Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An Incredible Journey

Started by Anonymous, May 10, 2007, 09:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Almyra nervously adjusted the straps of her pack as she made her way through the crowded streets of Reajh.  Her height--or lack thereof--gave her some ease in slipping past people, but infortunately it also meant she was having a hard time seeing over their heads and determining where exactly she was going.  Not that she really had any idea anyway, this being her firsty tim ein Connlaoth, or anywhere outside the La'Marri orphanage for that matter.

She fought against the flow of traffic until she found herself outside a small tavern and inn, and letting out an exhausted sigh, she let her bag slide off her shoulders and into the ground, then brushed her dark, sweat-soaked hair out of her face as she straightened and sat down on the ground outside the building.

Well...I made it here in one piece, she thought, congratulating herself, now what?

She pulled herself back to her feet and went around back to the stables, to see if she could find an employee or the innkeeper themself and ask about work or a room for the night.

There were several horses occupying the small stable, and one poked it's nose out at her and whickered softly in greeting. She smiled and held out her hand, stroking it's nose.

"Well, it seems I've already made a friend," she said to the animal. Almyra liked animals, she always had, and luckily for her they seemed to like her as well.  She continued petting the horse as she looked around, trying to spy someone who looked like they worked here--or at least could tell her what to do or where to go.

Anonymous

Christof Glanced about the streets of Reajh, he noticed he seemed to tower a good foot and some odd inch's over alot of people standing his height of 6'5. He seemed quite calm to be in such a large crowd, but then again with him one couldn't really tell weather he was or not. Most could tell he was nomadic in nature just by the way he dressed. It wasn't nothing fancy or extrodanairy at all, simple raw hide pants and a white very loose fitting older aristocratic top, his hair a dark black short cut with broad shoulders and dark blue eyes.

At his right there stood a wolf about to his knees maybe alittle under that sure seemed to make the people part way for him pretty quick as he walked. It had been to many years to count that he had been away from his home, and he was accustomed to traveling alot now. Yet he still seemed to want to find a place to actually call his home once more. Having saw the tavern as well, he made his way towards it slowly. At first he seemed to be abit iffy about going towards the stables since not very many horses seemed to like him or his friend for that matter.

Leaning down to his wolf he pets it's head gently as he stops infront of the tavern his sensitive ears picking up on the sound from within causing him to cringe abit. Speaking softly to the wolf he seemed to not notice anyone else around at the timeWell Moralitus, Seems like we found somewhere new eh buddy?Suddenly his sense's picked up anothers presence that wasn't within the building. His curiousity getting the best of him he made his way around slowlyStay here Moralitus i will be right back we don't need to doubly spook anyone around you know

What may have been even more surprising the wolf seemed to understand and comprehend to a extent as it sat to wait. Walking around his footsteps silent like that of a predator he stepped into the view of the entrance his eyes scanning the place slowly. Hearing the horses bicker and suddenly r ear in there stall's he just kinda shook his head abit not seeing the woman at first......

Anonymous

The horse she was stroking, along with the others in the stalls, suddenly began to whinny and rear, their eyes rolling in fear.  Almyra took a few quick, frightened steps back from them, confused by their behavior.  She looked arund to see if one the stablehands was nearby, but saw only a very tall man nearby who looked a bit too clean and well-dressed to work here. Or at least, cleaner than any servant would be.

Surely they aren't afraid of him? she thought, wanting to calm the horses but afraid to go near them in their frightened state.

Anonymous

He saw the young lady as he smiled abit, the minute tho he saw the horses rear up the way they did he shook his head stepping back and away so as to not frighten them so much. When the lady spotted him he gave a slow smile towards her bowing his head slowly before glancing to the horses. He seemed to be in deep thought at the way they acted, he knew he was never to good at covering up what he was around these animals nor others, which was why he usually tried to stay away. Noticing the way she seemed to have a calming effect on them put him abit at ease but he stayed where he was for the moment.

Anonymous

The horses eventually calmed down, though they remained a bit skittish, and Almyra gave up on befriending them for the time being. She turned and gave the tall man a nervous smile, brushing her dark hair out of her eyes and brushing the dust the horses had stirred up from her clothes, which were worn and faded from the road.

"I don't know what got into them," she said blithely to the man standing several feet behind her.  "If one of these horses belongs to you, then I apologize for bothering them." She tried to sound as friendly as possible, hoping that if he did own one of the animals, he wouldn't be angry with her.

Anonymous

He noted the way they seemed to calm down when he backed away before looking to the woman. Seeing the way she had a nervouse look upon her face he raised a brow as he spoke a rich italian sounding accent swiveled past his lips " there is no need to be so timid or nervous i do not bite." Hearing her comment he chuckles before speaking " perhaps a spook who knows with horses sometimes"

Shaking his head once more he leans against the stable door as he speaks " nope i don't own any of them my pets around front by the tavern actually. Me and horses don't seem to see eye to eye go figure." as he laughed alittle.

Anonymous

Almyra relaxed upon hearing his words and walked away from the horses, offering her hand for a handshake. "I'm Myra," she introduced herself. "Do you live here in Reajh then?"

Anonymous

He watched her a moment as she moved towards him. When she extended her hand he took it within his as he shook it " No i do not actually i am a traveler through these parts"

Anonymous

Her smile brightened at these words. "What a coincidence, so am I!" She said, pointing to her small backpack. "What brings you to the city, then?" She asked amicably, strolling back toward the inn itself.

Anonymous

(hey sorry i haven't been on lately been trying to find a new place to settle in at and had no net but now i got it so i will be on more now sorry)

He chuckles as he shakes his head abit. *well well isn't that the truth there ma' am* watching her a moment he nodded his head as he shrugged abit " well just looking for a new town or something i guess to stay for abit get my head back on my shoulders straight once more. Anywhere then from where i was thats for sure.* he smiles once more as he spoke as she walked past * By the way the name is Christof, I don't think i have caught yours if i may ask?*

Anonymous

[what a coincidence, I've also recently mmoved into a new place, and my internet has been testy, but I should also be online more often now]

"Almyra," she replies with a sheepish smile, embarrassed at having forgotten to introduce herself.  She plays nervously with a strand of her hair, then wipes her brow as she takes a seat at an empty table inside the inn.

"It's so hot in the city compared to on the road," she remarks.  "But I suppose I would also rather settle down than keep wandering all over the continent for eternity."  Which, she thinks, is what she had been doing up until recently.

Anonymous

(XD didn't relize that lol but welcome back as well)

He smiles some as he spoke noticing the nervouse way she messed with her hair as he chuckles some. "well lady Almyra it is nice to meet you and finally learn your name. If it is of some more reassurance my name is christof" giving that faint smile of his that looked in on itself far off and thoughtful. Slowly he brought his hands from across his chest as he followed the young woman towards the inn.

Hearing her comment he looked about alittle with a nod of his head " yes it is alot hotter in the city then on the road, but to look for things beyond your hometown give's you great cheer to know there is more out there. Yes i know how you feel when it comes to settling down, i have been traveling for five years now to be exact." waving a waitress over he smiles to her as he speaks " would you like anything to drink?"