Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A misadventure most foolish indeed

Started by Anonymous, March 10, 2008, 01:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Fool strode down the main road with a heroic look apon his face, his usual grin was replaced with a warriors scowl. Behind him several crooning dwarves followed him throwing flowers. Fools aim, the speaking pedastal where some noble was flatly intoning about taxes. With a well placed leap and landing Fool stood directly next to the noble. Winking he drew Ratsy and thumped the noble straight into his jewels and then once in the back of the head for good measure. Ignoring the groaning man he spread his arms wide and flung his challenge to the assembled crowd

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF ALL RACES, BACK GROUNDS and SENSES OF HUMOUR. I come before you today to throw down a gaunlet of adventure, danger, swashbuckingly good fun and a few dyrads. I come to request you towns services in recovering an artifact so important. The world will have its course forever changed, for the better if i were to get my greasy mits on it. So i come to ask anyone who is interested in facing their man or womanhood in the bes possible way without having to meet your maker. Meet me under the old shouting window near the main sewer entrance in about.... 1 hour. May the winds of heroism and fate blow strongly for all!

Quickly leaping off the podium and dispelling the crooning dwarf illusions Fool with all seriousness headed for the rv point. He had to get his hands on that treasure. While he was capable of doing it himself the company was always nice

Anonymous

Tithe's ear perked up, figuratively speaking. She had her Kitsune mask in her hand and her human disguise on. She observed the man as he spoke. Quite an interesting creature indeed. She crossed her arms in front on her ignoring the man she had been talking to as he finished his speech. She gave a giggle at the royal rolling on the ground. Then turned back to the man standing in front of her, he looked far less amused than she was. She rolled her eyes and turned from him putting her Kitsune mask on.

Treasure eh? How interesting. I wonder if there will be a split? But the sewers? She mentally shrunk back away from the idea of that constant water. She could deal with it she supposed for an encounter with such an interesting person, and perhaps treasure as well. She turned back to the man raising her mask to sit on her head.

"I'll have to be heading out now sir." She felt out her hand. He took it kissing the back of her hand.

"Of course Miss."

Anonymous

Nothing gained Narawyn's attention quite like the sight and sound of a man's gonads being assaulted. Tilting her head slightly, she gazed up at the colourful man on stage, quite intrigued by his behaviour.

Hmm, a quest? She had been quite bored lately. The humans were not living up to her usual expectation; there was no unplowed ground amidst the nobles - they were the most promiscuous yet prim group of people she had ever seen, and not in any good way - the middle-class were bland, and the peasants disgusting. Perhaps an adventure would serve to lighten things up before she went on to the next new thing.

The thought of adventuring through the sewers made her queasy, but she assured herself that the sewers probably only featured as a meeting-place. After that, who knew? Dungeons, towers, dragon's treasure... it could be the unpredictable spice she had been looking for.

If she didn't like it, there was nothing to stop her from running away.

Smiling, Narawyn flicked her glossy black hair behind her shoulders, turned, and began to set off in the direction of the sewers. It wasn't difficult. The smell was guide enough. It wouldn't do to seem too eager, of course, but there was nothing to lose from turning up a little early, surely.

Anonymous

Sewers didn't really faze Zandra. She had no issues getting down and dirty. The large centaur crossed her arms over her chest, grinning. She hadn't figured she would run into that fool again. And he was almost amusing when he wasn't on her back.

With a toss of her head to clear her face, she started off toward the sewer entrance. She might as well scope the place out. And she was already as ready as she was going to be.

She noticed a few other's heading that way, cute girls by the look of them. The centaur grinned. There might be more in this for her then just treasure if she got lucky.

Anonymous

Humming to himself as he idley turned the corner half expecting the sewer entrace to be empty and him to have a long smelly walk by himself but Fool grinned a centuar was there and if he wasn't mistaken it was one who he'd had a run in with before. Cocking his head he remembered their last encounter, good times. Bells a tinkling as he made he way up to the entrance, ah yes, 3 by his count 3 maidens....hmm this might prove profitible in other ways. Patting the centaur on her head as he passed he passed a quick serious wink to her before lithly scaling a small building to gain some height so he would be observed by those gathered

My, My we have some fortune hunters to assist the poor Fool aye? We never fear, you have absolutly no fear of getting dirty or smelly what so ever. Provided you dont fall, step, trip, brush against, sidle up to or poke, anything in yonder sewer. Now i bet the question on the edge of your tongues is what could a Fool want so badly in there....

Inclining his head seriously in the direction of the sewer he grinned. Would they follow if they knew the Foolish Secret in the sewers, well he'd find out soon enough

Anonymous

The centuar snorted, tossing her head at the pat. She really hated how touchy the Fool was. She liked her personal space unless she invited someone into it.

"You said something about treasure. What is it that we are going into the sewers for?"

Anonymous

Tithe stood near a building so she could observe everything. She watched the strange clown of a man wander past the centaur, it seemed they might be friendly or were at some point. She tucked some of her hair behind her ear as she watched from behind the fox mask covering her features. As the crowd weeded out she pushed the mask back to the top of her head. It seemed that this was somewhat safe company. Her orange eyes looked from person to person as if she was taking them in and listening whole heartedly.

What she was really doing was calculations.

Whether she would be privilege to receive anything shiny, and more importantly how much? Also surely if it would be enough to counteract her dislike of water, and whatever else might be  dwelling in a sewer. She bristled at the thought for a moment, but she assumed as trip would be the best for her. It had been some time since she had been anywhere interesting, and this was sure to take care of that, even if it was dreadful.

Anonymous

Fool shifted his steel grey gaze between the gathered assembley and like any natural performer kept silent until the tension was just right. Lithely leaping down from his post he opened his palm flat and waved his hand over it. Using his illusion magic he formed a small chest in the center of his hands

Deep within the sewers under the city there lies a chest. A chest that belongs to the theives guild off the city. Now the item I require is not the chest itself but an item within the chest.

Taking a long thin painted finger nail he tapped the illusion where the lock in the chest was and opened the chest. Raising his finger he brought his treasure out from the gold

That mask, while made from a low grade wood has a certain value of a young maiden jester whom i have my eye apon and i'm sure she'd return the favour admirably if i were to present the said mask to her. Of course theres the heavy digging through gold.... and the adventure of ducking gaurds and booby traps and the odd orc. Not to mention a dragon of some kind apparently. I'm sure we can handle a dragon, it's only a giant fire breathing flying lizard.

Clapping he sent his illusion of an overflowering treasure chest of gold into a puff off smoke and with a tap off his nose he took another look around before uttering the famous two words he'd always wanted to utter

Whose in?

Anonymous

Narawyn gazed at the Fool with great curiosity. She leant against the wall to think, toying with a strand of hair, her bright fire-coloured eyes momentarily vacant as she stared off into the near distance. The mere mention of treasure - and the sight of the illusion he had created, even if she knew that it was, indeed, an illusion - tempted her.

There would treasure, and a maiden's token, and a dragon... and a river of human excrement that would suck Narawyn in, drown her, and permanently ruin her hair.

Hmm.

An undignified and smelly death in a place she'd never dreamt of travelling to, let alone dying in...

On the other hand, treasure!

And she would not be alone, of course. This Fool had summoned up a couple of other women to assist him already, and they were rather striking women, even if one of them did have hooves and a great shaggy behind. If Narawyn made a mistep and fell to her death, she could drag one of them along with her. It would be a kindness to all the other women in the city.

That thought alone made her mind up for her. Rising on her toes, she put her hand in the air and said, with a bright excited smile, "I will accompany you wherever you wish to go, milord Fool."

Anonymous

"Alright, you strange, strange little man." Zandra bared her teeth in a wide grin, "You can count me in. Though I'm not sure how equipped I am to handle a dragon."

Though she was itching to give it ago. And being unable to fly should give the dragon some disadvantages. She hoped.

She gave a small bow, which she managed to make oddly graceful despite her size, "I shall follow your lead into the dark depths of the sewers."

Anonymous

Dark? My dear horsey thingy who said anything about it being dark?

Laughing Fool shook his head and promptly stuck his head into the sewers carvenous entrance (OOC Yes it's a above ground walking in entrance to the sewer shup) Taking a deep breath he pointed down the way a little bit and grinned

The thieves of this city while noctural do not possess good night vision so they need torches to see

Striding into the dank, humid, dank smelling atmosphere Fool grinned as he felt his boot squelch in something. Who would through up first

Anonymous

The smell bothered Zandra more then the knowledge of what the smell was from. The centaur ducked her head, following after the Fool. It was a little short for her tastes, but it wasn't too bad. She just had to duck a bit.

Zandra tossed her head, stepping away from the opening so the other two girls could enter. "You can't do anything about the smell, can you little jester?"

Anonymous

Tithe ran her hands over her face at the overwhelming smell as she stepped in behind the centaur. She kept her mind on the treasure he had shown.

"So, is the rest to be split among us?" She put her hand on one of the walls and sighed as her hand slid. Disgusting. She wished she could reveal herself and get out of this...outfit. She sighed at the kimono. Surely the wrong out fit to bring to a place like the sewers. Maybe she should take care of the smell. What harm would it be to reveal herself?

Anonymous

Fool chuckled lightly and then farted loudly. Sniggering as he proclaimed

I have done something about the smell, ive added my own seed to it, ooh a penny

Quickly sidestepping to have a look Fool avoided the nasty cleaving blow from an orc who'd heard the offending passing off wind. Completly oblivious Fool ducked to have a closer look, once again avoiding a wild slash.

Aww it's only a piece of mud on a rock

Stepping up he came nose to nose with the orc who roared loudly. Fool raised and eye brow and shrugged. Pulling a serious face he brought his belled heel down sharply on the orcs thick foot. Almost deafened by the cry Fool started wailing loudly as well, not to be out done by the roaring orc

Anonymous

The centuar rolled her eyes when the Fool farted. Men. They were almost never useful. When the orc appeared, she pulled out a short pole out, flicking her wrist. The pole extended out into a large, heavy spear.

Zandra just leaned on it, watching the Fool fight to orc. He seemed to be handling it just fine. If he looked like he needed help. she would step in. For now, she was just amused.

Lion

[Sorry, don't mean to intrude in here, but I thought I'd let you guys know about posting etiquette.  Knowing the order of posting really helps lessen the confusion about who should go next.  The order should probably be as follows: The Fool, Codekitsune, Siyengo, then ZombieCzarina.  : )]

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Anonymous

((*chokes* I must have accidentally clicked "stop watching this thread" on my notification email. Next time I'll check myself! I'm so sorry about that! ><))

Trailing along uncertainly behind the centaur, Narawyn picked her way over globs of unidentified matter on the path and tried not to touch the walls, which seeped with a foul greenish fluid. Her nose was wrinkled so hard that she was worried she would develop permanent skin folds between her eyes.

Just as she was wondering whether this had been such a marvellous idea - they never mentioned sewerage in ancient tales of derring-do; she'd just assumed that only the clean adventures got told - they were set upon by something vast and thick and roaring. With a high-pitched yelp, Narawyn leapt backwards, tripped over something indescribable on the floor, and crashed into the wall, doing untold damage to her clothes.

Terrified, she stared at the creature, which she quickly identified as an orc. What, she wondered, was an orc doing in the sewers? Surely it had a nose!

Narawyn ducked behind the centaur, who had armed herself and could, she hoped, be counted upon to save them all - she wasn't so sure about the Fool's capabilities - and crouched down low. There was no way that she was going to get near enough to an orc to risk having her skull crushed. Cowering near the ground, she called up one of her most practiced forms and began to twist into cat-shape.

As soon as her legs were working and her tail had uncurled, she leapt onto what she assumed was the safest point in the tunnel: the head of the non-centaur lady. There she clung, hissing madly and refusing to move.

Anonymous

(So...my turn, yes? I shall assume so?)

When the girl ducked behind her, Zandra didn't pay much attention to it. Other then to feel a bit pleased that she might get to show off a bit. Then there was suddenly a cat on her head, hissing.

"Ow! Shitshitshit!" It was more surprise then an actual hurt, though the claws still stung. She pranced in the hallway, more worried about the cat on her head then some worthless orc, "Get off my head!"

Anonymous

((that order sounds good to me. Lion you sneaker! :P ))

Anonymous

OOC  :roll:

Fool having finished trying to out scream the orc was still listening to the thing yell. Relising that he was still standing on the brutes foot he gingerly let the foot up before ducking another wild sweep from the orcs machete thingy. Well it long and bladed. Leaping foreward and side stepping again he frowned. This orc was getting a bit violent. Moving his head to avoid a punch Fool narrowed his eyes. The green skin wasn't getting tired, shrugging Fool quickly stepped inside the orcs arm range and tapped him on the nose

Oi, calm down

RARWRAGGLE!!!!!

Ducking to avoid a head butt, Fool felt the full impact of the knee that was moving to step in close, still maintaining his balence as he staggered back groaning. Blood was seeping from a nostril smearing with his white paint. His lip split he spat out a wad of blood. With a blink of his eyes, Fool using his potent illusionary magics had darkened the whole chamber and with a enterainers granduer he'd morphed himself and his traveling companions into a multi headed hydra, knowing that he couldn't hold the large scale illusion this big for long he made the dragon roar to send the orc into a panic. As the illusion started to waver he hoped that someone would act soon....