Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Faster barfly! Drink! Drink!

Started by Anonymous, February 20, 2005, 04:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Aznimal smiled back at Æana, and cheered on the inside when Alison announced she was going to make the drink. She wasn't going to cut him off soon - yay!

"I only bite on request," he said soon after Æana's assurance that she wouldn't, grinning widely.

Wait a second... I only bite on request? Where the hell did that come from? It was probably being in a bar, it was normal to act differently in a bar. Perfectly fine and not out of the ordinary. It wasn't the alcohol, nope-nope, he would have given up drinking if it made him lecherous. If anything it was just a normal part of conversation, nothing to fret so much over.

Aznimal raised an eyebrow when Jamie mentioned liking wine coolers. He knew someone that liked them too... Lord, their name was on the tip of his tongue. He propped his chin on his knuckles and thought, tapping his foot and glancing up at the ceiling.

It wasn't an angel, most angels he knew weren't fond of alcohol. They'd drink it if they had to, but wouldn't have anything to do with them otherwise.

A mortal maybe? Gilda didn't take to alcohol well, and the others. He could barely remember their faces, much less what type of drink they preferred. Ugh, that was horrible. He crossed his eyes a bit and shuddered.

He took a break from thinking when Alison came back with the Bloody Mary, nodding at her and drinking a sip. Damn, this place made good Bloody Marys...

There. Goddammit, as soon as he stopped searching for that name it bounced out of its hiding place. He didn't know about bringing it up either, the bit about wine coolers evolved into Æana ordering a raspberry daquiri. Daquiris... sweet fruit goodness. It'd been awhile since he had a decent daquiri, he couldn't make them to save his life.

Anonymous

Æana quirked an eyebrow at Aznimal's comment.

Æana: What?

Jamie's eyes grew a little wide and she turned to the back counter. She pulled out a fresh pitcher for the blender and Alison grabbed a basket of raspberries and a bottle of rum. Jamie grabbed a bottle of Triple Sec. Æana watched them intently, trying not to look curious about Aznimal's comment.

Æana *thinking*: Ugh, I'd never be thinking like this normally. Can I really be this buzzed off that one beer? *out loud* Hey, don't put too much alcohol in that.

Jamie: Sure thing!

Jamie put a handful and a half of raspberries in the blender, followed by a scant shot of Triple Sec, a glassful of ice, and the minimum amount of rum she needed. She started up the blender and went back to talking to Æana. Alison, meanwhile, grabbed the bottle of rum and poured a significant amount more into the blender, before putting the bottles away nonchalantly.

Anonymous

"Eh?" Aznimal glanced at Æana after her question and perked an eyebrow. Did she just say something?

Of course you twit, she was talking to Jamie.

Ok.

Wait a second... Aznimal took a sip of the Bloody Mary. Did he just hear something inside his head?

No.

Aznimal shrugged and watched the bartenders set up the drink. He never could make a half decent daquiri, maybe he could pick some pointers by watching them. Though, he could have sworn Æana asked something... He shrugged and took another sip, eyeing the ingredients. Raspberries (obviously), a bottle of what looked like rum, and another bottle that looked like one of the ingredients in a BFD. What was it called again...

Triple Sec.

Yeah, that was it. Triple Sec, maybe that's where he went wrong, using all his Triple Sec to make BFDs. But...BFDs were so freaking good. He'd have to watch Æana's reaction after she got it.

Maybe Æana had a point when she asked them not to put too much alcohol in the drink. The alcohol would kill the fruit flavor, and that was the goal when making a daquiri.

Or, maybe not. Alison was pouring some more of the maybe-rum bottle into it. Did the rum enhance the flavor of the fruit? He'd have to try one of those suckers. Aznimal polished off the rest of his Bloody Mary and fished around his pockets for more coins. Yay, he still had money.

Aznimal plunked a few silver coins on the counter and nudged the Bloody Mary's empty glass away. "Let me get one of those too," he said grinning.

Anonymous

Jamie took the coins and and poured the daquiri into two glasses. She set them down in front of Æana and Aznimal.

Jamie: Tell me if it's good. I pride myself on my daquiris, so they had better be good.

Æana took a sip and her taste buds were simultaneously attacked by raspberries and rum. The two flavours momentarily raged a war with each other, before reaching a truce and combining their goodness. Æana blinked at the rush and swallowed slowly. The alcohol she had previously drank was starting to take its effects, and the rum was already working. She blinked again before taking another few sips. She giggled to herself.

Æana: This is good.

Anonymous

Aznimal took a sip of the daquiri after it was set in front of him and his eyes widened a bit. The taste of the rum almost seemed to overpower the drink, for a few seconds at least, then it mellowed out. God that was a good daquiri, he sighed blissfully and took a long sip.

Until he remembered that drinking the entire glass in one gulp wouldn't allow him to savor its yummy fruitness. He set the drink down, and immediately missed drinking it, so he raised it back up to his lips and took a small sip. He didn't put it back down after that sip, he didn't want too much air between himself and the daquiri.

"It's divine," he took another little sip, almost draining the glass. "Is there any way I can bribe you into sharing the recipe?" Aznimal smiled appeasingly and folded his free hand in front of him.

Anonymous

Jamie smiled. She had to admit, she felt comfortable at the moment. That was wierd, especially around a man. She was glad Alison had saved her, but she still didn't trust people, not even Alison completely.

Jamie: I don't know. Depends what you'll offer me.

Æana took a few more sips. She felt really giggly and quite social. A man approached the bar and looked around for a seat, but there weren't any unoccupied. Æana, in a bit of tipsy randomness, got up from her seat.

Æana: Hey, this one's open!

Æana then took a seat on Aznimal's lap.

Æana *to Aznimal*: Hi.

Anonymous

Aznimal took another tiny sip, so tiny that his mouth considered suing his hand for custody of the drink.

Jamie's question brought up an important point. If he was going to bribe the bartender he had to know what she wanted. Seeing that he just met her three drinks ago he had no clue whatsoever might tickle her fancy enough to make her consider letting him know the recipe. Well, there was an age-old solution to that little problem.

"What d'ya want?"

Then Æana moved into his lap. His eyebrow raised a bit, but he didn't complain. Her breath had a hint of raspberry daquiri in it, and it was pleasing his currently-daquiri-deprived brain muchly. "Comfy?" he asked, grinning. Oh yes, his breath kind of smelled like a daquiri too.

Anonymous

Æana giggled some more.

Æana: Hey, your breath smells good.

She leaned over to his face and smiled broadly. She sipped her daquiri, but she did so sloppily, with a few drops travelling in runnels down her chin, and landing on her chest.

Æana: Oops. Heh, I think I might be drinking a little much.

Jamie raised an eyebrow.

Jamie: There shouldn't be much alcohol in that.

Alison: Oh, my hand slipped when I was pouring the rum. It tasted alright to me, though, so I just let it be.

Jamie: Oh. Well, I wouldn't drink more than that glass Æana.

Alison: Oh, she can drink whatever she wants.

Anonymous

"Nothing's better for the breath than a good drink," Aznimal took another sip. The daquiri itself was a diamond to his breath's crystal quartz. But, when wanting a clear gem a quartz would do if nothing else was available.

That was an interesting analogy... he'd have to write that one down when he got home. He was sure someone up in Province would see the... charm in it.

Aznimal tilted his head to the side and frowned a little when Æana spilled some of her drink. The reddish color looked good with her hair and skin, but it was daquiri goodness! It needed to be safely tucked away in someone's stomach, not splashed across them, and it surely didn't deserve to be wiped away!

"Let me get that for you," he tilted his head some and lapped up the droplets on her chin. His tongue quick and light against her skin.

Anonymous

Æana giggled. She bit his lip playfully as he pulled away.

Æana: Hey, you missed some.

She pointed to the daquiri on her chest. Jamie's eyes widened and she pulled Alison off to the side.

Jamie *whispering*: This is getting out of hand, Alison. You and I both see where this is leading. She's a teenager!

Alison: She ordered the drinks, and it's her own fault for coming into a bar in the first place. Not everyone is as puritanical as you are.

Jamie: I'm not puritanical, it's just, she's like fifteen!

Alison: I was sixteen when I came to the Dark Mage Village and met Raziel.

Jamie: She's not you.

Alison: I was exactly like that when I came here. Young and innocent. What better place to face reality than here?

Jamie: Whatever. I'm gonna go wait tables.

Jamie left to go to the tables.

Anonymous

Aznimal didn't need to be asked twice. The daquiri was not to be wasted and if it was left there it would get sticky.

And the daquiri couldn't be wasted. It would be a sin, at least it should be a sin. Waste not, want not. Wait a sec, that didn't make sense. The waste part was good though. Waste not the daquiri.

Aznimal was just as quick lapping up the beads of daquiri-goodness on her chest as he was on her chin. One bead, however, was a dastard and started rolling away while he was licking up another, leaving a trail behind it.

Waste not the daquiri.

Aznimal chased the errant drop, sucking it up once he caught it.

Anonymous

Æana giggled profusely. Wait... profusely is too a big a word to be used when drunk. She giggled a lot. Yeah that's better.

Æana: That tickles!

She grabbed a straw and dipped it in the daquiri, capping the end off with her fingertip.

Æana: Want some more?

She giggled again before she brought the straw over her chest and let more daquiri drip down.

Alison noticed a few people watching Æana and Aznimal. She leaned over to whisper to Aznimal. She beckoned at a back door to the inn.

Alison: If you're gonna do many more body shots, there's an inn through that door. Get a goddamn room.

Anonymous

Tickles? Aznimal glanced up at Æana, giving her a dull look.

At least until it registered that some people were indeed ticklish, some to a point where simply breathing on them would send them into fits of laughter. But, he hadn't just breathed on her. He was just getting that daquiri off her so it wouldn't be wasted on a cloth.

And she was just sitting on his lap so the other gentleman could have a place to sit.

Aznimal downed the rest of his daquiri in one gulp, his mouth rejoicing for all of a quarter second before it realized that the drink was no more. Then it wanted to pout, but Aznimal wouldn't let it. Damn spoiled mouth.

In the end Æana took care of his mouth's desire to pout. The offering of more daquiri made it a little upset that it didn't have any control over his leg. In fact the bastard thing almost spoke for him. It grinned-

And was cut off by Alison. He looked in the direction she was beckoning, over to her, then in the opposite direction, trying to scope out just who was finding them so entertaining. Goddamn voyeurs.

The look on Aznimal's face when he looked towards the supposed peepers could best be described as subtle doom. Of the crossed eyebrows, slightly narrowed eyes, mouth equals line 'just wait until your father gets home' doom. He looked from one end of the bar to the other and then back at Alison (dropping the doom face, and getting a good look at Æana's daquiri covered goodness in the process).

"Could I get a bottle of that daquiri?"

Anonymous

Alison smiled and beckoned Jamie over again.

Jamie *whispering*: What?

Alison: Make another batch of raspberry daquiri.

Jamie: Why, so she can get more drunk?

Alison: Look, if it makes you feel better, I'll check up on her at the inn tomorrow morning. The man ordered a drink; give it to him.

Jamie looked at Alison icily, but knew that she couldn't do anything, and Alison had nothing but good points about the situation. She made the drink quickly, not putting much rum in it, but knowing it would taste the same. She poured it all in a bottle and set it in front of Aznimal.

Æana: Bottle? Are we going somewhere?

Æana looked up at Aznimal cutely, and uncharacteristically stupidly.

Anonymous

"Yeah," Aznimal fished around in his pocket for coins to pay for the bottle of daquiri. "We're distracting people so much that they can't focus on their own drinks. We need to go find a room so they can -hic-" Aznimal scowled, damn, he must have drunk that last bit of daquiri too fast. "Keep drinking and fatten Alison's purse."

After two trips to his pocket Aznimal managed to fish up enough gold to pay for the daquiri. He stacked the gold neatly on the counter and rested a hand over the top of the wine bottle.

Then a completely random, completely logical thought bubbled up from the sea of alcohol surrounding his brain. "You need a room at an inn don't you?" He asked Æana.

Anonymous

Æana: Yeah, ya get rooms at inns.

Alison took the money up and smirked at Aznimal. OKay, maybe she realley didn't care what happened to Æana. Alison had already learned to look out for herself first. She might bring Æana to Raziel, though. He might like her. Alison took away all the empty mugs and glasses.

Alison: Have fun you two.

Æana: *giggle* Whatcha mean?

Alison: Nothing.

Anonymous

Aznimal's eyes widened a bit after Æana's enlightening comment about getting rooms at an inn.

Which, although it stated in big bright letters that it was to be taken orally Aznimal took for a suppository. At least until one of the remaining sober moderators in his brain gave the comprehension cell a good throttling before succombing to the invading alcohol molecules. He blinked and shook his head a little, wondering what he was just thinking of. It was something horrifing by the afterglow. Maybe it was good that he forgot it.

Now to get to that inn!

There was a little problem though...

Æana was sitting in his lap, he couldn't move anywhere with her on his lap. Unless of course, he wanted her to tumble off his lap and go splat on the floor, which would have been rude. It was an easily solved problem though.

"Hold thish," Aznimal set the bottle of daquiri on Æana's chest, slid a hand under her legs, put his other arm around her back and stood up. His legs promptly buckled and he fell back in his seat, almost tipping it over backwards. "Let's try thish again." Trying again resulted in a remarkably similar manner. Aznimal scowled, spaced his feet out a little and stood up again.

One of the bar's patrons began having a coughing fit due to an alcoholic substance going down his windpipe. That'll teach the smartass bastard...

Convinced now that he wasn't going to fall Aznimal grinned at Æana, and started to put her down when his knees wobbled. He stopped that action, convinced that somehow she was acting as a balance. Aznimal grinned a little wider and left the bar, going through the door Alison pointed out and heading for the inn.

Anonymous

Æana 'eep'ed when the bottle was placed on her chest.

Æana: Aah! Cold!

She grabbed the bottle and held it in her hand, which was substantially less uncomfortable. She giggled as Aznimal attempted to picked her up, and clapped for him when he actually managed it.

Æana: I have no problem with you carrying me, but I can walk if you need me to.

Anonymous

"You're fine." And I'll probably fall back on my ass if I put you down.

And all was indeed fine until Aznimal came to the door of the Inn. Both of his hands were occupied and the door, sensing his inability to open it began to taunt him mercilessly.

I am DOOR, conquerer of YOU. Bow before me little peon, you know you'll never be good enough to open me without dropping the girl and spilling the booze you alcoholic. Who's your daddy you little bitch? Eh? Let's hear it? No! Spell it for meh! D-O-O-Dammit!! Waaaaaaaaagghhh!!

The door was whining because someone chose that moment to open it and walk out. That person happened to have a half decent character, or at the very least he sympathized with Aznimal's dilemma. Whatever the reason, he held the door open for them and the door cried like a two year old.

Aznimal walked rather quickly through the door and up to the reception desk, where the clerk was slumped, a glazed half dead look in her eyes. Aznimal stared, wondering if the woman was alive...

Anonymous

Æana was quiet as they headed to the door. A random person held the door open for them.

Æana *slurred*: Tha~ank youuuuu!

She giggled at the slurring of her voice. Aznimal carried her over to the reception desk where a dead-looking lady was.

Æana: Hi lady! C'n we get a rooooom?

Æana giggled at nothing in particular.