Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Everyone...

Started by Anonymous, November 14, 2007, 01:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I have a question for the SotE population at large. I was look at thief guild, the building, and wondering. I know this has come up in conversations before, and though Rhi-Rhi said I could do it, if the general public doesn't like it... What's the point?

If I started a Thieves Guild, like an actual Guild, with people, etc, although everything would be much looser since ranks are to much like nobles would do, would people join? It seems as though it would be fun, more plotage, and everyone thieves would be used more....

But yeah, before I set it up, please tell me. And try not to shoot me to much, I'm only curious.

Anonymous

The extra plottage WOULD be good, but really it all comes down to exactly what you would want to do with it. If you have ideas that could drive the guild and make for interesting RP, then go for it. Design it so that it can catch the interest of people with thiefy characters (or so that people will want to actually MAKE one), and then you'll have the characters to work with for plotstuffs.

So if what you're trying to do is see how much interest there would be in this guild before you go to the trouble of forming it, what you could do is come up with a few basic ideas, both for the guild itself and for plotthings and pitch 'em to us, see if they catch peoples' interest.

hikaru.dream

I wouldn't join because I don't have a theif charactar, but I don't see why players with thieves wouldn't join if you offer promising plots.

Anonymous

Yeah, that's all I wanted to see, the general intrest. The last time the Thief Guild was under a slightly more constructed life, I know they actually stole something from the Serendepity Castle... But I wasn't around yet, so I don't quite know the details. But before I waste precious thought bubbles (don't have a lot of them, see XDD) I just wanted to check it out.

All I'm really looking for is a yeah, sounds interesting, or a no, it's pretty cool having my character be a solo man.

Rhindeer

I'd join a thief character for sure!

Anyway! Mona, I can offer guidance if you like. x3 Basically, waaaay back in the day when SotE was new, I ran the Thief's Guild with my character Sachi. You just really have to be proactive and organize missions, and you have to make sure everyone is active and poke them a lot. It also helps if everyone involved has like MSN or something so everyone can discuss plot ideas and stuff! But yeah! Missions! Those are fun! Back then, there were TONS of plots with the thieves and they were a really active group.

Basically, the way I set it up was Sachi would get the thieves together and they'd coordinate missions. They did indeed sneak into Serendipity's castle back then! That was quite fun. x3 They also poked their noses in a lot of plots and events. For instance, if there was a ball in a kingdom, they'd be there to pick pockets and cause trouble.

They were a very "steal from the rich and...give to ourselves >_>" sort of group. They were also very tight knit, so there would be a lot of group plots and missions, and then there would be interpersonal ones as well. And the thieves eventually, at one point, were even heavily affiliated with Serendipity's nobility. xD At one point, the queen, Dawn, was the niece OF a thief.

So I think it'd be fun, and I'd LOVE to see the group active again. I just feel someone else should take the reigns! I played the leader of that group for about...jeez...four years. So it's time for new leadership! x3 But again, if you need help, I can offer it!

Also...again...I can't stress it enough. MSN. Everyone should exchange that. It helps. Heck, I think that should be a general thing...x3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Pheewww... I saw you posted and immediatly thought I was getting in trouble. XDD -huggles- I thought it was a good idea. But maybe I should get one of those... And I'm good at poking people!!! So, yesm's, I'm guessing that means I should start this.

-goes to look busy-

Anonymous

I might join it with my little thief-y character, depending on what the details of how the guild operates is. She might be a bit too altruistic for most of the traditional thiefy things.

Rhindeer

xD Oh Mona! You can't get in trouble by me!

Then again, I'm a very mean person. RAWR! Dx BEWARE! OR I WILL BANNINATE J00!!!!11!

Kidding. xP But yaaay!

Anyway! Yes! MSN helps lots! x3 And let's see...again, just gotta make sure there's lots to do! Also, back when the group was very active, it was open to all thief sorts, from the really shady, cutthroat ones to the altruistic sorts. It worked because all the thieves, as a guild, had a certain amount of trust toward one another. If some thieves were going to go on a mission that was more...violent, the more altruistic thieves could opt out of the mission.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

I would be interested, I mean I already have a thief and one in the making, so yeah! That would be kool!  Hmm.. now to cause mischief!!   :lol:  toodles