Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Characters up for grabs! x3 Get 'em while they're hot!

Started by Rhindeer, January 08, 2007, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Yup yup! So I have a bunch of open characters that are lookin' for some action and fun and love. If you see any you'd like to play with, just hit me up (in a PM or this thread) and say who you're claiming and we can figure something out from there!

I don't really have any plots in mind--I'm <I>very open and flexible, so if you have any ideas, feel free to share! I'm more the type that just makes up the plot as I go, but like I said, if you have any plot ideas, or if you get any while we play, share away! I'm more than willing to work with plots and all that fun stuff and I'm willing to try anything at least once. x3 I'm very laid back.

And with that said, I now present the characters!

CHARACTERS UP FOR GRABS

Aki
Species: Human (well, wolf shifter)

Other stuff:
Bwahaha! One of my oldest characters evar. In fact, he was my second character. o.o However! I am revamping him a lot! Though he always was a wolf...well, he did have a human form even way back in the day. But now I'm making him primarily human...with a wolf form. Oooo.

So, basically...he has dark skin, messy black hair that reaches his shoulders, and yellow eyes. He's about 5'11" and dresses very plainly and simply, with no jewelry or piercings save for a sort of talisman he wears around his neck and under his shirt, a teardrop shaped--and sized--diamond. His skin bears many scars, as well, from past fights and skirmishes.

Aki is...well, I'm still musing over his personality and trying to remember it all, but he is sarcastic and sadistic for sure. And pretty screwed up in the head with some serious mommy issues. xDD Seriously. Ahem. See, his mother abandoned him when he was young...but for most of his life, he never knew it. He was raised by another "pack" and regarded the woman who raised him as his mother, and the girl who was raised with him as his sister. It wasn't until much, much later after he was living a rather screwed up life following a very twisted moral system and religion that he later learned that, actually...

...His mother was a Goddess. Of a religion that was, basically, the exact opposite of the one he adhered to. This "Goddess" was said to be the creator of the clans that Aki is descended from, and Aki was by no means her only child, nor the first. He was actually one of her last. Aki is, however, not a demigod. This Goddess' children were simply not born that way.

In any case, this...kinda screwed Aki up a bit more. >_> For one, why did she abandon him and give him away to that screwed up "pack" which did the exact opposite of what she herself taught? Why was he abandoned and not any of her other children? He was sort of torn between wanting to be loved by someone he'd never really known, who had abandoned him, and who was supposed to be a symbol of love and all that and...just staying on the path that he was already walking. After all, if she didn't want him, why should he follow her?

He got even more screwed up when he actually met her. And when she apologized and told him that she loved him no less. After that, she was "killed" a little later on before he had time to know her, sacrificing herself in a battle, and he was, for a long time, determined to become pious. He was enamored by her.

However, as time wore on, he started to return more and more to his old, twisted ways. And now he walks a fine line between following his old habits and following the ways his mother and Goddess laid out.

Mataki
Species: Human (wolf shifter)

Other stuff:
Another old character. Mataki is Aki's adopted sister--but she can and will be played separately from Aki. ^_^ They are the same age, and when they were young they actually believed that they were twins. It was convenient that they looked a lot alike.

Mataki has the same rich dark skin that Aki has, though her eyes are green and her hair, reaching mid-back, is also black. However, it is also streaked with white. 5'6", she bears many piercings in her ears and one in the middle of her lip. Personality-wise, Mataki doesn't really know the meaning of subtlety. She's loud, brash, and a bit...crazy and very random as well. Her logic isn't always very logical, and she's not the most intelligent creature to walk the Earth. She rather enjoys antagonizing others and can often come across as annoying and reckless, and it's very difficult to embarrass her. She's not exactly the most "pure" of people, and she enjoys finding and pushing people's buttons just for shits and giggles.

Even Aki sometimes had to smack her upside the head just to get her to shut the hell up. >_>

It's not always all giggles with her, though. Like Aki, she adheres to a very...unorthodox way of life, and she is rather twisted. She's a Summoner, but not of the happy feel-good spirits; her path deals with demons and the like.

Demaht
She is, literally, a genie. Or, more specifically, a djinn of the ifrit variety (which is to say she's associated with fire, arrogant toward mortals, hates the fact that she can be controlled by them, and is very...trickster-ish. Be careful what you wish for and all that. XP). She's bound to a simple golden necklace inlayed with topaz gems that she also wears a replica of.

As for her powers...well, since a genie character could potentially be all uber powerful, I put a lot of limits on her. For instance...she cannot use her powers to manipulate/change/influence people's emotions, she can't kill or in any way hurt people, and she can't resurrect the dead. She also can't cause large-scale damage to land or property. >_> Of course, that doesn't mean she can't give her master the means needed to kill or hurt others--she just can't do it herself. Similarly, she cannot hurt her master--however, she is also not obligated to save his/her butt unless he/she orders her to. She also cannot go anywhere beyond a 20 foot radius of her master. She also cannot use her powers on her own--she can only use her powers when she is told to.

Demaht cannot really die, being immortal, but she can be hurt--and she can be temporarilly "killed" which is to say she'll be out of commission and...dead-like...for a day or so before she comes back. If the necklace was destroyed? Then she would probably really die for good.

Aside from those things, she can pretty much do anything.

Personality wise, she's very...well...she's playful, but extremely bitter. She hates humans with a passion. She hates most humanoids, but mostly humans since they gained the favor of the Gods over the djinn--which thus resulted in the djinn being punished by the Gods, by being enslaved by humans, when they began to attack humans out of jealousy and spite. So, she's very jealous and bitter toward humans. She hates them. But she has no choice but to serve whoever possesses the necklace she is bound to, and so serve she will--if grudgingly and while doing what she can to annoy and sabotage her master or mistress, either by messing up their wishes or just by embarrassing or annoying them to death.

She really makes no effort of hiding her animosity. She's highly sarcastic and mockingly sweet. Also, as an immortal being, she really has no shame. One has to watch out for her, because while she can't harm her master or mistress herself, she will do what she can to put them in harm's way if she gets the chance to. She's deceitful, cruel, and, well...basically, if she could, she would have no problem horribly and gruesomely murdering humans. >_> Her darker nature, however, often remains hidden behind her playful, mocking personality.

Iris [OPEN THREAD!]
Species: Human
Location: Probably one of the cities. Dunno which one yet, though.

Notes:
Har har. A blind character named Iris. Get it? Iris like your eye? XD *coughs* Ahem. Anyway. I was really naming her after the flower...I swear...<_< Yeah...also I'm mean. Iris means rainbow. And yet she doesn't know what colors are. Irony for the win!

She's a goofy goober! Optimistic, upbeat, and...spastic and random, she's very forward and always speaks her mind--and she likes it when other people do, too, since she can't exactly go off non-verbal cues. Iris has a flair for the dramatic and loves to pretend to be all spooky and mysterious and enigmatic when she's doing her job. See, she's a travelling psychic and runs her own little booth in the cities and towns she stays in, as part of a travelling carnival. But she's not really psychic. She really does know palmistry, but as for telling the future...? She makes that crap up and makes some claim about having a "third eye" by which she can "see" the future, aided by her special crystal ball! She also does past life readings! *ahem* But she really can't see anything. Figuratively or literally. So, yes, she's essentially a con-artist. 8D She was born blind, as well, so no she doesn't miss her sight, because she never had it. She's well adapted. Just if she puts something somewhere, don't move it! She'll get pissy.

And yes, she's a goofball. She'll likely use one of her "pick-up lines" on ya. A favorite of hers is some variation of, "Can I feel you up?" or "Mind if I cop a feel?" Which really means that she'd like to feel your face so she can get an idea of what you look like, so to speak.

She has white hair that reaches the middle of her back with shorter lavender-colored bangs, and her eyes are a cloudy blue--clearly blind eyes. Her skin has a healthy tan from spending a lot of time in the sun, and she tends to dress like a gypsy--very colorfully and brightly with lots of of long necklaces and an assortment of bracelets, anklets, and dangly earrings. Her hair is usually held back by a kerchief or tied in a braid. She's not very color coordinated, however--her gypsy look actually comes from her not being able to understand what colors are and, thus, she just buys whatever. So overall, she has an eccentric look to go along with her personality, and she likes it like that just fine!

Sachi
Species: Silver Gryphon--in a human body.

Ah...my first humanoid character ever, who, like Cadmus, I'm also recreating for the same reasons. XD Sachi is actually Cadmus' half-sister, but they're not currently aware of this.

Appearance wise, Sachi is about 5'6" with short silver hair and matching silver eyes. Her hair is layered and messy, and her bangs reach down to about her jaw line. The rest is tied back with a simple leather thong into a loose ponytail that barely reaches her shoulders.

A thief, she dresses in clothes that allow her to move quickly and reduce the risk of catching on things, whether it be on bits of glass from a broken in window or the hands of a guard. So, she tends to wear form-fitting clothes that hug her body without restricting movement, sturdy leather boots, and, of course, a nice pair of gloves to protect her hands.

Way back in the day when I first made her, Sachi even had a silver, lion's tail. >_> This incarnation is going to lack that I think, ahem. Anyway, in her gryphon form, once again, she possesses all the same basic colors only...gryphony.

Personality wise, she's a joker. She doesn't take life seriously, she's dorky, she loves danger, and she's mischievous. She enjoys playing tricks on people and causing trouble and to hell with the consequences--and there are usually consequences. She doesn't tend to think before she acts--if she has the impulse to do something, by golly she'll do it. Also, she like shiny things and is easily distracted by them. She's like a crow. Give her shinies and she'll be entertained for hours. Maybe it's because of her gryphon-ness and the fact that, essentially, she's half bird? x3 But she likes to hoarde her treasures and she'll guard them fiercely!

Aniketos
Species: Human

Well, Gold and I finished the huge, 500+ post thread that he and his wife were in, and now Aniketos has gone psychotic. You see, he's possessed by a force called J'aari that feeds off of violence, anger, and negativity like that. Whether or not this is a conscious force or simply some weird magic is unknown, but Aniketos does have the ability to harness it, and the effects of the magic are excruciating pain on whoever this magic is directed at. It's nasty stuff. For most of his life, Aniketos was able to fight the effects of being possessed by living a passive life and taking a vow of non-violence--an extreme one that prevented him from even fighting back if he were attacked, because J'aari would feed and strengthen even off violence and aggression that was the result of self defense. However, Aniketos finally ended up snapping and...well...the possession took hold.

He's 5'10" with short red-gold hair and honey-brown eyes. Also, he has a wife and two kids, as well as a twin brother (who's been possessed for a long time now and is crazier than he is), all of whom are in other threads. However, those threads will all eventually tie together. ^_~ Aniketos is part of a large, on-going plot, so anyone who threads with him may end up getting sucked into that!

CLAIMED CHARACTERS

[None yet!]

And...wow...that's all! So yeah! Have fun. Haha!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

I'll take ANY of them, Kythe and I aren't too picky, whichever you would prefer to roleplay with us with I'll be there.

Anonymous

...i must be very tired today.....i didnt even see what this thread was...i just saw 'rhi' and 'hot' in the same sentance and a little voice said....hell, im there!

Rhindeer

*cracks up* Wow, Choco. *shakes head and pats* You little perv! XP

Also! Sounds like a plan, Kythe! Hmm...well, you're gonna be in the thread with Zahi and Sorin. Does that count, or did you wanna grab another? XD And you must choose! I'm bad with choosing, haha! I have so many, and I'm fine with any of 'em!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Goldie

*small little voice decends*  >_>

<_<

Not that I'm partial or anything....but I think you should rp with ANIKETOS!

*dash*

I seriosuly just think that I'm missing having to nag you to post him.....*le sob*  no more aniketos post nags from me!!!!!

Anonymous

Woot since I'm back I'm taking Cadmus! XD *claims* And Sorin too!

Anonymous

I have claimed Sirka in the name of awesome! I mean me. Er well I'm awesome...Ahem! Anyways Sirka has been claimed!

Anonymous

I'll take Cadmus in a seperate thread.

Anonymous

Hmm, here at SotE threads are usually down to two threads per character unless the time between the 'threads' is enough to not make a huge difference if something drastic were to happen in one of them.

But... XD if Small Wonder is a-okay with RPin' Cadmus in two threads, I won't stop anybody.  *wags finger* No time lapses though! *makes funny hissy noises*

;P

Rhindeer

Gah, never did reply to this!

Anyway, yeah, I think I'll stick to keeping Cadmus in one thread for now. XD Just because he's new (well, I haven't played him in years and he's being revamped, so yeah!). But if you want. Kythe, there are still some other characters that haven't been taken yet. ^_^ Like Iris, Sachi, Zodei, and Aniketos!

Anonymous

i might want one, talk to me on msn.

Anonymous

*gasp!* Is Zodei busy somewhere right now??? He sounds like a good friend for my Cammy!

I totally want to make things up on the spot!  bwahahahaaa.

Anonymous

Is Iris still available? I have an extremely gullible witch's apprentice(or at least, she was) who travels with a rather clumsy elemental-turned-cat.

Anonymous

No she's not! I cliamed her long ago but rhi is lazy and dosnt write that in......speaking of which....rhi...wheres my goddamn post biatch!!??

Anonymous

*slaps Choco*

Stop being such an ass, Ass. XP