Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dance with the Devil...(open sparring match)

Started by Anonymous, November 23, 2007, 04:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ooc:Guys im so sorry I've been gone so long, my family was moving so we had to take care of that, but just know that I am extremely sorry, and that as far as it depends on me, it should never happen again.

Ic:

"Ahh, yet another player in this morbid game..." Lucifer murmured, as he turned his head slightly at the newcomer. A necromancer, a mortal that new not their place in this world but also a soul that he would banish to the abyss. He made no expression of dread as the woman launched her assault towards the two devils. He grinned slightly as he watched, amused at her zealous and silent attack. Without a word, he lifted himself into the air with one mighty flap of his blackened wings, raising him far into the air and bestowed him with a much better view of the battlefield. A swarm of vampires now shuffled their twisted cadavers across the desecrated landscape of frozen magma and blazing ice, yet they new not the oblivion which cried for them; their creator had seemingly endowed them with an immunity to the hellfire. With the voice of a legion, he spoke out to the necromancer.

"Such bold words from a soul that clings to her mortality through the magics of the abyss. You hold no authority to judge me wretched woman..." Lucifer said harshly.

"...allow me to free you of your mortal coiling...

Anonymous

A figure wandered onto the battlefield, perhaps attracted by the sound of conflict.  His silhouette grew larger as he neared, his energy signature never changing from that of just another human.

"Why have you brought me here!"  Rin cried out, speaking only to himself.

Suddenly his face changed, showing malevolent intent, "For the thrill of course..."  He replied to his own question, now speaking in a baleful tone.

His now dark eyes widened as he watched the battle, and he began to chuckle to himself as he prepared.  The sharp stench of blood and iron filled the area as Rin prepared.  Blood flowed from his skin, forming a distinct layer of crimson, bloodmetal armor.  Rin's power swelled as his dark side took control.  Being the very spawn of the experiment as well as Rin's strange powers, his darkside had a devout knowledge of bloodmetal's workings.  He knew how to get it to do what he wanted, and quickly at that.

Rin observed the battlefield, seeing the newly spawn horde of the resurrected, and the blood-based attack of the one who summoned them.

"And there's my call..."  Rin said darting into action.

Suddenly Rin appeared in front of the attack aimed toward Lucifer.  He sent a spear of his own blood within it, and the blood's infection quickly diffused into the cells of the necromancer's blood.  Almost instantly it was changed into what Rin could control.  Immediately the attack broke apart, becoming a shower of blood upon the horder below.  Before it hit the ground, however, Rin changed the droplets into thousands of tiny needles that, with the force of gravity bolstering them, fell to rip apart the horde below.

Anonymous

The necromancer only laughed at the demon; unforced, honest laughter, as if he had said some amazing joke and she was dying from it. Pointing up at him, one of the rivers of negative energy gave the demon chase: It was flying much faster than he was at the time.

"That's 'shuffle off your mortal coil', demon, and don't even pretend you know the forces I represent... You WISH you could put me in a nice little box like that, but your understanding is comparable to a child's... and you always fear... what you do not understand!" she said, expanding her hand a bit, causing the stream to surge to a roaring river, blasting upwards in a cone of death, threatening to swallow the demon whole... Its touch was something he definately wanted to avoid; it wouldn't burn him, or freeze him, but actually simply annhialate his body and spirit. Negative energy was destruction, the antipathy to all forms of energy. Any kind of contact would no bode well for him.

Anonymous

Dark Jonah--or now the spawn of Azrael, the angel of death--merely laughed at the necromancer's attempt to annihilate both of the devils, yet at the same time, there was a hint of scorn in that laugh. As the one responsible for severing the soul from the body at the time of one's death, he hated necromancers above all else...those that would toy with the bodies of the deceased and bring their souls back in torment. It angered him that they play around with the natural cycle of death and rebirth.

The heat around him intensified...so much that it caused the earth under his feet to melt into lava. The rippling of the air completely distorted his appearance...then he was gone by the time the attack reached its target. The heated air then moved very swiftly towards their attacker, until Azrael appeared before her, wings of black fire keeping him aloft.

"Tell me...necromancer," he said, steam pouring from his mouth as he spoke. "What hope do you have for destroying the very incarnation of death itself?"

Anonymous

'...another fiend in this feud of devils?' Griever thought as the man defended him from the necromancer's attack, he knew not who this individual was, but it appeared that for now; he seemed to be an ally rather than an enemy. Slowly, Griever lowered himself to the ground, and began to examine the situation. He was unsure if this battle would soon become a four way confrontation, or if perhaps there was an alliance to be made among one of the combatants. It made little difference to him as long as he faced Azrael after it was all said and done. He took no        pleasure in such negotiations, but in a situation where so many strong soul presented themselves, a partnership proved to be the best option. He looked up, seeing the man who had just deflected the females attack, then turned his attention towards Azreal, who had made his towards the necromancer and now seemed to be conversing with the wretch.

"And so it unfolds..."
Griever mumbled, as he began gathering energy to himself. black vortexes began to manifest around him, encircling his body as though protecting their summoner. Griever awaited the next move to be played.

Anonymous

As Rin dropped to the ground he felt the one behind him, an ominous power, staring through his neck.  He analyzed the impressive power in his mind, and quickly determined it was not one he wanted blasted upon him.  Rin turned his head, locking eyes with the demon, and nodded as if to say, "I'm with you." before landing on the ground.  Blood poured forth from Rin's flesh, coating the ground, and hardening in attempt to bind the corpses around him to the earth of whence they came.

Anonymous

Lucifer nodded slightly to acknowledge their agreement. So it seemed that he had indeed founded a partnership, an unlikely one, but an alliance none the less. Lucifer now turned his attention to Azrael and the woman, it seemed as though they were still conversing, but whatever they were doing, Lucifer would soon grab their attention. Without a word, Lucifer summoned two of the many orbs to his hands and allowed the spheres to gently rest in the palms of his hands. As if by silent command, he began to mold the darkened orbs, and immediately, they  began to shift,  re-mold their structure by elongating their appearance, and each began to branch off into several separate tangents. It took only a few moments for the restructured energy to take on the more defined form, twisting into several elongated chain blades that fell to the ground at his feet, and danced across the ground. As they fell the bloodstained ground beneath him, the chains danced along the dirt, clawing at the gravel as though searching for something, a life source to sate their dark cravings- an interesting weapon in and of themselves.

Lucifer slowly walked forward and stood beside his newly established partner; standing idly for a moment before he spoke. His eyes focused on the necromancer but even more so did he keep Azrael in his sights. His eyes failed to even blink as he glared at the two, but he made note to examine his accomplice. Clearly, by his previous displays of blood magicking, this man held a power worthy of admiration; Lucifer could not deny the power that he felt emanating from this man, but after he made due note of his partner's power, he spoke. Although his attention was towards the devil and necromancer, his words were bent towards the blood mage.  

"...and you are...?" Lucifer murmured, barely loud enough for him to hear.

Anonymous

"Call me...Rin..."  He replied with a tone of contempt as he glared toward the necromancer.  Rin raised his hand to about eye level as a dagger of blood formed from the top of his blood armored hand.  The crimson metal shined in the light of the flames, and tendrils of bloodmetal rose from the coated ground around the two allies.  The tendrils began to shred to corpses of warriors past, making clear-cut paths toward both enemy parties.

"And what might I call you?"  Rin said, his gaze never drifting from the necromancer.

Anonymous

[oooooh this is exciting! I'm having a great time, guys, an' I hopes you is, too! I hope you aren't too distressed... This character scares me sometimes, hwo sick I made her... Please, feel free to gang up on her ^^ I would be flattered if all three of you allied to put the smackdown on her <3]

"Again With the Boxes!"

the necromancer's voice came again, but she was not in front of Azrael by the time he had gotten to her. She was curiously missing from the spot he had thought her to be... and had spoken to a dark figure in a pillar of smoke. She had moved through his heat, ignored it completely somehow... She was nowhere near where Azrael had placed her... all that was there was a Vampire, a grin on her hideously twisted features. She was not a normal vampire, she was one full of negative energy... way too much. She was a bomb. This was not obvious before she exploded, this vampire, in a concentration of negative energy greater than the blood bolts had been. If Azrael stood still, he would not go unscathed... but why had she not been destroyed with the rain of needles?

It seems the blood mage underestimated her creations. Though shredded, they had been invested with VAST ammounts of negative power. It seemed she had a lot to spare, in her powerful virgin blood! Hands reached up at Lucifer and the Blood mage from the ground, hands that were attatched to what was left of all the vampires the blood mage had attempted to destroy. The fools had the gall to try and land there. Another gross underestimation on their part. They would pay for it. The explosions that resulted wracked the whole of the battlefield... the blood mage had done quite a nice job of spreading the pieces around with his messy attacks of bloodmetal, but not nearly good enough a job at destroying something... Bloodmetal was just that... a metal. Even if he shredded the vampires, there were still animated little piecies all around... he'd simply made it worse... the lot of them, demons and blood mage alike, were in for a rough evening.

But where was the necromancer, the source of all this? She knew she had to play this right... but her voice came, through the mist, through the fire, through the destruction... but it was carried not on the wind from her mouth, but through the dark energies all around them now. Even if they managed to survive being blown up like that, the field was still now in her absolute favor... Even by exploding the vampires like that alone, she had effectively supersaturated the whole area with negative energy, effectively making her magic much more effective than before... and the blood mage had helped her do it, too! It was rich.

"You are not death" she said to Azrael... "you are, last I looked, not an ephermal concept... You are flesh, you are blood, and you can die. These people did not need to die here, most certainly not at the hands of one so grossly out of line like yourself, so do not even think of lecturing me on the cycles of life and death, hellworm." that voice came, eased and disturbingly cheerful. She was fine with all of this... Somehow, the explosions had not bothered her in the least.

"And for the record, please stop putting me in your boxes..." she said, whimpering a little "Its scary in there! So dark and cold, I might cut myself!" she sniveled, sounding like she really was emotional at it, that is, until she roared with laughter at how rediculous the demon was to her.

Anonymous

Azrael found this so amusing, he did not know whether to laugh or to roar. He stood there, his body scarred even more, but he felt no pain, for he represented Death itself. He had no reason to fear injury.

"If that be the case," he growled, then you are sorely mistaken. You see, unlike Jonah--whose body I have taken control of, thanks to his Oath--I am neither living nor dead, nor did I have any intention of killing these people who are now slaves under your magic. Jonah did this of his own accord...I'm here to clean up the mess he left behind...by severing the souls from the bodies...just as I have been doing since the beginning of time."

He raised his hand and his scythe appeared before him; a scythe of utter darkness and death, as long as he was tall, with a gleaming red blade. He then turned to the animated pieces of vampire remains and saw pieces of souls within them, writhing in torment, unable to control the bodies they inhabited. It did not please him to see his work undone.

"Souls, be freed," he uttered. He then hurled his scythe down towards the pieces. The scythe then began to act as if by its own accord, slashing at every piece of vampire it could find. With each piece it hit, Azrael saw that a piece of a victim's soul was released from it, and the piece fell, motionless and utterly dead...this time, for good. Soon, all of the pieces stopped moving, stopped living, and the souls finally assumed their forms. The scythe returned into the grasp of Azrael, who smiled a toothy smile. "Now go to Purgatory, where you shall have a chance to atone your sins." The souls obeyed, and then they were gone.

"This is why I hate necromancers above all else," he said in a dangerously low, rumbling voice that seemed to echo throughout the land, turning towards the source of the voice. "They interfere with and undo my work. I grow sick of having to sever the same souls twice or three times in a row.

"I am the Angel of Death...and it is time for your punishment," he said. "Join the art of necromancy in annihilation."

Anonymous

A dome of bloodmetal had almost instantly formed under and around Rin and his ally...almost like a precognitive reaction.  The explosions boomed on the outside, the dome melting only after they had ceased.  Rin watched as the scythe finished off the last of the pieces, then examined the one who wielded it.  He looked to the sky as if in thought, his crimson armor gleaming in the moonlight as he contemplated his future actions.

Anonymous

(Angel of Chaos.... I'm going to have to yell atcha a little... They already exploded... too late to try and stop that. Sure, sure, you freed the souls... but the bodies already boomed, the negative energy released, and that will hurt you unless you react... I really don't want to take an autohit for that, so please, post an appropriate reaction for me, dearie! <3 Denku...)

Anonymous

Lucifer bowed his head slightly in appreciation for Rin's protection; indeed this blood mage served as an excellent shield. truly, he would be of great use in this duel. Already it seemed clear that Azreal held no intention of aiding the necromancer. The two fought with powerful magics that decimated the landscape, draining it until it was a mere husk of it's former look. As much as he hated the thought, he would have to Aid Azreal, lest he meet his demise at the hands of this woman. He chuckled at the thought of Azreal losing, but it would have been unwise to allow such opportunity to present itself. He would choose to aid his brother....for now. once this woman was disposed of,then he would make quick work of his devil kin.

Lucifer turned his attention back towards Rin for a moment as he realized that he had yet to introduce himself. "...Luciferion, but mortal men speak the name of Lucifer..." Lucifer stepped forward, dragging his chained weapons along the ground as took a few steps towards Azreal. He had lost sight of the necromancer, but he held little concern for her. the thought of annihilation's release held only peace for him; an end to his fallen existence; but this was not the hour of his demise. He refocused his attention towards Azreal as he spoke.

"It seems that we will have to finish this later..."  Lucifer said as he scanned the area for the necromancer. "....It seems that we must swat down this bothersome fly..."

Anonymous

(I guess Angel posts a little slowly... so I'll just go ahead and press on, and let him jump in later if he likes ^^ I'm having a blast, boys!

Hurray for boss battles!)

When the bloodmetal shield, badly damaged from the ravages of the necrotic explosions, lowered at last, it seemed as if everything had been utterly consumed. The field... was now flat as can be, and the ground a deadened, jetsom black. The topsoil, and all the molten rock had been devoured by the Negative Energy... No joke on how destructive it was. It had left nothing but bedrock in its wake, and a fine black powder that covered the stone like snow.

It did not have a smell, the sky was not starry... it was just... dead. Like athird degree burn, blackened to the bone. Whether the angel of death had remained in that hell-zone to be annhialated remained to be seen... but if he had stayed there as he had, he would be utterly annhialated. (Since I don't know, but that much is pretty freaking certain.)

The snow, it seemed, was not friendly. Clouds and wisps of it assaulted the senses, burning just a little wherever it touched, leaving the skin where it rasped briefly raw... but the point was made: Do not touch the black snow.

Most of all, though, this desecrated area, supersaaturated with negative energy, was cold. Cold beyond any sense of the word that had mortal definition. Breath's water condensed, and immediately sank, and any sweat would seal instantly into ice. It was a deadly environment indeed.

And it was the Necromancer master's element. She may as well have brought a shard of the plane of negative energy into the real world... but she could touch the snow, bask in its coldness... withstand the unearthly cold that permeated the entirety of their new bleak battlefield... for it was now her own. She stood in the black snow, in the inky night that she had created, her green, lichflame eyes burning brightly with hatred for Lucifer and his bodyguard. No wind blew in the blackness... it had devoured the warmth, and without warmth, no wind could blow... but her robes, tattered and blackened as they were, flowed like her stringy hair, as if blown by one.

Her power in this place... was enormous. She fed off the vast ammounts of negative energy there... it may as well have been her sanctum, for what good it did her 'guests'. She was in control of the battlefield now... no force these men could muster would alter it, and no flame would ever heat up its inky blackness... until she said so. The stage was set, all that was needed was for the players to take the stage.

This was her house now.

Anonymous

Rin's armor grew thicker, covering more of his body to blockade the black snow from his flesh, he was only mortal afterall, and knew to take extra precautions.  At the same time it trapped his body heat in, serving as a shelter from the intense chill.  Strangely, the black snow did not bother his crimson shell, but he assumed it would eat away at his flesh if the two came in contact.  It was obvious that the necromancer was swelling with negative power, but that she had, at the same time, given away her location with her now massive power.  Rin was young and had not faced anything like it before, but he adapted well.

"So its your world now?"  Rin said to the necromancer.

Blood slowly oozed to the ground, as if slowed by the dead cold of the area.  Rin altered it, thinning it, so it could flow more freely.  It was obviously going to take a lot of concentration of his part to manipulate his blood at the speed he needed later on, but for now...this pace would suffice.  A layer of bloodmetal built up beneath him.  The smell of iron and blood filled the vicinity, but quickly dissipated into the atmospheric void that now surrounded the combatants.  Rin had one thing working for him, that this strange material did not affect his bloodmetal, almost as if his elemental prowess canceled his power, or maybe it was an undiscovered trait of the bloodmetal as of this point, regardless...it would allow Rin to fight in such conditions.  As the layers of bloodmetal formed, they were covered by the snow, hiding them.  Rin hoped this would prove to be and effective trap.  Rin stood in an upright posture, showing no sign of backing down as he eyed the necromancer, his piercing blue eyes seemingly looking into her tarnished soul.  Slowly but surely the hidden plate grew, now that it was formed under the snow, Rin could make it bigger without applying more blood in the open.  He slowly added blood to the plate through his feet, and although it was uncanny, it got the job done.  The plate was now about 20 ft in diameter and growing, it was quite a large area, but still it paled in comparison to the null zone that had recently been formed.  Rin only hoped it would suffice, and as long as he stood where he was, it would continue to grow.

Anonymous

Ooc:such an unforeseen twist of events, but me likey- me likey allot. Although I cannot help but feel a twinge of disdain for a 3 on 1 battle, I haven't had the chance to work with others in such setup like this in a long time. should get interesting.... :twisted:

Ic:

Lucifer cocked his head slightly as the necromancer converted the land into a corpulent remnant of it's former visage. It was...amusing. It seemed that this individual seemed to hold her power in high esteem; such confidence-such arrogance. She held strength, that fact was indisputable, but she clearly underestimated her opponents if she believed that she could go toe to toe with him. Lucifer hovered gently above the blackened snow, using minimal effort to keep himself afloat. He knew the workings of negative energy, it was a parasitic power that thrived off of whatever it came into contact to. How fitting, that such a whelp should wield such magics, but it made little difference now.

Lucifer turned his head slightly, taking notice of Rin's application of blood metal that continuously crept across the ground, providing for an adequate ground field space, but it would take time for it to grow to proportions that could be significantly useful. Regardless, Rin seemed to be proving his worth as an ally; A small relief in this situation. He returned his attention to the necromancer; her eyes ablaze with disgust for both himself and Rin. It seemed that he and Rin would be the first to face this necral magician...

Lucifer stared down with the necromancer, his crimson eyes glowing ever fiercer as he stood motionless. The two stood idle for what seemed to be an eternity, until finally, Lucifer whispered as he exhaled.

"....Let's begin...."

In an instant, he was behind the woman, bringing one of his blades down from above her, while slashing the other in a horizontal motion. He knew that his preemptive strike would not hit it's mark, but he was curious to see the full extent of this necromancer's ability.

Ooc:Let's get ready to ruuuuuuummmmmmbbbbbllllleeee!!!!! *starts playing fight scene montage music*lol. Alright Enkashi.....show me what you got  8)

Anonymous

Just as fast as Lucifer had moved, so too did the necromancer. The sound of a dagger unsheathing filled the air around her as Lucifer appeared, and swung downward. Metal sounding against metal rang and broke the ghastly silence, and against that sword, with one arm, without even turning around, the necromancer parried... with a sacraficial dagger. It seemed as though it was a blow stopped without the least bit of effort.

She did not even look to Lucifer, and simply flicked her wrist, sending the demon flying from her presence, driven by his steely grip on his blade. She was not just a powerful mage... she was strong, and obviously very good with that knife as well. With but one finger, she pointed at the Demon, hurtling through the air by her hand, and a pearl of black energy appeared at her fingertip. In a wide, sweeping slash, the purplish black energy crackled with power, and became a MASSIVE slash, arcing through the air like the lazy swing of a reaper's scythe... and it was just that: A beam of energy, intense and thin enough to rend the demon badly should it hit its mark... which was entirely likely, considering she had just thrown him through the air.

She only devoted a miniscule portion of her attention to the demon. He was as a gnat to her... whether he knew it or not. Alone, both of them were, and now he was without his defenses. Her other, free hand moved in front of her face, index finger and thumb curled as if around a small ball above her palm, ring, middle and pinky fingers raised straight. That was all the warning the bloodmage mercenary would get.

In less than an instant, she was already in front of the blood-wielding warrior, with a slash perfectly aimed at a gap in his neck armor, but before any kind of reaction could occur, she was already past him, about a hundred feet behind him. Turning, the necromancer pointed two fingers at the bloodmage, and lined him up with the Devil, Lucifer. Another black pearl of energy formed there, and this time, it shot out, like a spear. She was not attacking to wound these men... she was shooting to kill. She wanted them dead, not gurgling in pain at her feet. She was not a nice woman who let her prey live at the end of the day.

That beam had a lot of power behind it, directed at a very small cutting surface. She was trying to impale them both, as if on a spit.

Anonymous

Rin smriked as the woman turned to shoot.

"You should have killed me a moment ago!"  He said as the shot was fired.  

It seemed only an instant before it reached Rin, but oddly...It had not hit its mark, as if he actually had time to react.  Indeed he did, a gross underestimate had occurred.  A wall of arcing green electricity had been formed the instant the shot was fired.  The jolts arced between the many tiny balls of bloodmetal Rin had floating about, intermingled with the particles of blackened snow.  The makeshift barrier had not stopped the blast, but instead diverted of course so that it barely missed Rin's shoulder.  The armor on his shoulder had searing wound that was quickly mended.  Suddenly tentacles of bloodmetal burst up all around the necromancer, twisting up and forming a cacoon of sorts.  The energies that could pierce bloodmetal were far and few between, but Rin knew that this would not slow her down much.

Anonymous

Lucifer flipped backward as the necromancer pushed him backwards into the air and launched her attack, but with a swift flap of his wings, he quickly escaped the line of destruction. He was now above the woman, and just as quickly as she had reacted to his attack, she had reappeared before Rin; now attempting to impale both of them in a single blow, but this would not be the case. With the same speed that he had shown before, he vanished from sight, and reappeared a few yards behind the necromancer. He quickly produced a torrential gust of wind with one mighty flap of his angelic wings, sending a wave of dark air towards the necromancer. As he did this, he quickly gave one graceful flick of his wrist and unbound one of his abysmal blades, reverting it back into a legion of bladed chains; which he made no hesitation to launch towards the necromancer.