Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost Little Stray...(private)

Started by Anonymous, May 03, 2008, 06:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Calim and Fiona were panting. Fiona from trying to pound at Calim's back and Calim from running so far. Calim put her down and looked at her with a mixture of pity and sadness. She glared back at him and tried to scowl but ended up starting to cough. All she could do was glare with open loathing back at him.

He silently pulled out one of his own handkerchiefs and began wiping her face. She spat at him and the spit turned to green gloop. Calim wiped it off with his sleeve and started humming softly.

'G-get awwwway.'

He put his finger to her mouth to try and get her to relax but she battered the hand away. He tried to ignore her weak punches and unwrapped the cloths that were binding her. Once he was finished and she was back in nothing but her underpants, he pulled off his shirt and put it over her. Her body was so cold, there was only one thing that would warm her entirely.

He pulled her into his arms and hugged her.

'Y-y-you foul Id-iidi,' she snarled. If Fiona had had any control of her Idiocy right now, he would have copped the brunt of it. All she could do to protect herself hoever was try to push him off. It scared her that she could be so weak. She began to feel dizzy from the effort of fighting and finally went slack in his arms. When she was strong enough, she would leave him and the girl. They could find Mystery's mother by themselves. She wanted nothing to do with them. For now though, she needed sleeeeeeeeee...

Calim looked down when Fiona went slack. She looked so tired. He was her take a few deep breaths bore her head lolled to the side. She fainted. He tapped her cheek and she didn't wake.

'Lioness stalks the nighttime,' he said in a worried tone. She's fainted. When he remembered that Mystery couldn't understand him he wrote what he meant in the snow, along with can you carry her

Calim sighed and looked down at Fiona. Now we are in the same situation. Even if you did not mean it, you have turned the child and me into the Idiot's prey. He staggered to his feet and tried to pull Fiona's limp form with him.

Anonymous

Calim and Fiona were panting. Fiona from trying to pound at Calim's back and Calim from running so far. Calim put her down and looked at her with a mixture of pity and sadness. She glared back at him and tried to scowl but ended up starting to cough. All she could do was glare with open loathing back at him.

He silently pulled out one of his own handkerchiefs and began wiping her face. She spat at him and the spit turned to green gloop. Calim wiped it off with his sleeve and started humming softly.

'G-get awwwway.'

He put his finger to her mouth to try and get her to relax but she battered the hand away. He tried to ignore her weak punches and unwrapped the cloths that were binding her. Once he was finished and she was back in nothing but her underpants, he pulled off his shirt and put it over her. Her body was so cold, there was only one thing that would warm her entirely.

He pulled her into his arms and hugged her.

'Y-y-you foul Id-iidi,' she snarled. If Fiona had had any control of her Idiocy right now, he would have copped the brunt of it. All she could do to protect herself hoever was try to push him off. It scared her that she could be so weak. She began to feel dizzy from the effort of fighting and finally went slack in his arms. When she was strong enough, she would leave him and the girl. They could find Mystery's mother by themselves. She wanted nothing to do with them. For now though, she needed sleeeeeeeeee...

Calim looked down when Fiona went slack. She looked so tired. He was her take a few deep breaths bore her head lolled to the side. She fainted. He tapped her cheek and she didn't wake.

'Lioness stalks the nighttime,' he said in a worried tone. She's fainted. When he remembered that Mystery couldn't understand him he wrote what he meant in the snow, along with can you carry her

Calim sighed and looked down at Fiona. Now we are in the same situation. Even if you did not mean it, you have turned the child and me into the Idiot's prey. He staggered to his feet and tried to pull Fiona's limp form with him.

Anonymous

"Yeah, sure I can carry her," Mystery said, giving a small guilt-ridden attempt at a smile. Poor Fiona... and Mystery couldn't help feeling it was all her fault. Sure Fiona had been irate before, she had been in the middle of a break down with Calim... but it was Mystery listening in that made the women snap and storm off...

Suddenly, a warmth against Mystery's leg startled her, and she drew back back her arms, not yet ready to take Fiona.

"Hold on a sec," she said apologetically, hiking up her dress with almost no hesitation at all, until she could see the hem of one of her long pink leggings. Reaching inside, she pulled out a tiny pink trimmed mirror. The glass seemed to be flashing slightly. "H-hold on, I need to take this..." the girl hurried away a few steps, making sure she was out of earshot before she answered the call.

Calim looked between them; Fiona passed out in his arms and the little oddly dressed girl... he hated to imagine all the trouble that loomed ahead for the pair of them.

Mystery returned a few moments later, tucking away the little mirror.

"That was one of the people from the Dark Circus... They know where my mom is... she was just at an inn in Thanatos," there was something guilty in her voice. Mystery reached out and carefully took Fiona, shifting about until the women was resting on her back, piggy-back style. Mystery seemed to be able to hold her with no effort at all.

"So, uhm... where can we go to help Fiona?"

Anonymous

Calim watched Mystery take the stange call. It was an interesting device they used to keep track on people and communicate with them. He wondered if Princess had one too. Probably not.

When asked where they should take Fiona, Calim wrote out: anywhere away from Hyoite. Until Fiona was well enough to make her own - rational - decisions, they would have to just lay low and hope that none of Fiona's Idiocy gave them away.

Fiona forced herself to consciousness. Her vision was swimming and she felt hot. Where was she and where were her clothes? Why was everything so white? Why was she on someone's back?

Hyoite. She was in Hyoite.

Calim was looking at her and the girl. The girl had spied on her, they had followed her. They had... helped her. Now she was stuck being carried like some dead body by a girl ten years younger than her.

'I don-I don't,' she couldn't get the words out, it just took too much effort. She had been trying to say that she didn't want help or them. She placed her head back down and closed her eyes. Everything hurt, her pride was the worst affected though.

Fiona tried to push herself off Mystery but but Calim was behind her. She hissed but allowed him to stabilise her. Calim let out a sigh and frowned. He would have started humming lullabies but she probably wouldn't have appeciated it. She was at least slightly calmer and he didn't want to jeopardise that.

Anonymous

Mystery read the words in the snow, shutting her eyes in concentration. "If anywhere is good... how about Thanatos? I need to go there anyway..." she chewed her bottom lip in worry, unsure of what she would actually do once she got there. She knew the Circus wouldn't treat Princess and better then the Idiots treated Fiona... yet, she still wanted to find her mother, regardless of what happened after that. Mystery was so worried she hardly noticed as Fiona began to struggle.

"W-whoa, careful, d-don't make me drop you," she said, shifting her weight as Calim came up behind her, and attempted to help steady them. "Fiona... I'm sorry," she murmured, looking over her shoulder at the collapsed woman with soft, pleading eyes. "I didn't mean to listen, it's just... you really remind me of my mom, so..." she trailed off, looking sadly at her feet. "I'm really sorry... I can take you anywhere you wanna go... I'll even leave you alone after that, if that's what you want... I just wanna make it up to you..."

Anonymous

Calim nodded. He wasn't exactly sure where fiona would want to go, she usually didn't tell him much for both their sakes. While he still followed the Idiot's way of life, it was best that he knew less of her movements and plans. Once she settled from struggling he stroked her hair and whispered to her. He talked about all the good times they had had together, all the pranks that Fiona had pulled. She nodded and relaxed. They needed to get her somewhere warm.

Fiona hung her head on Mystery's shoulder. The girl wasn't that bad really and she had come back for her. She tried to talk again but all that came out was a rasping noise, which set off another bout of sneezing. The snow around the group swirled and turned yellow. It fell to the ground in the pattern of a bladder on a stick.

'Don't eat the yellow snow,' Calim warned. Don't go near that stuff. He stepped around the snow and indicated that Mystery should step where he stepped.

Fiona continued sneezing as Calim showed the way. One sneeze sent out a large red blob that attached to Mystery's dress. Fiona tried brushing it away but it was stuck fast. She tried again and it grew bigger.

Anonymous

Mystery smiled a soft tiny smile as she listened to Calim speak to Fiona; it seemed the woman had had some good times earlier in her life. It saddened Mystery that now things were such a mess for Fiona; sure she was rough around the edges, but she was a good person. She didn't deserve all the trouble she got.

She was more then a little relieved when Fiona relaxed against her shoulder; even though she didn't speak, Mystery got the feeling that Fiona wasn't as irate with her as she had been. She wobbled a little at the sudden fit of sneezing, but managed to stay on her feet. The pattern on the snow was interesting and she had the most persistent urge to poke it with her foot, but did as Calim said and shuffled around it.

"W-what the heck is that?" she asked as Fiona tried brushing away the odd red blob that was stuck to her dress. It seemed to be growing. The sight of it panicked her; what if it kept growing bigger? She grasped it in one of her oddly long fingered hands and attempted to pull it off, but it stuck to her glove instead. Mystery wondered what would happen if no one could get it off; maybe someone at the circus knew about idiocy magic-?

The Circus! She hadn't thought of it until just now! Trying to keep her voice steady, and ignore the swelling red thing stuck to her glove, she said "H-hey, how do you two feel about coming to The Dark Circus? We can go right now! I can blow my Panic Whistle and someone will come get us. It's warm and Fiona could rest... Plus, when we leave, we can be dropped off anywhere at all. It's kinda hard to explain but... The Dark Circus is kinda on a different plane, so... it can take you anywhere. What do you think? You wanna go?" she looked between Calim and Fiona. "A-and will someone please get this red thingy off my hand?" she added nervously.

((OOC: Sorry about the slowness >_< *points to signature*))

Anonymous

Calim got out of the pattern and watched as Mystery moved where he had stepped. She moved very well, she must have been a great asset to her circus. It was strange how they had let her leave. Perhaps her masters were like the Village Idiots Asscociation and had many performers at their disposal. Calim was sure glad he wasn't required at the moment, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to see Fiona again. She should have visited more often.

H-hey, how do you two feel about coming to The Dark Circus? We can go right now! I can blow my Panic Whistle and someone will come get us. It's warm and Fiona could rest... Plus, when we leave, we can be dropped off anywhere at all. It's kinda hard to explain but... The Dark Circus is kinda on a different plane, so... it can take you anywhere. What do you think? You wanna go?

Calim hesitated unsure as to what he could do and not have fiona throttle him later. Idiots were everywhere in the world so going to a circus may not be the best thing. On the other hand, it didn't seem like the place to employ them (not that he had much to go on). He nodded. Right now, her health was more important.

He placed two hands around the red ball of gloop and wrenched it off with all his strength and weight. He fell backwards and tumbled into a backwards sumersault before rising back to his feet - all in one movement. The red goop stuck to his hands so that he couldn't pull them apart. Fiona would probably be able to remove it but she was in no state to do anything. She looked like she was forcing herself to even stay awake.

Fiona sneezed loudly and blood splattered from her nose. It started changing colours and she groaned. 'My head,' she murmered, it came out slurred and probably didn't make much sense. She started sneezing again and almost - almost - started crying. She clutched hard against the girl's clothing until the pain passed. Music started playing but it was distorted and Fiona was not entirely sure if it was hallucinating or whether it was real. Either way, the music was annoying.

Anonymous

Mystery waited until the strange red blob was gone before doing anything else; she felt paranoid the thing might keep growing and growing until it squished her completely. She smiled greatfully at Calim as he pulled it off, then reached behind the blue carnation that was pinned to her shirt. From behind it she pulled a bright gold whistle.

The sudden fit of sneezing near knocked her off balance; it wasn't so much the motion, but the heavy smell of blood. Her eyes unfocused and her mouth watered, but she tried her best to stay focused. She could feel Fiona clinging to her shirt, and knew she couldn't let her down. Trying her best to stay focused, Mystery brought up the whistle and blew. A sharp piercing whistle cut through the icy air, and suddenly a dark purple spiral appeared right before them. The oily smoke spiraled and glittered, the portal swelling in size until it grew big enough to walk through.

Then, from inside the portal came a rough masculine voice, "Mystery, you got the run away?"

"Not yet Pyro, but I know where she is. It will be quicker to take the Circus there anyway-"

"Ring Leader says you're not allowed back 'til you find her-"

"I know, I know, but I have some friends here I want to give some guest passes to."

"Guest passed?" suddenly a man poked his head out of the portal. He looked thin and wore a ninja mask decorated in glittering cut outs of fire. "You never give those out."

"I know, but I wanna," Mystery gave her best 'innocent girl' smile to the door man, "Pleeaase?"

"Oh... alright, but if Ring Leader asks, you tell him Frost was on duty, I ain't getting my ass in trouble, got it cutie?"

"Yessir!" Mystery chirped. The man in the ninja mask vanished and Mytery adjusted Fiona on her shoulders, turning to give her a warm, if not slightly strained smile. "We're taking you somewhere warm now, okay?" she looked up to Calim as well, "Come on, you're coming too." With that she turned and walked inside. There was a bright purple flash, and suddenly the trio was standing on the outskirts of what appeared to be a huge midway. Games and carnival tents dotted the grassy ground, but above them there was no sky, only darkness.

"Come on, my room is this way..." Mystery said, heading towards a close by tent with soft billowing pink walls, and black lacy ribbons.

Anonymous

Calim was amazed at everything happenning around him. The Village Idiots Association had excellent showmanship and had a knack of popping up anywhere but this was fascinating. If he was able to return to them after this, he would definately have to recommend a meeting with the Dark Circus. It would make things a lot harder for Fiona though, it was already a struggle for her to stay one step ahead without having the Idiots able to teleport to wherever they thought she might be.

The thought seemed to occur to Fiona to because she began to struggle. Any circus was dangerous in her mind. If they found out what she was they may just ask the Idiots if they could hire her. She did not need another troupe wanting her services.

He reached out an arm and held her shoulder in a tender manner. He let go and stepped through the portal.
_____

She did not care how warm the place was, she just wanted to be left alone so she could go back to making her own way independantly.

Fiona felt Calim on her arm and began struggling. How badly she wanted to badly she wanted to box his face right now. As if this wasn't humiliating enough without him fawning over her. She needed to get away but she could not even lift herself off the girl's back or fall over. And the singing! It was getting louder and more high pitched, it was as if some eerie little girl was screaming inside her brain. The words began to slur and stretch into one another. She guessed she was losing either her sanity or her consciousness. She could feel blood from her nose running towards her mouth and mixing with drool. She struggled to wipe it away then let her head sink back to Mystery's shoulder.

Bright lights began swirling around her along with Idiocy symbols: the scepter, the bladder on a stick, various juggling equiptment and the grotesque masks that seemed fashionable.

'Fiona? Fiona?! Where are you?'

She felt hard stone flooring beneath her and looked up. She was lying on her belly dressed in a bumblebee costume. She stood up and ripped the wings off. The movement made little bells about her body start to jingle and she ripped them off as though in a frenzy.

'Fiona, I can hear your thoughts. Where are you, my little bumblebee?

Fiona stood stiff and looked around the room. She was in her old dorm room back at the Idiots School. There was a little girl standnig behind the door with a book in her hand and vivid blonde hair dangling out of place from two, dead-straight pigtails. The girl's breath was coming fast and there was blood on the book.

'Come now Fiona, don't you want to come see Calim.'

The adult Fiona knew where this was going to go, the boy outside had just given an impromptu demonstration of how Idiocy could go wrong and Calim had been the victim. The blood on the book was the boy's. She had once used a book to attack a senior.

'Still worried about Calim? It's so thoughtful of you to care for that gay. Come out and get him. He needs you again.'

The boy wasn't really reading the little Fiona's mind but when you were a child, anything seemed possible. The little girl came out from behind the door and slipped out into the hallway where hte boy was calling from. His nose was bleding and he had an insane grin on his face. On the floor Calim was supporting a broken arm and a green, swollen head.

'Bumblebees have wings to fly with!' shouted Calim. It was his pet name for her when they were young, because she always told stories about flying away.

The adult Fiona watched as the child Calim was turned into a bouncing ball and kicked down the hall. The child Fiona made to run after him but was stopped by the older boy. The adult Fiona gripped her fingers then lunged at the boy. She fell straight through him and landed on the far more solid floor. The child Fiona glared up at the boy, twitching as she fought off his attempts to turn her into a black hat with a rabbit inside. Her arm turned black and felt like velvet before going back to normal. Little Fiona was stronger, even if she was less trained.

'Turn him back!' child Fiona shouted in a cute little nine-year-old voice. She could stop the boy from doing any Idiocy to her but she still didn't know how to do Idiocy to others. A bucket of red goop fell from the ceiling at the boy, who stepped out of the way and laughed. That was all the little Fiona needed to bolt after the bouncing ball. Adult Fiona was dragged behind, she could not leave the parameters of the memory.

Calim looked at Fiona, she was red and sweating. Her head was lolling from side to side and she was murmerring something.

Anonymous

Mystery felt her strength wavering; she had been working so hard, frighting hard too, and the smell of warm human blood was beginning to make her dizzy. She hardly managed to hold Fiona up this time as she began to struggle. The girl almost lost her footing, stumbling through the door of her pink tent.

Inside the floor was lined with black and pink oriental looking rugs, the space lit with gold and green lanterns that hovered in the air. There was a small bed concealed behind transparent purple curtains, and a small vanity table clustered with different jewelry. Lastly there was a chest overflowing with clothes, and just above that a shelf lined with various masks, almost the same as the one Mystery wore to hide her face.

"Here we go Fiona," Mystery said, her smiled strained as she tried to hide her hunger. She had never resisted so much before, but she just couldn't hurt Fiona again. If she let go and attacked with Fiona in such a weak state... well, she didn't want to think about that. Mystery and Calim arranged Fiona on the little bed and pulled the blankets over her.

"Thanks," Mystery thanked him briefly and wobbled over to her vanity table, repressing a hungry growl. As hard as it was not to bite Fiona, it was harder not to bite Calim. He was healthy, and could easily survive. Mystery shook her head, casting away the thought. When at her table she grabbed two pink cards hanging on silver chains, and tossed them to Calim. "Give one to Fiona, too. Those are guest passes, make sure people can see you have them, so you stay out of trouble. I-I need to go, I-I don't feel so good..." but with that the girl crumpled to the floor, very nearly toppling into her glass vanity table. She missed it though, laying in a crumpled mass on the floor. "Damn... I-I really need.... Calim.... can you get me some help...?" she asked weakly.

Anonymous

The poor girl, for all her strength Mystery was still a child. Fiona was hard to deal with by adults. The girl was either very brave or very stupid to have stuck with Fiona, what could Fiona have possibly done that would make a child want to look after her?

Calim took the chains and put one around his neck then went over to Fiona and placed the other around her. Her went to stroke her cheak, which he found to be fevered and sweaty.

'Turn Calim back,' Fiona murmered.

Calim would have helped her but Mystery collapsed. Calim used a bit of Idiocy to create a partially inflated pig's bladder under her head. It let out a loud farting noise accompanied by the smell of strawberries-and-cream biscuits that Johnathan used to make. He hadn't meant for the smell (which was probably due to Fiona being in the room*) but it was a welcome one.

He bolted outside and started screaming, 'THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! Everybody save the Lioness's cub!' Help, help! Mystery is in trouble.

He had to get to someone important, which meant the most ornate tent or caravan in the place. He found a tralier pulled by two skeletal dragons and began bashing on it's door.

*He thought wrong!
They don't call it loon for nothing.

Anonymous

Reformers lingering between tents and workers in the midway looked up in confusion as Calim shouted for help, none of them quite sure of what he was saying. A few of them looked to the sky, while other glansed in the direction of the lion's cages.

"What's he talking about?" they murmured.

Behind the heavy wooden door quiet shuffling could be heard along with the faintest eerie humming of classical circus theme music. The door creaked open and behind it stood a tall thin looking man, dressed in trim black pants and perfectly polished cherry red shoes. His coat was stripped in thick red and black lines and had tails that reached his heels, and were curled at the very tip. Pale blond hair tumbled in long elegant waves from under his black top hat, down to his shoulders. His eyes were bright sky blue, rimmed in crisp blond lashes. He held a black cane topped in a silver handle, and there was a long cherry red whip hanging in curls on his hip.

"Can I... help you?" the man seemed vaguely confused, his blond eyebrows raising while he lifted one white gloved hand, and tucked a few stray strands behind his ear. His gaze fell to the card Calim wore around his neck. "A guest? Oh my, are you lost?" he stood straight and the shoulders of his jacket sharpened, pointed, the tails of his coat curling into loops. His whip stirred at his side like a lazy half asleep serpent.

Anonymous

The man standing before him could not be anyone other than the Ring Leader, nobody else would dress so finely or ostentatiously.

'The sky is falling! Be warned. Bumblebees ride dark horses while strange sinking sickness!'

Even Calim could tell that nobody was going to understand that. He sighed up at the Ring Leader and rubbed his face in frustration. There was only one way he was going to be able to get this through to anyone.

He shook his fingers and two puppets fell from his hands. Their strings came from the insides of his fingers so they could not be removed without him controlling it. One puppet looked like Fiona. It had straight blonde hair and a scowl on its face. It was wearing a pair of underpants and a jester's hat on its head. He hadn't meant to have a jester's hat on it but he guessed that was because the real Fiona was a Village Idiot*. The second had a big, black ribbon in its hair and half a mask on its face, it looked exactly how he imagined Mystery: a sweet little girl with sad eyes.

He wiggled his fingers and the puppets began to move as though they were alive. Puppet Fiona was running then fell to the floor. Puppet Mystery came and picked up Puppet Fiona, who started struggling and fighting. Puppet Fiona's strings disappeared and was entirely supported by Puppet Mystery. Her puppet went slack and she started murmuring incoherently. Puppet Mystery started running then gently lay Puppet Fiona down. Puppet Mystery's strings disappeared and crumpled to the ground. Calim shook his hands again and both puppets exploded in a poof of pink sparkles.

Calim pointed towards Mystery's tent and began running, waving for the Ring Leader to follow him. If the Ring Leader didn't the performance, he had no right to lead and circus.

*This one is correct.

Anonymous

Oddly enough, the Ring Leader needed no further explanation other than Calim's words. He had understood instantly, however when Calim manifested puppets out of his hands, the Ring Leader was to interested to interrupt. Ah, now that was an interesting trick! At the end of the little display the Ring leader gave a few hardy claps, a thin but impressed grin on his face.

"Yes, yes, I understand," he said as he followed after Calim, the tips of his metal shoes clapping against the ground. He wondered what Mystery was doing back home; the girl knew she wasn't allowed back until she had captured the run away; still, he would reserve judgment until after the whole ordeal was sorted out.

When he entered the little vampire's tent he found a women with blond hair crumpled in Mystery's bed, and the child herself collapsed on the floor. "You poor sheltered thing; don't like taking it from the tap, do you?" he murmured to Mystery, kneeling and rolling the girl onto her back. No sooner had he rolled up his sleeve had she opened her eyes, sat up and latched viciously into his arm. The violent action caused her mask to tumble off but she was in such a state of hunger that she didn't care. Blood dripped down her face, onto the carpet, yet still she did not stop.

The Ring Leader had not even flinched, and the pain did not seem to bother him in the least. He looked from Calim to Fiona, and then asked, "I assume this is the little lamb my Mystery helped out? And who are you?"

Anonymous

The Ring Leader may have been used to vampires but Calim was not. He winced slightly at the vivacity of Mystery's feeding and felt a bit embarrassed that he had left Fiona with her. He watched her feeding, Fiona may be a bit too much for the child to handle. Fiona had got herself out of situations before and she could do it again. It was cruel to bring the girl along too.

When the man looked over to Fiona, Calim instinctively stepped towards her. He immediately regretted it. If Fiona had been awake she would have punched him for trying to defend her. She was stronger than him usually so it felt strange to be the protector. He tried to mask the movement by walking over to her and checking her temperature. She was boiling up and made a whimpering comment about a burst ball. Her clothes were changing as he watched. His eyes widened as he saw the bumblebee suit appear on her, followed by fat, yellow ribbons tied around her wrists and ankles. Their ends moved freely about her and twirled as though dancing. She was having THAT nightmare.

He untied one of the ribbons and pulled at it. It grew longer and longer and longer until he had enough to write on. He looked imploringly at the Ring Leader and held his hand up in a writing position. 'Squirt the ink and the thistle will come,' he asked. Can I have a pen? You wont understand me.

Fiona tossed her head. Damp, sweaty hair hung across her face and stuck to the sweat on her skin. He brushed away the hair as lightly as he could, not wanting to hurt her any more than she already was. He would not be able to protect her like she had protected him long ago when the memory had happened. His hand started turning green and bulbous and air was jetting out a hole in one of his fingers. He moved quickly backwards and shook his hand. Fiona was leaking her Idiocy and turning him into the bouncing ball. He looked down at his hand and saw that it was returning to normal. He let out a sigh and gave a small smile.

OOC: Do you want me to do big posts or little ones, also do you want me to continue with the dream?

Anonymous

((OOC: Sorry for the slowness, I've been staying with a friend of a friend and I dont have my own computer yet ;_; I like longer turns, so feel free to make them as long as you want ^_^ You can continue with the dream if you feel like writing it; it sure would be interesting to know more about what happened!))

The Ring Leader continued to watch Calim and Fiona with an eerily placid look on his face. He smiled faintly, his eyes lighting up as Fiona began to change clothes. "My, my... the pair of you have some very interesting powers, don't you?" he said in a voice of quiet delight. To Calim's question he only chuckled, waving his hand dismissively. "If I can understand some of the raving lunatics that work for me here, I can most certainly understand you. Speak as you usually would," he said. His free hand had settled on to Mystery's head and was idly running through her hair, though she didn't seem to like it much, because odd growls were bubbling up in her throat.

The Ring Leader was hardly paying her any attention, though. An odd childish curiosity lit his face as he saw the strange bubbling transformation of Calim's hand. "Oh my, how interesting..." he said to himself with a little smile. He had never seen the powers of Idiocy before. "Does your friend need anything? She looks rather ill..." The Ring Leader was not usually a caring creature but, these people were fascinating to him. Perhaps he could keep them in his Circus?

Mystery fell backwards with a sharp gasp, panting heavily as the blood dripped down her face. She was quite a mess; hair astray and skin damp with sweat. She didn't even seem to have the presence of mind to put on her mask; she only lay there panting, shaking slightly, her eyes wide and unfocused.

"Silly thing..." The Ring Leader muttered to her as the wound on his arm instantly healed over, leaving not even the smallest scar. "You now my blood does funny things to you..."

Anonymous

'My, my... the pair of you have some very interesting powers, don't you?'

Calim nodded and smiled wearily. He snapped his fingers and he was wearing the same thing as the Ring Leader. In an announcer's voice he boomed out, 'introducing Crazy Calim the Clown and Fiona Foolsfoot: legendary Female son of a Village Idiot. Fiona is renowned across the lands for her brilliant Idiocy and her renouncement of the Village Idiots Association.'

Even in her sleep, the sound of an announcer made Fiona shudder. She gasped loudly and arched backwards so that her belly raised above the bed. Calim groaned and regretted what he'd done, he would have to just trust that he would be understood rather than using tricks. He coughed and his voice went back to normal... or normal for Calim, 'Bumble-. Big Button bring beautiful bucks but braves beatings by bad boards.' Fiona is the best at what she does but it means that our organisation crave her more highly.He had almost called her Bumblebee, which was not good considering what she was about to relive.

'Stones sink Silly Sally so sealions save sausages. Little white mouse tickles the falling sky with its whiskers while Silly Sally slips and slides but Lioness is proud of her Pride.' The Idiocy will destroy Fiona or she will have to return. I try to help but she has too much fight in her, too much distrust.

Calim shook his head. 'Heroes battle winged beasts in the nighttime. Damsels faint at the sight of blood.' There is nothing we can to for her because she is fighting herself and her Idiocy. He reached out for her again but thought better of it, he didn't want to turn into a burst ball. Aside from being embarrassing, Fiona was the expert on how to cure Idiotic injuries. When they were children, she had taught him how to ward off other people's Idiocy but he couldn't remember everything on how to do it. It would be best to wait until she was awake.

'Lioness's cub craves cookies?' Will Mystery be okay soon?

From somewhere on Fiona's body, music started playing. It seemed to be coming from her stomach. It was very quiet at first but Calim knew it would increase. She was probably hearing the same song inside her nightmares. When it got louder he would be able to pinpoint what song it was.

'Enter.'
Little Fiona Foolsfoot was sitting on the ground outside the Dr Funny Bone's office. She had tears running down her cheaks and she was talking soothingly to an innate, squashed ball in her hands. She stepped up and went in, not looking at the rather embarrassed first grader leaving the office. His face was still slightly purple from whatever Idiocy had backfired.

'Not you again. Let me guess, you had to go stopping another demonstration and ruined everything,' groaned Funny Bones. He didn't like Fiona, she was trouble.
'No,' she sobbed. 'I-i-it was Flopsy. He deliberately made his Idiocy go wrong.'
'So why weren't you affected?'
Fiona hang her head. It was well known that Fiona was good, they just didn't know that she was practicing senior defence techniques in her spare time. It was one of the many forbidden things she was doing. She had tried to teach Calim but he just couldn't grasp the idea of using Idiocy to make Idiocy too Idiotic to work.

Adult Fiona started swinging punches through Funny Bones's head. That a***hole let everyone get away with too much. He was always spying on her too, paranoid that she was doing
something wrong.

'Leave the ball Miss Foolsfoot. It will be returned to you when it is fixed.' He had deliberately used the word "it" to upset Fiona. She only had one friend and offending calim was one of the easiest ways to get to her. She turned to leave. As she got to the door she turned and said, 'his name is Calim and it's not our fault he got turned. Flopsy le Mopsy is a *bladder-swindling jerk.'

Child Fiona stood up a little straighter and closed the door a little harder than needed. She moped back to her room, unsure whether to cry or shout out. She ended up burying her head in her pillow and sobbing. Poor Calim. It wasn't fair, he shouldn't have to go through this just because the other sons were too scared of her because she could protect herself, at least against the younger ones. To the older Idiotic students, she was fair game.

*Idiots in Medieval time used a bladder on a stick to thwack people with and made farting noises with them. They were kind of like a balloon, whoopy cushion and soft bludgeon all in one. You could also pull one of the ends and it made funny squeeling noises (like when you pull the lip of a balloon and it squeeks).