Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

~..Hello, Rain..~ (Daft! ^-^)

Started by Anonymous, October 05, 2006, 05:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Nick let Beacon slid from his grasp and placed the boy on the ground, running his fingers through his shaggy hair as he stared down at his friend.

“A hotel?� He questioned, dark eyes glittering a moment as he stared down at him, before sighing and shaking his head at the question about the duo.

“No…no we didn’t catch them. We will though, we will. You were there, kiddo, remember?� He asked with a laugh and reached his hand forward to ruffle Beacon’s hair, before realizing that the kid was still tired, and could fall over at any minute. Nick sighed and reached towards to grab onto the kid’s shoulders and pull him closer, just so if he fell, he wouldn’t hit the ground.

“Okay, where’s this hotel, and you want me to carry you? You’re walking dead still Beacon.� Nick locked his eyes on his friend as he waited for an answer, muffling a yawn himself.

Anonymous

"Yes, a hotel." His home wasn't there anymore. He'd sold it earlier and was supposed to be leaving in a few days for another town--this one wasn't helping his situation. In fact, his situation seemed to have followed him.

"I was asleep when that guy came for you. I thought you'd beat the living night out of him." He shook his head and tried to open his eyes a little more. No go. "But I'll be fine. The hotel's just a few blocks down from here."

He turned about and headed towards it, noticing a flash of silver now and again coming from different windows in a home. "Hey. Hey, hey..." His eyes opened wide. That wasn't an ordinary flash.

He muttered something in his own language, saying "Do you see what I see?"

Anonymous

Nick rubbed the back of his neck as he heard from Beacon what he was expecting him to do to the male of the duo. He gave a laugh before gently pushing Beacon.

“Guy just disappeared. If he hadn’t ran, I would have had him.� He defended himself, trying to salvage his pride, the pride which he held very dear to him.

When Beacon turned to walk in the direction of the hotel, his own attention turning to stare at his friend’s back. He then caught the flash in the windows and his eyebrows furrowed together, before he took a few steps forward, hearing Beacon say something in a language he couldn’t quite understand. Nick took a few more steps forward, before resting his hand on Beacon’s shoulders and he pushed him forward slightly.

“How about I take you to the hotel?� He asked and gave a sort of half grin down to the silver haired boy.

Anonymous

"Take me--? No way." Beacon's eyes were gleaming with mischief all of a sudden as he headed in the direction of the flashes. Crouching down, he picked up a good-sized stick as tall as Nick and headed towards a window.

Peeking in, he saw a silhouette even more graceful than Zharu's. And in her hands were little baggies and...and kamas.

"Nick! Nick!" Beacon waved his friend over, holding the stick firmly in one hand.

Anonymous

Nick rolled his eyes and took a few steps towards his all of a sudden courageous friend.

“Beacon. Seriously, kiddo, you’ve got to be exhausted. Just listen to me, alright?� Nick pleaded with him as he slowly made his way towards the boy with his stick. When Beacon began to call for him, Nick sighed and lazily jogged over to the window.

“What?� He asked, brushing his fingers through his hair, his dark eyes flashing as he only looked to the boy.

Anonymous

((And now for...a plot twist! >w<))
Sleep? When did he ever need sleep? Had his other side been sleeping before? Pfft. That weak excuse for a spirit body made him sick.

His smile turned devilish. "Your luck's turned." Looking back inside the window, the Specter seemed to have tripped and fall on a rug. She looked up at the window, not really looking outside it. She turned around to make sure she hadn't awakened anyone inside the home and straightened the rug.

Beacon crept around the house and set hisfeet, padding them against the ground. Like a cat, he jumped up onto the roof, hands holding the edge and legs scratching at the rooft to lift the rest of Beacon's body up. Once on the roof, he got into a defensive pose and waited.

After a few minutes the Specter shot up onto the roof and paused, staring at the man before her. Saying nothing, she dashed for the next roof. With a little help from his stick, Beacon followed her. She contemplated his move.

"What're...!" The Specter shifted nervously. Looking down to see Nick, she blinked. "You two." Her voice was silky and had an odd purr to it. Maybe because she was startled.

Beacon kept still--if he moved in the light too much, she'd notice that it was a stick he was holding was...well...only a stick.

Anonymous

(Gah! Sorry this post took so long!)

Nick stopped as he looked down to Beacon, and his eyebrows furrowed together angrily.

“What’s gotten into you kid. Stop it!� He growled and raced after him, lifting himself up onto the roof as well, using mostly his arms to toss his body up onto the roof. When the girl appeared, he gave a devilishly handsome smile towards her, bowing.

“Ah yes, us two. We simply can’t seem to stay away from you and your beauty.� He kept that grin on his face as he slipped closer to Beacon, and the girl. His movements were silent, and he was obviously skilled in stealth.

“We don’t mean you any harm, but we’d appreciate if much if you stopped breaking into poor families homes. Oh, and having your henchman threaten us with horrible, horrible things.� Another roguish smile was tossed in her direction as he finally reached Beacon.

Anonymous

(It's quite all right. ^-^

My post was supposed to be twice as good as this post, but I lost the actual reply I wrote it on. TT_TT Sorry.)

The Specter looked them over, scoffing at Nick's charm. "What do you take me for?" She then noticed what he said about her partner, the Pendulum. Hemchman, her eye! "Maybe if you didn't stalk women in the night, he wouldn't be so brash with you. And I don't think you can tell an apparition, a figment of your imagination, what to d--" Beacon had made his way silently behind her, ready to use his stick to grab her by the throat. She slipped her way under the stick and seemed to fly to the next rooftop, not showing a hint of suprise.

"Like I said--what do you take me for?" The Pendulum arrived, his cloak concealing all of his long weapon--excluding the blade, that is. The blade had gone from a silvery white to a red as black as the night itself."Who--?"

"Don't worry about it." Glancing over at a huffy Beacon and the suave Nick, he growled a low, "But let's leave before I strike again."

With that they fled, seeming to fly over the rooftops with ease towards the west where the crescent moon hung in the sky.

Anonymous

Nick stepped forward as he saw Beacon, before the girl slipped away from him and jumped to another roof. He let a low sigh out as his dark eyes flickered over to the girl. Nick remained silent as the man showed up, shifting his gaze between the two of them, wary of what moves they might try to make. When they left, Nick scrambled over to Beacon, and if Beacon didn’t move, he would knock him upside the head.

“What’s your problem! All of a sudden you’re some macho hero, are you?� He sighed, running his hands through his shaggy brown hair. He shook his head before grabbing Beacon’s arm, dragging him down the roof.

“Sometimes, even I know when to call it a night, and this is one of those times.� He said through a yawn. Yes, even Nick had to give up. He wouldn’t stop trying to get the two of them, but for the night, he figured he could.

Anonymous

Beacon didn't move, however he attempted to block his companion's blow. "I don't have a problem. If you hadn't stepped forward when I was about to get her, she would've been ours."

And the Pendulum would have been dead by now...

Beacon fought to stay on the roof, however he was somewhat weaker than Nick. "All right. Go and rest, then." Yanking his arm out of Nick's firm grasp, he straightened out his shirt and pants. "I'll keep tracking her..." Under his breath he added, "...before the boy wakes up."

Beacon shoved his hands in his pockets, whistling a wavering tune that his loyal servants used to sing in his honor back home. The tune was light and eerily happy--a tune that was off key and quite disturbing.