Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Who wants to flip a coin?!

Started by Anonymous, August 24, 2007, 02:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Just kidding. I had to think of something to do with luck. Anyways, I've got a character named Palzerus De Netari, and he's a Wraith of sorts. He's looking for some fun and adventure basically. He's got a curse on him that pretty much makes an Aura of luck surround him at all times. He's able to focus it onto people, but mostly it's just random good or bad luck, but all of it has a twist. You might fall, but you might find yourself in front of a gold coin or something like that. It's just a bunch of silly, but he wants some time in the light.

He's fun loving and aloof, doesn't care for much, and can switch between human and Wraith form! So there's always fun to be had with him around!

So, anyone want to do anything?

Anonymous

Aah! Actually, I'm sort of interested-?

I've a new character (...couldn't resist, I fail) who's a doctor situated in Connlaoth. His full profile's not up yet and I'll get it done by- um, some time or the other when school isn't kicking my ass.

Mm, but character wise, well. Kleos is incredibly confident in his own skills as a doctor, so much so that it's often translated over into him seeming incredibly proud. It's not so much pride as it is knowledge that he's really never faced much of a challenge in his work. If he knows he's the best, why hide it?

He'd probably be interested in Palzerus just because it's something he's never seen before, but as soon as he thinks he has him figured out, any interest he might have in him will just- well, disappear. But somehow, I have a feeling that it's going to be quite tricky to actually figure that Wraith out, so...

That, and it might be interesting to see how the 'curse of luck' affects a doctor who's never particularly believed in curses. Or magic, for that matter.

Anonymous

We'll have to do it in a place outside of Reajh and what not then! Somewhere where magic isn't expressly forbidden, since as a Wraith he practically bleeeeds magic from every pore so to speak. That and Pal is never really careful when it comes to his heritage and his powers >_>

Ahem!

Anonymous

Actually, that works- I wasn't really planning on situating Kleos in Reajh, he's not a very 'people' person, and he'd much rather make himself harder to find so that he only sees people who are actually truly in need of some serious doctoring rather than have every Tom, Dick or Harry with a sore throat walk into his practice. I've a suspicion that the military probably calls on him once ever so often to join them as a medic but he's declined on the reasons of it being too routine.

As to where exactly he'd be, though, I'm not too sure. If he'd been in Reajh, he'd have been in one of the most outlying districts- outside of Reajh, the same probably applies. Wherever he'd be would be someplace that, while not totally inaccessible, certainly requires some effort to get to.

Anonymous

We'll just say they're in Sirantil valley in one of the outlying towns there. Just one of those places that is like 200 people or so, y'know, everyone knows everybody and it's all friendly like and what not. I think that works for meeeee! Mwahahaha! It also works for Pal.

Question though: Is Doc gonna wanna poke and prod him with instruments? Cause he's ticklish. xDD

Anonymous

That works pretty well with me, too! <3 Ah... small places would probably suit him pretty well. So if it works for you, then I'm glad.

Regarding the poking issue? Probably not with instruments- after all, there's only so much instruments can do. But hopefully Pal doesn't mind a very fascinated doctor just staring at him or requesting him to go from wraith form to human form and back again and again out of sheer curiosity.

The problem with Kleos is that he's not-surprisingly childish at times- it's the same with his pride. In a sense he's not mature at all, even though he may give the impression that he is... ah, well.

I'll also be getting his profile up later tonight.

Anonymous

It does! Now it's just a question of who starts the post! I could if you really want me to, but I've been known to be incredibly lazy on that issue soooo. It's all up to you! I can start up something in the valley if you want, or if you have more of an idea then you can go ahead and start it.

Probably best for something nightish. In a land of Magic haters, the Imbued Magical Skeleton is not a king but a very fiendish criminal.

Anonymous

Uhhm, could you? I'd love to but currently school is- well, not good, considering that promotional examinations are around the corner. Usually I can write replies pretty quickly if I've something to begin with, but starting from scratch generally takes me much, much longer. Ah, I've got Kleos' profile up as well, which would probably be some help in plotting, if it's necessary?

Nightish works well by me! x) And Imbued Magical Skeletons are win, regardless of how they seem.

Anonymous

This feels like a giant conspiracy to be unlazy. Alright! I shall write something up and post it soon enough! I give that promise I do!

Anonymous

Ah, thank you! <3

Um, would it be alright to ask if you could PM me if you post something up? Otherwise I tend to be a bit oblivious to things like that... Er, once it's up, though, I'm usually pretty fast at replying.

Anonymous

Forgive me for my butting in, but I would like to point a very handy feature that is the "Notify me when a reply is posted". Just check the little box below your posting box that you can check. :)

Very useful, I have to do it every time I am in a thread for I, too, forget things easily.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ness"Forgive me for my butting in, but I would like to point a very handy feature that is the "Notify me when a reply is posted". Just check the little box below your posting box that you can check. :)

Very useful, I have to do it every time I am in a thread for I, too, forget things easily.

Ness, while that is handy, it does not notify you of any new threads that are made, just new posts made in a thread.

Stormy, I will most certainly PM you when I get something up. I promises that to you.

Anonymous

Oi, my bad! I thought s/he was talking about a reply.

That's what not sleeping does to your brain, ha ha. :D;