Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pretty faces lie well... (ferver darkblade/ Open)

Started by Anonymous, February 05, 2008, 03:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She almost smiled at the look on Zach's face but had enough self control not to. Instead just listening to his talk of his brother.

"Well I'm nothing but a stupid little drunk blonde who plays poker to afford her horrendous habbits. So I bet we'll get along just fine."

She laughed at herself while looping her arm with his and pulling him out of the bar.

"Oh and I don't care if you call him or surprise him... either way is just fine with me... It's not like I really care about your brother all that much. I'm just happy I won the bet."

She gave him a quick peck on the cheek just after she said this hoping to brighten up his mood a bit.

Anonymous

A light blush crossed his face at that kiss, it was only natural for such things to happen when someone that looked like her locked arms and did those things.

"Well I think it'd be more fun to suprise him, he can't hide his accent quiet as well when he gets caught off guard".

He laughed lightly, oh he loathed his own accent but his 'brother' had a much more obvious one that was pretty much impossible to shroud.

He led the way towards his brother's home and didn't seem quiet so bitter about the loss, after all he did assume he was going to lose to begin with.

Anonymous

She was satisfied with the results that her slight affection towards him had granted. Zach seemed less pouty and grumpy about introducing him to his brother and instead seemed to be jovially joking back with her.

“Yay! I love surprises.�

After she had said that though she realized something and decided to go on.

“Actually I don’t like surprises. Not at all. I mean when your general business is gambling and being a card shark, surprises aren’t exactly what I want around. I’d rather have everything around me calculated. Instead I enjoy being the surprise. I like seeing how much of a strange reaction I can get on someone’s face. Or how shocked they’d be to find out something contrary to what they had previously believed me to be.�

Zach may not have understood this but it was a bit of a deal for her to actually give even that small amount of personal information about herself out, but Zach really was starting to grow on her, and she figured that he disserved at least a little bit more than what most people get. Which is usually a very previously calculated surface layer that is as much a part of her as the uncomfortable dresses a tom-boy has to wear when she’s forced to act like a ‘lady’ at a ‘family dinner’.

Anonymous

He tilted his head a bit at her comment, "I think that's the most I've heard you say about yourself so far, I mean not that it's bad or anything that's just really good to have a bit of the mystery unveiled"

He stopped in front of the door to his 'brother's' house not really bothering to knock, he knew the hick never locked his home. He merely bolded walked right in, "It's really best we sneak up on him considering he'll probably just think we are intruders if he manages to creep up on us, and well he isn't very gentle" He whispered over to her.

Anonymous

She crept into the house beside Zach. Listening to him and the rest of the house intently.

“Not gentle? Doesn’t sound like he’s related to you.�

She flashed a smile along with her cutesy and corny little remark merely enjoying herself as they snuck into this poor man’s house. Then her mind began to wander to what this guy will probably think of her sneaking into his house with his brother. Still soaking wet and being, as usual, quite the flirtatious little girl. She almost laughed out loud at the mere thought.

Anonymous

"Yeah, well by blood he is my cousin, but his parents raised me.. so he is a bit different than I am"

He commented back, freezing instantly as he heard the slide action of a shotgun from a corner of the room they were currently in.

"Don't shoot, it's Zach!"

He belted out quickly raising his hands as the shotgun weilding man came forward. Their appearances aside from the hair varied greatly, where zach had a pretty average build, Matthias had a far more muscular one. Matthias had brown eyes, and his 'brother' had some rather striking blue ones. The height of the two was almost equal however, it was a rather touchy subject for Matthias.

"If ya don't learn ta knock Imma end up blowin a hole in ya onena these days"

Matthias sighed lightly as he unloaded the weapon and set it back in the corner.

"Don't tell me you got a girlfriend finally"

Matthias sighed as he peered at Abelia.

Anonymous

She heard the noise just as well as Zach putting her hands toward the sky slowly as Zach shouted at his brother-ish cousin man, since she had no better name for him at the time. She numbly thought of how that particular sound always echoed in someone’s brain just as much as a shot would have… how odd?

She merely watched on as the two spoke to each other only taking her eyes off the gun after he unloaded it and set it down on the table, at which time Abelia’s eyes decided to take in what she had not yet seen before.

‘Don’t tell me you got a girlfriend finally.’

Abelia laughed and put her hand out to shake Mathias’ before speaking herself.

“Sorry I wasn’t introduced earlier. I’m Abelia, Zach just picked me up in a bar earlier and I won a bet so get to meet you. Don’t worry though I don’t tamper too much with sibling rivalry so he got quick kiss on the cheek and I think that smoothed things over quite nicely. Plus, if he wants a real kiss he’ll have to earn it.�

She turned to wink at Zach knowing fully well that she probably ran her mouth off much too much for Zach’s liking but amusing herself none the less. Girlfriend? That was funny.

Anonymous

Matthias narrowed his eyes at the strangers hand, that nose twitching lightly to a second. He swiftly moved his face a bit closer.

"Whiskey, ... well at least yah ain't as much of a pansy as he is"

He smirked and gave her hand a light shake, shaking his head at Zach.

"So yah barely knew her in other words and drug her here, well at least yah didn't faint or anything from a kiss. Good to know yah aren't gay".

He faced Abelia offering a light nod, as he released her hand.

"Name's Matthias, M' not much of one for big name's, so just call me Matt... yah might have a good taste in drinks, but don't be stealin my whiskey, so what in tha hell where you two doing in a bar anyway... well she was getting free drinks I'm sure but Zach isn't... oh wait he was doodling again I'm sure"

Anonymous

She smiled at the brother while he spoke genuinely amused.

“He’s actually quite good at his doodlings from what I’ve seen. And don’t worry… your whiskey’s safe with me.�

She smiled at him looking around the room silently before looking Matthias over again.

“No. I think I’ll call you Matthias… It’s more fitting.�

Here she merely shrugged sodden shoulders the lifting of the heavy material causing her to look down and see the puddle of water her and Zach had created on the floor.

Anonymous

"Well I suppose anything can be useful, even if he is ah bit lazy"

The room was rather well decorated, and didn't seem to fit someone with such an accent. There were a few plaques on the wall, as well as a few couches, a coffee table lying in the middle of them on a large rug.

"Suit yerself, it's ah pretty unfitting name in my book"

He slowly took a seat in one of the leather wrapped couches favoring his right knee a bit in the process. If she looked towards his former position in the corner a neatly pressed uniform hung. Along with a framed certificate, it was rather difficult to make out the majority of it, the words Wounded in combat and Mordecai were in bold however and stood out like a sore thumb.

"Sorry fer the rude welcome... it's funner n' hell to scare the boy though"

Zach seemed a bit flattered by her comment on his drawing, and merely shot a scowl towards Matthias followed by a few harsh words.

"And I suppose if your skill set is so wonderful, I should just ruin my life like you did"

Zach got very quiet afterwards, Matthias' light blue eyes had a bit of fire behind them, though he didn't look at the two. He let a bit of a bitter smirk pass his lips.

"That's cute, Y'know Connlaoth wasn't as perfect as you civilian's got to see it, the whole goal of the place was genocide I know..., but if I do recall I managed to keep your little abilities hidden from them and kept you from being a little puppet like I was, besides it's rude to piss me off in front of guests!"

He was rather calm for the most part of his rant, his eyes quickly darting to Zach as he yelled the comment on rudeness at him. He swiftly flung a pillow at his face striking it perfectly on the bridge of the nose. His accent had faded during the conversation, the drawl completely undetectable.

"It's pretty rude ah' me tah make ya'll stand around like lawn gnomes hava seat"

Anonymous

Abelia listened to Zach and Matthias’ little back and forth sucking in the information like a sponge. She had a keen eye for detail and always liked to know what was going on around her… for ‘just incase’. So far she had somehow figured out that although not real brothers Matthias and Zach seemed to treat each other just that way. Matthias probably playing the cool, smart, and rough older brother while Zach was more sensitive and good hearted. Although he wouldn’t admit it Zach looks up to Matthias, and Matthias probably admired something about Zach as well. Neither of them truly approves of the other though even though they understand why they act the way they do. This sort of understand of a person usually comes with a close relationship as well as exceedingly close contact with a person for a very long time. Case and point they were a typical brotherly story.

As well as that she began to try and clue out Matthias. So far she came up with he was in the military, probably in Connlaoth from that last statement. Was injured, probably in his left leg, while in the service. He was obviously upset about this. Either resenting the government or his injury there… she couldn’t tell. Abelia also made a small mental note to keep an eye on the Zach’s ‘little abilities’ thing. She wouldn’t want to underestimate him as nice and good-natured as he seemed.

“Thank you.�

She smiled and sat down on the closest seat preferring to stay close to the door because she didn’t know where or if there were any other exits from the house.

“So… What do you say we all loosen up to a game of cards?�

Her smile broadened as she even thought of the game. A glance at Zach though and she quickly added.

“Don’t worry. We won’t bet.�

Anonymous

Matthias noted Abelia's eyes wandering about the room and peered sharply at her, a light smirk gracing his lips. His head tilted lightly to one side as if pondering something.

"Ya don't really need ta worry, medical discharge, i'm not one of them anymore"

A light huff graced his lips as he momentarily sulked, perking up at the mention of a freindly card game, he did rarely get visitors after all, and his rather gruff greetings tended to be the cause of this fact.

"Sounds like ah excellant idea to me, so what is it Poker, Hold um', Blackjack...."

He moved to a nearby cabinet and removed a jug of whiskey pulling out three glasses in the process and setting them on the small coffee table.

Zach followed Matthia's gaze towards Abelia a light roll of his eyes issued as he used the term 'them' as if his former allies were monsters.

"I've never even heard of any of those games,".

He commented as his 'brother' retrieved the drink and those glasses. His own eyes wandering a bit around the room, his own mind pondering slightly about the stranger his one closest relative had become after those events leading him to seclusion in this town.

Anonymous

She nodded at the mention of his discharge noticing the choice of words just as well as Zach and couldn't help but smile as his brother pulled whiskey out of the cabinet. With the thought on her mind /Yum... Wow, I really am an alcoholic./ She shrugged to herself and listened to the brothers talk of what they should play, turning towards Zachary uprubtly when he said he didn't know how to play.

"You don't know how to play poker, texas hold'em, or black jack? Five card stud? Rummy?"

The expression on her face changed to a sort of reminiscing and slightly mischievious smile as she glanced at Mathias momentarily before once again gazing at his brother in near astonishment.

"As you are with the general city population of today we are at the top of the food chain and are naturally a large risk taking animal. How better to get rid of this natural urge to stand on the edge of life and take a chance then with a good card game. It's socialization, skill, luck, risk, amusement, good conversation, smiles, and usually hard liquor. On top of that the only thing to loose is a little bit of money. If you gamble on much more you usually loose something more important."

Anonymous

Matthias smirked lightly at her suprise towards Zach's lack of card knowledge as he poured the whiskey into each glass. He didn't really bother with ice cubes after all he preferred the drink to be warm.

"I've told him I dunno how many times... he just ain't right in the head"

He gave a gruff laugh at her rather rock solid ideals, his head shaking lightly to himself. He took a deep swig of the drink, before locking eyes with Abelia.

"Kid you remind me of myself of course far less bitter and a bit less egotistical"

Zach scowled at the two of them obviously upset that they took gambling so seriously and stood up for a moment.

"So what if I'm not a card player, and luck isn't going to save your skins everytime"

He took a sip of the drink poured for him, a light cringe made and promptly countered with a harsh glare from Matthias.

"Sit down, shut up, smile, and drink yer damn whiskey"

Matthias growled lightly, though he was as serious as a heartattack with that 'order' it was a rather hillarious statement.

Anonymous

Matthias was beginning to become interesting. 'Her type of people' so to speak.

"Honestly, less egotistical I doubt."
She smirked at Matthias, frowning only when Zach seemed upset with her. Putting on an obnoxiously cute puppy pout for Zach.

"I'm sorry. Don't be mad at me."

She knew this must have seemed comical, it was exactly why she had done it, especially to Zach who saw her general nature both in and out of the bar. She wasn't exactly naturally pouty. Abelia saw both boys lift thier glasses to drink and had a small smile at Zach's face, shaking her head before taking a large sip of her own.

"Don't worry. I'll teach you how to play."

Anonymous

"Oh don'chu go judging books by their cover, I've got quiet the ego.. and the skill to back it up"

A brow erked at the pout it was a confused sort of look, but quickly shrugged off.

"Well at least someone here has manners"

Zach let out a light huff after his statement, leering at Matthias.

"Unlike some uncivilized hillbilly drunks I know"

A light cough followed his statement as Matthias gave him one of his all too infamous 'I kill you' glares.

Anonymous

Abelia gave a small laugh towards the both of them finding the brotherly situation too cute, and after thinking it decided to say it possibly drawing thoughts away from I'll kill you or you arrogent jerk.

"You guys are too cute together. It's like watching siblings play in a playground. Constantly fighting over who can play the good guy and whose rules are better for the game."

She took another hefty sip from the glass before realizing there wasn't even any cards out yet.

"So... We might need a deck of cards to play."

Anonymous

"Oh I'm far from trying to be the good guy here"

Ferver stated with a grin, standing and retrieving a rather dusty set of cards from a desk drawer. Sitting back down with a light wince, he removed the deck of cards from their container, and began to shuffle them.

"Well so what are we playing exactly anyway"

That brow erked lightly as he continued to shuffle.

Anonymous

She shook her head slightly seeing the state the cards were in picturing the cabinet in her house that had all types of playing cards laying in every draw, all well used and well taken care of. Only one deck looked any more then barely broken in, and that was because it was her first deck of playing cards, and her favorite deck because of it.

"Whatever Zach wants to learn how to play. I said I'd teach him, so it's your choice."

She looked at Zach with a smile listening to the rustle of cards as Matthias began to shuffle.

Anonymous

"I guess Poker sounds interesting"

Zach groaned lightly, he didn't like choices they were always so well hard to make.

"Fine then poker it is,"

Matthias passed the cards to Abelia, having noted her reaction to the cards.

"They are five years old and the only deck I own... sue me... anyway I shuffled you deal"