Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stone cold ways and fiery tempers (Rhi rhi banana phone!)

Started by Anonymous, August 29, 2007, 12:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Yeah. Now you get it. Could have had something beautiful too." His voice was full of mirth though, as he was highly amused by her antics at this point. It was really quite cute to see her blush like that, and for that matter she seemed to be...well, he wasn't sure but she seemed quite content to stay lost in her thoughts, and Nexus was going to just go back to doing whatever it was that he had been doing before. It might have been watching Tzak and Demaht, but it was also watching Niamh's glass. He was watching it just in case...feeling like if he took his eye off it for even a second it might explode.

Maybe not literally but still...Nexus was no stranger to slipping drugs and stronger alcoholic beverages into people's drinks. In fact that was one of his main tactics for loosening up tongues and belt buckles.

That was in the past though.

Nexus hadn't actually meant it was magic though. It was more of a monk training he had been taught by Sage, a sort of...consultant for Feris. He had been a good teacher, many valuable tricks and such taught by that strange monk. Ahem. "What what?" Nexus just looked back at her, like he had said nothing wrong at all. She was thinking innocent and obvious, but he really he wanted her to think dirty instead. Very dirty actually. "Well, I suppose it went to a part of the rest of my body..." Now he wasn't even TRYING to make sense, he was just trying to confuse and get her to admit to thinking dirty. Still hadn't worked though, and that was less than amusing for him. Damn it all.

Nexus chuckled as he bucked his knee a few more times. It looked great to see her trying to hold onto deal life. Of course, then she started wiggling and he just grinned. "Well Niamh, I never would have thought you would be into that. Wiggle a little more, you seem to have a good grind going with your hips." He roared with laughter though as she tried to move onto a new subject and he just grinned innocently at her. "Oh my yes, how could I, Nexus Savaros, ever think anything different?"

Damn. Even saying that made his tongue feel weird.

Tzak wasn't sure how it all felt. Well. Not true. He knew it felt good but at the same time he was trying to fight it, yet the fog was getting thicker and every time he tried to think it just took over his mind. Still. He didn't really mind...and...Demaht seemed pretty pleased...so...things were okay. Demaht was happy...he was happy, they were all happy. Even Tacky Hat and Pale Girl seemed to be happy...Wait. They had names. Um. Naxer and Never. No. That wasn't it...he'd remember eventually, couldn't have been that important to remember their names.

Things had just felt too good to go into statue mode...and plus she had told him to relax, so he did. Had he not been under the influence of alcohol, he would have locked up like a rusty waggon wheel.

Tzak just continued to take small sips of the ale, though his blurry eyes were watching Demaht carefully. She seemd overly happy...he liked that. Her smile just seemed to light up her features and the entire tavern almost seemed...cheerier just by association. That was a neat trick...though he couldn't have been sure if it was her doing or just the alcohol talking to him.

"Wha? I's going to be gettin' more? More'n what I just got?" Even Nexus could tell that the ale was taking over by now. His words were a bit slurred and he seemed to have this goofy expression on his face. Little did everyone know, even Tzak, that his nanobot technology was working at full steam inside his bloodstream for a disastrous result. They had no idea how to deal with the drunken fog, but they did know how to convert it into energy. While they stayed away from the brain function, they did make sure to convert it all into energy. Most people, beginners in drinking, would have passed out by half a glass, but thanks to Tzak's advanced technology, he felt more awake and alive than ever.

More complacent as well.

"I guess I should look forward to whenever this...time...that you're gonna be done with me...happens." Simple things were escaping him, but he loved the fact that she was petting him with those long nails. They felt divine as they caressed his scalp and moved through hsi hair. Absolutely wonderful. "M-me? Been kissed? N-never really. Well. I mean...there wuz this time that I wuz kissed by 'nother cadet...I t-thin' she m-mighta been a noble 'cause she was open a-about things...She only kissed me on tha cheek though...said if I did good I could mebbe have more." Tzak left it there, the memory of that kiss, the feel of soft velvet lips even against his cheek, where the kiss had been stirred something in him that scared and intrigued him. Mostly intrigued for some reason. His timid nature was being subdued, and instead something else was coming to the surface. A more feral Tzak, wanting to get free from the bonds of repression that twenty some odd years of training had ingrained into his mind.

Then she offered to kiss him. Tzak blinked a few times, a slightly astonished look on his face. "You wanna kiss me Demaht? T-that'd be...nice! I've always had a thing for you I guess...I mean...Aurora said them thoughts were bad an' all but I liked 'em really...an' the stuff you talked about seemed...really neat but...I wouldn't dare try 'em with you...'cause you're my goddess 'n all."

"Right. It tickles. I'm sure." It was an obvious lie, as when he simply brushed his fingertips along her neck she shivered, her skin raised itself a few goosebumps and she seemed be a little surprised. Nexus wanted to also test the proverbial waters. It was time she loosened up just a little bit. Just a little. He still remembered his deal with her. Urges kept at bay. Though, now that they were pretty much lovers (Minus the fact there was no love making) the deal had gone from being black and white to very grey. At least for Nexus. He waited, counting as Niamh tried to say something but couldn't. She didn't say anything afterwards. He waited for her to push him back.

Those four seconds were the strangest seconds he could have ever asked for. She was tense, but she wasn't fighting it. So. He swooped in to see what he could find out about his shy little lover.

His lips pressed gently to her skin, his tongue swirling about the alabaster flesh as he suckled gently on it. He had to admit that Demaht probably had more experience in the matter of giving love bites. He hadn't loved after all, but he knew all about hickeys and how to make them. His lips finally broke contact with her skin, placing small kisses all along her neck and up her cheek until he reached her ears. "So, whaddya think? Did that hurt, or did it feel good." The last word was said more like a purr than anything else, trying to put as much emphasis on it as possible. Hah! Let's see her handle that.

Damn, he really hoped he didn't break her mind with this of course.

Rhindeer

When Nexus got a little more specific, that was when it started to really click in Niamh's head. Sure, she'd figured he meant the whole blood thing in a dirty way because, c'mon, it was Nexus. But as he mentioned a single part...yeah. There was pretty much only one part he could be talking about. Wait! Or was there? Maybe he wanted to make her think bad things and make her think it was that when it really wasn't just so he could laugh at her and tease her about it! After all, why would blood go there? Oh, wait, never mind, she got it. She flushed a little, feeling her ignorance, but it was only by the grace of the Light that she managed to keep her expression amazingly neutral. No, no, for once she was dead set on trying another tactic.

"Well, I was gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say your brain, but if it's not in your head and instead it went--" She coughed, not quite able to say the word. "--there, then, um, well..." She raised an eyebrow and glanced at his hands, smirking. "I guess it's wrong what they say about big hands."

She was actually rather proud of that retort and the fact that she'd managed to keep relatively cool while saying it. She didn't even remember where she'd heard that one--probably among the Lumenari--but man that felt good! He teased her mercilessly so, finally, she got to tease back! Still, she was also kind of amazed at herself. She had no idea where that had come from, nor the nerve to say it. While she could be quite cocky, confident, and teasing otherwise, whenever the subject turned sexual, that was when she went into shy mode, so much so that the ability to even joke or tease back just seemed to vanish beneath all the awkwardness.

Then she remembered the wine, which she had set out of the way on the table near Nexus' mug. Er. Right. Eh heh. Come to think of it, wine had made her very bold the second time she'd met Nexus...he'd only tortured her the day before, but the next day he gave her wine and, well...that drowned out a lot of the fear. Maybe it was starting to have more of an effect that she thought.

Whatever momentary boldness she might have had soon vanished because, well, she had no retorts for what he did next. Or rather, what he said. Niamh abruptly stopped moving at all, going still as a rabbit trying to avoid detection by a predator. "I was not grinding!" she choked out stiffly, trying to glare though even her ears were red by this point. She crossed her arms tightly over her chest and crossed her legs as well. "I was trying to move off your knee!" She continued to look disgruntled and embarrassed as he roared with laugher, apparently finding the whole thing insanely amusing.

Ergh...for him. She hadn't meant to do any...um...grinding...

Ah, the only downside to getting Tzak plastered was that Demaht had forgotten just how, well...silly mortals tended to get when intoxocated. The slurred words, the goofy grins and equally goofy sayings. She could practically feel the poor guy's braincells dying. Ah, no matter. As long as he didn't get sick on her, all would be well! Besides, all goofiness aside, his body was still the same. And the alcohol did bring out a side of him that she wished she could see when he was sober--a Tzak that craved her affection. Not just her approval and praise and orders, but her affection, her touches, her body, even. She saw the way he was looking at her, not quite so much like she was an intangible Goddess--oh, that was still there, thank goodness--but he also seemed to finally be seeing her as a woman as well.

Which was what she wanted. Oh, sure, she wanted to be seen as a Goddess of course, but she also wanted to be seen as a woman. It was a hard balance to achieve sometimes.

She wished he'd act this excited about kisses and touches when he was really, well, himself. But for now, this would have to do.

She wasn't even sure why it really mattered so much. Bah. Probably just because she hadn't gotten any in centuries. Yeah. That was it. She just wanted to get him drunk so he'd finally do something, and get the girl drunk because it would be amusing. That was it. It was all about her. Yup. And she was totally in control of this situation, and the only reason she cared about him seeing her like a woman and all that junk was because...well...she didn't want to screw someone who wasn't into it.

Yup. That was the only reason...

She only gave a small nod at his question of getting more than what he'd gotten, then listened as he spoke, answering her question as to whether he'd been kissed before. Her fingers idly stroked his chin and jaw as he spoke, that sly smile still in place. Oh, just a kiss on the cheek? She expected as much. He really was fresh meat...so to speak. Her smile widened at his astonished look, at his admitting that it'd be nice if she did. Oh my...and he even went so far as to admit that he'd always had a thing for her. My. That alcohol sure had made him bold! Hopefully it also didn't make him pass out because...well...she was really enjoying this.

"Ya know Tzak...there're many ways to worship a Goddess," she told him, turning in his lap so that, once again, she was straddling him. Both arms wrapped around his neck again, fingers twining in his hair at the nape of his neck, as she pressed ever-so-slightly against him until they were touching from their chests to their hips. If Tzak was still aware enough, he might notice that, oddly enough, she had no heartbeat. She had no human organs, only those that she created for herself. But her body was hot nonetheless, not painfully so...more like it mimicked the pleasant warmth coming off the fireplace.

She pressed her lips to the side of his neck, ran her tongue teasingly over the flesh. "Ya can worship with prayer." Another soft kiss, this time at the hollow of his throat. "Ya can worship with ritual." She nibbled at the space just under his chin, grazing the skin lightly with her teeth. "Ya can worship with your life, through how ya live an' what ya do." She kissed his chin playfully, sat up straighter and leaned her forehead against his so she could look him in the eyes. Trailing her hands around from his neck, she cupped the sides of his face gently as she spoke, absently nuzzling noses with him. "And...ya can worship with your body."

That was when she finally tilted her head and went in for the kiss, pressing her lips hard against his, though not roughly; somehow it still managed to be gentle, but there was obvious need and hunger in that kiss, too. Her eyes drifted shut as she let her tongue trail against his lips, teasing and tasting but not trying to force entry. She didn't want there to be any unpleasant surprises if it, well...surprised him.

As for Niamh, well...those four seconds were probably some of the longest seconds of her life. In her mind she was counting down, and in her mind a fierce inner battle was being fought. To resist or not to resist? One side of her said to resist because just...it was bad. She didn't want to be sucked on! Would it hurt? Anything that bruised couldn't feel good. Would it look as ridiculous as it had looked when Demaht had done it to Tzak? Would she look as ridiculous as Tzak had when he'd had it done to him? How would she react? What would happen? And in public! Yet there was that other side of her, the curious side, the side of her that she kept locked away under metaphorical lock and key. The side Nexus had a tendency to bring out more and more, which scared her.

In other words? Yes, Niamh did have hormones like any other humans, and yes, Nexus wrecked havoc on them.

In any case, despite the war in her head, it didn't help her body any. She was frozen on the spot, hands gripping Nexus' shoulders tightly, his chin on her shoulder, her eyes wide and heart beating rapidly with anticipation and nerves. For a moment she didn't think anything would happen; in her panic, she'd counted the seconds a bit too quickly. But then she felt him move and...

"Ah..." Her breath hitched when she felt his lips against her skin and a shiver coursed through her body--which, contrary to the shiver, had grown a little warmer. And then she felt his tongue, felt the gentle pressure as he suckled the flesh, and...Her fingers clenched harder on his shoulders, short nails biting through the fabric. Oh Light. Whatever she'd been thinking about before flew right out of her head along with anything else logical and all she was able to focus on was that one sensation, her eyes drifting shut, her head tilting to the side just as little as though to give him better access. A quiet little moan escaped her before she could bite it back when he finally pulled away and kissed up her neck and cheek until he reached her ear, making her want to squirm.

That was when the spell finally broke.

Her eyes flew open when he spoke, though his final question, the way he practically purred the last word, made another chill shoot down her spine. Ahaha...well...the answer to his question was probably obvious. It felt good. A little too good, her skin was still tingling where his lips were, or maybe that was her imagination. Niamh shivered again and squeezed her eyes shut.

"Uh...it...didn't...hurt..." she answered slowly, joltingly, her mind still half gone.

Yeah, thinking was a little difficult at the moment.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

He expected her to just start blushing wildly but really she seemed to be trying to take it all in logically. Whether that was to stop her blush or if that was just to cover it up...or maybe she really was that naive? It was hard to say that this point wasn't it? It was a huge conflict that she seemed to be having actually in her mind. He liked it though. "It went...?" She finally said something, not what he hoped but she said SOMETHING. Then she said /something/ more and he kept himself cool. "Actually that IS a factual lie. The size of a man's hands has nothing to do with the size of penis." Was she going to break into a blush from him saying that, it would have been hilarious.

She seemed to get that way when you said something dirty.

"Oh and if you ever do want to see how big I am you just have to ask. Or you can walk into the bathroom after I have a bath. I know there's been a few times when I've heard you walk by the bathroom and you just stopped. I always wondered what you were doing out there." It could have been anything, but this was the best way to make someone fess up to something. After all, she was a woman, and she had those thoughts and feelings like anyone else.

Nexus just smirked at her as she tried to defend herself from his accusation of grinding. "You were so grinding and it felt very gooood." He whispered quietly to her. Oh yes, it had actually felt quite nice, he was going to lie about that, even if she was just squirming. "Oh of course love, whatever makes you feel better at night." Ah he was going to have his revenge. He had to. She was getting away with a whole lot it seemed and that was something he couldn't stand for.

Couldn't let her win after all.

Tzak didn't think he was silly at all from all of this. He felt like like he was actually doing quite well besides all this fog that was going around in his head. Demaht didn't seem to mind him at all really...And contrary to her belief, he wasn't losing any real braincells. They would be replaced, resurrected later on, and he'd probably remember everything. Scary thought, get drunk, have no inhibitions, forget everything he did, and then when he woke up, he'd just remember it all. Not that he knew tha tof course because he had never been drunk before so...he couldn't say. All he could say was blabber on about Demaht and try to be closer to her. She was...gorgeous, she was amazing...so warm, so pleasurable to see, and for that matter every touch she mad on him felt like bliss. His skin felt a bit funny, like when he got cold...little bumps and such. He ignored them though, focusing on Demaht.

Really he couldn't take his eyes off of her. She was amazing for that matter. So beautiful...her hair was amazing, like fire...beautiful fire...It framed her face and made it all the more gorgeous. It almost seemed like it was waving too in his mind...He couldn't believe how she looked to him when he was drinking alcohol like this...Maybe he would have to do this more often because...he liked what he saw. Oh yes. He really liked what he saw. He idly wondered what she was planning...he KNEW she was planning something...

but he couldn't care to try and figure it out.

He just heard in his mind not to care.

But...that hungry look she had was mimicked by him. He licked his lips, his mouth felt really dry for some reason, and his heart felt so much faster as he watched her. He had no idea what was going on with him...but he liked it. "Well I mean...you've always been there for me 'n stuff like that...n' you always tried to look out for me...kinda...Only wish I was kinda braver'n that you weren't just...interested 'n yourself..." He looked a little darker as he spoke, almost a bit sullen...but then he brightened up. "But not like now! Now ya seem to care for me 'n that...'n its nice...to know that someone like you would ever wanna care for somethin' like me." Tzak was earnest at least when he was under the influence of alcohol.

He tied to blink the blur from his eyes as she spoke again, suddenly straddling him once more and both her arms wrapping around his neck. He continued to blink almost awestruck as she pressed herself against him. He felt his heart pumping fast, his skin becoming slightly flushed as he just stared at her. He did notice there was something wrong with her, but he didn't care. She was so warm...so...nice...He loved that about her. She was always warm, at all times, and great to have around when they were here in the cold town. "W-wha? P-prayer?" Words were barely registering as she slowly kissed his neck, her tongue running over his flesh causing goosebumps to rise and a small shiver run through his spine. "I-I-I c-c-can?" Another shiver ran through his entier body as she nibbled on his chin, barely touching the skin with her teeth but still enough to make him feel so good. Then a kiss was placed after she spoke some words he was barely listening to. His breath was faster, a little hoarse as she cupped the sides of his face, rubbing the tips of their noses together.

Then something happened.

She move in.

And kissed him.

He didn't fight it though. He accepted it. Though it seemed...it seemed deeper. Like she...he couldn't even put a word to it. It was just that she wanted. Was it him? That couldn't be it. Why would it be him? It couldn't possibly be him! There was something strange against his lips though, something he couldn't figure out...that is until he opened his mouth a little bit and found out...it was her tongue. What the hell? Her tongue. His eyes went from being half-lidded to wide open, but he wasn't trying to escape. His tongue went to find hers though, poking it and trying to discover that...yes indeed...it was her tongue! That was the craziest...kiss...first kiss for that matter. This was strange to say the least.

Not that he actually minded the strangeness of it all. It felt great.

Still.

He wondered where all his blood was flowing and why he felt kinda...constricted down there. That had never happened before. What in blazes was going on...ah he didn't care.

Nexus was still really...surprised she didn't fight back. She seemed to be considering this whole thing. It was an inner battle, Nexus could almost read her thoughts. There was the one decent side of her that said not to go through with this, that they were in public, and it was a private matter, but the other side of her said something else. Nexus knew that side of her, because he had seen it all before.

It was the human side. The bare side of her that was locked away. The one that had the innate desires of the flesh and such like that. Oh yes. He knew that side all too well.

Nexus was pleased by the result of his lips coming into contact with Niamh's neck. She shivered, one that travelled down her body, and he could feel it as his hands gently were upon her back. He was sure to be careful, gentle as he slowly suckled the flesh to leave the mark there. He couldn't help but feel a bit of excitement as he felt her fingers clench into his skin, the nails cutting through the fabric to put pressure on him. He had to focus though. He had to remember something. Their deal. This was a grey area, as it wasn't truly a desire, but it was enjoyable. Just as long as he didn't go any further with this all. No clothes needed to be lost, no blood should flow to inappropriate areas. Just keep it clean, and don't take advantage. He could practically hear Vec's voice telling him to honour the deal and honour Niamh for that matter.

He knew it felt good for her. That way she acted, the way she shivered and the way she reacted to all his touches and kisses. Of course, he wanted to hear it directly from her, that was more enjoyable.

"Well. I'm glad it didn't hurt then." Ah she wasn't going to truly admit then was she? No matter, her body spoke so many beautiful volumes to him. He didn't care if she never spoke again on the subject. He knew.

Oh he knew.

Rhindeer

Yeah, maybe Niamh had been rather bold with her retort. But of course, she should have been prepared for Nexus to lash right back with one of his own, and a worse retort at that. The first part wasn't too bad. She blushed at his bluntness whereas she had avoided naming actual parts, but even then she saw a way to get back and still maintain some of her cool. She could simply try and tease him more, say he sounded suspiciously defensive...

But even as she thought that, Nexus was retorting and exploiting the loophole to her own unspoken response that she hadn't seen. Unfortunately.

"No thanks! I'll pass!" she squeaked, jerking backwards in his lap so that her back hit his arm. She held up her hands as though to ward him off. "I don't wanna see, I don't care, and I'm not gonna--what?" For a few seconds she stared up at him wordlessly before promptly smacking his chest. "I'm not standing out there because of that! I was just...just...listening to see if the water was still running...to see if you were done yet...'cause I was waiting for my turn...and...yeah," she finished lamely, staring at anything but him. "But what makes you think I'd wanna see?!" she finally managed, proud that she'd managed to work a bit more strength into her voice. "That's not...I wouldn't...that's for marriage," she said with a tone of finality, though some of the color had traveled down her neck.

It was a lame excuse, she'd seen other Lumenari members, males at that, naked before. There was little room for privacy there. She wasn't completely naive. But once again, there it was, that distinction. The Lumenari were like family members to her. Nexus...was not. Their relationship was not platonic, and so...well...

Still, it was awful. Much as she hated to admit it, yes, she was curious. She was human, and she was no saint even if she did cling to her morals like a pillar. Curiosity and morality certainly did like to butt heads whenever Nexus was in the equation, but she was determined to stand strong and resist. It did help that there was a little fear there, too, though; that helped tip the scales enough to beat the curiosity down. Fear over what would happen, what could happen...

What apparently had happened.

"I was not! Shut up!" But she looked mortified nonetheless--and fairly uncomfortable and rigid. Oh Light, had she really just...she hadn't meant to! But maybe she had, maybe she had felt--no! That was just the button on his fly or something! Goddess! No! Stop thinking, Niamh, stop thinking now! "It does make me feel better! Because it's the truth! Now be quiet!"

He was going to be the death of her. She was surprised she hadn't gotten a nosebleed yet, so much blood seemed to have taken residence in her face...

Demaht, on the other hand, was having the time of her life. Or, well, the time of her last, oh, few centuries. She didn't care or even think about what she was doing, about it being wrong, or about the fact that what she was doing was, indeed, the very reason that djinn had been imprisoned in the first place. Oh, not for taking advantage of Tzak while he was drunk, no, nothing that specific. It was a broader category: temptation, for drawing mortals away from worshipping the real Gods. There were many ways to tempt someone. Wishes for one, though it really only counted when the djinn was using their power to pretend to play God and, thus, draw attention away from the true deities. Carnal matters were another way. Oh, Demaht had done them all, and now she was right back to square one.

And she didn't seem to care if this was wrong, taking advantage of someone like this. After all, Tzak was drunk but he was willing, she rationalized. And he needed to loosen up.

Simple. And what better teacher was there than her?

But even as she kissed him, his words echoed in her head. Interested in herself...cared for him...always been there for him...rrgh. Without even meaning to, the kiss became a little more aggressive, a little more forceful as she parted her lips, took his tongue in her mouth, and brushed her tongue against his, teasing, even sucking gently on it. What he'd done, touching his tongue to hers, was as good an invitation as any to take this kiss further and...no. She wasn't going to think about his words right now. It wasn't like she cared. He was here to serve her, that was all. And of course she was interested in just herself. Who else did she have for all those millenia? Who did she have now? Herself! She was the one constant in her long life, the only one she could depend on and trust.

Her hands trailed down his back until she reached the hem of his shirt, playing with it for a moment before she slipped her hands beneath it. She knew that out here, on the floor of the tavern, there was only so far that they could go before...well...they'd probably be thrown out. But she planned on getting a room before it got that far; right now it was all about seducing Tzak and getting him to that point. She raked her nails lightly over his skin, caressing up and down his spine as, finally, she broke the kiss and stared at him breathlessly, her lips still almost touching his. Ah...she did have Tzak, she thought as she looked at him, admiring his strong features. Gray all over--well, she'd see about that--yet it didn't detract. If anything, she found it charming. But...no, he was only hers for now. Eventually he'd leave or die like the others. Not that she minded what happened to the others, but...no. No thinking. She just planned on getting what she could out of him while she had him, mind and body. It was her right.

Oh. Seemed she was doing something right, too, and with her body pressed firmly against his...oh yeah, she felt the change. That helped take her mind off the other more unpleasant subject!

"My...is someone excited?" Demaht whispered. And to emphasize her point she ground her body hard against his, let out a breathy gasp against his ear. Yeah. Seemed to her like he was very ready and willing, and like it was probably high time they do something about this. Like...get a room. She had no qualms against taking him here and now, but she also knew it would be bad for Tzak to get arrested. Still...the girl...she hadn't gotten her drunk yet! Cracking open one eye, she glanced at Tacky Hat and Pale Girl, looking for an opening.

Niamh slowly opened her eyes and glanced up at Nexus, then bit her lip and blushed. Dear Light. Why the hell did her body still feel all shivery, her heart still racing? Jeez. "Um...yeah..." she said slowly, and winced a little at the sound of her voice, which was slightly breathless. Ergh. Clearing her throat, she reached up slowly to touch her neck where his lips had been, as though expecting to feel the mark. "Er, did it leave a mark? Ah, no...this shirt doesn't have a collar, only my jacket does. I...I think I'm gonna just..."

She shifted around a little where she sat, turning, and then froze when her eyes fell on Tzak and Demaht. Demaht...who seemed to be...what the hell?! They were practically doing it right there! With their clothes on! Niamh made a small, strangled sound in her throat, jerked her eyes away, and looked desperately up at Nexus. "I think I'm gonna go to the bathroom!" she managed to choke, and she lunged to get up.

Yeah. Not because she had to go, just because, well...for one, she was curious if he really had left a mark, and two...she didn't wanna be there while Tzak and Demaht did that! Wasn't that illegal?!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Niamh should have learnt by now that when you challenged Nexus, you weren't going to win, at least not without a fight. He knew how to get to her, and he loved to do that too. It was hilarious when he did, and she seemed to blush and just get all flustered. Still...

He respected her from actually getting the courage up to speak her mind.

A big mistake but still.

A large grin spread across his face as he squeezed her with his arm, pulling her a little closer. "Are you sure you don't want to see? Because I ain't got a problem with showing you." He told her, but of course his next comment REALLY set a fire under her britches it seemed. Ah this was good, this was really good, hilarious almost really. She didn't seem to like, and it confirmed his suspicions for that matter. Oh now he could get her. "Well, for one, you did it even after you had just had a bath. We've got two bathrooms in the house, one attached to your room for that matter...so I have to wonder. Why is she there?" Niamh had loved the fact that she could have a bath whenever she wanted in her room, or go downstairs to the MUCH bigger bathtub she insisted Nexus buy her.

Nexus had never been in such a situation like this one. He had to be reminded that there was a woman in the house, and he had to act accordingly. He never walked around without pants on of course, he always made sure to clean up after himself, and he always ensured that Niamh had breakfast waiting before she got up in the morning.

He was glad though that Niamh actually sometimes /tried/ to sneak a peak. It showed that she was human for one...and that she wanted to see, and that she was curious. It was nice to know that she wanted something of course...but he was also glad she those strong morals of her. Even with all his lewd commons, rough gestures and overbearing personality and what not...she never one buckled. He would admit, he was testing her a little bit here and there. He wanted to know if she was in it with her heart and soul. She was too. He loved that. When she put herself toward something, she went all in.

"You are too and I will not shut up!" He shot right back with a fairly amused expression playing on his face. She was blushing and she almost looked conflicted. Maybe she believe she WAS actually grinding against him, and that he wouldn't' believe. It had just been a joke after all. Still...couldn't blame her for thinking it after all. "Heh, alright Niamh, I'm backing down for now. We'll talk about it later."

Yes. Later. Like she'd ever want to talk about it later. Probably after marriage.

Still. She talked a lot about how 'This was for marriage' and 'not until marriage' and it made him wonder really...Were they going to get married? Did she see him as potential marriage material? For that matter...if he didn't see her that way, then why was he around?!

These were some interesting thoughts he would HAVE to discuss with her later.

In all the years he had been alive, in all the years he had spent in the academy and training...why did it seem like he had completely wasted his life when this one thing happened. Tzak couldn't think straight, but really, he didn't WANT to think straight. All he knew is that there was this woman here who wanted him. For what purposes he could barely surmise or think about but still...She seemed to want him and do stuff. He wondered why she suddenly wanted him so badly...well...he tried to wonder this. His body was fighting though. It wanted this to happen. Definitely there were parts of him that told him he wanted this. Oh yes. There were parts that were trying to talk at this time.

And he was assuming that there were parts of her talking back to her.

He giggled loudly at that thought. Two of their parts talking to each other. What language would they speak?

Tzak hadn't a clue why, but suddenly their kiss became...forceful, harder, like she was enraged or something. His eyes were searching as much of her face as he could see as he felt her tongue brushing against his and she was...sucking gently on it. What...it was odd. Not bad? No. Good. It was strange, she had seemed so...he wasn't sure but as of this moment he had never seen her as a passionate, spirited creature, but at this exact time he saw it all in her. She was truly fire. Enflamed, filled with passion and raw emotions...it was incredible. His body felt alive with a new life, a new power.

He had no idea this was his nanobots just doing their job for that matter.

He felt warm hands on his back, against his skin, those long beautiful nails trailing along his skin and causing shivers and goose bumps on his skin. Ah! Her touch was amazing. However, he was getting a little...flushed. Embarrassed for that matter. Finally something was clicking in his head now. Should he...should they be doing this right now? In front of everyone. Finally their lips separated, and he could only gasp in pleasure at the same time when her nails raked over his skin, up and down his spine in a very sensual gesture. He didn't think he was actually this...excitable. Then again he had never been drunk like this before. He wasn't sure if this was body just talking, or if this was actually the alcohol. was he thinking too much? Or trying for that matter...with the fog in his head and mind like this...it was scary but he liked it. The fog was nice...it made Demaht look nice for that matter...really nice. Like she wasn't just the same old Demaht.

He blinked blearily at her as he looked downward to his waist to see what she was talking about, mostly because she was grinding herself hard against him. "Wha...issat...O-oh! O-oh m-my..." His face went a deeper shade of grey as he coughed uncomfortably, looking up to Demaht. Suddenly things seemed to get a bit realer for him. Was...is...did she...? He couldn't really put his finger on this whole thing. Did she want just to...have sex? "D-demaht I...I do-don't feel very comfortable...Should we be...d-doing this?" He asked her, his voice slurred and his eyes blinking, trying to focus properly on his thoughts and not that odd tightness in his pants. Sure he knew about blood flow and all that but still...after being a eunuch for so many years...he really wasn't sure about him. He wasn't confident in his abilities in that department and...what she would think bout him...and...So many thoughts spun about in his mind and he couldn't figure out what was going on right now.

Nexus loved the fact that he could hear heartbeats right now. He was so tuned to Niamh's heartbeat, but he could hear Tzak's as well...his was just as loud as Niamh's...but...Demaht. Nothing. Not even a steady one. Hmph. Magical creatures. Of course she didn't. "Yeah it did leave a mark Niamh. Heh. Don't worry about it. People don't care if you have one...and you're not getting your jacket." He told her, a small hint of finality in his voice. Oh no. She would wear that little mark with pride.

Niamh made a noise that Nexus had to wonder why. He looked toward Demaht and Tzak and blinked. He almost let his other eye wander from her drink but he remembered at the last moment. Well. That was something. Demaht sure did seem in a hurry didn't she? "What? Alright, hurry back poppet." Apparently she was too embarrassed to stay around for what was going on. Such a prude. Nexus sighed as he picked up Niamh's wine and held it carefully.

"Demaht. You can't seriously be thinking of taking advantage of him are you?" Nexus asked, quite loudly. Tzak looked over at the sudden intruding voice, glaring. "She's not takin' advantage of nobody...she's just showin' how much she likes me...an' all her appreciamation!" Nexus sighed, shaking his head as he actually felt sorry for this man. "Demaht. You can't do this. I've done a lot of bad things in my seventeen hundred years of living but...I've never won the affection of a person, got them drunk, and then had sex with them to satisfy an itch." Tzak only focused on one thing actually. "Yer seven hun'red years old?! B-but you like...thirty fo' or so! Wow!" Ugh. The stupid dolt couldn't even LISTEN to anything being said could he?

"I hope you enjoy the next morning you two. You're going to have a lot of things to talk about. I've been around Niamh for so long I know that there is going to be so much trouble in the morning when he's sober." Tzak just glared at him as he suddenly put his arms about Demaht's neck and kissed her on the cheek. "In th' morning? S'gonna be nothin' bad at all! I'll be right beside Dema't and I'll be happy an' she'll be happy an' that's all I really wan' is fer her to be happy all th' time! You just stay out of this! Tacky hat busybodeh!" Well. He gave them his warning. In the old days he would have taught them all a valuable lesson but....this wasn't the old days. Far from it.

Rhindeer

"Ack!" Niamh gasped when Nexus pulled her closer, and she shook her head vigorously and pushed at his chest with a hand as though to try and escape his embrace. "I'm sure! I'm positive!" she exclaimed, struggling. "And I know you'd have no problem with it, that's what's freaky, but I'd have a problem with it!" she said, keeping her voice low because she didn't want anyone to overhear just what they were talking about. Oh Light that'd be bad. She was already flustered enough, but someone overhearing...yikes...they'd get the wrong idea.

And then he brought up the fact that Niamh had often already bathed when that incident often occurred and that there were two baths in the house. Niamh twitched, freezing in place and staring up at him with the shame-faced look of someone who'd been caught red-handed. Crap. "Uh..." Yeah. She didn't really have a response for that. Or maybe she did. "That...that's none of your business, Nexus," she said stiffly, coughing and averting her eyes.

Crap, crap, crap! She'd forgotten that he could see through doors and stuff! Not that...she was doing anything bad by those doors. It wasn't like she was trying to peek! Er. Okay. So...so maybe she had. Once or twice or...thrice. It wasn't like she was trying to see anything bad! Just...maybe his chest or...his back to see if those letters were still there or...her cheeks started to grow hot and suddenly she just wanted to hide. Light what had possessed her?! Trying to sneak peeks was something Nexus would try, not her! Not even he would try it, actually! He was really good about strictly adhering to The Deal, and...

Suddenly she felt very tainted.

Even more tainted about the "grinding" issue because she honestly did think that, maybe...she really had done something by accident, and that kind of mortified her. Thankfully Nexus dropped it and she breathed a sigh of relief, finally relaxing. "Thanks...uh, what? Later? What's there to talk about later?" They were not going to talk about "grinding" later if that's what he meant! Light no!

She'd flee the room long before the conversation veered back over in that direction.

Demaht raised her eyebrows when Tzak giggled, surprised, and for a moment she didn't know that had come from him. When she realized it was he that had made that sound...she just about lost it laughing herself, instead managing only to make a small coughing sound as she repressed it. Gods be damned, there was something insanely hilarious about this whole situation. Well, the side of the situation that dealt with Tzak, that is. He was so drunk--and part of her was a little worried that he'd pass out from it--and there was just something really funny about his spontaneous giggles and general goofiness. Of course, that could be expected from a drunk person, and at least he couldn't talk while she kept his mouth occupied.

Bless him, but he wasn't exactly the smoothest, sexiest talker like this with his slurred, almost nonsensical words. Then again, when was he a smooth, sexy talker? He could hardly even speak to her normally without tripping all over his tongue. Ah, no matter. She just hoped that next time, she wouldn't have to wait until he was plastered to make a move because drunken sex was sloppy sex and...well...

She also kind of wanted to know that it wasn't just the alcohol talking. Sometimes it brought out truths that were just kept tightly locked away in the sober world, but sometimes it just made people completely different than what they were. She supposed she'd find out in the morning if he'd really meant what he'd said tonight, but right now the morning didn't matter. She wanted him, he wanted her, there really wasn't much more to it than that.

Maybe she should have put more thought into it, maybe she shouldn't have been so selfish and cruel about this whole thing, but she simply didn't think like that. What she wanted she always got, one way or another. It was as simple as that. And with a willing (if drunk) man beneath her, shivering, flushing--in his own way--and making those cute little gasping sounds...hah, like she was thinking about consequences.

Like there would be any consequences. After all, she got away with murder on a semi-regular basis.

This wasn't murder. She was doing him a favor.

"Mm?" That was when Tzak spoke and Demaht paused, still pressed against him but no longer moving. Her own breathing was a little rougher than usual, her eyes half closed as she watched his face, and then she smiled softly at his flustered question and gave a husky laugh. "Shh..." She slid a hand out from under his shirt and pressed two fingers to his lips. "It's okay. There's no reason why we shouldn't be doin' this--just not here," she whispered, kissing his temple. Oh no. He wasn't sobering up, was he? She hoped that wasn't a sign that he was getting clear-headed...maybe he needed more alcohol...

"But I can think of a place where it would be okay...a place very close by, an' then..." She shifted her hips subtly but deliberately. "I can take care of your problem for ya..."

Niamh made some sort of grumbling sound as she darted off for the bathroom, something about "watch me get my jacket", before she vanished to the ladies' room to examine her neck. Yeah, Nexus sure wasn't keeping her away from that! If he really left a mark--a thought which sent a strange tingle of excitement through her, though she had no clue why--then she was wearing that thing whether he said so or not! Tingle of excitement or not...she'd know it was there! And she'd secretly enjoy it.

Other people didn't have to know it was there.

Jackets were also good for hiding, too. Like if Demaht and Tzak didn't stop their little drunken suck-face fest. There was only so long she was willing to spend in the bathroom, after all.

Demaht looked up sharply when a voice suddenly interjected, glancing over her shoulder at Nexus--and frowning. Who asked him? But before she could retort--or invite him to join in, since his prudish girlfriend seemed to have ditched him (and she hadn't even been able to spike her drink, either; the guy was a pretty good watchdog)--Tzak spoke up. Slurred, a bit painful on the ears, but he actually defended her! Demaht blinked at him, then began to grin. "Get 'im drunk? I'm not the one ordered his drink or made 'im take sips. What're ya so uptight 'bout suddenly? Heh...I think you're just jealous that you're not gettin' any." And she hugged Tzak tightly, chuckling softly at Tzak as he suddenly put his arms around her neck and kissed her cheek.

My...someone was getting bold.

"See? What trouble? Tzaky said he'll be happy...an' trust me...he will," she purred, suddenly sliding off of Tzak's lap and getting to her feet in one smooth motion. She held a hand out to Tzak; he'd probably need the help, drunk as he was, and even if she looked shorter than Tzak and like she'd never lifted anything heavier than a mirror, if it came down to it, she could literally throw Tzak over her shoulder and cart him away. "Now ya have a lovely night, hope your sheets aren't too cold. Tzaky? Get up now, sugar, an' wish for some gold."

They were going to get a room. After all, they had...unfinished business.

By that time, Niamh had returned from the restroom, blushing lightly--as, indeed, the hickey stood out quite vividly against her light skin--and shrugging into her jacket as she walked. Whatever Nexus had said, it hadn't stopped her from sneaking around to the front of the tavern, snatching up her coat, and then sneaking back over her. She was so going to wear the damned thing whether Nexus liked it or not.

And it seemed she'd also returned at a good time. Demaht was up and tugging at Tzak's hand, and Tzak was--uwah?!

Niamh slapped a hand over her eyes, turned sharply in mid-step, and just stared intently at the back wall. With Demaht out of his lap now, yeah. It was obvious his pants were fitting a little more snugly now.

She didn't need to see that. Whatever the hell happened to Nexus' wonderful plan of swapping stories and telling jokes?! That had gone out the window.

She'd tell him "I told you so" later, though. Like when it was safe to turn around again.

Anonymous

Ah she was like an animal caught in a trap wasn't she? Trying desperately to escape his iron grip he had about her. "Well alright my poppet, if you're so sure then." Ah he knew when to drop this particular conversation, because that talk was...ah...how did she put it usually? Oh yes. 'Don't stay stuff like that cause we're not married, only when we get married can you talk about that and you should only say that stuff when we're alone.' Of course, Niamh still didn't understand that they wouldn't be LIVING her in this town, so they could really say whatever and people wouldn't care. It wasn't like there would be a statue erected in the town square with a full recorded dialogue of their conversation.

That would be just weird wouldn't it?

Nexus couldn't believe that he actually caught her like that. It was hilarious. Niamh was just a dirty little pervert! Awww! That was so sweet! Sure, a lot of other people would probably be wary of this sort of thing, but Nexus really was proud of her for that matter. He also felt kinda...wanted really. That was a nice feeling. "Oh, of course, right, my bad. I mean, why would I be worried about my pretty little poppet wanting to spy on me." He...literally actually wasn't worried for that matter. He tried to sound sarcastic but he wasn't sure why. He just blinked a few times. "I...actually meant that too. I didn't mean it to sound sarcastic." Nexus added right way, looking a little befuddled.

Why had it sounded sarcastic? Maybe Niamh was really rubbing off on him.

That could surely be it. Still. Was she actually trying to peek at him? Maybe she was really human like he believed, and she really had thoughts and desires and all those nasty little dreams and thoughts. Still, she coulda picked someone better to look out couldn't she? Er. No. He couldn't think that stuff anymore. She had already said that she thought scars gave him character and such. Though the fact that he couldn't peek on her, while she was allowed to take a look at him whenever she wanted while he was in the buff kind of made him chuckle. She was such a funny girl though. All that blushing and what not, yet she had been trying to get a peek at him while he was bathing and changing.

Still, it looked like they wouldn't be talking about grinding later now would they? "Hm? Oh I suppose nothing really." If he tried to talk about grinding later, it was going to be just him talking, while she blushed and tried not to listen. Still, he knew that she would be. Oh yes, he knew that she'd be listening quietly to him. Maybe not on a conscious level but she'd be listening! That's all that he really cared about of course.

Tzak blinked a few times as Demaht coughed quietly. Was she okay? Could she be harmed by disease? Probably couldn't...maybe she just had a hair in her throat. Oh dear was it from him?! She had been sucking on his neck after her. Oh no...that wasn't a good thing was it? Still everything seemed to be fine afterward and he just continued to smile at her. He had a goofy sort of smile on his face all the while, he couldn't help it of course because...he wasn't sure why. He just felt really good right about now. Like everyone should be happy and smiling at this point. Demaht seemed to be pretty happy, though really...forceful and pushy. He didn't mind that though because it all felt good after all.

Demaht wouldn't find out the truth in the morning. oh no. She'd find she was going to do a really horrible thing actually, and there would be trouble. Tzak did mean everything he actually said to her, things he wished he could tell her when he was sober but right now while he was in this state, it was hard to know what was truth and what was just his mind trying to get a quick bit of passion. Well...maybe not a quick bit of passion, Tzak had all that energy that he was going to expend one way or another. In retrospect, it was probably actually a better idea to do it this way. Imagine a drunk Tzak, unruly slightly, and full of energy. The fights that might ensue for that matter, and the fights he'd probably lose since he was...in this condition.

Demaht would never forgive him if he got incarcerated or killed, and then...well who knows who might get possession of her. Tacky hat man might...and he didn't seem to like her all that much either.

Why, he had no idea. How could you not like Demaht?

"W-well...thas wha-" He went cross-eyed as he tried to look at her soft fingers, which pressed against his lips gently. "S'whurtahment." He tried to speak, but the fingers over his mouth was stopping him. All he wanted to really know was should they being this thing here or if they should maybe go somewhere more private. She answered that right afterward though of course and he went back to smiling at her. All his fears and what would have cleared the fog from his mind suddenly disappeared and he felt better.

"Where kin we go?" Though, after she shifted her hips he gave a small pleasurable shiver. Hell he didn't care. Just as long as it was clean of course. "Well my pro'lem IS 'cause of you so I thin' innall fairness y'should." He told her with a small grin passing across his face. It was pretty fair wasn't it?

Well.

Now here Nexus was left all along with a horny grey man and an equally horny Djinn. He would have gone the bathroom too but he felt no real reason to do anything like that. He should probably be careful shouldn't he? Ah to hell with being careful, there was something really bad that was going to happen in front of him. At least, something that was going to happen in this...Inn.

"Demaht. You tread a dangerous path. Your morning is going to be hilarious." Nexus slid on a ring inside his pocket. It was to communicate with Vec. Vec should probably listen in on this whole thing and give him some sort of...advice. Only he would be able to hear the voice of Vec, and for that matter, no doubt Vec would understand what was happening while listening in. Though he wasn't talking just yet of course...Yet. "You may not be making him drink or ordering it for you, but you're pulling all the strings Demaht." Then he just glared at Demaht for her little...comment at the end. "A Savaros can control their desires by occupying their time with other endeavours. Unlike a Djinn who apparently holds her panties together with a clasp." Of course, Nexus REALLY didn't actually think she was wearing panties for that matter, and if she was they probably weren't much at all to look at.

"Erm..." Tzak looked downward as Demaht slid off his lap, a large blush suddenly appearing on his face as he just stared it and coughed. He barely registered that she wanted gold. "Yes Dema...I wish for...som' gol' to pay fer...whatever it is...tha' you wanna get." He hadn't a clue what she wanted, but she seemed to know what she wanted it.

Nexus looked over to Niamh just as she arrived,a and then of course she was pretty much blushing and not going to look what so ever toward the couple. He couldn't blame her for that, it really showed the Tzak was quite a happy fellow right now. He was clearly quite enjoying this.

Well at least Demaht was going to have something to do, she was going to have a lot with Tzak's friend.

Tzak slowly got up, grabbing a pillow and covering himself with it, blushing all the while. "I bid y'all a g'night now...me'n Demah are gonna retire for'night." He slurred as he took Demaht's hand with his free hand, the one not covering his obvious enjoyment at this time.

Tzak and Demaht and went off toward the barkeeper to get themselves a room and Nexus sighed. Well. The morning would hold new changes for them. Nexus looked toward Niamh and gave a slight cough.

"You can turn around Niamh. They're gone. And yes...you were right. Please try not to rub that in too much. I thought Tzak would be a whole lot...more interesting to talk to but apparently...Demaht has a whole bunch of ideas." Nexus patted his lap and waited for Niamh to hurry over to him, and when she finally did he took her gently to sit on his lap.

"If I ever...EVER get like that Niamh...like Demaht, please just hit me over the head with something painful." He slipped the ring off though, putting it into his pocket and smiling slightly. Vec hadn't said anything, but he had heard the man sigh in a bit of disgust. "But we need to stay here tonight. I want to be here tomorrow for them. Tzak is a fragile man, he reminds me of you, and when he sobers up tomorrow...they're going to need help." Nexus wanted to help them. He really wanted to help them, or at least, help Tzak. Demaht might be too far gone for help, but Tzak wasn't. He could still be helped, and...for that matter...he could help them from doing something rash.

Alright. He could help Tzak from doing something rash. Demaht probably didn't care...but Tzak was being...well, he was being taken advantage of. He wasn't sure if he was being raped, because Tzak was drunk and he wanted this all to happen so...it was a grey area. Sure, part of him told him it was bad, part of him said otherwise, so he wasn't sure if he should directly get involved. Not yet. Wait till tomorrow.

"Is that alright by you? If we stay here till tomorrow?"

Rhindeer

Blah, blah, blah, that's all Demaht heard coming out of Tacky Hat's mouth. Looking at him again, she gave him a playful glare and stuck her tongue out at him. Stupid moral people. He looked like he'd be fun, but now he had to get all uptight and doom and gloomy. Jeez. "If ya hadn't noticed, he likes havin' his strings pulled," she told him, fluffing her hair. Blah, blah, blah again, going off on his moral high ground. Feh. All these people and controlling their desires. Where was the fun in that? People needed to not be so uptight. "An' I don't wear panties, thank you!"

Probably a bit too much information, but like she cared.

She did giggle when Tzak actually stared down at his lap and she honestly wondered, for all of a second, if he'd ever truly been acquainted with his little friend before. He'd been a chemically castrated eunuch for a long time, he'd told her, so she had to wonder. Still, he somehow managed to make the wish, and since he wasn't specific, she got to shape the wish how she saw fit. Holding out both hands, she conjured up two handfuls of gold and, since she had no pockets, she just shrugged and stuffed the majority of it down her top. So what if her boobs jingled when she walked now. She'd fill Tzak's pockets with the stuff later, and then he wouldn't have to worry about gold for a while, since he hated using her to make wishes for some reason. Bah.

"Good job. Now, sugar, let's be--whoa!" She blinked when Tzak grabbed a pillow, bid Nexus good night, and then grabbed her hand and took off. Whoa, indeed. Someone was eager. Of course, that was rather obvious, and she was rather proud of him for a few of his comments. Like her taking care of his problem. Heh heh. It was nice to hear him be so bold.

Even if it was just because he was intoxicated.

This was going to be a fun, fun night.

When Nexus gave her the okay, Niamh turned around, still blushing, and pulled her jacket around her a little tighter. That was when she finally opened her mouth, about ready to point out just how right she'd been and how wrong he'd been, but he got to it first. And her blush receded as she folded her arms over her chest and gave him a very smug grin. "Mhm. Well. Toldja so. There. That's all I'll say on the matter, I just wanted to be able to say 'I told you so' at least once, so there it is, I told you so. Alright, so that was three times. Still. I feel better now." Smiling, she approached him when he pa his lap. "Ideas? Hah. I think she only has one idea. Classy lady, that djinn. I knew djinn were no good. None of them are. She's poison for him..."

She shifted a little to help climb into his lap and get comfortable, then she leaned back against him...and smirked.

"I think I'd skip on the hitting you on the head part. You'd like that too much and you have too thick a skull, so I dunno if I'd be able to knock you out in one blow. I think I'd just sic Vec on you instead. That seems to be effective. But wow, still, I'm surprised. That djinn scare you? Because seriously. You hoping to never be like someone...that's not something I ever expected to hear from you." But she hugged him even as she said it, just to show she was teasing him.

Mercilessly teasing him, yes, but after everything that had gone down tonight and after being mercilessly ribbed by him, well, she had the right!

Then he was speaking again, and she blinked. He wanted to help Tzak?

Man, did the poor man need it...

"Well...it is kinda late anyway. Don't see where else we'd stay," she began, leaning her head against his chest. "But no...I don't mind. I think that might be a good idea anyway. But...Nexus...it'll be hard. The guy looks whipped, you saw how he sat in the ground instead of the chair. He acted like her dog more than her...lover? Are they even together? It makes no sense...it's a little sick. Honestly, I feel bad for him. He's under her spell, she's going to end up destroying him if he doesn't get away. That's just how djinn are..."

Then she gave a little yawn, relaxing. "He'd do good to just destroy whatever trinket he has that's binding them together," she said, absently tugging at the collar of her jacket to better hide her neck. She'd have to ask Nexus how long that would be there...

Even if part of her kind of liked it.

Ergh.

"So...yeah...I think it's for the best. It's not really our business, but..." She sighed. "I'd hope someone would be looking out for me, too, if I was ever in that situation. Not that...um...I ever would be...because I wouldn't get drunk and you wouldn't take advantage, soo..." Maybe they should have done more. But even if she hadn't seen everything, she'd heard it, and Tzak had sounded eager to go. There was probably just no getting through to him now. It would have to wait until later.

Maybe this was for the better in a way. In the morning, maybe he'd finally see the djinn's true colors and do the right thing--get rid of her.

---------------------------------------------

Soft early morning light filtered in from between the gaps in the curtains, birds were singing cheerfully outside, and Demaht was curled up like a cat against Tzak's bare chest and wearing the most contented smile she'd worn in ages. If she'd had the vocal capabilities in this form, she would have been purring like a cat as well, but for now she just settled for the cuddling, one arm draped around Tzak's middle to hold him close. She hadn't slept since Tzak had finally gone to sleep, didn't need to sleep a wink, but she'd stayed there through the night nonetheless. She hadn't wanted to move; there were few sensations better than the feel of bare skin against bare skin, and they were both quite bare beneath that blanket.

Well.

That had been something.

Tzak may have been drunk, things may not have gone as smoothly as they could have, but really, that hadn't mattered. After all, he was drunk and a virgin. It wasn't like she could expect him to have the technique of an incubus, and it wouldn't have mattered if he did, anyway, because she had gladly taken the reins and shown him--and told him--what to do. That was a role she was quite comfortable in; she was rarely ever passive.

For the most part.

And she certainly hadn't expected Tzak to last so long, either. Either there was something in the alcohol she wasn't aware of, or his being a eunuch for so long had fueled so many pent up emotions and desires that it kept him going. Oh, it didn't matter. Like she cared about the reasons. It had been great. A bit sloppy, but great. It wasn't like she had expected perfection...strangely, what mattered the most was simply that she had gotten to have him.

And she still had him now, naked and encircled by her arms. Just where she wanted him, right where she could keep him warm. The roaring fire she'd stoked in the room's fireplace was long since reduced to embers, the candles she'd lit little more than melted wax now, but who needed all that anyway? All he needed was her, right?

Smiling, she cuddled a little closer to him and absently brushed a hand through his hair, gazing up into his sleeping face. Maybe others had called him a statue before, but if he was a statue, he was a statue carved by one fine artisan--what the hell?

Demaht blinked at her own strange thoughts, her hand freezing in his hair. That...was weird. She couldn't remember a time when she'd ever felt so...poetic and cuddly...after a mind-blowing night of sex, never mind a clumsy but satisfying night of sex. Huh. Must just be because she'd had such a long dry spell. That was all. Yeah. Comforted by that thought, she continued running her fingers through his hair, just wanting to <I>touch him, a little anxious about him waking up. Hopefully he'd be sober. Hopefully he'd remember the fun they had, too.

----------------------------------------------------

Like any morning, Niamh was awake with the sun, but she didn't actually get up right away. She kept her eyes shut and the covers pulled up to her nose, quite comfortable, content, and warm like that. Light. But it had been a while since she'd slept in a bed. The hammock was nice and all and good for cuddling, but a bed...dear Vec beds were nice. Didn't have beds in the middle of the forest or up in the mountains, so this was a nice treat and she was going to enjoy it.

They'd probably be traveling again soon after this, and who knew when their next bed would be.

Besides...she also sort of didn't want  to move yet because she felt Nexus beside her, and if she pretended to be asleep, well...it was okay if she scooted a little closer to him and even snuggled into him a bit. For some reason, it was just easier to do that sometimes when she was "asleep" as opposed to awake. She was quite happy to stay like that, warm and comfortable and cuddled up against Nexus, but after a while, she decided it was probably time to wake up. Couldn't stay in bed all day, after all, no matter how cozy it was and how wonderful the company.

Unfortunately, she had a stomach that liked to growl at the worst of moments, like right then.

Niamh made a little grumbling sound back at her stomach and finally cracked her eyes open, looking up at Nexus and smiling--though the smile was hidden by the blanket. "G'morning..." she greeted quietly, voice a little muffled.

Anonymous

Demaht of course seemed like she didn't care what he said. Yeah, he really didn't think she would care, being a Djinn and all. They never really were ones to care about the words of mortals after all, they were about that sort of thing. "That's because he's drunk. I'm sure sober he would care." When Tzak had been sober, he did look like he had quite minded advances and her little flirting bit. Still, the man looked content at this time but you ne-bWah?! "I thought I smelt something fishy." Nexus said absently. Alright, insulting an all powerful creature, not the best idea but still, he really didn't like this being. She was as bad as Feris was really.

Ugh...Feris.

Tzak had never been truly acquainted with his friend actually. He learnt about sexual reproduction in school, and then told that only nobles were allowed the privilege of sexual activity. That's when he personally requested to be pumped full of chemicals to be a eunuch. He figured if he wasn't ever going to be able to have sex, then why let hormones and gaudy erections cloud his judgement. This way he could get things done without letting anything downstairs do the talking for him. As Tzak stood up he realized that she was stuffing money down her shirt and he simply gawked and blinked as he watched her. Why would she do that? That was gonna make an awful noise, what with her...chest being so...chesty and all. Her chest seemed to like to bounce even when they were sitting still for crying out loud! Not that...he really minded of course at this time.

Tzak wasn't really going to waste much time as it were. He was excited at the idea...mostly because he would get Demaht. His first time and it would be with Demaht none the less. Things couldn't go any better. He got...to have sex, and he wasn't a noble, and he got to have it with a Goddess! How many people would be able to say that after all? Not that he would brag about this of course.

No that'd be bad and wrong and it would violate the trust that him and Demaht had.

Yeah, even drunk he was thinking of their trust.

"Well that was a truly horrifying experience." Nexus really just said that for Niamh's benefit, as he actually didn't think that was so because...well he was Nexus. Bisexual and a sadist, so he'd seen his fair share of men and women naked. Still, Tzak was grey and all so that was different' for sure. "I thought that Tzak might have some control over himself, but he's infatuated with the Djinn. She has him thinking of grandeur, like he's her greatest champion and such. You have to wonder how many times she's done that to men." If they were like the Djinn from his world, probably thousands of times at this point. "The Djinn weren't always like this...at least on my world they had been nice. But they got cocky and tried to fight Vec. He didn't actually imprison them either, he kept trying to give them a second chance apparently and they ended up locking themselves in eternal punishment...I think he might have guilted them into it." Okay, Nexus wasn't really sure how the Djinn ended up in jewelry and such on his planet, but he knew Vec would never imprison them.

He helped Niamh climb onto his lap, staying still as she leaned back against him, his arms going about her waist and he placed a small kiss upon her shoulder.

"Heh heh, I think that would be for the best. We wouldn't want me to be like her and then aroused by getting hit on the head after all. It might end up badly for us." Nexus smiled lightly as he shifted, getting more comfortable as she leaned against him. "They're together. That guy will go to the ends of this land for her I'm sure. However she can't see that. It's odd. Usually Djinn are the slave...it leads me to believe he's got a weak will...and the way he fought...I wouldn't be surprised if he used to just be a mindless soldier of some sort...If only he hadn't challenged me when I ordered that ale..." Oh his drink! He had forgotten about it. Ah...it wasn't needed now though.

Nexus chuckled lightly as he moved a hand up to give her neck a stroke. "Now remember what Vec would say there poppet. All things deserve their life. They just need...a change in direction. I'll tell you this though, tomorrow morning, they're going to get it." And it wouldn't even start with Nexus intruding on them. No...Tzak would probably wake with a headache and Demaht beside him.

That would be their wake up call.

"My dear, if you ever got drunk I'd be the perfect gentleman, no matter how much one part of my body screamed otherwise." Nexus could actually understand what Demaht might be going through. The whole dry spell and all. He never believed in self servicing either, mainly because he could always go out and get sex one way or the other. "And Vec would probably blast me with his eyes for several hours if I did." And yeah there was THAT threat after all.

Vec was a scary man when he wanted to be.

--------------------------------------

Tzak felt something odd as he slowly regained consciousness. Why did his lower body feel...really good...but why did his back sting slightly. Like he had been attacked by a cat when he wasn't looking. Also! Where the Shadows was he? As he opened his eyes he was staring at the ceiling...there was...huh. It  was a ceiling. Slowly he let his eyes look about...a hotel room? He didn't remember getting a hotel room. Ugh. The light was so bright. He raised one hand to his face, the other one seemed to be trapped for the moment. Slowly he rubbed his eyes and yawned. Ugh.

What the hell happened?

All he could remember was...that...tacky hat man...Nexus he was sure...ordering a drink and...then they came and...he couldn't really remember much else. Just a lot of Demaht and...something about his neck. Something was wrong though...something just felt wrong. Why was it so warm and...why was he in a bed...and why did his head hurt.

That all came quite apparent though as he looked over and found Demaht lying against him. She was wide awake of course as usual and...naked. That's when he realized he was also quite naked for that matter. Then a few things started to filter back to him. A hand went to his neck...the hickey. He remembered the hickey...and then...jingling breasts and...Demaht was here in the hotel room with him.

They had sex. Images and thoughts rushed back to him in parts, but he knew enough to piece it all together. That's when he shot from the bed like it had been on fire, managing to grab his shirt to cover himself with. His face was flushed a very dark slate grey, and his head pounded quietly. Ugh. Couldn't the stupid nanobots take care of that? However he wasn't really focusing on the fact that he had a headache.

"You raped me! You filthy whore you raped me!" Tzak was sober enough that he got all his vocabulary back, but he only chose to use specific words of course. "What in the name of the Shadows is wrong with you Demaht?! You got me drunk and then you willingly made me have sex with you!!" Alcohol was now off the list of things he'd ever have again, and right now he was pretty sure that Demaht was also going to be off that list of things as well. There was so much anger and hatred he felt for her. He remembered that she hadn't actually said he shouldn't drink it...she encouraged him. She...she no. No she wouldn't have. But...from what he could remember she had...she planned this. She had planned all of this.

"What kind of disgusting monster are you Demaht?! I...I thought we...I thought we were friends and...and I loved you and...how could you possibly do this to me!?" Tears streamed down Tzak's face as he fell to his knees, burying his face now in his hands. How the hell could she have actually gone through with this? He was tainted now...so very tainted with her filth. She had...willingly done this all to him...orchestrated the whole thing even...Why? Why would she do that?

-------------------------------

Nexus had tranced much earlier on...and then like every other night, he simply got down into his skivvies (Which of course Niamh made sure was a pair of pyjama pants) then he hopped into bed with Niamh while she slept. It always started the same too. He'd get in at the very edge of the bed, then slowly slide his way over until she felt him there, turned about and just kinda snuggled into him. Oh he didn't mind that at all. He loved it when he got to cuddle and snuggle up to her.

Sure he'd be awake for a few more hours (Thankfully Niamh got up with the sun) but it gave him time to just lie there and...reflect on life.

Life was good.

Nexus had one arm about her, draped over her, while the other was buried under pillows as he simply watched her sleeping. She was gorgeous when she slept. So pure, so innocent, so...darn adorable. And she really liked to snuggle when she was asleep. Nexus had no idea that sometimes she'd wake up and just snuggle into him more, nor did he actually care because he loved it when she got close. She was always so warm and it felt so great to have her with him there. One day he'd convince her to just stay in bed all night and day with him. He'd figure a way...when they weren't so busy.

A straight noise broke the silence and Nexus couldn't help but make a small muffled chuckle, trying to force it back down.

"Good morning my poppet." Nexus leaned in, one hand moving to tug the blanket down as he placed a soft kiss upon her lips. "I trust you slept well?" She loved beds, hammocks were alright with her too but he was sure if he found the softest bed around she'd never leave it. One day he'd find that bed.

Then...something else broke the silence.

Yelling and sobbing.

Very familiar yelling and sobbing too. Nexus sat up quickly, swearing quietly. Tzak was awake apparently. "Show time Niamh." Nexus stood up and closed his eyes, concentrating. His pyjama bottoms turned into actual pants, a simple black shirt appeared over his chest before his trade mark jacket covered it. Socks appeared on his feet, but that was covered when he pulled on his boots and grabbed his hat. He almost forgot his belt, but quickly looped it through the holes and buckled it up. "I'll let you get changed now my dear." That's when Nexus kissed her once more, this time on the cheek before he exited the room...

And found himself running directly into Tzak. The man had pulled his pants on and stumbled into the hallway to get away from the bedroom. Nexus just managed to catch the man in time. "N-nexus?" Tzak's eyes were...reddish, his cheeks streaked with tears as he looked up to the large man. "It's alright Tzak. I'm here to help." Nexus murmured as the man pretty much just gripped his jacket, sobbing quietly. Nexus slowly lowered the man down to the ground, sitting beside him as he quietly cried.

"I told  her the morning would be trouble. I tried to help you Tzak, I really did...but you wouldn't have any of it." Tzak nodded quietly, tears still openly streaming down his face. "I just...I wanted to make her proud and...I wanted...her to feel the same way about me..." Nexus had seen this sort of thing before really...all he wanted was for her to feel like he did...but that probably would never happen. "I just thought...that she might be able to love...and feel...like I did without having to make a wish...I don't want to use her as a tool b-b-but that's all...s-she ever wants to use me as..." The master was actually the slave, and the slave was the master. Yeah, he hadn't seen this happen various times before.

"You can't even throw the thing that binds you two away can you? Even after this." Tzak looked down to the necklace, his hand coming up to hold it. "I can't...I...I can't. I want to but...I...I can't Nexus. I want to...b-but I don't. E-even after this." Tzak's voice was quivering, and he was talking in between quiet gasps and sobs. "She doesn't e-e-even...realize w-whats wrong with what she did I bet." Tzak hadn't stayed long enough to really hear her out. He had just grabbed his pants and told her not to follow him. He couldn't move really any further than this, or else it would be more than twenty feet.

"Tzak...we have to go talk to her. You know this much. I'll help." Nexus got to his feet, pulling Tzak up gently and then striding to the grey man's hotel room. He put on his best demeanour, the one he used to use a lot as a justice dealer. The arrogant one. "You. Clothes. Now. And don't say a damn word or I'll get Tzak to wish for you have no vocal cords." Nexus' voice was deadly serious as he walked in, Tzak was behind him, still weeping but not loudly anymore. Nexus shut the door, not locking it in case Niamh wanted to come in and pitch ideas about. More ideas than "Get rid of the amulet" thing of course.

"I don't know what you can feel Demaht, I can't say I particularly read up on Djinn from my world, but this man here, Tzak, he loves you. Dearly. He'd kill for you I'm sure." Nexus looked to Tzak who gave a small look that told everything. "Alright, he HAS killed for you then. This guy trusted you, puts his heart out for you, and course I'm sure you don't give two shits about that. Why would you? You're Demaht, you're above that, and Tzak is just a slave. Who cares about his opinions." Nexus had slipped on Vec's ring, hoping the God would be able to give him some sort of help or insight into this whole thing. "You've got to learn something. You're not a Goddess for one, and he's not someone you can just use any way you so please." Tzak just stood there, dumbfounded that this man as able to talk to Demaht like this...like he was...an equal of hers or something. "I've done horrible stuff in my life too Demaht. As a Savaros, I was created by the Goddess of Justice to be her right hand. I did horrible things never once blinked. Hell, I kidnapped Niamh twice and almost raped her each time. However, I'm thankfully installed with things like a moral code and guilt." At least that's what he was sure had stopped him those few nights. Plus she had managed to appeal to his inner person.

"But you. You disgust me. More than I disgust myself. I hate people who act all holier than thou, I hate people who take advantage of the weak for their own gain, and I hate beings who think themselves above the laws." Vec began to speak though, Nexus almost had to falter when he did. "Tread carefully Nexus and gauge her reactions. The Djinn are proud beings, and they are also very arrogant. If she does not believe she has done something wrong, you must show her that she has. Use the man who has been hurt, show her that he is truly...truly in pain. I can hear his soul crying from here, such an act of betrayal to his person...Oh I wish I could be there Nexus. It sings such a sad story to me."

Rhindeer

Oh! Tzak was waking. Or awake, rather. Her expression brightened when his eyes opened, and smile curving her lips. It was about time he woke up! Was he sober, though? Her eyes followed his hand as it went to his neck, touching the hickey, and she knew then and there that he remembered. Oh good. It'd be awful if they did all that and he didn't remember a thing. After all, she'd been his first, hadn't she? It'd be a pity for him to not remember his first time.

The dark color his face had turned was another indicator. Demaht's smile widened a little more, she stretched languidly like a cat, and she was just about to lean forward and give him a good morning kiss when--

Suddenly he leaped out of bed, grabbed his shirt, and covered himself.

And the first words out of his mouth weren't about how wonderful a night that had been, but...

"What?!" Demaht shot up in bed, the blankets falling off of her though of course she didn't care. "What didja say?!" she snapped. Raped? Filthy whore?! Her orange eyes narrowed to blazing slits, her body growing hot as she shoved the covers away, swung her legs over the edge of the bed, and stood up as Tzak continued. "What the HELL are ya ON?!" she shouted over his own yells, roughly tossing her hair aside so it fell down her back and out of her way. Well. So much for the afterglow. "Ya got yourself drunk. I didn't rape ya. Ya can't rape the willin' an' ya wanted it as much as I did, don'tcha remember a word ya said?! Now you take that back! Ya take that all back!"

Yet even as she shouted over his words, she couldn't really ignore their sting, and it was the pain those words caused that made her all the more defensive--and all the more angry at him. Disgusting monster. Friends. He loved her. His sobs as he sank to the ground while she just stared at him, impassive and angry. But he wanted it. He'd said he'd wanted it. Never mind that he was drunk! He ws sober now and he had no right to accuse her of that...

"I'm not a monster. Now stop cryin'. I dunno what you're upset 'bout! Ya weren't cryin' when we were screwin' 'cept in pleasure an' I wasn't a 'disgustin' monster' then, oh no, I was an' am your goddess. Ya just needa loosen up an' that's what I wanted an' that's what I got. Now knock it off! Not like I hurt ya!" she snarled, hands curled into fists at her sides as though she wished she could belt him one.

She didn't follow him when he left the room, though, and ordered her to stay. Instead she hissed a word in some foreign language that was probably a curse, spun on her heel, and plopped down on the bed, arms crossed tightly over her chest and eyes staring at the door so intensely it was as though she were trying to burn it down. Like she wanted to follow him. How dare him...

How dare him.

------------------------------------

Niamh gave a sheepish grin up at Nexus, though of course it was hidden beneath the blanket. She'd caught that muffled chuckle. Apparently he'd heard, too. Yeesh. She really wished her stomach could be a little more discreet...

Of course, that minor embarrassment was soon forgotten when Nexus tugged the blanket down, leaned in, and kissed her softly on the lips. Color rose to her cheeks and she averted her eyes for a moment before looking back up at him, almost shyly. One day she'd be able to tell him how much she loved it when he did that. One day she'd be able to greet him that way instead of the other way around. Eventually. But right now all she could do was clear her throat and lick her lips. "Yeah...of course I did. It was a bed," she said with a grin, and she stretched her arms over her head--and used that as an excuse to drape an arm over him. After all, her arm only happened to fall there when she lowered it back down.

She didn't mention that she could have been sleeping in hay and she would have been content if he was there.

"How about you? Sleep well--er, wait, you don't sleep. Trance well--?"

She cut off when the sounds of yelling and sobbing cut through everything else, and her eyes widened. What the--? But then Nexus was sitting up, the space where he had been growing colder, and for a moment she didn't know what the heck was going on until he spoke and got to his feet.

Tzak and that djinn...right.

Guess that was a sign that, indeed...she had gotten her way with him.

Niamh cringed a little at the thought, but was momentarily distracted from those disturbing thoughts by the sight of Nexus without a shirt. Scarred up, rugged...another Solisi might have been turned off by the sight. After all, they highly valued beauty, and Nexus was far from perfect. But that didn't matter to her; she could see under those scars and she also knew that at least three of those scars had been meant for her--but he'd put them on his own back instead. Plus it kind of helped that he had a pretty good body under those scars.

Her face heated up and she was on the verge of hiding it in her pillow when clothes started forming on Nexus' body. The blush faded and she watched in awe as it happened. That...always was so weird, yet so fascinating...

But then he was done, he'd kissed her on the cheek, and off he went.

Leaving Niamh behind in bed.

Sigh. As much as she wished they could have spent more time together all comfy and cozy and cuddled in bed, their first bed in a while...ah well. Ridding a man of his demon--and djinn were demons as far as she was concerned--was more important right now.

Crawling out of bed, dressed in an oversized man's shirt and a pair of baggy pajama bottoms, she rummaged around for her clothes, checked to make sure the door was closed and all was clear, and then slipped out of her clothes and into her tunic and breeches, fastening her belt securely around her waist. Then she pulled on her boots, ran her hands through her hair make it somewhat presentable, and rushed out the door.

------------------------------------

Demaht was still sitting on the bed where Tzak had left her when "Tacky Hat" and Tzak abruptly entered the room. Of course, she hadn't bothered putting on any clothes so she was dressed only in her jewelry and her skin, and it wasn't like she was trying to hide anything, either. She scowled openly up at Nexus when he not only had the nerve to order her to get dressed, but when that was also the first thing out of his mouth. The hell was he doing here?! And of all times, too. This certainly wasn't of his concern, Tzak was hers and it was her job to figure out just what the hell was going on, so what was he doing here poking his nose where it didn't belong? <I>And telling her what to do on top of it all? Oh, no one spoke to her like that. She opened her mouth, about ready to tell him where he could shove it, but then he completed his statement and her mouth slammed back shut.

No vocal chords? She glanced over at Tzak, who still appeared to be crying, then back to Nexus who looked dead serious. Er. Well. Maybe she wouldn't tell him where he could shove it after all.

With a small huff and a pout, she rolled her eyes skyward in annoyance and her usual attire was soon covering her body. Skimpy as it was, it was still more than just her skin. "Better?" she growled, drawing her knees up to her chest and resting her chin on her knees, arms encircling her legs. But despite her voice, she hardly looked tough or threatening like that. If anything, she just looked sulky and childish, like she was convinced that she'd been unjustly scolded.

Yet she kept her mouth shut even as he spoke though she was glaring up at him all the while. While she may have acted like she was afraid of having her vocal chords wished away, the truth was...she was actually kind of shocked. He...was talking to her as an equal. He wasn't talking down to her like her other masters and mistresses, and he wasn't placing her on a pedastal like Tzak. He was speaking to her as a <I>person, like he wasn't afraid of her nor in awe of her nor did he see her as a lesser being, a slave.

He was just telling it like he saw it.

That was enough to shock her into silence. She hadn't been talked to like this since...since...since she'd been around other djinn.

It didn't mean she had to like it, though.

And she didn't.

Her lip curled as she listened, especially when he so blatantly told her she wasn't a goddess. Of course she didn't understand the love parts, though she did have to blink when Nexus said he'd nearly raped that pale chick twice. And they were together? Huh. Odd. Still, she had to smirk. A moral code and guilt. Oh how sweet.

But she was quiet until he finished. That was when she finally spoke, though she sounded oddly...subdued. It wasn't something she had intended; part of her was still surprised at being spoken to the way she had been.

"He likes bein' used," Demaht said stiffly, throwing a look over at Tzak. "He asked for it. Everythin' he's done, he's done 'cause he wanted it. I didn't get him drunk, he did that himself an' he even told me to take care of his 'problem' for him, now he's just pretendin' to be all upset 'cause he can't blame his desires on drunkeness anymore! I just got 'im to loosen up. He needed it. Ya don't know a thing about us, 'Tacky Hat', but Tzak there practically begs to be ordered 'round an' used. He likes it," she hissed, defensiveness creeping back into her voice and her back stiffening. "An' I am a Goddess! I'm his Goddess! Ya got no business pokin' your nose where it don't belong an' as long as he keeps wantin' to be used, I'll use him! An' ya can't stop me. Ya can't stop him, either! So get out! Get outta this room now!"

By that time, Niamh had entered the room, standing behind Tzak in the open doorway. She just caught the last few things Demaht had said, and she couldn't help but cringe. No remorse. She admitted to wanting only to use Tzak. Just like the djinn in the legends...

The only way to solve the situation was to get rid of her. Djinn never changed.

"You should just get rid of the amulet..." Niamh muttered, close beside Tzak. "This is what djinn do...they use people, corrupt people, and eventually destroy them. You should just get rid of it while you still can." Out of respect for Nexus, she didn't add in her thought about destroying it. Nexus would just tell her Vec's line about everything having a right to life, so...well...just getting rid of it was good enough.

"Shut up, pastey bitch, I can hear ya!" Demaht shouted suddenly, rising to her feet atop the bed. She looked livid, her red hair swaying in an unusual way, almost like in an updraft. "Gods be damned! All ya people shovin' your noses in our business! Just go away, will ya?! This don't concern any of ya, so piss off! Tzak wouldn't get rid of me, anyway. He loooves me. Whatever the hell that means."

Niamh grit her teeth and turned toward Tzak stiffly. "Better yet, destroy the amulet. She doesn't love you. It doesn't look like she even likes you. What are you doing around her? You can do better--"

"Shut up!" Demaht yelled again, louder this time. "None of ya know what you're talkin' about! Now get out!"

Anonymous

What was that on his neck? There was a hand that didn't feel like his own touching his neck. Huh. That was strange wasn't it? He wasn't moving his arm for that matter...It was just...he wasn't sure what it was. That couldn't be his hand after all! Uh this was confusing wasn't it? he had to try to figure it out...what exactly could it be anyways?

He figured it out rather quickly though.

It was a horrible realization to come to.

"I said you're a filthy whore!" He screamed right back at her, feeling it really was quite appropriate at this point. How could she possible do this after all. "Oh really Demaht? MAYBE BECAUSE I WAS DRUNK! You never tried to stop me after all! You could have said no! Instead, you just did what you always would do! I THOUGHT I COULD TRUST YOU!" He thought he could trust her with everything he had for that matter...his life...his heart...that sort of thing...but he couldn't. He had thought he could as well but...she couldn't be trusted then. he had hoped she could...he really did.

She had stabbed him in the back. Taken his innocence for that matter...he prided himself on that. Now after challenging that man to what he thought would be good...he got ruined. He should have seen this coming shouldn't he?

"You are a monster! You're a fucking whore who thinks of nothing but herself! Oh Shadows what have I done...what have you done?! Why?! You...you slut! You whore! You disgusting monster!" He managed to yell this all between large sobs that racked his body and caused him to weep and sob continuously. This was so painful to know just...what she had done.

All to just please herself.

Why couldn't he have seen this coming!? It was typical Demaht.

"Just leave me alone! Stay here and don't follow me! Whore!" His pants were found and pulled back on, and that's when he stumbled out of the bedroom to go find solace in the hallway. He didn't know there was going to be someone out there who wanted to help him. He hadn't even a clue that Nexus and Niamh had stayed for the night.

Their whole relationships were going to take a strange twist.

-----------------

Ah he didn't mind hearing her stomach growl. He loved to cook for her, or in this case, buy some food for her. It was cute! So they'd go get some food, hopefully before Tzak woke up of course.

Ah, and kissing her was great to do. She was so...adorable when colour came to her cheeks. It made her just look all the more...vibrant and alive. His blushing little poppet. "I missed sleeping in a bed." He could remember more when she wouldn't let him sleep beside her, he had to sleep outside and on a couch and what not. The only thing he really wanted was to just be able to lay beside her for hours at a time. He never thought anything bad when he was there beside her...he just felt...right.

So very right for that matter.

"It was good of-" And that was when they were interrupted by the sobbing and screaming. This was going to be a harsh time and he would have to gather his wits about him...somehow he would.

As he created his clothes, he was blushing slightly. There was a simple reason for that too. He was...almost nude in front of her, and at the same time, he wasn't. He wanted to get covered up though...get rid of all those scars. There were only two that he was really aware of. The NS. The larger N had almost completely healed over, only a faint mark was left...you could still see it but still...it was just a bit faint at this point. After getting dressed and saying goodbye to Niamh, at least goodbye for a few seconds, it was off to go and figure out how to help Tzak.

Oh that would be just fun wouldn it?

--------------

Nexus didn't know if this was really any of his business, but he was going to try and make it his business. This had happened to him when he was so young...A woman had taken advantage of him and crushed him brutally. Of course his misadventure was divine intervention of sort, but she did think she was a Goddess so maybe it was all the same. Tzak just wasn't sure what he was feeling at this point when it came to her...Nexus was able to talk to her like it was nothing...and he couldn't ever do that. It would be horrible...he wanted to say these things but he could never ever say them. She seemed to even listen to him! How was that possible? apparently...the threat worked on her. That was strange.

She did seem a little...angry at this whole thing, quite taken aback by it all though.

"No, but it'll do." Nexus growled out at her as he crossed his own arms. She looked like a child, and he wasn't going to treat her like that though. Oh no. She was several hundred thousand years old and she was going to be treated just like that. He was much...so much younger than her no doubt, but he still knew just a bit more than she ever would at this point.

He was far from afraid of her, far from being in awe of her...it was just Demaht. A spoilt woman who was used to people either treating her like a tool, an object, or a Goddess. She was just Demaht.

"Yeah, but he doesn't like being used like this." Tzak said nothing. He liked being used but...not like that. "Because he's your champion. He couldn't lose to me. You got him thinking that he had to outshine me. It's horrible. He doesn't know when to stop." Nexus shot right back, glaring all the while. Why did they think his hat was tacky anyways? No time to think of that after all. "You don't think I couldn't stop you two? I could stop the both of you! Tzak was easy to take down, and if he dies, you lose your master. I could keep you in a pocket of space for all eternity." Tzak looked up at that moment, his eyes hardening for a moment. Now hey...he wasn't that easy to beat! Though it was best not to try and fight Nexus at this point...he was...he was defending him. "I'm not leaving here Demaht. Not yet."

Tzak blinked as he heard Niamh's voice suddenly cut into speak and tell him something. "I..." Slowly his hand went to the amulet around his neck and he fingered it, thinking about removing it and getting rid of it but...then he let go of it and tried not to think of that. He didn't have to get rid of it...that would be a bad idea.

There was more yelling...and Demaht looked ever the more pissed for that matter. She was angry, everyone was angry. This wasn't something he really was used to dealing with after all. Nexus just glared at Demaht as called Niamh a pasty bitch. She just did not say that. "You should learn what love means Demaht! It would make you just understand what's going on here!" Through this whole thing Vec had been oddly quiet...but he was no doubt understanding what was going on here at this time.

"Yeah maybe I don't know Demaht." And that's when Nexus heard a voice in his head, Vec's whispering to him. "Move over Nexus, just let your mind go, let it wander." and so Nexus tried to do exactly that, letting his mind move out of the way for a new one to enter. It was Vec's consciousness, a glorious power and feeling flowing suddenly through his body. He could...he could see everything at the same time suddenly, his mind reeled at what his eyes saw...and he started to move, but it wasn't him moving to bow to Demaht. Then a smile...an odd one that didn't feel like it had ever been on his face. One of content and serenity. "But I know what I am talking about. Hello Demaht, you may call me Vec Lanrete." That's when Nexus looked up, and his eyes glowed a heavenly golden, light streaming forth from his eyes as he gazed upon.

Tzak noticed this strange change in Nexus...he was...he wasn't sure, this man seemed to have taken on a whole new aspect. His voice had changed completely, it had become...well it had become higher and calmer. Had...had he been possessed? He had asked to be called this...Vec Lanrete.

"I am the God of Nothing, and I have decided finally to interfere with this whole matter. I do hope that is not a problem for anyone. Your souls all sing a strange and sad song, more so you my little grey friend." Nexus turned around, a hand going to wipe the tears from Tzak's eyes. As the golden light washed over Tzak he couldn't help but...stop crying...he felt better...wait.

A God?!

Of Nothing?!

"Demaht. I can not begin to apologize for your enslavement. In my world, it happened a little different. You were supposed to be our angels. You just...you would not accept our values, our morals, our tastes. Your kind never learnt the things we wanted you to be able to feel emotions. You learned only a fraction that you needed..." Nexus brought Tzak around to him to show the crying young man...or at least, the man who was slowly quelling those tears. "You abused your worshipper. He had so much respect for you, and yet...you went against that. This is a two way street you must understand. You are hardly a Goddess, close to it, but hardly. The boy does have desires, thoughts, and feelings for you that he cannot understand, but they cannot be rushed. As I understand this, he has so much respect for you, he treats you like YOU want to be treated." Who was this Vec? How did he...maybe he really was a God? It would explain how he could take over Nexus after all.

"And yet...how come you did not treat him the way he wanted? I am sure he made motions for you to know that this is not what he really wanted. Of course, deep down it was something he desired, but using alcohol to draw it out from him and force him into such a situation. Were you not taught better?" Nexus slowly closed his eyes, that smile leaving his face as he sighed. "This is why the humans were better than you Demaht. They knew better. They knew how to treat each other. Sure, there are those who exploit others and do dastardly deeds but...all in all...they know how to treat their brothers and sisters. This little grey one knows how to treat those who are not even part of his race." A hand ran through Tzak's hair as Nexus let his eyes open again, still glowing that soft golden colour. "You might want to pay more attention to him Demaht, if he still wants you to be with him. He can teach you so much, all humans can." Tzak dried his eyes, having just...run out of tears at this point. He couldn't cry anymore.

"I...still want her with me." His voice was quiet and hoarse, having done quite a bit of sobbing at this point. He couldn't get rid of Demaht but...maybe she'd learn to be nicer to him. Sure, she could use him at times but not in this manner. There were boundaries, and he thought over the months he had made them abundantly clear for that matter.

Rhindeer

"I know what's goin' on here! A bunch of nosy people are shovin' their snouts where they don't belong!" Demaht snarled. And when Nexus said that maybe he didn't know what he was talking about, a smug smirk spread across her lips. That was what she thought. '

She assumed that statement meant he'd given up.

It was Niamh that noticed the change in Nexus first, even before it was announced. Something about the way he moved when he walked over toward Demaht was...different. And when he bowed...wait, what?

Niamh had been on the verge of encouraging Tzak to get rid of the amulet more, but that froze the words on her tongue and she stared up at Nexus. Nexus. Bowing. To Demaht. She'd only ever seen Nexus bow once before, and that was to Vec, and that had been a far more reverant bow. This one seemed simply polite, a bow of greeting. And the look on his face...

"Um...Nexus...?" What was going on with him?

It was when he spoke that it became apparent.

What? Vec?!

And then his eyes started to glow.

Niamh actually took a step backwards and gave a involuntary gasp as Nexus...Vec...Vexus spoke, and it had to be the strangest thing she'd ever bloody seen. Nexus. Speaking like Vec, acting like Vec, being all wise and serene and gently wiping away Tzak's tears. She knew Vec was in control now. He'd...possessed Nexus or something, was speaking through him, and she trusted Vec but...still.

She hoped, after this, Nexus never acted like this again! Maybe that was a strange thing to say considering his usual behavior but...holy Mother this was way too bizarre.

Demaht on the other hand simply looked confused by the sudden shift in personality and attitude. She didn't know Nexus so for a second she didn't realize it wasn't him--at least not until it was announced. Then she blinked a few times before her eyes began to narrow again.

A God, he said. A God was now talking through Tacky Hat, eh?

"God of Nothin', hmm?" she purred, gazing up at Nexus--or Vec--through her eyelashes and offering a tense smile that was supposed to be sweet. "Well. Gotta say that title sure says how much I care 'bout ya Gods. Nothin'. That's what. It's different on this world but ya Gods are all the fuckin' same so lemme just ask ya, didja Gods ever stop to think ya gave us free will so it was our right to act how we wanted? Ya can't enslave us for takin' a gift an' usin' it! Everythin' we did was within the boundaries of that gift! The humans that worshipped us also made their choice! But nooo, ya'all wanted to hog the worshippers! Bloody insecure dungballs, that's what ya'all are," Demaht growled, turning her back to Nexus sharply, red hair whipping the air. She crossed her arms over her chest tightly and clenched her teeth together, grinding them together and trying not to listen to what he was saying. A fucking God. Right here. Kind of.

Possessed or not, it was too close for comfort and she didn't want to look at him or that light. nor did she want to listen to him. Whatever he was about to say, it was meaningless. Worthless. Emotions. Pah. All that bloody talk about emotions! She had emotions! What the hell did it--

You abused your worshipper.

Demaht actually grimaced when those four simple words reached her. And unlike everything else that had been said this morning...it was those words that actually hit home.

Something inside of her stirred, some distant memory, and Demaht's expression softened, the muscles of her face relaxed. Abused her worshipper? Slowly she glanced over her shoulder at the group and her eyes moved from Nexus to Tzak, who seemed like he was finally starting to control his tears, and her hands uncurled, her shoulders slumped, and she glanced away again. Oh...

She hadn't thought of it like that.

For some reason, those words struck a chord in her, dredging up an old memory of what things had been like before she'd been imprisoned, back when humans had viewed her kind as gods. She couldn't explain it and she didn't know why that simple phrase phased her so much, and the memory wasn't so much a memory as it was a feeling. Worshippers. Once upon a time, before everything had gone to hell, she'd had a lot of those. Things had been good...she'd been adored, and she'd performed "blessings" for the humans. All she'd wanted was adoration...and worship. It wasn't much to ask for what she did in return.

She liked those humans. A lot. It always felt strange when they died. She missed them.

She'd never been cruel to them.

That had started after the betrayal and grown increasingly worse as she got passed from master to mistress and so on and so forth. The first masters and mistresses had been the worst, for they were the descendants of those humans who had been around for that betrayal and they delighted in the djinn's punishment, in the fact that they could be so easily controlled. That was when it started. If she had been bitter and angry after the betrayal, it was in the early stages of her imprisonment that she actually learned what hatred was, and once she'd started hating she found she couldn't stop. It kept growing like a cancer, consuming her; it was hatred and the desire to hurt those that had hurt her that kept her going. Eventually, it was no longer about hurting those that hurt her; it was just about hurting people for being people, it became a power trip, a way of exerting control even while she was being controlled.

And she'd started to really love it.

She'd really lost herself somewhere among all those years...

Demaht didn't really hear much of what Vec said after that, for her mind was racing with old thoughts and new ideas. Tzak really worshipped her, didn't he? He did everything for her, everything she asked, just like her old worshippers had. Why hadn't she seen it before? She had been so intent on getting him to worship her, so used to people seeing her as an object, that she'd been completely blind to the fact that he already did worship her.

But she did snap to attention again when Vec said that humans were better. "Better?! HAH! Know how to treat each other?! Djinn have never had wars or genocide or anythin' like that! Well...'cept for when the humans got stupid...which ain't nothin' new! Like last night! Me? Get him drunk? I didn't. He got himself drunk. Tacky Hat practically got 'im drunk, he's the one that pretty much challenged him. I just played the situation right," Demaht snapped, turning around again and planting her hands on her hips. Her eyes had narrowed again, the softness gone from her expression.

"I've treated 'im nice. Even last night. Gods be damned, from the way you're all actin' ya'd think I'd hurt him! I didn't! I was gentle, he liked it, I made 'im feel good, so all of ya stop actin' like I hurt him! I dunno why he's actin' like this now..."

It was a futile attempt at remaining in control, to point the blame elsewhere. Yet, all the same...those words lingered still. She abused her worshipper. Why couldn't she get those words out of her head? Why did it...why did those words sting? Why did she care that Tzak was crying and why couldn't she bring herself to look at him?

And Tzak still wanted her to be with him...

Clenching and unclenching her fists, Demaht looked away again and stared furiously down at the bed. Fuck, fuck, fuck...

Anonymous

As Nexus could ever give up. Not when he had the whisperings of a God in his ear. Vec had forgotten to mention that the ring acted like a way for Vec to possess Nexus when he needed. Maybe he hadn't trust Nexus all that much, but he was sure that Nexus was going to keep himself in line somehow.

And really he had.

Now though it was time to have a little bit of fun in the body of Nexus. Vec always did enjoy just a bit of fun, and he was pretty sure he could help this nice young couple out. Oh it reminded him of Nexus and Niamh really! Just it was an entirely different situation at this time.

Entirely.

Demaht had done something that Nexus could only dream of...no...something that Nexus had dreamt of before but never again. Yes. That was correct.

"Not Nexus anymore dear Niamh." Vec told her pleasantly. Ultimately he had this look on his face that just really...it was a Vec expression. One that was almost as pleased as punch but serene as well.

Vec wasn't going to do this a lot. Probably not ever again. Maybe once or twice so he could council Niamh and see how she was holding up. After all, it had been so sudden when they left. Nexus had come down one morning, stretched, and said that he was going to shut down the store and they were leaving to explore. Vec had almost choked on his tea that morning. Almost.

Vec just listened patiently to Demaht as she went off on her little tangent. She was adorable. She was trying so hard. "I have no worshippers Miss Demaht. I am secure enough in my power that I don't need mortals worshipping me. In my world of course, I might have guilted the Djinn into chaining themselves. I did not take away their freedom, I explained that while I still loved them dearly, they were killing the new children. I am not here though to explain myself to you however, as I have no need to you. Remember that the world I come from is very different, our history happened in a much different manner than your own history." She was a feisty spirit, but what could he expect from the Ifrit woman? Her blood was enflamed with the emotions that made a spirit strong.

She really didn't seem to like looking at him though. She seemed almost...afraid for that matter. Did she fear the Gods? Maybe her words of strength were more for show, to put up a defence between her and the Gods. Fascinating. Fear of the Gods was the first path to Knowledge however.

It was an automatic response almost.

He said something though that hit her hard, as she grimaced when they washed over her and she felt the pain of them, the sting that they could bring to her...and maybe even the shame he hoped.

Tzak sort of noted this now too, but he was trying to hold himself strong. He was trying his best to be strong again. For Demaht. It was always going to be for Demaht however. That's how his life was going to be lived of course.

For her.

Vec continued to talk however, trying to incite more reactions within her. The good reactions of course. Ones of pain, ones of sorrow, of guilt and humility. However, she seemed to really be doing it all to her self at this time. He didn't need to punish her, finally, she understood, or she was starting to. Vec could only wonder what she was thinking in her mind, what was happening behind those golden eyes of hers. So he decided to focus. He decided to reach out his powers, reach out his mind, and let them touch each other. She wasn't truly anything, she was magic technically, created by the divine, just as he was at this time. It took a nice deal of concentration but he was allowed to see some things of her. She actually had feelings. Memories of days gone by, of people gone by for that matter. Then the sorrow and pain came. The betrayal. The Gods enslaving them and then being forced to do things for people, being passed around and used like an instrument, or a common whore for that matter. She was being eaten by her hatred, her desires to get back at those who had hurt her, but she could not. There was no way for her to truly get back at those people, and yet she tried anyway.

She lost herself in it all. Threw herself into a painful sea.

Vec just gave a smile and a small nod. "You look at the wrong picture Demaht." His mind receded from hers, his eyes glowing slightly softer now. "You are looking at the picture that paints a better light for you. I however look at a picture that spends millions of years. It is not even close to being complete either, and neither is the one that the Djinn paint for themselves. However, the one that humans choose to paint looks a whole lot more beautiful." It was cryptic, but even Nexus, barely conscious in his own mind understood it. Someone like Demaht should be able to understand that.

"You did hurt him. People do not cry unless they have a reason to. Look at him Demaht." Tzak stood there, he couldn't even bring himself to look up at either of them. He just felt so...cold inside. Things just felt...different now. Maybe things would look up however.

"Do you want to know why it hurts Demaht?" Vec asked as he stepped closer to her. "why you can not even bear to look at him?" Vec slowly sat down beside her on the bed, his hand going to her chin to raise it so she could look directly into his eyes. "Because it hurts you. Deep down inside of you, it hurts. You try to ignore it, try to throw it off, pretend it is not there but we both know that is not true. It is there." Vec spoke gently to her, but to Tzak it almost sounded like...heaven. She...she fe-felt bad a-about this? Was that true?

"D-do you," Tzak finally gathered up his strength, his voice was quivering still. "really feel bad about this Demaht? Does...does Vec speak the truth?" Vec silently chuckled inside his mind. As if he would lie about something so delicate.

Rhindeer

It was obvious it wasn't Nexus that was in there right then, but Niamh still couldn't help but stare, her eyes humorously wide and mouth slightly open. It looked...so bizarre, really, that it was Nexus' body and yet totally not his expression or his words or his mannerisms for that matter. Really weird. It was actually a little creepy, and she sincerely hoped it never happened again after this.

Especially not during a weird moment like--suddenly she blushed and reached up to fiddle with the collar of her shirt, tugging it up to try and hide her neck better. Dear Light. Hopefully that weird connection thing didn't allow Vec to, ah...know about stuff like that when it was happening.

That would be really awkward.

She quickly drove the disturbing thought from her mind, though, and focused instead on Nexus--er, Vec--as he worked his mediator magic. No need for her to speak now. He knew what he was doing.

Demaht only snorted derisively as Vec explained the differences between his world and this one, still unconvinced and still not looking at him. But she also wasn't looking at Tzak or Niamh. For now, the bed and walls were far more interesting. "I don't care, you're here now an' you're all the same, anyhow. Besides, this ain't your business," she snarled, grinding her teeth in agitation and balling her hands into fists. Finally she looked up and stared at Vec accusingly--though she was also conveniently looking off a little to the left so as not to look at him directly.

"Who the hell d'ya all think ya are, anyway?! If you're a God from another world, this ain't your world an' ain't your problem! Ya got no right to interfere! An' you--" She jabbed a finger at Niamh, who glared back at her. "An'...uh...you...Tacky Hat..." She gave a sidelong glance at Vec, who was of course in Nexus' body, then paused for a moment. Could the guy even hear her anymore? Ah, whatever! It didn't matter, she was on a tirade! "You're all strangers, even the God, ya dunno either of us! Ya were just drinkin' partners last night, that's all! What we do ain't your business!" But even though her words were filled with anger, they didn't carry the same bite as before. They were somehow weaker, less passionate--less certain. Vec's words had cut her and sank in to the hilt, and she was trying uselessly to dislodge them, or to at least change the subject.

But all she was doing was repeating herself, and she couldn't ignore what he said after.

She also couldn't help but finally look up at him, really look up at him, the anger suddenly vanishing, just like that, as her orange eyes softened. But then she looked away again and kicked irritably at the bedcovers. "An' how d'ya know what I'm lookin' at?" she snapped, though deep down inside she had an inkling of what he was talking about. And that freaked her out, honestly. He was a God, after all. She knew that the Gods could look inside you, see things not even you were aware of yet...

But she understood what he meant, even if she didn't want to accept it.

"Beauty is subjective..." Demaht grumbled stubbornly, and plopped back down on the bed, sitting on it indian-style and staring at the covers so intensely it was as though she were willing herself to vanish. Which she could have if she really wanted to, yet...something was also keeping her there. Vec's words were keeping her there, and the awful truth. People didn't cry unless they were really hurt, and Tzak was crying. Because she'd hurt him. Well whoopie, big deal! Like she cared...

Her shoulders jerked when Vec told her to look at Tzak, but she kept her eyes focused on the bed. Yeah, yeah, she knew he was crying...but she didn't care...it wasn't like it mattered to her...

It really wasn't...

Her body gave another subtle jerk as Vec stepped closer to her, as he sat down beside her, as his questions pierced her mind. Slowly she peered over at him out of the corner of an eye. Ugh, Gods be damned, it was true. Deities did intimidate her, and no matter how much she resented them, how much she was hurt by them...she did still respect them. Even love them. The djinn were created, not born, but the Gods were still like their parents in a way--and the djinn were their unruly children. When Vec's hand went to her chin to raise her head so she could meet his eyes, for a moment she just stared back at him as though entranced. But then, quite abruptly, she pulled away with a grimace like she couldn't bear to maintain contact.

It was mostly his words that did it.

"That's..." She trailed off. She couldn't deny it. She couldn't lie. But she also didn't want to say it. No, that was treading dangerous ground. She couldn't admit that, maybe, she actually cared about someone else--not that she did! No, no, it was all about her. She was all that mattered, the only constant in her long life. Caring for someone else was dangerous, because they left eventually, died, gave her away, or just plain turned on her. They were all inferior beings, what could she say? It was a waste of time to care about something that could be destroyed, something so weak, something so...mortal.

Even if they did do everything for her...

It wouldn't last. It never did. When even the Gods betrayed you, who could you trust? Of course, Demaht still didn't grasp that the djinn were as much, if not more to blame, than anyone else for that whole debacle. She probably never would.

But as Tzak spoke, sounding so hopeful and pathetic...Demaht clenched her jaw tightly, momentarily baring her teeth, before she finally snapped her head up and glared venomously at him. "Of course he does, ya bloody fool! He's a fuckin' God!" she snapped in classic warm and fuzzy Demaht fashion.

Anonymous

Nexus sort of...enjoyed being a passenger in his own body. Not to mention with Vec being there, it was just...different now. He felt like...at peace? No...he felt like this was alright, like it was the old days. Yes. That's what it was. This was just like the old days now. When Vec used to walk around with him on Heiroth...or more recently, on this planet with Niamh and himself being present while Vec helped their little troubled lives. If only Vec could have stayed with them...but alas, the God had things to do.

Still, he wished Vec had told him that the ring could do this and...well now he knew he wasn't going to wear it unless it was a moment that was really needed. Who knows what Vec could see and hear when he had it on...and...

If they were in the middle of necking and Vec decided to take over...

Best not to think on that.

"A troubled and lonely soul cries for help, a snarky entity as old as time falls into troubled times. If this isn't the perfect time for me to make it my business, I do not know what is then." Vec said simply as he watched Demaht, noting she didn't actually look at him, but more to beside him instead. Oh the poor thing. In the presence of a God and she was actually a bit humble...or was it fearful? She didn't know that Vec couldn't do anything to her, but at the same time that probably was a good thing. It meant she would still be a little bit afraid.

Vec's hands clasped together, still smiling his smile and still watching her carefully. She wasn't as convicted as before, she was becoming less and less. Words were powerful, and to a Djinn who ran on her emotions, words could cut a lot harder than any sword would. "I am sworn to help those in need, and Tzak's soul has cried out for help, has cried for justice. I am here to deliver help and bring justice." Of course it was not regular justice, this was more of his personal sort of justice. It was a lot different and a lot less...well painful for that matter. No one got hung, no one was accused (much) mostly everyone went away happy. He was hoping for that.

He chuckled quietly to himself. "How do I know? I am a god remember?" Nexus had his trump card, Niamh had her trump card, and even Demaht and Tzak had their own trump cards...Vec's however was the greatest trump card of all. It was easy, it explained everything, and he could pretty much pull it out whenever he really pleased.

"Beauty is universal, as is justice and truth." They were going to go back and forth like this for a while. It was going to be a while but he would get her to admit it. Then it would all be better. Things would hit the right road. She cared for Tzak, Vec knew she did. Djinn weren't this bad...they weren't too far gone yet. They were just...pure. That was the only way to describe it really. They were the children who believed they were the pure driven snow in the morning, that everything else was the ground that they covered. They just forgot that there were people who walked on the snow.

She was just a child in his eyes. Troubled, angered, selfish, arrogant, all the factors that made up a child. She had yet to grow an ounce from the day she had been created no doubt, from the time that they had been imprisoned in their lonely cages. The problem was that everytime a master came along, they never saw the potential. The master could be there to free them from their imprisonment. It was a quirky little thing, in order for the Djinn to be free, they needed the help of that which they hated most. The mortal.

Oh irony was fun sometimes.

Vec was trying to peek into her soul, was trying to look into the depths that were Demaht, but it was more like a man trying to look inside a mountain and ask "Why?" That just couldn't happen. He would have to be there in his real form to know what tales her soul might tell. There was nothing that could be done for her at this time.

That is of course...

Until Tzak spoke.

Tzak just stared at Demaht as she agreed with Vec in a less than friendly way. She did hurt, she did care, it...she...actually might know what it meant. She had taken something from him that he so cared about, his innocence in the eyes of his God. Or people. It was hard to say really.

"Demaht..." Tzak suddenly sat down beside her, his arms wrapping tight around her. Tears were still on his face, but they were less and less. That's all he wanted to know. That she was sorry. Vec smiled pleasantly as he stood up, his hands falling on their shoulders. "Now the right path has been found, forgiveness can start, and apologies can happen. Now if you will all excuse me, my tea is ready." Slowly the glowing eyes of Vec were disappearing as he stepped back, but not before Tzak thanked him quietly. All that was left after a few seconds was Nexus, holding his head and stumbling back to where Niamh was.

"That...will never be happening again I think."

Rhindeer

Demaht was still glaring at the lot of them when Tzak suddenly sat beside her and hugged her tightly, while she made a little "oof" sound and tried to look grumpy. It didn't work too well, though, considering the combination of his own tears and his obvious happiness, and after a small pause she looped her own arms around him and gave him a little squeeze. "Yeah, yeah..." she mumbled, still not looking at either Vec nor Tzak, but one hand was lightly rubbing Tzak's back in a slow, circular motion, almost like a mother trying to comfort a child.

She was sorry...and maybe she did feel a little bad about it. Maybe she'd felt a little bad about it right after Tzak woke up and started crying. She still didn't really get what the big bloody deal was, and her first instinct was to react with anger and defensiveness when he reacted so strongly, but there had been a little thread of guilt there the whole time.

Vec had helped bring it to the surface and had helped her accept it. Though maybe it was more fear than guilt? Djinn couldn't regret, after all, and she couldn't say she regretted what had happened. She didn't even know what that meant; what was done was done, that was all there was to it. But she had felt a little scared. Tzak had been angry; she'd never seen him like that. He knew that amulet could be destroyed, and it didn't take much. He could have easily destroyed her, or given it away, or thrown it out into the sea, and then she'd be locked away in it for who knows how long and who knows who would find it again.

He was the first person she'd come across in ages that had treated her with kindness. She didn't want to let that go.

Demaht twitched a little and glanced up at Vec out of the corner of one eye when he placed a his hands on both their shoulders, and she said nothing as he spoke and finally withdrew. She was still looking off to the side even then, finding herself oddly reluctant to look back at Tzak, though she wasn't sure why.

"...Er. So." She coughed and rolled her shoulders. "Ya done cryin' yet?" she asked, absently reaching up with one hand to brush a tear away from his face with her thumb. But even though the words were curt and her voice was low, there was just a hint of gentleness there, too.

Niamh had been quiet through the whole thing for the most part, more weirded out than anything by the whole...Vec possessing Nexus thing. Of course, it was good that Vec was able to sort everything out--the eternal councelor that he was--but still.

It was sort of creepy. Hopefully he couldn't possess Nexus at any time because...well...

Blushing, she swallowed and absently touched the place on her neck where the hickey was, then adjusted her clothes a little to raise the collar up. That would be so awkward.

"Um...are you okay...?" she asked as Nexus--well, she was pretty sure it was Nexus, the glowing eyes thing was gone and he was holding his head and staggering, and Vec had said something about his tea being ready. Didn't hurt to double check, though. "Er. I mean. You are Nexus now, right?" she asked, narrowing her eyes a little as though to better examine him.

She didn't want to hug him or comfort him or anything just yet because...well...she'd just feel really, really weird if it was still Vec and she thought it was Nexus. That was just...yeah.

She didn't want to go there.

Anonymous

Tzak was just happy to know that Demaht actually...felt something. Anything good for that matter. Not just her regular...way of feeling...but it was just...she felt bad about what she had done. Tzak seemed all the happier when she started to slowly rub his back, it felt good, it felt nice. Sure...Tzak was old, but in reality, he felt young. He'd never really been cared for, mothered, that sort of thing. His life had been about autonomy, being a sheep and going with the flow of things, doing what you were told, when you were told. However when he got here, it was different. You weren't told what to do. You had to just...figure out what you wanted to do.

Vec was really pleased with the outcome. Though...Nexus could sense something in the God's powerful mind. Sorrow. Unrelenting, pure, sorrow. It was the Djinn. Vec really loved them. There was no denying that. They were the first, even on Heiroth. The Djinn had been...so useful. They were given godlike powers in order to help the Pantheon, used to shape the lands. Then came the day when the Gods had to set them aside in order to focus on the lesser beings. Humans, Elves, Fae, Dragons, all the critters that scurried and moved with very little power of their own. Just their minds and limitless possibility...and the Djinn were up in arms against that.

Nexus felt sort of sorry for Demaht. From what he could tell, the same thing had happened here in this land.

There was hope though...

There was Tzak. A man who held no grudge, who held no anger to them, who saw her as just a person, one that should be treated fairly. There was no personal feelings for Tzak...well...that wasn't true. Vec knew there was

Tzak gave a small nod of his head as he sniffed a little bit. After she wiped a tear away he reached up with his arm and wiped it away. "Y-yes...I think I'm a-all cried out Demaht." His voice was still thick though, but it was sadness anymore. It was quite the opposite. She seemed pretty...how to put it? It was her usual attitude, like she didn't care, maybe uncomfortable, but there was just something nice about it for that matter.

Nexus was still staggering a little bit as he held his head. Ugh. All that power...it was a trip for sure. He felt like someone had hung him upside down for a few hours and then he was finally back to being right side up. Just a little dizzy for that matter. "What? Yeah, it's me Niamh...Ergh." When his head finally cleared and that strange fog was gone, he removed the ring and put it into his pocket. Alright, that would stop Vec from trying to commandeer his body once more hopefully. "I'll tell ya something though...that man is a miracle worker." Nexus grinned as he looked a that the now reconciled couple that was Demaht and Tzak. They seemed to be really...happy now.

Nexus slipped his arm about Niamh and grinned at the two of them. "If we're all done here, I think I'm gonna head down for something to eat. You're all welcome to join of course...Though Tzak you might want to think about drinkin' some water. Hangover and all. Your head must be pounding." Tzak looked over at the man and blinked a few times before shaking his head. "N-no. I've got...help. There's no headache..." However, he suddenly started blushing as he remembered he was only actually in his pants at this time. "C-can all of you leave now? I would l-like to er...g-get changed." There was a small silence before Nexus laughed, nodding. "I'll get some food set up downstairs for breakfast. Join us." It wasn't really an invitation. Nexus wanted to make sure they'd be alright. He turned about, dragging Niamh along with him to downstairs, finding an empty table to sit at.

"That was a dangerous game you played up there y'know Niamh." Nexus had a mug of black coffee in his hands, terrible tasting but still, it would help a little bit. "But it's over now. Thankfully." It wasn't long before Tzak joined them, dressed in his familiar grey clothing, though, he obviously had wished for different clothes because...well they seemed a little thicker and he had two layers. That had been...his way of saying sorry to Demaht, was wishing. He probably shouldn't have flown quite off the handle but...it was just the moment of rage for him.

Tzak took a seat across from Niamh and Nexus, smiling weakly at them. "Do they have anything good for breakfast?" That quivering note and stutter of his voice had disappeared as well. "Eggs, bit of sausage, toast and some diced potato. I ordered you a plate...I didn't know about Demaht though, so your plate is just gonna have double." He was pretty sure she didn't need to eat, but still, it never hurt. She could just pick off of Tzak's plate if need be.

"So what're your plans now? Where you two gonna go?"

"I...I don't know Nexus. Demaht...wants to show me the world...I got...I got seven years to live so I figure...she can show me a lot of things." Nexus had a look of bewilderment. This man knew when he was going to die? "How do you know you have seven years to live?" Tzak gave a small cough as he rubbed the back of his neck, his hand running along the golden chain of the amulet. "My...people have a built in sort of measure where...we die at age Thirty Five. That is when we pass our prime. So I'm...twenty eight." Nexus shook his head, muttering under his breath. That was fucking wrong. It really was. No one should willingly accept their death like that...

"Can't you just...wish it away? I mean, you have Demaht there...so you could just wish for immortality." Tzak looked over to Demaht and gulped. "I don't...I'm not sure that...I want that. Forever is a long time...but...we'll see what happens."

Rhindeer

Miracle worker...well, Vec was, there was no doubt about that. But relieved that it was all over as she was, Niamh still didn't feel all that right about the situation's outcome. Still, it wasn't her call to make, so she'd wisely keep her mouth shut for now, tempting as it was to say something. But looking back at Tzak, who looked so happy and relieved now, and Demaht, who seemed so tender right now, wiping away his tears...ugh, she just hoped, for Tzak's sake, that he either woke up and got himself out of a bad situation, or that Demaht really had turned over a new leaf in five minutes after who knew how many centuries of corruption.

Color her sceptical.

Niamh couldn't help but snicker to herself at Nexus' "invitation", remembering all too well what had happened when she had turned down his breakfast invitation at a tavern. Yeah. That had ended in her getting lasso'd and dragged away toward a forest, so she really hoped Tzak wasn't the sort to cop out of these things and if he was...she couldn't help but wonder if Nexus would hunt him down and lasso him and drag him around for a while, scarying the bloody hell out of him.

Probably not, but it was an amusing thought. Amusing because it involved someone else getting lasso'd and dragged around, not her. That wasn't fun or amusing.

She quickly wiped the grin off her face, though, and sobered up just in case Nexus understood what she was looking so amused about. He probably wouldn't, but even then it'd be kind of weird for her to just be grinning broadly about nothing, and it wasn't really a thought she was keen on explaining. It was best if he just thought she was still utterly pissed and disturbed about that whole thing lest he got any ideas or thought her amusement meant it was okay for him to do things like that.

"Ack!" she gasped when Nexus started dragging her off, and she nearly toppled over, but luckily caught herself and just stumbled a few paces before finally falling into step with him. Bloody clumsiness. Soon they had found a table, though, and she had plopped down beside him, sipping some orange juice. She sure didn't need coffee in the morning, she was wide awake and the light through the windows felt wonderfully invigorating. Plus coffee was nasty.

"Huh? Dangerous game? What, you mean what I said about Demaht?" she asked, glancing over at Nexus with one eyebrow raised. Then she just shrugged her shoulders and took another sip. "I don't see how. It was only the truth, and djinn don't scare me. Just the masters, sometimes, not that I've met any before this." She shrugged again. "Djinn don't have any power except what people give them, and people give them entirely too much." Another sip. "I still think she's gonna steal his soul."

Miracle worker that Vec was, she still didn't think it was right. The woman had basically raped Tzak, and everyone was just letting it slide? It was true that in the beginning Nexus was...well...he...he had made some threats and things about, ah, wanting to have his way with her, but...he had been psychotic then. That was different, and he was different now, and that whole situation was just a big mass of surrealism anymore. It didn't even feel like it had happened, really, kind of like a bad dream.

Blushing slightly as the thought entered her head that he still wanted to have his way with her, she gulped down more orange juice and tried to clear the thought from her head.

It was around then that Tzak and Demaht came down, Demaht dressed on her usual clothes and Tzak dressed in thicker clothes. Demaht took a seat next to Tzak and folded her arms on the table, still looking chastised and subdued, but her features also seemed to have softened a little. It probably wasn't too noticeable if one didn't know her, though. "Eh? Heh, I don't gotta eat, but that don't mean I don't like to. 'Specially if they got blueberries here. And whipped cream." She gave a meaningful look at Tzak, winking, and across the table Niamh fell into a spontaneous choking fit and had to press her napkin against her mouth and nose to keep orange juice from spraying everywhere.

Demaht gave her an odd look as she recovered, then sighed loudly and rubbed her head as Tzak and Nexus spoke. "Gods be damned, not this again," she growled, suddenly slamming both hands down on the table so hard it made Niamh jump. Scowling, she turned on Tzak, and when she lifted her hands off the table there were light scorch marks left behind.

"Ya fool, how many times do I gotta tell ya that ya don't gotta wish for forever?! An' how many times do I gotta tell ya that even if ya do wish for immortality, if ya hate it ya can wish for mortality again?! Damn! It's not that difficult a concept! Seven years ain't nothin', an' I wanna show ya things ya can't see in seven bloody years! But if ya still wanna die young, whatever."

Still covering her mouth with her napkin, even though she had since recovered, Niamh glanced from Tzak to Demaht to Nexus, eyes slightly wide. Thirty-five was young, and she didn't know how someone could so calmly accept a death sentence like that. Sure, everyone's days were numbered...hers were. But the difference was that she didn't have a set date. She didn't know when she'd die, or how. And she was glad of that. That...that would be terrifying, like awaiting an execution.

And damn if she hadn't been there already.

That...also brought up something interesting she hadn't thought of before. She'd die eventually. Nexus wouldn't.

Eugh. Hopefully he wouldn't take that too hard.

Anonymous

The two of them still had a way to go for now, but things had been mended for the time being.

Tzak couldn't hate her. He could be angry with her, but he could never truly hate her for that matter. She was still...Demaht and she was still...his in a way. Just like he would be hers, no matter what. Well, maybe not no matter what...if she continued to do this sort of thing...getting him drunk and raping him, then he would have to  really do something to stop her. Probably make a few wishes that would annoy and pay her back.

That would not be needed hopefully.

Nexus didn't think he would have to do...well...what he did to Niamh last time. For that matter if Tzak just decided to run, he really wouldn't do anything against it. He didn't feel like he would need to do that. Besides, Tzak looked smart enough that he'd come to breakfast anyway. He wouldn't want to lose....three times would he? The guy was too weak anyway, he was vulnerable at this time, so he would be here for breakfast for sure.

Oh yeah, he thought Niamh was indeed very strange for grinning.

Nexus forgot that she drew power from the sun, and didn't need something like coffee. He didn't...really need it either but it was just a zing that he liked. At least he found a good table that was right in the light. He wasn't sure if he just liked the spot, or if he subconsciously was thinking about Niamh. After all, she was trying to force that into his mind something fierce. Always about waking up in the morning, staying up until the sun went down, and then of course...going to bed.

"He's a fragile man...fragile mentality, and well...he loves her. You don't want to push Tzak. I've seen people like him before. Not...with grey skin but...people with his sort of mentality. They snap. He's a dangerous man on his own, but...with that Djinn..." It was hard to say just what was really going to happen though. Whether he was going to go on a killing spree, or if he was just going to...start using the Djinn to maim people and burn down towns that was a whole other matter but...if he wasn't careful there would be...well...Tzak would eventually get killed somehow.

"And why would she steal his soul? That's not what Djinn do either." At least that wasn't what they did in his world. They just tried to kill their masters and stuff like that. They hated people of course, most of them anyway. The lower ones didn't, but the Ifrit and the...the...the other ones, well they hated humanoids. "Never mind just...we'll see how these two play out. Things are still fragile so just be careful with what you say around them."

When they came down, Tzak seemed a little better. "Right, well, you can just pick off of his plate." His eyes went wide though when she suddenly said blueberries and whipped cream. Tzak just went darker and coughed uncomfortable. Tzak stole a glance at Niamh, who choked on her drink, and Nexus looked around at everyone as well. What in the...did..."I...see...." Now this wasn't funny. They knew something didn't they? About what Niamh had said...but...by the way that Tzak had blushed, it said otherwise. What was this all about? Did...they have some incident with...blueberries and whip cream?

Even Nexus and Tzak jumped when suddenly Demaht slammed her hands on the table and started yelling, or at least talking very loud. Tzak looked up at her, sort of shielding away from her in a bit of fright. She was scary when she got really angry for that matter. "W-well...E-ehm...s-seven years is quite a long time...F-from what I found out...there's just over 360 days in a year...24 hours in a day...that's a long time r-right? And! And! I-if um...I need more time before the seven years is up...then...I'll just...w-wish for more time." Tzak argued back to her, well, maybe not arguing back but just trying to...counterpoint her.

Nexus rubbed his chin as he watched the exchange. She was right though, that was pretty young wasn't it? But...this was his life. "I don't know Tzak. I'm seventeen hundred years old and well...I haven't really done or experienced a quarter of the things out that...and I'm rather debauched so I've done a lot of things, good and bad in my time." This could be the key though. If he got Tzak to wish for immortality...he could get Tzak to give Niamh immortality.

That had been a thought of his for almost...four months now. Every time he left the house, he couldn't be sure if she'd be alive when he returned. Maybe someone broke in, the Lumenari caught her, an accident happened and she died....they were realities, they were pains, they were scary thoughts. It was a horrifying thought...to lose her.

For him, death wasn't final really, but really...it was just a detour. But for Niamh it would be...well it final wouldn't it? He would...He would have to get her to be...immortal like him. With Tzak and Demaht he could make her immortal.

Rhindeer

Niamh sighed and rolled her eyes. "I don't mean literally steal his soul, but these djinn are like succubi. They suck the life out of you. Not...literally like a succubi, but they either kill you or control you or...you know what I mean!" she said, frowning. "I still don't really like this, but...I guess you're right. Like I said, it's not really the djinn I worry about, it's the masters you gotta worry about and worry for, but...right. Dropping it now."

And drop it she did, though with a fair amount of difficulty. She really wasn't one to keep her mouth shut, especially not about a subject she felt strongly about, but she also knew that sometimes that was for the best. She had a history of talking herself straight into trouble because sometimes she didn't know when to stop, but on the flip side she'd also talked herself out of trouble before because she didn't know when to stop, right? It worked both ways, though she really didn't trust her luck enough for it to work to her benefit. She had a history of wretched luck.

Still, there was a time and a place, and this was a dead horse. She was stubborn, Tzak was stubborn, and she knew from her own experiences that the only way for a stubborn person to learn was for them to either fail and fail hard, or for them to get smacked upside the head with the almighty hand of reality as she had so many times already.

Maybe Tzak was getting slapped around with that hand a little as they spoke. She hated that hand. It hurt.

She was just so glad no one said aything about the blueberries comment. That would have killed her. Thank the Light Demaht had to get all pissy, and her anger seemed to increase as Tzak tried to justify his views. Making a sound that sounded suspiciously like a hiss, she leaned in closer to him even as he cowered away, obviously not going to let him off that easy. Her orange eyes focused dorectly on him, unblinking.

"Three-hundred sixty-five days is child's play! Embryo play! Egg play, even," she growled, jabbing a finger at him three times for emphasis. "Thirty-five years? That ain't even a grain of sand in the great hourglass of time! That's grains of grains of grains we're talkin', ad infinitum. Even I'm young in the grand scope of things, an' ya know how long I've lived? Not even I know! I lost track! That's a bloody long time, Tzak, an' not even I've seen or done everythin' 'cause ya know what? The times change! People change! Everythin' changes!" Demaht ranted, pounding her fist on the table to emphasize her last three points. Niamh grabbed ahold of her orange juice glass and decided to hold it instead when it bounced a little on the table from the force. "Sure your puny twenty-eight years seems just sooo big right now, but time flies, Tzak."

Then Demaht turned to Nexus and motioned to him. "Thank ya! See, Tzak? There ya go. Seventeen hundred and debauched as all hell an' he ain't done nothin' yet. Gods be damned, Tzak, where're your survival instincts? Most mortals fight tooth an' nail against their mortality. I don't see why ya can't just make a stupid wish for immortality now an' just wish it away when ya get sick of it. Guess it'd be too smart to do. Feh." With an irritated huff, she folded her arms on the table and glared ahead at the table.

Niamh had been quiet the whole time, utterly still, but when Demaht fell silent she cleared her throat. Well, if he really wanted to stay with the djinn, and if the horse was already dead on that issue, she might as well be helpful here. "Um...well...they both have a point. I mean, I'm only eighteen, almost nineteen, so right now, sure, thirty-five sounds old, but it's not. Thirty-five is barely half of a natural human lifespan. Most people live at least until their sixties, maybe their seventies or eighties if they're really healthy and lucky, and it doesn't seem right that someone else can just decide your death for you. Past your prime? That's crap! Both my parents are past thirty-five and they still have a lot to live for and a lot going for them. There were warriors in the Lumenari that were in their fifties and they were just as good as anyone younger."

She shook her head and set her orange juice back on the table. "I know what it's like to be kinda iffy about the idea of forever, and I used to be okay with the idea of dying, but I dunno...if I was in your position, I'd probably make the wish. Maybe. On one hand, there's a lot to see and do, and...well, on the other, it'd probably be pretty crappy to keep living while everyone else around you dies. But I'd say the chance to get to experience so many things would outweigh that."

She gave an uncomfortable shrug, then laughed weakly. "Maybe my case is different. I'd just be worried about growing old and wrinkly and icky and leaving behind someone who won't grow old and wrinkly and icky or die." Then she promptly blushed when she realized what she'd said. Erk! That...sounded...like she really planned on being with Nexus for the long term. Quickly she dove to switch subjects, keeping her voice as casual as she could, as though she hadn't said anything unusual, even if her cheeks were still flushed. "Besides, maybe it's just me, but she kinda sounds like she wants you around for a while."

"Duh," Demaht grumbled from across Niamh, shooting a sideways glance at Tzak.