still padding slowly towards him, as if it had all the time in the world, which the beast did. It’s tail was wagging, fur matted with clotting blood where the wounds had been when the werewolf had been in his human form. “The best thing for you and me is to get out of here, and let him come to his senses naturally.�

The girl shook her head again, this time eyes squeezed closed, and he swore he saw a sparkling tear drop to the ground. Ach, pathetic! He almost gave in there and then. All his senses were itching for him to just abandon them both- the situation is hopeless!- but it would haunt him forever, if anything happened to either of them when they were at their most vulnerable. He’d feel responsible, and he didn’t need to add anything else to the weight of his miserable memories.

He picked up on a thought, so irrational and alien that at first he dismissed it, then when he tuned in he realized in horror that it was the voice of the wolf. It was insane! There was absolutely nothing he could do…apart from the impossible…

Kill, kill, kill.

“We have to make him change back then.� Damien spoke slowly, trying to get through to the girl. He needed her as a rational sentient being, not as a gibbering traumatized wreck. He bit his lip and added that extra, “Please.� Just as the wolf was five metres away.

You never know what that one extra word might do.

Anonymous

The civilized half of my mind reeled in surprise. Did he think asking the wolf to leave him alone would help? It was a bloodthirsty monster, and for Satan's sake he thought it would listen to him? Damn, and I thought I was crazy!

Arrows that were meant for him showered me, and my broken excuse for empathy told me it had been intentional. One struck me on the shoulder, and blood dribbled from the new wound. Like I hadn't suffered enough already, now I was being shot at! Didn't he realize that one of those things could have went through my brain and killed me? The part of me that wasn't thinking "kill, kill, kill" thought "thanks, JACKASS!". Besides, what good did he think it would do? Sure, I felt the painful bite of the arrowtips piercing my flesh, but the wolf didn't- it was preoccupied with where it's intended victim had gone.

Kill, kill, kill...

It turned out that he was up a tree...obviously I couldn't get at him there. But the hunter below him was drenched in his blood, and even if he hadn't been he would have been next since he was closest to the beast that was me. I jumped at him and my jaws slammed shut on his neck with a nauseating snap. If he hadn't been trying to kill us all, I would have felt sorry for the poor bugger...he probably never knew what hit him.

Kill, kill, kill...

The blonde man who had evaded me twice already jumped into the pile of dark brown and black feathers that had come from my wings. At first I thought it would work...but it was useless. His obviously inhuman scent was a Hell of a lot stronger than that of the girl. To the canine he smelled like a combination of itself and him, which wasn't enough to keep it at bay. Tongue lolling and yellow eyes blazing, I sauntered after him,l and he made the worst move possible- he grabbed her hand and tried to pull her up. Now she would carry a hint of his scent too. Not much, but enough to override the feathers. Too much.

Kill, kill, kill...

Of course I hadn't been feeling even close to happy before, but my heart sank even more as he spoke. They were going to leave me here, alone with my inner demons- or, more accurately, my inner wolf- and extremely vulnerable. I'd probably be devoured by real wolves, or something worse. And that was assuming that I survived the exhausting change. I hadn't eaten in days and, worse, I hadn't slept in almost a week. What if I lost so much energy that my body just gave up, my heart no longer had the strength to beat? I would die alone and scared here in these woods. If I'd been in my natural form, tears would he stained my face. Instead, I walked involuntarily towards the two at a leisurely pace. The blood from my re-opened wounds was beginning to dry, and dirt smeared my matted fur.

Kill, kill, kill...

The girl shook her head, and a tiny ray of hope shone through. Maybe he wouldn't run off until she did? She looked like she was going nowhere fast. He seemed to change his mind...

...Make me shift back? It was sure as Hell worth a try. But how? And even if I knew, how in the Devil's name would I be able to tell them how? What were the chances of them figuring out on their own? The wolf forced me toward them, ready to attack...

Kill, kill, kill...

Anonymous

Arashel sighed and lowered his hands. Well guess he could do something to let the girl and the vampire escape. Hmm, but how to do it without revealing his location.

Why of course! he thought a sly grin on his face. He turned to Faraday and motioned for her to stand.

"No," she said shaking her head again.

"Stand up girl," Arashel said again this time turning to face her. "I'm going to make you look like a hero." He flashed a wicked grin and walked over to her lifting her up from her position by force. "Just stand here and don't do anything unless I tell you to."

Arashel squatted down in front of her and began to fix a dark spell with his hands outstretched in front of him. He quickly formed the signs he needed to call upon the unliving being he was seeking, and when he at last formed the last pryamid shaped sign with his hands he threw them on the ground on both sides, palms touching the cold earth. A shiver went through his body, then black lightening cracked the air above them. "Raise your hands and stand still, don't drop them until I tell you," he said to her. "I'm going to make it look like you're doing this...however strange it might seem...close your eyes."

With that he griped Faraday tightly on the wrist and felt his powers over the dead and dark places of life flow from him towards her. If this worked then it would look to everyone that the power was coming out of her, when his power was only being rejected by her pure of light body. But the spell would still be formed. He had never done anything like this, but well it was worth a shot.

Faraday cried out when he touched her but only for a moment. Then a flash of black light blinded her and lifted her hair from her back, and when she opened her eyes she was staring at one of the hunters who looked like he had taken quite a beating--

No that's right Arashel has power over the dead! she thought unable to take her eyes from the undead creature in front of her. Boy, was she going to need a long nap after all this was through, and maybe a little therapy.

The dead hunter stood like a brainless zombie, slowly crawling towards the wolf with a gleam of blood red eyes, blood still coursing out of its lifeless body. Probably not enough to kill the wolf, but a good distraction that would give Faraday and her new friend the chance to make their escape. Then again killing a wolf didn't sound fun at all. He rather not kill it, and perhaps have a chance to experiment on the creature with his Necromancy. Oh, what a pleasant thought!

"I'll be right behind you of course," Arashel said to her. He stood and frowned slightly. "Eh, not the best I could do in my current state, but powerful enough to give the werewolf something to play with for a while. Come, I believe there is a hidden chamber nearby." He grabbed Faraday and shoved her in the direction of Damien’s home, sticking around to make sure the werewolf creature didn't follow after her. She would be far enough away from him, but still close by not to cause a problem to the life chain they were connected to. And if my little friend doesn't keep the wolf occupied, I have no choice but to play with him myself, Arashel thought.

(ooc" Eh, that was the best I could come up with. Don't feel the mojo today)

Anonymous

Damien took a step back as the girl stood up, hands outstretched in a trance like state. Something about that creeped him out. It looked like she had a better idea than trying to make the wolf shift back, but…the aura he felt about her changed ever so slightly, causing the temperature in the forest to drop by a good few degrees. A strange magnetic wind rustled up the dead leaves, as the girl appeared to conjure up some power from within…a power that seemed as alien to her as it felt to him…

Damien blinked in surprise. Dark magic was not something he’d been expecting from the girl, which made him wonder. He felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand up as that unearthly magic was directed at…he heard bones crunch and body parts slide as the magic flowed into the corpse of a hunter, animating it. Making it a…zombie.

“This is your plan?� There was almost a note of hysteria in his voice, and he had to hug himself to stop his muscles from trembling.

He shivered and hissed, an involuntary reflex against something as unnatural as that. Vampires felt the call of the necromancy more acutely than other beings, for very obvious reasons. The girl was something he would have to keep an eye on…there was a reason why there were so few necromancers around these days. Over the centuries most had been exterminated by the vampires in fear of the dark magic. They were rumoured to be able to control all sorts of undead.

The zombie lumbered forward, and Damien shied away from it, burying his head in his hands, which were hidden by that mane of bloodstained beautiful hair. Any onlookers would have seen a sob shudder through the body of that radiant stranger. Collecting his thoughts and fears, he saw through half closed eyes the werewolf as it turned to the zombie with a look of curiosity, head cocked to one side. His own morbid curiosity had been taken care of many centuries before…

It’s tail wagged and it padded forward, sniffing the air around the zombie which turned vaguely in the direction of the wolf. Damien glanced at the serene face of the girl, eyes closed as she controlled the zombie like a puppet. How could someone so innocent and pure possess magic such as this?

The werewolf barely missed the swipe of the zombie. Damn…the shifter had no hope of survival once it’s energy reserves ran low…and would probably end up getting shot if it showed as much as a tail outside of the forest. Sighing, and wondering if he would regret this, Damien picked up a length of belt, and used a fingernail to etch some words in the leather:

Once you have regained control of your senses take the path until the gap in the brambles. Through the gap to the mansion.

Wiping off the blood, he leapt up into the tree above him, making sure he had the wolf’s attention and made a huge show of draping the strip of leather from a branch. Before, when the wolf had been lunging for him, it had stopped pursuit after Damien had hidden in the leafy foliage, so he came to the conclusion that it couldn’t reach him. But the rational side of the shapeshifter could…and would do after he gained control of his body again. The shifter had flown in out of curiosity, so it would be curiosity that would cause him to climb up to see what the fuss was about. Damien was counting on a lot, he knew, but it was the best he could do. He wasn’t sure how intelligent the wolf was, so he couldn’t risk giving away his hiding place by calling to the human part of his mind. If it worked…it worked…and if not…

He bowed his head, jumping back to the ground. There was no more he could do, and it was really a survival of the fittest. The wolf wouldn’t be distracted by the zombie for long. Half limping, he motioned for the girl to follow and took her hand, amidst her protests.

“He will find us,� Damien said, with as much reassurance as he could muster. “But for now, we need to escape before the animal part of him finishes playing with…that…thing…�

Suppressing another shudder, he whistled, gaining the attention of the wolf again. “Farewell, friend, and we hope to see you alive and well. Look to the skies above.� That was all he could say. With a parting wave, he held the girl close to him again, and lifted off, riding the wind like there was no tomorrow.

The brambles and leaves whipped past him in a whirlwind of senses and then he was at the old derelict mansion, each crumbling stone as welcome as each key to his soul.

((Sorry if it didn't make sense...hungry...for...blood...lol.))

Anonymous

Vivian approached the weird display slowly in her wolf form. She had suddenly smelled and felt another wolf present in the forest and slowly had wandered towards the smell watching her back. Her green eyes combed the forest slowly. She could hear the different single minded animal languages. Hunger. Mate. Travel. Prey. Predator. She left the forest wash over her.

But what she saw in front of her was beyond bizarre. A wolf of some kind and a...it looked like a corpse of some kind. She froze dead in her tracks at the stench it had. She put her head low to the ground and covered her nose with her paws as she watched. This wasn't normal in the forest. She then realized she was a wolf trapped in a human's body most of the time that could sometimes read thoughts if people had enough animal in them. The human part was the weirdest.

She stretched back up and pawed at the dirt. She could smell the stench of decay and the wolf didn't smell completely like a wolf she was unsure of what was going on.

Anonymous

The smell of fresh blood can attract all kinds of dangerous predators. Apparently that included her. Katamai slipped through the forest silently, the dappled sunlight meshing eerily with the monochromatic tatoos that covered her neck, chest, arms and back. Golden eyes, the only source of colour posessed by the individual were over glossy and not quite sane as they peered avidly through the trees. Searching. Hungry. The metallic scent of blood, stronger now, had every muscle in her body tensing in anticipation. She could all but feel it sliding down her throat, taste it on her tongue.

NO! her mind cried out in panic, No, no, no, please no.  The concious part of her mind repeated her plea desperatlely. She tried to stop, but it was no use. She'd let the hunger go too far this time and her body had quite simply taken over in it's will to survive. It was akin to being possesed she supposed, her whole body trembling in a contest of wills. It was a contest she knew she was going to lose. She'd tried, tried desperatlely to prove to herself that she could overcome the monster inside. Tried to prove she could survive without causing harm. Unfortunately a diet consisting mostly of rats and other small mammals had only served to make her weak and constantly hungry. Not to mention losing my mind! I don't even remember getting here... So hungry. As if on que her stomach clenched causing her to double over in pain. God, she had to eat! On the tail end of that though came a more sadistic Who am I kidding? God has nothing to do with my existence

The pain unbelievably became a source of some clarity, giving Katamai a moment to pause outside the melee. Other smells became evident, seeping through the red haze of blood lust. Animal....wolf....ish? She frowned probably here for the same reason I am. There was something else........Vampire! Her eyes darted around the forest frantically as she was swamped by unwanted imagry. Blood stained walls, crimson pools on the floor seeping from an innocent corpse. They had found her! Her body was practically convusling now with the conflicting desires of body and mind. To run, to flee, to feed. The desire to feed won. Beyond exhausted her mind let go, forfeiting control to age old instinct. Her whole body stilled.

Moving with apparent calm now Katamai stepped amid the bloody chaos, no thought, no concience, only a predator. She paused briefly upon sensing the use of a dark magic, finding it instinctively repulsive. Nothing however was going to distract her at this point. She found what she was looking for in short order, a soldier lying prone on the ground, he was wounded and dying but not yet gone. Perfect. She kneeled down beside him, head cocked, as elongated incisors were revealed in a horrible parody of a smile. She practically tore his jugular out. Revelling in the feel of fresh blood moving through her veins, like electricity sparking along nerves, she looked around. She smiled, blood covering her face and chest. Oh look, a buffet.

Anonymous

The girl stood, looking as though she was being held up by an invisible force. Her hands were raised, and black light flashed- in my winged form I would have shielded my eyes, as it blinded me momentarily. Both parts of my divided mind paused, the wolf sniffing the air stupidly and my rational side watching in horror as the black magic animated the dead hunter.

What? Necromancy from one so innocent as this girl? It didn't seem possible. She'd been curled up on the ground only moments ago, terrified. Wouldn't zombies scare her? They certainly seemed to freak the poor pale guy out. He was hugging himself, his voice trembling in disbelief. As the zombie started forwards and the wolf, tail wagging and head tilted inquisitively, approached it one ear flicked back in his direction…was that a sob I heard? I headed towards the dead man, ready to attack.

Kill, kill, kill...

I sniffed the zombie, my lupine half confused. It smelled of death…but it was alive? What? The undead thing turned in my direction, and a near miss passed between us. Although the wolf part of me couldn’t feel it, I was starting to wear down. Fatigue filled my limbs with lead. How was I going to survive shifting back when I was this tired?

The blonde was making such a racket that I turned my head in his direction, gold eyes glinting cruelly. He was up a tree again! And â€"I couldn’t see very well- he looked like he was hanging something on a branch. My staticky empathy cleared for a second, just long enough to realize that he was leaving directions to his home. Well, atleast he hadn’t completely left me to die. I appreciated that he was probably taking a big risk to help me. But in my current condition there was no way I was going to make it there, and that was assuming I could get up that tree. Not worried in the least about what would happen to me after I changed back, the wolf turned back to the zombie.  

Kill, kill, kill...

My head turned again when he whistled. The wolf, ignoring his words, was torn between attacking the zombie and attacking him, giving me time to hear his words. Did he think I had a chance? Hope faded as they left, and I went back to trying to “kill� the already-dead hunter. For a few minutes there was silence apart from the zombie’s clumsy footsteps and my aggressive wolflike growls. Then…

Someone else was coming. I could hear graceful footsteps on the dead leaves covering the forest floor, and my nose picked up the scent of…another wolf? Oh, for Satan’s sake, I thought. Not a real one, gods damn themselves…and not another werewolf. Please, no…

Kill, kill, kill...

Did whoever it was mean to hurt me? And if they did, were they smart enough to wait until I had shifted back and was at my weakest? Woah, I hoped not…and was that someone else? They smelled similar to the blonde man who had just left, but just different enough to be someone else. Someone of the same species as he was? He’d looked human enough, but smelled much different. This one had the same inhuman scent… but turning away from the zombie for a second and seeing her feeding violently off of one of the other hunters revealed that she had black and white tattoos all over her body.

She was drenched in blood, and the scent attracted the wolf side of me toward her…but the walking corpse smelled like blood, too. My canine side turn back toward it, confused and unable to decide which one to attack. I ended up sauntering around in circles between the two.

Kill, kill, kill...

My sensible side kept worrying about whether the newcomers would attack me. But even though either one of them could have easily finished me off on their own, I had to hope that they would not try. Even if they didn’t, my chances of living through this were slim. And if they did…I was a doomed. My “human� side called out silently to gods that I didn’t even believe existed, desperation overriding skepticism.

Help me...

Anonymous

He's confused Vivian heard his thought racing through her brain as she reached out to him. Her wolf nose sniffing. A werewolf?! How did he get this way maybe he can help me find a way out of this shell! Or at least so I could chnage whnever I want. Though it sounds he can't control himself.

She backed up a few steps when a strange smell entered her nostrils. She shook her head trying to get it out. It smelled dead almost worse than the zombie but the smell flickered between death and life. She circled aound from where th smell was to where the other wolf was. This new animal could be dangerous and she was not going to leave another wolf out in the open with it. She layed on the ground her nose close trying to block out some of the smell. Hey eyes stayed sharp on the other Wolf. He smelled of fear.She started to edge further in getting closer to where he was.

Anonymous

Just a note that we are splitting this thread into two, so the action in the forest can continue here, whilst action in the mansion will take place in the sister thread "For the love of a Vampire: In the Mansion" as it would get too confusing otherwise with so many people...I've never been in such a popular thread before ^^

Anyway, have fun, and pop over to the mansion sometime. Or Damien may get concerned and come to see if Twitchy is alright. And watch out for the hunters. They are still trying to scourge the area for anything vaguely non human.