Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

For the love of a vampire: In the Forest

Started by Anonymous, August 25, 2006, 04:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Katamai had gone through three victims, draining them, before any sense of rational returned. Even then it wasn't human rational but that of a hunters. Tawny eyes began to look around with more interest in the strange surroundings she had found herself in, noticing with some surprise that the wolf, no werewolf she corrected herself, seemed to be in fact contemplating stalking her! She was far more used to animals fleeing her presence. But then, she supposed this creature was no more natural than herself, nor more wary, truly reigning champion over Gods creatures. Turning sharply she smiled coldly at Vivian, amused by her apparent sense of kinship. It was a loyalty that would more than likely get her head ripped off.

The smell of fear and blood felt heavy in the air. The blood was something that the vampire understood. The fear was something she found almost as appetizing even as her human soul screamed out in empathy. For the moment however it was a voice too deeply buried. Calmly reaching into her pocket and thumbed the small vial of wolfsbane extract she carried as a holdover from her hunting days for the coven. A posen that caused excruciating pain while still allowing the victim clarity of mind until death it had proved a useful assistant to interrogation.

Truly Katamai had no desire to attack the werewolf, her vampire sensibilities repulsed by the idea of infected blood and her buried humanity wanted only to reach out and help a creature as surely trapped by a monster as she was. With blood still glistening wetly she stood watching the wolf and zombie warily, the wolfsbane clutched loosely in her hand.

Anonymous

My lupine half ignored the second wolf, but my other side was filled with gratitude when she padded over to me and lay down nearby. From one wolf to another, it was a gesture of solidarity.

And justwhen I needed it the most, too.

The tattoed girl was approaching, a tiny bottle of...something...held in her hand. Ignoring the potion she held ready to douse anyone who irked her with, a stalked toward her again.

Kill, kill, kill...

I turned away from her. The zombie, still bleeding, stumbled around aimlessly a few feet away. Was anybody controlling that thing? Or was it just limping around in pointless circles? As I circled toward the blood-drenched woman again, I searched mentally for any sign of my canine side beginning to weaken. Nothing. There was way too much blood splattered aroung everywhere for me to have a chance at regaining control yet.  

Kill, kill, kill...

I had to change back eventually, and the longer it took for my wolf to slip and my rational mind to take over the more painful the change back would be and the less energy I would have. But how was I supposed to shift back when surrounded by all this blood?

Kill, kill, kill...

I wondered vaguely if maybe the two beings who had recently left would worry about me and come to see what was going on. And what would they find? Hopefully not the bloody massacre I thought they would?

Kill, kill, kill...

Anonymous

She looked at the other wolf going forward towards the strange animal. Vivian turned her attention to the corpse. The blood was starting to attack her senses. It was everywhere. The most she had ever encountered since her pack's attack on the village.

She moved towards the moving corpse overwhelmed by the scent of blood and death. She felt more wolf than she had in a long time there was no awkwardness about the shift from human to wolf now. She had slowly been more and more changed by the human side but her wolf side smelled blood and a close to dead corpse that needed dispatching.

She creeped back around behind the zombie her eyes trained on it the whole time while she slowly moved. She wasn't sure if it had anyway of keeping track of her but it didn't seem so. She set herself close to the ground and stretched out her haunches and rushed forward at a ridiculously fast speed. She sunk her jaws into the flesh of the zombie knocking it to the ground as it blindly grabbed at her. A toothy smirk hit her face as blood hit her tongue, it felt cold but it had been a long time since she had tasted human blood.

She shook her jaws viciously as she bit on trying to rip this corpse apart. She was succeeding quite well.

Anonymous

As Damien flew back towards the forest, he tore through the undergrowth like a bullet which caused honeysuckle and all sorts of wild fragrant plants to get tangled in his hair. Rose thorns scratched his arms- the other wounds still hadn’t healed yet…but he barely felt the pain as his mind raced through the events of only a few minutes ago.

He’d blushed so fiercely at the soft touch of the woman, who’d introduced herself as Faraday. When she’d flung her arms around him, he stiffened and had to swallow a few times, especially after she kissed him on the cheek. Without meeting her eyes, he stammered, “D-damien, pleased to meet you,� and was about to gently prise her away from him when she let him go…but not without letting her fingertips trail on his neck. He shuddered abruptly, the memory too much for him.

Thoughts flew through his mind. How could anybody find him attractive when he hated himself so? How could anyone stand to be touched by flesh of the undead? He stared at the smooth pale skin of his hands and lashed out, punching a ragged hole into a rotting tree trunk. The splinters caused tears to come to his eyes, and brought him back to his senses.

Where was the werewolf? He stepped over a corpse cautiously, ears pricked for any sound of the lumbering zombie. Damn…the wolf still hadn’t finished with it yet. Just how strong could an animated corpse be? Wait…there were other beings here. All tearing away and eating the corpses. He avoided turning away in disgust instead his eyes took in the other two beings…one was a wolf…the other…some spawn with markings all over its body. Damien sighed to himself. What the hell was he? A magnet for freaks?

In the distance, he heard the call of the hunting horn, and he shuddered as he felt the tiny tremors in the ground, the pitter patter of hunting dogs; the whinnies of the horses, the smell of sweat on leather whips. And the men. Why me?

“Why?!?!?� He fell to his knees, head buried in hands once more, and systematically began to fling every shred of corpse as far away as he could, wailing, “why!� like it was a mantra. A shadow fell across him. Looking up, he gazed into the empty eyes of the zombie, and in a fit of rage, he slashed at it, ripping the head off of it and throwing it in the direction of the oncoming mercenaries. The head sailed over the forest tops, blocking out the sun for an instant before disappearing into the trees a few hundred metres away. This was followed by a few yells…

“Look, all of you, I know you can understand me so look at me.� He waited until he’d gotten everyone’s attention. “There is another legion of hunters approaching, and if they are as strong as the first legion were, then it will be very difficult to overpower them, no matter how strong we are, for they have weapons that shoot fire and can kill from a distance.� He didn’t think any of the beings here were very magically orientated, so even though they all had speed and strength, he wasn’t sure how much use they’d be against a foe bent on their extermination.

If he were still human, then perhaps he would feel the same hatred and prejudice towards anything non-human. In fact, he did still feel the hatred, only now it had simmered down to a weary acceptance. Damien resolved to find out whom or what was killing all the villagers so that at least he could be in peace.

One of the beings snarled angrily at him but he glared back. “If you want to stay here then that is fine. Anyone coming with me to rest and recuperate?�

Without waiting for an answer he stormed back to his mansion.

((Cross-posted to both sister threads ^^))

Anonymous

(ooc: "A magnet for freaks?" lmao. Love it! Quickie post for Arashel. Cross-posted this to both threads too.)

Arashel paused as he sat happily in a tree watching the action, a hand raised as he toyed with the strings of his puppet. Then without warning the strings went taught, then limp. He frowned and blew into his curled up hand, the white spidery strings vanishing in a small puff of smoke. Him again? Arashel’s frown deepened. And here he was having so much fun! He hadn't been able to do something like this for weeks, and was able to dump Faraday off his hands for the moment. He sighed, his shoulders falling as if the weight of the world was too much for him. He didn't want to go back to Faraday quite yet, not really concerned at the moment--at least he tried not to think of what kind of trouble she was getting into. Then again he thought his eyes suddenly popping open as if he had been woken up from the dead. She did burn down his home, and pretty much destroyed it! All because she was curious! His face scrunched up into a fury of emotion and he stood up suddenly only to be painfully thrown back, his life chain rattling as he went falling to the ground in a heap of leaves. He sat up quickly, feeling the chain tearing at his skin and realized he needed to get closer to her or he was going to tear them both apart!

Moving quickly, still invisible to the naked eye he made a dash for where she had went, not really finding himself impressed with the place. After all, he had seen much better looking pieces of art and furnishings. He was an elf after all. And had lived as a White Elf for more than half his lifetime. He walked carefully into this vampire's home, arms folded across his chest as he checked the place out, not caring to disturb or undisturbed anything in this unnatural environment. He stopped as he stood in front of a covered painting, waving his hand in front of him as a dark gust of wind threw the cover off and he saw what was behind it. Arashel did so with the others, and then making a disgusted sound made his way out of the room, not caring to step on the covers he had just tossed aside.

Better find out what lurks in the shadows of this place, he thought heading down a corridor which held the distinct flavor and scent of blood.

(ooc: I'm probably going to post this and another added post with Faraday in the other thread)

Anonymous

Suspiscion rose in the intelligent side of my mind when the other wolf started ripping the zombie to shreds. Funny, I'd thought she was in control of herself by the way she had lay down, nose to the earth to block out the scent of blood and death and undeath, a few feet away from me. But I guessed I must have been too quick to assume she wasn't like me.

Kill, kill, kill...

The part of my brain that was in control still couldn't decide whether to go after the corpse or or the being holding the vial. After what seemed like an eternity of walking in circles between them, the beast was finally starting to wear down. If only there hadn't been so much blood, I could have changed back...but gods damn themselves, every inch of the ground seemed to be drenched with the red stuff!!

Kill, kill, kill...

I heard someone crashing through the bushes, breaking breanches and snapping twigs as they progressed in my direction, and my head swung around to see...blondie was back and he looked pissed. He had a reason, of course- he'd left one vicious monster and come back to find three. But still, he seemed to be acting...odd. He attacked a tree as if it had killed someone he loved, then dropped to his knees and began throwing bits of corpse everywhere, screaming "WHY?". A peice of zombie struck me above the eye. Great, so much for trying to regain control!

Kill, kill, kill...

It was the approach of the hunters that finally spurred me to reclaim my mind. Horses whinnied, the ground shook, and...hunting dogs bayed. Damn it all! Canine barks and howls could force me into wolf shape almost as easily as blood could. But desparation...the thought of more horsemen heading our way instilled a fear so powerful in me that even the my lupine side felt it. Frightened for a second before it could get it's priorites straight again, the wolf slipped mentally- and in this moment of weakness the me that should have been in command broke loose from the inner prison constructed by the beast. In my mind, my rational side finally addressed my wolflike side.

GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM, ASSHOLE!

The wolf obeyed. My vocal chords changed first, and an almost-human shriek of pain escpaed from a canine throat as self-dominance was finally given back to me. Masked by my cries of pain, the voice of the blonde man somehow managed to reach my ears.

"Don't..." Crack. Both of my legs broke and returned to their human shape, and I screamed in pain. "Don't...leave...me...." My arms broke next my and fur began to disappear, revealing the long gashes that on my back went from my neck to my waist. Blood dripped everywhere. My blood. My wings burst from my back and regrew their feathers, showing no sign of the arrow that had pierced them before. I blinked once or twice, wincing in pain, as my eyes changed from yellow to brown, the whites becoming visible and my pupils changing from slits to circles. More screams.

When the change was finally complete I stood cold, injured, and half-naked in the shadow of a tall tree. "We've got to follow him," I told the other wolf and the suscpiscious tattooed woman, gesturing pathetically toward the path the pale blonde man had taken. My voice was too weak to be called a whisper. I wondered if anyone had heard me.

I felt diizzy. The agony of the transformation had sapped my strength and my knees gave in, causing me to fall forward. I landed flat on my face and there I stayed for a moment before I raised my head, a sudden will to live that hadn't been there before adding heat to the fire that naturally resided behind my eyes.

Digging my fingers, which were already covered with blood and dirt into the earth to pull myself forward I began to crawl toward the path, determination etched into every angle of my face.

Anonymous

Vivian dropped what she was doing as the man came screaming and knocking through the forest. The zombie was dead...again. She padded back some as she looked up at the man not quite sure what he was either he didn't smell human. She stared at the person with the dark markings on her but didn't want anything to do with it.

She did a double take as the boy emerged from the wolf something completely different. Her eyes widened What is he? She wiped off her muzzzle on the grass next to the clearing and stood next to the boy. The sun still was not rising yet it seemed this was an endless night. She was a large wolf, way bigger than any normal wolf and she scooted underneath him lifting him onto her back. It would be a slight struggle but he was in lots of pain. She spoke to him finding she could he had enough animal in him

I'm not sure what you are but there is a part of you that's wolf. So i'm gonna carry you.

She stood and started walking behind the strange man following him down the path. This wolf guy was suprisingly light maybe the trip wouldn't be so difficult.

Anonymous

(OOC: Cross-posted this to the mansion. My apologies for the craptastic post...)

I held onto the wolf's shoulders to avoid falling off, whimpering softly as pain shot from my shoulder up my neck, wing and arm. My eyes rolled into the back of mye head and I could feel myself almost faint.

The arrow I'd been hit with in wolf form was still there although the flame had long since burnt out, leaving only the blackened shaft of the arrow which had been broken off during the shift back to my humanoid form. The wound seemed to have closed over during the change, but I could still feel the tip of the arrow, a charred peice of wood that sharpened to a point at the end, embeded in my flesh just above my wing. The wound would probably have to be reopened later to remove it.

Her voice in my head brought me back to my senses. I blinked as my eyes readjusted to the light again.

"Thank you," I said into her ear, my own voice so weak that it was barely audible.

I hoped she wouldn't have too much trouble supporting the extra weight. I was startlingly skinny, and, not unlike a actual bird, I had a lightweight skeletal structure and hollow bones so I would be light enough to fly.

Barely able to lift my head, I glanced over my shoulder before I spoke...

...And didn't get a chance to say what I'd intended to, because another sharp stab of pain silenced me. Unable to take it anymore, I buried my face in the the fur of her shoulder blade and everything went black.

I woke up facedown on the floor of an unfamiliar building, still in agony. Dark, brilliant brown eyes scanned the room with slightly blurred vison in search of anyone else who might be around, and in the process I happened to see...walls. I was usrrounded by them. I shuddered in fear, panic visible on my face as I tried to sit up but fell forward again.

"Where am I?"

Anonymous

((posted in the mansion post))