Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Falling out of the sky...and into trouble

Started by Anonymous, March 22, 2008, 03:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The younger Mordecai dropped into a fighting stance, the blade held at the ready. The Knight finally seemed ready to do something. Though Raphael wasn't going to keep waiting on him.

But he wasn't totally dumb, moving cautiously forward. He was pretty sure that either of the creatures was going to be more then a match for him. But hopefully stripped of most of their powers, he wouldn't do so badly.

And he knew enough swordplay to want the demon to have to come to him, "I don't want to fight you. But I can't let you leave. You will only hurt others and it is my duty to protect them."

Anonymous

(OOC: Is Vivian going to fight you now Zombie?)

Something caught Vivian's wing and he stumbled backwards. His legs got caught on his tail and he landed on his wing joints. He winced and rubbed it as he got up. At least his neck had not started bleeding.

Okay, that hurt... Really hurt.

The other creature must have knocked him over. If the creature wouldn't let him out then he would have to sit and wait. The alley was a bit too narrow for flightand there weren't any handholds to claw his way to the roof. He wished he'd found another dog.

Anonymous

The incubus didn't bother suppressing his malicious chuckles as Vivian fell over.  The bat would get far worse once he'd dealt with the soldiers.  As soon as he dealt with the soldiers, too.  Thalius didn't believe in delaying punishments...idiots often forgot how they'd screwed up, if you waited too long.

And as the two soldiers prepared themselves for a fight, that laugh was abruptly replaced with a rasping snarl.  This was the reason he didn't do the whole merciful sparing lives thing.  Made people think he was weak, that he was afraid to fight them.  Nothing could be further from the truth, though.  Thalius was an incubus, a demon, and fighting was in his blood.  Nor did the lack of magic make him weak.  He may have been accustomed to just torching his opponents, but he never forgot how to fight hand-to-hand.

The midget's statement was funny.  Really.  "Bored?" He rasped at the soldier.  "Didn't your mother ever teach you that picking fights with demons is a stupid way of curing your boredom?"  And if mentioning his mother pissed off the soldier, then too bad for him.  Humans sometimes got pissed over stuff like that.  Thal, who had long ago forgotten the concept of family loyalty, found it yet another amusing human quirk.

The demon's attention shifted to the other soldier. "I already gave you your chances to not fight me.  And those people you protect...they aren't my problem."  The way the boy was inching forward so carefully made Thal grin.  "What's the matter pretty boy?  Scared of me?"  There was no way he'd make the first move.

Anonymous

Sikke laughed, “Didn't your mother ever tell no you not involve people in fights if they didn’t want to be?�
     He was of course referring to the vampire who looked like he just wanted to fly away or at least for some hole to appear in the ground and swallow him. If the weak excuse for a vampire wanted to run, Sikke was okay with it.
     He shifted his stance, then charged at the demon.

Anonymous

With Sikke charging at the demon, Raphael moved closer to the vampire. He could feel his heart pounding as he got closer, making sure to keep as far from the other monster as possible.

He glared at the creature, then moved forward with a careful swing. He lacked the practiced grace of an experienced fighter, though his large frame had a lot of power behind it.

Anonymous

'But I didn't start a fight.'

Vivian was wondering why his mother would tell him not to start fight, she had always started them herself (and usually with him). He didn't see the swing until it was too close to properly defend so he was only able to lift his arm up to stop it hitting his face. A thin flow of blood started trickling down his arm towards his elbow.

I can't lose blood. I don't want to lose blood.
Then fight back, kill the boy. Drink his blood.

He took a few steps backwards, hoping he would not trip over the dog or find the end of the alleyway. He knew he would soon but if he could survive until the fighter got tired he could run away, if the demon let him.

He jumped and swung his tail forwards, protecting his body. The boy was shorter than him but had a lot more muscle on him. There was also the sword to take into account. If it even cut his wings he may never be able to fly away and he didn't relish the idea of having to sew them up. He furled them up so they couldn't get injured. Their dead bulk would still be a hassel.

'Don't fight me,' he was really scared.

Anonymous

Thalius laughed at the shorter soldier.  "My mother was a succubus.  She didn't care how many fights I picked, or who I dragged into them, as long as I won the fight."  He pivoted to the side as the soldier rushed at him, reaching out with one hand to claw at the soldier's side.

He drew back a little, moving towards the opening of the alley, smirking at the soldiers.  They'd left an escape route wide open.  The smirk was short-lived, however, as he realized how unbalanced he was.  His wing was being more of a hindrance than he'd thought it would be. He cautiously unfolded the right wing, stretching it out to help restore his balance.

A quick end to this fight was what Thal needed.  He settled into a crouch, and called out to the shorter soldier, "You missed me, midget!"  He hoped it'd provoke the guy.  Flexing his right hand, he grinned.  The incubus was planning on just shoving his claws into the guy's ribcage.  While he couldn't drain the soldier's life out of him like this, it'd be easy to do some serious harm to him like that.  And hopefully the younger guy would choose to help his comrade, and leave Thal alone after that.

Anonymous

How dare the demon call him a midget! Just because he was vertically challenged!

â€œYou’ll pay for that midget comment,â€? Sikke growled before charging at the demon.

Sure the demon was bigger than he was but Sikke had beaten people twice his size before and had gotten barely a scratch, the fact this guy wasn’t human didn’t bother Sikke in the slightest. It would just be all the more embarrassed when he it was beaten by a human.

[OOC. Feel free to hurt Sikke, but please don't kill him >.<]

Anonymous

Raphael pressed forward against the vampiric creature. He readied the sword for another blow. Though his enemy didn't really seem to be acting right. When the creature lashed out with his tail, Raphael was forced to move awkwardly back, stumbling slightly.

Glaring at the monster, the trainee brought the sword into a defensive position, "I have to fight you. You are a danger to those around you."

Anonymous

((OOC:  Wasn't planning on killing the guy.  Just messing him up a bit.))

The incubus just grinned, baring his fangs as the soldier charged him.  Side stepping halfway, Thalius reached out with one hand, grabbing the soldier's shoulder, and thrust his other hand forward, letting the man's momentum do most of the work as his claws pierced his uniform easily, and sank into his chest, right next to his shoulder.

Smirking at the soldier as he scraped his claws along his collarbone, Thal abruptly shoved him away.  He took a few steps back, moving towards the mouth of the alleyway, while licking the blood off his hand and paused to pick a small shred of fabric off one claw, scowling in annoyance.

"Since you were kind enough to fall for that, I'm giving you one last chance.  You and your friend can leave now, and I'll let you be."  Inspecting his claws idly, he shook the rest of the blood off and glared at the soldiers.  "Or you can stay and I'll finish you off.  You weren't much of a threat before, and you're even less of one now.  Your choice."

Anonymous

'I'm not a danger.'

Only because you dont want to be, you traitor.
I'm not a traitor either.
You refuse to kill humans, you are a traitor.
It is cruel.
What would your mother think!

He cringed and stepped backwards at the thought of his mother. Unluckily for him he tripped over the dog. The voices had made him forget about the soldier.

'I am not my mother, I will not hurt people.'
It was more to himself than the other fighters but he had said it louder than he expected. He was still shaking from the thought of his mother. Maybe he needed to go further away. If he survived the oncomming attack. At least he had his tail in front of him.

Anonymous

Raphael hesitated when the monster fell. The bat thing seemed less of a threat. And the other monster had just hurt the Knight. Raphael wasn't sure what to do. And if Vivian had wanted to kill him, his confusion and indecision left him wide open.

"Sir....do you need help?" He wasn't really trained for this yet. Was he supposed to stay on the bat vampire? Or help his comrade? What was the right move?

Anonymous

{OOC: Is this thread still active?Where are the other two?}

Anonymous

((OOC: I'm kind of stuck until Mia replies.))

Anonymous

((OOC: I think we are all waiting on Mia))

Anonymous

[OOC. Sorry, sorry the internet's been down in my area o.O]

He was such an idiot. Comments on his side always got him…He made a mental note to work on that later. Damn it hurt.

Leaning on the wall of the alley he got to his feet and turned to the other soldier.

â€œDeal with one or the other, leave me. Didn’t they tell you that in basic training?â€?

He then turned to the demon, “Too bad, I’m not leaving until one of us is dead.â€?

He had lost interest in fighting now but still he had to do his duty as a soldier. Duty sucked.

Anonymous

If only he could use his magic.  He would have blasted the soldier through the building.  As it was, all the moving around and fighting was making Thal's wing throb intolerably.  And the idiot wanted to stay?  Fine.  This only meant he'd have to kill both of them, which was no problem.  Except that hiding the bodies was going to be fun.

He winced, and marched over to the injured man, and grabbed the collar of his shirt.  Tugging him up close, Thal hissed in a deliberately low and controlled tone.  "Have it your way.  You, my little idiot, are mine now."  Bringing up his free hand, the incubus tapped his claws against the man's neck none too gently.  Neither of them were suitable victims, but he hated killing with his bare hands...so messy.

((OOC: It's alright Mia.  Just glad to have you back.))

Anonymous

Raphael hesitated when Thal grabbed Sikke by the neck. This was way over the poor boy's head. But Sikke had told him to stay on the vampire. But he didn't seem like he was in very good control of the situation.

The trainee glanced down at the bat creature that cowered in front of him. Then he gave a quick turn, swinging at the Incubus, aiming at the hurt wing.

Anonymous

Vivian sucked at his arm, he was losing precious blood and it was making him sick.

The smell of the blood! He had to get out of there. He pushed himself to his feet and slowly stepped forwards, making sure he was out of reach of the other fighters. He had never been told much about gods but he prayed they would let him pass unseen.

Anonymous

Sikke just wanted to run like hell now, but no the demon was going to kill him. Fantastic. Magic users he could handle, demons were a whole different league and he just had to be careless.

He was going to die but as long as the other one, Ralph or whatever he name was just stayed with the vampire then he probably wouldn’t be killed.

At least that was what Sikke thought until the idiot had to attack the demon.

â€œNo you idiot!â€?