Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wandering about

Started by Rhindeer, December 29, 2004, 02:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

[MOVED THREAD! Authors: Nightcandle as Da-hjok, Jezzika as Tala, and Small Wonder as Neviko]

Da hjok
Unregistered User
(9/21/03 8:54 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All   Wandering about
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Da-hjok sighs loudly upon reaching the outskirts of the Dark Mage Village.

Why do the Earthians have to space their settlements out so far? Do they enjoy taking long journeys to get to them!

He sighs again, raises the ground behind him a bit and sits on it. He crosses one leg over the other and examines the bottom of his shoe, by some miracle it still looked sturdy. That couldn't be said for the foot inside it however which, if throbs of pain could be translated into music would be playing 'Swing low sweet chariot'. He twirls the black and red ring around his finger about a few times out of habit, another sigh follows the ring twirling.

Earth is so banal, he thinks mentally sighing after that.

To the eyes of an outsider Da-hjok looked like a teenaged kid with a funky hairdo and an interesting scar. But, in truth he was an extraterristrial outlaw on the run from the minions of the largest empire in the cosmos, Felinonia. The Earth was such a backwater planet and it's close proximity to Saturn, the homeland of the Saturnari who just so happened to be allies of the Felinonians, made it the perfect ironic place to hide. At least it sounded good in his mind, he had no idea it would be this dull.

Da-hjok sighed for the fifth time and attempted to vent his boredom by watching the Earthian mages go about their duty.

Tala
Unregistered User
(9/21/03 10:37 am)
Reply | Edit | Del   what??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Tala walked down the dusty road, rubbing her neck, she looked at her glove.
"great,just bloody great,how bad did those vampires get m--"
She diddn't finish because she tripped over someones leg.
Tala sprawld face fist , the claws on her gloves digging into the ground, and her blue hair fanned above her head.
" ouch"
She yanked er claws from the ground then turned around, a goofy grin on her face.
" sorry about that, I wasn't watching where I was going"
She said getting up, she felt something drizzle down her neck, she put her hand to it, and quickly pulled her hand back.
" I lost my scarf, great, now the stupid vampire bite will bleed freely...."
She looked up and grinned again , showing off her fangs, she quickly stoped
"uh..yeah well I'm Tala and I gotta go find a healer ,see ya later,bye !"
She waved then began to walk away, one hand on each side of her neck.
'thats the last time I mouth off to vampyers'
She roleld her sun set eyes and kept going.

Da hjok
Unregistered User
(9/21/03 1:05 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Well that was new
 Da-hjok scowled when the blue haired girl tripped over his leg. "You might want to get into the habit of it," he sneered in response to her remark about watching where she was going. The movement of her hand towards her neck caught his attention, and his curiousity about it is sated moments later by her comment about being bitten. Heh, figures someone that wasn't aware of their surroundings would get bitten, but by what did she say it was, a vampire? Sounded like a viscous animal, especially if it aimed for the neck. A grin perks at the side of his face when she makes her hasty introduction. In search of a healer eh, he thinks.

He stands up, and places his feet apart, spreading his weight evenly among his feet so they wouldn't hurt. "I could heal you, if you want," he says in a slightly louder tone, hoping to catch the fleeing woman's ears.

Neviko
Unregistered User
(9/21/03 1:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Kekeke...
 Neviko watched the antics of Tala amusedly, though when her eyes saw the blood dripping down Tala's neck, her stomach suddenly lurched in hunger. It had been a while since she had fed last...and she could practically smell the metallic, bittersweet scent of the precious liquid...

Yet...as she listened, she instantly became turned off. That girl had been another vampire's prey, then? Instantly, she reconsidered. Bah. Neviko never took sloppy seconds; where was the fun in that? She'd rather miss a meal...she was a woman of high standards, after all.

Tossing her long black hair, her cold gray eyes instead moved to the one Tala had so gracefully tripped over, who looked bored to death. A small, amused smile curved her lips at that figure of speech.

"You look so bored, I could almost pity you," she murmered silkily, walking toward him slowly, her eyes sweeping over him. Hmm...not bad. A little on the short side, but blood was blood, and he looked a good catch, all in all...  

Tala
Unregistered User
(9/21/03 3:12 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   huh?
 Tala stoped in mid step then turnd around, her hands still on her bleeding neck.
"huh?"
She began walking towards Da hjok, then noticed the woman beside him, she wiped her silver blood off her neck, then put her hands to her sides, She glared at the woman with her sunset colored eyes.

She looked at Da hjok and greatful smile on her face,She glared at the woman,then began to speak to Da hjok
" I think we should do this somewhere else"
She moved her hands so the eight-inch claws on her gloves reflected the light.
" I would go away if I we'er you vampire, I just got bittin by two of them, I can tell your one too."
She said coldly her oddly colored eyes flashing.

Da hjok
Unregistered User
(9/21/03 5:48 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Is that a vampire?
 Da-hjok raises an eyebrow a bit when Neviko approaches him. That eyebrow arcs downwards when her comment registers though. "It'd better stay that way," he snarled. Pity was for weaklings, and he didn't consider himself weak at all. Sure he was running away from all those that wanted to see him imprisoned or worse, but that was tactical. Only an idiot would think they could defeat so many opponents.

He ignores Tala's first plea to get out of there. There was no way he was going to slink away from her with his tail between his legs. Her second comment however really piqued his interest. So that was what a vampire was, some humanoid thing that bit people. How pleasant. Again he lifts his hand, his ring loose around his finger, but this time not out of habit.

Neviko
Unregistered User
(9/26/03 9:36 am)
Reply | Edit | Del   Tsk.
 Neviko glanced over at Tala, feigning a hurt expression. "Why, deary, just because I am light-skinned and beautiful does not automatically make me some undead freak. In fact, I am offended that you would even assume such a thing!"

She smiled sweetly, in a learned way that kept her fangs concealed behind her lips while looking perfectly natural, and returned her gaze to Da-hjok. "Goodness, you do not have to be so testy," she pouted, drawing closer. "I swear I don't bite."

Da hjok
Unregistered User
(9/27/03 5:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Hmmmmm
 Da-hjok raised an eyebrow, Tala seemed hysterical, Neviko seemed to be rational. Perhaps the bitten woman was just being overly paranoid.

The corners of Da-hjok's lips raised involuntarily when Neviko smiled at him. Even if her fangs had been visable the alien wasn't familiar enough with vampires to be overly worried about a humanoid with fangs. Her pouting and later statement about not biting picked at his brain. Either she was truely offended by being called a vampire or she was one and was trying too hard to cover that fact up. Hmmmmmm.

"What is it that drew you here then miss?" One side of his mouth perked higher than the other.

Neviko
Unregistered User
(9/29/03 10:14 am)
Reply | Edit | Del   Well...
 She tilted her head to one side, looking innocently perplexed by his question. "Well, I do live in this village, hon. But perhaps you mean what drew me to this particular spot? A new face, is what. And a good-looking face, at that," she said with a wink, a charming smile curving her red lips as she drew closer.

"Now, what is it that drew you here?" she asked politely, and looked down at the raised ground her was seated on pointedly. "Care if I join you?" she added, idly toying with a long lock of her black hair.

Da hjok
Unregistered User
(9/29/03 5:40 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   If you insist..
 The quickest way to Da-hjok's sliver of a good side was by appealing to his ego. Which wasn't overly hard, since the thing was about the size of an ore hauler and tended to choke out others if both happened to be in the same room. Of course there was the nit-picky little detail of all his other little personality quirks, a variable feild of land mines around him. But, so long as one knew not to move after hearing the 'click'...

A little grin slithers up one side of Da-hjok's face and he beckons more earth to rise up, widening the little dias he already sat on. He pats the little improved seat and glances up at Neviko. "Even enough. I was wandering around and happened to run into this little establishment. What do you residents call your little home?"

Neviko
Unregistered User
(9/30/03 2:29 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   It's...
 "It's name is of no importance, really. It's just a village of mages, of people who really couldn't fit in anywhere else. Like me, a simple magic-caster," she explained, sitting down daintily beside him, her leg nearly touching his.

She smiled again at him, her smile brightening, as he spoke. So far, so good. He was grinning, and thus trusting her, thus far. And he had accepted her presense. "I see. Aye, I was a wanderer myself, until I ran into this place, and found it to my liking. Perhaps you shall stay, too, for at least a little while?" She grinned, her fangs still carefully hidden. "Oh, by the way...I'm afraid I don't know your name. I'm Neviko."

tala
Unregistered User
(10/1/03 4:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   right....
 Tala brushed her bangs out of her face and snorted with laughter.
"yeah, your beautiful the day I become a vampyer like you"
She said, her sunset colored eyes narrowed,She looked at Da hjok and growled.
" watch yourself, She may be hiding it, but she
is a Vampyer."
She said then began to walk backwards her eyes not leaving the blood drinker.

Dahjok
Unregistered User
(10/7/03 2:28 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   I've got a lo-vel-y bunch of coconuts dee-lee-dee
 One eyebrow again perked at Tala's behavior, maybe she was saying something legible. But she was still alive how bad could they be? Unless vampire bites made people go crazy...
He glances casually at Neviko's leg, she certaintly was friendly not that he minded in the slightest.

"Mages," he muses aloud, trying to make sense of the unfamiliar word. Cycling through his Earthian vocabulary mentally he manages to come across a somewhat similar word, Magician. Must've been a slang term. Oh well, he puts the matter aside and starts paying attention to her again just as she ends her talk on staying here. "Eh? Ah yes, I'm sure I'll be staying here a while. I'm no particular hurry to be anywhere." He nods once she introduces herself, leaning towards her slightly and crossing one leg over the other.

"My people call me Da-hjok, but you may call me Akarsis Raë."

(heh heh *ruffles D's hair* lookit my little alien trying to be a player)

Neviko
Unregistered User
(10/9/03 1:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   There they are a-standing in a row...
 "Pleasure to meet you, Akarsis Raë," she said softly, a near purr, smiling at him. "It pleases me that you shall be staying. It's been so long since I've seen someone handsome and charming as you..." she continued pleasantly.

She ignored Tala completely, and focused her attention solely on Da-hjok. Thankfully, Da-hjok didn't seem to know much about vampires, and thankfully he seemed to ignore her, as well. He seemed to think she was crazy, which was good! Now that that annoyance was out of the way, hopefully she would able to get her meal.

Well...she could have bitten him already; he was close enough, and it wouldn't be hard, but that approach, in Neviko's mind, was sloppy. There was an art to luring the victim to you...the other way was just messy, though, sometimes, she did have to resort to it, such as when she was too hungry and impatient to play the seduction game. Or when said game failed. But that method, in addition to being just plain sloppy, was also far from failure proof. Outright attacking someone was a big risk, as they could in that instance retaliate. But gaining the person's trust first before gently taking their life away...that had a better success rate, all in all.

Ah well. So far, so good.

Da hjok
Unregistered User
(10/9/03 5:28 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Big ones small ones...
 If one had the means to sense the ego of a person and just so happened to turn those means towards Da-hjok, at this particular moment in time they would notice it billowing out from his rather modest form and spreading to wreath the earth in a vast corona, with the ends licking the surface of the moon.

"Likewise Neviko," he drawled. "It's been quite a while seen I've been graced by the presence of such a fine woman." One side of his lips curved upwards and he began to spin his black ring again. More out of habit then out of any suspicion or paranoia.

Neviko
Unregistered User
(11/3/03 6:34 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Some as big as your head!
 OOC: Sorry! ^^;; Ahh! Bad Rhi! *slaps wrist* BAD! Neglecting threads...ahh!

IC:

She actually allowed herself to giggle and blush. Blushing, for an undead creature such as herself, was quite the art, and she had mastered it. Using whatever blood still remained in her body from her last feeding, she let it rise to the surface, heating her cheeks, making her appear even more attractive than she already was by adding a dash of color to her light skin. She always made sure she fed before she got to the point of starving; feedings always made her appear more...alive and vibrant...and if she let herself go as some of her kind did, feeding only when she absolutely needed to...well...that would just be...unpleasant.

"Goodness, but you are a charmer!" she exclaimed. "It surprises me that you should be alone! I should expect to see women throwing themselves at your feet as you pass! Guess I was just lucky, hmm?" she mused aloud, absently emphasising her words with a casual carress against his chest with a hand.

Da hjok
Unregistered User
(11/4/03 3:57 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Ack! Ran outta song!
 ('Tis alright. I've been guilty of that too ^^')

One golden eyebrow arched upwards and the side of his lips pulled out further at Neviko's comment and touch. A soft snigger passes his lips followed by a quick sigh. "Maybe in an ideal world. Though this one is becoming more ideal by the moment," he muses.

A sudden yawn almost bursts from his mouth, he quickly raises a hand to dam it up though. Damn bodily needs. Then again falling asleep while being talked to isn't a healthy course of action anyways. "Please pardon me Neviko," another soft laugh escapes his lips. "My body's trying to tell me something. You wouldn't happen to know a good place to stay in this village would you?"

Neviko
Unregistered User
(11/8/03 11:05 am)
Reply | Edit | Del   Heheh!
 Neviko quickly repressed the wave of sudden annoyance that rippled through her. She absolutely loathed playing the silly, flirtatious strumpet and this guy was making it a lot more difficult for her! Of course, she made sure to show none of her actual emotions, and kept her outer appearance pleasant and interested. And she truly was interested...in his blood.

She was careful to make sure her voice held none of the tightness and edginess she was feeling at this particular moment. She was all sweetness! "It's alright," she told him, laughing softly. "I'm sure you've traveled much this day, and it only stands to reason you should be exhausted! Aye, I know of a place. There's an inn not far from here. I can show it to you, if you like. As long as I get a good night kiss!" Once again, blood heated her face, making her blush deeply, as though the words had slipped out entirely on their own. She gave a sheepish laugh, clearing her throat. "Ah...I mean..."

Inwardly, she cringed.

Da hjok
Unregistered User
(11/9/03 4:49 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   Zippity doo-da zippity ay
 Da-hjok smirked. Earthians had a term for Neviko's last statement, and he couldn't remember it for the world. Curses.

He stood up, crossing his eyes a little when his feet protested. "Sounds reasonable," he said in a teasing tone. "Right now I'd give anything for a soft bed and a drink," another yawn peirced through his mouth and he flipped a hand up to cover his mouth. Once the yawn passed he stretched both arms a little and put them behind his head. "Lead the way."

Neviko
Unregistered User
(12/16/03 5:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   My oh my what a wonderful day!
 Neviko couldn't help but grin a little when Da-hjok mentioned the word "drink". Heh...same here..., she couldn't help but think.

"Well, then, follow me. Lucky for you, it's not that far away. Poor dear, you certainly look exhausted!" she commented with feigned concern as she rose gracefully to her feet, lightly and absently brushing her fingers against his chest as she passed by him. After seeing that he was ready, she smiled softly back at him over her shoulder and started off ahead of him in the inn's direction. And, of course, the temptress in her made sure to remember to twist her hips a little more than usual when she walked.

All rather innocent forms of flirtation. Nothing too direct. But she had learned over time that sometimes the more subtle you were, the better the results.

And, when all else failed...there was always the less graceful and more desperate act of actually throttling your prey. But was just so tactless.

Dahjok
Unregistered User
(12/16/03 6:12 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del   ...Curses! I forgot how the rest went! Blah! T_T
 Maybe there was a greater benevolent power that looked out for the well being of the hapless members of the universe occasionally. He was having quite a bit of luck this day

He would have a roof over his head, sleep in a proper bed, perhaps get something stronger than water to drink, and maybe, just maybe have a little company.

He was on his feet soon after Neviko stood and followed close behind her. At the most a pace and half. He couldn't help but to look around at the village a little as they walked, taking a glance and looking back to make sure Neviko hadn't turned.

Woah, was she. what did that old servant of his say humans called it, switching? So that's what it was! It certaintly was a fascinating feat. Suddenly, the surrounding village didn't interest Da-hjok so much...

Small Wonder  
Bishounen Hunter
(3/7/04 8:40 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   On top of spagheeeeettiiiiiii...
 Neviko grinned to herself, and every once in a while glanced over her shoulder to peer back at Dah-jhok and offer a salacious smile. Good, good, he appeared to be right where she wanted him. For that matter, it took a good effort not to laugh at his fascinated expression. Heh. Amazing what a difference a little "switching" could make.

Silly males.

Before too long, they had come across a small two story building appropriately labeled as one of the village inns. Turning to face Dah-jhok, Neviko allowed an expression of disappointment to spread across her face, her full bottom lip poking out just a little in a slight pout as she regarded the inn. "Well, darling...I suppose this is where we part ways?" she asked ruefully, yet in a way that she hoped implied that she wished this were not the case. Which was partially so, though in a different way than what was implied. Even at night, the village was busy; she couldn't just take him right here in front of everyone, like she truly wished, and even if she could...well, she still didn't know his strengths and weakness; she could pick up nothing, though she could see he was clearly exhaustedâ€"a good sign. And as for herself...hunger was gnawing at her insides now, making her feel a bit drowsy. She was not at her strongest...and thus had no leeway to take chances.

Of course, if she wanted to, she could always look for another victim...but she didn't want to! That would take more work, and she had already come so far with this target.

Besides, though she would never admit it and would vigorously disagreeâ€"even with herself!â€"she truly did like the thrill of pursuing more difficult victims...

Now, if only he would pick up on her hint...

Nightcandle
Satanized for your protection
(3/9/04 7:54 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   All covered with cheeeeese!! (mmmm cheese)
 The ever present smirk that almost always graced Da-hjok's lips stretched a little wider. Ah, there was never a sight quite as great as an inn at the end of a long day. Except perhaps, a girl in front of the inn saying goodbye, but meaning 'wanna spend more time together'.

"I would think not. It wouldn't hurt me to have a companion this evening."

There was a nagging little detail wailing at the back of his mind. Money. He didn't even know what sort of money system Earth was using! And what an excellent time to realize that. Blast, he wasn't an Artificier for nothing. He stooped and snatched a few pebbles from the road, palming them in the cuff of his robe before standing again.

(LOL, love your sig it's clever ^^)

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/8/04 5:41 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   I lost my poor meeeeat baaaaall...
 A soft smile curved Neviko's lips, that same careful smile that kept her vampiric fangs concealed beneath her lips. With a happy laugh, she reached up to brush long fingers lightly against his cheek. "No...a little company never hurt anyone..." she murmured, almost on the verge of purring. Heh...that is to say, it never hurt her. Whether or not it hurt her victims...hm. She couldn't say. She imagined most didn't feel much pain...most seemed to die with at least pleasant thoughts.

"And you, dear, look like you are in need of companionship. As am I...I would love to get to know you better." She gave a little chuckle. "I must admit you fascinate me, Da-hjok."

She blinked as he bent and picked up some pebbles, sticking them in his robe, but quickly smoothed her confused features. Hrm. He was an odd one, indeed.

Nightcandle
(11/11/04 2:36 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
   When Da-hjok sneezed...
 Da-hjok raised an eyebrow and smiled suggestively. It was then that a little paranoid corner of Da-hjok's mind woke up and began clamoring for attention...

Don't you think she's being too nice?? It plea- whined.

No. What do I need to worry about an Earthian for anyway.

You already had an Earthian a week ago! Focus! Focus! You aren't here to dally with Earthians!

Da-hjok ignored the little corner. Only insane people had debates with their own minds.

"I have that sort of effect on people," he said smoothly.

The corner's train of complaints and warnings was halted then by a flash of inspiration. Almost every place Da-hjok had ever been accepted gems as payments for services. Earth couldn't be backwater enough not to see any value in the stones. He held the pebbles before him and looked down at them, narrowing his eyes slightly.

The stones reddened, their surfaces becoming smoother until they reflected light. That ought to do it, even if they were small they should be enough for a night in an inn out in the middle of nowhere. He put the gems into a pocket and smiled roguishly at Neviko before stepping toward the inn's door.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/14/04 6:37 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   It rolled off the taaaaaable...
 "Mm...so I've discovered..." Neviko purred, smiling softly up at him, somehow managing to hide the sudden flash of amusement she felt. Heh...how she so loved the egocentric ones. They were among the easiest to snare. All you had to do was stroke their pride a little, and they were as good as yours. They loved themselves so much, that in turn they loved those that would place them on a pedastal. It was way too easy.

Unfortunately, Neviko knew this from experience. She herself was shameless in her pride. But, she also had a safe-guard; after playing on people's egos for so long, she figured she'd be able to see the warning signs if someone tried to play her the same way.

Glancing down as Da-hjok's attentioned dwindled from her and shifted over to those rocks she'd seen him pick up, another carefully concealed flash of annoyance replaced amusement. What was he doing, anyway? She didn't have all night! She just wanted to weaken him and drain him and be done with this, and he was certainly taking his sweet time playing with rocks when most men would be hurrying to play with her! Damn, she was hungry...she actually thought she was beginning to grow a bit light-headed. Argh...

But then, as she watched, they began to...change significantly. Enough to, soon, resemble gemstones.

Whoa...some trick. Not that she cared much for such trinkets; she had no need for money beyond what was required for shelter and clothing, not when she hunted her own food. And even money for clothing wasn't always required when she could procure it from one of her victims. But, regardless, she had to give him credit for thatâ€"especially since it had only recently dawned on her tha she had forgotten her own money.

Nice save.

As he stepped toward the inn, she returned his smile with a suggestive smile of her own and stepped up to him so that she could loop her arm in his. "Lead the way, dear..."

Nightcandle
(11/23/04 11:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   And onto the flooor...
 Da-hjok smirked and marched into the inn with Neviko. Renting a room on Earth couldn't be much different than getting a room anywhere, only he didn't have to worry about being recognized. Anonymity was simply fabulous.

At least it would be if the inn's headmistress wasn't slumped against her counter and staring forward with glassy, unfocused eyes. Da-hjok's eyes crossed slightly and he knocked on the woman's forhead with his free hand. Her eyes focused somewhat and flickered up to look at them.

Earth wouldn't have carded locks, too advanced. What were those little gadgets called that opened a clockwork lock again? Keys, ah keys. "Give us the key to your best room."

The woman stared... blinked and stared somemore before she pushed herself away from the counter and reached a hand inside it. When it appeared again she held a little silver key with a leather tab embossed with red numbers. "This 'n?"

"Is it the key I asked for?"

A few moments of silence. She looked at the key, nodded and dropped it on the counter, slumping on it again soon after.

Da-hjok grinned and perked an eyebrow in amusement. Maybe it didn't cost anything to stay at an inn on Earth. Handy, something to remember the next time he was wandering between Earth's far flung settlements. He took the key and looked at the tab. Some of the paint was worn off, but the number read more or less: 14.

Da-hjok clicked his teeth and scowled a bit. "Hopefully the room won't be in the same state it's key is..." he grumbled.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/24/04 10:12 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
   And then my poor meeeeeatbaaaaaaall...
 Neviko couldn't help but perk slightly in interest as the entered the inn and the first thing she saw was a clearly very out of it woman. Immediately, her first initial instinct was to ditch her current victim and take the more vulnerable one. She didn't look like she was in a state where she'd put up a fuss, and if she struggled, she'd be easy enough to subdue. It would require little to no effort, and Neviko was hungry enough not to care if it would be sloppy form.

But then, pushing hunger aside and forcing herself to think more clearly, she was able to further assess the woman. She looked...a wreck. Who knew what she'd done to get herself into that kind of state. No, Neviko preferred healthy, rich blood, hence why she tended to target more...lively victims. She in no way wanted to risk picking up what that woman had.

Besides, even if the woman was up to par with Neviko's standards, there would be the issue of ditching Da-hjok...

Ah, the woes of having finicky tastes. Sometimes, she wished she could be more like her brother in that regard. The kid didn't care who he drank from. But, then again, he also drank very seldom, letting his body go without for as long as it could stand. So, he probably drank from anyone he could find out of sheer desperation. She could never do that. She hated feeling hungry and deprived; she'd felt that enough when she was alive, she didn't need it when she was undead! But, Kujin also possessed those silly things called morals...and had a strong aversion to killing. Silly kid.

Smirking in amusement, both at her thoughts and the current situation, Neviko stroked Da-hjok's arm soothingly, and simultaneously set to stroking his ego. "I wouldn't worry, darling...as long as you're in it, it matters not what state the room is in," she commented teasingly.

Nightcandle
(11/25/04 12:34 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Rolled out the dooor...
 Da-hjok smirked. "I suppose you have a point. The right company can make any room bearable ... at least for a night."

Actually, any room with a raised surface he didn't have to create would be fine. His feet had been steadily complaining since the afternoon, begging and pleading to be taken away from the ground for a few hours.

Now to find that room. The inn's headmistress, or whoever that was working the counter, didn't look like she could tell them where her face was, much less the room. The counter was set in the center of the room, a door to the left lead off to what looked like a tavern area and just behind the counter were two staircases and further behind the staircases an open corridor with doors spaced at even intervals.

Da-hjok walked beyond the counter and noticed a little sign perched on the handhold of the staircase closest to him. It had a black arrow pointing up and the numbers 8 - 14. He took a step toward it, stopped, and scowled.

"Give me a moment," Da-hjok pulled a thin, silver, rectangular thing from his robe pocket, unfolded it and glowered down at it before folding it back and shoving it back in his pocket. If Neviko was looking she would see that the bottom half of the thing had rows of black squares with silver glyphs on them arranged in a smaller rectangle and the top half held the picture of a pale face with brown hair held up in a bun. This person opened their mouth to speak when Da-hjok before it was closed and put back in his pocket.

He smirked at Neviko and started for the staircase again.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(11/30/04 1:05 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   It rolled in the gaaaardeeeen...
 Neviko looked questioningly over at Da-hjok as he stopped suddenly, pulling a silver, rectangular something from a pocket, which her gray eyes traveled to. Her eyebrows pulled together slightly as she took in the odd symbols, none of which were familiar in the slightest. She could readâ€"she'd had all the time in the world to become literate, as such came particularly in handy now and thenâ€"but those shapes were just that...shapes to her. But Da-hjok seemed to understand them, whatever they were.

Hmm...vaguely, she wondered where exactly he was from. But it was only a vague thought. She really didn't care; it was just a passing curiosity.

Even odder was that she thought she saw a picture of someone, shortly before he closed that thing back up. A picture that seemed to have moved.

Weird.

She followed after him again as he put it away and started up the staircase. "What was that thing?"

Heh. So much for passing curiosity. The question had bubbled out before she had even been aware of its formation!

Nightcandle
(12/1/04 2:51 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
   and danced a quick jig...
((Ach, I forgot the rest of the song! Noooooooooo.....! Making up lyrics is fun though ^____^))

"This-" Da-hjok took the silver thing out of his pocket again and unfolded it, holding it forwards some so Neviko could see it as they climbed. The screen was now a flat grey-black and the glyphs, delicate curving signs with ends that tapered into points. "-is called a Com link. It lets people talk across long distances.

"I told that one specifically not to call me, and she's usually obedient," he shrugged, putting the Com link back into his pocket now that they were through going up the stairs. The room in front of them had a '12' painted on it in gold leaf. "I'll just call back in the morning, whatever she's calling about can't be too important or she would have called back by now."

Da-hjok looked down each end of the hallway. There were four doors to the left of the '12' door and two to the right. Hmm, fourteen, was it before twelve or after twelve? Fourteen... four-teen... Sendant... after, it was after. Unless the Earthian's counting was as awkward as their number system. He turned right.

Door '13' and there it was door '14', good. He fished the key out of the pocket he got the Com link from and unlocked the door after turning the key the wrong way, realizing that it wouldn't open and turning it the other way.

The room was a decent size and simply furnished. There was a tiny window and an average sized armoir on the leftmost side a wide bed and a little stand on the rightmost side and a door in the back that more than likely led off to a washroom of sorts. The entire room was drably colored; medium grey for the textiles and dull, dark wood on the wooden parts.

Da-hjok perked an eyebrow. "Could be worse," he quipped, stepping into the room.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(12/8/04 3:40 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   And jumped over the moon...
 (Bwahah, yes indeedy it is! Darn...can't remember the lyrics, either! O_o Craziness...)

"Ohh...interesting," Neviko exclaimed as Da-hjok explained, even though she really hadn't the slightest idea what he was talking about. Or, at least, she had an entirely different idea of what it was. Hmm...so, it was...kinda like telepathy, then? People who used telepathy could speak over long distances. Hrm. But, they also didn't need little fold-up...thingies...to carry around with them in order to communicate. Which was why she supposed it was like telepathy, only...not.

Or something.

Another time, if she had already been fed and she hadn't marked him out as a potential victim, she might have asked him to explain further. He was rather intriguing, in some ways; that hadn't been a lie. It was a shame, really. But not a big enough shame for her to feel the slightest bit of regret over her decision. Not that she had the capacity to feel regret, to begin with. Vampirism had destroyed many such useless emotionsâ€"though her brother still clung onto them foolishly. Silly kid. Life was so much easier free of attachments.

She smiled with hidden amusement as he continued to speak. Heh. Call her tomorrow, huh? Too bad there wouldn't be a tomorrow for him if things went her way...

Eventually, they found their way to the room, and Da-hjok's fumbling with the lock brought a soft chuckle from her. Charming. No...on second thought, though she was fatigued, she didn't think she should have much trouble with this one...

"At least it's clean," Neviko remarked optimistically, gazing about the room as she walked inside, turning as she went to take it all in. Ick. Drab indeed. But she supposed it went with the general decor of the village, though Neviko herself preferred brighter, more aesthetically pleasing coloâ€"

Gragh! What was she thinking about decor for!? Damn, she really was out of it.

Spinning to face Da-hjok, she grinned and held up her hands, as though framing him in her vision. "Mm...it looks better from this angle, I think."

Nightcandle
(12/9/04 12:18 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
   Said 'hi' to the Martians...
 Da-hjok grinned, and his feet rudely informed him that any conversation or whatnot with Neviko could take place while he was sitting or even better lying down.

He decided to humor his aching feet and walked to the bed. Sitting, taking of his shoes, and swinging his feet up to the foot of the bed. Which was somewhat stiff, stiff for Da-hjok's tastes anyway. Once that demand was taken care of his mind decided to push its luck and suggest that a bottle of wine might be nice.

That plan was vetoed. This place more than likely didn't have room service. It'd be something for later, maybe in the morning. Human wine would be an interesting drinking venture.

Any other thoughts that didn't concern Neviko he now ignored. Late night think sessions were only for nights when he didn't have company. "It's even better from here," he purred, leaning back on his arms and smiling suggestively.

Small Wonder  
Gackt is God. XD
(12/9/04 3:04 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
   In their pink, polka dotted kilts...
 It was a good thing Da-hjok vetoed the plan for wine, too. Well, a good thing for Neviko. In Da-hjok's case, wine might have very well saved his lifeâ€"if Neviko had chosen to play along and drink some. Some types of vampire could drink the stuff with no problems, but in the case of Neviko and Kujin...it could result in a pretty nasty backlash, especially if they had little to no blood in their veins. In the state Neviko was currently in, even the smallest sip would go straight to her head, as she had scarcely any blood in her veins to filter the alcohol, and what blood was in her was being used to make her appear alive and healthy.

And it was also working hard to keep her body heated. Her body stayed warm naturally after feeding, but once her store of blood began to deplete, her body's temperature dropped, as well. Heat wasn't actually all that necessary. Mostly, it was just there so that others didn't freak out if they touched her or she touched them. Cold, dead feeling skin wasn't really all that pleasant to the touch.

Making her way over, and remembering how wonderfully "switching" had worked for her earlier as she applied the technique now, Neviko took that as an invitation and crawled up onto the bed once she'd reached it. A small wave of dizziness washed over her unbidden, making her sway. But rather than fight it, which she knew would make her fatigued condition obvious, she rolled with it, letting it bring her down to lay on her side, where she nestled in close to Da-hjok, propped up on an elbow, her free hand trailing lazily along his chest and one leg draped over one of his.

And their closeness, she soon found, was pure torture to her senses. This close, with hunger rearing its ugly head, she could feel his heartbeat beneath her hand, hear the blood running through his veins...

A small, salacious smile touched her lips as she leaned in closer to him. "Indeed it is, Akarsis Raë," she replied silkily, deciding this time to use the name he had originally suggested to her.

Nightcandle
(12/16/04 1:25 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
   They all danced the hu-laaa...
 Switching wasn't half as fun to watch from the front as it had been from the back, but Da-hjok wasn't about to complain since she was headed for the bed.

And, once she was lying down, he remembered something. Back on the street she offered to lead him to a hotel room in exchange for a good-night kiss. Now seemed like a good time to pay her back.

A sudden mental scenario, albiet one quite out of place, tried to flicker across his mind. Da-hjok let it zip across but didn't pay any attention to it. He had a faint idea of what it was, so he could ponder over it another time.

He raised a hand and trailed the tips of his fingers lightly down her face. Once they were nearing her chin he leaned forward and kissed her.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Rhindeer

Kissing him back, her arms laced lazily about his shoulders, and then one hand snaked up to touch the back of his neck, fingers curling in his hair. About. Time. Now she could finally take care of business. While she so loved to play, and use her victims simultaneously as a plaything and an item on a lunch menu, she didn't really enjoy doing so on an empty stomach. . .which was unfortunate for this poor man. Then again, this whole meeting would be unfortunate for him. Either way he was going to be cheated of something.

Still, she was eager enough to taste his blood and feed upon him that it was an effort not to chomp down on his lower lip, which she nibbled on teasingly. No. . .she didn't think it was possible to drain someone of blood from their lip. Then again, she hadn't heard of anyone trying. Huh. Amusedly, in her light-headed mind, she thought that might be an interesting experiment if she had time and a suitable victim. . .gyah! She was getting distracted! Had her distractedness shown in her actions? No...no, didn't look like it. But, just as a precaution, she cupped the back of his neck, feeling his pulse beneath her hand, and brought her lips back fully to his.

It was shortly after that she suddenly became aware of a strange sensation. . .and not something that was related to the current situation. A sort of. . .mental tug. And, intuitively, it just "clicked" that it was a calling from the Dread Army.

Now.

Of all possible times. Now. . .why now?

All the more reason to cut this as short as she could, since it didn't seem that annoying sensation would ebb until she answered it. But, even so, she could only work so fast; she had to work within her victim's own comfort zone, after all. Go straight for the neck, and if he had an inkling of what a vampire was, he might get suspicious and stall her before he was caught up in the spell of seduction only vampires knew how to weave. No, it all had to  fall into place naturally; she wasn't yet old or strong enough to enrapture a victim with a single glance, as some vampires were capable of doing, but she could certainly win a victim over with a little work.

Pushing back all other thoughts from her mind and repressing the sigh of annoyance that wanted to be released, she made sure to keep her thoughts and annoyances hidden and instead focused on earning her future meal.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Da-hjok slid his arms down around Neviko's waist and kissed her fervently. Her teeth on his lip sent a few shivers down his spine, he flicked his tongue against her teeth and sighed softly.

Then she started slowing down a little. Da-hjok took this time to catch a few quick breathes, figuring this was what Neviko was doing. When she brought her lips back, he matched her a moment later.

His thoughts weren't even a quarter as busy as hers were at the moment. The dominant one being a feeling of success at finding an inn with a proper bed, having someone to share it with was a big perk. Vampires were the furthest things from his mind and had been pushed there soon after the bitten girl ran off somewhere. Before filing it off he decided that vampires were humanoid creatures that drove people insane when they bit them. Nothing to be overly paranoid about.

Da-hjok nipped Neviko's upper lip and sucked on it a bit.

Rhindeer

[*sheepish* Wow...I...um...sorry! XDD]

Hmm...tongue against the teeth. That could be dangerous. Well, thus far he hadn't seemed to feel her fangs; Neviko had been careful not to use her canines, but she somehow doubted that, once you got to a certain point, you really even noticed those kinds of things. Nah...she shouldn't worry too much. You could never be too sure, though, and never be too careful; she'd found herself in a few awkward situations before as a result of a victim figuring things out before she could kill them--that...hadn't been good, and had almost resulted in her getting killed instead. Hey, she still wasn't the most experienced of her kind...and damnit if she preferred younger victims.

Damn her and her preferences...

Feeling his arms around her waist, she allowed herself to sigh for effect as he nipped and sucked on her upper lip, and she broke contact only so that she could reposition herself. Raising up, she shifted around a bit until she was lightly straddling his hips. Hrm. Hopefully this didn't freak him out by being so...direct...because that would certainly ruin things, and if she spoiled this, she'd be forced to move on to someone else, if she had the strength to. Even tired as he seemed now, she didn't know what he was capable of--those runes and weird technological stuff...yeah, she had no idea what that meant, or what he could do, and she was too weak herself to take risks.

Anyway, some people she'd found didn't like that...found it too forceful and direct. But she was getting impatient and wanted to move things along. The worst that could happen--unless he found out her motives--was he could get irritated. That was a chance she was willing to take, but by the cues she was receiving from him, she hoped that wouldn't be the case. She'd already invested enough time and energy into getting his blood, damnit.

Laying her chest across his, this time she couldn't help but focus her attention on his neck, gently pressing her lips to the space just below his jaw and suckling lightly on the tender flesh there. Which also just so happened to be where his pulse was, the blood pumping teasingly just beneath the surface. All it would take was was little movement...a careful press of her teeth, a breaking of skin, and the salty, coppery liquid would--she forced herself to move, to kiss lightly along his throat and collarbone before once more returning to his mouth, always watching for any cues, for the moment when she thought it would be safe to just go right in and end this. Her hands toyed idly with his shirt.

[bah...suckiness...sorry.]