Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stone cold ways and fiery tempers (Rhi rhi banana phone!)

Started by Anonymous, August 29, 2007, 12:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"I do, and she's controlling him too. The only thing is that he really likes to be controlled. I don't know why, but he's a submissive, he's a rather weak one at that. Which really works because she's a dominant creature...though she doesn't know it, but he's got her wrapped around his finger." Nexus could see that, Tzak liked to please her, he liked to do what she said, but he was just playing a game. He knew how to control Demaht, the kid was good really. Still, just like Niamh, he was flirting with some disaster. Maybe Demaht knew, maybe she didn't.

"Good plan. We'll just...keep out mouths shut and let them try and do their thing." While Niamh had strong feelings against the relationship of Tzak and Demaht, Nexus was on the opposite side of the fence. Of course, he was still on private grass though, and he had to tread carefully. There was no telling what could be lurking in the grass for one, or who owned the grass. Still, Demaht and Tzak worked well together, but unfortunately he didn't really know if they could survive if they didn't learn a bit of give and take.

Ugh. That was just...scary really.

He was giving relationship advice! Him! Of all people! He was the dirty, naughty, and completely immoral person after all. And yet he was defending things like drunken rape and that sort of thing. Well. He wasn't defending it, but he was defending the person who had done it after all. In a way. While on many lonely nights as he was downstairs writing in his journal or reading a book, he knew that he could just go upstairs to Niamh's room and just...well...he could do a lot of things to her, and she wouldn't be able to resist him. He knew that he was messing with her, and despite the fact that she was adamant about no sex before marriage, her body still reacted. Oh yes. It still loved being touched, and deep in her mind there were sexual urges.

Though, he could never bring him to do anything like that.

He wanted to, he earned for being so close to her but...he had to respect her choice, no mater how much he wanted to just...to just knock her down, rip her clothes off and have hours of hot sweaty sex with her.

Tzak continued to try and just...get away from her, scared of Demaht. She was powerful, she had control, and she was really...well she was really fierce when it came to this conversation apparently. She really wanted him around, and that sort of felt kinda nice actually.
She wanted him.

"I just w-want to use the t-time I got. I...I mean I suppose t-that...F-for now I t-think I might erm...w-wish for s-something like...t-that I can't d-die till I'm t-thirty five, a-and then get i-immortality." That seemed kinda feasible didn't it? He could ensure that he would never die until he got to thirty five...and then...urgh, this was just a little hectic for him.

"Here's what you do Tzakky. What you're going to want to say is 'I wish that when I reach thirty five, I won't die.' That way you'll live till a hundred or so, and if you so want it, you can make another wish to stay young and immortal forever." Nexus told the man pleasantly, who blinked a few times as this new wish went through his mind. He actually...well he could do that. It means he wouldn't have to count the days and years so much...but still. He had been so used to the idea, it had just been...well part of his life. Well...

Nexus just shrugged, he wasn't going to push the man into immortality. This was a big choice after all, he would need time to think it over no doubt. Just let the man think it over. Still. He wanted...well he wanted Niamh to have the ability to live forever as well, just live like he did...well, Demaht lived like him as well, but just...well he lived a lot purer, which was kinda scary.

"It's a little different...on my world. Thirty five is prime, after thirty five you start to degenerate. It's...it's always made sense for me. I've watched a lot of veterans in my world get sent to the pits after their thirty fifth turning. Never really bothered me...but...none of you really understand death like I do. You've never seen it from my point of view." Nexus scoffed, leaning back in his chair. "I've died countless times boyo. Crushed, cut, burnt, drowned, fell off a cliff, put my hand into something that had sharp teeth, sliced open a creature with acidic blood...Ah, trampled by horses, a tree fell on me...every time I just come back and well...death isn't something you really need to fear my friend. It's just a new adventure."

Niamh had a time to talk, and he looked over to her and smiled a little bit. Then he frowned just a little at her words. What...did she just say? She sort of sounded like...they were gonna be around for a while. I mean, Nexus sort of assumed that himself really. After all, seven months of celibacy? If this wasn't a serious relationship, he'd have had sex dozens of times by now.

"I s-see. A-alright...alright just...s-stop browbeating me. Demaht...I erm...I wish that when I turned thirty five, I don't die."

Rhindeer

"A submissive?" Niamh murmured, blinking at his use of the word. but she didn't question him any further on that, even if it puzzled her. He used the word as a noun. Didn't he just mean that Tzak was submissive? And even that didn't make much sense, because Tzak seemed pretty strong. Even if he was being controlled. And yet he was also controlling her by being controlled? For a moment the idea hurt her brain, but then she suddenly remembered that, no, it actually made a ton of sense. She'd done that very thing with Nexus. He'd tried to break her, enslave her, control her, but she'd feigned weakness and, in turn, had manipulated him instead of the other way around.

Ohh...

Suddenly everything made a lot more sense, and suddenly she saw Tzak in a different light. So he knew exactly what he was doing. He was the one that was truly pulling the strings and, by making Demaht think she controlled him, he was actually getting her to do what he wanted.

Heh. Smart man. If that was the case, maybe she shouldn't be as concerned as she was about the whole thing. Especially since...crap. That made them sound even more similar.

That was kinda scary.

Even scarier were the thoughts that ran through Nexus' head, but of course Niamh was blissfully unaware of them.

Demaht only growled in annoyance as Tzak continued to be so...so...difficult! Just wanted to use the time he had left?! Well what about her?! Wait. Not that she cared, of course, but...fool! Idiot! Se opened her mouth, about ready to tear into him yet again, but then he seemed to change his tune. He was compromising, bending just a little, and Demaht raised her eyebrows and sat back in her seat so she was no longer looming over him. That...was better. It still wasn't very good, but at least it meant he wouldn't suddenly keel over in a few years, and while seven years was a drop of water in an infinite sea, it was still a good deal of time for a mortal, right? She still had time to further convince him.

She could deal with that for now.

Demaht smiled brightly as Nexus spoke, all sunshine now that Tzak seemed to be meandering over to her side of the fence. She rested her arms on the table, and her skin, though still naturally warm, no longer scorched the wood. That was always a good sign. The scowl returned, though, when Tzak spoke again, going on and on about his prime or whatever. Her fingers curled against the wood, nails denting it.

"Fuck this 'prime'!" she snarled, eyes narrowing to golden slits as she looked at him. "Fuck death, too! Ya don't gotta have neither! Ya can always be in your bloody prime if ya wish it! Don'tcha get it?! Gods be damned ya stupid mortals are so damned dense!" she hissed, slapping the table and huffing in irritation. It was true that she didn't understand death, though. She was immortal; she couldn't grasp the idea of only having a set period of time to exist, nor could she guess what it was like to know you only had a certain amount of time to live. She also couldn't see how anyone could pass up the opportunity to live forever if they knew their lifespan was limited.

It was foolish, that's what it was. Death was just annoying and inconvenient as far as she was concerned, what with one day someone being there, and the next day, well...they're dead.

Niamh winced a little at the outburst, but then she nearly burst out laughing when Tzak said that they didn't understand death, but giving the seriousness of the situation, she just clamped a hand over her mouth and held her tongue. Ahaha, yeah, she understood death good and well! She'd seen it up close and personal; she'd seen heathens--er, people--tortured and killed by the Lumenari. She'd helped with it, even if she hadn't delivered the killing blow or lit the fire. Light, she'd killed drow before, and there had been at least three times when she honestly believed she was going to die, and one out of those three times she had been completely prepared and accepting of it--like the first time Nexus kidnapped her. No, she understood death good and well, and considering Nexus had told her before that he'd died a few times in the past, she kind of figured he did, too.

Of course, she just never realized how many times he'd died, and her eyes widened as he detailed some of the ways in which he'd died. And then he said death was nothing to fear! Hah.

"Sure death isn't something to fear, but dying is..." she mumbled, glancing down at the table and shuddering a little. Though she was technically apart from her old religion, she still maintained a lot of the beliefs--she still believed in Mother Sun, she just thought everyone had Her wrong, and so she still believed in life after death, too. Besides, wasn't Nexus living proof? Well...he was living proof of reincarnation, at least within his own pantheon, but needless to say, it wasn't the death part that was scary. Niamh didn't believe that was it, that there was nothing after it. What was the scary part was how you died.

If she had it her way, she'd die peacefully and painlessly in her sleep when she was old. Ahem.

A small pang of panic struck her when she noticed the way Nexus was looking at her, and that he'd frowned. Maybe he'd noticed her slip. Oh jeez. Oh damn. Swallowing, a blush rising to her cheeks, she bit her bottom lip and glanced quickly down at the table, suddenly wondering if she'd said too much and if he didn't like what she'd said.

Demaht, on the other hand, got a surprise of her own. Tzak spoke then, while she was still brooding and idly scraping at the tabletop with her nails, and that made her jerk her head up and look at him not with anger, but with pure and unrestrained surprise, eyes wide and lips slightly parted. "Wha?" But even before her mind could register what had been said, already her magic was working, and Demaht let it work on its own, closing her eyes and just focusing on the feel of it flowing out of her and into him; it knew what to do, it was smart, and she didn't even attempt to manipulate or twist it. And so it went straight to the nanobots that were within Tzak, that controlled the deterioration of his body after a certain time...

It was over and done, just like that. Demaht opened her eyes and looked at Tzak, raising her eyebrows. She didn't know if he'd have felt anything, she didn't know if it would feel any different to have one's lifespan extended, but she didn't wait for his response. For a second she just looked at him curiously, wondering if he felt it--and then a second later she'd launched herself at him, straddling him in his chair and hugging him tightly.

"Finally got some sense knocked into ya, ya fool!" she exclaimed, squeezing a little tighter and kissing his cheek. "Idiot."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

"In terms of Sado-Masochism and Bondage, there is a Dominant and Submissive. The Dominant of course is the master, the slave is the Submissive. Putting it all into terms I know, Tzak is a Submissive, he enjoys pain and being controlled, while Demaht is the master, the Dominant, she enjoys being in control and causing pain. Sort of like you and me but...we're both unsure of our positions." Well...he really wasn't. She was in control. There was no doubt about that. Had he been in control, Niamh would have been de-virginized months ago. Instead they played this game which...Nexus would admit it was actually fun. Sure he never got sex but he was definitely testing her limits.

She had very strong limits.

But they bent nicely.

There were days when Tzak knew what he was doing, knew that he was in control, but other days he wasn't...close to being control. She had him in a grip, and he would do whatever she wanted him to. He was a puppy for her, and he would do it for her with a happy smile. He wasn't sure which he preferred...he liked being in secret control, pulling her strings and guiding her along to the way he liked...just...sometimes in order to do that he would have to subvert his own morals for something...different.

Give and take, that's all it was.

Just like what he had to do now, he had to give a little, in order to take a little. Demaht would behave better, and she wouldn't...try and get erm...her desires calmed with him. Of course, he didn't want her to subdue her desires with just another man...for some reason he would be jealous. He didn't know why but...

He would be jealous. Plain and simple.

"Could you watch your language Demaht? Vec have mercy it's like being near a sailor's bar." Nexus wasn't she he really wanted Niamh exposed to all this language. It was just a little...harsh really. Plus she was once more talking about something she never would understand. Death. That was too fickle of a place for an immortal who would never comprehend death because of her situation. "Y-you just don't g-get it Demaht. D-death is n-nothing to you. I-it isn't a real...f-finite thing. Y=you d-don't have to d-deal with something l-like that...b-but the r-rest of us do!" Even though he would know death to a certain amount...she just would see it as nothing.

At least she wouldn't really speak against that too much?

"Heh...killing something and dying is totally different Tzak. I don't think you truly understand it as well. I have a mild knowledge of it all, having died, but...I've never seen it as a blockade for me. If I die, I know I'll be back but...as for you, death is too much of a mystery I'd think. Are you going to go to heaven? Join your glorious ancestors and all your people there, going to hell to pay for crimes and punishments, or what is going to happen? Will you go nowhere? You can't be certain of awaits in your afterlife." The boy just had to rely on what his religion or his society told him, but he'd only understand death when he died finally. Then all would be clear to him finally.

"Why would you fear dying? Perhaps depending on the circumstances but...I do not fear the pain of dying. We are regularly tortured by our superiors to train us for dying...and for torture..." Tzak prattled on, perhaps hoping to get them all away from this conversation finally. Really he didn't...he didn't want to talk about it. This was just getting very uncomfortable and Demaht was getting...a whole lot madder for that matter.

Nexus watched her only for just a moment, trying to figure out why she was suddenly...becoming so nervous...but...he ignored it for now. It didn't matter. He wasn't even sure she had said anything wrong for that matter.

Something was happening...Tzak could feel it...inside him. It was like a tingling throughout his body. He could feel it, the change in the nanobots, or...well to him it felt like the blood was changing itself. He didn't know his nanobots were actually changing their programming. "A-Ah! My blood!" It was a short strangled gasp, for it hurt just a moment...but then it was over and done with and he sighed. "T-that was...erm...interesting. I think my nanobots...no they're there..." Nexus tilted his head slightly. Nanobots? He had nanobots? That was a word he hadn't heard in a while.

"How big are your nanobots? I used to have some, they were about the size of a red blood cell." Tzak actually smiled, this man knew about higher technology then! "Much smaller than that. They're about the size of an actual cell. They're ah! Demaht!" Suddenly she was on him, straddling him with her arms around him tightly. Okay. This he did NOT expect. Not in the least. He coughed embarrassed as she sat there on his lap.

Why...did this feel familiar? His face flushed in much more embarrassment as he remembered why. Bits and pieces of last night, through that drunken haze of his...eh heh heh.

"W-what could I honestly do with all of you ganging up on me?" The kiss on his cheek just made him smiled, though his cheeks where flushed as ever. This was so embarrassing. "Hey, be nice Demaht." Tzak chided her softly. "Erm. Thank you though." He actually leaned in and gave her a quick peck on the cheek before he coughed and decided to watch Nexus and Niamh. "Um...do you...have a wish that you would like to make? I think you both deserve it for...helping us...and me..." Nexus looked to Niamh for a moment. "That's...something we should discuss after breakfast I think." It was a good call, since not a few seconds after Nexus mentioned it, the food arrived. Nexus was right into it, first eating the rather delicious buttered toast, and then moving onto eggs and sausage.

Tzak's plate was...rather full...and for that matter he didn't move Demaht. She was...comfortable on his lap, he couldn't ask her to move. Plus he...well he liked it. At least focusing on eating would stop him from focusing on...other things. Like the sort of...happy desires. He focused on eating the pan fried potatoes and the sausages. "W-would you like to e-eat Demaht or...erm...are you h-hungry for...w-whip cream and b-blueberries." Nexus coughed at that, though a rather playful grin on his face. It had been quiet, but he caught it. "Oof, sorry, went down the wrong pipe." Nexus lied smoothly as he gently rapped his chest with his fist.

Niamh had said something about blueberries, and earlier there had been mentioning of blueberries...now it happened again. Maybe it was a sign. A very sexy sign.

Rhindeer

[Hope this makes an ounce of sense! Whee! xD]

"Uhm..." Niamh could only stare vacantly at Nexus as he explained what she hadn't understood at the time, but what she now really wished she hadn't asked about. The blush on her cheeks, however, showed that she heard and registered every word he said, and then she finally reacted when he said that was kind of like what they were. What the--! "Actually, I'm not unsure!" she quickly said, shaking her head firmly. "I'm neither! Holy Light, you should know that! Slave? Master? Causing pain? Receiving pain? Control? Ahahaha...no. Just no. Count me outta that," she said, hugging herself to repress a shiver.

That sounded way too much like...erm...the kidnapping. Where he'd called her slave and made her call him master. Eugh. No, a reinactment of that was not happening in any way, shape, or form and she certainly wasn't going to call him master or slave and she'd burn him if he called her any of those, too. They were equals. Not...that. That was just disgusting.

Whatever the case may be, she was sticking to her limits, and she was sticking to them fast. So maybe last night she'd let Nexus give her a hickey! That...that wasn't too bad, right? It was just a challenge to cover it up. Most people went all the way in a few months, and she'd been living with him and sleeping in the same bed as him and all they'd done was a little cuddling, kissing, and...ahem, the hickey.

Demaht only rolled her eyes at the demand that she watch her language, obviously intending to do no such thing unless Tzak wished her to have a clean tongue. Niamh only smiled a little, a bit amused; while she didn't curse unless she was under a lot of stress, and while she didn't particularly like hearing them, they certainly weren't words she hadn't heard before. She'd traveled with an army. A lot of people swore like, well, sailors apparently. She couldn't say. She hadn't met any sailors.

Nah, the swearing didn't bother her so much as the talk of death and dying and torture. Tzak had been regularly tortured? Her eyebrow twitched and she sat back in her seat, arms folded across her chest. It was a relief when Tzak finally just made the wish--which she had been hoping he would, because thirty-five was far too young, not even half of your lifespan. And, maybe, they could also get off this morbid subject.

Kind of.

Niamh jolted when Tzak gave that strangled gasp, something about his blood, and she quickly looked over to Demaht, who was only smiling like the cat that got the canary. She'd corrupted the wish. She was killing him. Oh Light! Maybe she'd made it so he was thirty-five now and then he'd die! For a few seconds Niamh could only stare from Tzak to Demaht, half waiting for Tzak to keel over, but then he recovered and...said it was interesting? Niamh released the breath she'd been holding and slumped back in her seat. Okay, false alarm, so maybe she was assuming the worst of the djinn, but it didn't hurt to play it safe.

And then Tzak said something that made both she and Demaht blink. And Nexus had them too? Or had? Nanobots?

"What are nano--" Niamh began, but she was cut off when Demaht pounced Tzak and wrapped herself around him in a way that was very reminiscent of the night before, clearly deciding that knowing what nanobots were was less important than jumping Tzak. Niamh cleared her throat awkwardly and looked down at the table, even if she did steal a few curious glances their way, but she looked up again when Tzak asked if they had any wishes.

Then she glanced over at Nexus curiously. He had something in mind?

Guess she'd find out after breakfast, even if she was dying to know.

The food came, and Niamh dove into it and used that as a means of ignoring Tzak and Demaht, who...were still wrapped around one another, even while they were eating. Alright, that was a little annoying, but she could ignore it if all they were doing was eating. Which they were. For the most part. It was Demaht that was the problem. Demaht practically purred at the kiss on the cheek, and she seemed more interested in watching Tzak than eating herself. She didn occassionally twist around to take a forkful of potatos or a bite of toast, but she wiggled her hips a bit more than was necessary. Ugh. After this morning, Niamh would have thought she would have learned if she'd really been sincere.

And then, suddenly, Nexus started choking and Demaht practically howled with laugher, which made Niamh jump and nearly choke on some toast herself. Swallowing quickly, she looked up to see what the heck she'd just missed, but then Nexus explained. O...kay...

It might have worked as an excuse, too, if not for Demaht.

"Actually, Tzakky-darlin', I'd LOVE some whipped cream an' blueberries!" Demaht announced loudly, still laughing and throwing both arms around Tzak's neck to hug him close. "Make the wish an' I'll whip some up right here an' now! Maybe Tacky Hat and Pale One want some, too!"

That made Niamh drop her fork, groan and bury her face in her hands, skin flushed. "Don't you dare say anything, Nexus, not a word," she managed through grit teeth, shaking her head slowly back and forth. This was ridiculous. That was going to haunt her forever.

"What, someone got a whipped cream an' blueberry experience, too?" Demaht laughed, glancing back at she and Nexus, idly stroking Tzak's cheek.

"Not a single word..." Niamh repeated.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

((Right back at ya...so tired...waiting for delivery truck...))

"It's just putting things into terms that I'm familiar with Niamh, that's all. This hasn't got to do really with anything like that. I know you don't like pain, but terms of bondage is just something I understand." Nexus sounded a little tired as he explained that, and he kinda was. She was acting pretty weird for that matter, and more so trying to seem like he was really weird. Granted he was but..."We're just ones who have no set control, we're good, we share control. Many couples don't really like to do that, so we should consider ourselves very lucky Niamh." He added in, trying to show he wasn't angry with her. In all honesty he wasn't, but sometimes she liked to press his buttons.

Though, if he really remembered their past together, he would remember just how much she was bothered by the notion of something like him calling her a slave and calling himself a master once more. Oh well. You couldn't really win every fight there, now could you? That was all the past really anyway. There was a bunch of nonsense back there, and a few good times, that's all that really mattered.

Well, he couldn't get Demaht to do what he wanted, but that wasn't a real big surprise. She was a Djinn after all. They did what they wanted, and only their master could tell them what to do. He however wasn't her master, and Tzak didn't really seem to mind her cursing. Nexus even wondered if he knew about the curses for that matter. This man was not a native after all, so maybe his curses were different? Maybe they were a lot more vivid and vulgar...

It would make sense. From what Nexus was piecing together about Tzak's culture, they were dominated by nobles, and for that matter, anything lower than that was expendable fodder at this point. They did experiments, they tortured people, it really didn't seem like a nice group of people for that matter. How come Nexus had never heard of them? And...for that matter...why did they have Feratul as a last name. Of all the names, of all the words, in all the infinite dimensions...it had to be Feratul.

Nexus didn't let that one bother him too much but still...It was a pretty big coincidence that he couldn't miss.

Nexus watched carefully as Demaht worked her magic, and Tzak suddenly jolted. One hand went to Niamh, who seemed like she wanted to speak out, while the other was spread on the table, small threads of power slowly leaking from his fingertips. If she was really turning the table on him, he could do the same and attack, maybe save the man's life somehow. Hit the amulet, throw Demaht off balance or send her into shock, just do something to help the man out.

However it didn't seem to matter really. Tzak was fine.

Nexus smirked a little bit, allowing his eyes to wander away from the two of them, give the lovely couple a little privacy, as best as they could get however from prying eyes. Still, he got his wish so to speak. Tzak was willing to grant them a boon for what they had done. That was perfect. He'd have his Niamh, forever and after then! Just...he'd have to discuss it with them...With Niamh. He wanted her around for that matter...immortal...I mean...it was hard to say. Were they planning on being together for a while? Nexus assumed so, or he wouldn't let her hold herself like this. Oh no.

There was no way he could allow her to simply...save herself and be in a relationship like this. It was strange enough already, perhaps even a little strained in some areas. They were in it for the long run. He just hadn't found the right time or place to propose to her for that matter...he would eventually! He just...it wasn't now.

Tzak smiled lightly, glad that Demaht was happy, and that everything had been resolved. He did however seem to really notice that Demaht was wiggling her hips a lot, but it didn't really get a rise from him, so he couldn't care. He just assumed she was being playful. HE dig allow her to take food from his plate however, which would be too much for him to finish on his own.

Well, apparently covering up for what Tzak had said didn't matter, because Demaht had decided to announce it to the world. Oh joy. That didn't really work out then did it? Crap. Tzak just seemed to blush and Nexus looked over to Niamh, ready to say something but then Niamh cut in with a rather forceful demand and he sighed, going back to stabbing a potatoes piece. Damn. Again, he was almost able to say something but Niamh interjected and Nexus crossed his arms.

"It's nothing bad Niamh! You just made a comment! I'm gonna tell them." Even Tzak seemed to be all ears. What the heck would a woman who seemed so conservative say that she would be trying to stop someone from talking. "All she said was that the day she liked pain was the day I could eat blueberries and whip cream off her chest or some such nonsense like that. It was just one of those...she'd never ever like it." There, see, everything was out in the open. Tzak just stared for a few minutes before shrugging. That was it? That was basically what Demaht had said...

"Demaht said something similar...I didn't get her to make any of course...and I'm still not gonna wish for them. We're in public after all...Er! I mean! Not that I would summon them in private of course! That'd be wrong after all." The thought had crossed his mind several times, and as he sat there now, blushing furiously and focusing on his food, he did wonder what would happen if he summoned a big batch of it. Probably best not to go into that sort of thing.

Apparently meal time etiquette wasn't on the menu at this time.

Rhindeer

"What?! No! Don't, Nexus!" Niamh yelped, snapping her head up and looking at him in horror, but it was too late. Out it came, the terrible truth, and her blush only grew a few shades deeper. Even Tzak looked interested. Niamh palmed her forehead and groaned again. "Exactly...I wouldn't ever like it, so it's not happening..." she muttered, hand over her eyes as though not seeing everyone else would lessen the embarrassment. But even while Nexus sounded matter of fact and Tzak sounded disinterested, Demaht gave a chuckle and grinned rather deviously. Her grin broadened at Tzak's flustered slip, and she laughed and hugged him.

"Well, y'know, we could all go up to one of the rooms after breakfast, summon a nice batch, an' have at it! Heh! I even got a nice solution for ya, Tacky Hat! Get Tzaky here to wish she likes pain, them BAM! Ya get your blueberries an' whipped cream a la her, 'cause she'll hafta pay up then, eh?" Demaht suggested with a smirk, idly winding her fingers through Tzak's hair at the nape of his neck as she spoke. Niamh's body jerked and she shot Nexus a sharp "not happening" look. She didn't think he'd do something like that, she trusted him with her life, but...it never hurt to be cautious!

Ugh...why did he have to say that? The result wasn't quite as bad as she'd been dreading, but she still didn't want Demaht to know! The woman was almost more depraved than Nexus. At least Nexus respected boundaries, while the djinn seemed to want to push and test every single one--not to mention she didn't seem to respect them at all, seeing as how she'd taken advantage of Tzak.

But the worst thing about the whole situation was that it did highlight how strained she and Nexus' relationship could be at times. Seven months. Seven months of enduring his debauchery. Ugh...the worst thing about it all was that after seven months of him and his suggestiveness, she was curious, but hell if she'd ever admit it! She had to be the strong one here. Her boundaries were uncrossable!

"An' as for you, sugar," Demaht said, turning to look at Tzak now. "Don't think I didn't catch that. What'd be wrong 'bout it, eh? Feh, if ya prefer, I could eat 'em off ya instead," she said with a smile, tapping him playfully on the chest before turning around toward their shared plate, picking up her fork, and spearing a piece of sausage with it. "But for now, don'tcha worry your pretty li'l head. For now, just say ahh," she said, holding the piece of sausage in front of his lips.

Niamh took a final bite of eggs before pushing her plate away. "I think I'm done." Guh. With all the talk of naughty eating, and with Demaht being all over Tzak like that, and with Nexus being right beside her, it was a little difficult to focus on clean eating. Especially since her stomach felt a little fluttery. Ugh. This sucked.

As much as she would never admit it, in some small way she was envious of Demaht and Tzak. Not envious of what had happened or of Demaht's behavior, Light no! It was just, in some small way, she did kind of envy Demaht's boldness, but it was in the same way she envied the boldness of other couples she'd seen, of women unafraid of openly showing affection for their significant others whereas she just sort of...froze up.

She felt she and Nexus definitely had the better relationship between the two, one of trust instead of backstabbing and trickery, and yet there they sat, side by side without even touching, while the more screwed up couple was more openly affectionate.

Oh well...

Anonymous

He was tired of being nice for the time being. He had done his part earlier, he deserved to at least say something! Besides, this was not that bad anyway. It seemed that Tzak actually had something a little more juicy on that matter, but no doubt the man would be too scared to actually say anything on this subject matter. After all, it seemed all this talk about eating food on people's chests was a tad risque for him. He probably would have trouble kissing people. Well...he didn't seem to have too much trouble last night but...that was a different story.

After Tzak's little slip he just seemed to blush even further, coughing uncomfortably as she hugged him. He also laughed, but it was nervously for that matter. "Uh what? No er...t-that's fine Demaht. B-besides I'll be full after all t-this food so...n-no point really." He really didn't feel like doing that at this time. Sure their dispute was over but he still felt...like he hated her for what she had done...just he had accepted it and...no wish had to really be made about it. She just had to be cautious with Tzak, test those waters and such, or else.

Nexus looked over to Niamh with an amused smile on his face before looking back to Demaht. "Don't think so Demaht. If I want her to like pain, I'd like her to like it on her own, without magic or wishes. Besides, what's the fun in both of us liking pain? Don't worry though, I'm gonna make her enjoy a nice banana split sometime in the future after marriage." Nexus had that debauched grin on his face, but Tzak just seemed to be confused by that. He probably didn't know what that was. "Y'see Tzak, bananas are a yellow fruit that are long and somewhat thick, they make them into an ice cream dish with whip cream and sometimes chocolate. Anyway, replace the banana with my own special banana and you have..." Tzak blinked. "A banana split with a penis...Huh...OH!" Suddenly Tzak's face just darkened even more and he coughed. "I...I see." Well then. That was a little dirty wasn't it?

Nexus was full aware of the strain. He was dirty, always dirty, it was his nature. He liked to be debauched like that, it was fun. However, he had to watch himself around Niamh. He knew that she wanted to have sex when they were married, and not before, but he was straining her just a little bit with his antics. There were times that he knew she would be willing to do some mild sexual stuff, and no doubt if he waited a little bit, she'd want to full on have sex, even if they weren't married. So He made sure to be careful with what he said for that matter.

With what he did. Anything could end in a lot of trouble. No matter how much he wanted it, he had to be very careful. He couldn't afford to blow this after all.

"C-catch what? I didn't say a-anything. Eh what? M-my chest?" Tzak dusted his chest off where she poked it and coughed. "O-off me? E-er no...no I w-wouldn't prefer that at all. I would just rat-ahhh!" His mouth suddenly shot open, taking the sausage and biting it from the fork, chewing it thoroughly. Nexus just continued to eat, watching Tzak and Demaht, while his other eye observed Niamh. "Really Niamh? Already? You used to love this breakfast." Nexus reached over and flicked Niamh's shoulder, that is before he leaned toward her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Drink something at least."

Nexus wasn't sure what he would prefer at this point. Tzak and Demaht had a relationship that was...well...incredible. While Tzak was a little bit scared of women and of sexual relationships, he had a woman who wanted it. She wanted him, and she openly told everyone. While he knew that Niamh wanted him as well, she didn't express it that much. A bit of flirting here, and sleeping with him as well, well, sleeping on him at least. Not to mention the kissing and such...hand holding, but she never really said much about it.

Still...he liked this. It was leisure. It was calm. There wasn't much pressure, well, there was a sort of pressure but...it was alright for the time being. It was just a little confusing. He would be careful though, he really would.

He just wished they would be more...physical. More touching, more hugging, more kissing, more wrapping arms about each other, that sort of thing. She was still new to this though...hell, he was also new to this whole thing, but at least he knew what it was that he wanted. He wanted more touching and such.

That would just have to wait though wouldn't it? He wanted Niamh to be comfortable, not force her into these things. "Anyway I think it's about time I told you the wish. Hasn't been discussed but ah..." He looked to Niamh for a moment then back to Tzak as he took a deep breath. "This is so redundant but I want Niamh to have immortality like me, just like mine actually." Tzak blinked a few times as he looked from Nexus to Niamh. "Oh er...hrm. I don't...think we should go through this conversation ahm..." Tzak looked toward Demaht for a moment before Niamh once more. "Just...think on it for now Niamh? We'll be sticking around with you two I think...at least for this day..." Tzak told her, really he didn't want to go through this whole thing. It had been such an ordeal just to convince him to not die at thirty five, he could just imagine what will happen with this conversation.

"Just think it over please. Maybe we wish it so you can drop your immortality and regain it if you change your mind once more. Gotta be someway to do it I'm sure. I just...want you around Niamh. I can't stop loving you, and if you die...well there's nothing for me after that...and I don't want to spend eternity without you." Nexus' face had taken on a look of ultimate seriousness, his voice was just the same at this point. He wanted her around, and he wanted her around for the rest of his life, which would be infinite. They could explore the universes, the realms, dimensions, their fun and adventures would never end.

Not while they had each other.

Rhindeer

Demaht only snorted and rolled her eyes at Tzak's excuses, but she didn't push him any more than that. He'd said no, and it was probably a little early to try and convince him to try out some naughty things. Of course, she realized that a little too late, but she still withdrew as soon as she realized it. Riiight. It was probably best to wait a while. He wasn't acting it, but maybe he was still pissed off at her, and she certainly didn't want to set him off again.

For some reason, she actually cared when he was angry. But Vec's words had also stuck with her--a Goddess didn't abuse her worshippers.

That didn't stop her from bursting into laughter at Nexus' banana split comment, nor at poor Tzak as he fit the pieces together and finally understood it. Niamh made a little sound that was something between a squeak and a strangled groan, her eyes moving down toward a piece of sausage that was still on her plate before she blushed quite deeply--though this time instead of backing down and trying to ide like she usually did, she cleared her throat, shot Nexus a level, meaningful glare, picked her fork back up, and promptly stabbed the sausage link through the middle. "Tchyeah, I'll enjoy it all right," she grumbled, right before she took a bite of the sausage with a little more force than necessary, one eyebrow raised at Nexus as she chewed it.

Hopefully that sent a strong message his way.

But then, right when she was about to swallow it, she almost choked as something else he said registered. The blush faded and her eyes widened. "Wait, whoa, did you say 'after marriage', Nexus?"

Was...was he thinking about that...?

The fluttery feeling in her stomach only seemed to increase, and she set the fork--and speared sausage--back down on her plate.

Dear Light, what was wrong with her?

Demaht shook her head and chuckled before turning her attention back to Tzak, lightly patting his cheek as he ate his own sausage. Mortals were really so dense. She turned and snatched a napkin off the table before turning back to Tzak and lightly dabbing at his lips with it, smiling. "How ya doin' there, doll? Ya full yet? Want s'more?" she asked. Yeah, maybe she was a little in "make-up" mode, but as she'd heard some mortal somewhere say, the quickest way to a man's heart was through his stomach. So maybe she could make him forget all about that...incident this way.

Niamh nodded at Nexus' question. "Yeah, I'm sure. It's good, I still like it, I'm just not very--hm?" She looked over toward Nexus when he flicked her shoulder, then promptly blushed when he kissed her cheek. She shivered a little for a reason she couldn't quite place--maybe because his stubble tickled a bit, maybe because she wished she had the courage to do the same--and then she gave a soft laugh and ducked her head shyly. "Alright, alright. Jeez, you sound like my mom," she said with a little grin, grabbing her glass and taking a sip of orange juice. Maybe that would help calm the butterflies. This was too weird.

She was still sipping at her juice when Nexus finally spoke up, and she set her glass down and turned her full attention on Nexus, while Demaht finally untangled herself from Tzak and turned around so she was sitting across his lap with one arm looped around his neck.

And then he said it.

Niamh froze, and Demaht let out a groan and buried her face in one hand, mumbling something that sounded like, "Gods-be-damned, not again." She clearly was not looking forward to another round of convincing stupid mortals to take the gift of a bloody lifetime--an eternal lifetime, for that matter! It would be yet another headache--if she could get headaches.

It seemed Tzak was anticipating the same thing, and Demaht lifted her head and nodded. "Yeah, 'xactly, 'cause I'm not gonna waste my breath convincin' yet another damned mortal not to die. We're not goin' through it again. Ya wanna live, just bug Tzak when ya make up your mind. That's it. Simple. Subject dropped."

Niamh wasn't saying anything, though. This...was too weird. After all she'd said trying to convince Tzak to make the wish, now it was suddenly turned onto her which...was certainly unexpected. For a moment she was speechless--but Nexus filled in the silence.

And what he said sent another pleasant chill down her spine, her heartbeat quickening.

Oh Light...

Without even thinking about it, letting impulse rule her for once, she rose out of her seat--but only so she could slide onto his lap and wrap her arms around his middle tightly. She didn't let herself stop to think as she brushed a quick kiss against his cheek, or as she buried her face against his shoulder, still hugging him tightly, fingers curled into his clothes. "W-what's there to think about...?" she asked, and was surprised to feel her eyes start to sting. "I mean I...I said I'd go with you, didn't I? I kinda meant it..." And he was asking her to spend a lifetime, multiple lifetimes, with him. "Besides, I...you know I love you, too. I'm not letting you get away that easily, who'd be around to beat you up and...one day I gotta beat you at grappling. Might need a few lifetimes for that. Someone's gotta rival your arrogance too, and...and...oh jeez. I need to shut up now," she said with a weak laugh, lifting her head finally and wiping at tears she was surprised to find.

"I think it's near my moon time," she said quietly with another small laugh and shake of her head, deciding to use that lie as an excuse for the tears. She didn't tend to think of herself as an emotional person--or at least, not a feminine person that cried at the drop of a hat. It was silly. She hated crying, especially in front of people. It made her feel weak and stupid and it gave her a headache, too. But for some reason she couldn't help it, and as soon as the words left Nexus' mouth, the emotions welled up and it seemed the only way they could escape was through tears.

For once, though, she wasn't crying because she was sad. And to be honest, she didn't even really care if she was crying.

Anonymous

Demaht actually seemed to back down, and that...that made Tzak smile a little bit. She was listening to him she was being...well she was being nice at least. Maybe something that Vec had said got through to her. Well that was good, even though she was throwing rocks into an already turbulent pond, she was just testing it all out. He...he could handle that...he was sure of it. Just as long as she didn't try to test it all too much.

Ugh!

Everyone making those dirty sexual jokes. At least Niamh wasn't, though Tzak noted for some reason that she seemed to get really...well he couldn't quite place it but she stabbed the sausage rather forcefully and Nexus seemed to wince. Under the table even Nexus crossed his legs over each other, and a somewhat nervous expression crossed the man's face. Alright so they had something there, probably a personal thing. He wasn't sure what but...it must have been dirty or had to be something like that then. Nexus just gulped and went back to his food, coughing uncomfortably. Now while he didn't believe she would actually...do something like that, it was still a little bit worrying. This was Niamh after all.

"What? Well...we might get there, you never know." Besides, she wouldn't do anything sexual unless she was married. Not that he was going to marry her just for sex, they had to be sure it would work out for them after all. Still, it was a thought after all. He tried to just say it casually, but really he wanted to. He had a ring idea all worked out, but the proposal.

Oh the proposal! That was going to be the worse part of it all.

He didn't know a good way to bring that up. Not yet. It was still early for them.

Tzak noticed that Demaht was almost mothering him, and he didn't...really hate that either. It was kind of nice. After swallowing his mouth full he let out a small content sigh. "No I think I'm full Demaht. Eh heh...thanks." Well, he wasn't going to forget the ordeal they had gone through, but he was going to go lenient on Demaht at least. She seemed to understand, she seemed very sorry, and despite Niamh's protests, she didn't seem like she wanted him dead. After all she had made him wish for a longer life...it seemed quite the opposite. It was good to know that he had actually...changed her. The woman who seemed to hate all humans, have a thirst for their deaths and their suffering and...in just a few short months he had changed her.

Oooh, a shiver from Niamh. That usually only happened when he kissed her neck for that matter. At least she didn't blush too much this time. Nexus wanted her comfortable with the amount of physical expression in their relationship, however tame it happened to be. Heh. He remembered their first kiss for that matter...pretty much broke her brain. Now she wasn't that phased! Unless he kissed her neck, then everything went out the window in that mind of hers and was replaced by good times. It was an excellent way to get out of trouble too. Nexus grinned right back her, laughing afterward. "Hey, at least I only sound like her and don't look like her right?" That would be one weird relationship right there.

Everyone was focused on Nexus when he finally spoke his wish, and it was like he had asked for something so taboo.

Maybe it was amongst this group.

"Yeah that sounds like the best idea..." Tzak agreed with Demaht. Subject dropped, if only that really worked. Well it sort of did. Tzak just went back to admiring Demaht, his face a little dark. He tried not to focus on what Niamh and Nexus were up to. It was a little bit of a sentimental moment but...for Tzak he was all emotioned out at this point. He just wanted to relax, that was all.

Nexus blinked as she suddenly slid onto his lap, her arms going about his stomach tightly and a quick kiss on the cheek caused his face to actually blush just a little bit. He really didn't...expect her to actually go this far. She usually just blushed a bit and got flustered but she...ah hells who cares. His arms wrapped about her and he returned the kiss to her. "I...I guess nothing really..." He smiled at her. "And I'd be welcome to have you come with me wherever the winds took me." His own eyes held a little bit of water at the edges. She...she said she loved him too. He had heard her say it before, but...right now, after all the events that had taken place...it just got to him. "Heh, It's alright poppet, talk all you want." This happened to her, her mind just wanted to say things but she just ended up rambling a little bit. He loved it really, it was cute.

"Yes, that must be it." Heh, near her moon time indeed. It was a lie of course, they both knew it, but he didn't want her to be upset. He knew that she didn't like to cry. Nexus learnt that lesson back in Cerenis, at the hotel. She felt weak when she did, that she wasn't strong, and he had to assure her that she was not weak. He held her though as she started to cry softly, his own tears silently falling. These were good tears though, they were very good tears. "Alright...T-Tzak...can you make...make the wish?"

Tzak smiled as he looked over to the two of them, stuck in their embrace with tears of joy streaming down their faces. "If that Vec fellow really is a God, Demaht maybe we should make it so she resurrects to him. Make it so her...er...soul travels to him and then her soul manifests her body where he is. Sort of like...a security system. Though...the body her soul makes should be...healed and healthy...think you could handle that?" Tzak asked her as he leaned in to whisper the wish to her. "I wish that Niamh is immortal and will resurrect if she somehow manages to die." There. That's all that was needed right? Demaht could figure out the rest. At least...no real specifics were needed.

Rhindeer

Was Nexus actually blushing? She thought she saw his face darken, but that could have also been a trick of the eyes. As for herself, she was more surprised that she really wasn't blushing as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her back, nor did she care that she was sitting in his lap--and that she'd put herself there. Granted, she wasn't straddling him or anything like Demaht seemed to like to do to Tzak; she was just sitting sideways across his lap with her arms around his middle, ever mindful of his neck. She smiled as he spoke, sniffling quietly, and when she sat up to wipe at her eyes and make that excuse about her moon time, it was shortly after that that she noticed it.

Nexus was crying?

That surprised her so much that her own tears stilled, and with a soft laugh, still forcing herself not to think and to just feel, she reached up to brush his tears away. "You, however, don't have an excuse," she teased before hugging him again. "Unless there's something you haven't told me."

Seeing him of all people get a little weepy actually made her feel better about it, and right now she was just enjoying. This felt good, being able to be open like this, being able to surprise him for a change, and for the moment she didn't care if other people saw. His words had struck a chord in her...it wasn't like she hadn't heard him tell her he loved her before, and even then it made her feel strangely giddy. But the way he said it...she hugged him a little tighter.

That is, until her brain finally started to work again and what was about to happen finally sank in.

What's there to think about? When Nexus told Tzak to make the wish and Tzak started to speak to Demaht, who nodded and smirked as she watched the emotional couple amusedly, suddenly Niamh had a lot to think about.

...Demaht.

"Ah, sure, that's easy enough, Tzaky," Demaht said, waving her hand. "Sure hope he really is a God, 'cause this'll be weird otherwise!" She grinned as Tzak leaned in and whispered the wish, and the second he said "I wish" the magic already started to take action. She knew what Tzak wanted, the magic knew what he wanted and what needed to be done...

Waitaminute! Duh Niamh! Demaht was the wish granter! The freakin' djinn! The freakin' djinn she'd basically said needed to die! Gaaah! She'd gotten so caught up in the mush and warm and fuzzy feelings that she'd completely forgotten just how her immortality would have to be granted. Niamh jerked upright, eyes wide. "W-whoa wait!" she gasped, but it was too late.

Demaht grinned over at Niamh, a rather sly smile. "Wish granted," she purred, drawing the words out, and Niamh gulped. She didn't like that smile. Still, she was alive. That was reassuring, though...she couldn't say she felt any different. "You'll live forever an' when ya die you'll resurrect, but ya won't stop agin'. Eventually you'll start to rot until you're just a an animated skeleton, but once your tendons an' ligaments rot away, well...movin' will be kinda hard, won't it? An' forget your love life, unless snuggle-muffin likes necrophilia," she said, still smiling, while Niamh paled and stared at Demaht, utterly rigid and speechless.

And then Demaht burst out laughing. "Heh heh, gotcha! Naw, you'll stay young an' pretty forever. If ya like pale boobless chicks I guess. I could do somethin' 'bout that, y'know. Can't make ya as hot as me, no one is, but I could give ya a li'l paddin', a little color, if ya know what I--"

"...Er...I'll pass, thanks," Niamh said, slumping against Nexus in relief and letting out a low sigh. Good grief. Boobless? She had boobs! She wasn't gonna be knocking anyone over or having any trouble finding clothes that fit or having any back pains and she was glad of that! And pale? She was supposed to be that way! Her eyebrow twitched in annoyance when Demaht laughed again, but she sat up, set her face into a neutral expression--she hoped--and looked back to the djinn.

"So, um...I seriously can't die now?" Niamh asked, and Demaht nodded, still smirking.

"Oh, ya can die, but you'll resurrect. You'll pop up 'round that Vec guy if ya get offed, so I wouldn't go 'round experimentin' or nothin'. It'd prob'ly be awkward to be bathin' an' have a dead chick pop up in the tub with ya," Demaht said with a wry grin, and Niamh quickly looked away from the knife she'd been eyeing curiously, coughed, and straightened. That was not a mental image she wanted in her mind! Eugh! She rubbed at her left temple.

"Duly noted. Not like I plan on doing anything stupid, anyway. There's always the chance that it won't work." When Demaht's eyes narrowed dangerously, Niamh threw her hands up and shook her head. "Kidding, kidding! I'm just saying I hope I never actually, er, die. It's kinda bizarre, and I'm not a fan of pain. Dying tends to involve pain."

Demaht muttered something that sounded suspiciously like wanting to show her pain, but a second later and she was all smiles and sunshine again. "I wouldn't know. Never died. Can't feel pain. S'all good. Anyway, it's the least I could do since you two did somewhat help knock some sense into Tzak's little pebble brain," she said with a chuckle while reaching up to gently knock on Tzak's head before ruffling his hair playfully. She liked playing with his hair, she found. Hrmph. Guess she was a hair person. "Anyhoo! Guess that's that! That was easier'n I thought it'd be. Glad that at least one mortal has a shred o' sense."

Niamh managed to chuckle, finally relaxing--though she now also felt a little embarrassed about sitting on Nexus' lap like this. Part of her wanted to move back to her seat and escape, but the stubborn part of her--and the part that secretly liked this--forced her to remain where she was. "Thank you, Tzak, Demaht...seriously. And, um...Demaht? Er...sorry about some of the stuff I said."

Demaht shrugged and gave a dismissive, regal wave. "Whatever. Now...who's up for blueberries an' whipped cream?!"

Niamh palmed her forehead and sighed. Some things never changed, she supposed.

Anonymous

Emotions were running wild here, and even Nexus had to admit that he felt them.

That's all yesterday and today had been. Emotional. Last night was full of passion, and not just from Tzak and Demaht too, but he and Niamh had a little bit of passion for that matter too. Plus there was the love during the night, where they slept together...of course not sexually but still, it had been nice. Then...well anger...not just normal anger either. It had been the furious and pure rage to say the least. It was a righteous rage though, not anything too bad, but still...they were powerful emotions...now though!

Now things were starting to look better for everyone.

While she brushed his tears away he reached a hand up to grasp hers, kissing the palm gently before she suddenly hugged him. "I don't r-really need an excuse b-but now that you mention it," Nexus shifted just a little bit and tried to clear his tears away a little bit. "I'm sitting on a tack actually." Nexus joked right back but then stuck his tongue out. "These are tears of extreme pleasure, that's all." Well if she wanted to be a joker than he could too!

At least...at least they didn't look weak right? Even Demaht kept her mouth shut, which really was probably the best thing for now. Demaht tended to be blunt, but at least her experiences this morning were going to keep her quiet. He really didn't want to have to deal with her adding her own two coppers.

"Well I guess we have to have faith Demaht." Hopefully the guy was a god, or else there were going to be some interesting times for all of them. Tzak trusted Demaht as well to make this wish go accordingly, instead of turning it into something that would end up horrible. Oh if she did that there would be so much trouble.

"Just relax poppet." Nexus murmured as he held her, waiting for the wish to be done. Whatever Tzak whispered to Demaht, he hoped it was the wish and it was proper, that it would work the way they wanted it to.

Hope.

There was a lot of that going around lately.

Nexus blinked as Demaht started talking again, a sort of strangled choking sound. At that moment, threads were forming from his finger tips, ones that were going to grow larger. Even Tzak looked shocked, ready to resend that order immediately. That had NOT been what he meant. That is...of course till Demaht laughed and he sighed, shaking his head. "That wasn't nice Demaht, you know that. He also then blushed a little bit at her comment about Niamh's breasts.

"Go around changing Niamh? I don't think so. She may not have breasts like you Demaht, but damned if I'm not gonna enjoy them anyway." The strings of power disappeared from his fingers but he wrapped his arms almost protectively around Niamh. "As for her being pale, there ain't nothing sexier than a woman with perfect skin like Niamh." Tzak coughed, looking toward Demaht for a moment. "At least all the women here have varying skin colours...on my planet everyone was just...er...grey." Maybe that was something about Demaht.

She was very colourful. Not just in terms of what she looked like either, but her mannerisms as well. People did not act like her in his world...maybe some of the nobles but...

She was really a whole lot different, and he loved that.

"I don't know if Vec actually bathes though. I think he just...is naturally clean. I mean...I know he takes bath but I think they're just so he can relax." It was difficult to say with Vec, he was a strange man. The man only smelled proper and...well sweet smells usually. It was hard to say.

"Eh heh...hey now...I made the choice mostly on my own." Tzak gave a frown as she knocked on his head and then ruffled his hair. Bah! He hated when she did that! It was so hard to comb his hair, and yet she just seemed to mess it all back up again. It wasn't fair, he wasn't perfect like she was, she never had a hair out of place it seemed, and she always was able to maintain herself so well. Then again she was made of that...magic and what not, while he didn't have that luxury...Of course he could just wish for it but...there wasn't really a need for that.

He didnt' want to seem vain after all.

"Yeah, I'm glad I found the smart one." Nexus remarked as he hugged Niamh a little tighter. AH he loved this woman! "Hey...I just...don't see immortality...ah forget it." Tzak didn't care. He coughed and blushed however as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Um...huh. Er no, I'm too full to eat...eh heh." Nexus only smiled at Tzak's stuttered remark. He could eat but...probably wasn't the best idea right now.

Damn too, Tzak and Demaht might be fun little partners to have around in the sack. Well. Demaht anyway.

Rhindeer

Well, it was sure a good thing that Demaht had just been kidding because, seriously...Nexus had looked about ready to try and take her out. That could have been potentially very messy, so that was a crisis averted. Not to mention she was happy to know that she wouldn't be turning into a pile of bones as the years went by. That was just creepy and...just...eugh. Niamh still felt a little paranoid, but she supposed she'd find out what would happen as the years started to add up. For now, there was no sense being paranoid, so she just relaxed as Nexus wrapped his arms around her.

That felt nice, like he was trying to protect her. Normally she might insist that she was fine and that she didn't need protection, just to act tough, but she actually liked this. She lightly covered his hands with hers, then promptly blushed and stiffened at Nexus' comment.

Holy Light! While she was...er...happy he was, ah, defending her honor so to speak, why did he have to put it like that?! Enjoy them?! She stifled a small groan, caught between being flattered that, um, he apparently liked her just the way she was and didn't want to change her, and being thoroughly embarrassed because he was talking about enjoying her breasts. And then he only continued, and her face grew hotter. Sexy? Perfect skin? She hunched her shoulders a little and sank back against him as though trying to make herself a bit smaller, clearing her throat awkwardly. "I'm...I'm far from perfect, Nexus...um, thanks, though," she said quietly, glancing off toward the table and willing her blush away.

Ergh, and there it was again. That feeling of being totally embarrassed, yet liking what he said all the same. It really was kind of sweet...though she still disagreed. Her skin wasn't perfect, at least she didn't think so. She had scars. Not any large ones anymore, Nexus had taken those two scars on, but her knees and elbows bore a good collection of them and--

Right. She was overthinking again. Just accept the damned compliment and move on, Niamh, she chided herself.

Demaht chuckled and adjusted her top a little, pushing her breasts up. "Mm, yeah, variety is the spice o' life as they say!" she said, a little disappointed that those strings had vanished. Oh, but she did love a good fight. It was in her nature, and she was curious to see what those strings could do. It wasn't like she could do much to fight back, but it also wasn't like she could get hurt. "An' I s'ppose we do got a good spectrum here, no? White gold, copper, bronze, an' silver! All we need now is gold an' onyx. Huh." She rubbed her chin thoughtfully, then shook her head.

Then she laughed. "Ah, Vec sounds like me! Don't needa bath, but it's nice," she said with a knowing wink at Tzak before she slapped him playfully on the chest. "An' ya hush! Ya didn't make it on your own, probably wouldn't've agreed if we didn't gang up on ya, ya fool! That girl there agreed riiight away when her man said he wanted her, an' I say I wantcha an' ya fight it every step o' the way! You're a bloody mule, y'know that? Idiot." She ruffled his hair again, a little rougher this time, just to bug him. She'd caught that frown and she knew how picky he was about his hair.

Might have tried to hide it, but it still showed through body language.

Plus it was just fun. Her own hair just sorta drifted back into place when it got messed up. Ah, the wonders of magic. It kept her looking fabulously hot all the time!

Niamh chuckled as Nexus hugged her, then snorted. "Found? More like hunted, lasso'd, and dragged into your life," she teased, hugging him back. Demaht raised an eyebrow, and then Niamh jumped and shook her head quickly. "NO!" she gasped, and then quickly lowered her voice, even if it still came out a bit stiffly. She was trying hard not to go red again. "Er, I mean, no, I'll pass. I'm full. And I really don't like blueberries, anyway. I hate them." That last part she added in a bit of a grumble, shifting a bit in Nexus' lap to get more comfortable.

"Aww...but ya wouldn't haveta eat 'em! Other people could! Same with ya Tzak! I'm hungry." She gave a wicked grin his way, and Niamh cleared her throat loudly.

"Then you can eat some, Demaht. No one's stopping you. Everyone else is full, though. Right?" She emphasized that by gently nudging Nexus in the stomach with her elbow. "Yep. Full. Um, so, should we go pay now? What're we gonna do now?" she asked, changing the subject.

Anonymous

Maybe Nexus was being a little blunt and a little crude about it but he was getting his point across. He liked Niamh for exactly what she was: Perfect. At least for him. He loved her skin, pale like alabaster, and her hair which was a beautiful shade of platinum blonde. All of that with her small stature, petite figure, ah! Lit a fire in his blood it did. Of course she would never agree with him, but he didn't care. "Not for me you're not, you're absolutely perfect." Nexus reaffirmed, making sure she'd know that she was perfect to him no matter what she thought.

And she did so like to think the worst about herself.

"I'm not silver I'm grey. Silver is beautiful and it shines...I'm dull and...grey." Tzak said as he looked to his skin, brushing it off. His face was still dark, maybe because he had watched Demaht adjusting her top. She looked so...er...heavy up there. He still couldn't believe he had been...and she had...they had together...er...yeah. Though he could only remember this and that from last night it still...scared but intrigued him.

"You're not dull Tzak. Geez, does everyone but Demaht and I have some problem with their body...er...well I mean I could be a bit less scar ridden but hey! Look at it this way Tzak. You've got Demaht, who absolutely seems to love your skin colour, and you love her fiery bronze-y colour so...everyone is good." Still, if they wanted some Golden colours, they should just get Vec here, he was pretty much gold right?

"Yeah, sounds like you but thankfully far from it." Ugh, Nexus couldn't imagine a Vec that was like Demaht. Flirty, sultry, somewhat whorish...no, that wasn't Vec. Vec was all...pure and innocent...maybe not Innocent, but he was always so...pure in a way. Hard to really put into words. "Well hey! I sorta made the wish on my own...it'll...it'll be a long time before I wish for immortality and-hey! Stop messing up my hair." Tzak's frown grew ever more as he reached up and brushed it out of his face. Why did she always do that?! She knew how much it annoyed him, but damn it, she always just did that, kept messing up his hair! Bah!

"If you're not careful I'll wish for you to always have a bad hair day." Tzak muttered as he stuck his tongue out at Demaht. Bah to her.

"Heh heh...I still had to find you, so I'll stick with that. The other stuff was just a failed attempt at courting." He teased right back to her. Now that he looked back at it all, it kinda was really. Just...well he had improved from that time, that was for sure. Eh heh heh. "Yeah, sorry Demaht I'm ah...full too." The nudge in his stomach wasn't something that he appreciated but apparently he was full right now. Tzak also nodded in agreement. "Yeah Demaht just whip yourself up a bunch and eat but...I'm full and er...I'd rather not have to get cleaned up again so ehm...yeah. Ahem. Right! Er..."

Nexus laughed. This was too fun. "I'll pay, not to worry." Tossing some coins on the table Nexus wrapped his arms about Niamh's waist. "I'm not sure what we should do now...where are you two headed?" Tzak gave a shrug of his shoulders, that was probably a good question really..."Um...not sure. Demaht was sorta handling that whole thing...just kinda...taking us where she remembered from when she was last around...we could all wander together y'know." Nexus smirked just a little bit. That might actually be a good idea. He wanted more time to talk with Demaht, maybe learn a bit more about the Djinn but really...

It was Tzak he was interested in.

Feratul.

The name burned in his mind ever since meeting Tzak. Was it a coincidence, or was something going on here, something...fishy and strange really? It was hard to say. "I think that might be an excellent idea really. For that matter with Demaht around, we can get her to wish for beds instead of sleeping in hammocks." While Nexus loved to feel useful while in the wild, Niamh seemed to love her beds so...Demaht could give them a right advantage in the wild.

"I think that might be fun. Do you guys just...walk until you get tired or something?" Nexus nodded, though a grin came across his face. "That's about it. Hope you can keep up there Tzak." One way to egg a man on was to make him think you were better than him. "I think I can manage Nexus." Tzak dismissed the comment with a sniff. Obviously the man had no idea what it was like being the army. Though he seemed to know a lot of thing, army life just wasn't one of them then. This would be a cake walk.

Rhindeer

"Yeeeah...something like that," Niamh muttered under her breath, staring down at the table. Failed attempt at courtship? Mother of Light. Of course, that had been the other Nexus, not this one, but still...jeez. "Guess no one ever taught you about flowers and sweets?" she couldn't help but quip as he tossed some coins onto the table, taking care of the bill, while across the table Demaht sulked.

"I can't make the godsforsaken berries an' junk unless someone--" She shot a pointed look at Tzak. "--wishes it!" she grumped, finally moving off of Tzak's lap and into her own seat--well, it was more like she simply lifted up off of his lap and floated back to her chair--so she could look properly broody. It was those ifrit moodswings again, and she'd had milleia to perfect the look, arms crossed over her chest, legs folded indian-style, and back hunched over. She even poked her bottom lip out a little, glowering. Stupid prudes. This was lame.

Of course, normally she wouldn't throw a tantrum over something so small, but the debacle this morning was still affecting her overall mood.

She was still a long, long way from being "reformed".

Plus Tzak had threatened to wish for her to have a permanent bad hair day! The nerve! And after she'd extended his life! Feh!

Both she and Niamh listened as Tzak and Nexus talked, Demaht still pouting and Niamh trying not to snicker over the immortal creature's childish behavior. But the instant Tzak said the magic words, "we could all wander together," and Nexus uttered the dreaded words, "that might be an excellent idea," Niamh sprang back to life.

"Wait, what?!" she blurted, straightening, and even Demaht stopped brooading long enough to raise her eyebrows in interest. Niamh twisted to look back at Nexus, eyes wide and mouth open in protest. "Actually, we probably shouldn't, Nexus! He just said Demaht's in charge of where they're going! They probably have places to go!" she said quickly, dreading the whole idea, and Demaht only chuckled.

"Pffft. We ain't goin' nowhere. I was just gonna take 'im to the desert to show 'im my old stompin' grounds. That can wait." She smiled sweetly and cupped her chin in her hands. "I know I'd just love to come with you lot..."

Niamh bit her lip to repress a groan, turning back to Nexus and saying just loud enough for him to hear, "I don't want them coming with us."

Sure there was the prospect of beds, but if it was a choice between sleeping in hammocks--or on the ground--and sleeping in beds yet traveling with that djinn, Niamh would choose the rockiest, hardest ground over that! It was nothing against Tzak; she didn't know him, certainly not well enough to travel with him, but he seemed decent enough. He kind of reminded her of herself--a little too much, in fact. Young, cocky, yet, um...nervous about some things. But the djinn. The djinn was another story. She didn't care what everyone else said, djinn were bad news! And so what if she'd given her immortality--it was only because she'd been ordered to.

"I don't wanna be around the djinn. I'm sorry, but I still don't trust her. And I don't like her." She shifted in his lap, uncomfortable--not physically, but mentally, for sure. Not only were djinn malevolent creatures by natures, but that djinn had come onto both Nexus and her and she had date-raped Tzak. No matter what Vec said...Vec was in a mortal body right now, right?

Wouldn't that mean even he had mortal flaws...?

Anonymous

"Never had a father or a mother to tell me these things poppet, just a Goddess to tell me what to do." Nexus said with a small grin, shrugging his shoulders. "Besides, that way is boring! If ain't worth doing with a whip then it can't be much fun!" He told her, laughing as he shook his head. Ah he did love to use a whip, it was always a lot more fun! And that sound just got him excited about what might be to come.

"Oh...well I guess someone is shit out of luck!" Nexus barked a laugh as he grinned toward Demaht. Poor Demaht, she just wanted to have some berries and whip cream but it seemed like Tzak had no intention of summoning that. He just coughed uncomfortably, looking at Demaht as she went into a rather broody looking disposition. Eee! She did NOT look happy but there was just no way he was going to order up some of...those for her, so that she could...yeah. No. Those thoughts were bad thoughts, more so after this morning. How could she still want...to do all that! Hadn't last night been...er...enough for her? He had hoped so but...apparently not.

He was just going to let her be broody right now.

That was probably for the best.

Nexus looked over toward Niamh when she suddenly spoke up. Oh boy, what was going to happen now? This should be amusing. Should be at least. "See there we go Niamh, they can come with us...or we're going with them? Ah whatever." Nexus blinks as she suddenly spoke to him, and he blinked. Why didn't she want them to join their fun? Was she worried about something perhaps? "Why not?" He hissed quietly to her, looking over toward Tzak and Demaht for a moment before back to them.

Tzak just seemed to sit there, looking between all of them. Things were really quiet now. They were talking about this whole thing no doubt. He could understand why Niamh didn't feel like coming with them. After what she had seen of Demaht, he couldn't blame her. Even he still didn't...fully trust Demaht but. She had felt bad. She had felt bad about it. That's all that mattered, that's what made the hurt go away, all the pain leave him, though it still weighed heavy on his mind. He just...had to put it behind him, but never just truly forgive her of course.

She had done so much after all.

"And why don't you? I know why you don't trust her, but you can't let the old mythos all decide for you. Besides. She is controlled." Tzak could keep her on a leash, and he really wanted to know about Tzak, and perhaps about Demaht. After all, she would be awake all night wouldn't she? He only had to trance for five hours right? This would work for everyone.

He just had to do that one thing and remember to keep his hands to himself. Knowing Tzak of course, and not to mention the events that had transpired last night and this morning. Oh yes...there would be no problem keeping their hands to themselves. Besides, Nexus REALLY didn't want to mess up what he had going with Niamh.

Never.

Tzak could only smile blankly at the two of them, knowing they were having a private conversation, and he really hoped that Demaht wasn't using her abilities to listen in. Tzak turned to her, smiling nervously. Conversation. Conversation. Gotta think up something. Um um.

Oh!

Yeah!

"So Demaht ah...where exactly are we going to go? What are we going to see do you think? I know you've been gone and all but I did wish for that map and all of the current geography so...we should have some idea right?" The preliminary scans had only given him a general idea, but then he needed a map with cities and towns on it, that's where Demaht had thankfully come in.

She was handy to have around but Tzak always felt bad using her like that. Like...an object.

Even though he had been used like that really. Kinda sad if you thought about it, but he had mostly come to terms with it. He'd just...be very...er...careful about...being around Demaht now. His mind had tried to basically keep those sort of thoughts from his mind at this time. Just for now.

Rhindeer

"You know exactly why I don't trust her and that's why! Because I don't trust her!" Niamh whispered back to Nexus through grit teeth. Eugh! She loved him, but the man could be so bloody hard-headed and oblivious sometimes! "It's not just the myths, it's a fact. You heard it all. She raped him. I mean, if she's so controlled then how'd she manage that, huh? Because Tzak's a push-over. He's exactly what djinn feed on, exactly what djinn want, because he's the type of person that can be controlled, not the other way around. He's the collared one here, not her. You see how he acts around her. She could make him do anything."

And that was worrisome. All that power...but there really was no way to properly control it. That was the way of djinn, tempting unsuspecting people who believed they had the mental capacity to outsmart and control a creature as old as time and just as dangerous, just because it was a prisoner. It was a fatal mistake. You couldn't outsmart an ageless being.

Heaving a sharp sigh, she looked up at Nexus, calming herself and smoothing over her features as best as she could. She was not about to beg him or anything, but the look she gave him was still imploring. "I'm just not comfortable with this, alright? I don't wanna take any chances. I just don't trust her. That should be good enough." She wouldn't mention that the djinn actually scared her, too. Pride wouldn't allow her to admit fear.

"I mean I'm glad we got something out of this and she...didn't end up killing me either, but for all we know it could be the calm before the storm. Like I said, djinn are pros at manipulation--and deception. Even if she really isn't homocidal, I don't wanna sleep anywhere near her." And then her eyes narrowed. "...Or you. I don't want her sleeping anywhere near you."

Demaht snorted a little, her heightened hearing picking up on the conversation though she pretended not to hear. Instead she focused her attention onto Tzak, smiling up at him and giving a little shrug. "I was thinkin' the desert," she said. "Ya know that, I toldja before. Desert's my old stompin' grounds, an' I wanna see how much it's changed. Now, if I remember correctly, an' accordin' to yer map, once we get through this mountain pass, a village called La'marri should be on the other side. We could stop there, it's a nifty place, an' then it's a straight shot south to the desert."

Niamh suddenly perked up and looked to Tzak and Demaht. "You're going to La--the desert?"

"Gods be damned, y'all got sand in yer ears! S'what I said! The bloody desert! We're goin' there!"

"Really..." Niamh murmured, resting her chin in one hand thoughtfully. La'marri. They would stop by La'marri. That was perfect, and if Nexus wanted to go where they went, that got her out of trying to find some way to steer them both there without actually having to tell him where she wanted to go and why. She felt...she felt bad being dishonest like that, but...

She didn't want to tell him...she was afraid of what he'd say.

"Alright," she whispered, turning back to Nexus. "I guess we can go with them for a while, if you really wanna. But still, everything I said still applies."

Anonymous

"Alright, alright. Calm yourself." Nexus was quiet, shaking his head. Things were a little tense weren't they? Yes, perhaps Demaht was a little bit of a handful, but Nexus had no real problem with her. Yes, he was a little...disappointed by her behaviour, but he had done things that now he wasn't proud of, though at the time it had been perfectly fine for him. "You don't see his strength Niamh. You'll understand in time." It was back and forth between Demaht and Tzak, the two of them were going to be locked in this position for a while. However, they were being very symbiotic at least. The two of them were getting something out of it at least.

Everyone just had to be careful.

"I understand love, but there is nothing to fear now. Not with our immortality backing us." Oh things could still hurt, and she might be able to manipulate them, but really Nexus' biggest fear had vanished. Niamh could not die, could not grow old like him, they would....they would forever be able to live together. Not to mention he was Nexus, he did not fear the djinn, he did not fear Tzak, he did not fear what might be on the horizen.

Nexus almost wanted to chuckle at her last bit, just letting a smirk play on his lips. "Of course, beside, I'll have you in my arms the whole time." He probably shouldn't mention the fact that Djinn probably didn't sleep after all, and of course, he only tranced for five hours...but he would humour her at least. He understood why she worried. After all, her 'boyfriend' had gone without sex for seven months, even self pleasure, which for a man was a rather incredible feat after all. Now he would be in the company of a beautiful woman who would fulfill all his fantasies and more.

If...if he were a weaker man, or a human for that matter, he would surely cave. If he wasn't with Niamh, he would have also gladly taken Tzak and helped to train him, and to a lesser extent break Demaht as much as possible. However...he had Niamh now, and as corny as it was, he wasn't going to do anything to jeopordize what he had with her. It had taken months to forge this relationship, to fix the horrible things he had done to her, and what he had shown her, opened her eyes to...

Yeah, one night of passion with Demaht was NOT worth it.

"Th-the desert, right, that should be...interesting." Ugh. Sand getting in his armour, not to mention how hot it was going to get. Sure his suit could control the temperature and all but Demaht would no doubt insist he would wear something lighter. Blech. It was like she was asking for them to be attacked. When you saw your opponent was heavily armoured, they always thought twice.

Nexus looked over to Niah for a moment. She had slipped. She was going to say something first, but had tried to catch herself. He caught it. Though, thankfully for Niamh, Nexus had absolutely no idea what she was going to say first. He hadn't been listening that quickly, but Nexus was still VERY suspicious. Her sudden change of attitude was rather...well, it was very curious. Something was up, but far be it from Nexus to pry.

Let her have those secrets however, he was just glad for the compromise. Whatever she was planning, eventually he'd know. Heh, he almost wanted to be a jerk at this point, saying that they were going to go a totally different way instead.

Naaaaaah.

"Of course, everything still applies. Ahem. Alright Tzak, Demaht, looks like you've got some travelling companions then." Nexus said with a very large grin. It didn't matter what Niamh had planned, he had his own plans at this time. That and he had to be careful as to where they were headed. The Lumenari...Rift...Vortex...Feris...and not to mention that strange familiar presence was out there too. This would not be easy, this would not be a safe travel, but it was better than being stuck in Arca.

Rhindeer

Relief. Nexus hadn't caught her slip up, nor had anyone else. Not that it would have made a difference if Nexus had caught what she'd been about to say, since he wouldn't know why she'd want to go there, anyway. He didn't have to know that she'd already been to La'marri before, back before she'd met him, when she'd still been a hardcore Lumenari.

The tricky part would be getting away from Nexus once they got to La'marri, since Speaker had she had to come alone. No...maybe not so tricky. She could get away at night while Nexus tranced, and he'd never have to know differently one way or the other. It was just going to be a quick meeting, get some questions answered, tie up loose ends.

That was all...

Feeling at peace and confident with her decision and plan, with it came a significantly more light-hearted mood. Right then, Niamh didn't care that she'd have to be around the stupid djinn for a bit longer; the uncertainty was gone, and it was being around Demaht that would get her to her destination. She flashed a grin at Nexus when he agreed that everything still applied--yeah, maybe she was just way too happy right now--and gave him a quick hug around the middle. Besides, how could she doubt him? He said she'd be in his arms that night, and she would make sure to take him up on that.

...Subtly, of course. No way would she actually just say, "Hey, can we cuddle? Maybe kiss?" Light no! Not even if that's what she wanted. Nope. Pride and modesty wouldn't allow her to. Plus it was embarrassing, of course.

Demaht flashed a smile back at Nexus, sliding off of Tzak's lap and stretching languidly. "Excellent," she said, straightening again and patting Tzak on the knee. "Not that I don't enjoy havin' Tzak all to myself, but the boy needs socializin' an' after bein' stuck in a necklace fer gods know how long, I do, too. Oh, an' Tzaky darlin', ya may wanna wish fer new clothes. It's gonna get...hot." That was said in a near purr, and she gve a salacious wink and a quick lick of her lips before turning to look at Nexus and Niamh again.

"In fact, y'all might wanna think 'bout changin' yer wardrobe, too. Desert an' all. An' hey, ain't it true Solisi women go bare-breasted a lot of the time?"

Niamh hadn't been blushing, but at those words and Demaht's suggestive look, her cheeks flushed and her body stiffened. Gyah! She did not want Nexus to know that! "U-uhm...well...some...but that's neither here nor there and totally beside the point! I'm fine in these clothes. I'm used to the weather. Besides, it's still freezing here. Anyway, so, erm, are we going or what? I mean it looks like everyone's done eating so...if we're gonna be walking, we should probably start while it's still daytime, get as many miles in as we can before nightfall. We can talk while we walk." With that said, Niamh also stood, doing her best to change the subject and rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. Her skin still felt hot.

Damn it. That comment sure reminded her of how much she was actually dreading spending time around Demaht.

Anonymous

Well, he had, but he hadn't a clue what it all meant. Warning bells were going off, but she was comprimising, which was a really big step for her so...he would let it lie, just for the time being. He had this feeling at the back of his mind, one that said he should probably be a little more paranoid, but...he had to give her space after all. Let her be, let her do what she wants...but always have an eye rotated in her direction. Nexus would let this slide, well, slide as best he could.

It had been seven months, but Nexus /had/ to trust her. Vec had said it was the cornerstone of their relationship, and it always would be. He just...had to look through his past and just...trust.

Nexus smiled as he returned the hug to her, leaning down to give her a kiss on the cheek. She seemed happy, he was happy, everyone was happy. Well, Demaht seemed a little sour however, maybe just a little. Not overly of course! No never her, and it seemed to clear up as she hopped off of Tzak's lap. Seven months ago Demaht would have been the perfect woman for him. Now he wasn't even interested in her. Well alright. He was a male, he was perhaps a little, but he had Niamh...though she didn't satisfy his desires in that manner, he still wanted her, and he would not stop wanting her.

"I think...it should be fun...Eh heh heh...Demaht c-can be...er...interesting to talk to but...new people would be good." He stepped carefully. At least with...Nexus and Niamh there of course they could help to keep Demaht in line. Yes, he was still very afraid of what might happen. After...after last night he didn't want her around, well...he didn't...he didn't want to be around her alone. He didn't trust her, and he didn't trust that...that...part of him that had been awakened.

"A-ahm...E-er...W-well My suit can control the temperatures within it, and beside, I've got other clothes." Tzak had wished for lighter clothes, and his suit was a great help. He couldn't just leave it around after all. He certainly wasn't going to carry it either when he could wear it and be comfortable. He had to be sensible after all.

Nexus looked to Demaht, and then to Niamh. What was THIS all about?! "Some? Oh this is just unfair. You've got to start embracing your Solisi...lack of clothing thing." He was sure her culture had been one that was part Lumenari after all...he didn't really much care for her trying to er...embrace that part of her culture. Of course, Nexus looked humerously at her, he knew she'd never be able to do it, but just the thought of it...ah! It would be great though!

"Kidding, kidding Niamh." He added afterward, he didn't want her to blush herself to death after all. "And I don't need anything. This is my outfit, I've survived ice ages and volcanic eruptions with it." Alright, he hadn't ACTUALLy survived IN a volcanic eruption but...near it. Once more, Nexus and his embellishments. Niamh seemed to look up to his feats of strength after all, and it was always nice to have your ego stroked.

"Oh Shadows! I forgot my suit at the other hotel!" Tzak suddenly spoke up, rushing to his feet. Nexus just looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "Meet us at the edge of town, I just...We'll be there." Before Nexus could protest Tzak was suddenly out and running from the hotel. Demaht soon disapepared, being pulled away with him. Nexus just shook his head as he sighed. Well, he might as well tell her this now.

"When I was young...the man I...I don't know how to put that...identified with...who helped me kill the Drow woman...his last name was Feratul." Nexus looked toward Niamh as he started to walk, one arm going around her shoulders as he started out the door with her. "I know it could just be nothing, just a fluke but...I want to know about him. I don't trust her, but he...he is different...he is a slave to a Goddess he loves and hates." It sounded like him after all...though, he was no longer in service of his of course.

It was a little walk to the edge of town, and they were waiting. It wasn't long before Tzak arrived once more. He wore a strange metal suit, a fluid metallic one that Nexus was rather impressed with. Of course, if anyone noticed, Tzak had the amulet on the outside of his suit, around the band of his arm. Nexus knew what that meant. It was...the dog house for Demaht, plain and simple. That was all there was to it. Even Nexus understood that one should wear somethign so valuable and precious under their suit of armour, and yet he did not....

He understood...oh he understood.

"Alright...I'm ready to go." Tzak looked a little awkward as he began to walk with Nexus and Niamh, Demaht no doubt trailing near to him. It was a bit of a quiet walk, Nexus tried to make a little small talk, mainly just about this and that, discussing technology with Tzak. It might be lost on Demaht and Niamh, but Nexus did try and put it into terms Niamh would understand. At least, terms he hoped she could understand. It was just...difficult, luckily Nexus had some knowledge about it, but Tzak was far more advanced.

With the sun going down though, Nexus had decided to stop for the night. Tzak knew he wasn't tired, he didn't even look a bit flushed, but Tzak however looked rather tired. A fire had been started and Nexus was cooking up a bit of food for everyone. Well. Everyone who needed to eat. Tonight would be a little...strange. Strange because while Niamh and Tzak slept, he could be awake...talking with Demaht. That would be...trouble.

"This is good Nexus...thank you." Tzak murmured as he began to nibble on the food. Bit of fried meat, some vegetables, bits of bread...it was simple but it was good none the less. The night was...calm. Things were at peace, ready for rest...ready for...the night, and then for the new day eventually. "Thanks, just a little something after all." Nexus said modestly as he picked at his own food. He didn't feel like eating. Out there...out there he could feel it. Those presences. Rift...unknown...Feris...Vec...Vortex. The good, the holy, the deadly, the scary, the fated...and the interesting. Rift and the unknown were too close...they were much too close. That worried him. It was making him uneasy...it was making him...scared almost.

Rhindeer

Niamh was already blushing lightly from the kiss on the cheek, but when Nexus jumped all over Demaht's little revelation--oi, she should have expected him not to let that slide!--her cheeks turned an even deeper shade of scarlet and her blue eyes widened. "What?! Like hell!" she exclaimed, wrapping her arms around herself defensively and hunching her shoulders, and even after he said he was kidding, she was still blushing furiously. It wasn't that his comment had actually been that bad considering a lot of his previous ones--Light, that was very tame--but...both he and Demaht's comments had terrible timing. Of course they both had to come after Nexus kissed her and she was thinking about cuddling him.

Rrgh...!

"I'm only half Solisi, anyway...on my da's side..." she mumbled, and only realized after she'd said it that Nexus probably didn't know that. After all, she just called herself Solisi because that was her nationality, but ethnically, she was only half. Her mother came from some other desert people and that was where she got her strict morals. Not that her ethnicity actually mattered. She was a Solisi, and she really only brought up her mixed blood in matters like, well, this.

Luckily the subject was changed to someone else's outfit, and Niamh's blush slowly receded as Nexus talked about his clothes. What? "Volcanic eruptions...?" Niamh repeated slowly, staring up at him. "Are you serious? How did--? Never mind. Seventeen hundred years..." His age explained everything. Well, not really, but she'd given up on trying to understand everything about how he survived the things he did.

Of course she didn't realize he was exaggerating.

She might have said more, but that was when Tzak said something about a suit and took off, and Demaht only had time for a small yelp before she was pulled away after him as though she were attached to him by an invisible chain. Niamh blinked a few times at that, then just shrugged it off. Shadows, huh? What was up with that? A thread of unease passed through her as she wondered what religion he was part of to use that as an exclamation, but she quickly shook it away as best she could.

Even if she was a heretic, she still had her baggage. A fear of darkness and an unwillingness to touch any magic but her own fire and light magic was part of it.

As they began to walk out of the town, Nexus's arm around her, she listened as he finally started to explain why he was so gung-ho about traveling with those two. And then she gave a start. "Wait, drow woman? You don't mean Car-what's-his-face, do you?" she asked. If she remembered what he'd told her about his old "friend" correctly, the guy went nuts and did something with undead armies or somesuch. "Um...wasn't that guy sorta insane? And anyway, what would it mean if they're...y'know...connected in some way? Ah, never mind..."

She chose not to comment on the goddess and slave part except to mumble, "She's just a djinn, not a goddess," but that was it. If Tzak was a slave, he was only one because he put himself there. It was easy to free yourself from a djinn--you just had to get rid of whatever object they were bound to. But she had a feeling that mentioning that would just be met with more excuses and rationalizations, so she didn't even bother. No one seemed like they really cared what she thought about djinn, but if everything went to hell, at least no one could say she hadn't warned them.

The walk, for Niamh, was fairly uneventful. Nexus seemed mostly interested in Tzak, and the technology talk was lost on her. At least he tried to put it into simpler terms, and while it was kind of interesting, it just...didn't really mean anything to her, since she had nothing to base what they were talking about off of. Oh well! Meanwhile Demaht just looked sulky, understanding all too well what the amulet on the outside of Tzak's armor meant, so she spent most of the journey sitting cross-legged in the air, arms crossed over her chest as she floated after Tzak, pulled along by their connection like a scolded child.

Niamh found that pretty funny, some immortal, poweful being looking like a spoiled brat that hadn't gotten her way.

Come sunset, and Niamh was quite beat, not from the journey itself but by the growing darkness, making her feel fatigued, even if the fire they were currently sitting around gave her some added energy. Still, by the time she'd finished her own portion of the meal her eyelids had grown heavy, making it harder and harder for her to keep her eyes open, much less concentrate on what was being discussed. Yawning and flipping the collar of her coat up in an effort to get warmer, she finally scooted closer to Nexus until their sides were touching before leaning her head on his shoulder and closing her eyes. She hadn't any idea what was on his mind, nor of the various dangers lurking so close, nor was she really worried about what she was soon going to face once they got to La'marri--not now, at least. Right now, the only thing on her mind was the warm body next to her, the heat of the fire, and a little nervousness regarding the night and being out in the open during it.

Demaht, on the other hand, was wide awake--since of course she never slept. She hadn't eaten, not just because she didn't need to but also because she only truly liked sweets. Other food just wasn't worth eating most of the time in her opinion! She glanced between Tzak, who looked tired, to Niamh who looked like she was already passing out, and shook her head. Ah, what wimps. Seemed only Nexus looked truly awake.

"Everyone's so quiet. Y'all fallin' asleep already?" she asked, finally breaking her sulky silence. Nah, she was over that, now.