Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bread and apples and starving boys.

Started by Anonymous, May 03, 2006, 07:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

[Aww! Yay! *GROUP SNUGGLES!* Heeheehee! <333 Oh yes, and I aaalmost have a Vahni pic drawn! *random* XD]

Ouch, burned again!

...Though she did have a point...as much as he hated to admit it. Hey, thieves weren't exactly known for their comaraderie! And, guiltily, Vahni recalled his earlier thoughts upon rescuing Shiloh, that he could throw the whole "I helped you, now you help me!" thing in his face. Yeah...it was true. He, like other thieves, had been taught not to do a thing unless there was an opportunity for personal gain because otherwise they were just wasting precious energy, and they certainly needed a lot of that with all the running they did! Of course, this philosophy, at least in Vahni's circle, only applied to "outsiders"--which included, but wasn't limited to, thieves from other gangs and the like. If you were in the circle, you looked out for each other. People outside that little circle didn't count because, hey, you didn't even know if you could trust them, anyway, so if you ever did a good deed for them, you could rest assured that it was for a very valid, selfish reason.

It was for that reason that Vahni really couldn't argue with Tovi this time.

Okay, well he could argue with the third-rate part! Him? Third-rate? Yeah, right!

"I ain't third-rate! Only reason I got caught was 'cause I was lookin' out for someone inexperienced," he said with a firm nod, frowning. But there wasn't much heat in his voice, and he sighed and shook his head. Well, at least they were on the same page. He couldn't fault Tovi there, not that he was trying to. It was just hard to bury all the suspicion he'd been raised with for his entire life! Which...wasn't a very long life, granted, but it was still hard to shake. "His kind" and "her kind" just...weren't supposed to get along!

It was kind of disconcerting.

He was mostly quiet as Tovi went on, snorting a little as she mentioned stashing him in the bunks because of course Mister Clean Mind would think of all the weird jokes he'd heard here and there about military men. Yeah, good idea, Tovi, stash a pretty boy there. Ahem. Anyway, moving on...

"...It's a bit too crazy to be coincidental," he finally agreed, and hugged Shiloh as he clung to him all the more. Poor guy really didn't remember anything! Vahni glanced at Shiloh's face as he smiled brilliantly up at him, and he smiled back reassuringly. Man...that must be pretty awful, not only to not remember your past, but to just...be wandering around aimlessly. At least, that was what Vahni assumed, since Shiloh didn't try and answer Tovi's question. So...he was just wandering? Didn't know where he came from or where he was trying to go?

...Damn...that was pretty depressing. Sure, Vahni never knew his folks, but he remembered his past! He had a foundation to stand on!

Yet, with the way Shiloh was smiling, he sure didn't seem to let it get him down.

"Huh...well, guess it doesn't matter much, eh? You're here now, ya don't have nothin' to worry about s'long as your here, and...and it's gettin' close to dinner time. Oi, Tovi, ya stayin' for dinner?" he asked suddenly with a grin.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

((YAY!! XD Coincidence, since I JUST finished a Shiloh pic [finally TT_TT] about half an hour ago~))

Anonymous

Tovi bit her lip while Vahni made Shiloh promises that he probably couldn’t keep. She didn’t doubt the thief’s intentions. Of course he would want to keep his friend safe. But there were too many factors to guarantee something like that. Where had Shiloh come from? How did he get to Arca? It wasn’t the easiest of places to stumble into. While Vahni was quite possibly the most optimistic thief ever to walk the planet, Tovi just couldn’t shake the feeling that something was off.

She trusted Shiloh (how could she not?), but she didn’t trust the situation he was in.

Gah! This was so not in her job description. Just as Vahni offered dinner, Tovi’s stomach grumbled rather loudly.

“Um, I guess that’s my reply.� She blushed.

After a moment, Tovi smiled and added, “Stale bread didn’t really hit the spot!�

((OOC- No fanart here! I can’t draw. I pull off a stick figure though. Oh man, you wouldn’t want to mess with my stick figures. They’re sharp and pointy and dangerous.))

Anonymous

Calmed by the promise to be taken care of (he didn't realize that Vahni couldn't keep him safe from the world), Shiloh just smiled at them both. As for food... the idea of dinner did sound lovely. He wasn't very full.

His eyes moved to the apple-core sitting on the floor near his pack and his eyes seemed to sparkle. Would he get more apples? Oh, oh he hoped so! Moving away from Vahni, he retrieve the remainder of the apple and held it up, hoping they'd get the idea. Though, really, any food would have been appreciated... so long as they didn't try feeding him meat.

<small>(Augh, short. @_@; It's hard to make long posts for someone who doesn't talk. XDD)</small>

Rhindeer

[That WOULD be tough! I've never played a mute character before, and I have to say, you're doing excellently! <33 It would be hard. o__o And sorry this took so long! My brain like...died for a while, but I've resucitated it!]

Tovi's stomach rumbled loudly, and Vahni laughed and grinned slyly over at her. So, Tovi would be joining them for dinner, then! Hmm...he couldn't help but wonder if she understood the full implications of what having dinner meant for a thief, especially considering she was a soldier. Well, they'd find out soon enough! But first, he had to take care of some rather important matters. As fun as it would be to drag her along and steal in front of her and stuff, he really, really, really didn't want to get arrested. In this case, it was best to leave no room for surprises and just...get everything out in the open right away.

Much as the uniform made him uncomfortable, he had realized that the person in it wasn't all that bad. She'd covered he and Shiloh's asses, after all, she was worried about Shiloh, and now she wanted to have dinner with them. It was kind of an odd thing to realize--the fact that she hadn't judged them. It would be an easy thing to do, too, considering the run-down shack he lived in which really wasn't all that clean, to say the least, and his own patched up, hand-me-down clothes.

Sitting up, Vahni's sly look turned oddly serious. "Ya do know what dinner means to a thief, eh? Gotta steal to eat an' all, an' that's what's gonna happen now. I'm gonna put it to ya bluntly--me an' Shiloh, we're gonna go steal junk. Alright? I'm tellin' ya this now so's I know ahead of time if you're gonna arrest me, 'cause if ya are, stop me now an' you can pay for the food if ya wanna eat. Plus, I, er...ya might wanna wait here." He gave a grudging sigh, rolled his eyes skyward, and waved his hand dismissively as he explained. "Guess it's your job to arrest people an' all, so...um...ya'd prolly get in trouble if ya stood 'round while we did our thing, right?"

He guessed it was safe to tell her that, since she had caught them red-handed and had let it slide.

His eyes shifted over to Shiloh as the kid held up the apple core, his eyes shining, and Vahni just about burst out laughing. Yeah. He got it, all right! That kid sure loved apples, didn't he! Grinning broadly, Vahni nodded quickly. "Heh heh, yeah, o'course, Shiloh! We can get apples an' stuff. S'long as we don't get busted." He looked at Tovi pointedly, but the look was more playful than serious.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

[I’m aliiiiiiiive. And in the midst of fall semester, hence the long period of deadness!]

“Alright. I’ll come too.�

Tovi crossed her arms, silently daring either of her new friends to protest.

She had *been* a thief once, and was fully aware of what dinner entailed. She wasn’t going to sit around and let the boys go out and do all that work, then act high and mighty about where the food came from. Stealing, when done properly, was more work than actually working!  It simply wouldn’t be fair to eat Vahni and Shiloh’s dinner and not contribute.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t trust you two to go out and not get yourselves caught. This is a chance to show ya how proper thieving is done. Also, that last statement is absolutely inadmissible in court.�

Tovi stood up, only to remember that she was wearing her uniform, which even at nighttime stood out in a crowd. She had never understood the design behind the stupid things- in a fight, they basically made the soldiers walking targets with shiny buttons.

“I, um, might have to borrow some clothes though.�