Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Lady at Dusk - Lazuli!

Started by Anonymous, September 12, 2006, 08:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Rozalia had been sitting there, still as a statue, nothing moving along her frame. In her lap lay a discarded book, and still the dress from earlier that evening hung bout her body. She’d left the thick locks of midnight colored hair down, letting it rest about her shoulders and gently kiss her cheeks. Something was troubled about the woman now though, something in those dark eyes was confused, trying to solve a puzzle that didn’t have an answer.

She’d fed that night, her thirst for blood fulfilled, yet still sat that emptiness heavy in the pit of her stomach. Something wasn’t right. She’d been alive many, many years and in that time she had created a life alone and was content. Yet, here was this young boy and his nanny, and something wasn’t right.

The book Rose had been attempting to read was set along a stand beside the comfortable chair she had been sitting in. After her hands and lap were free of the book, her slim fingers brushed through her hair, and a sigh left her lips. Sunlight was peak over the horizon in a few hours, but she knew those hours would be filled with confusion and contemplation, until she heard something in her mind, the private link reserved for life mates.

Hello Rozalia…my little dark angel…

For a moment she panicked, leaning over in her chair to rest along her knees, and then she stopped. This boy had known so easily how to connect with her in her mind? He could still walk in the sunlight, and yet his words floated about her skull. He was there, she could feel him there, but was it all of him?

You’re more clever than your nanny tells me life mate…

She waited for a response, any sort of response that would let her figure out how this boy was doing this, how this young Carpathian, who had only figured that out that evening, could find her mind, and speak with her.

Anonymous

((I’m going to be leaving on vacation to Georgia early tomorrow morning. Tuesday and Wednesday I won’t have access to a computer, but on Thursday I should be at my cousin’s house and she has a computer that I’ll be able to use. So by Thursday I should be able to reply to a post, if you make one. After Thursday I will have access to a computer, but I don’t know how often I’ll be able to get onto one. I’ll be home on Monday though. So six days of sporadic posting and then I’ll be able to post more frequently.))

Anonymous

(ooc: Sorry for the wait, dead muse! X_x)

Roe paused for a moment contemplating his next words, happy that he was still hidden even though linked to this female.

Next moment he was standing, letting go of the boy and moving outside onto the balcony the moist and cool night hair pressing up against him.

Always clever…my caretaker doesn’t know everything about me, and let’s say I allow her to believe what she wants, it makes her a bit arrogant and that is always good to get what I want. She isn’t Carpathian after all…but enough about that, I want to know more about you…do you know how much I want to be with you right now…?

Quietly Roe delved into the mental link deeper until his mind’s eye could see her sitting there and a heated lust built in him blocking out all rational thought until all that was left, all that he could send her way was his heated thoughts as his eyes raked her body. Pulling on a little more power his invisible hand reached out and touched her face gently, allowing his other to trace down the length of her body all the way down to her hip where it stopped. Roe wanted Rose so much at that moment he thought he would burst forth from this place and go and take her. Now. But that twisted side of him held back, teasing her, a playful smile on his lips.

You are so…soft…do you know that? Do you know…know how much I want to take you right now? Can you feel my hard body quickening with just the mere thought of you? I can see you, you know. I like watching you...

Gently his mind relaxed against hers so she could reach out and touch him with the mental link as well…

Don’t be frightened, I want you to touch me in our secret place where no one else can be but us…

Anonymous

((Oh, that's fine, it happens =P))

Rose pressed her fingertips together and stared out the window nearest to her as she heard his words brush her mind, giving a slight nod. It made sense that he would let the nanny believe what he wanted her to…but something about that nanny told her otherwise. There was something about that girl that didn’t sit right within her stomach, but his next comment drove those thoughts away and plastered a smirk to her lips, letting her head tilt back causing the thick locks of hair to fall in such a direction.

As the images she saw within his mind attacked her own, her eyelids slid shut over such dark orbs and her lips fell apart, inhaling heavily to get oxygen to her spinning head. Her body shifted within the chair she currently sat in, the rustling of her dress causing her to open her eyelids just partially, a glint of darkness seen between lashes.

I have a guess. And what this guess is, that you wish more than anything in the world to be here, beside him. Nothing would please you more than to be here. Does simply watching fulfill you? No, I can feel your need to be here. So come.

She beckoned to him. Called to him. She needed the reassurance that it was this shy, quiet, dependent boy from earlier, the one who had just realized what Carpathians were. A part of her was doubtful, yet there he was, whispering into her mind what she truly desired. Could this seductive voice belong to that boy?

As his mind relaxed she gently brushed against him, letting her muscles loosen as she had been rather tense, listening to what he had said to her, desire sparking through every nerve. And then, she heard what he said finally and her eyelids opened up the rest of the way, and her mind snapped shut. She closed herself to him so that that connection of theirs was broken, and she was standing on her feet, her dress falling about her as it should hang. Her slim fingers brushed through her hair and she walked to the balcony of her home, throwing the doors open to let the cool air hit her in the face.

“If it’s all but us, than who is your nanny?� She asked the air, her voice barely a whisper, but the question was meant for her. Unless he had been there, he would not have heard. Her head fell down and her fingers curled around the railing of the balcony as she let the wind and air play with her thick waves of hair and her dark dress.

Anonymous

So come…

Roe growled with anger making sure she felt it.

Do not order me around like a trained pup female!

His arrogance peeked at that moment and anger seemed to overspill onto all his other senses until that was all he felt, all he knew as he pressed his mind further down onto hers, forcing her to his will, his every thought.

You already belong to me Rose. You will bend to me. As I like it. And I chose when and where I should meet and take you.

His voice was back to being seductive; dangerous…as if at any moment it would threaten to rip them both apart. Such raw power. Roe didn’t want her to know the truth, yet he couldn’t hide the strength of him, the power that he knew was so much more than hers. Or his greed to have her, that in some way he already did own her.

Roe leaned back as his fingers slithered over the cold metal bars of the balcony railing. A smirk on his face, he chuckled.

Little dark one. How much you make my throat tickle.

His mind touched at her. A hand this time drifting down her jaw line and back up softly teasing at the delicate and sensitive lob of her ear.

Let us play the caretaker’s game for now. Until then…

Abruptly Roe had to break the link before he did go to Rose. Damn him! These desires filled the void inside him. So many colors blinding him…when would this end?

Game indeed. Who would win, and who would submit to the other? Already the wall he had built for himself was crumbling. There were only two options for him after tonight. Turn to the dark side, or go to her. But for now he didn’t make a move. Roe found himself back at his favorite chair and sat down slowly placing his fingers into an intricate steeple.

Yes, who’s will would be the first to break…

Anonymous

Rose laughed aloud and within her mind as she felt the anger. For once she was yelling in return to someone, but she was simply amused nothing more. Then, however, she felt him try to force his will upon her, and she shoved her mind against him, almost throwing her off of him.

I belong to you when I say I belong to you!

She snarled into his mind, the tone of her voice twirling around his seductive, dangerous one. She could feel his power and knew it surpassed her own. This was no mere fledgling she was dealing with, and he should have known her to be smarter than that.

I’ll make your throat more than tickle if you don’t explain to me what your game is all about. You are no fledgling, and you are certainly not that boy!

She yelled into his mind and turned her head away, almost trying to escape the tantalizing, phantom hand she felt drifting along her face, her skin, causing it to burn with desire. She clenched her jaw and shook her head, thick waves of hair caressing her cheeks.

Tell me who you are…please!

Rose begged into his mind just before the connection was broken, and her mind felt bare…empty without his presence. She found she was leaning against the railing for support after that intimate conversation. The meeting, dinner, her, the nanny, and the boy would be having the next night would be interesting. She wasn’t going to let them skate by so easily. Her life mate couldn’t be this boy, not the one that spoke into her mind and drew her wants and needs to the surface.

The Carpathian woman turned and went back into her dark home, slamming the doors shut behind her.