Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Pianist

Started by Anonymous, October 16, 2007, 03:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"You see, this shows how much of a child you are...When people question how I live, only then do I feel perterbed enough to impose onto theirs. I do not make unfounded judgements. Normally, if someone wishes to be ignorant and plain annoying, I could care less...They can ruin their own lives for all I care." Takumi smirked, a hint of loathing in her accented voice. She then glanced back towards Griever.

"And what I meant was that there might be a person holding an object...But, the object could also be a person..." She answered in a strange riddle, her eyes once again glinting mysteriously as she toyed with her hair. "Take it as you wish."

"You might find it wise to hold your tongue...We do not often resort to killing in Eclipse, but when annoyed, we will not hold back in any sense. Be warned, each of us has a reach that spans this whole world..." She added, her voice softening dangerously. "Our point is to bring about a...Revolution of visionaries...If you will. We simply wish to rid this land of its currently putrid leaders...That is all."

"But I must admit, your conclusions make you the rude one, not me...Alarra."

Anonymous

That was strange…how did the girl know her name? It wasn’t like she was famous or anything, and she hadn’t told Takumi…This girl was quite unusual, but then again Alarra herself was a shadow manipulating sorceress with the powers strong enough to devastate armies. She doubted Takumi knew that however.

Alarra found herself a little annoyed at the man now, he was just sat their watching the two women argue, he probably enjoyed it…Then again they were in a brothel.

â€˜Hmph’ing Alarra got up and walked across to the piano. She felt she had better do something to distract herself, she might end up killing Takumi otherwise.

She began to play quite a pretty, happy song which was nothing like her current mood. And if Takumi didn’t like it, well then tough.

Anonymous

Griever sat silently as the two went at it in a assaulting each other with a flurry of cynical remarks. He sat silent until the pianist rose up in a fit, and walked back to her piano. She began to play a joyful song, but it was apparent that her heart was still enraged. Griever looked over Takumi's shoulder at the pianist for a moment, then turned his head slightly back to Takumi. "Revolution,eh?" Griever set his drink on the table as he pondered on the prospect of what he was getting himself into. A hushed moment passed between the two, as the gentle sounds of piano music wafted in the background. Griever closed his eyes as he continued to think.

"A revolution of visionaries." Griever said as he opened his eyes as they instantly changed from their usual golden color to a softly glowing shade of crimson.

".......Just what this world needs...."

Anonymous

Takumi scowled slightly at the behavior of the pianist. Tch. Now who was the childish one? Pouting and stalking away from an argument like a toddler who got joked upon. Why was this not surprising to her? But that wasn't important...It would be better to ignore her.

Her violet gaze once more returned to Griever, noticing the change in his eyes. An eyebrow arched slightly, her curiousity obviously peaked by his slight interest. "Hm? And would that be a sarcastic statement...Or one of general interest? For if it is not the latter, I might be rather inclined to give you the same treatment as I did that fool..." She jerked her silver head at the man who was now slightly concious from her "Touch of Death".

Ah well. Served him right. The possibility of brain damage never hurt anyone... Not if they didn't have a brain in the first place.

Anonymous

Griever's eyes locked onto Takumi's. "I must admit, I am rather interested..." Griever said as he rose up from the table. "I'm so tired of it all..." Griever said as a lamentfull tone swept over his voice. "This place holds no interest to me..."

Griever turned back to Takumi, and quickly regained his former emotionless expression. He gathered himself, and glared at Takumi for a moment. He took another swig of his drink before smashing it against another wall.

griever turned around and took a few steps away as he spoke."Takumi...." Griever said, as he turned his head slightly, and looked at Takumi out of the corners of his eyes. He was unsure what this was, this fire burning within him. his own inner demons perhaps, or maybe this was something more; his own desperate cries for purpose- for meaning. Yes, this was perhaps the opportunity he had been waiting for, and he'd be damned if he let it slip away.

"Let's start this revolution..." Griever finished as a wicked grin crept across his face. The first grin that he had displayed since his rebirth.

Anonymous

Takumi listened to this slight reminiscense, obviously curious still about this rather strange figure in front of her. "Heh...You sound like every other person in Eclipse...Strangely ironic, to find someone like you in such a place..." She murmured softly, that strange smirk creeping back over her lips.

At his glance, a laugh sprung from the foreigner's lips. It was light and bell-like, yet obviously taunting at the same time. "Ha! You might be the only man that I have met in my life who doesn't seem like a complete fool! This is actually profitable! Yes, let's start a revolution, by all means..." She breathed, standing up with a flourish of her cloak. "I'm sure the others will be most pleased with this..."

"How about you, girl?" She glanced at Alarra, not caring if she listened.

Anonymous

Alarra wasn’t going to go with them, she couldn’t stand Takumi. Also, she didn’t agree with violence, it never solved anything. And say Eclipse were able to overthrow the world’s current leaders, at what cost? They were probably just as bad as the monarchies and the governments.

â€œI want no part in it.â€?

Though her life wasn’t perfect she wasn’t going to run off and become a killer just for the sake of alleviating boredom or finding her purpose in life. She was content to continue what she was doing. At least for now. If she did ever decided she wanted to do something different it wouldn’t be joining a glorified resistance movement, that was for sure.

Anonymous

Griever calmly walked towards Alarra; his eyes slowly changing back, into their previous golden brown color. Griever made his way to Alarra, still sitting at the piano. By her words, it was clear that she held nothing but contempt for what he was about to commit himself to, but she.....she didn't understand.This cold feeling within him, filling him with this abysmal sense of nothingness. To forfeit your soul, that you will live out a meaningless life, only to return to a world of devils and return to that pain which you so desperately wished to escape.  She could sit and play this piano, and gain at least a slice of satisfaction from her accomplishments, but Griever...

A hushed moment fell between the two as he knelt down to eye level with Alarra.He struggled to find the words to convey his views. Although he had to admit, he had no qualms about killing, he was not a cold-blooded assassin; but if he had to kill to bring about a much needed change, then so be it.

"Can I still listen...?" Griever started as he looked Alarra square in the eye. It was unclear how, but  Griever managed to make it evident, that although he spoke of one matter, his true intention fell on another. "I want to hear you play, just one more time..." Griever words spoke of a visit, but the meaning of his words clearly conveyed an almost apologetic tone, denoting his desire for change.

Slowly, he rose to his feet, mumbling something, loud enough for only Alaara to hear. He rose to his feet and looked back towards Takumi. "Well Takumi, where do we go from here....?" He asked.

Anonymous

Takumi had obviously grown bored of the whole ordeal already, as she had slouched back into her seat, legs crossed. One arm draped iddaly over the back of the chair. For the moment, she seemed to be ignoring not only Alarra, but Griever as well.  There was a long scroll stretched over the table and the young woman was drawing several strange characters upon it with a reed brush. She then murmured a few words, smoke instantly engulfing her in its whitew haze.

When this mist cleared, she was surrounded by almost twenty small, bat-like creatures, each possessing only one large, red eyes and horns. They fluttered about her like eager pets, craving attention. She smirked slightly at one that landed on her shoulder, a pale hand stroking it gently.

Finally seeming to remember the other occupants of the brothel, she blinked her heavy-lidded eyes and stood. She peered at the two by the piano, slight contempt apparent within her violet orbs.

"So you are finally done reminising, neh? I will tolerate you if you are going to join Eclipse, but, be warned...I hate people wasting my time. A man is a man, I suppose..." Takumi stood and headed calmly towards the door, the swarm of creations following her every move.

Anonymous

Griever followed, trailing slight after Takumi's bat-like companions, but it was clear that he held no fear of the fiends. He glanced back at Alarra once, but only for a brief moment, but then turned to follow Takumi out. As he glanced at the bats that surrounded her, he inwardly wondered why she had summoned such creatures, perhaps as a means of transportation, but whatever her reasons were, he couldn't care less. "Well, then lets not waste anymore time here..." Griever said.

Anonymous

As soon as Takumi set foot outside, all of her creations instantly vanished into the night. Only one stayed, letting her whisper something to it softly, then it vanished as well. She pulled her robes closer around her shoulders, blowing a stray bit of silver hair from her face.

"Before I waste my time hauling you anywhere, think carefully...About whether or not you truly wish to join..." She murmured, turnign to Griever, those eyes glittering eerily in the moonlight. "I hate people who go back on their decisions, so choose quickly."

Anonymous

"Do you really need to ask...?" Griever replied. He knew that by joining this group, he would have to take life and there was no doubt in his mind, that by the time this revolution had run it's course, his hands would by stained in the blood of his enemies, but he had faith that even if he was to fall, his life would have done something; held significant meaning to someone. The prospect of molding this fetid world into something glorious- that was all the motivation he needed. He would have a hand in rebuilding this vile place, transforming it into paradise. Although he had to admit, he had thought that his words in the brothel had made it clear of his intent, but her desire for confirmation was understandable "I stand by my decision..." griever said simply. "Theres no turning back..." Griever said. In his mind, he chuckled a bit. 'Nothing for me to turn back to...' He thought as he gave his response.

Anonymous

By the way he said it, Alarra couldn’t really refuse Griever’s request so she kept playing as he and Takumi left. If that what he had chosen she couldn’t really do anything about it. Now she had calmed down she realised that both of them, even Takumi no matter how much of a bitch she was probably had good reasons. Alarra’s views just conflicted with their’s.

She sighed, she had been a fool to think she could just live peacefully there as a pianist. Being a sorceress meant enemies were around every corner and trouble followed you everywhere. Having magic could cause great misfortune. Maybe it wasn’t safe to stay there, though after tonight she doubted she still had a job.

Of course she wasn’t going run out and beg Takumi to let her join. She hated killing after all. Alarra just wondered that perhaps her place wasn’t at the Peaches n Cream.