Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

o/` I'm a genie in a necklace, baby! o/`[Shizzy!]

Started by Rhindeer, April 18, 2007, 12:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Mm...so you're like a zombie, eh?" Demaht said softly, brushing the blood--Tzak's blood--off her elbow. "Some gal had me make her zombies once. Dunno why, exactly, 'cept that humans do strange things when they can wish for anythin'. There were a lotta zombies in that place, anyway...mindless, the lot of 'em. Just moanin' an' groanin' an' followin' people's orders. No brains of their own, though they were always after other people's brains. Sad, no?" She chuckled, not the slightest bit sad.

"Then again, maybe I shouldn't rag on ya 'bout that. Had I the chance, I'd go 'round killin' without thinkin'. But I got a reason. You? Psha. What's good an' evil, anyway? It don't mean a thing. Y'know how many people've said I'm evil? Why ain'tcha killin' me?" Maybe it was something of a challenge. But part of it was because the guy was annoying her...and maybe part of that was because she envied him. Here she was, imprisoned, a slave to whoever picked up her necklace, bound to do whatever they asked (so long as they were specific or entertaining enough to survive their wish)--and here he was, free, and yet so damned mindless!

It was strange how that made her feel. On the one hand she enjoyed it. Oh, you bet she enjoyed it. Finally she had the chance to be in control in a situation where she was usually relatively powerless. And Demaht really, really enjoyed being in control...she enjoyed it a little too much, some might say. But in her mind she was still a goddess, still perfect, still an entity worthy of worship and praise, someone who had been unfairly usurped by some worthless fleshy dying things. Yet, on the other hand, this man was <I>frustrating. He was so complacent, so...without wants, needs, desires...and that was something a hedonist like Demaht just simply couldn't understand.

Well...maybe he wasn't entirely without desires.

With a snort, Demaht waved off his explanation about his blood and about not needing healing because of internal...whatevers.

That was boring to her, anyway. She'd never been interested in technical talk. No, what did interest her was his stammered responses even as she followed after him. Gods and Goddesses above, she couldn't remember the last time she'd run across someone who had made her want to laugh so much! This one was entertaining, that was for sure...and at this rate, she was seeing that he wasn't quite as stoic and free of wants and desires as she'd initially imagined.

"Oh? Find someone who'd do that for me?" Her fiery eyes lit up devilishly, and she picked up her pace until she was jogging beside him. "I see. You're into watchin', eh? After all--an' I dunno if I forgot to tell ya--I can't go more'n twenty feet away from ya. If ya catch my drift," Demaht said with a mischievous grin, bracelets and anklets jingling as she moved. "But why find someone when you're right here!"

Whether or not she was actually serious was anyone's guess.

Reaching the gang plank, Demaht didn't waste any time climbing up it and instead just jumped up onto the deck from the sand below, light and nimble and...inhuman. Even though she couldn't use the full extent of her powers, there were still some small things she could do--such as anything involving her own body. She could change her shape at will, she could fly, she could float, she could even go through things. Sometimes it was easy to forget that she was a djinn and not just some humanoid.

She landed lightly on the deck on bare feet and planted her hands on her hips, grinning at the still-flustered Tzak. "Yeah, yours or--sail a boat or ship?"

Tzak was lucky that her moods and attention span could fluctuate so suddenly and drastically.

Twirling a strand of red, curled hair around a finger, Demaht gave Tzak an enigmatic smile, eyes hooded. "I've sailed a few," she said casually, walking around him in a slow circle. "I've sailed at least fifty. Why? Don'tcha know how? Or..." That smile only grew. "Ya want me to do it? Heh. Well. If ya do...just make the wish an' name me cap'n. I promise not to crash us. Remember...I wanna get to the mainland. An' havin' this ship crash, you drown, an' my necklace sinkin' to the bottom of the ocean, prob'ly never to be found again? Not really my idea of a good time."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"No, not exactly...I work inside and I bleed and I pump blood but..." Tzak wished he could rub the back of his neck, but it would be like scratching metal against metal. Sighing to himself he shook his head and just decided to let it all side. He didn't care anymore, he was done trying to explain some of these things to her. It just wasn't worth it. "Zombies? They're...not exactly revered in my culture but they are a main source of income. Our leader, Carthax Feratul, was a Necromancer of the highest order. According to old legends he blighted the entire planet and began to shape it to his own will, creating a utopia of magic and technology. Technology won out, but magic still..stayed around."

Tzak shook his head with a sigh, holding a hand up. "Don't get into the semantics here Demaht. We could argue about this all day about the aspects of good and evil, what a sin is, and what a law is, but that will get us nowhere. I know you're evil but I...You are a friend. I don't often kill my friends." Tzak explained to her with a sheepish smile, but Aurora was saying something else in his mind. Or maybe it's because you think you got a chance to get into the stupid hussy's tiny pants or whatever the hell you want to call those. Give it up Tzak, I know you have been thinking about wishing for everything to work down there. Aurora chided him harshly. Granted, the thought had crossed his mind once in a while, but he really did want to be friends with this woman...Thinking didn't hurt him after all.

Tzak wanted to ler her be in control for the most part, or let her believe that she was in control. He had no idea what the hell he was doing here. He was cut off from all he knew, and he wanted orders and she was the only one who wanted to give them to him. He had a desire to be controlled, and to enjoy life as well, but within the parameters that were to be set forth by the one in charge. Tzak would never be in charge, simple as that. He was used to it, and when he was in control, it scared him.

"W-what? N-n-no! I'm NOT into watching or participating or anything like that! Twenty feet?! That's...Oh...Shadows be damned! You're going to be around me...e-e-everywhere..." The thing that probably scared him the most was bathing. Tzak wasn't overly sensitive about the scars and physique of his body but he was...very...very...sensitive about his...er...private areas. More so because he was technically a eunuch, just everything was there but chemically controlled that he never really...got those ideas and emotions. Now he was cut off from his drugs which would keep him from all those hormones and what not...it...it was going to be a very sad time.

Tzak had no clue how to handle things like lustful thoughts and carnal desires. On his world you either had sex because you were a noble, or you were chemically castrated. There was no in between this. So some never got experience the sensual touch of a woman or a man, they went to the grave as virgins, not even knowing about self pleasure! Now he was in a world where these drugs didn't exist and everyone could partake in the basic animal needs of the body.

This was not going to be fun.

"Well, this is how I see it Miss Demaht...you can either pilot this ship out of here without me wishing you to, or we can just head back down there and burn these boats. The choice is yours. I'll let you pilot this ship, do whatever you want me to do on board, but I am not going to wish for you to do it." Tzak said stubbornly as he watched her circle around him. He was scaring her. I bet the only thing she's ever sailed is the sailors on board a ship. Aurora hissed in his ear quietly. 'That doesn't make any sense Aurora...' Tzak remembered to just think it and not actually say it out loud. The point is she is just a dirty tramp Tzak. It doesn't have to make perfect sense as long as you understood what it meant. Tzak sighed quietly to himself as he went to the railing at the front of the ship to look out onto the open ocean. Great.

This trip would not only take a while, but he was going to have to spend time with a cynical Artificial Intelligence and...Miss Demaht. There was no real way to describe her. She was mean, she was nice, she was...dirty and perverted, but she was also captivating. Tzak wanted to look at her and wanted to just...do what she said...he didn't know why either. Maybe because he knew that she could control him and give him tasks and orders...

He had...no idea what he was going to do in this strange situation. There was no manuals, no orders, no protocols to follow...He had to just...go by instinct and that instinct told him to let her be in charge.

Rhindeer

Demaht made a sound that was remarkably close to a snarl when Tzak laid out the conditions of sailing the ship before whirling to face him. "Idiot!" she growled, jabbing an accusatory finger at him. "We are not burnin' the boats an' I will pilot this ship but you have to make the Gods-be-damned wish! What I want ya to do is make the bloody wish! So make it, dammit!" she snapped, stalking toward him with a predatory look in her fiery eyes.

She stopped just a few inches from him, rose up on her toes, and stared up into his face unblinking, hands planted on her hips as she leaned in toward his face. "Do ya even listen to me when I talk, darlin'? Didja even hear a word I said 'bout how my powers work? This ship?" She swept a hand out in a gesture that encompassed the area. "I can't sail this damned ship accurately without usin' my powers. I can't use my powers unless ya wish it. So ya better wish I know how to sail this ship or ya better not wish fer me to save ya when I get us shipwrecked, mmkay?"

Which, judging by where they were, it wouldn't take much to crash the ship and damage it horribly. There were a lot of rocks around this little cove.

With a saccharine smile and a light pat on his cheek, she twirled around and stomped away from him across the deck, walked up a short series of steps, and headed toward the wheel. Even as she walked her clothes changed a little. Not really changed, but she seemed to have gained some clothes, like a feathered captain's hat and a long surcoat, though she still wore it open in the front with her usual skimpy clothes still in place. Taking the wheel in her hands, she threw Tzak another way too sweet smile. If he was going to be stubborn and insist she sail this ship without actually knowing how--because before she'd never actually done anything; she'd just used her magic to do all the work without even knowing a thing about the anatomy of a ship--then she was going to have fun with this.

Which meant she planned on scaring Tzak all to hell until he relented and made the wish. If he wouldn't wish it? Then she'd intimidate him into making the damned wish. Stubborn male.

"Alright! Since ya put me in charge, get to work ya scurvy brat! Haul in the anchor an' lower the masts--er, sails. Lower the sails! Hurry it up, we don't got all day!" she ordered, casually running a hand along the polished wood of the wheel. Yeah. She really didn't know a thing about sailing a ship or even what the difference was between the stern and the starboard side and...stuff like that. But if Tzak wanted to be dense, well, he'd either cave or she'd crash them just to make a point.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Tzak had NEVER expected this sort of reaction from the woman, but he had forgot about her emotions and how they could change in an instant, and not to mention how they were never little emotions. Full blown fury, that's all there was. "But we would be uneven, and I shouldn't use you like a tool, like...I am some sort of...weak creature. I...need to be worthy." Every time he spoke, he just felt like he was slipping, like his resolve was leaving him, and Demaht's will was...overtaking. How could he fight a creature like that? So beautiful, so powerful, so demanding, giving him just what he wanted. He wanted orders and to be controlled, to have himself focused now. You'll have to make the wish Tzak...or burn the boat, and...I honestly hate to say this but I think you'll have to make a wish. Aurora whispered to him quietly as they watched the angry Djinn stomp over to him.

"I..." Tzak took a deep breath as he coughed. "I think you just want me to wish. This is primitive technology. Ship goes forward, left, and right, and you use your eyes to see where it's going..." If Tzak could just figure out how to actually pilot this ship, then there would be no problem, but the records had nothing about sea ships anymore. Just theories and usually that ended up int trouble for him. He...he didn't WANT to wish for her to have to do this but...he was going to have to.

His eyes went to look around the cove they were in. It would be easy for her to crash them into something like a rock or something like that.

She really wasn't that happy...though his thoughts went off the boat when she started to walk away from him, changing into new clothes. Well. She gained some new clothes...no new modesty...still...she looked...erm...TZAK! FOCUS NOW! Aurora hissed into his ear, trying to get him to focus on the task at hand. Blinking a few times he knew that he really should listen and focus right now, lest he get into any MORE trouble with the Djinn. She was fury, she was anger, she was the full glory of fire, and she was dangerous...

"Scurvy is a disease contracted when the body doesn't receive enough vitamin c. I have successfully had enough of my vitamin c to ensure the onset of scurvy doesn't occur for many weeks. As for a brat I'll agree." Then he headed toward the bow of the ship and started hauling up the anchor. Thankfully it had a special pull system that made it easier on him to haul up. Then she talked about lowering the sails and he was off, quickly grabbing ropes and pulling them down, soon unfurling the sails and letting them fall downwards. After that he had no idea what to do. Gods be damned, he would have to...he would have to wish.

"I'm sorry Demaht..." Quickly he rushed over to her, jumping from the lower part of the deck, grabbing the railing nad pulling himself up over it to land in front of the wheel. "I...I..." Tzak closed his eye sand sighed, knowing he would have to do this now. "I wish that you knew how to pilot ships, using your...magic to guide and propel the ship around..." Saying those words were just...it was like spitting out venom from his mouth...He really didn't want to do this, but he had no other choice...or else...he would be killed by her. He had to be good and play it straight, or else she would kill him.

Rhindeer

Gods-be-damned, the man was dense enough to make her want to tear out her hair. A tool?! She was no tool and him making a wish that she wanted him to make wasn't using her as a tool! Bloody hells! Where was the logic in that? And he needed to feel worthy and not weak? Argh! She didn't get him. She didn't get him at all and she didn't care to get him, either. It didn't matter.

Demaht's hands tightened on the wheel to the point where she could swear she could hear wood cracking under her fingers. She quickly loosened her grip and saw that her nails at least had deeply scored the once smooth wood. Yes she wanted him to wish! That was the point! The other point was that she really didn't know how to sail without magic! Was the idiot really that stubborn as to risk his own life just because he didn't want to feel "weak" for relying on her? Fool! The only reason she didn't start yelling at him again as he explained that a ship went left and right and you used your eyes to steer it--no shit, genius!--was because she found herself grinding her teeth, her jaw clenched so tightly in her anger that she couldn't speak.

How dare this stupid mortal tell her something so damned obvious! A human child could tell her as much!

By the time he was explaining scurvy to her like she was a child, something she, an entity that had seen the beginnings of the human race, of <I>course knew all about, her hands were literally charring the wooden wheel and her bare feet were scorching the wooden planks beneath them, her red hair lifting and falling like as though from an updraft, behaving oddly like flames. She was livid. And the only thing that kept her clothes from burning right off her body was that they were of her own creation, as magical as the rest of her.

Demaht felt like a tea kettle that was beyond the boiling and whistling part and about ready to just explode, and the wheel and planks beneath her feet were starting to actually smoke. She wasn't even aware of him doing as she'd asked, lowering the sails and pulling up the anchor. She was livid to the point of not noticing much else beyond her own fury.

Tzak was so lucky she was bound to that necklace,

Right when she was about to explode and unleash all hell and anger on Tzak (which would come in the form of yelling and screaming since she couldn't do much else), Tzak pulled himself up to the upper deck where she was. Demaht's mouth opened and she spun to face him, ready to tear into him, idly wondering if he could feel the heat radiating from her ifrit body, when Tzak spoke just in the nick of time.

And made a wish. Wished for her to know how to pilot a ship using her magic.

The heat instantly faded and her body quickly cooled, her curly hair falling limp about her shoulders once more. Even her eyes seemed to dim a little, the fierce fire that had been raging in them calming as her mood did a complete one-eighty. A bright smile replaced what had once been a look of pure and utter hate.

She'd finally gotten her way. And she'd finally be able to use her powers for something great.

"Done!" she announced as, just like that, the knowledge flooded her. She released the wheel--leaving behind a charred mark where her hands had been--and when she stepped away her footprints were also burned into the ground. Spinning around to face the rear of the ship and peer out over the water and toward the ocean, a wind suddenly filled the sails, a wind that didn't seem to effect anything beyond the ship since the trees on shore weren't stirring. Creaking and shifting, the ship began to back out of the harbor, avoiding the rocks, and turning slowly when it had sufficient room to do so until the bow faced the open waters ahead.

"What's our destination, matey?" Demaht called to Tzak, turning back to him, still grinning. Then she blinked. "Ah, right, ya wouldn't know. Huh. Well, from what I remember, there's some kingdoms on the mainland an'...ah, screw it, let's just head to the continent and see where we end up, aye?"

Yeah, she was happy, all right.

Anonymous

Tzak, you HAVE got to be careful. Something is off about her. She's getting...angered again. Look at the temperature readings for crying out loud! Tzak knew she was getting angry. He wasn't giving Demaht what she wanted. He wasn't allowing her to do what she wanted, which was to make him wish and owe her for that. True, he had just killed a bunch of pirates for her, that...might be enough after all for passage to the mainland Tzak, you're pushing it, you're doing this on purpose. My scanners indicate that her internal temperature is starting to score and mar the wood's surface, and I think I can hear her grinding teeth from here. This is not good. I may hate the stupid tart, but you have to be careful. We're still not sure what she can do...after all, she may not be able to hurt you directly, but indirectly I'm sure she knows a thousand ways to kill you. Tzak just wanted to have some fun, he didn't want her to have the upper hand at all...because...he was afraid.

That you might like it. Tzak blinked, though he didn't stop hauling up the anchor of course. Wh-w-what do you mean? He got nervous, he got scared, he got timid to say the least. She was pressing an issue, a very sensitive one that dealt with his little...secret fetish to say the least. You're afraid if you surrender your will to her, that you might like it, that you might enjoy giving your will to her and doing everything she wants. Tzak we both know that you have that little thing about being commanded by women. It's alright to admit it. The A.I Aurora was practically purring in his ear, knowing that she could control him, with this knowledge alone. Hell. She could probably control both Tzak AND that damned Djitt with this knowledge. I...haven't a-a-a...a clue what you mean. Tzak tried to play innocent, but it was hard to lie to a being that was inside your head. Tzak moved from the anchor, readying himself to pull the sails down.

Don't play coy my little Tzak. You want to be bossed around, you want to be told what to do. You know, I can do that for you. Haven't I always kept you safe? Tzak gulped, knowing that she was right about that too. She HAD always kept him safe, she had always repaired him when he was injured, and she had made sure that he would come out on top in a fight. Aurora had always...been there for him. Even when he was alone, she was there for him. That's right. Those are good thoughts aren't they? I will always steer you right my Tzak. I will always keep you safe. Now. This is what I want you to do. Tzak waited for his orders, waited for her to tell him what to do. He craved it, he wanted it, he begged for it, she knew this, she could sense this, and it felt great. Finally, she would have control.

You need to wish. Tzak nodded slowly, quickly scrambling to get to Demaht. He had been ordered, he had been told what would be right. Though he might not agree with it, he couldn't do anything about it. That had been a order, the finality in Aurora's mental voice had been firm about that whole thing. When he got to Demaht, he could feel the anger, see the anger, sense the anger and the heat that radiated from her. Her hair seemed like fire, and he was scared of her. No, it's okay. She can't harm you. She can just act tough. Just wish. Go ahead. And he did...and he waited. To see what was going to happen...and she changed completely. She became...nice...very nice. It was amazing. Aurora hadn't steered him wrong! Would I ever do that? Aurora asked simply, a rhetorical question at that.

"Right...th-the mainland." Tzak nodded dumbly, not knowing what else to do. That's right Tzak, just let her be in charge, or let her think. Remember. We're in charge. We hold the amulet, we hold her power, and she can't hurt us. After this though, you're going to have to wish for me, because I'm going to need a body Tzak, a nice physical form so that I might be able to watch over you more carefully. Tzak didn't think that was a bad idea at all. It made sense to him. Aurora was limited after all. Of course, he had no idea that she wanted the body so that Demaht couldn't steal him away from her, and force him to turn her off for good.

That tart of a woman was NOT going to take Tzak from her.

Now Tzak, just relax, and enjoy the trip alright? That's all you need to do. Do what she says though, but refuse if it is something that you might distaste. Tzak could do that. Then again, what would he not like? Probably anything to do with sexuality and what not. He shuddered in disgust, though pleasure was masked within it, as he thought about her blueberry comment. No Tzak, that is a weak thought. You know that. Besides, I want to see the frigid bitch suffer, and I'm sure she'll suffer if you don't give into her carnal desires. He gave a slight nod of his head, once that Demaht wouldn't see hopefully as he listened to his AI. Right. Nothing carnal.

((Tiiiiime waaaaaarp! I'm thinking a month and a half of sailing and what not.))

The ship had finally landed on what Tzak presumed to be the mainland. Dropping anchor into the sands he quickly put out the gangplank. This was getting to be second nature, but finally he would be able to...walk on dry land again. Walk on solid ground, not one that rocked and dipped with the movement of the sea. Once he hit the sand he collapsed to his knees and praised his God for allowing this. He did that silently of course, he couldn't let Demaht hear him...Ah. Demaht.

The whole voyage had been...disastrous to say the least. He had made quite a number of wishes, fourteen or so, four of them being mistakes, something that he said accidentally...one of them involved seeing undergarments and Demaht. That one had been in his sleep none the less. God. He found something out on that voyage. He talked in his sleep. It didn't take him long to find out, Demaht announced it the moment he woke up. Apparently whatever he said, she liked. She REALLY liked it, because she couldn't get over it. Also he discovered that if he were to sleep, he should secure his helmet, and turn off Aurora, because if he had his helmet off, she could hear him talk, and if he didn't turn Aurora off, then...they would bicker. He didn't know what their fights were about, they both seemed very content to let him sleep while they fought quietly, bickering about something. However, Tzak found the worst part to be...the bathing. Demaht...Demaht loved to bathe. Tzak found that utterly disastrous, as his original order from Aurora had been to not be tempted and give into her carnal desires but...he wasn't sure if he wanted to listen to Aurora on that. He could remember quite a few times that he was able to glimpse some of her skin and more...private areas. Each time an explosion of yelling would often issue in his mind from Aurora, though, at the same time, Tzak was pretty sure Demaht was doing it on purpose.

Why though?

Why would Demaht willingly allow him to peep was beyond him. Aurora had something about control, if she couldn't control him normally, she would use her body to control him, and it was working. Sort of. He became less responsive to Aurora, and more responsive to Demaht. Still...he was pretty sure he had drawn a bath at least two times a day for Demaht, and she had ordered him to do it all by hand. Of course, she would heat the water herself, but other than that, it was up to him to get the water. He also discovered that after asking wishing for her to be knowledgeable in culinary arts, she was quite a good cook. Though, she always offered that...that blueberry thing. He was pretty sure that she was joking about it, but one day he was going to get the courage to take her up on the offer and stand his ground. That would...that would show her who is boss! Yeah!

Still...if...if she wasn't joking w-what would happen?

Tzak! Snap to soldier! Those thoughts are NOT sanctified. They're very bad. Get a hold of yourself. Slowly Tzak got to his feet. He hadn't forgotten what Aurora had said a month and a half ago though. She wanted a body. She wanted Demaht to create it for her. Aurora had made the technical specifications for him to give to Demaht, and he had read it over and examined the diagrams as well. Tzak was almost completely sure that Aurora was looking for a way to make beauty, something that would rival Demaht's shapely body. Aurora was asking for a lot, complicated synthetic skin, advanced technological circuitry, allowing her to be stronger, faster, and more resilient than most humans could dream of. In essence, she wanted to be an avatar of some sort, something that Demaht couldn't easily hurt, and something that wouldn't easily be destroyed. Tzak feared it. Oh yes. He feared it. There was going to be trouble when this happened...Demaht would not like it. They were going to scrap, it was as simple as that.

Do it now Tzak. Take your helmet off, then wish for her to look inside the helmet and receive the information to make me my body, down to the LAST detail exactly. Tzak knew the drill, he had been...he had been practicing it in his head, what to say. Slowly Tzak hit the clasps on his helmet, undoing it and taking it from his head. Ah. The sea air. It smelled so pleasant.

"Demaht...can I...can I talk to you?" He waited for the woman to approach him and come near him, and when she did he took a deep breath and began to speak. "I wish for you to take my helmet from me so that you can put it on and receive on the screen the specifications to create a usable and working body for Aurora, right down to the exact detail that she shows you, not a micron of change in any way shape or form. Even if you don't understand it, you will create the needed things and compile the body exactly as Aurora says." Tzak held his helmet out to her, not able to look at her. He was hurt, he was ashamed, he had been...forced to do this. There was a pain in his back, a mark from a nail or something that stung, something that Aurora refused to heal until he did this for her. She kept the infection away, but she would not let it heal properly, and it hurt so much. He had been bullied into his. He couldn't tell her that this wasn't his idea...that...this was Aurora's idea. "I'm...so sorry..." A whisper, escaping from his mouth as his eyes were shut tight, trying hard not to show any tears. This was not what he wanted.

He...

He was weak.

When it came down to it, he could be bullied, pressured, and coerced to probably do anything someone wanted, just as long as they knew how to control him. Demaht had an idea, but Aurora knew exactly how.

She was in control.

Rhindeer

Ah, land. About damned time.

As soon as the ship was docked and Tzak had thrown the anchor and set out the gangplank, Demaht hopped over the railing and somehow managed to make it across the water to land effortlessly on the shore, her descent a little slower than normal as though she wasn't quite made of flesh and blood. Which...was pretty true. She really wasn't. She felt fleshy and solid when touched, if usually warmer than normal, but she definitely wasn't human and she certainly wasn't mortal. She was a fire entity made physical and she could control and alter any aspect of her body.

She landed lightly on the damp sand, bare feet barely making an imprint, and with a small flourish she vanished the captain's coat and hat she had taken to wearing during the voyage, only her skimpy harem outfit remaining. "Heh heh, sea legs don't work well on dry land, eh?" she commented as she strode past Tzak, trailing her fingers lightly over his helmet, obviously unaffected by the transition from dry land to rolling ocean to dry land again. She smiled a little, amused. "If ya want ya can wish for land legs. Or ya can stay there praisin' the sand gods I guess. I'd rather have ya praisin' me, though," she said with a coy smile, fluffing her hair and turning to continue on her way, an extra sway to her hips.

Not that she could actually go anywhere more than twenty feet from him. But she just liked messing with him.

It was so easy to, and it had been her primary source of entertainment during the voyage. Oh, it was so easy to get under his skin now that she finally knew how. Words, violence, threats...that didn't effect him. A woman's body, that did. Such a strange man. But still, at the heart of it all, he was a man and they could all be easily controlled with a little desire. The same went for women. Ah, it wasn't so much a gender thing, really; it was just how mortals were and they couldn't help it, and it suited Demaht just fine.

The only problem was if the man or woman didn't like women. That was where it became tricky.

In any case, it had been an amusing voyage, and Demaht had been pleased to pilot the ship because she actually got to use her powers. And since Tzak hadn't been horribly specific as to her knowledge of piloting a ship and her means of going about it, she'd gotten a bit of wiggle room--which meant getting them though a violent storm had been no problem, because she had just piloted the ship over the water. That had been fun. So indeed, she'd been in a pretty good mood throughout the journey and she didn't even mind how long it took. Psha. A month was just a drop in the bucket for her; it might as well have been a day.

Poor Tzak. There was just no hiding for him. Wherever he went, she could only stay twenty feet away. And if he didn't wish for her to stay away, she could follow him wherever he went. Doors? Psha. She could turn to smoke and slip through the smallest crack, which of course could make for many embarrassing moments on Tzak's part. She really had no concept of "personal space"--well, she did, but she didn't care.

Oh yes. Much hilarity. Through all the bad masters and mistresses and through all the bitterness over all those countless years, she'd forgotten that mortals could be amusing. She'd forgotten that there had been a time when she'd had mortal friends and lovers. Not just toys; true friends and lovers.

Of course, they'd also been worshippers, she'd recognized herself as naturally superior, and she'd easily moved on when they died, but...

Still.

Oh well. There was no going back. She was still enslaved. She still didn't want this. Mortals still deserved every bit of mistreatment they got.

Fortunately and unfortunately, instead of taking out her bitterness on Tzak, she'd started taking it out on Aurora...which...may have been the same since Aurora was inside Tzak. Tzak obeyed her; there was no need to punish him, especially since with him it was more like she was the mistress and he recognized her innate superiority. It was almost like having a worshipper again. Aurora...

She hated that little imp.

If she could have, she would hae ripped her out of Tzak's body and taken pleasure in plucking off her limbs as though they were a fly's wings. Unfortunately, she couldn't, both because the woman wasn't physical and because Demaht couldn't commit violence. But she could still fantasize, and she could still threaten and argue, all the while being very careful not to let anyone know the real reason why she hated the woman so much.

It wasn't just because the bitch was so haughty, it was because she was competiton and she was constantly going against whatever she tried to make Tzak do. Aurora was controlling Tzak...or trying to. That much she discovered, and it pissed her off--and frightened her a little. Demaht didn't want to lose the control over him that she had; she liked being the mistress instead of the slave for once and she didn't want to give that up. She didn't want to go back to being controlled, and she'd come to like Tzak in a way over the last month or so. He was amusing and he respected her.

She was not going to let this stupid...AI thing take that away from her.

Demaht's back was to Tzak when he spoke up suddenly, and she turned to look at him--and found him missing his helmet. That didn't send off any warning signals, but his question did.

Her eyes narrowed as she approached him cautiously, looking up at him warily. "What?"

Then he spoke.

And her eyes snapped wide open.

No. He was not asking her to do that. He wasn't. Nope, he was wishing it so there was no way to resist it, even though she tried. There were very few things that she hated using her powers for, and this was one of them--giving that beast a body. Tzak was replacing her. Not replacing her, no, but once she gave that thing a body, she knew what would happen; it'd be right back to being enslaved and she'd no longer be in control. The bastard tricked her! He lied! All that talk about her being superior, about not wanting to use her, feh! It had all been a trick to win her over so he could get her to do what he wanted, goad her into making her tell him to use her...and she'd been too stupid to see it!

Mortals! Good for nothing bastards!

Lips curled in a snarl, eyes burning with anger as she looked him dead in the eyes, she yanked the helmet out of his hands with a lot more force than necessary and put it on, unable to do anything to the contrary. Her body moved automatically, carrying out the instructions, and it was always such a weird feeling, as though she were suddenly possessed. Through it all she was completely silent, though her body had grown hot and her fists clenched and unclenched as she watched the images on the screen and began to work her magic.

No words. She was angry beyond words and she'd just let her stiff body language and murderous glares do the talking for now.

That was perhaps when Demaht was the most dangerous. The most enraged. When she was completely silent. Oh, when she yelled and screamed and pitched a fit, that was pretty minor. She was pissed, but her anger could be curbed. When she was quiet, though...

Heat radiated off her body as powerful magic crackled and lashed the area around them, barely contained magic that was also working to create the body for Aurora, as specified. Some of that magic was clearly electrical; who cared if it "accidentally" hit something it wasn't supposed to, something that was too close? Like...Tzak. Demaht sure didn't and it was pretty obvious as she worked, practically flinging the magic about--though it was also clear that she was focusing on a single point ahead of her, and that some sort of body was forming there.

Her sensitive ears <I>did catch the words Tzak whispered, but her only response was to hiss, an inhuman sound, as the magic grew a little more violent.

"Liar," she said quietly.

Betrayed again. Betrayed again by a stupid mortal.

It was foolish for her to expect any different. Hah hah. Joke was on her. Again.

Anonymous

Tzak had been awfully giddy once he had seen land.

He had no idea what Aurora was really planning. Ever since they had encountered the Djinn, Aurora had been making a scheme up. First, she wanted out of the body. Her answer was her greatest enemy. Demaht. How she loathed that creature, despite that she could make her a body to live in...still. Demaht was not a favourite at this point. The second thing she wanted, was to be in full control...absolutely full control. If she said jump, Tzak would just start jumping. If she said kill, Tzak would kill. It was a simple matter. There would be no laws, no morals, no qualms about anything. There would just be Tzak. Perfect slave. That's what he had been designed for, hell, that's what she had been designed for! She would ensure Tzak would stay on target and focus every single second, like a laser beam, on the straight and narrow.

Demaht was the black hole.

The only thing that could bend light was an intense gravitational pull. That's all that Demaht was. A big gravitational pull. The stupid harlot was so busy being the centre of the universe, she never really thought she might have competition. Soon though. Oh yes. She'd have it soon enough.

"Land legs don't work so well on the sea either." Tzak muttered in return, rather displeased by the fact that it didn't affect Demaht in one bit. His sudden little hate for her disappeared when the captain's coat and hat disappeared. Tzak knew he was weak, because he could be controlled by a woman's body. That really wasn't his fault. Had he still been receiving his chemicals (Which sadly he detonated with his ship) he wouldn't be so easily swayed by Demaht and her shapely body...Now though, with the drugs slipping from his system with every passing moon, he was finding Demaht's body to be more pleasing and she seemed ever the more...agreeable. "Of course you would, but I think I've done enough Diety worship so far." Tzak wondered for a moment if there was a sand God. For some reason, the idea of a God just for sand seemed almost...laughable. There was so much sand. Trillions of tiny little pieces of rock just everywhere...Ahem. What was he thinking about again?

Right....Demaht.

The voyage...ugh. Tzak had idly thought about wishing again, putting her on a tight leash and getting her to leave him the hell alone when it came to private time...but she didn't. Oh no. She loved to torment him anyway possible, and she could only stay twenty feet from him. Truly she was a cursed creature, a curse for him, and he a blessing for her. Trying to bathe hadn't worked, sleeping took a great amount of effort with her sitting or standing over him, whispering and giggling. Then arguing. He knew they argued, Demaht and Aurora both seemed in a huff in the morning, and he would just feel rested and awake. Once during the voyage, Tzak had almost wished for Demaht to go to sleep, but he figured that explaining sleep in a wish would take forever, consdering if he didn't, she probably would end up thinking it was...the other kind of sleep. The one where a bed is involved but no one actually sleeps.

Still.

Tzak consdiered Demaht to be...a friend. She was nice to him at times, she didn't ask for much, and she seemed content to just amuse herself with her antics, even if they didn't amuse him. All that flesh and skin...ah...he longed to be able to touch it, to be able to feel it with his fingers and to be with her warmth...and then there was that voice. Her sweet, seductive voice, calling to him, daring him...teasing him.

And Aurora.

She was sanity. At least he thought she was. Until she showed him the body. Advanced electronics, advanced microservo technology, some things that people had only dreamed of...but Aurora knew how she wanted it to work. Power crystals that fed off the sun and off fire, aborbing the heat and light. It hadn't taken him more than a second to figure out why. She would be the Anti-Demaht. Whatever Demaht would try, Aurora would be there to counter her plans. It was just horrible. Tzak...got tired of it all sometimes. He got tired of them fighting and bickering about him...like he was just a puppy and they were two sisters fighting over it. There were no rules to this. No manual, no set of instructions or proper regulations for how to about this. No, this was something you had to fix and correct with your own will. Tzak didn't have that. He didn't have experience, he was taught all his life NOT to think for himself, to just listen, behave, do what he's told. Whoever held his leash, held his life, and Demaht thought she had it in her hands, but it was Aurora who held the reigns.

He didn't want to wish. Even Demaht should have known that.

He wouldn't wish for this either...but...he had no choice.

Weak.

Insect.

Insults flew through his mind as Demaht took the helmet from his hands. No. This wasn't right. This didn't feel right. Some of the wishes had felt...alright. Like back on the boat when he...right. As far as he was concerned THAT incident hadn't happened. Still. That had felt like a right wish. Something that wasn't...really harming anyone. This one though. He knew who it was hurting.

Himself.

Demaht.

Aurora had broken his mindset, broken his will, made him use Demaht like a tool, like some sort of...weapon almost for acheiving an end. This wasn't something he really wanted. He didn't want Aurora to be able to walk around doing whatever she wanted. There was a reason an AI got linked to a suit...because really, they would become crazed in the end, unless...they could get back to the mainframe. Everything had to return to the planet in order to stay alive, in order to keep itself from collapsing in on itself and turning into anarchy.

His planet was full of assholes.

That's a good little Demaht. Play your part you little tart, I've worked hard this month to keep Tzak in my grasp, I like how he dances and plays his part like a good puppet, don't you? Well of course you do. While Demaht got to see the schematics of Aurora's new body, Aurora thought it would be high time she gloated over her victory. She earned it after all, doing all this. Ever since the beach I had him under my complete control. I may not have a body like yours, yet, but I still was able to remind him of his old life, of what I was able to give him. He's a good puppet though, does what he's told. Look at that, he'll even go against you, though it's taken a month. Thank you for suggesting that boat trip, really, this is your own undoing. That's something Aurora loved loved about this plan. It had been Demaht's fault.

She wanted to go to the mainland.

She had wanted to pilot that ship.

It was her own undoing and it was just...divine.

Tzak didn't like all this silence>. Demaht wouldn't talk. Aurora wouldn't talk. Nothing talked. Tzak just stood there...slumped on the ground, feeling useless, helpless, like a complete fool for that matter. He couldn't unwish this. Well. He probably could but...he didn't want to. That would hurt Aurora. He had hurt Demaht. He couldn't fix that. She hated him. All this...magic...all this...electricity...Tzak gave a short yelped and suddenly shot himself backward in the sand when a bolt of electricty surged through him. Not enough to kill, but it got his attention for sure. He deserved that. He deserved more than that.

His ears heard that from her.

"P-please no...I-I'm..." Scum. Filth. Nothing. How could you put it into words? You couldn't. Tzak just bowed his head and waited. Soon his AI would have a body...soon she would be able to roam beside him.

The body was forming. Tzak noted that it was oddly...familiar actually. She wasn't as tall as Demaht was, but she was just as shapely. Tzak wanted to look away, just in case...private areas were shown but...he noted that as the body formed there was a distinct lack of any real definition below the neck itself. Sure, one could see supple curves of the hips, the breasts, slender legs and slim arms, hands with realistic fingernails but...looking at the pale white body of Aurora's new form...there wasn't anything. IT was like a rendering model from some of the holoprograms he used to play. There wasn't anything female about it. Just a general feminine look. It was odd to say the least. Perfect pink lips, a small button nose, framed by short blonde hair, the bangs moving down the side of her face to rest at her chin, her slightly pointed ears poking from behind all that gorgeous silky hair.

She had style.

There was no denying that.

The body was complete, it had been made. There was a strange clicking noise and Tzak felt...empty.

She was downloading herself. She couldn't be in two places at once then. She could only exist with the suit, or in her new body. Tzak waited, inching closer to look at the body. Still Aurora's eyes were closed, but a soft smile crossed her lips and her eyes fluttered open, brilliant yellow eyes...yellow? Blonde hair and yellow eyes? Tzak was noticing something here, maybe a pattern for some reason. Slowly Aurora rose to her feet, plucking the helemt from Demaht and giving it back to Tzak.

"There. All is well now." Aurora spoke, and it sounded...odd. Usually it was within his mind but now...he could hear it. He wasn't sure if he wanted to get used to that. Tzak still wasn't sure how to feel about all this...she was naked but...she wasn't naked. He couldn't...wish for clothes...Demaht...Demaht would hate him. Aurora was suddenly there though, running her hand over his arm and embracing him. "My sweet Tzak. My champion. Finally." Tzak just stood there for a moment, dumbfounded, scared, confused...and then he reacted. He pushed her away suddenly, stepping back. "No! Both of you! Get away from me!" Tzak's helmet fell away from him as he went for a knife, placing it against his metal chestpiece. "Tzak. This isn't any way for you to act. Put that knife away, you haven't got the guts to kill yourself. It's forbidden remember?" Aurora droned on, Tzak's teeth gritting for a moment as he cut through his armour, the dagger tip pressing against his flesh.

"I mean it! Both of you just...just back off! I hate you! Using me, teasing me, taunting me! No! I just want...I just want orders. I just crave orders...but neither of you...neither can understand, neither want to understand. Just want to use me, just need me for their own selfish gain, no, not good, horrible! Just need directions, no directions given though, no no, just teased and used, forced to do things." Tzak's eyes had taken on a sort of wild quality as he spoke quickly, his voice strained as he looked between both Demaht and Aurora. Everything was wrong, everything was getting blurry...everything was fading...his vision slowly turned to black, and he saw nothing after that. Aurora gave a sigh as she moved to his side, taking the dagger from his hand, and removing the other one that he had and tossing it away.

"I was afraid of this. His poor little mind just had its first breakdown. Just wasn't meant for this."

Rhindeer

Aurora's gloating didn't help matters any and as Demaht's anger level rose, the magic also grew more intense, stray tendrils of electricity lashing the ground and leaving glass behind where sand once was. Her skin was burning, and had anyone touched her then, they would have come back with a severely blistered hand if they were lucky. But despite her anger, no matter how much she loathed her current task, she couldn't stop. She wanted to tear the body apart even as it formed, but she had no choice but to view the complex designs and create what was shown, and she wouldn't be able to hurt it once it was formed.

How <I>dare that creature insult her!

All along she'd known Aurora hated her, and the feeling was mutual of course. They'd argued, they'd bickered, and though Demaht's emotions fluctuated widely she could hold a grudge for centuries or more. Some grudges stuck around forever, and others only vanished because she forgot about them. Yet while she loathed Aurora and hated arrogant people (only she and other djinn were allowed that because only they were worthy of it) she wasn't actually threatened by the little beast. Nah. Why should she, an immortal, godly, gorgeous, and <I>wonderful creature be threatened by some stupid imp? Besides, she resided in Tzak somehow. Tzak controlled her.

And Demaht controlled Tzak.

The bickering was fun and a way to pass the sleepless hours. Nothing more. Demaht wasn't emotionally invested in them or concerned.

Now she was.

She'd been played. She'd been tricked.

And that pissed her off even more. That she'd been tricked. By that stupid imp! And she'd been none the wiser the whole time! For a whole damn month she'd been fooled.

But if there was at least one good thing that came from the gloating, it was the realization that Tzak had been made to do this. Still, she didn't care when she heard him yelp and knew that her power had struck him. He still deserved it. Deserved it for being stupid, for serving someone other than her--and just after she'd genuinely lost interest in killing him, just after that month of sailing had made her realize that he was a valuable and amusing asset, one of two that she'd ever encountered in her long years of existence, better even than the last one, and that she derived more pleasure in keeping him alive than in entertaining thoughts of slaughtering him.

Fool.

Demaht still remained silent and completely still before, finally, the body was complete. She took the helmet off and held it in her arms as she watched, lip curling to bare her teeth, as the AI did...something...before the body came to life and opened its eyes. Her own eyes narrowed, orange eyes burning and a soft growl leaving her throat. Yellow eyes. Yellow, so close to her orange. And it looked like she was almost trying to outdo her, the woman's body shapely and just oh so cute. Yet...

A cruel smile replaced the disgusted grimace as Demaht let her eyes roam slowly over her creation from head to toe and back again. The woman wasn't really a woman and it hadn't really hit her until just now. Oh, the bitch had mounds where they were supposed to be, but she was completely sexless. Oh ho. She was naked, but there was nothing really alluring about her body. She looked fake, Demaht concluded with a cold, smug smile.

How fitting.

She gave a soft hiss, snapped from those pleasing thoughts, when Aurora snatched the helmet from her, and then when Aurora went over and had the gall to embrace Tzak.

"Get away from him!" she snarled, a sudden surge of energy crackling ominously around her as she prepared for an attack she'd never be able to carry out--until Tzak shoved Aurora away and stepped back from them both. And ordered them both away, and that...he was holding a knife to his chest? What? What was he doing? That was...random.

The energy died as quickly as it had bloomed and Demaht watched, morbidly fascinated, even as Aurora told Tzak to stop and he pierced through the armor. Perhaps she should have intervened. She could do that; she couldn't cause harm, but there was nothing that prevented her from helping someone of her own free will, though she'd never done that once in her life. However, she'd also never actually witnessed a suicide. She'd heard of them, knew they existed, but never seen it and she certainly didn't understand it. Why would a short-lived mortal want to shorten their lifespan any more, and by their own hand? She'd never wished for non-existence in all her long years even though she'd experienced some things that would drive a mortal insane. In fact, non-existence was the one thing she truly feared. Would he really do it?

...What was he even saying? That made no sense. She gave him plenty of order--

Wait a minute.

If he died, if he killed himself, he'd no longer be in control of the amulet. He'd be dead.

She'd go back in the necklace.

Aurora would remain.

If Aurora got the necklace...bloody hell.

"Tzak, don't be a fool," Demaht growled then, stepping forward and quite ready to wrench the dagger away from him. He looked out of his mind, speaking utter nonsense, and she was not about to have her own wellbeing jeopardized by his stupidity!

But before she could do anything, Tzak went lifeless, and without thinking Demaht crossed the distance between them so quickly it probably looked more like she'd teleported. Crouching beside him, she gave him a hard shake even as Aurora discarded his daggers before, remembering that he'd pierced his breastplate, she went to examine his chest. Right. Fleshy humans and their fragility. Not that she could do anything about it if he had stabbed himself; she couldn't use her powers on other people, not even to save a life, unless it was wished of her...which usually suited her fine since she usually didn't care if someone lived or died. But before she could check, Aurora spoke.

Breakdown?

So he wasn't dead. His stupid mortal mind just...broke?

Huh. Well in that case, she wasn't worried.

But she was angry, and with the Tzak crisis out of the way, she could focus all her attention on Aurora. Which she did, leaping to her feet and turning on the woman.

"You. Shut up," she snapped, stepping in close to the AI and leaning in toward her face. "You did this, an ' I swear, if he don't work after this, if he's screwed up an' broken, so help me I'll find a way to hang ya by your toes an' strip your skin off with my nails. Ya may think you've won, sugar, but don't flatter yourself. I mean, you control Tzak? Puh-lease. All you've done is make him go nuts, an' not in the good way. Which..." She swept her eyes over Aurora's body, making the action very obvious. "You'll never be able to do anyway. You're not even female, darlin', just a cheap imitation. I hold all the cards. Ya just screwed with his mind. Honestly, doll, what can <I>you do? I can grant wishes, make dreams come true. I'm the closest thing on Earth to a goddess. I was a goddess once...to the people. What are you?"

A wicked smile formed on her lips. "Ya hate me so much, yet...ya need me. Without me, ya wouldn't have a body. And love, I can just as easily take that body away."

Anonymous

Aurora wasn't going to reach an agreement with Demaht. She wanted Demaht gone, but for some reason, mainly the reason that Demaht gave him orders and demanded things of him, Tzak would never let her go. Aurora also believed it lay somewhere in his genetic code, the one y chromosome that made him male. He saw her as...a woman. Something to be revered, like the culture taught him really...Women were always higher ups, nobles, royals, priestesses, generals, and of course...AI. The only being that was greater than them, was Carthax, but he always said that he couldn't have taken over without the power of women, what they held. Brutal efficiency. They were perfect for world domination, and as such, he had given them a much better place in the world for their efforts. Sure, men could rise to the same ranks in their world, but it wasn't something that happened every day.

Now all the training and brainwashing had backfired on them.

She couldn't hope to overthrow the hold that Demaht was having. She could influence though, and she could force him. Oh yes. She could force him a lot. She had decided to remind Tzak just who she was and what she did for him. A simple nail scrape from the ship's inner hull had been the perfect thing too. She stopped it from healing, she made sure he felt the pain, and he hated the pain. When Tzak was fighting, his body would release endorphins and adrenalin, allowing him to focus not on the pain he might receive. However she was making it so endorphins would no longer be released, and so that gash in him would hurt him. It made him remember who was boss, who held the reigns in the relationship, and that was her. Even though Tzak hadn't wanted to do this to Demaht, Aurora's control was just a little greater and she had finally managed to convince him by allowing him to heal. A reward for a good puppy so to speak.

That's all Tzak wanted to be.

A slave to Demaht, and a friend, which Aurora saw as impossible because that bitch Demaht didn't want any friends. She just wanted Tzak to do whatever she said. Aurora couldn't have that happening to Tzak, it really was just too...horrible to even think of. So this plan had to work, it would make Tzak remember who she was, and see just what Demaht truly was. A stupid tart who deserved to be enslaved.

That jolt of electricity that had shocked him really woke him up so to speak. It was punishment from Demaht. After all, if one did something bad, you got punished. Maybe things would be okay now that she punished him? He really didn't know anymore...he didn't want to know...Things were just unreal now, everything had gone wrong and it had been all his fault. If only he hadn't listened to Aurora, maybe Demaht might still...want him around. It was hope, but if he didn't have that hope, then what would he possibly have? He was lost here, this wasn't mentioned anywhere, hell, this situation probably was the only one that would ever happen in history! This occurance was all too strange, and it really made him wonder what he possibly could have done to deserve this.

Aurora wanted to gloat over the fact that she had control over Tzak, as the man had snapped. Something was off though, at first she noticed that she didn't care if Tzak killed himself, she seemed interested by it for that matter. That is until something happened, Demaht must have seen something or realized something...Ah. If Tzak was dead, Demaht would be out a master wouldn't she? Of course, there was a perfectly suitable Mistress standing right here. Of course, she could understand why Demaht didn't want him to die, she would hate to have a Mistress like Aurora, and for good reason. With Tzak dead, Aurora would get a few wishes out of the way, eternal life, the ability to travel back home, and then she'd destroy the amulet. Well, at least she was going to look out for Tzak's well being...even if it was a selfish reason.

Maybe Tzak was right.

Maybe they were just all selfish.

Correction. Maybe Demaht was just selfish. After all, Aurora was doing this to help Tzak, to ensure his safety for years to come. Yes. She wasn't selfish at all. Just like she wasn't technically a woman.

"I tire of you Demaht. So insecure with your power, you have to grasp at straws in order to think you have some power." Aurora watched Demaht carefully, unafraid of the woman, knowing she couldn't hurt her, and that she also wouldn't hurt Demaht in return, no matter how much she wanted to. "I hold Tzak. He is mine, plain and simple. This little thing is a minor set back, too much stress. His kind wasn't meant for stress. However when he awakes, he'll be fine, he won't even recall what happened." A little bit of her doing. While she couldn't tell the suit exactly what to do, she knew that Tzak would repress this memory rather quickly.

"And you're hardly a Goddess Demaht. You're nothing but a stuck up child who, when swept aside by the Gods, got into a big hissy fit because oh no, poor little Demaht wasn't getting any attention. You're really lucky that Tzak has a kind heart and feels sorry for you, or else I would have gotten him to destroy your amulet. At any time now Demaht...guess what?" Aurora knelt back down beside Tzak, taking the Amulet in her hand and slowly giving it a good firm squeeze. Though she was sure that she couldn't shatter it herself, she knew she could start to bend and deform it. "To think with all your power, I can still crush you. Stupid tart." There was a groan from Tzak, and Aurora let go of the amulet as she watched Tzak's eyes flutter open. That wild quality they once had was gone, and he seemed a little shaky.

"Demaht? Aurora?" Slowly Tzak sat up, Aurora helping him, one arm around the man with a gentle smile. "What happened? I just...remember some electricity and then...Aurora had a body...it all gets kinda dark after that." Another memory successfully repressed. If only she could force his mind to do that all the time, she might actually be able to have a whole lot more fun. Alas. "I think the electricity might have had something to do with it, or you were just so caught up in the moment." Aurora flashed Demaht a warning glance, as if telling her not to say anything about his breakdown. Even Demaht should realize that would be a bad thing after all. "O-oh...I see." Slowly Tzak stood up, putting one hand on his head and mumbling something about a bad head ache.

"Well...um..." Tzak looked nervously from Demaht to Aurora, who he stepped away from. Things were still bad weren't they? AUrora was in the flesh so to speak and...no doubt Demaht was still livid with anger from...his betrayel. Slowly he sunk back down into the sand, holding his head in his hands. "What're we gonna do now?" This was aimed more at himself, and Aurora gave a slight smirk as she looked to Demaht. "That's really for Demaht to decide. If she wants to stay with us she can, though I don't know if she'll want to after all this has happened." Aurora's tone was extremely pleasant, maybe Demaht would want Tzak to just leave the necklace in the sand for someone else to find. That had been another possibility that crossed her mind. With that last wish Tzak had made, maybe Demaht wouldn't want to stay. There were so many possibilities, and Aurora had a plan for most of them. After all, some of them were just so out there that they could never happen.

Right?

Rhindeer

"Insecure with my power?" Demaht repeated incredulously. "Don't make me laugh. Graspin' at straws? Oh honey. I know I got power. I got a lot of power. It's controlled, harnessed power right now, it's chained up an' kept at bay only by the grace of the Gods, an' ya know what? It's power that can only be controlled by the Gods themselves! Ya stupid mortals--and fake mortals--are just lucky us djinn are at the Gods' mercy otherwise ya'd all be dead! But oh no. That I don't got power, that's a fool's lie. The only thing between you an' me, darlin', is this little ol' thing," she said, giving her version of the amulet a hard tug before letting it fall back down to rest between her breasts. "Ya better pray it don't ever come off."

Then she laughed. "A child? Ya know how long I've lived? Oh, I was a Goddess once...a benevolent one, too. I performed miracles. What can you do, little imp? What can--nngh."

That was when Aurora knelt down, grasped Tzak's amulet, and began to squeeze it, the metal starting to actually bend. It normally couldn't do that; the amulet was enchanted to survive time and the elements unscathed, but once it fell into someone's possession it could be damaged; that was the only time it was vulnerable. When it fell out of a person's possession, it would renew itself again and be virtually indestructable. But in the meantime, while it was in someone's possession...

Demaht grimaced as though in pain, her face contorting and eyes clenching shut, body stiffening, breath stopping. It really did feel like she was being crushed, her chest and ribs compressing uncomfortably. It was a strange sensation, being hurt without being touched, and it was even stranger since it was only since being imprisoned that she'd become able to experience pain; the Gods' way of giving her a taste of what she gave. But Demaht was a proud creature, and she even managed to turn that grimace into a mirthless grin, though there was murder in her eyes and she couldn't speak for the tightness in her chest. That bitch...if she ever got the chance, she would be the first to go...slowly...she would give that body nerve endings just so she could have the pleasure of pinching each and every one, give her real skin just so she could slice it off and make her feel every strip that was removed...

Arrogance and put downs directed at her and coming from someone who <I>wasn't djinn was an offense worthy of death in and of itself. Demaht had no problem dispatching someone for something trivial as that; life was meaningless to her and she was a creature of extremes--not to mention she was horribly bitter, cynical, and intolerant anymore. But threatening her, outright <I>harming her...oh, she'd show her who was in power.

But then Tzak groaned and Demaht released a held breath when Aurora finally released the amulet, the constricted, crushing sensation vanishing. Her posture relaxed again, but she did shoot Aurora a scathing glare when Tzak wasn't looking, promising her a world of pain if ever she got the chance. Then her attention turned to Tzak and she flashed her most pleasant, sugary sweet smile, fluttering her eyelashes. It helped to put on that sort of a face so she didn't hiss and snarl at Aurora like she wanted to, especially when she lied and gave her that look.

Of course, she also knew it was probably good not to let Tzak know the truth...she just resented Aurora for beating her to it, for being there, and for touching him.

"Ya weren't even out that long," she told Tzak pleasantly, sitting down on the sand, legs folded. "Musta just been the climate change."

Maybe it was more creepy for Demaht to act so...nice after what happened. It was just another way she guarded and controlled herself, because it was either that or clawing someone's eyes out. Since that wasn't an option at the moment, she went with being painfully civil and sweet.

The facade slipped, however, at Aurora's reply to Tzak's question, anger flashing in her eyes and her lip curling before she smoothed out her features and fluffed her hair. "Oh, darlin', of course I wanna stay," she crooned to Aurora, though she was slowly sliding closer to Tzak. "Why would I wanna leave when I got such pleasant company an' wonderful friends? Oh, Tzak, I'm so sorry I got angry with ya," she said, turning to him and beaming. By that time she was right beside him, their sides almost touching. A second later and with one smooth, quick movement, she'd somehow managed to plop herself into his lap, hands gently grasping his wrists to try and pull them away from his face so she could look him dead in the eyes.

"I know I overreacted, sugar. I can do that sometimes. Ya understand, I'm a fire creature, it happens. But it seems this time I was in the wrong. Why, Aurora an' I had a lovely conversation while ya were out. We were both so worried. Now we're friends." Then she flashed a grin over at Aurora. "Best friends forever, right?" she chimed as she cuddled into Tzak.

...Yeah. She was still royally pissed off all right. But instead of exploding, she decided it was time to play dirty. She'd win Tzak over to her side and soon he wouldn't care about that stupid AI. There was no way she was losing this "master", not when he could be so easily manipulated. For the first time in millenia, she was enjoying being in control again for once; she wasn't about to give up the reins, wasn't about to risk going back in that necklace only to be found by some master or mistress that would treat her like an object.

That is, if she didn't scare the ever living hell out of Tzak.

Anonymous

"Right. We'd all be dead Demaht. Maybe the primitive cretins from this world would be, but we come from the stars Demaht. Far away from this land, two thousand years away from here actually. You see, where we come from, we measure in years, instead of distance, because it's more efficient. Let me translate it into a measurement I hope you can understand. Leagues. I believe we used to use that when we had horses and castles. Ahem. It would be 3.4 leagues...multiplied by ten to the power of 15." Aurora looked rather pleased with herself, though she doubted even the word leagues would make sense for poor Demaht. Who knew what the primitive group of people on this world used for measurement. There were some strange ones out there after all. "I look forward to the day that it comes off Demaht. Who knows what will happen? I think you better pray you keep your powers, or else you will be stuck as just another useless mortal." Aurora hated Demaht so very much, because she was so full of herself, so sure of everything she ever did.

It angered Aurora, because she wasn't a superior being, not even CLOSE to it.

"It looks like I can hurt you." Aurora's face transformed into a wicked grin as she watched the woman she hated with a fiery passion become weak, grimacing, in pain like a normal mortal being was. It made her feel...alive and very much in control. She could hurt Demaht in all sense of the word. It felt amazing, knowing she would forever have the upper hand.

Tzak even kept the amulet in perfect reach, right around his arm, where it seemed to fit so well, like an arm band of some sort made of decorative jewllery. That would be perfect.

She saw the pain that the Djinn held, and was even impressed, as she squeezed the amulet, Demaht managed to bear through the pain and grin, though...she still seemed in pain. Aurora could scan Demaht, see the short breathing, and for that matter, she could clearly see the woman's vengeful eyes. They say you should never scorn a woman, unless of course you were a woman of equal power. Aurora thought she were just as powerful as Demaht, so why should she submit to the will of some spoiled child? The Djinn would feel the wrath of a superior civilization. If she could keep Tzak under her power, she would be fully able to stop Demaht from doing everything, and even better...she would be able to hurt Demaht and make her what she was...a slave.

A pang of disappoint ran through her emotion centres as Tzak awoke and she had to stop squeezing the amulet. She wanted to hold it forever like that and let the bitch just...suffer.

"Th-that could be it." Tzak surmised as he looked warily to Demaht. She was way too pleasant, and she seemed concerned. Even after what he had done. Something in his mind told him to be wary but...he was happy. They weren't angry at him. She wasn't angry with him, and that made him feel a lot better. He really didn't want her to be vexed with him, to curse his name forever...or to leave. He didn't know why but he felt safer for some reason with Demaht around. She knew the world, and despite her...immodest ways she was still...someone to have around other than Aurora. The AI was becoming difficult to be around sometimes, very mean toward him sometimes like he were a child and knew nothing better. In some senses, compared to both Demaht and Aurora, he was a child. Subtle oppression had turned him into a follower of who ever could fulfill those basic needs that he required. Mainly to be told what to do.

He was a machine, and cut off from his main source of orders, he was lost.

Tzak had a dumb expression on his face as he simply watched Demaht and Aurora. They were amazing to say the least, both beautiful, though one real and one fake, they still...wanted what was best for him, and they wanted to be with him as well. "I-it's quite alright." Suddenly there was something in his lap, Demaht was there, and she'd wrenched his hands from his face, and he simple stared at Demaht as she looked right back at him. She wasn't angry. It was her nature. Of course! A fire creature, full of passion and fury, how could he not have realized that before. Creatures of fires though could also be gentle, controlled and...

Warm.

"Yes, that's right. Best friends forever." Aurora replied just as cheerfully as Demaht, though there was a steely look in her eyes, as she just wanted to rip the hussy from Tzak's lap. How dare she try this. She was playing really dirty...so very dirty. But two could play that game, oh yes, she could play just as equally dirty as Demaht, and she was going to, she just had to wait for the perfect moment. However, as Demaht cuddled into Tzak, she noted that Tzak slowly put his arms about Demaht, and suddenly buried his face into the Djinn's shoulder.

She was so warm and so...gentle. Tzak couldn't help but feel...good. He saw her almost as a mother figure. While Aurora was more of a sister to him, always watching out for him and what not...Demaht was just...there for him. He had never really known his mother, she had been part of an Order, some group that had almost perfect genes, and they were partly revered. His mother was allowed to have as many children as she wanted, but she had only wanted one, and that was Tzak. When he was born, he was dead, a stillborn, but they brought him to life, and she no longer wanted him. He was a failure as a child, too weak to even breathe at birth, so he was given to the military, and that was the end of that. His mother wanted nothing to do with him, so he grew up with drill commanders and advisors.

Now there was Demaht, who was saintly, motherly, kind, and yet still smart enough to know when to be strict. He saw her in a different light, a better light, a light that he rather liked. He had a bit of a family now, his sister, and his mother friend thing Demaht. He still wasn't sure, his hormones were slowly returning, and they told him other things. However, he was still able to listen to his self, to his mind, and he knew that Demaht should be...cherished. Slowly he let his arms fall away from her, his eyes catching on his amulet on his arm.

"Oh shadows be damned Demaht! The amulet!" Tzak's attention suddenly focused on it, his other hand reaching over to gently, almost...lovingly hold the slightly disfigured amulet. "I-I...I have to fix this." He had no clue how this happened, she hadn't even mentioned it. The amulet had been there so long he barely paid attention to it, and he now knew he probably should. Just like he should look after Aurora's program a little better. Maybe neglect had drove Aurora to this? He couldn't be sure. "Don't be silly Tzak. If you try to repair you could break it, and we would lose Demaht, and we wouldn't like that." Tzak slowly nodded at Aurora's rather kind words, though her tense posture betrayed her on those kind words...thankfully Tzak wasn't paying attention to her. "But there's gotta...I gotta...I need to take better care of this..." Tzak slowly slipped it from his arm, and instead he placed it inside his armour, over the right side of his body. The armour created a special sort of hold for it, so it could touch his skin and sort of stay pressed against him.

It was...kind of warm.

"Why would you put it there Tzak?" Aurora cursed herself for damaging it, making it noticeable to Tzak. Now he had moved it, and it would be so much harder for her to damage it when she wanted to control Demaht. "Well I figure with it on my sleeve...people might aim for it in a fight...y'know...and then...if I put if over my heart or over my stomach that's a likely place the people will aim for with a knife. But if I put it over the right side of my chest like that...then it has a very little chance of being damaged." That showed just how much he wanted to protect it. That he would ensure that no one could damage it in a fight, and if he died then Demaht couldn't die with him. She'd still be...right there.

"Hm. That's actually a smart idea Tzak. We wouldn't want to lose Demaht if you got into a fight after all. Plus I'm sure keeping it in the open would attract thieves." Damn it all to the Shadows! This boy was vexing, and she could only say so many kind things and not mean it before she just gave up. Demaht was winning too! That little display was...

She'll pay. Somehow...she'll pay.

"We should get going...I don't think it's best if we linger here much longer. Demaht, you know where we're going, why not lead us there?" Aurora said as she roughly helped Demaht to her feet, then gently helped Tzak up. Tzak smiled gratefully before looking to Demaht. "S-So Demaht. Where are you going to take us?"

Rhindeer

Demaht couldn't help but flash a triumphant grin Aurora's way when Tzak placed the amulet inside his armor. Ahaha. Little bitch didn't seem to like that, and it was an effort not to giggle maniacally at that small victory. Yeah, let's see the hussy try and sabotage the amulet now. Instead she just gave a sly grin and pat Tzak on the cheek. "You're a smart boy, Tzakky, 'cause I gotta admit I was gettin' a bit uncomfortable seein' Aurora there usin' it as a stress reliever," she said, mimicking a squeezing action with one hand. Hopefully Tzak would get the hint. Demaht was far too proud to outright tattle on someone, but she wasn't stupid. Right now the amulet was vulnerable so her very safety was being compromised.

Not even djinn were completely invincible. Destroy the amulet, you destroyed her and that was the end of that.

"Aurora's right, too. Couldn't count the number of folks that been murdered over me! Heh! I wasn't even involved in that! T'was just people bein' their nasty peopley selves, y'know? Bit annoyin', some damned thief gettin' the job done before I even got a shot." She shook her head ruefully, then grunted in annoyance when Aurora grabbed her and hauled her off of Tzak. If she had been human she would have stumbled or even fallen as a result, but she simply shook Aurora off of her and gracefully hopped to her feet, hardly making even an imprint in the sand. That was because she had chosen to stand very lightly on it, skin barely making contact with the ground. The truth was she was floating a bit, a trick she liked to use now and then because it looked kind of neat when she could walk over grass or dirt or water and leave no prints behind. It sometimes weirded people out more than just her outright hovering did for some reason.

She dusted herself off and fluffed her hair for good measure, even though it was impeccable as always. "Weeeell," she said, drawling the word. "I was thinkin' of headin' off to the desert, an' since you're puttin' me in command, to the desert we'll go! Haven't been there in centuries, an' I wanna see if Essyrn's still 'round. It's a city, nifty place. I was...'born' 'round there."

And she wanted to see if there were any djinn still around there. Ifrits, at least, and maybe ones lesser than ifrits. No marids. She hated those guys, so stupid. And blue. And arrogant. She rather hated arrogance.

Demaht glanced at her nails, absently changing their color and length until she was satisfied with them being at a medium length and colored with a red, sparkly enamel. Perfectly manicured, of course. "By the way, darlin'," she said to Tzak, smiling sweetly and ignoring aurora, even if the words were meant to irritate her. "If ya wanna fix the amulet, all ya gotta do is wish."

Anonymous

Tzak really didn't see himself as being used at this point. He just...felt like this was right. Order. A lot orders for that matter. It was actually quite nice...in a strange...way. A very strange way. "A s-stress reliever?" Tzak blinked as he suddenly pulled it back up to look at it. It...he just thought it had been warped somehow but..he put his hand on it...feeling that it could have been crushed actually. That was not...very good now was it?

Tzak's mouth opened, just about to say something, but instead he was cut off by Demaht, and his mouth closed. He shouldn't say anything after all. At least, he shouldn't interrupt her. That would be wrong after all! Very bad manners.

Aurora was silently seething, her arms crossed as she glared at Demaht. It was odd, who was really in charge here? Both of them were trying to maniuplate Tzak, trying to make it so that he would favour them, and telling on her?! That was just dirty play!

Tzak had certainly forgotten what he was going to say at this point. The amulet was just damaged, he would have to get it repaired somehow...just...without killing her. He couldn't...melt the amulet down could he? That would probably be wrong, it would no doubt end up killing her.

"Alright...I guess we're going to the desert then...that sounds like it could be...erm...nice." Tzak couldn't really be sure. What if he encountered more Djinn there? What might happen to him. He began to fret quietly to himself as he wondered just what he could do. Aurora was here...Demaht was here...both of them he had feelings for...Demaht he had only known for a month but she was something else. Something very different from what he usually knew.

He didn't really feel like disappointing anyone but...he knew that the sand would be havoc for Aurora's body really...thinking about it...all that sand just...gumming up her works and what not.

Quickly though he threw that thought from his mind.

That was a wrong thought.

Tzak watched with interest as she suddenly began to change her fingernails. Somehow she knew just how to be so beautiful didn't she? She didn't even have to try. On the other spectrum, where Aurora was, she glared with jealousy at the Djinn. That was just unfair. She couldn't change herself at will, and she didn't trust Demaht enough for the wish, considering how precise Tzak had to be with the wish and all.

Best not to risk that.

"Is..that all I have to do then? Just...wish then." Tzak wondered if he really should. He didn't want it to be so rough again...so perhaps he should. "Well...um...I wish that the amulet was repaired." Aurora wanted to just rip that damned amulet from around his neck and destroy it but sadly she couldn't, Tzak would stop him. Damn him. He was finding new hormones in his body, new thoughts and feelings. She would have to keep a close eye on Tzak, remind him about the sin that was what he was thinking.

She would not let Demaht get her hooks into him.

Rhindeer

Demaht rolled her eyes skyward. "Duh. That's what I've been tellin' ya for like...how long now? Oh, I dunno, maybe since ya freakin' SUMMONED me? A MONTH ago?" she said, heaving a sigh. "Gods be damned, you're so dense. Yeah! Duh! Wishin'! It's what I grant! Y'know, djinn and all that junk, yadda yadda, Gods. Ya couldn't have possibly just figured that out..."

The boy was going to drink her to drink, not that she could get drunk. The expression still stood.

At least he'd made the wish. It usually took an arm and a leg to get him to, and Demaht rolled her eyes again and made some fancy hand motions at the amulet--not because they were necessary, but because mortals tended to expect some amount of fanfare when wishes were granted and she was a performer at heart. Soon enough, the dented gold and cracked topaz began to heal, cracks sealing back together and dents popping back out. It was sort of like watching the damage being rewound. When she was done, the amulet was good as new, and a little extra sparkly, as well. Demaht threw that one in there; the gold and jewel had looked like it needed some polishing. She'd have to talk to Tzak about polishing it daily.

"There. Good as new. Thank you." She smiled brightly, hands on her hips as she looked over her work. In addition to the thing looking new again, she also felt a hell of a lot better. There had been a sort of strange, constant ache in her body, very subtle but still there, ever since the thing had gotten crushed and she hadn't felt quite as strong, either. Honestly, she hadn't really noticed the difference after the initial crushing, but now that it was fixed she did.

Weird how that worked.

Flashing a sweet smile over at Aurora, she held up a finger and waggled it at her. "Now take this as a lesson, sweetie. When ya get pissy and wanna squeeze somethin', next time use a rock. Or Tzak." She raised her eyebrows up and down suggestively, then cackled. "The amulet's off limits. So be a good girl. Right, Tzaky-doll? Now, where were we...oh right, desert! So we goin' there or what? I'd lead, but ya gotta walk, Tzakky. Y'know, twenty foot rule and all. Everyone ready? I sure am."

And maybe they could even lose Aurora along the way. They'd be walking through some treacherous territory. Aurora might have an unfortunate 'accident'.

Anonymous

Tzak shrunk under the yelling of Demaht a little bit, coughing uncomfortably. She didn't have to be so mean about it. He wasn't sure he could repair the amulet with a wish, he thought once it was damaged that was it. Still, that was a pretty interesting thing. It could get damaged, the Djinn might feel the pain from it, and then the master would have to wish for the amulet to be repaired. So the Djinn would have to be nice. Or just not care even.

Now um...

He wasn't going to count this wish against himself. This was a wish solely for her benefit, so he didn't really owe her for that. That at least was alright. Tzak watched the amulet as it began to repair itself magically. It was a wonder to see really. The gold all came together and the topaz healed. Everything looked so good after ward too. He liked it much better this way. He did notice that it looked unusually shiny. Then again, it had been stuck in the mud for however many years after all, so it wasn't like it hadn't gotten tarnished. Well, at least he could just wish it to be sparkly.

"Ahm, you're welcome." Even Demaht seemed in better spirits right now. She seemed in a lot better spirits, she even looked that way too. She looked a little...just...not as down, not as annoyed, her face was more relaxed and even the aura about her seemed better. That is, her attitude that pulsated from her was a lot...cheerier even.

"W-what? Y-yes. Don't u-use me as a squeeze toy though. I s-sorta break. B-but not the amulet. You could break it and damage Demaht." Tzak put the amulet back for safe keeping, looking at Aurora carefully. She was mad. Though she looked rather disinterested and a little too airy for his tastes, she at least sort of agreed. The innuendo had gone right over Tzak's head.

Hah hah. Over his head.

Ahem.

"R-right. I'm ready to go. I'll um...follow." Aurora just made a sound of annoyance as Tzak started walking, following closely beside him as he tried to stay near Demaht as well. Things had been going so well! At first Demaht had been mad at him, and then the incident with the amulet just changed that right around. Maybe he could bury it. If she won him over, convinced him to listen to her, like he should have down a month ago, then they'd be set. She could have Tzak all for herself again, like it had been so very long ago.

Maybe even wish for a real body...an actual flesh and blood body before they let Demaht go.