Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost Little Stray...(private)

Started by Anonymous, May 03, 2008, 06:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Momma!" a small girl's voice cut through the icy wind, shrill and frightened. Mystery wrapped her arms around her self, shivering in the cold that was worse than anything she had ever felt before. Her mismatched eyes (one ivy green, the other golden yellow) squinted painfully into the snow, the dark, while she dragged her heavy feet through the knee-deep snow. She could see a crowd of lights far away, like a puddle of fire-flies huddled against the snow.

"Momma!" she shouted again, rubbing the rough pink lace of her gloved hands against the gray of her arms, attempting to salvage some warmth from the frantic friction. Her limbs felt heavy, and she doubted she could go much farther. Her long pointed ears drooped with fatigue, her tiny pointed teeth chattering. She wasn't dressed for the cold, the thin black and pink fabric of her dressy acrobat clothing shaking in the arctic wind around her, the blue carnations adorning her chest and ankles crisp with frost. The porcelain of the mask that covered half her face stung painfully cold against her skin, but she refused to ever remove it.  Her black hair flew around her face like a storm of ribbons as she grit her teeth and struggled on, heading towards the town one painful  step at a time.

Anonymous

OOC: how much am I allowed to swear if it is in character? If this is too much just let me know. Sorry it's very long.

Rain. Fiona hated rain. It always seemed to be raining in Cerenis. It made her clothes run and go horridly bright colours. This time her clothes were hot pink and fluro blue. Disgusting. Not to mention that the damn skirt was sticking to her. The damn skirt kept riding up her... behind in a very uncomfortable fashion; it looked foolish. She kept walking and tried to unpick the skirt but fell in a pile of mud. Another pile of mud fell from the sky for no reason other than to torment her. Stupid rain.

She heard the jingle of bells and groaned loudly. A man placed his foot on her back and pressed down hard. He tapped her on the shoulder with what was probably a pig's bladder, 'this is the Village calling, we want our Idiot back.'
'Fuck.'
She struggled as several more Fools (not The Fool however, who was possibly the only annoying git she could stand) lifted her to her feet. they were holding too tight for struggling to be of any use.

She thrashed out, hitting several Fools. They managed to tie her arms behind her back, dragging her kicking and screaming down the street. A strong punch to the stomach silenced her screams as she gasped for air.
'You fucking arseholes. Can't you just leave me be. When I get loose, I'm going to fucking slit your throats.'
One man reached down her skirt and removed her knife.
'Shit.'

'The Village's orders Lady Foolsfoot,'
She swung her foot at the lanky git behind her, hitting his groin. He laughed and knocked it, a hollow sound resounded in the air - that and a damn annoying little ditty about a mouse hitting a cat.
'Special protection. You're well known, Blueberry really has blueberries now.'
'That filthy git deserved it. He touched me.'
She was taken to the warf and thrown bodily on a boat and into a cage. The cage smelt strangely of wolf and vomit, not a good combination.
'You've got to be kidding me,' she screamed, 'I'll freeze my arse off in here.' Believe it or not, that is exactly what happened: her arse fell off.

The boat travelled for a day before Fiona was let out of the cage. On getting out she had got herself caught up in some rigging and stuck hanging four yards above deck level. As much as the Fools and sailors on board found it amusing, she did not.
'I hate boats,' she groaned, adding in a scream, 'and I hate you too.'
She then bolted herself in a room below deck, trying to get the damn music out of her ears.
All around the Merry-go-round
the monley chased the weazle.
The monkey stopped to pick up some rocks
POP! goes the weazle.

It was beginning to drive her crazy.

On the day they reached the Hyoite docks several men came into the room. There she was unceremoniuosly stripped naked and admired by the men.
'What the fuck are you looking at? I bet none of you has ever seen a woman before,' she snarled.
One of the men pulled a jestering costume out of a bag and with the help of another Fool, she was dressed. It irritated her that they had to touch her so much, most of them had been in her class several years before and all of them had tried to win her over in one form or another. It was then that one man got far too close to her pelvis.
'WHAT THE FRICKING HELL ARE YOU DOING.'
His hand didn't stand a chance. He howled and Fiona smiled with delight.
'It's bad enough that I have to have you dress me in this skimpy uniform, at least play nice.'
She was once again shoved into the cage like some animal. She shivered at the shilly wind. Damn Hyoite and it's neverending winter. The cage was taken to the warf and heaved onto a cart to be taken into the town. She was to be taken to headquartes. The blood drained from her face at the thought of what was going to be a VERY biased and uncomfortable trail.

'GET ME OUT OF HERE!'
She began rocking the cage, screaming and kicking the wooden panels at the top. It was useless but hopefully somebody would hear her. Maybe even Calim would be nearby.
'YOU STUPID, FILTHY FOOLS! JUST WAIT TIL I GET OUT OF HERE! I"M GOING TO SNAP YOUR NECKS WITH MY BARE HANDS.'
A bucket of briney water was thrown at her.

Anonymous

OOC- Naw, I don't mind swearing at all, don't worry ^__^

Mystery's long elfish ears twitched as the whipping wind brought the sounds of a desperate violent struggle. She turned her face, her cheeks wind-burn-pink, to peer at the cluster of men hauling a cage somewhere to the far left of her. They seemed to heading to the town, like she was... and they seemed to be hauling a very distraught women.

Memories of days in the circus streamed unbrokenly into her mind; creatures in cages, begging for help, and Mystery herself able to do nothing at all? Her small fists tightened at her side, a scowl creasing the half of her face that was visible. What could she have done to help those creatures? If she rebelled, she would have been punished, too... but there was no one to stop her now, no reason to reconsider. It didn't matter that there where so many men, it didn't matter that she appeared to be only a small lithe little girl in slim revealing clothes. It didn't matter, because she was fairly sure she was fast enough to snap every single one of those thick hairy necks before anyone noticed.

But being the kind girl she was, she decided to give the men a chance; they could live if they behaved themselves; the kind of logic that had kept Mystery alive since birth.

Moving so fast took precious little energy she didn't have, but she had to do it, making an entrance would get the men's attention. In the space of one second she had ripped across the wide space between them, appearing at first as only a blur before the man leading the line. She tilted sideways, smiling brightly, giving a wave to the girl in the cage. Then, she straightened, glaring sharply at the crowd of men.

"You better let the poor girl go," even her voice was young, but she adapted a threatening tone. "If you just walk away right now, I promise I wont hurt you."

Anonymous

'Get me out of here you arseholes!' Fiona shouted as she rocked the cage. She looked up and saw a small woman standing on the road in front of the cart. Great, come to laugh at the half naked woman in skimpy tights. At least she was distracting the other Idiots.

She rammed the side of the cage with all her weight and it rolled off the back of the cart. After the initial shock of falling in something warm, moist and soft, Fiona scowled lightly.
'Damn donkey,' she muttered as she began her attack on the wooden planks again.
Alas for her, the men had heard the cage fall. They looked around to see Fiona arse-over-tit in a pile of donkey dung. Laughter ensued, typical Idiots.

'Well woman, now that you've got there attention you could at least help me out!'

Anonymous

Mystery winced at the unfortunate happening. She hated smelly disgusting unkept animals, having seen enough of them in the Circus she had called home. The men didn't even seem to be paying any attention to her, either. This in itself unnerved her, as Mystery was used to (and quite enjoyed) being the center of attention.

Yet, there were greater things to worry about. The women obviously needed help. Once again using her near super sonic speed, Mystery ran through the crowd of men, appearing before the tumbled cage (and the distraught woman inside) in less then a second. She hoped this little show of her talent impressed the men enough to leave them alone.

"Are you okay?" she asked Fiona with sincere concern. "How come these guys are being so mean to you?" Her small gloved hands wrapped around the bars of the cage, and she managed to pick the whole thing up over her head, woman cage and all. She smiled up at Fiona as she held the cage above her head, shifting a little under the weight. "Er... I guess you don't wanna go back to town, huh? So where should I take ya'?" she asked.

Anonymous

'Look, just get me out of this stupid cage okay?'

Fiona was feeling humiliated. Being carried by a tiny girl, in a cage, wearing a far-too-revealing jestering suit and having a face covered in donkey dung was not her greatest moment. She glared at her saviour-if you could call her that. The girl was wearing also wearing revealing clothing. This had to be a bad joke.

'Okay. Put me down now! What the hell is going on? First of all, what the hell are you? And second, why are you wearing that rediculous costume?'

This had to be a joke, either that or a trap. Why else would any sane girl willingly wear anything as Foolish as that. One thing she had on her side, she obviously wasn't an Idiot. The girl would not have asked her (or helped her) if she was. Fiona wasn't going to say anything until she was out of the damn cage though.

Anonymous

"O-oh, okay, no problem!" Mystery felt a little bit of sheepish blush creep onto her pale-gray cheeks. He could have bent the bars quite easily, why didn't she start with that? Placing the cage down (away from the donkey dung) she reached out and grasped the bars, ripping a few of them clean off the cage as easily as if they had been made out of paper.

"Erm," Mystery seemed startled by the sudden stream of questions. "I-I'm Mystery, I'm an acrobat, songstress, and dancer; a Circus performer," she said, obviously forgotten all about the men. They weren't being a problem anyway, they seemed to be leaving the pair of them alone. "C-costume?" Mystery looked down in confusion at her clothes, and absently touched the mask that covered half her face. "They're just my Circus clothes, thats all," she murmured, obviously embarrassed now. 'Do they look bad?' she thought. She had always liked her clothes. Suddenly coming back to her senses, she offered one  hand gloved in pink lace to help Fiona up.

Anonymous

Fiona did not accept the hand but tried to get out of the cage as gracefully as possible. She failed however, ripping what little costuming she was wearing. There was now a large hole down the back of her leg. It was not bleeding however, only grazed. 'Shit!'

She looked down at the girl in front of her, not to be mean but simply because the girl was so short, 'you're clothes look like something I'd be forced to wear. They're disgusting.'

She glanced over her shoulder. She did not trust the idea that the Idiots were not coming after her, especially after they had gone so far to collect her.
 'Look...Mystery,' either it was an alias or her mother hadn't liked the girl, 'I'm meant ot be one of them. I hate it so I left. They want me back so we'd best get out of here. I prefer if we went somewhere that is NOT a circus, or full of freaks and idiots.'

OOC: sorry, I hope I didn't push the meanness too far.

Anonymous

"Are you okay?" Mystery cried in alarm, worried the woman might have hurt herself on the cage. She folded her hands behind her back to stop herself from reaching out to help again, obviously the woman did not want too much assistance.

The comment about her clothing shocked her though, her mismatched eyes widening in obvious distress. "B-but I like my clothes!" she insisted, "All the acrobats wear clothes like these!" she shifted from foot to foot nervously, rubbing her bare arms in hopes of salvaging some warmth. 'Disgusting'. The word stuck her as painfully as a slap to the face.

"I am NOT disgusting!" she shouted suddenly, her sharp vampire fangs visible for a moment as her mouth curved into a sneer. The sound of her own harsh voice startled her, and just as sudden as it came her anger was gone. Mystery looked at her feet apologetically, her hands fluttering to her face to make sure her mask was still in place, to make sure it was tightly on and would never shift, not even an inch.

"Well... I don't know where to go either, I'm looking for my Momma," she murmured, still apologetic. "I don't know my way around, I've never been to this world before... w-where would you like to go?"

OOC- Not at all ^____^ IC drama is fun after all <33 Sorry about Mystery's not-so-happy response there too xDD

Anonymous

'Easy there, I don't think you're disgusting, just that damned outfit.' The small girl looked like she might burst out crying, or at least it appeared to to Fiona. She sighed, it had been a long time since she'd been around children.
'I'm Fiona Foolsfoot. You are NOT to make a joke of my name. You will NOT give me a nickname and you are NOT to use my name until we get out of this wretched place and away from those ars-jerks.'

Fiona looked around, there were several small homesteads and the city was not too far to the North. She pulled a her pants out of her crack, this would get very tedious before long. 'The first thing we will do is get out of these damned costumes. You too, now that you've helped me they'll capture you on sight. Now get going.'

She started walking towards a house, not really caring if the girl followed. It's not like it was here fault if the girl got captured. She fell into a puddle covered in snow and growled. Blasted Hyoite, blasted snow, blasted Idiots. She pulled herself to her feet and brushed off water. She sneezed and bright red glitter come out her nose. Fine, she decided, the girl could come. It might be... she might of use. She pulled out another wedgie. By the Gods these tights were annoying.

'So, who is your mother and what does she look like? More importantly, how would she feel about her daughter running around in less clothes than a whore?' It was her attempmt at being nice, she was well out of practice.

Anonymous

Mystery hurried to keep up with Fiona, desperately not wanting to be left alone again. Pausing, she stuck out her tongue (which was oddly long and a strange blue color) at the people who had attempted to capture Fiona. She giggled quite impishly and scampered back to the elder women's side.

"I wont make fun of your name," she insisted with a serene smile. "It's more normal then my name, isn't it?" Mystery frowned at the mention of removing her supposed "costume" but didn't argue. She simply wouldn't do it, that was all. Her dress was one thing, she liked it, but for no particular reason. No force on heaven or earth could make her take off her mask, gloves, leggings, or shoes though. She was sure if that were to happen, Fiona would instantly change her mind about whether Mystery was disgusting, or not.

Mystery only winced and made sympathetic noises when Fiona would fall or trip. She had been that clumsy too, once. Before The Ring Leader had made her the special shoes she never took off.

"My mom? Well let me see... I've never really seen her that often. I just found out she's my mom, you see, and was sent out to look for her by The Ring Leader. Her name is Princess, and, uhm... her eyes are red, and she has pointy ears, like me," Mystery paused to make the very tips of her pale long ears twitch, "And she's... well, she's pretty ugly. You'd know her if you saw her. Plus, she wears less clothes then me!" the youthful vampire girl giggled to herself. Humans were so funny about their clothes all the time.

Anonymous

'True. How do you people come up with names? They're worse than the Idiots' stage names,' right now she did not want to say her old stage name.

She peered in a window of the first house. There was a lady baking a pie. Fiona hated pies, they had a habit of...'Bast it! That's hot. God woman, could you be a little less clumsy next time.'

She stormed to the next house and found it empty. She climbed through the window and rummaged through the drawers. She found two dresses. She took the less frilly one and threw the other at the girl. They would be a bit bit for them both, but it was better than the hideous costumes they were wearing.

She stripped off the revealing costume and pulled on the dress. She then rummaged around for a belt. She did not find one but there was a length of rope. Now all she needed was a knife and some money. She would go to another house for that. She picked up the costume with a look of disgust. She would burn it next time they came across a fire.

Anonymous

Mystery caught the dress, looking at it with something akin to curiosity. "Eeeww, it's so... frilly!" she wrinkled her nose, holding the thing out in front of her, letting her eyes travel up and down the horrible thing. "What's the matter with what I'm wearing right now? Isn't it pretty...? Besides, this thing doesn't match my gloves," she said.

Mystery walked back over to the dresser, placed the dress down there. "Are you sure it's okay to... you know, take this stuff? It isn't ours anyway..." she smiled impishly, "I guess you don't mind, huh?" Mystery giggled. She sighed, placing her hand over bare stomach and looking forlorn. A quiet whine left her.

"I'm getting kinda hungry..." she murmured, "Where can I get some food?"

Anonymous

'Put it on or I'll put it on for you. It can go ovee that costume if you have to wear it. Just cover that damned thing, I find it embaressing,' she sighed, 'if you want we can get something else in the next house'

'We have no food or proper clothes. Do you really want to be traipsing around like a whore when men can perve on you? This isn't the circus; there's nobody to protect you but me.'

Fiona was feeling hungry too, the men had forgotton to feed her on the boat, 'we'll steal food from the next house, unless you have a better idea?'

She stretched to try and get a kink out of her back, she fell over and did a summersualt, landing back on her feet with her arms wide open. It probably looked like she was showing off, but it was damned annoying. She overbalanced and fell face first on the floor. Her nose made a loud honking noise as it broke. Great, she thought, I sound like a horn. She got up and rubbed her nose then waited for the girl to do something.

Anonymous

Mystery raised an eyebrow, shuffling backwards a few inches. "You'll... what? H-Hey, I don't have to put it on if I don't wanna! You wanted to change cuz you weren't comfy and thats fine... but I am comfy, so why should I?"

She smiled slightly at the impressive somersault, even if it did end in a bit of a blunder. "Hey, I can do stuff like that too, you know," she said, curling forward into a smooth perfect roll. Instead of landing back on her feet, Mystery simply chose to land on her hands, her feet stuck up in the air as she balanced on her palms. "See?~"

Still standing on her hands, she thought out loud "You can steal food I guess, but I don't know what I'll eat..." she sighed, heading for the door, still walking on her hands. She paused in the doorway, casting Fiona a sweet smile. "It's nice what you said... about wanting to protect me. I don't think anyone has ever said that before!"

Anonymous

She went over to the girl, picked up the dress and shoved it over her head, 'look, if you want to stay with me you'll have to wear this. I don't care about what you wear under it. You stick out like a sore thumb in that,'

Seeing the girl act, Fiona put her palm to her face, which for some annoying reason, held a cream pie. That was twice in one day. She pulled at the bottom of her skirt and wiped the foul pastery off. She glared at the girl an whacked her across the back of the head.

'That was not an invitation. Don't do that circus stuff unless you have to,' she scowled at the girl and followed her through the doorway after making sure no pies, coloured-dye filled bladders or any other falling objects were waiting for her.

'So what do you eat then? My guess would be blood, you're skkin looks like you might be a blood-sucker,' she looked the girl up and down. Her clothes were going to be a point of agrivation between them, 'I'll protect you. I can't have a half-naked child running around with stories about me.'

Anonymous

Still standing on her hands, Mystery caught the dress with her aloft feet, holding the frilly thing between her shoes. She frowned, looking sheepishly at the ground. "Look, I like showing off what skin I can, okay? I think it's pretty. No, I *know* I look pretty. And I like other people to think so... even if that's just a lie," she explained a little sadly, letting the dress go so it fluttered to the ground. "I know I stand out, that's the point. Momma can find me easy this way, too. And who else is gunna recognize me? Those silly men?" she smirked impishly, "if they come back... I"ll just eat them, okay? So don't worry!"

Not wanting to annoy Fiona, Mystery elegantly stood back onto her feet, taking a few moments to adjust her ponytail before scampering back to the woman's side. Despite how rough around the edges Fiona was, Mystery knew she just wanted to help. Besides, from what she could remember (which was very little) of her mother, she could tell her and Fiona were rather similar.

Having already answered Fiona's question about what she ate when explaining what she would do if the men came after them again, Mystery opted to ask a question of her own. "How come all that strange stuff keeps happening to you? With the pies and stuff? It looks like a curse to me," she said.

Anonymous

'Ya're clothes are ugly, revealing and shameful. Just wear the dress. You can take it off when we get near a circus.'

Fiona looked around. Food, the girl was a blood sucker so she needed an animal or something, she contemplated waiting in the house for the owners. That way she could steal anything in the house without regret. Perhaps an animal was the better way to go, 'will you drink animal blood. I could kill someone for you but I don't like doing it without good reason.'

'The men will be back. They're probably getting re0enforcements now.'

Night was falling and it was getting cold, Fiona shivered and feld in a sneeze. She didn't want anything else coming out her nose, now or ever. An ex-fool with a cold was not a safe person to be. She needed a fire, and preferrably a coat too. Just to annoy her it seemed, a pile of snow fell off the house's roof and covered her to her neck. She counted to ten and breathed deep. How many things could happen to her in one hour. She got out and narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

Fionaswung her arm out and grabbed the girl by the throat then dragged the girl close to her face. She would punch the girl if she had to.
'Okay, joke's up. What the hell are ye? How did you get away from the fools so easily? How the hell are you making these things happen, they don't normally happen this often. Spit it.'

Anonymous

Mystery decided to ignore the comment about the clothes; arguing wasn't getting her anywhere, and she simply didn't agree with Fiona's opinion. All the people that came to watch her never seemed to think her clothes were ugly; Mystery figured Fiona's opinion of her clothes must stem from her own dislike of flashy revealing clothes in general.

"Uhm.... animal blood, I guess? I don't know what I drink, to be honest with you," she responded, strolling leisurely at the woman's side, "Usually, someone just brings me a glass of warm blood, that's all." She didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with the mention of killing someone though, or at least, it didn't seem to shock her. "Reinforcements? That's not a problem, humans are never a proble-ah!" she gave a small cry of shock when she was grabbed.

Mystery looked surprised more than anything else, it wasn't as if she actually needed to breath much. Still, the sudden aggressive action startled her. She did seem uncomfortable with someone being so close to her face, though.

"M-me? I don't know what I am!" she insisted, her hands up in defense. "My Momma is a vampire but I dunno anything else! And I-I guess the fools were just scared of me, cuz I can move so fast and everything," she explained, gently trying to pull Fiona's hands off of her.

Anonymous

Fiona glared at the girl a little longer before dropping her in the snow. She seemed to be telling the truth. 'I'll hunt then. Unless you'de prefer human blood.'

She looked around the corner and stepper into the house very slowly, maing sure nothing was there to trip over or fall on her. She removed and shuffled drawers and cupboards until she found a good enough knife and an old coat. After checking the door once more she went outside and looked down at the girl. 'Come with me, if you won't wear the dress, wear this coat. It should keep you warm.'

She strode away from the house. She was in no mood for talking. She thought about the girl. The girl was strong but no where near srtong enough to kill all the Idiots that were after Fiona. The girl would first have to learn to kill, hunt and take care of herself, the girl obviously knew too little about the outside world to be of any real use.

She got to the edge of a farmyard without much difficulty and searched for a smaller animal, preferably a piglet or a small lamb. She found the barn and snuck in, waving for the girl to hurry up. Why had she taken in the girl? It's not like there was anything in it for her and eventually they would have to go to a circus. There were Idiots at circuses. Nomoatter what the girl said, Fiona doubted she would be able to kill one of her own circus freaks.