Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Love isn't just a fairytale (Lion)

Started by Anonymous, January 12, 2008, 06:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

A young girl about 16 with short black hair and red amber eyes was hunched over the bakery check out quietly reading a poetry book. The hand made sign outside the bakery said “ Welcome to Ohto Bakery and below it was a smaller sign that told the cosumers the specials of the day.
As the fire dies down,
As the din of night settles in,
The world is bustling with
Last minutes purchases
Preparations
For day break.
Save for four friends,
Though all had desires
Wishes.
One wishes to remember
Another wishes nothing more
Than to be beside her
One wishes to forget
His life
His tragedies
His home
The last only wishes
To return to what he knew
His world
His princess
But as the fire dies down,
As the din of night settles in,
All are happy
And regrets
Desires
Wishes
Slip from their minds
In each others company
All is well
All are loved
As the world rushes by
Peace, heavenly peace,
As the four close their eyes
Thought of what may come
Are left to wait
For the day.

Yuzuriha closed the book she had been reading and sighed looking out the bakery window it had been one of the busiest days being so close to the weekend. For some reason people in the city of Reajh loved to have fresh baked goods during the weekend. Amber eyes traveled to the bag of trash next to her and groaned ever since her grandfather, who was the original owner of the shop died, Yuzuriha was the only person managing it but she was a resourceful girl and managed quite well. She hefted the big bag and started dragging it out to the alley dumpster after this she would take a nice long bath and then pass out in her bed. She threw the bag into the grimy looking dumpster. " I hate to be the one who empties this"  she thought and was about to go inside when she noticed a figure stumbling into the alley he looked to be about a year older than her with red hair but she couldn’t see his eyes very well. Yuzuriha's instincts told her to go inside and lock the door but upon closer inspection she noticed the stranger was favoring his left ankle.  Is he limping? [/i]She thought as he got closer.

Ohto means " cherry blossoms"

Lion

The light of an opening door shredded through the street shadows as the sound of a body hitting the floor resonated through the empty avenue.  "This be no place for a lad your age.  And if ye have any sense in that loaded head o' yours, you'll know well enough not to come back!"  The bartender, whose burly shadow crowded the lighted doorway, dusted off his hands as if to get the filth from the seventeen year old boy off of him by doing so.  The brightness from the door suddenly ceased, leaving the youth shrouded in the darkness.

Riordan, head blurred with liquor, struggled to his feet, as unstable as it felt to stand.  His hand, knuckles sore from landing through a wooden stair, ran through his thick, crimson hair, brushing away the strands in his face.  What am I doing here? his mind rang, but thoughts did no use now for he was as drunk as a whore with a very generous client.  As soon as one coherent thought formed in his tumulous mind it was sand in the wind again and was quickly replaced with an even less intelligible parcel of thought.  He stumbled to the side of the bar, using the stone wall for support as he detached the flask from his leg strap.  Unscrewing the cap with shaky hands, his dry, cracked lips hurt when they made contact with the cold canister.  But he drank amply, thinking, I might as well get as drunk as I want.  I don't have anything to live for anyway.  

Where was he going, this restless stranger who was certainly convinced he had nothing left to lose.  Tarquin had spent years wandering Le'ranna from kingdom to untamed land and had thought he had seen everything.  During his travels, he had witness countless deaths, blood, disease, poverty, and suffering and it wrenched at his heart.  He was a natural born sympathizer but sometimes his sensitivity made him sick of himself.  Sometimes one just couldn't go around life feeling sorry for everyone; sometimes one had to be strong.  And that's what Riordan tried to do, that was all he had ever tried to do.  He was a walking shadow in life, an unknown witnessing the suffering of others and unable to do a thing.  So in order to keep the emotions within him from tearing him apart, he hid them.  Hid them behind a visage of stoicism and remoteness.

Readjusting the belt around his waist that held his short sword, Riordan wearily made his way down an unknown alley, his thick-soled boots crunching the loose gravel from it's cobblestone layering.  He didn't know where he was going but he didn't much care right now.  There was a light at the end of the alley.  Stopping briefly, what must have been the light from a store backdoor was all his squinted eyes and blurred vision could make out.  He must have been closer than he thought, but none the less he decided to try asking the owners if they could let him stay there or at least point out a local inn to him.  As soon as he attempted to move his left foot forward, his boot strap got caught on a loose nail of some kind.  He felt the rush of wind as his body hurdled forward, knocking the flask out of his hand.  His body crashed hard on the solid ground, causing a cracking sound to come to his ears. Suddenly it came upon him that he had taken his armor off and left it...  Left it where.  Damn!  It must still be back in the bar.  Oh well, I-I can come and get it tomorrow.

Riordan pushed himself up with this knees and crawled toward the light when he was struck by the pain in his ribs.  The sudden pain made him cry out, holding a hand to his side.  Wow, I never thought broken ribs could hurt like this, was his final thought before passing out from shock on the cold ground.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Yuzuriha  heard the strange boy cry out as he struggled to his knees she cautiously moved toward the prone figure kneeling down next to him she saw that his eyes were closed at first she thought he was dead but when she heard his ragged breathing she knew he obviously wasn't. Rolling him over onto his back she felt for any broken bones when she came to his side she noticed that several of his ribs were misplaced. Slinging one of the boy's arms over her shoulder she struggled to drag him inside because he was taller than she was. Once they were inside the warm bakery she now faced the task of dragging him up the stairs. Once she conquered that and had the stanger on a bed she went to work wrapping his side. She then covered him with thick warm blankets she didn't know how long he had been in the cold. She then went back downstairs to help the last new costumers of the day. When they left she switched the open sign to closed. She realized the boy wouldn't wake up for awhile so she took a quick bath and changed her clothes. Then set to work making something in a large cooking pot until she had something that resembled thick molasses. She then went back upstairs and waited in a nearby chair for the gu to wake up.

Lion

The fist that was obviously garbed in a heavy, steel glove was clouting zealously against Riordan's sensitive skull.  Callused palms reached to comfort the throbbing of his temples as his eyes opened cautiously, observing the dimply lit room.  Slowly, he tried to pull himself to a sitting position until the sharp pain from his ribs stabbed him, forcing him back down on his back.  Groaning, he resumed with his now clear vigilance of the room despite the hell of a hangover pounding in his head.

With its curtains drawn, a thin slit of moonlight just managing to pour into the room, a lone oil lamp sat at on a table across from where he lay.  From what it lit up, he could tell his chambers were rather small in size, fit with only two beds, the one he was laying in and the empty one parallel to his on the opposite wall.  The walls were draped in a rather humble wallpaper, painted roses with vines climbing up and down paper columns everywhere.  From what he could tell this was either a girl's room or a man had bent to his wife's every whim in decorating this place.

"Where in the hell am I?" he asked to himself.  Of course he knew he couldn't answer himself.  Apparently someone must have found him and dragged him to this place, however how they managed to do that was far beyond him.  But then he remembered he didn't have his armor on so he wasn't all that heavy.  With what strength he could, Riordan propped himself up on one elbow, leaning heavily on the side opposite his wounded.  With a careful hand he slightly touched the makeshift bandage wrapping that covered his ribcage, shirt unbuttoned revealing tanned skin.  Just then the opened just a crack, not yet unveiling the shadow behind it.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Yuzuri looked up from where her head was resting on the bed side table and noticed her guest woke up. Walking over to the occupied bed she smiled "So finally awake huh?" then taking the glass she had waiting she placed it on the table next to him "here drink this I'm pretty sure you have a hangover this will help but it probably won't taste very good" she said referring to the thick dark syrupy liquid. " Oh I'm Yuzuriha by the way but you can call Yuzuri or Yuzu if you want what's your name?" she asked.

Lion

Riordan pushed himself back with the muscles of his good side.  Eyes widened by this strange person before him, he pulled his open shirt over his bandages as if that would shield him from this weird girl who had the nerve to surprise him by appearing out of nowhere like some kind of ghost, then suddenly try to coax him into drinking a liquid.

But his head hurt too much to protest.  With a shaking hand he took the glass, nodding then asking, "My name is Riordan.  Where am I?"  After asking the obvious questions he took a sip of the thick, brown liquid.  As soon as it's taste landed on his tongue, he nearly wanted to spit back out, but, instead, swallowed reluctantly.  Almost instantly, he felt his throbbing headache subside and replace it with a balmy peace.

Looking at her with perplexed eyes, a faint sense of familiarity came over him.  There was something about this girl that brought back a memory, but he could put his finger on it.  Instead, he opened his mouth to ask, "How did I get here?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"Oh well you're at Ohto Bakery, and as how you got here I dragged you inside" Yuzuriha answered That's  kind of a strange name you'rere not from around here are you , that's okay neither am I"  the girl said in a chipper friendly then proceeded to poke the older boy in the shoulder Ya know it isn't really good for you to get so drunk , too much liquor can shut down some of your vital organs are you trying to kill yourself or something Rio-woof? Yuzu said continuing to poke him. The boy was another victim of the girl's nicknaming. "Yep that's your new nickname cuz you're way to serious like a wolf or something Yuzuriha said laughing . Not noticing the shadowy figure lurking from the side of the building.

Lion

He quirked an eyebrow at this foolish girl and made one hell of an effort to drink the rest of the thick liquid in the glass, hoping he wouldn't vomit his guts all over the cotton blanket.  It was that vile.  He wiped his mouth and smoothed his features hoping he wasn't making a fool of himself in front of this girl who claimed she had just saved his life.

Riordan flinched at her touch, despite that there was something usually calming about it.  "No," he replied, shaking his head, "I didn't know that.  But then again what have I got to live for?"  He didn't expect her to answer a rhetorical question.  "Rio-woof.  Since when did I become a dog."  His defensive nature was starting to kick in.  "You're not some kind of witch are you?  You're not gonna try to keep me prisoner and do crazy incantation spells? 'Cause if you are, you better watch it, I have a sword right....  Er-" His hand searched frantically at his side where his sword should have been.  "What did you do with my sword?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"Oh that big pointy thing I put that in the closet because I saw it and thought " How dangerous" hehe my bad" the girl said smiling " and no I'm not a witch at least I don't think I am but I'm pretty sure I would know if I was one or not you sure do ask alot of questions" then noticing the empty glass she smiled bigger " Good boy you drank it all" Yuzu giggled patting him on the head. She then heard heard what he said and her smile disappeared and she turned her face towards the door 'that's not true everyone has something to live for" she turned back to him her smile returned "Oh, I guess you want some food now right I might have to go to the store since I don't have any dog food oh I know I can make one of my new recipes" the girl said as she skipped down the hall and stairs. For the next half-hour a peculiar scent wavered around the bakery as the girl returned with a bowl of something that resembled vegetable soup except for the strange fuchsia color and who knows how many different seasonings and spices in it. " Here ya go Yuzuriha's super surprise stew!" she said with a grin.  
OOC: soooooooo sry it took so long major brain fart :(