Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Two Brothers (open to anyone

Started by Anonymous, August 28, 2007, 07:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Two figures walked into the bustling and crowded city of Reajh the shorter of the figures walking more slower than the  other. “Hey Jazz you feelin’ okay you’ve been acting weird ever since we left the other townâ€? Keegan asked concerned for his sibling. The younger of the brothers lifted his head his golden eyes locking with his brothers storm grey ones “I’m fine Keegan and for the last time It’s Jasperâ€? the 17yr old said he hated it when his solder sibling called him “Jazzâ€? ever since they were children , the truth was he wasn’t feeling well maybe it’s because he made the idiotic mistake of  traveling in the rain without a cloak on . They walked along the sides of the street to avoid getting run over by the crowds . “Hey Jazz I think I see a tavern up ahead lets go maybe they’ll have cute girls!â€? the brown haired young man shouted anxiously grabbing his brothers wrist and pulling him along. Jasper groaned inwardly his head was already pounding furiously the last he needed was to be in a crowed tavern with loud drunken men. As Keegan opened the door the intense smell of alcohol nearly made the younger vomit normally he could handle the smell of alcohol he didn’t know why it made him suddenly nauseas “What in the seven hells is wrong with me?â€? Keegan went over to the owner to order leaving the raven haired teen alone in the booth they had gotten . A tall man of 45 came staggering up to their booth the man was plainly drunk by the way he was stumbling “hey cutie what’s a cute girl like you doing in a place like this?â€? Jasper’s back went rigid his topaz eyes narrowed into slits he stood up and punched the man in his gut who stumbled backwards into a table and landed on his back out cold. Keegan came back with his drink and noticed the knocked out drunkard and laughed “He thought you were a girl didn’t he Jazz? Ya know if you cut your hair people wouldn’t think that “ “Shut up Keegan it’s none of your business!â€? the half-demon snapped “Jeez someone’s in a bad moodâ€? . Half-and hour later they left Keegan surprisingly had only one beer “ What a ripoff one cute girlâ€? the 21 yr old complained he looked over his shoulder at his brother the kid looked really pale “Jazz are you sure your okay you’re awfully paleâ€? Keegan stopped walking he was starting to grow worried about the younger . Jasper not realizing his brother had stopped crashed into to him which sent a jolt of pain though his sore body .  He unable to suppress a moan which immediately caught his brother’s attention as he felt a cool hand on his forehead “holy shit Jazz your burning up!â€? Keegan exclaimed but he sounded far away to Jasper as if he was hearing him under water he closed his willing the oncoming dizziness to go away but it made it worse when he reopened his eyes every thing was spinning he somehow found himself lying in his brother’s arms, weird he didn’t remember collapsing   it hurt to think hell it hurt to even blink. He finally gave up his senses to the painless void of unconsciousness. “Jazz Jazz Jasper! Come on Jazz wake up!â€? Keegan frantically shook the prone figure he needed to find a healer something was defiantly not right with his little brother. “Don’t die on me Jazzâ€? Keegan said as he called for help

Anonymous

Emora walked through Reajh, trying to be as casual as possible. Being a magic user in Connlaoth was not a good thing. However she couldn’t help getting the feeling that her sister Dalisme was there, in this country. Dalisme was a magic user too but was far more reckless than her older twin Emora. And Dalisme would have no qualms about causing trouble either.

Emora glanced around the streets of Reajh. The city had been bustling not so long ago but as it got darker the streets were beginning to empty. The sound from the tavern could be heard a little while off, obviously filling with people who had finished their work for the day and as Emora neared it the noise got louder. Taverns were always a good source of information but they were also notorious for being full of drunken men who would always flirt with her. It wasn’t like she was that attractive, she had red hair, was quite short and small and had crimson eyes but despite that was fairly plain.

Whilst she had been in Connlaoth Emora had to be very careful, her magic had a habit of activating itself when she was nervous and since she had been in the magic fearing country she had been terrified.

She turned into the street that the tavern was on and saw a couple of men ahead of her. One was talking to the other but Emora couldn’t make out what he was saying. The taller one stopped suddenly causing the other to walk into him then after a few seconds the smaller one collapsed.

“Jazz, Jazz! Jasper!� the man shouted to his fallen companion, “Come on Jazz wake up!�

Emora didn’t even need to think, she ran up down the street towards the two men. She could use healing magic and it was her sworn duty to help someone in need.

As soon as she reached the two men she knelt down next to the unconscious man, noticing he was very pale and placed a hand on his forehead. He was warm, very warm.

“Fevered…� Emora muttered.

Anonymous

Keegan stared at the magic user he knew little of magic his brother could a trifle of it but he was no mage. He followed her hand with storm hued eyes as she laid it on top of his brother's forehead and muttered what he already knew. "Can you help my brother?" the brown haired young man asked he prayed that she could. Jazz tended to get sick sometimes but he was never so ill that he collapsed from fever.

Anonymous

“I think so.�

Emora held her hand over the man’s face and concentrated her magic. A pale glow surrounded the boy, lingering for a moment before it faded. She then placed her hand on the man’s forehead and was relieved to find it now cool.

“His fever’s gone, he just needs rest now,� Emora informed the other man.

Emora hoped there were now Mordecai around, this was Connloath after all. She couldn’t just leave the man though; it was her duty to help.

Anonymous

Keegan sighed in relief  rising to his feet  with his younger brother's sleeping form cradled gently in his arms he then turned to the girl "Thank so much" he didn't know what he would have done if he lost Jasper the 17yr was the only family he had left and he didn't think he could go on living if something happened to his baby brother.

Anonymous

“You welcome,� Emora said smiling.

Her task now done she could get back to other things, like worrying whether she would be caught by Mordecai, using magic in Connlaoth’s capital city was not a very clever thing to do.

“Well, I’d better get going,� Emora said to the man, “As I’m a magic user it’s not a good idea for me to stay in the same place for too long in this country.�

And with that turned and hurried down the street.