Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Shadows May Lie

Started by Lion, March 02, 2008, 11:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

It was like every creature could sense that he was.... different.  Jinryu had tucked the sheathe of his katana under his jacket, with the handle hanging upside down and ready to grasp at a moment's notice.  But he didn't feel as if he needed it at this moment.  A kill always seemed more efficient with the hands anyways.  But they were as useless as his sword there was nothing to kill.

He was hungry and instead of deciding to enter a city to scout out fresh vampires for a kill, he decided to wander his home forest in search of animal prey.  It was useless.  Jinryu was tired of these endless days of searching for nothing.  Nothing to eat, nothing to do, nothing but the underground home he had built himself.  He knew he would die if he didn't get anything to eat soon, but it seemed as if all the prey were becoming scarcer and scarcer these nights.  Something was definitely amiss.

Jinryu whirled around at the sound of a cracking branch from behind him, his hand clasped on the hilt of katana.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

Inumisha walked up behind as her hand rest upon the hilt of her first katana. "Relax," Her gentle voice said. Inumisha came out of the shadows. Her hair illuminated bu the light of the moon. "Im just passing through."
Her hand still rested upon her hilt just in case.

Lion

Jinryu lowered his stance, keeping his eyes on her the entire time, then lowering them menacingly.  "This is hostile territory, lady.  Who are you to pass through?"  A nagging voice in his head told him that he perhaps had nothing to fear from this woman.  Just because she had blades didn't mean she was going to use them.  However, he was not above considering that she knew what she was doing and what she was doing here.

Dropping his right knee on the soft soil, he slowly loosened his grip on his katana handle before settling his fingers in the dirt.  "Who are you?" he repeated with his eyes hooked on her, watching her every movement.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

"I am Princess Inumisha, of the Shinamaru clan."  She bowed in politness. "I am well ware of the hostility here. That is why I am present." Inumisha smiled. "And who might you be? Why are you here as well?"
A cool breeze was followed by her words. She then took her hand away from the hilt, since he was no posing threat.

Lion

"Inumisha...  Why is that name so familiar?"  He blinked at he, vaguely astonished.  "Shinamaru clan?  They are historic are they not?"  Jinryu noticed the way the moonlight played on her hair.  But his mind was focused on something far more necessary.  If she knew this area was hostile, how could that be a plausible reason to be in a place like this?  Though he could handle himself quite well and without much cause for issue in these woods,  not even he would like to in a place like this and he lived here!

Of course this place wasn't as nearly as dangerous as the Draconi.  There was was a certain tranquility to be found in these woods that was not prevalent in the Draconi Forest.  A tranquility that Jinry felt attached to somehow.  "My name is Jinryu.  I live here."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

"Nice to meet you Jinryu. And yes, its a historic name. My clan brought all of Japan to peace." She smiled a forlorn smile.There was a scilence that lasted a while before Inumisha said."Unfortunatly...I am the last one of my clan...."
The wind picked up alittle and the moon began to show brighter. "What about you? I see you are samurai as well."

Lion

Jinryu looked down to the katana hilt from beneath his jacket, causing him to grin negligently.  After pulling out the sheathed katana he stood to full length, six feet and all.  "Oh, if you mean this, then you are gravely mistaken.  I am no samurai.  I have never been."  Suddenly thoughts of his father's death seeped into his mind, and in order to keep from seething inwardly at himself, he forced the thought from his mind.

Suddenly, his sense perked up and he remembered that he had better get going if he wanted to beat the sunlight clock.  His face was now overshadowed by a grim cloud as he stared, somewhat annoyed, at her.  "I am of no importance really.  You should leave."  He turned away from her and began to walk in the direction of the hillside, iron hatch that led to his abode.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Inumisha began to follow him."if you are of no importace, i would've drawn my sword." She said. "Therefor, you wouldve been dead."
Inumisha then smiled. "So, if you are no samurai, why do you carry a sword." Clouds began to roll in, darkening the moon. Thunder clapped as it began to rain.

Lion

The clap of thunder sent a shock down Jinryu's spine, however the pattering of rain down on him, brought comfort.  He smirked at her as he whirled around and remarked, "I don't believe you know me well enough to be the judge of that."  It was an ambiguous statement and the meaning was purposely left unclear.  She did not know of his destiny, he was sure of it.  It was one hell of a burden on one's shoulders to have to live solely on animal and vampire blood.  Especially when there were no other vampires around.  The animals were scarce enough as it was.

He shrugged and continued, "I trained as a samurai, okay.  My father was a great warrior and he died for his master.  But me, I have no master so therefore I am no samurai.  I have never been by profession."  He smiled at her and continued his progression onward.  The rain was now becoming heavier and more prevalent.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Inumisha laughed in agreement. "Oh so very true." Inumisha smiled, then an unexpected clap of thinder startled Inumisha causeing her to grab a hold of his arm.
And as if that werent bad enough, Inumisha's thirst for blood. This was the next century, i was about that time again. So, her stomach did what any empty stomach would do...it growled.

Lion

Jinryu gazed at Inumisha awkwardly as she jumped at the rolling of thunder and clasp for his sinewy arm.  He cocked an eyebrow at her, wondered for a moment, and, then thinking nothing of it, persisted down the path.  All the while his ears caught ahold of a peculiar sound rumbling in a stomach not his own.  

Suddenly his mind became aware of the fact that perhaps this woman's pallor was far beyond natural means and that perhaps she shared more things in common with him than he cared to note.  Curiously he turned to her, gray eyes storming, "Are you alright?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Inumisha looked at him. Nervouse at what he'd say, she said. "I havent fed in a long time." She smiled revealing her fangs. They were sharper and pointier than most half-demons.

Lion

"Welcome to the club," he said, ignoring the feeling of the elongation of his fangs pressing against the soft tissue of his lips.  He also ignored the feeling of heat building in his fingertips.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

By this point, Inumisha had completely forgotten about having his arm. "Kool." Inumisha said it in a sly, ominouse tone.
Then reolizing she had his arm, she let go of him. She took off her top reveiling a sowhat  tightly wraped white undergarb.
Sighing, Inumisha tied her kimono top around her waist. "Where can we find food?" Inumisha coudld smell his blood.
She was used to drinking the blood of vampyres. So it was natural for her to want to taste his blood. However, she didnt want to do what she did to the others, after all, he hadn't hurt anyone.

Lion

Half-breeds were often a controversial topic for vampiric leaders however considered more worthy than those vampires who were formerly human.  And Jinryu was the latter.  The burning sensation Jinryu felt at the ends of his fingertips was almost unbearable as he looked at her with wild hunger.  Luckily it was not like him to stare and he was able to focus on the path ahead.  "I have lasting stores in my home that I use in times like these.  Fresh blood when I need it.  You're welcome too it if you like."

Despite his best efforts, he could not help but think of what it would be like to sink his teeth into her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Inumisha smiled. By now, Inumisha had completly forgotten gotten about having Jinryu's arm. She then said, "Ok..."
Letting go of his arm, Inumisha took off her kimono top, revealing a somewhat loosly wraped sash that covered her from her belly to her armpits, which wasnt much coverage.
The rain began to die down and the moonlight reilluminated everything. Since there was no longer a kimono top, Inumishas skin looked pale, milky white.Sort of off white. Also, it looked smooth to the touch.
"What do you do for fun around here?"
Inumisha looked at Jinryu with her soft golden eyes. Still craving his blood.

Lion

Jinryu inspected her with his eyes, not blushing yet somewhat ashamed that he was not as modest as he should be.  Cocking an eyebrow he couldn't help but think, Who and the hell does this girl think she is?  Regardless of her being a vampire, does she think she can just tag along with me.  "What do you mean what do I do for fun?  Do you insist on following me?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Still smiling, she said. "I want to know what you do for fun. And yes, since i have nothing better to do anyways." She then looked to her side. She looked back at him unsure. "But, if you dont want me to, I can go? I dont have to stay if you dont want me to."

Lion

As he saw the look of dismay overshadow her features, Jinryu began to feel that ever wrenching guilt and the inflation of his conscience.  "Now, now, there's no need to be so harsh on her.  She means well.  Besides there is nothing to do and you're just as bored as she is so don't take your irritation out on her."  Sighing inwardly, Jinryu let down his guard and articulated softly, "I'm sorry.  I've had a really bad night so far and am not in the best of moods.  You may accompany me."

"There's not much to do for fun around here," he went on.  "But to sleep and eat."  He looked at her awkwardly, the heat in his fingertips intensifying.  "And... other nocturnal activities...."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Anonymous

Covering her mouth and laughing gently, she said. "Thank you." She threw her kimono top over her sholder, she took Jins arm once more. She smiled, flashing her fangs at him. Then, the sun began to rise.