Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Trouble and drugs. (OPEN!! mention of Potent Pleasure...)

Started by Anonymous, June 09, 2007, 10:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Every splash of water felt like a thousand tiny, perfect mouths raining kisses on Starolf's body, and the mud beneath his feet oozed exquisitely underneath his toenails, between his toes, and swirled like satin around his ankles, and the pondscum that slid around his body was stardust and sapphires, and the minnows that darted curiously between his legs were naked mermaids, and their slimey fish-tails brushing his thighs were silvery strands of sirens' lush and sea-green hair, and the golden sheen of the sunlight sparkled wetly on his arm and set his whole torso on fire, and the frogs shone like diamonds and the water throbbed like ecstasy and the air, and the sky, and his fingers and his eyelids, and, and, and...

Incapacitated? No, not at all. Starolf was only the happiest man in the world.

The first rush faded with achingly sweet throbs and left Starolf warm, sensitive, and tingling all over, but now able to push away the distracting beauty and rhapsodic texture of the outside world and actually focus his thoughts on a target.

But what target? Starolf, always a strong swimmer, floated lazily in the water and pondered: what, out of all the things in the world, did he want most right now? It was a hard choice, but not because of the over-abundance in the world of things Starolf could want; instead, it was difficult because he was so happy now, right in this moment, that he could scarcely imagine anything that could add to his mood.

Another hit? No, the answer drifted languorously from the depths of his mind. This lazy, hazy period between the first rush and the climax of the hit was perfect. Add any other chemicals and Starolf knew that the magic of the moment would dissipate. Music? No, not that either; the leopard frogs' croaking and the very distant noise of the city were as perfect as the drug. What, then? Anything?

"Of course!" Starolf suddenly said aloud. His voice, to him, sounded like a solid, a million granules of something sweeter than sugar, pouring into his world from a great distance, and for a moment Starolf could not help giggling and saying a few nonsense words to experiment.

But he was soon back to business. Company, of course, was the only other thing he could ask for. Drugs had to be shared. A woman, or a man, or a lot of women, or a lot of men, or a lot of men and women together. That last would be best, Starolf thought dreamily. All here in the pond, all naked like innocent babies, all wet and sparkling and golden in the sun, just like that -- that -- "Yeaarrgh!" Starolf shouted, and all thought of an afternoon orgy in the water vanished as he caught sight of the huge cat watching him ominously from the bank.

He splashed out of the water, almost falling on his face but not quite, then dove for the knife that lay beside his belt -- not a nearly long enough knife, but at least he'd be able to get a scratch on the brute before he died. Despite his pounding heart and trembling hands, everything still moved in slow, exquisitely beautiful motion, and each glimmer of the water snatched his attention in spite of his brain screaming "Get out! Get out! Get out, you fool!"

"Get out!" he yelled at the beast, wavering unsteadily on his bare feet, still glancing unintentionally at the beautiful, beautiful -- Stop it! "Why are you so close to the city anyway! Why are you bothering me! Stupid, mesmerizing, colourful--argh! Plain stupid cat! Go home! Go eat someone your own--" Realizing he was the cat's size, in fact he was a fair bit larger, he amended that last sentence. "Go eat someone smaller!"

The panic came from a distance away, like his voice, and seemed to trickle very, very slowly into his head; besides, Starolf was never one for worrying anyway. The combination of drugs, cocksuredness, and sheer terror produced a shaking, yelling, red-faced man standing naked on the bank and waving a pitifully small knife at a monstrous cat that, though Starolf did not notice, did not seem to care at all.

((Is it just me, or does this have a lot of sexual symbolism? o.O Maybe it's just an English major thing...))

Anonymous

(( Yeah, it does. ::also an English major:: ))

Rys smirked, which on the cat's maw translated into bared teeth. Stupid man. She padded backwards slowly, still watching Starolf waving his little dagger about, all sputtering and naked. This was exactly the reason she didn't ingest poisons - they made you look and act like an ass. But Starolf was an amusing one, at least.

I shouldn't've done this to him while he was on drugs. That wasn't fair. But just for fun, Rys let out a small roar and turned, prancing through the bushes. Back by her log she located her pile of clothes and sat down by it, curling her large feline head into her chest. A few moments later and she was sitting in the dirt, small tremors still fleeting along her muscles as the last throes of transformation passed. The change from cat to human was always more difficult - being an animal seemed more appropriate for Rys.

Alas, she figured she should explain the random, very large cat's appearance to Starolf. She donned her clothes once more and slid both hands through her hair in an attempt to smooth it. Her eyes were still very much feline - the pupils slightly more oval than circle, the blue more of a turquoise than a slate. But that would pass in time.

As Rys made her way to the pond, she paused, a thought dawning on her. I hope he's back underwater... she wondered idly, shaking her head at the ridiculous picture he'd made earlier. For that matter, if that's the way he reacts to dangerous situations, we'll have to work on it.

With a haughty sniff, Rys continued through the foliage and eventually came upon the water. Her hands were fisted on her hips and she stood with her head cocked and chin out, watching Starolf with a scrutinizing gaze. "I believe you're clean now." Her eyebrow went up as the pun registered in her head. Not dirty anymore, anyway.

Anonymous

((How much would you want to bet that the majority of people on this site are English majors? :)))

"Aha!" Starolf shouted triumphantly. "That's right, you run, you yellow-tailed lilly-livered puss-in-boots! Get out o' here! Don't bother a man while he's bathing! Don't--argh!" The arm-waving and the insults stopped abruptly at the sound of the cat's roar, and he could only catch his breath again when the cat fully disappeared from view. He slumped to the ground, exhausted and mildly traumatised, and was momentarily enchanted by the feel of the soil between his fingers -- then he realized how downright strange the entire scenario had been. A small shiver ran down his spine, but, because of Akabu's drugs, of course, it turned into a sensual shudder that made Starolf gasp.

Feeling suddenly shy and nervous (two very unusual emotions in Starolf), he pulled up his breeches, yanked on his boots, buckled his belt, and resheathed the knife. "Need to get me a bigger one o' those," he muttered to himself, smiling wryly. Already the fear was fading, and was now being replaced by the slow waves of pleasure, which, Starolf knew from his first experience, would eventually culminate in the second rush of the drug. He had a few hours yet -- a few hours to get his bearings, find Rys, and get the hell out of this spooky predator-plagued place. Snatching up the rest of the clean clothes (he left the old ones there to rot), he stood to find her again and nearly walked right into her emerging from the foliage.

"Oh, dirty as ever," Starolf replied archly, "and one day you'll know-- Jeminy Jeeves, Rys, what am I saying, you'll never guess what the devil just pounced on me over here, big as a house I'll tell you, and that's no lie!" He grabbed her wrist much like she had done to him earlier and prepared to drag her away from the pond and the lurking cat when he suddenly registered her amused and knowing look -- and, more importantly, the electric blue cat-eyes that popped like cherries from her pale face. He stopped, still gripping her wrist tightly, and squinted at her. "Now what's this then, eh? Voodoo, is it?" His voice had dropped to a wondering murmur.

Anonymous

(( I'd totally put money on it. ))

Rys flashed her teeth in a grin, the cat not yet gone from her. "No. Genetics. I don't need magic," she rolled her shoulders and popped her neck, "which is painfully obvious."

There wasn't enough distance between them, so Rys stepped back and took stock of Starolf. "Clean. Better." Amusement flitting across her features, she pulled back her wrist and nudged him out of the foliage and into the clearing on the other side. "I've an idea on what 'pounced' on you just now, but I must say," she looked down at herself and then back up to him with half a smile, "I'd like to think I'm not as big as a house."

Every blink sent her eyes back to their steely blue, and soon they were utterly human - but peering at her human companion with the same mischief as they had when she was still feline.

"I am sorry I came upon you while you were, er," her mouth twitched, "indisposed so thoroughly. And on your silly poisons, no less." The apology was as sincere as she could make it, but little of it registered on her face which still held contained laughter. She couldn't help it - he was just as stupidly male as any other human, but in a very nonthreatening way.

She patted him on the shoulder lightly and leaned forward to sniff at him, much as she had done upon their meeting. Nope, internally, she sighed unenthusiastically, he still smells of man, but a little less poisonous and a lot less vile.

Anonymous

So she's a cat, then. Starolf had heard of shapeshifters, of werewolves and the like, but this was the first time he had ever encountered one. He wasn't that surprised, really; apart from the vague feeling that he should feel indignant (but didn't, of course, as Starolf had little dignity), the knowledge reassured him for another day that he was not, in fact, going mad, and that she really did act and look like a feline. In his drugged state, just watching the unusual fluidity of her movements gave him physical pleasure -- but so did everything else, for that matter.

"A small house, definitely!" Starolf protested. "Have you seen yourself in a mirror? Downright bloodthirsty!" The protests were half-hearted and he was grinning broadly back at her. A sly, lecherous gleam came into his eyes -- but then again, Rys was probably expecting that from him by now. "You know, instead of that apology (when we both know you knew exactly what you were doing, lady!), I'd really rather you just admit that you want me passionately, right here, right now, and that the sight of my glistening--hey, don't sniff me!" Starolf jumped back a little, disconcerted by the obvious animal behaviour coming from the otherwise quite human- and female-seeming Rys. "That's just plain uncanny! But say," and he was suddenly curious again, "what exactly do you smell?"

He brightened. "Lavender and primroses on me, right?"

Anonymous

Starolf's small outburst had Rys standing upright again. Still very much amused, she simply cocked an eyebrow at him. "You smell like a human and like your drug. It's easy to tell how much is in your system, because right now you nearly reek of it. When I found you earlier today, you simply... reeked. The drug's odor was stale and lingering at best."

We probably shouldn't do any business until the drug wears off, Rys thought, and looked over Starolf once again. Which seems like it might take a while.

Because she'd like to discourage him from seeing her as an available female, she decided to play on his new acquaintance with her cat form. "And if I ever want you for anything," the grin she flashed him was feral, "it will be because you're glistening with blood and I'm very, very hungry." It registered that his drug-addled brain might misconstrue the point she was attempting to make - but, in that case, she'd simply change for the second time that day and stay as a large cat with teeth and claws until his high wore off. There seemed to be little chance that he'd put moves on a cat which was, as he put it, as big as a house, but one could never tell. Yet another reason Rys refused to poison herself in such a manner.

Anonymous

"You just wait, Rys," Starolf said seriously. "People act all high and mighty that they isn't low enough to swallow pills, but that's just 'cause they hasn't tried it yet. Once you try it--" and a blissful smile came upon his face -- "you'll sing a whole other tune." The pulses were still coming slow and steady in his body, and the whole world looked soft and smooth like butter. Even the air looked thick and pliable; he felt that if he only tried, he could grab the atmosphere and put it in his mouth.

"It goes the same for me, too. You think you don't want me, but really?" He winked melodramatically. "Ladies can't help but love a rogue." He pulled his shirt on and soon the rest of his belongings were in order, too. His legs were shakey but Starolf barely noticed; the world was rippling with him. He was gripping his bags so tightly that his knuckles were white; he held onto them as if they were his anchor to reality. His anchor to the ground, even. He had to keep checking his feet to make sure they were still touching the earth.

"Now it seems to me," Starolf said, swaying unsteadily as he walked from the pond, "that we should get on this business of selling if we want to get anywhere. Seems to me we should--" Starolf suddenly stopped talking: the water, in the late afternoon light, had turned gold, and in response Starolf felt his own skin turn warm and golden and liquid. "I am the water," he said wonderingly, and he absent-mindedly dropped the leather bags to the ground so that he could run his hands over his body. He could feel the ripples, he could feel his skin drip like raindrops to the grass below -- but he was not afraid. "This is amazing! Rys! Do you see that! I'm a shapeshifter too! I'm--"

The sensation of a thousand glorious firecrackers bursting up from his toes to his ears knocked him right off his feet. Starolf moaned, but it was not from anything remotely close to pain. "I think -- I think I took more than I -- oh, Jeminy, but it's strong stuff, oh..."

Anonymous

Her head tilted, Rys surveyed Starolf. "They sing a different tune because they're addicted." She watched the drug ebb through his system, casting shadows that flit through his eyes with every new thought. It wasn't her concern whether he was high or not - but it would be if he did something stupid that affected her.

She smelt the next surge of the drug before she saw it's effects. Starolf went from his usual playful lechery to completely disconnected, and when he started mumbling about shape-shifting, Rys stepped forward. "Perhaps you should - are you okay?" she snagged the bags off of the ground and secured them to her belt, studying her companion as he muttered to himself.

Starolf fell to the ground, groaning, but Rys couldn't smell anything but adrenaline and endorphins from him, leading her to believe that he was not in pain. Cautiously, she approached and looked down at him with an eyebrow up, staring at his face which was filled with something like euphoria. "Took to much, eh? You don't seem to mind." She bent at the waist to snag a briar which had attached itself to the front of his shirt, and peered at him with curiousity. "Should I help you, or just wait it out?"

Anonymous

What the blazes was in these drugs? This was a thousand times more potent than the first time he had tried them, and that time he had downed three of the pills, not just the measley two. Waves of nauseous sensation rolled up and down his body as each and every fiber, grain, speck of dust or flake of skin or strand of hair pressed like individual star-fires against his skin, against his consciousness, each screaming for attention, each making him want to scream in unendurable ecstasy. Starolf's teeth chattered and it was with extreme difficulty that he managed to choke out, "Not that -- okay. Hour, maybe."

Through the dim fog of pleasure peaked so higly to be almost painful, Starolf made a profound realization: The second time is never as good as the first. His face took on a faintly green tinge.

He rolled over onto his side and retched, though he hadn't eaten recently enough for anything to emerge, and even the saliva drooling from his mouth felt agonizingly good in his drugged state.

"Damn -- that -- Akabu," Starolf said, attempting a weak smile for Rys's sake. She wavered in his sight and melted into twos and threes of her -- a kaleidoscope of icy pale cat-women. Every shade, every colour he laid his eyes on sent another pang of sensation throb through his body and Starolf squeezed his eyes shut against the dizzying hallucinations.

Right before he passed out, another thought passed vaguely through his mind, and it was one that would have made him smile wryly had he not bitten his tongue.

Oh, blast it, not again...

Anonymous

((Also! I don't know if you noticed, but there's a new thread in Reajh by Jen, who has a lovely lowlife just waiting for Starolf and Rys to pounce on him and offer their wares. Do you want to jump on that one too and say that "oh, they're at different times so it's okay" and continue the two threads simultaneously, or what? Your call, but I just figured since Jen has already posted, I'd feel bad not responding soon-ish :)

Ideas? Maybe Rys could drag the unconscious Starolf to the tavern where Jen's character is, start talking to the guy, and Starolf would wander down whenever he wakes up. Or whatevs. Happy to do whatever you think would work))

Anonymous

((I saw! Perhaps I'll do that - Rys can just drop Starolf in a room and go down and meet Jen's character. I'll make that post now.))

Anonymous

And... he's gone. Rys watched as Starolf passed out, probably because his body was far too tired to deal with itself any longer. She shook her head but was strangely impressed with the level of dignity he retained, even while unbearably high.

When a nudge from her shoe drew nothing more than a protesting sound from Starolf, Rys decided to haul him to the closest taven and let him sleep it off - besides, once his body wasn't wasting time on being concious, it'd flush the drug out faster.

Rys bent at the knees and with a surprising show of strength picked Starolf up. She had him propped upright when she thought of a way to make getting him into town far less awkward, for her at least. So she put him down - dropped him, rather, but gently enough - and pulled off his shirt. In less than ten minutes she'd fashioned what looked like a robe out of her own tunic, belt, and his shirt - complete with enough fabric to cover her head and hide her face. What was left made her look like a tall and rather lanky male. She figured other men dropped their friends at taverns when they'd imbibed a bit too much, and a woman hauling a man around was liable to raise questions.

Satisfied, she picked Starolf up again, hoisted him over her shoulder, and began to make her way back into town to find a place to dump him until he regained conciousness.

Anonymous

((Excellent! :) I guess you can go jump into Jen's thread now, and Starolf will wander down when it looks like it would be a good/fun/funny time.

Edit: Your friend Icarus has started a thread potentially for our characters, too. You probably already know that though. What's the plan?))

Anonymous

(( We could simply invite him to the bar...? Or hit him up there afterwards. Your call. I'm pretty flexible. ))

Anonymous

((I've sent him a message and it's his choice!))