Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A misadventure most foolish indeed

Started by Anonymous, March 10, 2008, 01:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Tithe watched as the cat emerged though it wasn't very cat-like anymore. It was terrifying, not really a dragon at all, except in one area it was dragon size. Tithe covered her mouth trying not to bust out laughing and the woman turned her head from the creature.

"Maybe...you could make...it work." She broke into snickers in the pauses, but tried not to get too loud.

Anonymous

Narawyn lifted her head - which somewhat resembled an old, mouldy, albino grapefruit with teeth and beady eyes - and tried to look like a proud, magnificent specimen of drakedom. Obviously, it didn't work. She curled her misplaced organ between her legs like a tail, and tried to recommend another plan.

"Parp parp parp, parp parp."

Her voice came out sounding like a seal after a rough night on the town. Frustrated, she poked her tongue out for a moment and tried again, more carefully shaping the words this time. Her inexperience with reptiles had betrayed her at the worst possible moment, perhaps the group would consider developing another strategy. Yes, that is what she would say.

"Parp, parp parp. Parp parp parp paaarrrp."

Narawyn stomped her left forefoot in anger. It adhered to the ground, and she had to peel it off gradually; it made a hideous sucking noise. Realising that staying like some sort of demented cross between a drake and a jug of sour milk was helping nobody, she waddled back to her corner and made the shift back into her ravishing human form.

She was relieved to see that no trace of that horrible thing remained after she had shifted. Sometimes, when shapeshifting went particularly wrong, remnants of the form would manifest on the human figure... she had once come home, for example, with fins, gills and great bulbous eyes in a human face. Luckily, it seemed she'd escaped that trap this time.

Within a minute, she minced back out, drawing the fabric of her cloak around her and scowling slightly. Stopping in front of the group, she repeated what she had planned to say earlier.

"Parp parp parp."

...oh dear.

Not wanting to think about what she was touching, Narawyn used her fingertip to write a note in the scum on the sewer wall.

"NEXT IDEA, PLEASE"

Anonymous

Zandra was shaking with silent laughter now, tears streaming down her cheeks. It was just all to hysterical. One oh her large hooves stomped the ground as she tried to control her laugher.

When she was finally calm enough to reply, she just grinned and shrugged her shoulders, "Well, I think seducing it is out. Think one of you guys could do some magic thingywhatsit and scare her away?"

Anonymous

Clamping his jaw tightly shut and holding his fist over his mouth as the cat dragon thing made effort to communite. Fool unlike the other two was making a consciouseffort to contain his amusement. When she returned to her human form Fool sighed and smiled almost apoligetically. When it Parped again he fell straight into a heavy fit of coughing hopefully it would disguise his laughter. Struggling to remains traight he put his hands together and trying to ignore the image of the dragon thing with the 'tail' that was now firmly stuck in his mind he lithely and quickly made a low detailed drake. Hopefully the dragons eyes having been shut in sleep wouldn't be used ot the near dark of the sewers and have trouble seeing. So the lack of detail would be of assistance. It'd also keep Fool awake.

Anonymous

Tithe gave a smile and put her hand on his shoulder. She could see the image was trying to achieve in her head clearly. She pushed some of her magic through him to assist. Though nothing appeared to the other two, it was quite a good illusion. The noise of the drake they had conjured bounced off the walls though, perhaps Tithe just wanted to impress she couldn't put her finger on why she had it do that. Though she figured it was worth it to impress.

Anonymous

Eli, a black Japanese dragon, heard noise coming from the sewer entrance as he passed by- and his curiousity got the best of him.
  Hovering over the sewer waste and gagging at the smell, he followed the sounds of talking, parping, and laughish coughing to the main chamber, in which was a group of beings and a sleeping red dragon.
  Not wanting any repsonibility to do anything, he stayed silently levitating in a dark corner behind them.
Rather attractive females... but who knows how careless and mean they may be... I'd better just stay hidden

ooc: He missed the transformation incident. At least there's a chance for a good first impression.

Anonymous

Narawyn was not in the best of moods at the moment. Afraid to open her mouth in case she accidentally released a "parp," she hung behind the others and watched them summon their illusion. She had to admit that it looked skilful.

At least some of them could do something. Narawyn, at the only moment, could only sulk and wait for an opening. Perhaps she wouldn't have such a central role in the songs after all.

Anonymous

Watching the two magic users preform their illusion, Zandra had to admit she was impressed. They seemed to have some skill between them. Though somehow the normal looking drake seemed like such a let down after the other girls attempt at the shapechange.

"So, is the plan that you have this drake sashay past the female and hope she follows it farther down the sewers?" It seemed a rather dubious plan to the warrior, but she was aware that planning was not her forte.

Anonymous

((*looks around* Well, it's been a week... I'm happy to embarrass my character some more for great justice, but before I do, is anybody else going to post?))

Anonymous

((I can't really post as I was the last person to post. I wonder where the group went...))

Anonymous

((I was waiting for Fool to show up again! But If he doesn't post soon I might :D ))

Anonymous

((Present. But he is not present. deep, man...  8)  ))

((lol weird moment, sorry  :lol:  ))

Anonymous

((Hmmm seems we lost The Fool, not sure quite how to continue cause it was all his business. Any ideas?))

Anonymous

((I'm not sure. As the Fool was rather the leader and, well, knew where the whozziwhatsit we were looking for was and how to get into it. So not having him around makes it a bit awkward...))

Anonymous

((Dang! >.< Not quite sure what to do then. I hate to drop the plotline but we might have to for now :( ))

Anonymous

((Do we want to maybe try again? Else where? We could have this place to dangerous or something and have the characters go off on a different adventure? Try and keep a similar feel in a slightly different setting?))

Anonymous