Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

berry picking (OPEN!!!)

Started by Anonymous, January 17, 2008, 03:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

As his cold hands touched her cheeks her mind spun out several things, instinct told her to pull away or run away, yet her heart and her head told her to stay, he was nice, no reason to run away.  All those emotions chased each other across her face, after what seemed like eternity but was actually only about 2 seconds she didn't pull back.  She just looked up at him, and for once in her life, at least to someone who wasn't family she felt a total and complete trust for him, and she was sure that it probably showed in her face and eyes.  She was never good at hiding her emotions.  She felt the trust and the thought that the leaf might've been her fathers, the whole world just came crashing down around her, she just broke down and cried.  

"I'm sorry!  It's just that that leaf over there looked like my fathers favorite handkerchief and I thought it was his 'till I saw that it was just a leaf."  All that came out in one breath and then she just leaned into Merica and just cried.  But her mouth just didn't want to stop.  "Their gone... the whole tribe... just gone I... I don't know why... they're just not there... no good bye... nothing!  I miss... them so so... so much."  She finally quieted and pushed herself away from Merica calm, "I'm sorry."

Anonymous

Large thumbs ran beneath her eyes, wiping away the tears that she showed.  Even when sad the Elvin maiden was beautiful, maybe even more-so then before.  This sadness the ebbed from the woman made the monster’s skin tingle with anticipation, and the feeling of her wet tears against his flesh sent shivers up his spine.  The emotion that she was feeling flowed into the demon’s flesh and fed a lust for damnation that had never been met in his young life.  She spoke of her father and the people that she once lived with, how one day they just up and left.

What a shame, he thought as he continued to look down at the onyx hair of the woman before him.  Her sadness was powerful, for her race were directly connected to Gaia.  Every tear that fell would bring about dismay from all forms of life in the surrounding area.  Even the sky above appeared to darken a little.  How Mericaâ€"though he knew it was wrongâ€"enjoyed this.

“Please don’t cry,â€? he asked, if not for her sake but for his own.  â€œA Roselle shouldn’t cry.â€?  Oh how that velvet was a soft, soothing to the ears and soul.  One may mistake this demon for an incubus if they did not see his body, for his voice was as alluring as any musicians.

“Maybe they’ll come back…�

Anonymous

She felt Merica wipe away her tears and knew she probably should do it herself, but she couldn't bring herself to raise her hands, nobody had wiped away her tears for years and years, her father when she was 13.  His soft voice helped to settle her tears and they slowed until they stopped falling, when they had completely stopped she pulled away, wiping the remains off with her hands.  "Thank you, I'm sorry.  I should have more control by now, but I- I ... don't"  She finished rather lamely.  She then opened her mouth and before she could stop the words from escaping she said, "Would you like to see where they used to be?"  And then she just stood there shocked that those words came out, she hadn't been to see it since before they left, she had no idea what it would look like without people.

Anonymous

Soft skin left the calloused fingers of the monster as the fair maiden pulled away, out of embarrassment from losing control of herself.  There the demon stood before her, his eyebrow raised in a perplexed manner.  Coal black eyes shone with the light from the sun above, and a soft smile played across his luscious lips.  How odd it looked to see this devil smile.  Muscles pulsed with each heart beat of the beast as the Elf rose from his sitting position, proclaiming that she wanted to take Merica to her home.

“Would you like to see where they used to be?â€?  Thick lids closed tightly over the abyss of his visuals, and he nodded.  â€œI would love to go to your homeland,â€? he spoke softly as he neared her.  â€œThough there may be no more people there, I am sure that the scenery is just as beautiful as you are.â€?  Wow, the demon was developing rather quickly.  How had he gone from being a blubbering fool to a smooth talking darkling?  There was no malcontent in his voice though, he was being honest.  The beauty of life was attractive the demon, for it was something that he could not touch without destroying.

So there he stood before the Elvin maiden, “Maybe there’s a possibility that someone will be there.â€?  He held out his hand for hers, she must lead the way.

Anonymous

She smiled when he said yes, surprised at herself for wanting someone to be there with her when she saw it for the first time, with nobody there.  It's going to be soo different, it's been how long?  There is probably nothing there now.  She took his outstretched hand and led him past many trees and through many paths and through thick woods with no path.  As they got nearer she slowed, not wanting to just barge in, just see how much has changed and if anything is noticably changed.  AS she neared it got noticeably thinner, yet not thin enough that it would show if anyone had been through in a while.  

She stopped when she saw a large break of sunlight and knew they were near the clearing.  She turned to Merica and squezed his hand and tried to smile, but it was wobbly.  "That- clearing... is it."  She broke off, her throat closing up, she then dropped his hand and walked forward the three feet to the clearing and looked out.

WHat she saw made her stagger against a tree, only one thing crossed her mind, They  lied!  There were torn apart and upended tents, and burnt down tents, and worst of all her families totem pole, the tribe's totem pole, was in ruins.  It was chopped at and burned and in horrible condiotion.  She ran to the large demolished tent in the center of the clearing, and rummaged through it, looking for anything a sign anything that meant her parents were still alive.  But found none.  She then turned and ran back towards Merica and stopped a bit in front of him and just collapsed in a heap crying, "They lied!!  They were attacked!!  They didn't just leave!!  They could be dead!!  They weren't berry picking!!  They were hiding, they were cowards, they weren't acting like elves!!"  She then broke down and just cried until everything went black.

Anonymous

Dense brush pressed against their bodies as they moved toward the village of the Elves.  Roselle’s body gave off a mixture of vibrations; worry not dear child, for one must know the truth.  Those fingers that could bring so much destruction were soft upon the hand of the she-elf as she walked through the forest, guiding the man to a place that she once called home.  Facial features that would have been hideous to most were soft with care, for the woman had shown him so much kindnessâ€"to see her in the state she was in now brought forth emotions of despair from the demon.

The path they walked had gone from rugged to pressed, though not enough so to show signs of life.  As they neared the point of Roselle’s home, a wave of chaos hit the demonic apparition.  He knew what would lay beyond the trees, for the blood shed still lingered in the air.  Now was the time that Roselle would find out for herself way lay beyond the dense brush.  Their hands separated, and there stood the silhouette of the fragile looking woman before the village she once called home.

“They lied! They were attacked! They didn’t just leave!  They could be dead!  They weren’t berry picking!  They were hiding, they were cowards, they weren’t acting like elves!â€?

Each they made the demon flinch, for the woman’s voice was a mixture of anger and sorrow.  She had not known that her people had been running away from some force; that they had not been berry picking at al.  He watched her body crumple before him, and in one swift motion moved to her side, his large hand resting on her spine.  Fingers moved against her flesh in a soothing fashion as he cooed at her, his eyelids drooping.  Sadness ebbed from her body, and he fed off it, God did her depression feel wonderful!

No! thought the demon, as he looked down at the woman.  She is sad, a tear fell from his eye, for he felt her sorrow.

“If there are any left,â€? he spoke in an nearly inaudible whisper.  â€œWe’ll find them.â€?

Anonymous

She swam through the darkness remembering all the people of her tribe and missing all of them, even the tribe's healer, somewhere in the distance she felt her real body shaking, and sobbing and Merica stroking her back.  No!!  Don't sink into despair again, you got through despair all the other times!!  Do the same now!!  She started to swim out of the darkness and towards the sound of Merica cooing at her and his soothing strokes on her back.  

She felt the leaves pushing against her as she curled up on the ground, and heard Merica say, “If there are any left, we’ll find them.â€?  Gratitude swelled in her, she lifted up her head and blinking in the light, sat up.  She grabbed Merica's hand and pulled him down towards her, "Merica, do you really really think they are still alive?  WHo could have done this?  How can you be sure?"  She stared at him desperate for some sort of positiv answer yet in the bottom of her stomach she felt a know forming telling herself not to be so wistful.[/quote]