Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

X Save me from my nightmare X

Started by Anonymous, August 11, 2007, 04:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It was almost a normal sight in Ketra a private slave auction in the middle of the day. However most slave auctions had a dozen or more slaves for sale, this one particular had only one a tall , slender boy aorund the age of 16 seated in a cage that was purposely too small with a bored look on his face. the boy had brown hair and dark blue eyes that were closed in faked slumber. "I KNOW YOU'RE NOT ASLEEP BOY YOU WOULD PROABLY ATTRACT MORE BUYERS IF YOU WOULD MOVE ONCE IN A WHILE" the auctioneer shouted furious that he was tricked into selling a slave that wouldn't do anything except sit there . Most of the slaves he sold would do anything to get bought like juggle, dance or do magic tricks never just lay there!. One of the midnight blue obs opened "You sure you're not scarin' away people with your yelling old man? besides I thought you didn't want me to move that's why you put me in this puny cage ,So you won't escape boy! weren't those your exact words?" [/color]
"YOU BE QUIET BOY !! MIND YOU ARE A SLAVE AND DON"T HAVE THE RIGHT TO SPEAK LIKE THAT I'll BE LUCKY IF I EVEN GET 500 HUNDRED FOR YOU!!" the pudgy auctioneer yelled again

"Jeez what do you want me to do be quiet or attract attention make up your mind you stupid old coot" the teenage answered calmly he could care less either way but it was so much fun getting the old man so mad he turned red.

" I see I'm going to have to teach you a lesson" the auctioneer smiled evily taking a device out of his pocket " So glad your former owners gave this to me" he grinned wider and pressed the button.

Hotaru doubled over in pain as electricity surged from his collar to body, an involuntary yelp escaped him before he could stop it. The world was becoming blurry as he slumped against the side of the cage .
half conscious.

Anonymous

Dalisme yawned in boredom as she passed through Ketra. It was the middle of the day so the town was full of people bustling about getting on with their daily business. Dalisme had been travelling for days and though she was used to the travelling she found it boring and couldn’t wait to get to Ketra, thinking it would be more interesting. She had been wrong.
     As she continued walking she noticed a cage out the corner of her eye.
     â€œMust be a slave auction,â€? Dalisme thought without giving it a second glance.
     â€œI KNOW YOU'RE NOT ASLEEP BOY YOU WOULD PROABLY ATTRACT MORE BUYERS IF YOU WOULD MOVE ONCE IN A WHILE!â€?
     Dalisme stopped when she heard the auctioneer shouting at its captive. She glanced across and saw a boy about her age sat in the cage which was much too small for him. What was unusual about this slave was unlike most who would do anything to be sold he was just sat against the edge of the cage pretending to be asleep.
     The boy opened one eye, “You sure you're not scarin' away people with your yelling old man? besides I thought you didn't want me to move that's why you put me in this puny cage ,’So you won't escape boy!’ weren't those your exact words?â€?
     â€œYOU BE QUIET BOY!! MIND YOU ARE A SLAVE AND DON"T HAVE THE RIGHT TO SPEAK LIKE THAT I'll BE LUCKY IF I EVEN GET 500 HUNDRED FOR YOU!!â€?  the auctioneer yelled.
     â€œJeez what do you want me to do, be quiet or attract attention, make up your mind you stupid old coot.â€?
     Dalisme couldn’t help but chuckle at the boy’s audacity as the auctioneer started to turn red.
     â€œI see I'm going to have to teach you a lesson" the auctioneer replied, smiling evilly.
     â€œThat doesn’t look good…â€? Dalisme muttered.
     The auctioneer pulled a device out of his pocket, “So glad your former owners gave this to me.â€?
     He pressed the button, causing the boy to contort in pain before slumping against the side of the cage.
     Dalisme wasn’t the nicest of people but if there was one thing she hated it was bullies like the auctioneer. She ran across to the cage stopping just behind the auctioneer. She couldn’t tell if the boy knew she was there, he seemed to be drifting in an out of consciousness.
     â€œHey!â€?
     The auctioneer turned round and faced Dalisme, obviously not amused at her interruption. She lifted her right hand up and created a ball of sparks in her palm.    
     â€œHow would you like me to electrocute you?â€? she said, smiling sweetly.

Anonymous

The pudgy old man stared at the girl, " WHAT DO YOu want Girl!!" then his beady eyes widened as sparks appeared in her palm. " Whoah there child why would you want to electrecute me.." the man began to laugh " don't tell me you're defending that boy there he's just a slave a slave who needs to be taught a lesson!" he laughed again and kicked the prone form.

Hotaru could hear voices one was the auctioneer the other was a feminine voice he didn't regonize. He struggled to open his eyes but they were too heavy and his body hurt. Just then he felt a swift kick to his stomach which made him cough. Moaning he tried once again to open his eyes this time he suceeded but could only make out blurry shapes.

Anonymous

“Why not?� Dalisme asked as she watched with annoyance as the man kicked the unfortunate boy, “You felt you needed to attack a captive who is no threat to you whatsoever whilst he’s in a cage.�
     Dalisme then began bouncing the ball of sparks in her hand, “I though you ought to have a real threat.â€?
     Dalisme then threw the sparks at the auctioneer, missing him by millimetres.
     She smiled at the look of terror on his face, “Next time I won’t miss.â€?

Anonymous

The auctioneer yelped as the sparks missed him he jumped off the platform and began running concerened with saving his own life. "You'll pay for this girl!!" he shouted back.

The teenager was confused he couldn't think straight was this a dream or reality he didn't know. He hoped it was the 2nd one he was tired of this cage , this collar . But most of all he was tired a black line flittered across his vision as the world became white again then black.

Anonymous

“Yeah, keep telling yourself that,� Dalisme chuckled.
     She then turned her attention to the boy in the cage, he didn’t look so good.
She knelt down and stuck her hand through the bars to shake the boy but he didn’t move.
Dalisme stood up again and focused a fire spell at the lock. It hit the target causing the cage door to blast open. She then pulled the boy out and just in case he had come around shook him again. He still didn’t move.
“I knew I shouldn’t have told my master healing spells were a waste of time,� Dalisme muttered, angry at herself.
Sighing, she then pulled a pendant out from under her robes. It was shaped like a small carved flute. She blew it, returned it to underneath her robes and waited.
A couple of minutes later a very travel worn looking grey mare appeared.
“Took you long enough Fara,� Dalisme said irritable as she stood up to meet her horse.
Fara grunted in annoyance before allowing her master to guide her to the boy.
“We’re both going to get if we stay here,� Dalisme sighed, “Well at least I’ll have done my good deed for the year.�
Dalisme, with some difficulty managed to get the boy onto Fara’s back before climbing up herself. It was then she saw the auctioneer returning, and he wasn’t alone.

Anonymous

The auctioneer returned with a group of men from the tavern. " There she is that's the girl who was strying to steal my slave. The men who had pitchforks , guns and swords charged at her, the ones with guns started shooting rapidly. The overweight man turned towards the girl " I told you would pay" he sneered.

Anonymous

Dalisme grunted in pain and annoyance as a bullet grazed past her left arm. She turned Fara sharply and ran as fast as the grey mare could handle away from the men. Their speed was no match for a horse but they were persistent and still ran after her and shot at her.
     Another bullet hit her arm as she was forced to shield the boy from the bullets as well but still ran. When she looked up however she head neighing and shouting behind her. She looked behind and saw they had gotten clever and were now also pursuing her on horseback and their horses only had one passenger and no injured riders.
     â€œFara, keep running, I’ll try and get rid of them,â€? Dalisme said to her steed as she shifted her position so she could see behind her.
     Pursuing them were three riders on stallions which were noticeably faster than Fara and were gaining fast. Though it was difficult to aim, Dalisme managed to shoot a fireball at one, knocking him off his horse and causing him to go careering into another horse tripping it. The third was still chasing her though and she realised who was riding this one, the auctioneer.

Anonymous

" Time to pay up magic user!" the man shouted kicking his horse to go faster, until he was right next to her " Now I don't want to kill you I would hate to hurt such a pretty girl, just give the boy and you can live" he said ramming his horse into hers.

Anonymous

Dalisme tightened her grip on the boy despite her throbbing arm and tried to pull Fara away but the auctioneer kept ramming into Fara. The mare was determined and kept running but still the auctioneer kept ramming into her.
     Dalisme, noticing her horse’s distress unleashed a fire spell at the auctioneer trying to knock him off his horse. However he used Dalisme’s brief diversion of attention and pushed her, she tried to grab the reigns and hang on but her hands were slick with blood from hr arm and she fell to the ground with a dull thud. However she had had the presence of mind to make sure she took most of the impact and not the boy.
She lifted her head up and saw that the auctioneer had now gotten off his horse and was walking towards her. She tried to get to her feet but only managed to make it to her knees so settled for glaring at the auctioneer defiantly.

Anonymous

The auctioneer reached the girl and grabbed her by the hair. " Thought you'd get away eh? I may be old but I'm not that stupid I getting my money whether it's from that boy or you!"

Consciousness slowly came back to him as he opened his eyes he realized he was on the back of a horse "What the hell!" he yelled and fell on his back on the ground "Ouch" he said rubbing the back of his head. He then saw the auctioneer grabbing a girl who looked about his age by the hair. "Get the hell away from her bastard" he screamed running toward and tackling the man off the girl.

Anonymous

Jonah strode into the town of Ketra, looking for a place to stay the night. After nearly two weeks of spilling the blood of evil for money, he decided to take a well-deserved break. After all, out of the twenty criminals he killed, only two or three gave Jonah a real challenge; the rest were just pathetic. He found those fights very boring. He wanted a real challenge.

Jonah sighed in annoyance and rubbed his goatee; being a mercenary gets boring if no one puts up a real fight for their life.

Jonah continued to walk down the street, an imposing figure to those who lay eyes on him. Sure, anyone could look scary with a giant scythe and a large greatsword strapped to their back cross-style, but the cold, hard expression in his almost black eyes set him apart from the rest. But that didn't mean he was always scary and cold at heart; he could be calm and collected, given the right situation.

Jonah then heard a commotion. From what he heard, it seemed to be a slave trader...a scum of the earth in his eyes. Apparently, a young woman was defending the trader's human merchandise, but the minor scuffle became a major deal as she was being chased by the trader's lackeys. Jonah snorted; normally, he would only kill if he was on a job, but he hated scum who benifit off of enslaving people. And chasing a woman because she was making off with his "slave"...that just ticked him off.

He ducked behind the alleyways and followed them like a shadow. Thanks to his demon blood, he was able to keep pace with them. Soon, they stopped, and so did he. He then saw the scuffle beginning as the slave tackled the trader. Normally, he wouldn't care about something like a fight between other people, but this was different since there was a slave-trading maggot involved.

With his hand gripped onto his scythe, he appeared out of the alleyway and behind the two of them, his very presence chilling the air around him, his customary cold stare never changing. "Well, well, what have we here?" he said in a very dark tone, his grip on his scythe tightening.

Anonymous

[OOC I am the only one who's noticed that this thread is in Reajh and not Ketra now? O.O]

Dalisme was shocked when the slave tackled the auctioneer, impressed that he had actually had the energy to do that. However she didn’t like being saved, especially by someone weaker than herself.

As she was about to try to get to her feet again she noticed someone walk out of the shadows.

“Well, well, what do we have here?�
The voice came from a very intimidating man. He was carrying a scythe and sword which the auctioneer had obviously noticed too and was beginning to go very pale. The boy however looked as defiant as ever.

Leaning on Fara, who had appeared by her side, for support, Dalisme pulled herself to her feet. She didn’t know who the new comer was after but she was going to make sure he wasn’t going to get his hands on the boy after she had gone through so much trouble to attempt to free him and though she hated to admit it, he had defended her.

As fast as her body would allow she moved across to the boy and pulled him away from the auctioneer by his wrist. The scythe wielding man seemed amused by the gesture but didn’t try to stop her.