Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pretty faces lie well... (ferver darkblade/ Open)

Started by Anonymous, February 05, 2008, 03:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The swishing sound of cards being shuffled seemed as peaceful and endless to her ears as the ocean did to others. She dealt with deft hands to the five men sitting around the table as well as herself before slapping the rest of the deck in the middle and taking a quick swig out of the mug of ale beside her, a fascinating sight for one so pretty as herself. She sat like a bright light against the dreary bar. Her straight blonde hair came in front of her eyes as she looked down at her hand making her move fast and efficiently with graceful hands. Her posture was perfect and her bright blue eyes seemed so innocent compared to her confident body language. Legs crossed so that her mini skirt rode up her leg even farther, and an amazing amount of cleavage showing out of the low cut top she was wearing while she leaned over the table raising the stakes of the game.

All the while she talked in a cute little voice that showed total naivity. Also chugging the ale sitting beside her. Still, in no time she had put down her cards showing a Royal Flush and added the pot of coins on the table to her bag before slinging it back over her shoulder and winking at the now aggravated men at the table heading towards the bar. Every movement was graceful. Thoughtlessly captivating, as she sat on a barstool crossing her legs in the same seductive manner before leaning over the bar in an attempt to order her drink.

Anonymous

Zach sat at a table alone, though a few patrons were behind him, peering over his shoulder at the charcoal sketching he had been working on during the card game. Those skillfull digits gracefully etching the woman as she winked at the men after they had been defeated at the card game. He stopped and peered at the image momentarily, a small smile gracing his lips at the nice contrast between her happiness in victory, and the loser's annoyance at loss. He quietly slid his chair back, and approached the bar himself. Though not much of a warrior, he had a very acute attention to details thanks to his older cousin that had raised him and had taken note of the drink she had chosen for her game.

Without the slightest bit of hesistance, or much less introduction he took a seat atop a barstool beside her, his right foot positioning itself upon one of the horizontal pegs of the furniture. Placing the etching on the bar underneath her leaning form, "Hey two ales!" He belted out quickly to the bartender, he wasn't very loud spoken often and his reason for speaking out and offering her the drawing was quickly revealed. "Thanks for giving me such a great idea for a drawing, it is so difficult sometimes to come up with motivation," He slid the bartender a few coins in exchange for the drinks, then pushing one over to her. "My name is Zach" He said in a soft spoken voice, wiping the charcoal off his fingers in the process with a paper napkin. Zach offered his now clean hand to her.

Anonymous

Abelia was surprised when she was suddenly stopped from ordering her drink by a boy who couldn’t be too much older than herself, but still decided to sit back and listen as he explained about his drawing. She glanced at the drawing and smiled taking herself as a muse as a compliment.

“You’re pretty good.�

Her voice was a smooth and sweet soprano seeming to match all of the rest of the strange-ness to the young girl. She smiled again as he gave his name and wiped off his hand, extending her own graceful one to meet his with a surprising grip for such a small frame. Not so that she was crushing his hand by any means, but not limp like most pampered girls were.

“My name’s Abelia, and don’t take too much offense to this but I probably won’t remember your name but the end of the night.�

Her smile transformed so that it showed brilliant teeth and perfect form. The poster-board smile. She listened to the clank of the two mugs set down on the table and easily grabbed one with her right hand lifting it up as high as her head in a silent toast before taking a few healthy gulps of what she saw as a delicious little piece of hedonism.

Anonymous

"Well it's just a rough sketch really, if I took my time it would be perfect" Zach shrugged lightly, those eyes glancing to her hand for a split second as she gripped his.

"Heh none taken, still it's a pleasure Abelia," He nodded lightly, a brow erking as mimicked the mock toast, a slight tilt of his head to the right as she downed the ale. He took a swig of his own. Placing it back down upon the table afterwards.

"So it seems that you are a professional card player... I mean I would assume that after such a well played game back there" He commented taking another drink afterwards.

"How long have you been playing?" Zach asked as those brown eyes glanced back over to her. He had picked up on the fact there was something different about this girl from the moment he spotted her, he just could quite put his finger on exactly what it was.

Anonymous

Her smile soon relapsed from it’s brilliance back to the small tilting in the corners of his mouth as she listened to him.

“I’m hardly professional… I just have a knack for those sorts of things.�

Here she paused to give him a small wink before knocking back the last part of her drink and standing beside the stool she had previously occupied.

“Hmmm… I’ve been playing for a few years now.�

She licked her lips still tasting the ale on them before looking around and quickly deciding that this boy was probably the most interesting person here.

“Do you like music?�

She was now leaning with her arm on the table, and her other hand resting on her hip. Blue eyes watching him seeming to wait patiently for his answer while in reality she already had 7 answers prepared for him depending on how he answered the question.

Anonymous

He nodded lightly at her comment on professionalism, downing the rest of his drink as well.

"Well that's one hell of a knack you've managed to get for cards".

The wink got a light smile from Zach in return, his chin stroked lightly as he thought a moment.

"Well the answer is yes and no, I love to hear music, but I've got terrible stage fright so I loathe playing it".

Those brown eyes had already met her blue ones, and he could tell she had already sized up a response to whatever he would have said. Those eyes merely watched as he asked a question himself.

"Why, do  you have a knack for it as well?"

He seemed to try to be reading her, his cousin had taught him a few tricks, but he was still by no means a professional at predicting ones actions.

Anonymous

She smiled at his answer and laughed lightly at his question the response coming smoothly from her lips.

"No, not at all. I just thought it was a very musical moment."

She gave a small shrug and once again looked around the room before her eyes returned back to him.

"I wish there was music playing."

Her voice in that sentence wasn't laced in a dreamy sort of happiness. As if she was talking about her recent lover with eyes full of hearts and pretty little rainbows.

Anonymous

"Now that I think about it, s' pretty odd for a band not to be playing in a bar... or music of some sort at least" Zach commented.

"Well if there was music for this place it would probably be circus music in my opinion", He said as he peered over the other patrons for a moment.

"You ok?", Zach seemed a bit weirded out by the sudden change in her voice. Still unable to peg exactly what was so different about this stranger.

Anonymous

“I’m just about as dandy as a daisy.�

An over dramatic wink later and the bartender had decided to grasp her attention for a moment with only a couple of words.

‘Hey girl. It’s raining outside.’

This caught a few other glances as well. Mostly regulars and few men who didn’t know what was going on but figured out by now that if it had anything to do with Abelia that it should be interesting. She quickly shot towards a grimy window, squinting her eyes to be sure it’s raining before clapping and rushing back over to Zach.

“What do you do in the rain?�

Abelia awaited his answer with an excited smile on her face.

Anonymous

"Well there are lots of things to do in the rain, jump in puddles, splash people, run out of the rain, run into it, and well some people dance and kiss in the rain. It's pretty good for fishing I hear" Zach commented.

"Why, you act like you've never been around it before or something", He said as his head tilted to one side. "I'd be careful in it though, it can give you a cold if you stay out in it too long", He recalled his 'parents' scolding from younger years.

Anonymous

Abelia was beaming as she listened actually laughing out of enjoyment of his answer by the time he finished.

“Exactly! You dance in the rain!�

She set long graceful fingers around Zach’s wrist, gripping it just enough to pull him along behind her as she rushed towards the door again. When she reached the door she let go and turned to face him whilst placing her hand delicately on the door handle.

“Come dance with me.�

Although stated as a command it was issued softly enough to be a question her blue eyes vibrant and happy as they merely stared into his for a moment. However, the moment ended almost as soon as it started, and she was outside without ever waiting to here his answer.

She felt the little droplets splash against her skin. Smiling and looking up at the sky she opened her arms and spun in a few circles.

Anonymous

"But I can't da..." Zach commented, tilting his head as she began spinning in the rain. "Oh screw it... you only live one".

He cautiously made his way into the rain, those brown eyes focusing on the sky for a moment before he spun in a few circles himself, a light grin crossing his face.

Despite that grin he hid the enjoyment of his actions rather well, "You're liable to catch a cold out here Abelia if you keep playing in the rain" His voice reverted to that southern drawl for a moment.

He shook his head lightly as he stopped spinning, oh how he loathed that accent of his. A light smile plastered on his face afterwards.

Anonymous

Abelia listened to Zach's comment about getting sick and merely shook her head at him before skipping the few paces over to him.

"It doesn't matter! I'm having fun now... that's all I'm worried about."

She took his hand in hers and began shaking her hips in a dance without music occasionally spinning or twirling herself. She could both hear and feel the rain begin to beat down harder, but she just continued dancing her clothes now soaking wet and sticking to her body.

Anonymous

Zach gulped lightly at the dancing, keeping his cool demenor rather well, and attempted to keep rhythm with the non-existant music. At first he felt rather silly, but he gradually threw caution to the wind and loosened up.

"I guess I see what you mean, it is pretty fun"

Zach commented with a grin as they danced, his clothes sticking to him, the thought of catching a cold wasn't even in his mind. For once it was just... well 'fun'.

Anonymous

She laughed good heartedly as he seemed to worry less and have more fun, dancing with him a few moments longer before taking his hand in her own again and pulling him close enough so that she could scrutinize his eyes.

"I don't think you have nemonia quite yet."

Laughing she just stood there for a minute letting the rain fall on her already  completely drenched body, but she ignored the cold feeling focusing more on the happiness and freedom of it all.

Anonymous

A brow erked as she gripped his hand and pulled him close, and he merely leered right back into her eyes.

"Well I guess it was just a old wive's tale or something"

He laughed along with her, the cold was a good new sensation for him, considering he tried to avoid staying out in bad weather most of the time.

Anonymous

Abelia didn't know why but she got a good sort of 'vibe' from Zach, and her instincts told her to run with it... so she decided to test the boy just a bit more.

"Hey... I have a secret for you."

She moved her face in close to his before speaking again.

"I am a complete hug fiend. In my personal opinion hugs are like god. Can't resist 'em."

Her smile was happy and she could feel body heat radiating from Zach's body she was standing so close. It was his move, and like in a chest game she had to try and annalyze his different moves.

1. He could comment on it, striking up conversation. This would leave them on friendly, happy, and not akward terms. It would also be seen as slightly noble and very respectful.

2. He could choose to flirt. (the usual reply) Which although un-original can occasionally be creative and amusing. This would also show some of what his interests might be. She could find that useful in many ways depending.

3. He could just wrap his arms around her in a hug which could be either gentlemanly and cute leaving some intentions behind while showing many possibilities for her...or it could be very sexual and have much the same reaction as 2.

or

4. He could ignore the topic she had just started by either not saying anything or changing the subject which would show her that he was either being shy, uncomfortable, or careful. Which of these could usually be seen by the type of body language and subject he says.

Or at least that's what she figured. For him... she was leaning towards the first so far, but the fourth wouldn't have surprised her, and the third would have to be the most entertaining.

Anonymous

He canted his head to the side on the comment of a secret, his eyes widening for a moment as she suddenly moved her face so closely to his.

"Well that's a pretty interesting addiction," He thought momentarily on it, and well the dancing in the rain was fun enough, what could a hug hurt. He attempted to wrap those arms around her in a playful bear hug.

Aparently throwing his normal caution to the wind to dance in the rain had gotten Zach to well... finally act a bit less tense than normal. "I know addictions are a bad thing to have, but y'know I'd rather you say you have an addiction to hugs than other things" He gave a light laugh.

Anonymous

He hugged her... that was pleasant and although she wasn't at all sure seemed slightly out of character for how he had reacted to her so far... then again maybe she was warming up to him. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders giving him a hug in return and nearly melting in the warmth.

"Oh. I'm addicted to plenty of things... I just figured that was the most apropriate to speak of at the moment."

He laughter was only slightly flurtacious as she subconciously shivered slightly from the cold, but was reluctant to go inside finding thier current conversation much more amusing than whatever could have been going on inside the bar.

Anonymous

"Well addictions are bad y'know all sorts of bad people are waiting out there to prey on such sorts of things, but... well I suppose I am a bit too much of a worry so you shouldn't let me bother you"

Zach noted the shiver, taking his coat off and offering it to her, though it was wet from being in the rain it was pretty warm from being on him. "If you're cold we could go back in you know?".