Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A misadventure most foolish indeed

Started by Anonymous, March 10, 2008, 01:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Tithe sighed at the Orc, disgusting creatures. She felt the beginning of Fool's illusion and pushed out some of her own magic to help him hold and refine it. Though Orc's were less than smart some of them may be able to see through Illusions. It felt goo to use her magics it had been a little while since she could get in some practice. She smiled and added a little twist of changing the smell of the sewers to something a little less pungent, much better.

Anonymous

It seemed that Narawyn hadn't properly gauged the reasonable response to having a cat unexpectedly land on one's head. Offended by the attempts to dislodge her and terrified of falling in case the orc ate her, she spat, lashed her tail, and buried her claws in the other woman's hair. Really, the nerve of some people!

As the exciting dance around the tunnel continued, it occured to her that the orc had apparently not noticed her. Or, the orc had noticed her, and the rest of them, but smashing them into pulp didn't seem to be a priority... in fact, it seemed almost afraid of them. Clearly, Narawyn had intimidated it. Screeching ferociously, she leapt off the centaur's head and landed neatly on the ground; she arched her back and flattened her ears, spitting defiantly in the face of certain death. She had hoped that they would fight mighty monsters, or rather, that the others would (and hopefully die in the process, so that she could tell the story to adoring audiences her own way afterward.) Now, it was happening. She was being heroic! She was a true heroine at last! Legends would be written; songs would be sung.

Even better, the smell had dissipated somewhat, removing the unpleasant aspect from this tale of gallantry. Where had it gone? Intrigued, she glanced at the other lady, the exotically-dressed one with the bright orange eyes. Surely it was her doing. After all, the Fool didn't seem to be capable of much, and the centaur had been, well, otherwise occupied. Magic was at work here - Narawyn could smell it - and she supposed that it was being used to somehow remove the stench. Clever. ((OOC: She doesn't realise she's part of an illusion and can't see it, because she's inside it.))

Hoping to preserve her reputation as a frightener-off of orcs, she crouched and hissed some more, swiping at the air with outstretched claws, promising dire consequences for any beast that dared approach this particular unremarkable-looking black cat. Ha! This orc knew its proper place - kneeling before Narawyn, the ravishing Sedora warrior of the Ketra sewers! Now that was a good title. She would have to change the word "sewers," though, to something more grand - perhaps "the ravishing Sedora warrior of the Ketra excremental diversionary system" would be better.

"Pah! Pah! Begone, fiend!"

Anonymous

(OOC: Back from my con now XD Sorry about that wait!)

With the hellish cat finally off her head, Zandra snorted, giving it a dark look. That had been rather unpleasant. But that finally let her take stock of what was going on with the orc.

Zandra had never really been magically inclined. And magic wasn't her first thought for why the orc was freaking out. She just shrugged her shoulders and with a quick thrust slammed her spear into the greenskins neck.

Shaking the twitching body off her weapon, the centaur grinned, "What's next?"

Anonymous

Breathing out a sigh of relief Fool relaxed and with a wave of his hands dismissed the illusion. Taking care to lean on a dry part of the wall he shut his eyes and rubbed his fingers at his temples, magic of that scale was hard work. Opening his eyes he grinned and despite his bloody face he managed a look of humour. Watching the cat hiss and scratch had been funny. Leaning down to set a placating hand to her neck he spoke up

Well that was easier then i thought? No one got brutally mangaled and crushed into a pulp aside from me? Well thats always a good sign, onwards we'll be taking the first left

Standing up he grinned and set off humming a funny ditty to himself life was good, a dank sewer, minor faical bleeding and a myriad of monsters and theives awaiting them. Things were looking up

Anonymous

Tithe let her magic fall off and smiled looking around at the other people crammed into the dank place. At least it did not smell as bad.

"It was quite brave to go up against the Orc. He was anything but pleasant." Was she having fun now? In a sewer? she was suprised by that, oh well no point in questioning. She followed the group closely. She picked the cat up from the ground as she walked by, she knew cats hated water, she felt empathy for that little trait.

Anonymous

((OOC: It did it again. I think it's going to keep doing it. Please just go on without me if I'm more than a day replying.))

Narawyn started slightly as she felt herself being lifted off the ground, but she decided that there was a reason - this was probably a preview of when she would be hoisted on the shoulders of the people as a heroine - and contented herself to crawl up the kitsune lady's arm and sit upon her shoulder, purring contentedly.

She sat up straight and pricked her ears as they moved onward, relieved that the smell was gone and that the water could no longer befoul her fur.

After a moment, she quickly slinked away, as cats do, and slipped into a dark corner. There, she changed back into humanoid form and, within a few seconds, came back out to join the group; she paced along behind them, hoping that nobody had noticed her absence, and wondered what would be the next thing she had to kill.

Anonymous

Zandra turned her attention to the Fool, "Do you know where we are going next?" The orc hadn't really been very hard. That cat had been a bigger annoyance.

She glanced around, "Where did that cat go anyway?"

Anonymous

Aye i do where we'll be going next. We'll be doing a touch of breaking into the theives stores and then running out screaming afterwoulds. Basically the city thieves have a signifigant store in these sewers and being theives theres only one way in and out. Since theres a dragon round these parts it's too risky for them to have a long term guard, so they've locked it all up nice and tight. Fortunatly for us, we have me. I'm more then able with a lock pick so thats that little detail done, oooh my...?!

Fool having made the first left instantly pops back round the corner holding  to his painted lips, taking a more careful look he confirms it. The dragon is asleep. The dragon was a small 6 foot drake coated with a deep red scale. Not dangerous but they'd need to restrain it. Making a pointing motion at the dragon Fool whispered

Any idea's or am i going to have get slightly cooked while you stab it?

Anonymous

Tithe felt the cat jump away and turned to look around to find it for a moment then quickly turned back to The Fool when he heard him mention a dragon. She walked up around to stand besides him putting a hand on his shoulder as she peeked around the corner. Her eyes widened then she sighed quietly and moved back around the corner. She whispered standing next to The Fool.

"Perhaps another illusion?" She thought for a moment and then a spark went off in her mind. "Any idea whether it's male or female?"

Anonymous

Narawyn hung back behind the others and closely watched the sleeping drake. It wasn't as big as some others she'd seen, but nor was it particularly small. And she'd once seen a drake the length of her hand bite off a man's entire face - actually, it had been as long as her, and it had only mangled his left foot rather badly, but that wasn't what audiences wanted to hear - so she knew size didn't matter.

"Any idea whether it's male or female?"

She glanced at the golden-eyed lady, wondering what on Earth she was on about. Seducing the drake didn't seem like a very viable option to Narawyn; they had keen senses of smell, keen enough to know what was a drake and what wasn't, anyway. However, perhaps that wasn't what the lady was up to. And if it was... perhaps she was a very good actress?

"I wonder if it's ticklish..." she murmured, eyeing its pale underbelly.

Anonymous

"I can't take a dragon by myself. Not in a tunnel like this." Zandra frowned, sifting her weight slightly, "I'm not fire proof."

The centuar looked over her companions. They really didn't seem very useful in a fight. All three of them had been threatened by an orc. And they were supposed to take on a dragon?

But the pretty female with the strange eyes seemed to have some sort of plan. Hopefully she was clever enough to get around the current problem.

Anonymous

Fool grinned at the question and decided that his extensive lack of dragon lore was neededl.

Give me a moment.

Humming quietly to himself and his bells tinkling obnoxiously Fool crept loudly down the passage towards the sleeping Drake, slipping his hand behind his back he gripped his sheath knife hoping it would provide some momentary protection if the drake awoke. Ever so gently Fool lifted up the tail slowly and took a peek. Setting the tail back down slowly he dashed back quickly and his bells didn't utter a tinkle.

I do believe it's a female

Anonymous

Tithe's eyes went wide as he crept up to the dragon. She put her hands to her face covering her eyes for a moment. Seeing The Fool returning unharmed was a surprise. She leaned in next to The Fool again.

"Female, hmm." She thought for a few moments. Then whispered into his ear. "It might not work as well if it was a male, but we could create an illusion  of a male dragon heading the opposite direction of us?" She was sure she could help him maintain it. She could probably do it on her own, but better not to toot your own horn just yet.

Anonymous

Narawyn listened curiously to Tithe's plan. It seemed like she was in the company of illusionists. Slowly, it dawned on her that the intimidation of the orc from before hadn't been entirely her doing after all.

Somewhat miffed, she peeked around the corner at the sleeping drake, then back at her companions.

"Illusionary magic is awfully fun, isn't it?" she asked, a little sarcastically. The other Sedora girls when she had been growing up had all seemed to be illusionists, and Narawyn simply hadn't been able to grasp the intricacies of the magic. The memory of standing in front of her mother, holding a flower that she had tried to make appear like it was blown from glass, but which instead had ended up looking like a cockroach on a stick, still rankled.

Shapeshifting, however, was an entirely different thing. It didn't seem like it should be... but it was different, subtly.

"On the other hand, illusions are just air, aren't they? Air's not very appealing at all." She paused. "If someone here could actually turn into a male drake... or a female drake, even, I know they're very territorial and that one would be easy to lead off and lose here... that would be so much more, ah, stylish."

She couldn't think of a better word. But using shapeshifting for drama was always a lot of fun. That was one thing, at least, that she was good at.

Anonymous

Zandra gave a shrug of her shoulders, leaning against her spear, "I don't really care. I'll leave this up to you magic people."

She was a fighter, not a magician. But she was will to go along with their plan. As there was no way the Fates had seen her fighting a drake alone in a tunnel, "Does that mean you can shift shape into something besides a vicious feline?"

Anonymous

Mulling over their choices carefully he was almost glad to here that someone else had a potential trait, body part, magical ability or idea that involved him doing nothing. Truth be told he was still feeling drained from his last effort. Large scale wasn't his style

Well my litten fuzzy kitteny thing, i'm sure that being a shape shifter is right what we need. But i'm echoing my horsey friends concern here. Can you actually transform out of that fluffy cute ball of rage into other stuff, potentially useful stuff.

Breaking into a grin to show that he was trying to make light of the situation but the effort split his lip further open and he felt the blood trickle down. Putting a hand to his hand he let his amusement flood into his eyes.

Anonymous

The Fool looked a little terrifying at the moment and she turned to look at their companion.

"Perhaps the shapeshifting would be a much better idea." She nodded to the woman. Anything to keep her secret safer. "Though they are right, I don't know how well a cat good go up against a drake." she smiled and looked over at The other two. The Fool with blood trickling down she took a scarf from one of her sleeves and handed it to him to clean the blood from his lip.

Anonymous

Delighted, Narawyn basked momentarily in all the attention she was getting. Her team-mates were running to her for advice! This would give her a central spot in all the songs and legends, surely.

"I can turn into things other than a cat," she said with a slight sniff, turning her nose up and trying to look disdainful. "It simply happens that cat form is my best. I can also turn into a dog, or a wolf, or a drake..."

Actually, on that note, she'd never turned into a drake before, or even tried. Reptiles didn't appeal to her. But she was sure she could make arrangements somehow.

"I'll turn myself into a male drake," she told them, looking around for some dark corner to shift in. "A very attractive male drake! Then, when that thing has followed me off to do the wee-woo in the wee-woo... I will escape miraculously, and return to you..." She raised her hands in a grandiose gesture, hoping that her hair was swinging like she wanted it to. "...for the next grand adventure!"

At that, she huddled into the corner, called up what she could remember of drakes, and shifted.

A few moments later, she squawked in pain and horror, and stumbled backwards out of the corridor - something drake-sized and drake-shaped, but tail-less, wingless and scale-less, covered instead with milky-white human skin and occasional tufts of silky black cat fur. Her horns, which she had meant to be sweeping and magnificent, were a line of bony stubs sticking out at odd intervals on her completely round, gape-mouthed head. To add insult to injury, her attempts at representing the, ahem, masculinity of the male drake had gone tragically awry... she may not have had a tail, but that did not mean that nothing protruded from her horse-like hips. More distressingly even than that, her paws were neither delicate human hands nor rugged drake claws - they were gigantic frog feet, each one that size of a dinner-plate, that made squelching sounds at every step.

This wasn't a drake. She wasn't sure what it was. But she had to salvage some respect in the face of certain humiliation! She had to!

Trying to maintain some dignity now that the initial pain had faded, she waddled over to her team-mates and squatted in front of them, her entire head and neck turning cherry-red from embarrassment.

Anonymous

Zandra clapped a hand over her mouth, trying very hard not to laugh. It was just too bizarre. And she really didn't want to alert the female drake to their presence with her loud laughter.

Still shaking with mirth, the centaur chuckled at the creature, "You're better at getting a laugh then the Fool. I don't think the drake is going to be swept off her feet by this shape. I think we need a new plan."

Anonymous

Having finished wiping the blood from his lip Fool watching with moderate interest as the cat tried her hand at her magic. Raising an eye brow as she returned, certainly well endowned for a male. Coughing to disguise his lauther he cleared his throat and looked as apoligetic as he could

Ahem... Well it's dragonesque... except you dont have erm... wings, or scales...

Pulling a slight face of unease Fool reached out carefully and with a long finger prodded one of the bony growths on her round head

You could bend over with your... "tail'" showing and maybe he wont insist you stand up properly?

Glancing signifigantly at the other illusionist to get her attention Fool stepped into the main sewer were the drake was asleep. Making careful notes he would wait to see if another dicision was reached making another illusion. With the other macially inclined females assitance. No point in being chivalarous at all. He wasn't a knight