Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Lack of Mango. [Inumisha]

Started by Anonymous, March 30, 2008, 12:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Repaer growled indignantly, slashing branches out of his way with a pair of swords, a deep frown carved on grim features. The dense thicket was a pain to navigate through, and little bugs kept crowding around his face. He would have just portalled to the city, but noooo. Apparently, portalling to a city instead of walking fifty miles in any direction through thick forest and muddy undergrowth was considered a form of escape. Jacobin walked behind him, an irritating spring in his step and an optimistic smile on his face. Grumbling under his breath about having enough happiness to destroy all evil, Rae didn't notice a rather steep decline ahead of him. Jac did, but called out a second too late, and Rae put his foot out over the empty air - dropping like lead to the leafy earth below. He landed with an echoing thud, limbs and wings akimbo, followed by a string of curses in his native tongue. Jac, standing at the top of the tall incline, laughed down at him. If it had been any other person, the winged boy would have run down to help them. But it was Repaer, so he simply mocked him from far away.

"Remember when I told you to 'keep a weather eye on the horizon' that one time, chasing Allira's fleet?" Rae glared up at his friend, brows knitted. Jac grinned. "That also applies to the forest floor." Rae ignored him and leapt to his feet, brushing himself free of leaf litter and dirt. "Well I was the one who wanted to stay in that village until we got us a couple of animals to ride. Do they even have horses here?" Rae resumed walking, swords swinging haphazardly along with his arms. Jac rolled his eyes and picked his way down the decline, running to catch up with his friend. "Yeah, they do. This isn't like, the dinosaur period. Mordred didn't send us back that far." Repaer shrugged, squinting to see through a thick band of trees ahead. "The fact he sent us back at all is what pisses me off."

Rae's hopes were shattered when they reached the horizontal row of trees, because it wasn't a village at all. It was just another clearing. Sun filtered through the thin canopy, dappling the shadow on the red earth. At the end of the clearing, six or seven horse-like beasts were stripping bark off trees. Repaer did a double-take, his one golden eye wide with bemusement. "What the hell are they?" The big creatures heard his exclamation and made loud, high-toned noises, thundering out of the clearing like elephants. Jac raised his eyebrows and pondered for a moment, and then snapped his fingers. "Ipolocath. They live in areas like this. They're harmless." Triumphant in his knowledge of the area, Jac looked up at Rae, who had an expression one would identify as having been slapped in the face. He remained this way for point three seconds before snapping back to reality and blinking at Jac. "So what do we do now?"

---------------
word count
characters Jacobin & Repaer
notes this is where you come in, Inu <3
---------------

Anonymous

"Just admit it! We're lost!!!!" Mizumi complained to her brother Aromitma. "Find someone to ask directions..."
The unicorns hair was tied up in a ponytail. Her black pants were covered in dirt. She now looked at her brother in front of her.
"No, we arent lost Mizumi." The male unicorn growled. "And I refuse to ask for directions...Besides, who are we going to ask?" Aromitama was slicing and hacking at the thick brush. He looked around, hoping he would find someone to ask for directions. His hair was white, but had soot in it from the fire that had destroyed the rest of their family.
Mizumi gasped as she looked ahead of them. "Look!" Aromitama glanced up, surely there wasnt someone there before, he hadnt seen them. Aromitama looked back at his sister and said. "Ill ask for directions, you wont stay anything alright? They are complete strangers." Mizumi folded her arms in dissagreement. "Im 18 Arrow. Leave me alone about htat kind of stuff."
Aromitama sighed as he walked up the the two men. "Excuse me, but could you give me and my sister directions?"

Anonymous

Jac was busy scouring his bag for a map, and Rae had busied himself scratching dirt out from under his nails. They were both working quite intently when Rae heard voices from behind them. "We've got company," Rae murmured, his one golden eye still focused on his index finger. Jac smiled at the man who'd approached them; white hair was stained with black, and he looked like he'd been scorched with fire. Jac rubbed the back of his neck; a nervous habit he'd had since childhood. "Actually... we're just as lost." Repaer looked up indignantly from his hygiene practices at Jac. "And whose fault is that?" He asked, gaze flickering to the white-haired man. "Where are you headed?" Rae asked him, putting a long-fingered hand on a sculpted hip. The chains hanging from his coat rattled loudly.

---------------
word count too lazy to count @_@
characters Jacobin & Repaer
notes eek, it's so short!
---------------

Anonymous

Mizumi couldnt help but talk to the two men. "We were trying to find our way to a village or some type of other civilization." Glaring back at her, Aromitama asked. "Think we could work together to get out of here?" The teen rubbed his head then tried to clean the soot from his hands.

Anonymous

Jac fought the urge to stamp of Repaer's foot, smiling warmly down at the girl that spoke up. She was just as dirty, but beneath all the soot and dirt, she was very pretty. Jac's heart fluttered; Rae noticed this and frowned at him, but the younger man wasn't paying attention.

"Yeah, so were we. Not having much luck so far though," he laughed, letting his hands drop beside him. Jac nodded firmly at Aromitama's query.

"Sure! We just came--"

Repaer stomped on Jac's foot - quite inconspicuously - and Jac's words were drowned out below his shriek of pain. Glaring at Rae, he rubbed his foot and tried again.

"We could use the knowledge of the area.. we only have one map, and it's pathetic." He looked out over the clearing and frowned at the lack of direction.

Anonymous

Mizumi looked at Jac and smiled. "This is Aromitama, My name is Mizumi."
Aromitama backed up into his sister causibg her to move back to. "We should sick together..." He held out his hand. "But first, we make camp, its getting late. Agreed?"
The sun truly was setting, changing the sky beautiful shades. Mizumi loved watching te sunset. Suprisingly, this particular one stood out more than ever.

Anonymous

Jac grinned down at Mizumi. Rae resisted the urge to roll his eyes at his antics and obvious flirting.

"Yeah, sounds like a good idea. Are you two from around here?"

Jac naturally directed the question at the female of the two, but Rae was more interested in Aromitama. He was quiet; almost gruff, if not for the obvious protectiveness over his younger companion. He wondered if they were siblings.

"Uh.. well, I'm gonna go get some wood for a fire..." Jac stopped himself, suddenly wary. "Or.. do you two.. oppose futuristic magic?" Rae could have slapped his friend. Jac ignored him and procured an electric lighter from his pocket - a product of the 25th century.

Rae pinched the bridge of his nose, his single eye fluttered closed, while Jac followed Mizumi's gaze to the horizon. It was gorgeous - the ones in his time were nothing compared to the brilliant spectrum of colours he witnessed now. The varied array of crimson, gold and vivid violet mesmerized him, and Rae had to nudge Jac out of his trance after a moment of spacing out.

"Oh.. sorry. It's just really different from.. what I've seen before." Jac flushed red. Rae knitted his brow. Jac doesn't blush. Jac never blushes. I bet he has the hots for that girl. Either the girl or her guardian. Stupid morta-- oh. That's right. I'm a mortal now, too.

"What will we use for shelter?"

----------------------------------

ooc sooo sorry I haven't been on in a while. School and life has been busy. I hope this suffices!

Anonymous

Aromitama frowned at his sister. 'If only she knew how foolish she is acting...' He thought. Looking at Rae, he said. "No, we arent from around here." He pointed in the direction him and his sister had come from. "There is an abandond water mill not to far that way. We can rest there."
Mizumi smiled. "Ill go collect wood." She quickly wanderd off, hoping Jac would follow.

Anonymous

Rae went back to picking the dirt out from under his nails, only mildly aware of the idle chatter the other three were involved in. Usually - well, always - Repaer was a fun-loving guy. Loved to get into trouble, loved to bum around and break stuff with big sticks. But he was so pissed right now, that nothing seemed like it would be any fun. One of things that wasn't going to be fun was being stuck with these two weirdos, one or both of which Jac wanted in bed.

Jac nodded at Aromitama, since Rae didn't reply, and stuffed his small map into a back pocket. He smiled at Mizumi, who was walking away, and followed her diligently. Rae simply rolled his eyes and straightened.

"I'll go with you," he told Arrow, "since I don't think I'll be able to put up with Jac's oogling at Mizumi any longer."

Anonymous

Aromitama nodded and walked in the direction of the house. "Follow me." He motioned for Rae to follow him. He to didnt like his sisters oogling.

Anonymous

Repaer walked a few paces behind Arrow, arms swinging lazily beside him. His bad mood had loosened a little now that Jac was off with his little love interest, but he was still iffy about this Aromitama character. "So where are you from?"

Anonymous

"Well...Im not realy from anywhere." Arrow replied truthfuly. "My clan is nomadic, and we did a whole lot of traveling." She was still trying to get the soot out of his hair, but to no alvail. He looked at Rae. "What about you? Where are you from?"
Meanwhile, deep in the woods, Mizumi was looking for fire wood. She was suprised that she hadnt been followed by Jac. It didnt bother her, she soon to began to wipe soot from herself. She then became worried. 'What if whatever killed my clan comes after me and Arrow???' Mizumi thought this for a while and wished not to be alone anymore. She wanted someone to be with her, someone she could trust.