Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Voyage through the woods and NOT to grandmother's house.

Started by Anonymous, September 26, 2007, 08:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Mepheal ran though the woods, he ran for fun, he ran to feel the earth beneath his feet, he ran to feel the win whip though his long brown hair, he ran because he liked to run and he was good at it. He smiled with childlike delight as he ran, all four feet on the ground. His front hooves crashed down breaking pebbles beneath them, his back talons launch the earth behind him skywards, and his hands were thust out to his sides in exhaultation of this simple pleasure. He known with confidence that he was a sight anyone would never forget.
He figured people remembered him because of his stunning good looks and winning personallity. In truth it is hard to forget him because he is rather unique. If a centuar, a cat, and a dragon got drunk and had a kid Mepheal would be the result. He was a taur. His lower half was the of a dragon though his front legs ended in hooves, his top half was that of a bare chested man with cat ears. and covering various places of his body was what at first glance appeared to be bone armor plates, but a closer inspection revealed they were part of him. He towered above many with his height of over twelve feet and was okay with this fact. He was hard to lose in crowds was what he told people when they asked if it bothered him.
His only piece of what could apporch clothing was a strap of leather going from his right shoulder to his left hip, this supported a massize bone greatsword on his back. The blade was long enough he could sit back on his hind (more dragonic) legs to his full height of over sixteen feet and lean on the pommel of the sword and support himself with the tip.
This blade bounced against his back with each stride. It was a reassuring thump and with the wild creatures out there he was glad for it's presence. but the thought of battle was not on his mind, just the thrill of running faster and faster down a dirt path going throught the draconi forest. He ran because he had no where special to be, and wanted to get there as fast as possible.

Anonymous

The spirits had a lot to say today.
Though the forest held many hungry beasts and numerous monsters that dwelled in the real world as readily as they did in the psyches of the humanity they were believed to prey upon, something gentle, something observant, walked alone, the sound of a a single bell on a neck collar heralding her coming to all who would be surprised by simply seeing her. She did not want to offend anyone, you see, any spirit of the wood. She was a curious one, this girl... literally. She wanted to know... not just see, so she was busy... busy doing her best to learn what the Spider had to teach her.

Like all things... this little spider on her outstreatched finger, biting her, had a spirit... and that was what she was concerned with, it seemed, as she stared at the tiny creature as it dawned upon the eight-legged creature that she wasn't its foe. She smiled as it retracted its fangs from her flesh, and looked somewhat mournfully at the damage it had already done. She just smiled and shook her head as she strode. "It is alright... you were afraid of me... I apologize for startling you... I would have bitten me too." She said, as very softly as she could. The little spider raised its forelegs as she spoke, and lowered them, then raised one to feel towards her. She smiled, and let it touch a finger from her other hand.

The little creature looked as though he was about to speak... but he then touched her, in a sudden way that made her jolt from her misty-eyed concentration with a start.

<Look>

its voice cried in her head, and she looked over her shoulder, only to see a.. monter! She squealed out, just as the creature barreled headlong into her! It was probably her fault... she just walked out from behind a tree and stepped right into his path, but that still left the matter of her flying through the air. Sure, it hurt, and she felt what must have been her ribs take a serious blow and bruise, she was more concerned for the safety of her terrified spider friend, clinging for dear life to her finger. She soared through the air a good five... ten... fifteen feet! Then skidded across the ground on her shoulder, doing her best to keep the spider from scraping, crying out as the shoulder dislocated. She skid to a stop, her backpack still somehow remaining on her back, and as she whimpered, lying there in pain, the spider fled for the life she'd done her best to save.

Shayna smiled, and lost conciousness at last from the pain, the little girl dressed in the simple brown and white peasant's dress curled into a little ball, leaves piled behind her impressively collected pile of skid.

Anonymous

"oh crap"
Mepheal looked through the woods to the small figure still seen through the trees, she was laying in a ball and not moving.
"Oh crap..."
He had tried his best to avoid her when she steped onto the path but his best had not been good enough, he had been going full throttle and going from top speed and making a sudden turn on a narrow path.. well it had not worked, he avoided running her down (which would have rendered her to a fine paste on the ground) but his tail, lashing out to self correct balence and keep him from falling over had slammed into and knocked her flying.
"OHCRAPCRAPCRAPITYCRAPCRAP! CRAP!!!"
He ran towards the tiny figure, looking so small.. so easily broken. He remembered the look on her face, a look of horror, of unmitigated fear...
the parts of him not panicking winced at the recollection of the look on her face and the sound of her scream.
He arrived quickly and skidded to a stop beside her. He kneeled down and felt her pulse, she was still breathing. He tried to wake her. She seemed to be out cold...
"oh crap..."
he thought back to what his family had taught him about medicine... unfortunatly he was not the best student with the medical arts but he gently examined her. He noticed her shouldar was dislocated and grabing  her upper arm and gently putting a hand on her chest he relocated it qucikly, and took his hand off her chest quickly... it would be just her luck if she had woken up then. He finished his examination and determined she had not broken bones but from the way his tail hit her ribs he knew it had to have been a near thing.
He reached down and picked her up, so light, so fragile... and held her to his chest, carefully, he tried to avoid any sudden moves as he held her in her arms.
He thought she was alright but he figured he best take her too a doctor or something to be sure... so he gently and above all slowly began to walk to where the nearest help could be found.

Anonymous

Sure, she'd been knocked flying by him.. but he'd kept going, and her Axis soul was left standing where she was standing before. She was bewildered, having not realized where she was or what the heck had just happened... but then it dawned on her as she watched her body fall and her arm dislocate... she felt everything, crying out once as a spirit... but her conciousness was not in that body after he hit her the first time, but she remained concious even when her body did not.

The experience was something she'd trained herself to recognize and, since it had become so easy for her to do... so easy, it became a reaction, not just a mode of transport. She looked back at him, eyes wide with shock and fear for herself... she might see her own death, and that was disturbing... but she had to watch him. Had to see him do it... only half way to see if he really honestly would kill her. Something about him... hrrmh. It deserved investigation.

Her spirit then chased after him and stood beside him as he seemed to have a deep moral dillema. He was sad for hitting her, she realized! HE felt aweful! She blushed as he touched her and popped her arm back into place, wincing as she felt the pull. His aura was a gentle one, a kind spirit dwelling inside him... she couldnt even bear to be upset. He looked like he was awefully sorry, and his aura supported that... so she decided to ease his pain a bit.

So the Axis soul of the girl allowed herself back into her own body, which trembled. HEr conciusness slowly forced itself back into her flesh, and her eyes gently slid open. Everything hurt... her ribs and shoulder especially... but she was not willing to pass out again. Gently, her little hand reached up and clenched him gently by the chest, and her voice came from her, pained, but clear as she took a rattling breath.

"Kaah..." she began, tugging gently at the firm external bone fixtures on his chest to let him know she was there. "mmh... Thanks for fixing my arm..." she said, and squirmed just a bit in his arms, curling gently. She was light indeed, and very warm, and she felt rather safe in this big fellow's embrace. In a good deal of pain, but safe. she'd never seen a creature like him, and she was admittedly curious of him. This was just another lesson, another trial of life she'd have to learn from, so she eagerly snapped it up, ready to learn what she could from it... he'd not killed her, so she was to learn something new and keep living from it., so learn she would.

Anonymous

He looked down at her and felt his heart go *THUD THUD* as she looked up at him... and then mentally shook himself this was NOT the time or the place for thoughts like that, this is the time to get her to a place where a doctor was but to go slowly, carefully, especially since she was awake and would feel any jostling. He held her carefully, like he was transporting a giant piece of glass. He knew how strong he was and a sudden squeeze...
He shuddered and kept going. As he walked he spoke gently and trying not to scare her again.
"Listen... I am sorry, really I am... sometimes... when I run I lose mysely, I forget that narrow paths are not the safest for bystanders and that kind of speed is bested saved for open fields and the like. I really am sorry, I can only imagine what it was like to see me approaching at that speed... By the way I suppose I should interduce myself, I am Mepheal. I am a Chinimasse and as far as I know I am the only one of my kind."
He looked down at her and smiled.
"Guess that makes me unique..."

Anonymous

The human girl smiled and tugged again to get him to once more look down at her. His apology was recieved well, and she knew it was sincere somehow as he held her trembling form. Chemicals were running through her body to calm her down, making her shiver in the process, and she tried her best to calm herself. "Its okay... I should not have been so careless either... its no wonder I got hit like that." she apologized, smiling kindly up at him.

"Its at least halfways my fault, don't feel so bad, Mephael the Unique." She murmured. She wanted to give him her name immediately... but what... she mentally knocked herself and smiled. After a pause, she smiled and spoke again. "My name is Shayna Moonwillow... shayna is more like a title, and Moonwillow is too um... its not a fun name to have to say. People prefer to call me Luna, and I am a Medicine Woman by faith and trade." she mumrurs, nodding a little, her voice quiet in caution of her bruised ribs. She was pretty durable, she lived as a peasant and wanderer for a living, and worked hard, so her body was used to having to recover quickly. She'd be fine.

"Please... go to no further trouble, Mephael... I can walk on my own, and its not neccesary to bring me anywhere for healing... please, don't trouble yourself." she said kindly, cradling his cheek in her palm gently, like a kind mother or grandmother, despite how very young she was.

Anonymous

He looked at her and then leaned foward carefully setting her down, putting her on her feet, he put one hand carefully on her shouldar to steady her. He smiled, his confiedence coming back to him.
He loooked at her thoughts going back to his upbringing, to his family.
"You remind me of one of my sisters..."
He spoke after a moment of silence.
"You can see the same calmness in you as she had."
He mind flashed back to her, her cluckling softly as she bandaged his knee after he ran into one of the wagons. He had been quite upset... the wagon had been dented by the impact. She had calmed him down by singing... she had had such a wonderful voice.
A brief look of sadness and a trace of anger crossed his face as he remembered the raiders who had taken her life and the life of several of his family away from him five years ago... It had been the first time he had used the sword his family had found him with, and the raiders had paided for the lives of the fallen ten fold but revenge does not bring back the fallen.
He shook his head and looked at her
"You going to be okay? do you need anything? I could go hunt us something."

Anonymous

Luna smiled and just shook her head, having taken in his expressions as representations of past pains. She knew that look, she'd worked with many people in her life that made that look every once in a while... she herself knew a bit of the pain that caused people to make that look. She couldn't see his aura anymore, she wasn't able to concentrate enough, but she could imagine.

He said she was like his sister, and she again tried to use her imagination as to what he meant, even as he explained it. She gave him a sad smile... she sighed and held his hand in her own tiny hand. She was so small compared to this fearsome looking, but friendly creature. It was funny, really, how that worked... it was almost a trend in the natural world, to have something gentle look so frightening.

She shook her head a bit, and kept that compassionate smile on her face. "No I'm okay, Mephael, thank you for the offer... but I could use some company, truth be told. Hows that sound? I'm in no hurry to go anywhere special, and since we seem to be on the same pathway... I'd be glad for the company." she murmurs, and bows showly to him, panging a little as her ribs throbbed softly in a flash of pain.

"ooh..." she grunted, doubling over and blushing, before standing upright again. She closed one eye, still smiling. "Heh I think a break is in order though!" she chimed, and nodded.

Anonymous

His face was flushed with concern as she doubled over and he carefully guided her to a tree and gentle but forceably leaned her against it.
"Okay, traveling companions for a while then, but you ARE resting for a while.. I think making camp is a good plan. You are going to stay here and do as little as possible, I nearly broke those ribs, and if you argue I will strap you to the tree understand?"
With that he turned and starting making camp for the night, he gathered some dead wood and gathered it for a fire and cirlcled the fire with not one, but two rings of stone to prevent the fire from triggering a forest fire, then he plucked an couple of apples from a nearby tree and handed one to Luna and took a bite from his own, taking care to avoid the seeds which he intended to plant later.
"So Luna, what's your story? why are you traveling alone in the woods like this? and if you do not mind me asking what is with the masks?"

Anonymous

Taking the apple, the human girl took a grateful bite of it and swallowed it down after savoring the flavor happily. She took another, letting him do as he pleased, making the camp there. She ate it, core and all, collecting the seeds in her mouth, like she'd precticed a lot of times before. Some say everyone has their own way of eating an apple, and thats true, Luna learned, and hers was just another.

He asked his questions once the work was pretty much done, and she smiled and gratefully nodded and explained. "Well, I'm a wanderer of sorts. I go from town to town, place to place, on a kind of pilgrimage. You see, I walk a Shamanic path, and I go where the wind takes me, working as an intermediary between people and the spirits in everything. I heal, I teach, so on and so forth. Its fulfilling work that I enjoy!"

He asked her his question about the masks, and she looked down, smiling, at the wood and paint objects, pleasing to the eyes and very colorful. "Oh, you mean these?" She unhooks them all, kneeling and setting them down in front of her on a cloth that she was using as her belt to hold them up.

"These are inspirations from the spirits I've gotten to know and come to call my friends. Heres brother Wolf" she motions towards a white mask with a pink nose, shaped like a delicately proportioned wolf, femenine to represent that its owner is a woman. "He taught me the joys of wandering, and how to hunt with others in a team. He's gentle, really, a family man at heart... he travels with me like the others, and he's my good friend" she murmurs, touching the mask gently, smiling. She then touched a otter mask, making a silly, cheerful expression. "this is brother Otter! He's not as serious as brother wolf, but thats fine: He's playful and kind just the same. I met him when I almost got a little too friendly with father River. He saved my life, and taught me some things about father river. Whenever I see brother Otter, we usually play for a while." she said, smiling cheerfully and moving on to the next.

"Aaaand... this is Brother Bear. He's a big grump, but he's not so bad once you get to know him. We don't play much, or talk a whole lot, but he helps me hunt now and then, and we share the meat together. Brother Bear is very strong, and broke my arm once, but he took me in and watched over me until it healed... he's just a big softie with a bad temper is all." she said, batting her hand and smiling as she winked.

she then moved to the last, a red, painted coyote mask. It had several tribal looking markings on it. "And this is Brother Coyote. Few Shamans like him much... he's sad, but I can't blame them... he's scary sometimes, but he's like brother wolf in many ways, like brother otter in his playfulness... but also mysterious and ever changing. He's a spirit of change, and hard to understand... but I'm his friend, and I do my best." she said, gently stroking brother coyote's mask, smiling gently as she did.

"I make one for each that teaches me, Mephael. They help me sometimes, when I need them, and we play together whenever I feel lonely. Its a... little hard to explain.." she said, staring down at the masks thoughtfully, before letting him have a look for himself at them.

Anonymous

He listened carefully to her explaination and nodded when she finished.
"'Alone I seem but I am with friends you can not', I remember an old man in a village telling me this once. It stuck with me. There are many things I do not understand and that is okay."
He looked up at her smiling happily
"It makes life more interesting then if I understood it all."
He looked down for a while and struck the fire adding a few more sticks and once he was done he took the remains of his apple and buried the core.
"I guess it is only fair I tell you about me. My name is Mepheal as I told you, I was found as an egg by a group of nomadic traders. The only clue to my origin was the sword they found with me. I hatched when they were transporting my egg in hopes of selling it not knowing anything was alive in it. Once I hatched they accepted me as one of there own. I was raised not as a child of one family, but as the child of the whole village... it was a good life"
He smiled for a while, a smile with sadness, joy, and longing in it.
Then his expression turned a little more serious.
"I miss them but I had to leave, I just... had to get out... It was like something was driving me to move, like my very blood wanted me to go. I had to run, had to go... I think I am looking for wherever I came from. I... don't really understand it, I just know I do not want to be in one place for two long."
He looked at her smiling roefully.
"I am what one of my brother's described as 'what would happen if you  dumped the animal kingdom in a jar, shook it and poured it out' comparativly the whole mask thing is not so weird."

Anonymous

She giggled warmly, watching him move and speak and act... he was really innocent and sweet, so like several of the boys she'd met in other villages who had dreams of grandeur and glory, or of becoming a knight, or some other little thing like that. It was endearing to say the least.

"Its good that you had such a good childhood... I'm glad to hear that. Its warming to hear that a village could rise to the occasion like that and take care of a child so different from them... I'm glad, Mephael, that worked out like that..." she said, nodding gently.

"All too often have I heard of strange children being left to humans... and they are cruel to it. I'm glad that did not happen to you... and sorry for your losses." she said, noting his sad expressions mixed with the happy. "My mother died when I was rather young, and my father taught me the ways of the Shaman, how to walk that path, and ever since, I've never been alone anymore." she said, nodding gently. "We're kindred spirits, you and I, it would seem." she said, and smiled at him, calking her head just a little to accent her adorableness, though it was doubtful that this was an intentional thing.

Anonymous

A smile crossed his lips as he gazed upon her, a smile born of feelings and
"WHOA WHOA WHOAAA!!" he heard his brain scream at him sounding alot like one of his uncles.
"YOU HAVE JUST MET HER, YOU HAVE KNOWN HER FOR ONE DAY AND SHE IS PRETTY BANGED UP! THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO THINK ABOUT THIS!!!... wait a few days, see what happens. don't be in a rush. How many relationships have you seen rushing in ruin?"
He shook his head knowing he needed to cool off, so he looked at her and said.
"Hey it is getting late and I have not eaten yet, you in the mode for fish or meat?... or are you a vegatarian?"
He asked the last on stroking his hairless chin.

Anonymous

She grinned cheerfully, and giggled a little bit, nodding and smiling happily. "Rar, let's have some meat!" was her playful reply so he'd know that without a doubt, she was not a vegetarian. "I'm going to sit still I think... I can heal this, I just need some time is all, you see?" she murmured, smiling at Mephael as she lie there, feeling a little sleepy. It was likely that she'd have some trouble, but that was okay...

Anonymous

He smiled at this, for though he could live on almost anything he perfered meat, the texture, the scent, and it was just more feeling for him. Plus the thrill of the hunt...
In one swift move he detached his sword and  shouldered it. As he did do a change came over him, he still had the same smile on his face but it was just a little darker, a little more focused, a little more confident, as if the mere act of drawing his sword had caused a minor change in his personallity. He looked down at her.
"I will be back as soon as I can... if you need any help just give me a whistle."
With that he disapeered into the underbrush. His movement was differant, more graceful, quieter, the personification of a predator hunting. Every step was percise, delibrate. Be moved with a purpose. That purpose was the hunt.
He needed something... something big, he was hungry and needed something more then a few squirrels. Though that did not stop him from scooping up a sqiurrel and shoving it in his mouth, there was a quick squeek, a crunch and then the forest was quiet again. It barely put a dent in his hunger but it was something. He was on the move again, his ears swiveling with each step, his nostrils flaring. He hunted like this for little under an hour. That is when he heard a twig snap.
He stalked towards the sound, moving as quietly as he could, staying downwind from the source. That is when he saw it, a deer, large, male, ten pointer too... most of all it looked healthy.
He smiled a predatory grin and leaped from the treeline, the deer saw him and bolted, jumping gracefully between trees as if it knew Mepheal's larger form would not fit. He smiled wider because though he was not as agile, he was faster.
Stealth was dropped to the way side as he barreled though obstacles in his way, pushing his way though the bushes and powering through vines. he poured on the speed. for twenty minutes they raced through the forest, each trying to get an edge on the other, the deer trying to go through small spaces to lose him, him using the longer routes but keeping up because of his superiour speed. This could have lasted a lot longer when the deer made a mistake. It bolted into a meadow.
This was all the opening Mepheal needed, he exploded from the tree line and in one powerful leap obliterated the distance between them, the deer look up shocked as Mepheal brought down the blunt side of his blade on the deers neck, a loud crack echoed though the forest. The deer fell and Mepheal threw back his head and roared.
It was a roar of victory, a roar of primal conquest, a roar that  shock the treetops with it's wrath.
Finally he stopped, leaned down and throw the deer over his lower back, admiring it's pelt and antlers... He had a notion and as he started back towards camp he started planning the details.

Anonymous

The shaman girl had been living in the forest along time... it was her traveling companion every day from the break of dawn to the deepest ends of twilight as she took as little time as she could getting from village to village, and village to home. Her role as a teacher to those whom lived in this place, and in exchange for many nights where she could grow closer to the spirits through faithful persistance to help all she could, and through love to see her own fellow man blossom into knowdedge of what was around them through the spirits of the things around them, and not by her hand in manipulation either: They did these things in honest desire to know what she knew, to understand what she understood.

She helped all she could, and was not alone in it of course... this was a big, and dangerous country she cared for. Bandits, monsters made long ago to ravage and destroy, yet have been bred into the circles of lesser animals to become something horrifyingly commonplace, and the natural hazards, all of it was definately worth the harrows... for in growing closer to the spirits that were around everything for growing closer to her fellow man, that was the real reward.

Just the same... the spirits are merely nurturing to strengthen us... The spirits have desires. Here, she realized, is where it got creepy, all this talk of duty to your homeland, to your people to gain some kind of enlightenment... after all, it was rather outlandish, especially when one considers the kinds of dangers inherent in that forest... why would she take the risk if she were anything less than a Zealot of the shamanistic faith? No... not quite. She never would accept such a high title for herself... for her motivation was something deeply perosnal: It made her feel like she was doing something, that she feel safe, and strong, and able to protect those she kept in her care as well as simply teach them. The spirits, through her walks with the animal spirits and learned what she could from them, everything they would teach her. She developed friendships with them, and each, for its recognition of her true devotion to making personal ties with them, granted her a form... one like theirs, to call her own in the astral world, so she might walk among them, as they do, so they might know her for what she is: An ambassador, to all of the spirit world on behalf of her land... she was one of them, and listened to their cries of pain when one among them would grow sick, just as she would to humanity... so when she slept, that was when she became as a medicine woman should be... a walker between worlds, a strider of both worlds, ours and the world of the spirits.

So now, when she needed healing from the taxes of the day, in meeting perhaps a new companion on her, admittedly, lonely lifestyle... She'd only been at it for a few years now... and was perhaps all too eager to grow as quickly as she could, and did too much, pethaps... that was open to discussion in her opinon... she did what she loved, after all... she still needed to be with people... she was still human. She needed rest, too, for her body was fragile, and if nothing else, this Mephael creature, whom had a soul like her own, had given her an honest want to have him follow, be with her... also kinda creepy. Something just drew her to him, so naturally, tonight, she would not be able to help herself, while her friends would tend over her body with their energies unseen, she would follow him in spirit, and not one would judge her greater than a loving smile and a nod of understanding here or there. She was as much their child as she was the child of humans... she was their beloved intermediary, and more than that, like their younger sister, innocent and sweet in their eyes, like a child willing to learn and mimic the ways of their parents; a pup, a cub,and what have you... point being she was adorable to them.

Peeking around a tree and blinking a little, the spiritual form of the medicine girl, clad as she was in her physical form in her still human shape, as she appeared in real life, she smiled and tried to be quiet.. even if he'd never hear a spirit stalk him if he had ears three times that size... though she forgot that pretty easily. Still, she felt as if she was in the real world,and had to hide... just seemed right to her. She felt a presence near her... and blushed, giving a little shudder as she knew he was there.

It was brother Coyote, ever mysterious in his silence. She looked across the path on which Mephael strode, to the other half of the treeline, and about twenty feet from her was the female manifestation of brother coyote, his curiosity aspect... appearantly cooincidental of course... she'd met this 'sister' coyote a couple times before... she wore a humanlike form, with the featuring of a coyote, as the younger generations of these spirits tended to do. She herself did that from time to time, the medicine girl and him.

Coyote was of course there to see her, because she was worried when her kid sister got hurt like that... coyote always had to hang back in concerns like this... Coyote, you see, was an outsider, not trusted for her... his... whatever, all-changing nature. he was too chaotic.
"What is it, you like him?" she said, excited as Luna shot Mephael a glance over the trees, smiling at her sister.

"Oh-ho... thats unlike you..." Coyote said, grinning and slouching against the tree, staring at her human sister. Even if Coyote was an outsider... he was rejected, as this human, so young, would wiggle her way into their social circles so easily, so very quickly... it was frustrating, and a part of her wanted to hate this human child... but she herself could not help but seriously feel like an older sister towards her... in every way she could get away with, from tormenting her playfully to being whatever else she needed that the more serious spirits could be, a true sister, even if she wanted to actually take her time teaching Luna the path of the Coyote... It was Luna who stood her greatest chance as acceptance. It had to be right, so she would take all the time in teaching this human girl all her path had to offer gradually. The boon of her devotions would be well earned by that point.

Luna stuck her tongue out at Coyote, and blushed. "Shuddup..." she whined, and coyote stuck her tongue out about the human. "Bleeeah you know you're a pervert... you're wondering about the size of his branches and you know it."

That made the girl's physical body blush even more. "Stopiiiit....!" Luna whined, flailing a little bit, and Coyote chuckled to herself, shaking her head. "Go on, go on, pup, go watch crunk scratch himself." Coyote continued to tease, and without waiting, Luna did just that, punching coyote in the arm playfully as she went, eliciting a feign "Argh, you've broken my will to liiive..." and a raspberry and a shove. "G'wan little one, go on..." she joshed, and followed after a few moments.

Luna walked close to the Chinnimase as she felt comfortable as she came upon the spirit of a very traumatized squirrel. She chuckled, and knew what happened... so she scooped the little creature up and held it close, doing her best to calm it down and let it know that even though it had gone through a.... harrowing experience... to say the least... everything would be allright, damnit. This one would take some time to see that again, rather comically. Her fierce hunter was her real interest.

He was good... knew certainly what he was doing. She had to strain as he bolted through the forest, and Brother Wolf called her to her wolf form as his healing hands worked on her body. She complied, becoming a blonde shewolf, bouncing as she ran in paralell to him in the field to the curiosity of all creatures there who saw her. She bolted as fast as she could, through the trees' bodies and over mounds of the living stone, which she could not penetrate so easily.  When he caught his kill, she was waiting, a squirrel on her head, for the deer to wiggle out of its husk and free itself from the dead flesh, and drop there, dazed and in a bit of shock from the pain of it. This one was much more reasonable... he got to die after trying to outrun him, evade him. He lost, fair and square. He was much more reasonable and would be a much better influence over the squirrel than she in helping the smaller creature cope with the shock of it, so she left the squirrel there for him to help along, for he understood better than she, even as the deer heard his predator's roar that made the tree spirits themselves shiver in response to the excitement in his voice.

She smiled at him and clapped a couple times, bouncing up and down a little. She saw first hand that he was strong, and clever, and was kinda rooting for him, glad he's not a softie of any kind.Her real body was asleep peacely then as she bounded after her victorious hunter.

(as a post-note, I looked over this part carefully today, for I had written it deep into the night... I was certainly delerious when I wrote it, so... Heh sorry about all that. It looks fine and everything... buuutt... its got some errors and goes off on tangents.)

Anonymous

He loved the feeling after a hunt, the feeling of his primative side surging through his blood, the roar of the dragon within, his every sense alight and at it's peak when...
He head turned back and forth across the field... his ears swiveled and nostrils flared. He could feel somthing watching him... something observing... something... gleeful?
It was a faint presense.... barely there, if his senses were not on overload, his primitive self trying to protect his kill he would not even register it but it was there. Most would simply write off the feeling but he knew better.
The presense seemed family like... someone he know... He shook his head and headed back to camp, he had left Luna alone in a forest, one that might be haunted to boot, he feet blured, anyone who had thought he had been fast before when he was chasing the deer would have been dumbstruck as this creature rammed his way through the underbrush, his face lined with determination, his right hand holding his sword at his shoulder level, the muscles coiled like springs, ready to bring the full force of his power behind the blow.
He knew if there was a ghost there would be little he could do but he was beyond caring about that, he would act as he saw fit. He exploded into the clearing where the camp was and swiveled his head taking in every detail.

Anonymous

The only real feature of the camp, aside from the things that Mephael had made, was Luna, floating about an inch off the ground, looking like something unseen were holding her up by her chest, arms and legs left to touch the ground, a radiant blue light surrounding her being. She was healing, it seemed, what blood there had been from her impact with the Chinimasse gone.

Her eyes slid open as she slowly set down, blushing a little and smiling sheepishly as he approached her, looking like he was a little upset. She was almost fully healed... but she was certain he would feel uncomfortable if she went about floating and glowing all evening. The shaman girl could feel the animal spirits all around her, still watching over her and staring at the man, but he would not be able to see them. Sense them via instinct, perhaps... but he was a civilized being, and would probably be quite used to ignoring and being ignored by the spirits in the world.

Anonymous

Mepheal's left eyebrow raised when he saw her floating then he swiveled his head and ears around the camp. Seeing nothing else new he picked the deer off his back and held it in on hand. He faced away from the camp and thrust his finger tips into the deer's hide. His claws cut through it like butter and as he pulled downward making a cut he swiveled one ear towards Luna.
"Sorry for coming into camp like that.. there is something out in that forest, it was watching me... just making sure you were alright..."
He cut another incision. His movements were practiced, precise, surgical.
He stopped and looked at the deer for a while and spoke.
"You know as I was stalking I was thinking... admittedly not much..."
He turned and smiled meekishly.
"I tend to focus pretty hard when I hunt."
He turned back to the job at hand.
"But with a little care and some work I could make you some leather armor... reinforce it with the antlers and bone... maybe make you a pair of knives if you like... I am good at the sort of thing... Though we will need to wind a empty stump and water proof it... then we will need to cure it..."
He began to talk to himself he went through what he was planning in detail, almost talking to himself, as he talked he worked, cutting and deboning, nothing was thrown out that could possibly be used. The liver he fondly set aside on a clean leaf. He loved liver, so gooood... did not even need cooking.
"and then that should do it, you will have at least SOME measure of protection for your chest and body... besides muscle and... umm.."
He looked up for a moment as if phreasing the words in his head.
"padding?... so what do you think?"
He turned his head back on her, his head slightly cocked.