Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Falling out of the sky...and into trouble

Started by Anonymous, March 22, 2008, 03:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Sometime earlier, had anyone been wandering the streets during the ungodly hours before sunrise, they might have seen something fall from the sky, crash-landing rather awkwardly in the backstreets and alleys of Reajh.

Thalias was relatively sure no one had seen his rather unorthodox arrival, in part because it was so early, and partly because of the heavy rain.  It was raining incubi! Only not really, since Thalias had been the only one to come falling out of the sky like some idiot who didn't know how to use his own two wings.  And the demon was quite pissed.  And worried.  Last night's undignified escape (from his own territory, no less!) had gone badly.  The demon he'd pissed off was just as fast a flyer as he was, and he'd had to resort to some unusual tricks to get away.

There were reasons you didn't fly that high, apparently.  Someone his size was not built for the winds up there.  Not only had he been blown off course, but he was pretty sure he'd torn something in his left wing.  Fun.  Even better, he'd wound up in a place no one like him wanted to be.  Reajh. The day just could not get any better.  Getting chased out of his territory by a pissed older demon, busting a wing in the horrific winds up there, and being chucked out of the sky in the middle of Connlaoth.  Yeah.

And shifting to a more human looking form had taken twice as long as normal. Ugh.  He was worried about his hair color giving him away, though.  How many normal people had deeply tanned skin and silver hair?  Not many, probably.  Normal people realizing he didn't fit in among them didn't bother Thal.  Facing a bunch of soldiers didn't faze him either. It was the tales of some kind of anti-magic...thing.  He'd heard rumors, living along the border of Connlaoth and Adela, you couldn't help but hear whispered tales from refugee mages.

Being deprived of the ability to hurl fireballs the size of his head (and larger!) around would seriously limit him in a fight.  Not that he was bad at hand to hand combat, but with a busted wing, he'd be at a serious disadvantage.  No retreating for one thing, and the blasted wing throbbed intolerably.  Good way to break his concentration.  Thal wasn't used to pain.  Of course, that anti-magic would also keep him from hiding in this form. Yay.

Oh, what about his seduction abilities?  Wasn't that some kind of magic?  He didn't have to do much more than smile and wink and they were falling over themselves to get into his bed.  Things would be...so boring around here if he couldn't have a little fun while he was stuck here.  Although...he'd either have to be careful with whatever toys he found, or figure out creative ways of disposing of the bodies.

Bah.  Lifting the hood of his black cloak over his head, Thal stepped out into the street, bright green eyes watching the people around him.  First thing was to find an inn or something where he could stay until his wing had healed.  And hope that those rumors about the anti-magic stuff was just rumors.  Cuz if he did run into something like that, he'd be so screwed.  And not in the fun way.

((OOC: Mona, do let me know if he knows too much about the Mordecai.  I presumed it'd be logical to hear tales of "Oh god, I couldn't use my magic!" from refugees.

Anonymous

Sikke hated rain, it made things hard to see and generally created an atmosphere of gloom and misery. It added to his already irritating day. First he had to greet some new recruits who were hopeless and then one of the biggest auras he had ever sensed suddenly appeared and now he was trudging the in the rain to find the source…without much luck

Sikke was a Mordecai and though some of the job was interesting, most of it was dull and his current task was in the dull category. Sikke hoped that if and when he did find what he was looking for they weren’t going to be one of those pathetic mages who couldn’t put up a fight without their magic. That was too easy and too boring.

At the risk of getting wetter, Sikke climbed up some boxes onto one of the rooftops to get a better view. In theory going up higher shouldn’t affect his sensing ability but he could always sense clearer when he had a better view.

And once again it was useful as he was now able to pinpoint exactly where it was. He jumped across the roofs skilfully having done it many times before and looked down into one of the streets his quarry was walking down. Fortunately there weren’t any people down this particular street.

He guessed that any second now the magic user would realise he couldn’t use his magic, then looking around rapidly like a startled deer. They always did and it was amusing to watch.

Anonymous

((OOC: This was kinda supposed to be a private rp, Mia, but I'll just let you in, since I think Thal should be able to handle your guy.))

The first thing he noticed was the absence of the ever-present glow of the pendant he wore. ...The hell would it stop glowing for? He lifted his right hand and picked up the pendant, holding it a bit closer for inspection, then stopped dead in his tracks, and stared stupidly at the claws on his fingers.  The palms of his hands felt cold.  Ah, shit.  Not five minutes and already trouble had found him.  His shoulders were itching.  So was his rear.  And the sides of his head.

And Thalius knew what that meant.  His control was slipping, and in a few minutes, his nice, not-suspicious human form would be gone.  Dropping the pendant, he lifted his hand cautiously and tugged his hood further down.  Fortunately his horns were short enough to go unnoticed under the hood.  His tail could easily be tucked up around his hips.  The wings...dammit.  Even if one wasn't injured, they'd still be noticeable under his cloak.  As they were now, he could barely fold the left.  And having a wing dragging along behind him would be a great way to attract attention.

How the hell had they found him anyways?  Seriously, he hadn't been here but half an hour, it'd been about five minutes since he'd stepped out of the alleyway.  This was bad.  Really bad.  He pressed his hand against the side of his head as his horns grew out of the sides of his head, making his head ache for a second. For moment, Thal tried to force himself back, but it was as if there was a barrier between him and his magic.  And, as he returned his attention to his surroundings, he realized the street had cleared of people.  What the hell had just happened?

As his tail reemerged, the itch on his shoulders intensified, and he ducked into an alleyway again, speeding up a bit.  Spotting a stack of barrels, he stood behind them, and slowly sank to the ground.  Oh, eww.  He'd just sat in a puddle.  Wonderful.  Thal held himself rigidly silent as his wings burst from his back, the left going limp immediately, and throbbing as the movement aggravated whatever he'd torn.  "Shiiit."  He hissed, and hunched over, folding his good wing around him.

A plan, he needed a plan.  Right.  He was going to sit here until his wing quit throbbing, hope to hell he'd be able to use his magic again soon, and then get out of here.  Plan B?  Kill whatever dared to come poking down this alleyway.  Didn't need magic for that.

Anonymous

(OOC. If it's a private thread you should put the name of the person you planning on RPing with in the thread name. I can go if you want, I'll put Sikke somewhere else ^^)

Sikke didn’t quite get the reaction he had wanted but, meh good enough. He watched the creature hurry into an alleyway obviously changing shape as he went.

â€œSo…â€? Sikke thought, “It’s isn’t just an ordinary mage, it’s some kind of demon. This must be my lucky day.â€?

Demons were far more interesting, they were known for their fighting prowess and that made things a lot more fun.

Sikke jumped down into the street and followed the demon to the alley. The young Mordecai flattened himself against the wall at the entrance and carefully peered inside. Wings burst from the creature’s back.

â€œShit,â€? the creature hissed.
It had a clearly injured wing…oh well maybe it wasn’t going to be as fun as he thought. Still…just seeing a demon for a chance improved Sikke’s day.

He moved from his position against the wall and began walking into the alley.

Anonymous

Blood, must feed. Must drain humans.
No, I will not. I will find a pig.
Then you will die.
I don't care. I will not do it.

Vivian flew around in circles, looking for something to eat. It was tedious work as he had not eaten in days and all his instincts were telling him to go down and attack a human.

Aha! A stray dog will do nicely.

The dog must have sensed that Vivian was there for it slunk into the alleyway. Vivian landed softly and bent over, making his way up the alley.

The air smelt foul. He snarled through his fanged lips. Hopefully there was still chance of a feed. At least if there was a fight he wouldn't feel so guilty. That is if he could even hold up in a fight.

There are two and one is injured, kill them and drink their blood. Replenish yourself.
"Shut up!"

He had said the last part out loud. How he hated that voice inside him telling him to behave like other Aswang (vampires). he needed blood, the least he could do was choose creatures that had less intelligence.[/i]

Anonymous

Great. Rain.

The young trainee pushed his wet hair out of his face. This didn't feel very knightly, having to trudge around the city streets, keeping watch on things. It was in fact rather boring.

But it was what he had been told he was supposed to be doing. Part of his training. So he did it. As he trudged along, something made him tingle. He wasn't used to his powers enough to tell much about the source, just that it was from over that direction.

So Raphael started jogging toward the sensation, which wasn't too far away. And as he got closer, he could sense there was another Mordecai there. The feeling lead him down an alleyway, which being a novice, Raphael just turned and walked straight down. No hiding, no keeping to a wall.

Anonymous

One.  Two.  Three.  Oh for the love of....  Biting back a snarl, Thal forced himself to his feet, his tail lashing behind him.  They couldn't even have the decency to come looking one at a time?  A glance down at his pendant only served to irritate the incubus further.  No glow.  Meaning no fire, no blasting these three idiots out of the alleyway and away from him.   Damn.  It would have at least been mildly amusing.

Oh but wait, one was a vampire.  Even without his magic, Thal's senses were sharp, and he knew what a vampire smelled like.  This one was a little different, but a vampire, definitely.  Perhaps on his side?  Demons and the undead did work together quite frequently.  ...Best to not presume.  He was relatively sure the vamp wouldn't help the uniformed duo, though.  

His attention switching to said uniformed duo, Thal had to hold back a smirk. One short, scrawny kid, and the other...tall, but still young looking.  Heh.  A couple of kids, playing soldiers.  It might have been cute, if the loss of magic wasn't pissing Thal off.

He tugged his cloak tighter about him, and turned one of his best smiles on the two. "Alright.  I've got a deal for you two."  He almost seemed to be purring as he spoke, putting every bit of charm and power he could drag up into his voice.  "You go play soldier somewhere else, leave me alone, and I won't hurt you.  I really don't want to hurt a couple of pretty boys like you.  It'd be a shame, really."  

And if they didn't go away?  Then Thal would drop the act, and act like the demon he was.  Even with a busted wing, he could easily take care of a couple of human boys...right?

Anonymous

Gods, how many people were after this guy and one of them was another Mordecai. Why couldn’t his life ever be easy?  Sikke also hated being called a ‘pretty boy’ it was almost as bad as people mocking the fact he was vertically challenged.

The other Mordecai he did recognise but hadn’t really worked with. His name was something like Ralph or Raph or something like that. He obviously was a complete idiot, he had just strolled straight down the alley without even assessing the danger. Or he could just be really cocky, but there was a fine line between cockiness and stupidity.

Anonymous

As Raphael wasn't cocky, it was best to go with idiot. When the demon spoke, Raphael moved back, his hand going to his sword. He also finally noticed the other Mordecai that he had been sensing.

Then his attention was back on the demon and the...other thing? He had no idea what either of these two creatures were, just that they were magical.

The demon's voice made his cheeks flush a little, but he still managed to glare back at him, "We aren't going anywhere. Surrender now and you shall be saved."

Anonymous

'Oh dear'
Do not act like that. You are an Aswang. You could easily rip these young upstarts apart.
But I don't want to.
Feel the blood of your ancestors flow through your veins then bathe in the blood of these mortals.
Damn you. I can find another dog.
You will stay.

He stayed.
'Um, hello?'
It must have looked vey strange indeed to see a seven foot, anthropomorphic (humanised) bat with a sharp tail hesitating. Admittedly, he was very skinny for an Aswang and very undernourished but he was still a vampire...somewhere VERY deep down.

What should he do? He was so hungry, he would start aging if he didn't hurry up and eat. The other people wanted a fight, one that he didn't really want to be apart of.
'Can I just get that dog? I'll leave you all alone.'

Anonymous

Score!  The taller of the uniformed duo was blushing!  ...And was putting his hand on the hilt of his sword.  Ah, that could be a problem.  Thal was sure that he could get the boy to relax and get over here.  Having a soldier following him around like a lovesick puppy might just be a help.

Wait, wait.  Be saved?  From what?  The skinny bat vamp?  Heh.  Forcing down a fit of laughter, Thal let his hood slip down a bit.  Not enough to reveal his horns, just enough to let the boy get a better look at his face.  Thalius knew he was handsome.  And he took pride in the ability to lure even straight men away from their wives, and into his bed.  This kid couldn't be any harder to charm than that.  Of course, the other one didn't seem happy at all.  Looked a little irritated.  He'd have to try a bit harder then.

Tilting his head the side a bit, he gave the soldier-boys his best smile, careful not to show off his fangs too much.  "Hey now.  There's no need to get all worked up.  You can stay right here if you want."  He held his hand out, palm up, towards the taller boy, as if inviting him to step closer.  "In fact...you look", Like a drowned rat, really. But Thal knew that'd be a dumb thing to say. "like you're completely soaked.  Why don't you come here?  I'll share my cloak.  You look like you could use some warming up, pretty boy."  Still purring as he spoke, oh yes.  It was such an easy, useful tactic.  And it seemed to have an effect on the taller soldier.  Heh.

While he kept his gaze on the taller soldier, all Thal's other senses were focused on the other boy.  And if he made a move, the incubus was ready to leap backwards, and then retaliate.

And of course he hadn't forgotten about bat-vamp boy.  The only reason Thal wasn't turning his charms on him as well was because he'd never been one to go for animal people.  Fur was just off-putting.  ...Okay, that wasn't entirely true, seeing as it was his lusting over a pretty little kitsune that had gotten him into this mess in the first place.  Anyways...of course he didn't mind the bat leaving.  Thal was pretty sure the two soldiers would mind, though.

Anonymous

Sikke frowned when the demon started trying to seduce the idiot, and he was a little worried it might actually work. He contemplated just letting the demon do what it wanted with the other Mordecai, but that wouldn’t be very soldierly.

He turned to the idiot, “If you move I swear I will break you in half.â€?

Most when they first encountered Sikke assumed he was weak because he didn’t carry a weapon, they soon found out they were very, very wrong.

As for the vampire, Sikke didn’t really care about it, it was scrawny and weak looking and just wanted some stray dog that had passed by, it probably hadn’t drunk human blood in a while and if that was the case there shouldn’t be any problem with Sikke just ignoring it. Maybe Ralph or whatever his name was will deal with it and leave him to the demon.

Anonymous

Vivian padded down the alleyway, skirting around the angry people. The dog was looking a little uncertain but he bent down to pat it, mainly so it relaxed enough so that it wouldn't run. He bent his head down, curled his wings around the dog and him and prepared his tail so that if the dog ran, he could stab it with his tail.

He sank his teeth in, hunger increasing the ferosity of his eating. The dog did not fight hard, it is hard to fight when you've been bitten on the neck. Vivian snarled as he drank, it was not helping. He had gone too long without blood. He needed more. He dropped the dried up corpse and stood up, licking his face with his long tounge.

Help the other. Take the weaker one and drink its blood.
I will find another dog.
You would need many dogs to give the same sustinance as the boy

'I will not drink humans, go away.'

It felt good to say so out loud, even if it was the hundreth time. Curses! The voices were right, he had to help the brethren. He walked towards the creature. It was hurt. He hesitated then stood near its shoulder. What if the creature was being chased because it had attacked someone?

'I will help you on one condition: you have not harmed anyone yet.'

Anonymous

Raphael had no intention of getting closer to the very attractive man. But that didn't stop him from blushing. At the other Mordecai's comment, the flush just got deeper, "I wasn't go-"

Then the bat like thing attacked the dog. Raphael snarled at that, his sword scraping free from the scabbard, "Demons! This is your last chance, surrender now!"

Seeing the poor animal killed like that cleared an lingering attraction to the Incubus. He kept his attention on the two dark creatures as best he can as he glanced over at the other Mordecai, waiting to follow his lead.

Anonymous

Aw, come on.  The other soldier just had to be a spoilsport.  Jealous of the attention his comrade was getting?  That could be fixed very easily.  "Come on now, that's not very nice.  Let the guy make his own-" The sound of a sword scraping against a scabbard sent Thal's train of thought crashing to a halt, and he blinked a few times, staring at the sword his soldier was pointing at him.  Oh...kay.  What just happened?

Wait.  That bat.  In killing the dog, it'd pissed off his soldier.  Oh great.  What an idiot.  "I'm going to kill you for ruining that chance, you ass."  Thal hissed, in a tone low enough that the soldier's wouldn't hear, at the vampire.  Time to change tactics for the soldiers.

Slowly lifting his hands, the incubus backed up a pace, his smile faltering for a moment as his wing throbbed.  "Easy there, pretty boy.  I haven't done anything wrong.  I'm just looking for a place to rest for a few days, and then I'll leave.  But, if you want me gone so bad, I'd be happy to go, if you'd be so kind as to point me in the right direction.  I'm a bit lost, you see."  

Damn that stupid bat.  Was he really too stupid to lure the dumb dog away from here before feeding?  Had no one ever taught him, that if your diet involves drinking the blood or your victims, or sucking out their very energy, as Thal did, you didn't do it in front of others!  The incubus had been looking forward to toying with the soldiers.  Or at least the tall one, who blushed so prettily.

Anonymous

Sikke didn’t mind vampires because in a way he was one, however Ralph did seem to dislike the vampire drinking the dog’s blood. The demon however, Sikke did not like. At first he had just wanted to fight him but now that he had discovered this one was a smarmy git willing to try and seduce him to escape, Sikke just wanted to kill him. The higher ups didn’t care whether you captured or killed as long as they weren’t causing trouble.

Sikke guessed that the demon didn’t know they were Mordecai or probably didn’t know what a Mordecai was and maybe he hadn’t noticed that his magic was gone.

Anonymous

"You are a demon. I can not let you escape." Despite his impressive height and large sword, the solider was painfully young as he stood standing in the dripping rain challenging two creatures that could probably rip him to pieces.

But that didn't stop him from doing it. He pointed the sword at the vampire, though he kept his attention on both the creatures, "Surrender now or we shall be forced to kill you in the street."

Raphael would much rather they would just surrender and be taken back, where they could be purified. Or that was at least what Raphael thought happened to them.

Though he was starting to wonder if the Knight was going to act or if he would have to start this on his own.

Anonymous

Vivian was taken aback, he didn't know that he wasn't supposed to eat in front of people. The other non-human didn't have to kill him for eating. He started siddling out of the alleyway, hoping that the young men would let him through. He was so hungry and so tired, he doubted he would be able to put up much of a fight if that other guy wasn't going to team up. he might as well go find another dog.

He plodded forward passed the non-human.
"I think I'll take my leave. Goodbye.'

Anonymous

Of course Thal had realized his magic was gone.  Living along the border for most of life, he'd have to be an idiot to not realize this was some strange coincidence.  But...now his pretty soldier was openly threatening him, and the incubus did not like it when potential victims got pissy like this.  Great.  At the rate this was going, he was going to have to kill them both.  And he so wanted to play with the taller soldier.

..Oh, the bat thought he was leaving? Thal let out a mirthless chuckle and reached out, seizing one skinny wing.  "You're not going anywhere, you little idiot.  Or would you rather let the soldiers kill you?"  Honestly, that would be a kinder fate. The demon preferred dealing out slow deaths to people who'd pissed him off.  He tugged on the wing, hard enough to jerk the bat off balance, and let go, hoping the fool would fall on his ass.  It'd give him something to laugh about later, at least.

His attention back on the soldiers, Thal shrugged off his cloak, not caring about the rain that was now soaking into his clothes and hair.  Water never bothered the incubus, and since the rain wasn't intolerable cold, that wouldn't bother him either.  Besides, the stupid cloak would get in the way in a fight.

And then he dropped the nice act, baring his fangs at the duo in a feral smile as he tucked his right wing close to his back, not wanting to give the soldiers an extra target.  His left wing still hung limp and unmoving, but as long as he could keep them in front of him, it'd be alright.  Flexing his hands, glad that he always kept his claws lethally sharp, he finally addressed the soldiers, the seductive purr gone from his voice, replaced with a harsh, commanding tone.  "If you really want to fight me, go ahead.  Your deaths won't mean a thing to me."  He pointed at the taller soldier with one sharp claw.  "I had planned on letting you go, so if you leave now, I won't hurt you.  But, like I said.  If you insist on fighting me, it's your funeral."

Thalius really didn't want to fight either of them.  Not that the loss of his magic had him particularly worried, it was the fact that he had a busted wing.  And that shorter soldier looked like he'd been in fights before.  He'd probably know to go after Thal's injured wing.

Anonymous

So now the demon wanted to fight, that suited him fine. If he was stupid enough to fight with an injured then wing then it was his funeral. Though Sikke would have found a way to fight him either way, it was one of the few forms of entertainment he had.

â€œFinally,â€? Sikke laughed maliciously, “I was getting bored.â€?

He wasn’t sure how much use Ralph would be in a fight but he a Mordecai so he couldn’t be that bad could he? He had a weapon so that must count for something. Sikke much preferred hand-to-hand. The demon was soon going to learn that you didn’t need to have wings to be fast.