Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

On a Golden Afternoon

Started by Anonymous, April 29, 2007, 04:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Okogo's head...it was killing him. And it wasn't the hangover kind of killing. This was worse than that. Much worse. And his chest! Goodness, did someone step on him?? He refrained from opening his eyes for a while. He checked every part of his body, bending his legs, wiggling his toes, twisting his neck, before opening his eyes. He looked down at his white shirt with the two top buttons open, the fabric now soiled and tattered.

He let out a hysterical laugh. Jyn wouldn't believe this! "I LIVE! Oh, thank the STARS!" He proceeded to hug himself and found himself quite silent.

Where was the jingle-jingle?

Normally there was a jingling sound to compliment his every sultry move! He yanked at where his necklaces should have been and ended up scratching his neck. He yelped and finally noticed his lack of bracelets. He went to stand and found that his stomach and back were still recovering from sailing into a tree and falling who knows how far to the ground...also, someone was holding him in place.

Falling back into Itaaski's arms, he let out a moan of pain. "Mark my words, Kishan...I will get my jewelry back!" Again, with every word he spoke, he made a different, unnecessary gesture.

Anonymous

It was lots of fun!!! XDD Looks like Okogo’s provided a reason for ‘em all to get together again, lol. XP

<font color=#7A9966>
Itaaski had carried Okogo halfway to his campsite when the human begin to rouse, and he watched as the human tested all his limbs before suddenly opening his eyes and going into another of his overly enthusiastic spiels. Itaaski snorted, amusedâ€"and then eyed Okogo like he was a lunatic. Incredulously, he asked, “You jussst got thrown acrossss a meadow by the guy, and now you want to go back and ssssteal your jewelry back?! Are you mad?!â€?  
</font>

Anonymous

Meanwhile, back in his den, Kishan added the spoils of his pilfering to the ever growing pile in the back. There was everything from coins, to hair pins, to various bits of jewelry, even to bits of colored glass.

Kishan placed the necklaces, bracelets and rings carefully in a pile before adding the bones of the rabbit to another pile that was full of bones, that he began picking through meticulously as he settled in. He shivered slightly, then frowned. There was no chill in the wind today, though.

How strange.

((OOC: And that's it for me for now, I think. I am tired and in pain and I desperately need my pain meds and a nap. I'll be back later tonight, guys!))

Anonymous

((Yay! Here that, Okogo? Your gaudy jewelry paid off!
Okogo: ...NEVER....speak to me again!))

Folding his arms and arching a hazel brown eye at Itsaaki, he asked, "No. What do you expect me to do? And it's not stealing if the items are yours." He blinked. "Wait, campsite?"

Why was he going to Itsaaki's campsite? Fear struck the ex-actor's heart and he asked quietly, "Are you going to kill me?"

He didn't know where his knife was--as if that would help against the reptilian man--but he desperately wanted it. As he, in suspenseful horror, waited for Itsaaki's response, he recoiled, looking as if he were trying to pass through Itsaaki's hands.

Anonymous

<font color=#7A9966>
Itaaski was quite relieved that Okogo seemed to be done screaming for the moment; it really did hurt his ears. And grate on his nerves. Still, he was a little sharp in his response, “I’m fairly ssssure that Kissssshan won’t think they’re yourssss anymore, and that he won’t take kindly to you trying to take them back.� Actually, he was fairly sure that if he did try this, Kishan would make being thrown across a clearing look pleasant.

He was amused, and snorted his laughter, “No, I’m not going to kill you. But,� He added hastily, wanting to keep the guy from rejoicing loudly, “pleasssse don’t sssstart yelling or anything. I’m jusssst going to take you to my campsssite to get you fixxxed up….you’ve got a lot of cutsss, and one on your head that needsss looked at.� He’d thought about pretending to be mean to keep the guy quiet, but the way Okogo was cringing into his arms like a frightened child…well, he couldn’t be that mean.
</font>

Anonymous

Before Okogo could rejoice, Itaaski interrupted, asking him not to yell. Not yelling for Okogo would be like telling the bartender to quit selling drinks. It wasn't possible--there would be no bartender if there were no drinks. Therefore, there would be no Okogo if there was no yelling.

His mind quickly switched to his head. "Cuts...?" He touched his head and winced, drawing in air through his teeth, hissing in pain. "Agh...cuts." He craned his neck and looked about, trying to see where exactly this man's camp was.

Anonymous

<font color=#7A9966>
Itaaski let out a breath of relief when Okogo didn’t yell or anything. Not only did he not like the yelling, he didn’t want Okogo to yell loudly enough to get Kishan’s attention again and make him chase them down to kill them or anything. That would be bad, because Itaaski had no plans on dieing anytime soon. Nope, no desire to die, here.

He chuckled slightly, “Don’t touch them, you’ll jusssst make them hurt more.� He paused, watching the human crane his neck and look around like he expected to see a bright purple and yellow big top pop out of the woods or something, before adding, “You won’t sssee it. We’re a waysss away from it, yet. May I asssk why you ssscreamed ssso sssuddenly, earlier?� He was curious about that. It had been pretty random, after all.

Although, it had been amusing, too.
</font>

Anonymous

Touched by his caring manner, Okogo calmly reaced up and softly patted Itaaski's head, despite the fact he was slowly recovering from a numb pain in his skull. "Thanks for your concern, good sir. Hm? My screaming?"

What screaming?

Oh, yeah. He already forgot about that. His golden brown eyes twinkled as he looked up at Itaaski, making them round and doe-like, lower lip quivering. How dramatic. "I'm lost."

Hard to believe he was six-and-twenty years old. He shifted to make himself a little more comfortable in Itaaski's hold, his eyes still wide and his lips still quivering.

Anonymous

Tishan soared through the sky high in the clouds. He knew he was a bit too large for an ordinary falcon. He noticed a strange looking figure far below in the woods. He pulled his wings close to his body as he dipped down into a thrilling dive. Time to take dive into the unkown he thought.

As he neared the clearing an earsplitting scream caused him to pull up sharply. He watched as a funny human went sailing across a clearing. A fe minutes later he was gliding silently along behind them. The human was a most curious person. He watched the human in amusement. To full of amusement he didn't realise he had just put them in the shadow.

Anonymous

Kishan sniffed the air before flicking out his tongue. What was that? A strange scent on the air... He frowned, but went back to arranging the bones in an area of his den that caught the sun so that they would bleach.

Then he settled down to take a nap.

Anonymous

<font color=#7A9966>
Itaaski stared at Okogo, a little puzzled…he’d just been petted for no apparent reason. The snake man didn’t quite know how to respond to that, actually…He paused in being freaked out to be further freaked out by the fact that Okogo seemed to be confused about what he meant by screaming, and Itaaski decided after a moment it would be best not to try and explain, because he had no doubt he’d have to explain everything that had happened. He didn’t really want to do that very much.

“Ahhâ€"well never mind then, it’sss not ssso important. Iâ€"“ He stopped when a sudden shadow crossed them, looking up to see what had caused it, and stopped short when he realized it was an enormous bird. He stared in astonishment and confusion; was it following them?

(OOC: How’re we gonna get them and Kishan back together…? And, sorry for taking so long to reply. I’ve been busy on school work, and I won’t be able to post again probably until Monday at the earliest, because I’m going out of town.)
</font>

Anonymous

((OOC: Hey, it's cool. I figure they can get back together with Kishan by tracking him down by his scent or something. and it's okay, we understand that reall life comes before rp. ...even though it hurts to admit. ;_;))

Anonymous

Tishan was furious with himself for blowing his cover. He soared off ahead of them and landed. He slowly shifted as his feathers fell of and his skelenton lengthened and he was soon a handsome young man. He felt for his two long blades which were safely sheathed. His dagger was in his belt.

He started up a tree so he could have a good warning and see them when they came by. They'd never guess it was him. He wondered what was wrong with the wierd human person who was screaming and laughing all the time. It was strange behaviour. He stopped thinking as his sharp eyes caught sight of them.

((No problemo... I can wait))

Anonymous

"Wha...?" A bird that size could eat a tiger. Anxiously, Okogo began wiggling around a little. "Itaaski...is that a friend of yours? Please say it is..."

He instinctively ducked his head as the creature flew by and kept his head that way for quite a while. "Are we dead yet?"

((...what happened?! Damn writer's block! D8<

And take your time. ^-^ Have fun out of town!))

Anonymous

Getting bored of waiting. tishan swung out of the tree landing easily on the ground. He stalked towards them keeping in the bushes for cover. He kept his blades held out ready to slash away at anything that surprised him. Occasionally climbing a tree. He was finally level with them.

Grinning to himself Tishan heard the human ask whether he was dead yet. tishan shook his head in wonder. Were they talking about him or was he wondering whether the reptile had eaten him already. Tishan silently stalked after them.

Anonymous

<font color=#7A9966>
Itaaski watched the bird keenly, tracing it with his heat sensors as it neared the earth; birds naturally have a higher heart rate and metabolic systemâ€"and more active muscular systemsâ€"than humans and other non-avian species do, resulting in a much higher temperature; thus he was able to sense its heat more clearly and at a greater distance than he would have otherwise, and he sped up to follow, carrying Okogo like the human weighed nothing. To a powerfully built creature such as Itaaski, he might as well have weighed nothing; it was no trouble to carry the human in his arms as he moved swiftly through the forest at a pace near to a human sprint, but not as fast as he could go should he choose. He was still near enough to clearly sense the avian’s body heat, shining like a beacon through the cool foliage and much smaller life forms fleeing from the both of them.

“Husssshhhh….â€? He fairly hissed it, intent and muscles tense now that he was in full alert modeâ€"there was something strange and unsettling about the way the outline of heat that represented the bird’s body was moving, and his instincts were screaming threat at him. His pace slowed and his tongue flickered in and out of his mouth rapidly over the human’s head, holding him close and moving in a half-crouch, muscles prepared to spring should they be attacked. There were residual heat signatures from the avian all over the place, and it was distractingâ€"he immediately knew where it was, though the heat had faded to a more normal signal by now.

The scent became stronger and he tensed when he saw, after a moment, a large pile of feathers shed on the ground. What in the world…? He lifted his head, looking directly at the tree where he could senseâ€"and smellâ€"the creature, whatever it may be, crouching in the foliage, and stilled, waiting to see what it would do.

Discretely his tail moved to his side and a bit in front of him, appearing relaxed but more than prepared to lift up and smash into anythingâ€"or anyoneâ€"which may deign to fling itself at him. And even though he didn’t possess the phenomenal strength that the naga from before had, Itaaski had more than enough strength to beat something a good ten to fifteen feet with his tail.
</font>

Anonymous

Looking about, Okogo couldn't see the creature anymore. "Ah? Where'd it go?" He ignored the feathers on the ground, stupidly assuming they belonged to a different creature.

He blinked and rubbed his eyes vigorously, letting out a soft "nuuuuh!" sound, a sound of annoyance. The blood from the cut in Okogo's head was running down into his eyes. It was nowhere near painful, but...Okogo didn't like things in his eyes. Not even water. (He was actually in the process of being taught how to swim underwater with his eyes open a month ago.)

He wouldn't mention it, though. Okogo figured that it wasn't too big of a deal. A cut in the head that only hurt when touched--not too big of a deal at all.

Anonymous

Tishan felt threatened and quickly extended large sharp Talons. He shifted back into a large Falcon and took to the air with a powerful thrust of his wings.

His sharp eyes immediately caught sight of the reptile and the human it was with. He decided it would be best to approach it peacefully. he slowly drew closer. He hoped he didn't look too imposing or threatening. He was still ready to rip the creatures eyes out if it tried to attack him. His silver talons glinted in the sunlight as he came to a stop hovering just out of reach.

He could see that the human creature ha a wound on his head. It looked serious. He took a risk and landed near to them in a clump of bushes. He was still ready to use his Talons and his sharp beak instantly. He watched them carefully as he shifted back into human form... he knew he would look less threatening in that form. He stepped out into the clearing. He had left his blades in there sheathes this time. He was nonetheless ready to pull them out. "I am Tishan... the young human there seems to have an injury on his head." He had no idea what to say. The reptilian seemed to be standing in a very defensive posture. That tail looked relaxed... according to Tishan you could react faster with relaxed muscles. He kept his gaurd up and waited for their reactions.

Anonymous

OOC: I am SO sorry for the delay. It's been crazy with all my AP exams and finals and graduation...but since most of that's over I'll be more consistent in replying.

<font color=#7A9966>
Itaaski was beginning to get used to Okogo’s idiocy. It wasn’t as annoying when he wasn’t running around waving his arms about and yelling like a loon. Laying (mostly) quietly in Itaaski’s arms and not moving a whole lotâ€"well, Itaaski liked him quite a bit more now than he had before. The smell of his blood wasn’t nice, but otherwise Itaaski had no complaints about the human at the momentâ€"Okogo was clean and didn’t smell bad, which was a bonus in Itaaski’s book ANY timeâ€"and once more, quiet was good, too.

Especially when Itaaski felt threatened.

“It’ssss here ssstill…�

He followed the rustling in the brush and hissed softly when the large form of the hawk took flight again, and he followed the animal with his eyes. He watched silently as it landed in a bush. Itaaski did not like not knowing what was going onâ€"he definitely felt threatened, and it showed. He only tensed further when the human-like creature (Itaaski wasn’t fooled. It was the same creature; scents don’t change so easily) stepped out of the bushes, muscles tensing and then relaxing as he slid into a slightly deeper crouch, a soft, warning hiss starting as the human-hawk-creature moved closer, the forked tongue flicking rapidly.

He was a moment in replying, and his odd accent was more pronounced, “Yessss. He doessss. It will be taken care offf….I am Itaassski. Why have you been following ussss?�
</font>

Anonymous

((Ah, it's fine! XD I've been busy myself with preparing for my graduation on Thursday. Which, by the way, I won't be here on that Thrusday or the Friday after. I'll be sleeping uber-much because we have a lock-in party after the graduation until 4:30 a.m.))

Okogo looked about. It was? It was still here?

"Let me go, good sir." Okogo quietly tried to slip out of Itaaski's hands and onto the ground--anyone could tell a threatening posture if they looked hard enough--even Okogo. He went to put a hand around one of his bracelets before sadly recalling that the other beast had stolen them.

Okogo folded his arms and arched a brow at Itaaski's question, staring Tishan right in the eye. His eyes twinkled with impending sarcasm. "Perhaps he wishes to come with us for some odd, stalker reason?" He suggested. He took a step forward, keeping his arms folded. "If you meant us no harm, then you wouldn't have changed forms so readily." Hey. He was a Garou. He could smell the eency differences on this...Tishan, too.

Okogo's demeanor could change in an instant from sociable, energetic ex-actor to cool-headed Sagarian gang member in no time. And that was about to happen if Tishan didn't answer quickly enough for Okogo.

((um...crappy? XD Sorry about that, guys.))