Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

In a bit too deep...

Started by Anonymous, December 05, 2007, 01:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The rather imposing form of Ferver manuvered his way through the patrons of the city. Those brows furrowed, steely blue eyes set in a glare, and a rather deep growl gracing his lips at random. As usual, he didn't appear happy, something seemed to be causing his normal grump to increase. "..somethin' just isn't right" He muttered to himself, as he turned down an alleyway.

He let out a deep exhale, trying to calm himself somewhat, but when your mind was in a constant state of war with your emotions nothing seems to help. That rather angry expression melted away replaced by one of shock as a voice suddenly hit his eardrums, traveling down to that broken heart of his.

"Oh, well this was much easier than I thought it would be" Yana said with a smile on her face, as she brushed a few strand of that blue hair from her face. "You've gotten rusty my dear Ferver, hopefully this won't be too easy, I know you'd hate to disapoint me or the organization"

"Y..you?, how.. Why!" He wheeled around to face the only person that had managed to tame the battle hardened mercenary. "You already destroyed me and our home, what more do you want from me?" Amazingly those hands didn't ball up into fists, and that strange weight to the air that normally followed him lifted. Those cold blue eyes softened, and began to tear up. The pain that constantly bombarded his soul, that gave him the hunger for physical pain and even death came to the surface.

"What a stupid question, how? well if I banished you here.. what's to stop me from coming as well, and why... well apparently Kain doesn't seem to trust you enough to kill yourself over me" A light shrug graced her slender shoulders as those flames gradually formed around her right hand. "So.. it's almost like old times, except I don't have to lead you along like a little puppy this time" She lifted a solitary trigger finger to point at Ferver's torso, a baseball sized orb of fire streaking through the air towards him.

"... you bit.." He barely had time to almost sob those words out before the impact of that infernal attack which had the same launching effect on him as a shotgun at close range, sending him spiralling backwards into the streets those clothes smoldering, he knew she was toying with him before she decided to move in for the kill. Gradually getting up, those blue eyes filled with a combination of rage and agony. The smoldering smoke coming up from the charred peices of fabric and the exposed first degrees burns on his flesh definantly made him look much more intimidating than before, the locals of course had began to panic once they saw the flash of fire from the alley and him flying out like that.

"Aww, you mean you couldn't even sidestep a simple attack like that?" She mocked him as the fire reformed around her hand. "Well you better start acting like a real warrior again soon, otherwise I'll just have to start tearing this town apart peice by peice.. perhaps the children first this time?"

"I'll kill you!" Ferver snarled in response, rushing towards her form only to get launched back by yet another fireball. In his current emotional state he was completely useless in combat, and despite his threat he wasn't able to even comprehend killing the person that despite her action still had his heart wrapped around her little finger.

Anonymous

<center> no time left now for shame
horizon behind me, no more pain
windswept stars blink and smile
another song, another mile

you read the line every time
ask me about crime in my mind
ask me why another read song
funny, but i bet you never left home

</center>

It was cool, in this northern city, for a reptile. It slowed his metabolism, slowed his heart rateâ€"his entire body, slowed. It was unpleasant, and he hated feeling so sluggish from being too cool. He was walking in the sun, dark cloak on of course both to absorb and retain heat and to hide his abnormal features, in an attempt to warm up, when his sensitive, forked tongue caught a hint of…smoke…to the left. It didn’t smell like normal smoke, and soon after he heard people screaming and the crowds around him moving awayâ€"then a flash of heat.

Lots of heat! Glorious heat!

Drawn to the heatâ€"and to the curious smellsâ€"Itaaski used his inhuman strength to force his way through the crowds towards the scene, which by now was more than emptied of normal civilians. The snake anthro watched a man slowly standing up; the man was about his height, a little more buff than the snake-anthro, and dressed darklyâ€"although those clothes were falling apart and smoldering, along with the flesh underneath. As always the scent of burning fleshâ€"or cooking meatâ€"made him nauseated, and he soon discerned by listening to their exchanges and watching their expressions and body language that this was not something the man wanted to do, and the female was certainly the aggressor.

And Itaaski did not like her. He hissed softly, upset especially by the threat to kill children, and frowned when the manâ€"blinded by anger, obviouslyâ€"charged at the woman, forced back by another blinding flash of fireâ€"heat washed over him, revitalizing him and boosting his energy and metabolism; he could feel the sleepy cold forced out of him, the lethargy passing swiftly in the onset of the heat. Although the sudden burst of heat all but blinded his heat sensing, he still had his eyes, ears, and tongue to guide him, and he was no more going to let this woman kill the man and the children than he was cut off his own tail.

He stepped between the sprawled form of the man after he fell back from the latest fireball, and the woman, hood still up and obscuring his features; the only indication of his abnormalities would be his voice and, visible to the man behind him, a long, powerful tail, scaled beautifully. “Thisss isss a peaccceful place…pleassse do not ruin it, missss. You have frightened the people and put an unpleasssant odor in the air…besssidesss, you might catch sssomeone’sss houssse on fire. Pleassse leave the cccity. I do not wisssh to sssee anyone get hurt.�

<center> fourteen seconds until sunrise
tired but wiser for the time
lightning thirty miles away
three thousand more in two days

and on a good day
i know it ain't everyday
we can part the sea.
</center>

I figured it was open; if it isn't, just say so and I'll delete my post!

Anonymous

(Lol no you are fine, and it's open :P I always leave my rps open to all)

"..I've heard a lot of strange accents, but never a lisp like.." Ferver erked a brow as he peered at the stranger, "Err sorry..," Those eyes focused back on Yana from over the man's shoulder, that air weighing down again a series of faint whispers seeming to coming from a mass of people, though there wasn't any left on the block aside from him, her, and Itaaski. Yana readied another fireball, and Ferver swiftly leapt over the snake anthro into the path of the attack. This fireball detonated just thousandths of an inch from Ferver's flesh, the flames billowing upward around him. This time he didn't have a sign of damage, "Err dunno yer name there kid, but thanks for the assist I suppose" That trigger finger locked on to the form of Yana. "I'm amazed you still remembered my weak spot for the defenseless... no wonder I'm still in love with you"

Yana seemed a bit shocked at the intial appearance of the Anthro, and the fact he actually had stood between her and her opponent, this allowed Ferver to get in a free shot. A faint outline of a orb almost like a mist in appearance launched from the man's forehead as he issued a light smirk, the attack catching her in the midsection and slamming her against a wall. She got up far quickly than Ferver had earlier, "Isn't that cute, you managed to lure another moron in for me to kill aside from you".

"You aren't ruining this world like you did the last one, I'll stop you, and if you think your 'father' Kain isn't going to get a fight... you are dead wrong" Ferver always seemed to catch a second wind when another person's life was brought into his conflicts, much less an entire planet's existance. "I'll protect this world, and I'll save mine even if I have to swim the rivers of Styx to do so"

Anonymous

</center>

Itaaski wasn’t bothered by the comment on his lisp; it’s rather difficult to speak normally when one’s mouth is completely and utterly different from the mouth of a human. And certainly the man was more polite than most, and comments on his speech are far nicer than disparaging comments on his appearance…but in any case it hardly mattered given the circumstances. This was neither the time nor the place to get offended over someone’s comments, and they would not have offended him even under normal circumstances. The snake wasn’t particularly easy to offend, so it hardly mattered.

Well, he didn’t appreciate being called ‘kid’ considering he was probably older than either of them.

He trained his senses on the blue haired woman and had his heat vision temporarily blinded as a bright point of heat formed around her hand, paling the red surrounding the rest of her body; his muscles tensed slightly as he prepared to move to avoid it, tail preparing to wrap around the man behind him to keep him from being hurt as well, whenâ€"to his astonishmentâ€"the human behind him leapt literally over him into the path of the fireball. Alarmed and worried for the man’s health, he yelled, “No!â€? before he realized the man didn’t seem to have taken any damage from the fire, and then he realized as they spoke that something beyond what he had originally thought was going on.

Another wave of heat rolled over him at the explosion of the second fireball, and some of the flames which rolled past the man in front of him brushed Itaaski’s cloak, burning parts of it away and heated him further; it was like waking from a long sleep and finally beginning to see the world normally; fast, rapid, clearly. Not slowly, as from a distance. It felt wondrous to be so warm and energized and it boosted his confidence. He was angry now, actually angry as he so rarely wasâ€"who did this woman think she was? She could not destroy this city.

He wasn’t interested in listening to the two of them argue; with the swiftness only a striking venomous reptile can have he shifted, using a roll of smoke and light to conceal himself, and lunged at the woman as she began to stand with inhuman speed, using his powerful tail and feet kicking off a wall to add to his speed, spinning round midair and swinging that thick tail, as long or longer than he was tall, at her with all muscles tensed; as it were, should he hit her the way he wished, with the middle of the tail, it would feel akin to a tree trunk smashing into her body.

Itaaski was not about to allow anyone to protect him, and he was not going to walk away from someone threatening his world and the children in it. That was not in his natureâ€"besides, when had he, in all of his one hundred and fifty seven years of life, run from such a fight? He wouldn’t let the young man get himself killed on Itaaski’s account.

and on a good day
i know it ain't everyday
we can part the sea.
</center>

XD Kay!! ^-^ I'm glad to hear it; I like Ferver and Yana!

Anonymous

(xD yeah these two are pretty disfunctional)

"Oro?" Was the only comment Yana could utter before that tail impacted smacking her rather audibly against the wall yet again. This time leaving a light indentation of her figure on it. This time she did not get up, her unconcious form actually seemed to melt away in a sort of black goo seeping in to the earth rapidly.

Ferver winced lightly at the attack upon his former co-worker, much akin to when a drunk freind runs into a random tree limb at a party. His head tilted lightly as she faded from his view. A light growl gracing his throat, "I could have convinced her to leave his side.., she would have dropped this conquering nonsense and joined me" He approached the indent on the wall, those digits gracing her point of impact softly. "Why do people have to be so stupid?," He commented idly to Itaaski, before turning to face his sudden helper. "I mean I'm sure you see plently of the blind stupidity we call fear and hate from people".

A light sigh graced the seasoned fighter's lips, "Name's Ferver by the way, a fellow fighter like you can feel free to call me Ferv... just never Fever... I'm not sign of the flu y'know" He offered a hand to the man, it was odd to see respect from Ferver... not to mention extremely rare. "..I figured those two would be around eventually, to finish me off or just to take over another world," That weight to the air and those bizarre whispers faded gradually, he didn't seem phased at all by those minor burns on his body. He did however seem a bit agitated by the burns on his clothing. A brow furrowing lightly as he surveyed himself.

"Man I hate psychological attacks... almost as much as I hate her father, oh.. sorry to drag you into my personal affairs on that note." He dusted his slacks off slightly, the scent of a doused camp fire seeming to surround him due to the charred remnants of his upper garments. "Hey what am I complaining about anyway... at least she left me my pants".

Anonymous

</center>

The reptile watched with distaste as the woman seemed to melt into a tar-like goo and sink into the earth, stepping away from the area she sank into and looking around warily, not about to discount the idea that she may still be lurking about somewhere entirely. There was always the possibility, after all. Itaaski didn’t want to risk a sneak attack from below. He only relaxed when the other man walked over to the wall without seeming to be worried about a second attack, tongue flicking out briefly.

He seriously doubted that the woman would have been swayed by this man, given how intent she had been upon killing him and destroying the world, but it wasn’t any of Itaaski’s business and he knew when to keep his mouth shut. He wouldn’t be saying anything of the sort and risk irritating the man.

Itaaski reached up to adjust his hood when the man turned to him, angling his head down slightly so that the shadow of the cloak would hide his face more fully. He didn’t want to deal with people becoming frightened by his appearance. “Hm…Perhapsss you could have ssswayed her, and perhapsss not. I did not want to wait and find out and risssk the children being hurt or the town catching ffire.� He stood with the utter stillness that characterized him, watching the man with his large, brilliantly blue eyes unblinkingly.

He addressed the second comment and question after a little while of contemplation, “Yesss, I do. But it isss fffear, and misssunderssstanding. I cannot hold it againssst thossse who sssee me and merely react. But to fffear, and then to realizzze that there isss no threat, and continue to behave that way anywaysss…that isss ssstupidity, asss you call it. I sssee none of that in you.� He tilted his head to the side, studying the man, his tail twisting slowly on the cobblestones, warm from fire. “Curioussss.�

Itaaski smiled slightly, the sharp points of his fangs glinting briefly in the light from the darkness of the hood, “I am no fffighter…I am jussst a wanderer. I am, however, pleasssed to meet you, Fervv. My name isss Itaaassski.� He too extended his hand, scaled even there and surprisingly slender for someone so powerful; he slid his hand, cool to the touch even when to him he was warmer than he had been in months (though he was cooling rapidly in absence of the fire) into Ferver’s hand, shaking firmly but not squeezing violently the way some do. A respectful, polite handshake. It was one of few; few people ventured such courtesy to him.

He frowned slightly, long tongue flicking out briefly and retracting, “You are attacked ffrequently? They wisssh to take over thisss world?� This was rapidly becoming more and more distressing, and Itaaski knew in his heart that he could not allow it to happen without fighting back. It was his responsibility. As a resident of this world, if nothing else. “No, do not apologizzze…I wasss the one who made the decccisssion to join in, and I do not regret it.� He surveyed the man’s upper body, recalling that humans, being so warm, also feel the cold strongly. “Are you cold?�

and on a good day
i know it ain't everyday
we can part the sea.
</center>

Hehe! They are! 8D It's funny.

Anonymous

"Heh, you're an alright guy as you can tell the majority of people tend to run even when their way of living and offspring are threatened" A light shrug graced his shoulders. "Guess we're both weird," He couldn't help but chuckle at the 'asssss'. "Well I've seen a lot of things in my rather short life, and obviously I've found most monsters consist of the most human appearing things".

A brow erked on the comment of 'not being a fighter', "Must just be a born skill then," Ferver had a rather firm grip regardless of how gentle he attempted to be in the shake. "No no... I'm fine, luckily I've built up a pretty good tolerance to the weather and this sort of things".

"She and her adoptive father will probably stop at nothing, .. once they get around to the task. They do tend to procrastinate a lot, but they will probably go after me first. ... Well not here, but before I came here.. it was pretty much at least a daily occurance..if not them it'd be a hired goon." He nodded lighty to Itaaski, "That is very noble of you to want to help your planet, I wish I could say the same for the vast majority of my kind." He scratched the back of his head lightly. "Heh even I myself was a 'monster' once before. Though I have attempted for the most part to move on to better things in life."

"Though I am only fooling myself with her I suppose, heh the only one to blame is me for being so gullible and falling in love with the psychopath" He chuckled lightly at the irony of his situation. "S' better than having to save someone from a tower constantly or save her from some other random peril, though.. if I don't kill her. I'll have to lure her away from this world, stupid as they are... some people deserve to live"

Anonymous

</center>

Itaaski inclined his head, “Yesss, they do. It isss a pity that they do.� He chuckled along with the man, amused by the comment that they must both be weird, and agreed quietly. “Yesss…and it isss sssadly true that there are asss many monssstersss living in thessse cccitiesss asss there are in the wild placccesss of the world.� And it was truly sad that Itaaski frequently was in more danger from civilization than from the wild.

He chuckled, “Perhapsss. I’ve jussst had a very long time to learn to defend myssself, that isss all.� He regarded the human, and then nodded. “Alright…but ssshould you need clothing, you have only to sssay ssso.�

He frowned again; clearly this was a serious problem. “Thisss isss a ssseriousss problem. It needsss greatly to be addressed…and sssinccce you are the one they will attack firssst, I ssshall follow you. They mussst be prevented from harming thisss world; I will try not to kill the…woman…but I ssshall kill the man given the opportunity. Isss that acceptable, Fervv?�

He listened quietly, withholding judgment because judging was not his place, and agreed with the last statement. “Yesss…it would be a pity for ssso many to die. Essspecccially the children.â€?  

and on a good day
i know it ain't everyday
we can part the sea.
</center>

Anonymous

"Well there's our difference I suppose, if they pose I threat I tend to remove any chance of them causing harm... well except in certain cases," He nodded lightly, those eyes scanning over the citizens as they returned to the streets almost as if nothing had happened at all. A rather sharp glare issued to a few of them by Ferver, he envied them in all truth, he did wish for a normal life, a killer was a killer regardless of how hard he tried.

"Ah it's fine, I can just buy s'more" He chuckled lightly, snapping out of his momentary fixation on the people. "Usually the self taught fighters are the best, after all no one knows their skills better than themself".

"Well I wouldn't call it that serious," He scratched the back of his head lightly. "All I have to do is off Kain, their leader, and then once his funding fades away so will his hired goons. Truth be told the man is scared to death of me... I mean you knock a demon out once and they turn into cowards, I was expecting a bit more of a fight to tell the truth, but Yana saved him from the finishing blow after that.. as usual, uh sure... I mean if you don't mind my normal chaotic life and the random barfights it's fine with me".

"Yeah, kids... I mean they can't really protect themselves from something like that. Well half of the population can't... but still it is a bit low, in my home they enslaved them. Of course, s' a lot worse than death in my opinion" He growled lightly at the mention of his homeworld, he felt like he had abandoned it completely even if he was sent here involuntarily.