Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Story of a Lonely Girl.

Started by Anonymous, February 03, 2005, 03:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Æana walked down a forest path just outside the Dark Mage Village. She could go into town, but it would be fairly useless, since she didn't have money enough for a room at the inn, or even a good meal. It was chilly, and all she had to block out the cold was a thin jacket she grabbed from the closet nearest the dungeon of the Covenant. She wasn't used to being alone. She had always had someone around. Until now. She was cold, and lonely, and broke. Her life sucked at the current moment. It proceeded to get worse when a low-hanging tree branch slashed at her jacket and cut it on the arm.

Æana: Dammit!

She sat down on the earth to assess the tear, seeing if she could mend it.

Æana: Grr! I'm cold, and lonely, and penniless, and now even the clothes on my back are defective!

While she was sitting there, she also nursed the other injuries she recieved a few days ago: a cut below her right eye, a rather large but fortunately not deep scratch on her left arm and a puncture wound on her leg from a particularly nasy bite.

Æana: This sucks.

Anonymous

Dark Mage Village, home to the Kiraa Clan and resident to many other dark things. The Kiraa clan has broken up. Only three remain in existance, but one seems to be missing. The only one that remains in the home village is the youngest of the three. Come to think of it, he's not even in the village. Kinshou remains just outside the village in the trees above a path. Karen always thought of the boy to be a bit too much of a slacker to be an assassin.  The fool is currently lounging about on a tree branch without even wearing his scarf.
The benefit of Kuro being gone is that he won't be bossing me around much. I got the whole place to myself, now that Karen is out looking for him. Kinshou thinks to himself. At around that time, he hears the girl's outburst down below. He looks down to see the girl on the ground. Just when the girl finishes her last outburst, the branch that Kinshou sits on snaps and he falls to the ground beside her with a noticable thud. To think this boy wants to become an assassin.

Anonymous

Æana jumped and yelped when the boy landed beside her. During this sudden movement, she aggravated the scratch on her arm, causing a small bit of it to resume bleeding.

Æana: Sh*t.

She tore off the rest of the sleeve of the jacket to bandage the scratch. She then turned back to the cause of her newfound distress.

Æana: Who the hell are you?

Anonymous

"Well, hello to you too." Kinshou notes to the girl in reply to her rudeness. He stands up and brushes himself off a bit. That's when he notices something missing.
"Crap..." He states, looking around for something. His eyes finally stop at the branches above where he can see his light blue scarf. He leaps high up into the tree, grabbing the scarf on his way up into the branches to disappear in their darkness.
"Now where was I?" The boy's voice comes from behind the girl as if he suddenly appeared there. He now has his scarf wrapped around the lower half of his face to cover his nose and mouth.
"I am Kinshou Kiraa, assassin extrodinaire. As far as I'm concerned, your little outburst earlier invaded my privacy." He explains, trying to sound a smug as possible, but failing miserably. He's still too young to understand the concept of an assassin.

Anonymous

Æana looked at the boy, raising an eyebrow. She knew that she should be nice and not take her frustration out on this person, but she couldn't help it.

Æana: Shouldn't assassins be a little more stealthy? A little more stoic? Maybe even have a little more tact? I couldn't imagin you killing anything other than flies.

Anonymous

Okay, that may have been the wrong thing to say to Kinshou right about now. He opens his mouth but doesn't immediately say anything. He closes his mouth back up and thinks about it a little. Then is suddenly hit him.
"What do you know about being an assassin?!" He suddenly bursts out, soon after the thought crossed his mind. Yet again, he's still too young...

Anonymous

Æana: All that thinking and that's the best comeback you can think of? Eh, the animosity's getting boring anyways. What brings you to... wherever this is?

Anonymous

Kinshou didn't immediately reply after that either. This girl is digging into too many of his nerves. Oh well. Best to go with it.
"Dark Mage Village? This is my homeland. Home to the Kiraa Clan." Kinshou really never thought of whether or not he's giving out too much information. This is the first female he's 'met' besides his sister. The youthful age tends to mess with the assassin priciples.

Anonymous

Æana: I take it that means you're part of the Kiraa clan? Eh, I'm not with any sort of clan. I have no clue who my parents are. So actually, I might be part of some plan unbeknownst to me. But, to my knowledge, I'm not. The only parents I know is my adoptive dad. I'm looking for him actually. I'm not really used to being by myself, so this is all new to me and I'm quite lonely as a matter of fact.

Anonymous

"Yep! I'm the youngest of the Kiraa clan. To be honest, there's only three of us." Kinshou answer's the girl's first question. Though this may be a complete stranger to him, he doesn't seem to think so.
"You need to learn to fend for yourself. The world is harsh. There's never always someone there for you. Most of the time, you got to find your way yourself. I've been on my own for like a month and a half now and I'm still on my feet. Open your eyes and look for yourself." Kinshou attempts to shake the girl down about the real world.He's been through more than one could imagine within a time span of a six weeks. Not something he would be willing to admit, but he welcomes the company of another.

Anonymous

Æana: Well, I know I'm not always going to have somebody there for me, but I'm still not used to it.

Æana realized that her arm was now getting quite cold, so she removed from the bit of sleeve that was left, and just snuggled it into the jacket. Still cold, but a little less so.

Æana: Damn it's cold.

Anonymous

Kinshou could notice the nippy air, but it doesn't bother him much. All he really has to offer is his scarf. What's truely more important at the moment? Consealing his identity, or someone he hardly knows, freezing to death? At that point, the boy pulls his scarf away from his face and hold it out towards the girl.
"Here, you can keep it. I can always have Karen make me another." Kinshou notes. Such youth are so weak towards the opposite sex. The boy has yet to realize this. This is really something to cause some scowlding from his sister and a lesson from his brother.
"Don't you have a place to stay? It's a bit late to be out and wandering about." Kinshou finishes, feeling yet another emotion assassins should not feel; concern.

Anonymous

Æana took the scarf from him and wrapped it around her shoulders, letting one end drape over her exposed arm.

Æana: Thanks.

She saw his face earlier, but hadn't really noticed it. Now, actually seeing it, she realized he was pretty cute. She smiled at him.

Æana: Well, I don't really have a place right now. And I also don't have any money. I know my dad and his friend have money, so I was just hoping I'd meet up with them soon enough.

Anonymous

Kinshou's hand is suddenly placed on the girl's shoulder from behind. He was in front of her a second ago. Did she even see him move?
"You can spend the night at my place. It's the least I could do." Kinshou notes with a welcoming smile. Sure, his sibling would deffinately so mind, but are they around to do so? That's usually one thing that sets Kinshou aside from his older siblings, he usually thinks matters through with an emotional standard, aside from thinking on your feet without a care. What the boy doesn't know is his big brother's feelings towards a special someone. Considering that's something new to Kuro, he doesn't know how to express it. Sometimes, there are things the youth could teach the older eras.

Anonymous

Æana twitched slightly when she felt his hand touch her shoulder. Wait a second. Spending the night with someone she just met? This sounded like something her Dad did when he was a teenager. And no matter how much she loved her dad, she did not want to follow in his footsteps.

Æana: Umm... well, sure, okay.

Hey, desperate times, desperate measures, right?

Anonymous

Kinshou, unlike his siblings, has a heart still in his chest. This could effect his future in a way he wouldn't want. Nonetheless, it is an improvement, compared to Kuro and Karen.
"This way then." Kinshou notes as he turns about on the balls of his feet and begins further towards the forest, away from the village. Not too much time of travel passes and they come up among and old aged oriental building. Definately a notable home to ninjas. Kinshou walks up the flight of three steps and slides open the paper door.
"It's not much, but it's roomy and warmer than out here." The boy explains before proceeding inside himself.

Anonymous

Æana walked inside after him and took a look around.

Æana: This is nice. It's roomier than my Dad's house, that's for sure. And a hell of a lot warmer than outside, but I would be really wierded out if it wasn't.

Æana pulled the scarf and jacket off, setting them gently on the nearest thing that wasn't the floor.

Æana: Is anybody else here?

Anonymous

"Naw, just me. My brother went missing and my sister went out to look for him. My job is to stay here just in case he comes back. He's been gone for over a year now." Kinshou explains, relaxing his hands on the back of his head. He glances down the hallway before continuing, "You can stay in Karen's room at the end of the hall. Her bed is far more comfortable than Kuro's. As a matter of fact, I think I'll go catch some Z's too. I've had a long day." With that said and done, Kinshou slowly begins to waltz down the hallway. He stops and turns into the first room on the right.

Anonymous

Æana: Okay, thanks.

She walked to the other room that he had pointed her to. She went inside to see a bed that looked quite comfortable. Æana, in her usual habit of going to bed, slipped her shirt off, before realizing that she didn't have anything to sleep in. She walked over to Kinshou's room, forgetting the shirt, but still wearing her bra.

Æana: Hey, you got anything I can wear to sleep?

Anonymous

At this point, Kinshou has already gotten out of his shirt and is currently hopping on one foot, trying to get out of his pants. Of course he still has something on under that. He wouldn't dare to bare himself when there's company. He doesn't bother looking back as he continues to hop.
"Check Karen's dresser. I'm sure her shirts could be used with no... issue!!" Kinshou explains as he falls over to the side. From there he rolls onto his back and viciously tries to tug his legs out of his pants. Sort of like a nightly routine.

(OOC: If yer wondering what Karen's shirts look like, click on Karen Kiraa in my sig. Without the chestplate and shoulderpads, that is.)