Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stone cold ways and fiery tempers (Rhi rhi banana phone!)

Started by Anonymous, August 29, 2007, 12:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

How could she not expect something from Nexus? He just found out that her people go around topless after all! Whether that is because it was really hot in the desert, or just some religious cultural thing he didn't care. All he knew is that Niamh didn't do it and that was just wrong! Denying the world and him her chest like that! It was an insult, a slap in the face! Well. Maybe. I mean. He could always peek...He had been good about that though, he hadn't peeked yet, despite every inch of him saying "Yes yes, do it! Look at her naked body without her knowing!" That was a hard act to fight, part of his old life after all.

He was in a new life now, a much better life.

"So...half Solisi...so...One boob?" Nexus scratched the back of his head, trying to figure THAT one out. How exactly would a shirt like that work. His finger began to move through the air as he tried to figure it out. "I guess if it went like...this and...this...and then like this...it could sorta work...would have to be tight against the body though..." Nexus muttered as he shook his head. Whatever. It didn't matter.

"Heh heh, yeah, Seventeen hundred years. That's how." His trump card was amazing. It also helped a lot that he didn't just come out and tell her all what it was. Oh my no! He liked looking like this, he was awesome this way. "I'll teach you one day Niamh. We just need a volcano..." Nexus rubbed the stubble of his chin before shrugging. IT was all good though, he'd maybe...tell her about that later. Maybe.

"Insane? He was brilliant, perhaps a little bit of a rebellious kid against his father but...I wouldn't say he was insane. Some kids go out and date their family's most hated enemies to anger their parents...Carthax just...tried to remove all life from the world and replace it with zombies, ghouls, demons, and more undead." That was all in the past however, very far in the past. "I don't really know what...it could mean nothing." It could mean a lot of things too, but they'd see where it would go, went it got there. Man that sounded cheesy.

"To one eyes they see a Djinn, to another a God, to some they might just see a woman." Nexus told her cryptically, a small smile on his face. Being a God could be a fickle thing. Vec had been a God, now he was just a man. It was funny to think, Demaht was a lot more powerful than Vec, but he had even made her see the light, well, to a degree.

-------

At least Demaht hadn't been too loud...she seemed really...well...scorned. What with being pulled along with the connection while she hovered. It was almost....strange really. Nexus wasn't sure what to make of it. She seemed really shook up by Tzak's action with the amulet. Well...she'd learn of course from all this, Tzak might have done this all subconsciously, or maybe he knew how to make her feel bad. The man was a genius in his own rights. He was in control at least.

Nexus put his arm about her after he put down his food, keeping her close against him, even taking the time to create a blanket for her as he placed it about her. Had to keep her warm after all, she didn't much care for the cold did she? He smiled lightly as he looked to Tzak, who was nestled against a fallen log by Demaht's feet, curled up against it with his helmet on. He was sleeping, there was no doubt about it. He looked kind of like a strange metallic insect actually. Interesting.

"They're just human...or...whatever Tzak might be." Nexus commented as he leaned down to kiss Niamh a small kiss on the forehead. She looked quite asleep. "I'll have to trance in a few hours but I'm fine for now." Nexus turned to look at Demaht, he had one eye locked upon her, while the other no doubt was placed upon Niamh, keeping an eyeout for her too. He didn't want anything happening to her after all, though he probably should have just kept his eye moving, watching all around, in the darkness, in the forests...everywhere.

"Got any ideas as to pass the time? I can tell you a bit about myself if you'd like."

Rhindeer

Niamh made a soft contented sound in her throat when Nexus put a blanket around her, though she didn't open her eyes to see where it came from or even what it was; really, her mind just registered that something warm and soft was now enveloping her, and that was good enough for her. She was far too tired to really care much beyond that, though she did mumble something when Nexus kissed her forehead. It sounded vaguely like "good night." Soon enough, her breathing was deep and even, her body completely relaxed. She was out like a candle, all right.

Hopefully she didn't have any weird dreams about one-boobed zombie people surviving volcanic explosions.

Demaht noted that and smiled a little, stretching her arms over her head. Even in this cool climate, she still wore what she'd always worn, which was more suited to a desert, but it wasn't like it bothered her. She was always nice and warm, and she had a feeling that if she were ever stuck in the arctic on a glacier, she'd melt the glacier before she froze. Maybe. "Heh. Tzaky never told me what he was...I don't think. Huh. Can't remember. Ain't important, though, 'cause I don't really care," she said, glancing down to Tzak, who was asleep on the ground.

"Fool," she murmured softly, even though Tzak couldn't hear her. Sleeping on the ground and in his armor. Ugh. He could have wished for a bed or something, and the armor...Her eyes went to the amulet strapped to his arm, and she grit her teeth. No doubt him sleeping in his armor was another jab at her.

Whatever.

"Hrm. Well, I could pass time by makin' stuff, like beds fer one," she said, rising to her feet and nudging Tzak with her toe. "If someone wakes up. I mean, 'less y'all wanna sleep on the ground. But other'n that, go fer it. Talk. I'm listenin'. Don't matter how long the story; I don't sleep." She frowned down at Tzak.

Ugh...another time, and she might have actually considered coming onto Nexus as a means of passing the time, just as she had when they'd first met. But Tzak sure knew how to kill a mood; the amulet on the outside of his armor was like a slap in the face everytime she saw it, and it put her in a less than happy mood.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Geez, it didn't take much at all to knock her out did it? Of course, he knew that much, she was so very easy to get to sleep, at least he never had THAT trouble. He smiled lightly, rather happy to have her curled up against him. It was nice, very nice...heh...considering of course that across from him what was happening. Demaht and Tzak...what with Tzak curled up at her feet like a happy hunting dog, while she sat there like it didn't even matter.

That was...unnerving.

"We'll go with humanish for now I think." She may have been an Ifrit, a being of intense heat and passion but she was really cold wasn't she? He had even caught her comment about him being a fool...how could he not? He had good ears like she did. Maybe not...superb ears but...his were good enough! They did what he needed them to after all. If he had ears like Demaht, his old job might have been a lot better. Then again, he had those eyes...they were pretty great!

Tzak only gave a small murmur as he shifted in his sleep. Nexus was pretty sure he heard something about blueberries. It had sounded like it at least. Whatever that boy must have been dreaming, it had to have been good.

"I'm gonna be out for a couple hours personally, but I don't technically sleep either." Of course, she just didn't sleep at ALL no doubt, while he had to trance for a couple of hours at least. No, he didn't really like the idea of going completely catatonic with Demaht around, but she would be...er...it would interesting. At least she didn't seem so...interested in him like their first meeting.

Must have been all the morning's commotion really.

"I come from a really...different place than this. So does Vec. We're Otherworld travellers. Well. I wouldn't say it's...too different from this world. I barely remember the place, I've been running from it for so long. I was in the service of a Goddess, she had created us for a reason. We were Justice Dealers, we roamed the land making sure that justice was dealt. It was...tiring business. We quit. I've just been hopping from land to land. Had no reason to keep being so...civil and worldly. It broke down to torture, rape, stealing, whatever dirty activity got a fire going for me." Nexus laughed to himself as he shook his head, turning to look at Niamh and place a kiss upon her brow again. Must have been a little...er...hard for Demaht to see him like this.

Since her...ah...whatever was on the ground.

"You and Tzak seem to get along...interestingly. What's the story with you two? You'd think with a Djinn at his side he could be a powerful being but..." Well, Nexus had beat him in hand to hand combat, but then again it had been a small error on Tzak's part. No matter, if the man wanted a rematch he would go ahead and give him a rematch.

Rhindeer

Demaht chuckled when she caught Tzak's murmurâ€"blueberries, eh? Heh, perhaps the post didst protest too muchâ€"but her attention was taken away from that thought as Nexus began to talk about himself. Looking up from Tzak, she listened attentively as he spoke, genuinely curious, but then she frowned and narrowed her eyes when the talk turned to goddesses. So he was in the service of a Goddess, was he? Fool. Stupid gods and goddesses with their stupidness! She might have commented on that, too, if he hadn't gone on to say he quit, after which she brightened considerably.

Smart man, Get out while you can. Gods and Goddesses would only betray you in the end. Yes, even Vec counted. Even after their chat this morning, well...needless to say the effects of it had since worn off, even if she was still on good behavior because Tzak was still giving her that visual slap to the face.

And never mind that she considered herself to be a Goddess. She was exempt.

Grinning at his story, she opened her mouth to comment, but paused when Nexus kissed Niamh's brow. Not because it particularly bothered her, but because Niamh's brow creased and her eyes fluttered open halfway when Nexus did that, and she shot him a sleepy, slightly grumpy look. She mumbled something half incoherent about him still being awake, lifted her head off his shoulder so she could rub her neckâ€"which was getting sore from being in that position for so longâ€"before, with a quick stretch, she scooted over a little and laid her head in his lap instead. It was only a few moments later before she was asleep again, if her deep, even breathing was any indication.

Demaht watched that, waiting for the girl to be asleep again, before she finally looked back to Nexus and gave a knowing smile. She leaned back on her hands and tilted her head to the side thoughtfully. "Mm, then we aren't much diff'rent, are we? You'n me. Torture, rape an' stealin', eh?" She nodded in Niamh's direction. "Oh fun. That how ya got your girl? Kinda like how I got Tzaky there. Heh. Even after I 'steal his innocence', he still can't leave me. Got 'im hooked. But anyway!" she went on before he could comment on that, switching gears completely. "Me'n him? Chance meetin'," she said simply, flipping her hair.

"He found my necklace, woke me up, an' that's that! Offed his stupid little partner...thing. Annoying little nit. Then we just been travelin' since then, him drivin' me outta my mind as often as he can. He don't want power. Refuses to wish fer anythin', even water. Just does it all himself. He could have riches or power or a full course meal ev'ry breakfast, lunch, an' dinner, but he refuses. Stubborn fool..."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Whether Tzak was having a nightmare or a dream one could only guess. It was a nightmare though about a big blueberry chasing him, demanding to be eaten. Kinda sounded like Demaht for that matter. Well, one man's nightmare was another man's fantasy. Maybe this was both for poor old Tzak.

Nexus only grinned, finding that her behaviour was rather cute. He should have known better than to wake her, she was always just so grumpy wasn't she? Well, he couldn't help that. His hand idly played through her hair, gently combing it as she lay herself on his lap. He could have made a pillow for her, or he could have conjured up the hammock for her, but usually they both needed to be ready for sleep for that particular one. All the shifting and what not, and his desire to have her pratically drape over him like a blanket, kinda made it difficult if she was in the hammock first. Bah. No matter.

Nexus did so want to correct her for that matter. He did not approve of her little comment about Tzak. The question of who was hooked could be bruoght up but she was off onto explaining more about them. Fascinating really. An eyebrow raised slightly as she spoke about killing his partner. Who had that been then? Tzak still hung around even after that. Strange really...very strange.

"I wouldn't call him that Demaht. He's trying so hard to be strong. Whatever it is with your friend there, he wants to prove himself. Tzak wants to make a point. Can't say what...but he's stupid a fool. He's just a kid, he said he was in the millitary. That might explain everything really. So used to orders, so used to having things provided for him. Now he's with you, and he could have everything, and he doesn't want it. He wants to show that he can last on his own." It was strength. Yeah, it was also him being stubborn, there was nothing wrong with asking for help, but Tzak didn't want to appear weak. That's what it was.

"He's probably doing it for you. He wants to show that he's worthy." And she didn't give a damn either way did she? No, why would she? He was just another master right? Theri relationship was more messed up than he could ever imagine really. If Tzak wanted power, he would gain that power without using Demaht. Hm. Interesting indeed. He hadn't had much time to talk to Tzak about Demaht, he really didn't seem to want to talk about that. Probably for good reason. It was a fresh wound after all, it was still painful. In time he'd talk more, but for now it was best not to rock the boat.

"You ever wonder it's all happening? Why he adores you so, and why you just spit back in his face? Relationships are such a...such a fragile thing. It doesn't take much to knock things off course does it? Just one little slip up...one little regression...and it can snowball from there. If this was a hundred years ago, I wouldn't be sitting here with Niamh like this...I'd have her in chains, naked, begging for her life...and I'd be laughing, I'd be happy...now...now look." Nexus could only give a small laugh as he shook his head.

It was insane.

And he loved it.

Tzak gave a small groan as he stirred, slowly sitting up for a moment while he took his helmet off. He looked beat still, and he didn't...really look awake for that matter. "No...S'alright...Gerrizim...I can handle. Pheggiyo gorium...just a bunch of bushes...Snarghle..." It was a low mumble from Tzak, hard to tell if you even heard the right words for that matter. He was sleep...talking perhaps? However, he simply lay back down without his helmet, facing Demaht's feet with his eyes closed. "Does this happen often? This...behaviour? Moving and talking in his sleep like this?" Nexus curiously watched the boy as he shifted again, moving just slightly closer to Demaht. The necklace was gone from his shoulder, instead Tzak held it against his chest. Nexus could only sigh, shaking his head.

Subconscious actions while asleep. The poor kid had some bad problems.

Rhindeer

Demaht only rolled her eyes as she listened to Nexus go on about Tzak wanting to prove himself to her and blah de blah. Ugh, not this. She hadn't expected a gods-be-damned lecture when she'd agreed to talk to Nexus and, frankly, this wasn't any of his business, either. She'd already gotten a big enough lecture from Vecâ€"the impact of which had already worn off. She was an immortal being that had been alive since time began, things rolled off her easily and millenium old habits were incredibly hard to undo. So while Nexus lectured her, she only smiled and nodded absently, only half pretending to listen.

"Riiight. Worthy? He ain't provin' nothin' 'cept that he's, yeah, stubborn. He wanted to show he was worthy, he could make wishes. I told 'im that already. In one ear, out the other, I guess," she finally said with a shrug, looking back over to Nexus. Hah, and what he said about regressions...interesting. She cast a look to Niamh and then back to Nexus, grinning.

"Sounds like one-hundred years ago was a lot more fun," she answered with a shrug, before giving a little jolt when she registered something he had said a few seconds before she got distracted with the idea of the girl naked and in chains. Ahem.

"Wait, relationship? Didja say relationship? Haha, ah no, ain't like that with Tzak 'n' me, unless by relationship ya mean the one between a master an' slave. S'no big deal. Been there, done that. He's no different." Well, that was a lie. He was very different from any "masters" she could remember having, but that wasn't really what she meant, even if she wouldn't actually say it. Just like all the others, eventually he'd leave and she'd be sealed back up again for gods know how long. Why should she treat him differently just because he was a little different right now? Nah. It was all about detatchment, and about using him as much as she could while she could since he wouldn't use her. And if he wouldn't use her, then what good was she to him, anyway?

It was really only a matter of time. Might as well live up her goddess status while she had the chance and enjoy every earthly pleasure she could in the meantime, because the next time she was locked up...pfft, for all she knew, she might not even come back out again.

That was when Tzak shifted in his sleep, and Demaht gave a start and stiffened, for a moment looking a little panicked when he sat up, worrying that he'd over heard, and she didn't want to be tossed away and locked up again. But when he took off his helmet, he was clearly still asleep, mumbling what to her might as well have been gibberish. Demaht raised her eyebrows at him, frozen, but then he curled back up facing her feet, and she thought she saw the flash of the amulet near his chest. It was no longer around his arm, that's for sure.

"Huh? Oh, eh, sometimes he does. He's pretty odd. Can't make heads or tails of it," Demaht said with a sigh and a shrug, clearly relieved that he hadn't woken. With a forced yawnâ€"because she wasn't tired at allâ€"she looked up from Tzak to Nexus.

"Well. Ya better do your trance thingy, 'cause I think I'm done talkin' fer the night," she said, lifting her feet and resting them on Tzak's side like a foot stool. "I think we're buggin' the humans and...whatever he is," she said, even though Niamh hadn't stirred since Nexus had kissed her. She was sound asleep, even with his fingers stroking her hair, though she was also shivering a little. "Ya want a bed or somethin'? 'Cause I can wake 'im and have 'im wish."

Anonymous

Yeah, this talk wasn't what he expected...no, that was wrong. It was exactly what he expected it to be. Demaht not caring either way. He should have figured as much from her...er...well he had. Bah. It probably was going to be a long strange night for him. Though, if he tranced everything would be relatively fine...

"Too easy, it's not his way." Nexus said with a small dismissive wave of his hand. He didn't get caught up in his little...moment about ah...Niamh being in chains and naked. No. That wasn't him, not anymore. That was old Nexus, that was a dead Nexus. Well. He didn't know it really, but it was just a buried Nexus, a Nexus that was locked away. He just didn't know that it was a waiting, crouching menace in the back of his head.

Nexus coughed as he shrugged his shoulders. Maybe it had been fun, but he liked...this time. "You're in one Demaht. You may not think it, you may not believe it but...heh...You're in one." He wasn't going to go into detail about that, because he wanted her to experience it on her own. He wanted her to feel the fear whenever that person went out, would they die? Would they be kidnapped? What would happen to them? With Niamh, he worried, he always worried about her. Tzak and Demaht may have had a less than...ahm...normal relationship but things would change for them. If Tzak stayed away from alcohol of course.

That was his real big problem.

And just to prove to Demaht he was different. Hm. If he died with her, even it was younger than a hundred years, even if it was when he was thirty five, but in a fight instead of dying naturally like he was supposed to. It might change her.

Might even hurt her.

That would be some...strange justice.

Heh. She was even scared of him hearing about her bad talking him. Nexus could almost guess how he would react. Tearfully, sad, and probably would look a little sick. After all, he cared for the Djinn. Nexus hadn't a clue why but...he did. That's how it was. They wouldn't be staying around Demaht and Tzak too long to find out why but...a few more days walk perhaps? No, probably a few more weeks it looked like. At least two weeks. This would be really interesting.

Scary even.

"That is rather interesting. Talking in his sleep might be a bad sign." Might be at least. Sometimes it was jsut a good way to get things from your subconscious mind really. It probably was keeping Tzak sane actually. Consideing what he had gone through in his life, with...Demaht and...yeah. Okay. Not thinking about that. Not with Niamh near him and all.

"Alright. Might as well get it out of the way early I suppose." Nexus slowly moved, helping Niamh to lay on the log before he got up and stretched. "Mm? No, let Tzak sleep. It's alright." Nexus found two trees not far from the fire place, grinning as he began to weave. His hands worked quick as he went back and forth, creating a hammock between the two trees. Big enough for two. "I make my own beds." Very...very carefully Nexus picked up Niamh and headed to the hammock, climbing in with her slowly so as to not wake her, or to flip the hammock around and sending them flying. Once in, he shifted a little, pulling the blanket around himself as he closed his eyes. "Goodnight Demaht."

Tzak stirred a little, mumbling a few more times as he shifted and his eyes slowly flitted open, looking upward to Demaht for a moment. He had...he had felt something. On his side. He looked to her feet and just sighed. "Hello Demaht." Tzak turned over, putting his back toward her as he closed his eyes again. Ugh. He just had...this horrible dream that she had...and things were happening. That was all. Bad things. They weren't however she was just...using him to rest her feet. Whatever.

Rhindeer

In a relationship? Her? Demaht snorted. "Yeah, right." It was only a relationship in the sense that they were master and slave. Any interaction was a relationship, after all. Friends, that was a relationship. Enemies, that was another sort of relationship. So sure, they had a relationship going. It just wasn't the sort he was no doubt thinking. And as for Tzak talking in his sleep being a bad sign? Demaht just gave a shrug at that. She didn't really know one way or the other, but whatever he'd been saying, it sure didn't sound like it had anything to do with her, so why should she be worried? Bushes and stuff. That was just weird.

Not her problem.

She watched Nexus get up and create the hammock, silently envying him his ability. Or rather, not the ability itself since her own magic far surpassed his, but his freedom to use his magic whenever he pleased. What good were awe-inspiring powers when you couldn't use them without someone else's permission? Especially when that someone else didn't like giving you permission, which was frustrating as all hell. To have all that power flowing within you but to never be able to release it...it was torture in a way.

It made her feel useless.

"Lucky," she muttered under her breath as he picked Niamh up and took her to the hammock. The girl didn't stir, passed out cold from the looks of it. Well. Solidly asleep, rather. Niamh only stirred once they were in the hammock, and only to cuddle closer to Nexus' warmth in her sleep. Sighing, Demaht shrugged before she said, louder, "Yeah, g'night to ya, too."

That was when Tzak shifted and looked up at her, saying hello, and she just smiled back. "Go back to sleep, darlin'," she said quietly. Once he'd settled back down and fallen asleep, that was when she finally moved, stepping down off the log and curling up next to him on the ground. It was a cold night, so why not lend him some of her heat? She didn't really need it, after all.

Niamh woke up with the first rays of morning light, yawning and slowly cracking her eyes open. For a few moments she forgot where she was; there was no longer hard ground beneath her, but something rather soft. Well, there was Nexus, she saw him right away and smiled a little at that, but...

Oh. Hammock. She realized that's what it was as soon as her eyes adjusted and she started to look around. So he'd made one, huh? Wow, when had that happened? She must have been really out of it.

Smiling at Nexus, who still looked asleep (though she could never tell when he really was still trancing or when he was awake; it kind of threw her off a lot), she chose to assume he was still trancing. Besides, that would give her a chance to slip off and take care of a few things without him getting nosy and asking where she was going. That would be awkward.

Especially given all the other people around.

She carefully crawled out of the hammock, trying not to jar it too much, looked around to make sure Tzak and Demaht were still sleeping, and then set off. She'd seen a lake not far from camp, but last evening she'd been far too exhausted to bathe, a fact that had been eating at her ever since she'd skipped it. She felt disgusting, having not bathed since yesterday morning. Eugh. And she'd gone without a lot of baths during the trek through the mountains and that had been gross enough. Shudder.

It didn't take long for her to reach the lake, for it was only a short walk away and lined by bushes and shrubbery that made it nice and secluded. Just how she liked it. Niamh walked around for a bit to pick out a good spot, a bit picky about these sorts of things since she didn't want to risk the chance of anyone accidentally peeking. When she was finally satisfied, she walked down to the water's edge and paused.

Even despite the rays of light bouncing off the water and the sun warming her skin, she knew it was gonna be bloody cold.

Ah well! It was like revisiting her Lumenari days. Trying to find a spot apart from everyone else, getting teased because she was so prudish and body shy unlike everyone else, braving the freakin' cold water and trying to be as quick but efficient as possible...

Well, just as she'd learned back then, it was best to just jump in and get it over with because it wasn't going to get any warmer and she'd feel better after it was done, anyway. So, with a sigh, she took one last look around her to make sure she was alone, kicked off her boots, and quickly stripped off her clothes. She hung her shirt, breeches, and smallclothes over a bush, then, taking a deep breath, waded into the water without even bothering to test it first. That'd just prolong the torture.

Coldcoldcoldcoldcold!

She dunked her head under the water quickly and came back up shivering, teeth chattering and goose bumps covering her skin. Yeah, this would be a really quick bath. She scrubbed her fingers through her hair, making due with just water since she had no soap, and then started scrubbing at her skin with just her hands and nails. Finally finishedâ€"well, it was good enough, at leastâ€"she climbed out of the water as quickly as she could, made a beeline for her clothes...and froze.

Clothes...?

They weren't there.

Um...okay. Maybe she put them on a different bush. So, shivering and hugging herself and feeling utterly ridiculous, she started to look around for them, cursing beneath her breath. This was so stupid. Come on. It wasn't like the bushes could eat them! Just in case, through, she started to part some of the bushes to look, and it was then that she heard the laughter.

With a start, she looked up to see Demaht there, floating cross-legged above her with Niamh's clothes in her lap. "Lookin' fer these?"

That time, Niamh did curse out loud even as she wrapped her arms around herself protectively, a blush spreading on her cheeks. "Hey! Give me those!" she hissed, trying to keep her voice down so as not to attract attention. Oh great. Bloody great! "Now, Demaht!"

"Hmm? What'd ya say? Sorry, luv, I can't hear ya, you'll hafta speak louder," Demaht drawled boredly.

"My clothes! Give. Them. Back!"

"Mm? Sorry, you'e talkin' too quiet. These old ears just ain't what they used to be. Here, ya just go along now, lovey, an' finish your bath. Here, I'll just put these somewhere safe for ya. Wouldn't want anyone stealin' 'em, now would we?" Demaht said with an all too sweet smile as she floated casually upwards. And draped the clothes over a high tree branch, much to Niamh's horror.

"Demaht!" she groaned, a near whimper, partly for the cold and partly because this was damned embarrassing. "What're you doing?! This isn't funny! Give them back, Demaht!"

"Oh, later, later, no worries, deary, don't panic. Ya needa relax," Demaht answered, stepping down onto the ground and smiling. "Just chill. Anyway, that water sure looks nice, so don't mind me, sweet cheeks." And while Niamh's blush deepened from that comment and she grit her teeth to hold in everything she wanted to scream at Demaht at the moment, Demaht somehow managed to lose her clothes as she walked down to the water and eased right in, sighing happily. "Hmm...maybe I should have the boys join us..."

Niamh had time only to think, Oh, shit, before Demaht was shouting at the top of her lungs. "Oh dear! Someone help! Niamh's drownin' an' I don't know how to save her! Help! Tzak! Nexus! Please, help!"

"Demaht!" That came out as a shout as Niamh practically dove back into the water, panicked and not even noticing the cold this time. Instead, she just focused on trying to make herself as small as she could...while also fearfully watching the shore. "Shut UP! Just shut up, Light damn you! I'm fine, Nexus! Tzak! I'mâ€"blrbble!"

That was when Demaht dunked her.

Anonymous

Yes, being with Niamh was one fine thing. She was a good source of heat, and she fit comfortably in his arms. That was something he loved the most. He could just curl up around her and hold her for hours. Which he did, a lot. Of course, he kept his eyes shut, but to nobody's immediate knowledge, or anyone in the area, he could see still. Yep. Right through his own eyelids and what not. Niamh knew he could see through his own skull, but he had never told her the extent of what he could see through. He kept that...very quiet.

When she got up however he was a little disappointed, but he said nothign. Wanted to surprise her. Though she ran off in an awful hurry before he could do anything. He decided just to let her be, he could tell what she was going to go do. Had to no doubt do with the lake. And because he was looking in that direction and ah...cut out a few dozen trees to note the lake. A bath. Of course she was going to have a bath.

This was Niamh, she loved those!

Though, Nexus did sit up after she was gone and stretched. Heh. Demaht was snuggled right up against Tzak in his metal suit. Right. Not in a relationship. If she didn't care about Tzak, she would NOT be doing that. It was adorable. Slowly Tzak stirred and stretched. He noted that he was clutching the amulet against his chest and just...quickly put it on, back into that special hold over the right side of his chest. He didn't care...he knew he couldn't stay...forever mad at her and...He tried to move but something was...Demaht was wrapped around him. He just smiled slightly. This was...this was alright.

Soon Tzak and Nexus were sitting near each other by a fire they had created, Nexus showing Tzak how to cook up some breakfast. Demaht had wandered off, Niamh was still at the lake it seemed. "You gotta watch the sausages Tzak, see how they're charring? Don't let 'em sit too long, you want to be able to see that grey skin on them still." Tzak just coughed uncomfortably. "I don't like these...meats they're too...grey and...yeah." Tzak muttered to the large man, who just grinned at him.

"Remind ya too much of what's swinging low eh?" A furious grey blush spread across his face as he sputtered, an indignant look on his face. "N-no! It just...I mean...looks like...my people! L-like I'm e-eating them." Oh Shadows it sounded so dirty! There was no helping this at all! Tzak was just digging himself into a hole and he wasn't getting out anytime soon. Nexus just slapped the man on the back roughly, shaking his head. "I'm just teasing Tzak, just teasing. These are good though, real spicy. Not their fault their grey, just like it's not your fault your grey." Tzak was still blushing but Nexus' kind words did help to relax him a little bit.

That was suddenly when the air was broken by a strange bunch of noise. Yelling. It sounded like Demaht, and it came from the lake. It only took a moment for the two to register what was being yelled. The both of them were up on their feet and running like the flames of hell were licking at their heels. Nexus had a strange rope in his hand that he was slashing in front of him, cutting branches and bushes in his wake so he wasn't held up by anything. Tzak managed to keep up, dodging the falling pieces behind Nexus with ease.

The two of them broke through the edge of the forest just in time to see Demaht dunk Niamh under the water. Nexus could only collapse onto his back, a small fit of laughter, and in the back of his mind rage that something so serious had been called to attention. Just Demaht being Demaht. Tzak was panting, his hands on his knees as he was bent over trying to catch his breath. That was of course when he noted that Demaht was without clothes, and probably Niamh too.

He seemed to make a strangled sound as he turned around.

"Nexus! The-they're naked!" Even THAT made Nexus take notice, though he quickly averted his gaze, looking behind him back at the forest with both eyes actually. "Don't worry I didn't see anything. The magic eyes remember?" Nexus stood up, dusting himself off as he shook his head. "Demaht you scared the life out of me almost, you shouldn't joke about emergencies like that." And not when they involved the woman he loved. It had been clear Niamh was in no danger, they had arrived at just the right time. Though, any earlier and Nexus would have gotten to see a bit of Niamh. Damn. So maybe not the right time by his definition.

Next time he'd have to be quicker.

Seeing a bit of skin from Demaht was no big problem but...damned if he got to see some of Niamh's that would have been...terrific.

"Hey...aren't those your clothes Niamh?" Nexus had caught something out of the corner of his eye, a flash of white in the trees. Almost thought someone had been spying on Niamh, until he noticed they were empty clothes. Niamh's...empty clothes. "Why the devil would you put them up there?" Nexus mused as he rolled his eyes to look up at them properly. Yep. That was them alright.

"A-ah...I t-think I sho-should get ba-back to t-the food." Nexus could only smirk as Tzak stiffly walked off. Oh that was interesting wasn't it? Well. He was only human. Human and male. Or...male at least. Something along those lines.

"Come on you two, get dressed, we're almost done with food." Nexus contemplated asking Demaht to help get Niamh's clothes down but then she'd probably never show up. Demaht would have no doubt arrived for Breakfast alone saying 'Oh, she wanted to stay a few more minutes.' Nexus decided he might as well grab her clothes for her then. Less chance of trouble then. It took him a quick minute to scale up the tree to where her clothes where, hauling them down which took a lot less time. He was even nice enough to conjure two rather large comfy looking towels. Big fluffy white ones. Well. One was white, the other was an orangey-red for Demaht. "Now the both of you quit your naked frolicking before you give me too many thoughts." It took every ounce of respect that Nexus had for Niamh NOT to look at her, and to not say anything lewd.

Too lewd at least.

That's when he headed back to the camp. Still. this would be a memory forever locked in his mind. All too humorous. Tzak on the other looked almost visibly...scared for that matter. Frightened by the events. Still getting over the shock of a night ago then, poor guy. Nexus did feel sorry for him, but that was all over and done with however.

Rhindeer

When Niamh resurfaced again, sputtering and coughing up water, she could have died right then and there from humiliation. Because there was Tzak and Nexus. Right there. Well, kind of. Tzak had his back facing them and Nexus was on the ground. Laughing.

Laughing!

That made her momentarily forget that she was buck naked in front of two men as irritation won over shame, and she glared up at the two, gritting her teethâ€"even as she sank down into the water until it was up to her chin. Light above, he better not have seen anything or she'd find a way to slaughter that djinn! Yes, the djinn, because this instance wasn't his fault so she couldn't exactly blame him. But then he said that he hadn't seen anything, and she relaxed a little. Only a little. She still kept her arms wrapped protectively around herself, though, and silently prayed no one could see anything through the water. It was a rather clean, clear lake, but...maybe the light's reflection off the surface obscured things enough.

Then Nexus pointed out her clothes, and Niamh couldn't help but slap her palm against her forehead and groan. "Yeah, why would I put my clothes up there, indeed. Gee, I wonder," she grumbled more to herself than anything, rolling her eyes and hunching her shoulders. Light, he could be dense sometimes. And then when Nexus told her to get dressed, she nearly choked.

"Get dressed?! Yeah! Right! I'm on it, Nexus! And how do you suggest I do that?!" she shouted at him, wincing at the slightly hysterical note that entered her voice. She couldn't help it, because she was naked in front of everyone (well, except for Tzak, because he'd run off) and her clothes were up a tall tree and the only way to get those down would be to climb said tree. And since she had no clothes, that meant she'd have to climb said tree naked. So yay! Her naked rump would be visible to the whole world from up there! Goody!

But before she could ask Nexus to please, please get down her clothes for her, he was climbing up the tree instead. Soon he'd retrieved her clothes, much to her relief, and had even made two towels for them. Still Niamh remained in the water, even as Demaht chuckled and waded out of the water, shameless of course, and snatched up the red towel.

"Thank ya, Nexus!" she said, sing-song, while Nexus walked away, something Niamh viewed with a mixture of horror and relief. Relief because Nexus was no longer near so she could finally get out and get dry, horror because Nexus was no longer near and she was alone with Demaht again.

Still, Niamh scrambled out of the lake and took up the remaining towel, quickly drying herself off while Demaht simply wrapped her own towel around her hair. "Well, that was fun. See ya back at camp, doll," Demaht said with a wink and, still naked save for the towel around her head, she marched past Niamh, who yelped and jumped when the djinn gave her a friendly slap on the bottom.

Augh! Stupid insufferable djinn! Blushing deeply, Niamh finished tugging up her breeches, yanked on her shirt, and slid her feet into her boots before she took off back to the camp, toweling off her hair and frowning. And of course there was Demaht, flouncing over to Tzak still in her birthday suit to happily greet him. Niamh snorted and walked over to Nexus, too angry to really be embarrassed by Demaht's nudity. She was a woman, anyway, and Niamh was too embarrassed about, well, everything else.

"Just so you know, Demaht stole my clothes. She's the one who did that, and I really, really don't like her," she told him stiffly, cheeks still red, before she paused and asked as an afterthought, "You, um...you really didn't see anything, did you?"

Anonymous

How could he not laugh?

Had to get the horrible thought of Niamh drowning out of his mind after all. Not to mention how embarrassed she was. If the fact that Demaht was in the water didn't heat it up, no doubt the fiery bloody in her cheeks could boil the water. At least, that didn't seem to be the case really. It still seemed nice and cold, and much to his...well he wasn't sure what, but the lake was clouded, thanks to the morning light.

"I don't know Niamh. It seems kinda silly." Nexus commented, shaking his head. No doubt someone else stuck them up there. Probably Demaht. Well. Not probably. Demaht seemed to be enjoying this whole moment after all. Well, still, Niamh wasn't the most normal person in the world. Maybe she put them up there so people wouldn't steal them. She did seem like someone who would be afraid of that...or even seeing them. Hell he made her those himself but damned if he ever got to see a single threading of them.

Shy girls, right?

Nexus took a seat near Tzak, though Tzak seemed to have saved the food and was still cooking, onto a bit of the finely chopped potatoes in the pan. Ahh. Good. "Just keep moving them around, every few minutes or so." Nexus advised the man, who grinned back at the tall man with a hat. His cheeks were still a little flushed but he seemed a bit more...relaxed to say the least. That was always good. He didn't like the idea of Tzak being so...uncomfortable with everyone.

When suddenly a woman came bounding through the trees right at Tzak. It was Demaht. It was Demaht without any clothes on for that matter. Well, Nexus guessed if the man wasn't going to be embarrassed before, he was REALLY going to be embarrassed again. Heh. It would give a whole new meaning to the words up tight right? Hah hah! He was so mean.

"GAH! DEMAHT!" Tzak managed to avoid any contact with Demaht, launching himself like a scared cat away from her behind a fallen long, crouching there behind with his eyes looking more...upward than anything. "W-what are you doing?! P-put some clothes on De-Demaht!" It was more like a strangled plea really, he was visibly scared, almost like Demaht was going to kill him or something. Alright, even Niamh wasn't...alright, if he danced about naked she'd probably do the same thing.

"I kinda figured as much." Nexus said with a small shrug of his shoulders. Well. He figured it was either Demaht or Niamh, Tzak couldn't have done it, and Nexus wouldn't have thought of it. "Well, I saw a lot of Demaht...still am seeing a whole bunch of that. But as for you a flash of white collar bone and neck and that's about it." He decided to be honest about that, she was so shook up about things of that nature that joking or giving her one of those twinkly eye'd grins would just throw her off.

"Why is she still naked?! She shouldn't be naked!" Tzak cried out, trying escape the ever pursuing Demaht. Nexus wondered if that were even possible really. He couldn't go more than twenty feet until she started being pulled a long after all. "You know Tzak, she's always complaining about you not making enough wishes." Nexus said finally, looking to the grey man who just blinked a few times.

"Just saying is all. Anything you could ever want to put her in." Nexus put his arm about Niamh after ward, giving her a squeeze as he reached over with his other free hand to continue cooking while Tzak was distracted. "I'd see what kind of suit of armour she could make for herself, or what kind of large goose down filled coat and pants she could conjure." Nexus whispered cheekily to Niamh with a slightly evil grin. The Djinn did seem to hate wearing thick clothes that hid her body, so something like THAT, which would hide her entire body, curves and all, really well? Hah! She'd hate it.

Maybe not the suit of armour. He could see that going...oddly.

Heh. Chain mail Bikini and thong.

Rhindeer

"Hah! Why put on clothes when I get sucha reaction outta ya nude? Ya don't do that when I'm clothed," Demaht laughed when he launched himself away, though her grin was anything but pleasant. It was predatory. "Aww, why so jumpy? I ain't gonna hurtcha, darlin'. I ain't got knives for hands, promise!" she said, wiggling her fingers ominously at him as she slowly stalked toward him like a wolf that knew the lamb had been cornered. It just cracked her up. Her was this big, buff man and she was just an innocent, harmless, short little woman that had him scared to death.

Yes. Innocent. Harmless. That was totally her.

"Good..." Niamh said, relaxing. Neck and collar bone. Pshaw. She wasn't worried about that, that was as much as anyone saw any day. She wanted to go on a rant about the djinn, about how she was driving her insane, about how she couldn't stand to be around her, about how she was going to go have a talk with Tzak and see if he couldn't get her under control, but then she remembered that traveling with them gave her an excuse to get to La'marri without having to make up any awkward lies and she bit her tongue. She could endure it a bit longer...

Then Tzak cried out and Niamh turned her head to look. And promptly palmed her forehead. She took only one look at Demaht, who was now just floating lazily after Tzak and cackling like a mad woman as she was pulled along by their connection, and Tzak, who was running around like a maniac, and gave a long, low sigh, rolling her eyes. Dear Light, she hoped she never acted like that when Nexus was being weird. Sure she was "prudish" as she'd been called before, but if she ever acted like that she sincerely hoped someone would slap her. Repeatedly. If she ever acted like Demaht she'd burn herself on a pyre.

"Oi, you guys are giving me a headache," she muttered to herself, plopping down next to Nexus and rubbing her temples. It was something else, though, witnessing those kind of antics and now she really was genuinely concerned that she acted that...stupidly...

Probably drove other people nuts, too...

To be honest, it kind of annoyed herself. Growing up half Solisi, but getting the morals of her mother's old culture. There had been plenty of times when she'd felt alienated and awkward as a result, like she didn't quite belong in either culture even though she loved both, but she always seemed to favor her mother's side and yet she still wanted to make her father proud.

Maybe that was part of the reason she'd run off to join the Lumenari. Well. Subconciously. Consciously, it had been a selfish decision after a fight, but maybe part of her had wanted to learn to be more Solisi and thought she could kill two birds with one stone that way--do the Mother's will and learn more about who she was.

"Nexus, if I ever act like that, please hit me until I stop," she said suddenly, looking over at him with a bewildered, but serious expression on her face. "Just not with a whip or anything. Ahem. But seriously, I don't ever act like that...do I? 'Cause that's just scary." She stared into the cooking fire and absently messed with the flames, changing their shape.

But maybe this was just her feeling generally disconnected from her people. She'd been so convinced she could do it, live away from them, but...she wasn't sure.

Maybe this was just another one of those weird, doubtful moments. It would pass.

Then why are you trying so hard to get to La'marri? She shook the thought out of her mind. It was a question she didn't want to tackle just yet.

When Nexus spoke, Demaht stopped in place, planted her hands on her hips, and shot him a level stare. "Don't go there, boy," she said, glowering at him. "This ain't your business so ya stay outta it an' don't give him no ideas! An' as for you, Tzakky, ya stop runnin' now an' gimme a hug!"

Anonymous

"B-because there is no reason t-too!" Tzak managed to squeak out as he stayed exactly where he was. Which of course was away from Demaht. He forget really everything about her. That he could wish clothes, that he could take the amulet off, pretty much everything. All he knew is that a very nude and dripping wet Demaht just bouncing after him. Bouncing. Kinda hypnotic. Gah! Nope! Not that! Not at all!

Eeek!

She was getting closer. Already he was panicking. His heart was thumping very fast and his eyes flickered in his skull, looking for escape. There had to be a good place he could escape to. Was there a place he could get get to? Like...there had to be...He just...needed to get away from this crazy woman.

Why was she naked anyway?!!

Nexus was actually amused by all of this. Tzak was like a scared rabbit and Demaht was kind of like a very lazy fox that was hunting him. Either that or the rabbit and the fox had a leash and were stuck together.

"Ah they're not that bad." He almost wished they could have such a relationship. Well. Alright maybe not. He wished that she just wanted to be more physical and relaxed with her body. That would be pretty nice really. He wanted her to just...want to sit on his lap or hug him, kiss him, that sort of thing! However, that would probably take a little while with her. Even more than...sevenish months.

"Hmmm..." Nexus raised an eyebrow as he looked over to Niamh with a small grin. Oh she really didn't want to do that did she? He was pretty sure that she didn't. He would ENJOY that after all. He would...really really enjoy that. It was Niamh after all, she was his, and he wanted to do that sort of thing. Oh yes. But...she wasn't comfortable with that. Then again, he had never simply attacked her naked. He had learned a bit of respect for her and he didn't just walk about naked. He could have but...his body wasn't something he really wanted to flaunt so much.

"You? No no, never like that. You get really high voiced sometimes and you blush a lot, stammer, and sometimes you run away..." He shrugged his shoulders, not like Tzak was though. Tzak looked like he was trying to burrow himself under a rock or something. Try to blend in with the surrounding but he really couldn't. Oh no. He couldn't just blend anymore.

Nexus grinned a little bit at her as he sat back a bit more, crossing one leg over the other. Tzak seemed to just stand there until it sunk in. He...he could make her wear anything he wanted! Anything really! That could be fun! Tzak slowly grinned as he rubbed his hands together.

"A-alright Demaht...before I do...I j-just wish you'd put on a large pink turtle neck sweater that covers from the middle of your neck downward to your waist and to your wrists as well covering all of your torso, with large fluffy purple gloves, a pleaded green skirt that starts above your hips and goes down to past your knees, a pair of p-panties that are black and cover both the front and back of your body, and rainbow coloured knee high socks." Nexus almost burst out laughing. He could see from here that Tzak's face was darker, it no doubt had been the part mentioning the panties. Perhaps the boy realized Demaht could just flash him.

Well, at leas the kid was thinking.

Really thinking.

This was gonna be bad.

Rhindeer

"Good," Niamh answered, sagging with relief. So she blushed, stammered, and sometimes bolted. That she could live with. But regardless of what Nexus said, it still didn't change her opinion that those two were acting a bit like idiots. Tzak was worse than a girl and he was a man and Demaht was just a regular harlot. Hmph.

Admittedly she was biased, however, considering all the men she grew up knowing were never shy or awkward about stuff like that and they were certainly a lot more...manly and bold. Maybe that's why it annoyed her, and maybe it came from her own temperament, as well. The only times she could think of where she was meek was when it dealt with matters of the flesh but she liked to think of herself as otherwise bold and brave. It was only mixed up morals from her mother's side that made her that way to begin with. Other than that? She'd always been surrounded by confident, strong people. Her entire culture was made up of people like that.

After all, she stood up to Nexus and being part of the Lumenari sure didn't breed meek behavior. Seeing someone act so weak willed and subservient really bugged her. It hadn't at first because she'd been distracted by Demaht, but she found it grating on her more and more. It was almost embarrassing.

And she increasingly found herself wishing she could be more confident in all areas.

Fortunately for her own sanity, Tzak's attitude took a change for the better and his expression became what Niamh could only describe as devious.  She raised an eyebrow and watched.

And unlike Nexus she did crack up at what he wished for.

Demaht was not amused.

Before the djinn could protest or swear, poof, it was done and there she stood in everything Tzak had wished for, which was probably the most hideous outfit ever known to man. Demaht stared down at herself, hardly registering what she was wearing.

Oh. My. Gods.

The clashing colors! The lack of fashion sense! The thorough covering of skin! UNDERWEAR! Gods be damned she was going to get a wedgie, how could humans stand that?! Her eyebrows climbed high on her forehead as she continued to stare, and even though there was no physical need to do so, for the first time in her life she felt that vomiting would be entirely appropriate.

It looked like a rainbow, a hideous, color blind rainbow, puked all over her!

"Change me back. Change me back NOW, Tzak!" she finally managed to snarl, looking up at him with her eyes narrowed into feral, golden slits. Her lips curled into a snarl. "I want my old clothes back an' I want 'em back NOW. So ya best be doin' it, boy, or so help me you'll regret this."

If ever there was a crime worthy of the death penalty, this was it.

Anonymous

Tzak and Demaht had that really strange relationship. Nexus wasn't really bugged by behaviour. Well. He had been bugged by Niamh's initially perhaps...she had been so confident, carrying an unsheathed weapon and all that...it was different back then. He had been different. He had really relaxed...really changed he hoped. He still sometimes wished Niamh would just...let her religion go but that wasn't his place. It never really should have been his business in the first place but...such was life.

He was pretty sure that Niamh would act exactly like Tzak if he were to come at her naked and dripping wet. He'd have to find out one day, for sheer hilarity really. Just because it was so adorable to see her squirm. Still, he couldn't believe how...different she was acting. He could openly watch naked Demaht and she wasn't doing a thing about it.

That...that felt a little off.

However Nexus pushed that from his mind as the wish was suddenly done, the clothes appearing on her body. He roared with laughter and slapped his knee as he couldn't believe what it looked like. Horrible. It looked so bright, so gaudy and so very...very...bad. That was the only way he could put it. She had been dressed by a blind guy almost. Everyone probably forgot that for Tzak, without his helmet on, a colour was just a name to him. Of course, he knew these colours would NOT look very good. They really didn't of course. They looked so hideous but...

Justice was swift and unfair sometimes.

Ugh, he really shouldn't think like that again.

"I don't...remember saying the duration of how long you had to wear them..." He did look frightened though, very scared of how...wild she looked. Was she actually angry at him? He couldn't say for sure but...at least she was in clothes right? "So I think you can change into your regular clothes on your own." That would be nice actually. He'd rather have her in those than...no clothes at all...even though they were almost the same thing.

"I wish we could travel with these two more, imagine the hours of amusement we could enjoy just watching them." Nexus whispered quietly to Niamh, his eyes never looking away from the two of them. Ah well though. Maybe in the future they could meet up again perhaps. Couldn't hurt after all.