Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost Little Stray...(private)

Started by Anonymous, May 03, 2008, 06:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Mystery nodded, keeping a look out for someone who matched Fiona's expression, as if expecting him to pop right out of the blue. "I hope it doesn't take to long to find my mum..." she murmured, mostly to herself, "Do you think your friend will be much help in finding her...?"

Anonymous

'He knows most people on the Foolish circuit. If he doesn't know her he will know someone who will.'

She went over to a sailor that was lying in the dirt. She poked him with her wet foot to wake him, 'you there, I'm looking for Calim the table dancer.'

''E lives wid some lady. Two streets down an' one ter ya left. Third house.'

Damn that Calim, what was he thinking having everybody know where he lived? It was probably so that anyone who needed help wouldn't have much trouble. She sighed and followed his dirrections.

OOC: do you want there to be a fight when they get there?

Anonymous

"He's a table dancer? What's a table dancer? Does he dance with tables?" Mystery asked curiously, trotting along at Fiona's side like a loyal puppy. She was glad they were finding someone who might know where her mother was, but was curious about how a person managed to dance with tables.

OOC: Sure, that would be cool! Sorry I took so long :( I was at Anime North all weekend ^_^;

Anonymous

OOC: Cool! What anime did you see/ find out about? Any good ones? Oh, yeah. The music playing is something everyone can here.

'A table dancer is someone who...'

Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!
I smell the blood of an Foolish man.
Be he 'live, or be he dead,
I'll grind his bones to make my bread.

A voice as clear as day was singing the song in a malicious yet joyful voice, it chilled Fiona to think what it would mean. Like everything that happened to Fiona, this was not caused by someone, it just happened. Fiona stared ahead for a second before looking down at the girl. She pulled her to the wall and crouched down.

'Quick, run down to the house and see what's happenning then come back to me. Do NOT listen to the music and for god sakes, cover that costume!'

Fiona hoped that Calim was okay. She hoped that damned music would stop, it was making her pannicky. She snuck off, back firmly against the wall.

Anonymous

OOC: Oh a bunch of good ones ^_^ I got lots of yaoi manga, and a special addition box set of Neon Genesis Evangelion :3 It was really fun!~ ^_^

Mystery listened curiously for the explanation of what a 'table dancer' was, when suddenly Fiona's voice was cut off by the sound of oddly unsettling music. Mystery's elfish ears folded nervously at the side of her head as she looked to Fiona uneasily, half-stepping closer to her. She couldn't help but give a shocked little "eep!" as she was pulled to the wall.  

Nervous as she was, Mystery gave an affirmative nod, and hurried off to the house. She wasn't sure if the music was getting louder or not, and couldn't help but glance around as she went, trying to see the source of the unsettling sound.

When arriving to the house she stood on the tips of her toes, first peeking into the window.

Anonymous

The music continued, echoing through the streets. A woman opened her window to see what was happenning.

Fiona trod slowly and carefully. She did not want to be seen or caught. Hopefully that girl would be back soon. A waterjug fell from an upper storey window and Fiona kept her mouth shut. This was hard for her and she sorely wanted to scream and swear loudly at the woman who bumped it. She tried to wring out most of the water before the colours began to run. She would easily be spotted if she were wet and covered in fluri-coloured clothes.

Anonymous

(( OOC: I don't know what you were planning to happen when Mystery looked in the window of Fiona's friend's house, you should explain so I know what to make Mystery react too ^_^; Unless there was something else you had in mind and I'm just missing it and being dumb xD ))

Anonymous

OOC: I was feeling kinda bossy so I thought you might want to lead for a while or something. She can see whatever you want her to see.

Anonymous

OOC: You weren't being bossy ^_^ Isn't Fiona's friend one of your characters? Then shouldn't you control him? Mystery is in front of his house, right? sorry, I was just under the impression you were going somewhere with this and had a plan ^_^;;; gah,I hope I dont sound mean or anything xD

Anonymous

OOC: Fiona's friend is an NPC. You don't sound mean at all; I like rping with you. If you want I can tell you to see something but it's entirely up to you. What do you want to see in the window?

Anonymous

OOC: Ooooo I didn't know he is an NPC X_x *feels stupid* errr.... Hm. Perhaps you could just fill in a little what is going on in his house (you made him up, so maybe describe him and what he is doing) and then I'll pick it up and fill in the rest of the details from there? I totally don't mind making up whats going on too, I just wasn't expecting it cuz I didn't know that chara is an NPC xDDD I'm sorry ^_^;; <33

Anonymous

OOC: Well, he's a bit of a clean freak, he cares for Fiona but they are only friends (for now), he speaks in weird words (just put random words then have a translation next to it in italics), he is currently living as a servant for an old lady and dances on tables while singing and doing tricks. I have no idea what's going to happen at the house, there could be nothing, there could be a brawl, there could be stray bursts of idiocy (what happens to Fiona) or anything you can think of.

Fiona waited nervously. What was taking the girl so long? Had something happenned to her. Fiona inched closer to try and see the girl.

Anonymous

Mystery's eyes widened as she watched the chaos behind her little window. There was a huge crowd of men inside, all squirming an in writhing mass, brawling and shouting like animals.

"What on earth on they on about...?" Mystery murmured out loud, watching for a few more moments. She heard some shouting about gold, someone telling someone else to hurry... was it a robbery?!

Suddenly, there was a huge burst of purple glitter, and one of the burly men tumbled clear backwards with a startled shout, his head covered completely by a bright pink pig mask. The other robbers froze in fear, while Mystery simply burst out in hysterical giggles. Upon the table hopped a rather neat and handsome looking man, who was wagging a disapproving finger at the robbers.

"Now now silly swine, venture for sweet slop at other fine shops! Nothing to eat here! Nothing for you queer! There nor here! Be gone, be gone!" he urged. The robbers narrowed their eyes, clearly not amused. Mystery could not help but giggle; this must be Fiona's friend!

The small girl suddenly caught sight of a little lady quivering under the table on which the Fool stood, obviously frightened from the robbers. She frowned, grasping the window (which was locked) and pulling it open, and right off its track. She held the window for a long awkward moment, smiling sheepishly under the gazes of everyone in the room.

"Er... Oops, heh. Sorry lady, about your window, I came here to, to uh... well, I guess first, I should help with the robbers... hehehe...." she gave a quick curtsy to the pair at the table; one under and one above. "My name is Mystery, I'm Fiona's friend."

"You're just a little girl? What do you plan to do to us?" asked one of the robbers, smirking. Mystery frowned.

"Er... I don't know, that depends on one thing," she smiled sweetly, again turning to the pair at the table. "Am I allowed to get blood on the carpet or not?"  

((OOC: I hope thats okay ^___^;; feel free to control the NPCs yourself too <33 also I didnt put a translation because... I though it was obvious what he meant ^_^;;; which was basically "get lost" xDDD ))

Anonymous

Fiona cursed when she saw the girl climb into the window. At least that meant they noise was not made by Idiots... hopefully. Fiona bobbed low and ran towards the window on silent feet. She reached for her knife before realising she didn't have it. Curses! She should have stolen one when she had the chance.

She sneazed and fire came out her nose, burning her nostril hair and setting her clothes alight. She padded them out as she muttered a string of curses. She got to the house and ducked as a pot flew out the window. A second pot flew out and struck her in the forehead. She hefted herself over the window and was knocked forward by something bright, red and squishy. Damned Idiot's genes, there was nothing outside to throw the thing at her. The music was getting to a point where it hurt her ears. How could Calim not hear it? He turned around and grinned at her lying on the floor, 'Do bumblebees like blueberries?' Would you like to help?

Fiona glared coldly at him before kicking a man firmly in the groin. The man convulsed and fell to the floor. She looked at Mystery, 'OI, YOU! NEVER GO INTO A HOUSE ALONE.' She got a whallop on the back of the head with something. It turned out to be a giant novelty pair of underpants. The man holding them looked shocked. 'Big mistake.' Fiona sumersaulted into the air and landed on his shoulders, crushing his neck as he fell.

She glanced at Calim, who still had control of his Foolishness. She muttered, 'thanks,' before turning to the next guy, he was small: too small to kick in the groin. He was holding a knife, Fiona wanted the knife. Fiona got the knife and the man got a mouth full of coloured handkerchiefs. This was going too well.

Calim jumped off the table and came over to Fiona, his arms outstretched. The men who came up to him were assaulted by juggling battons from Calim's arse. Fiona guessed that it was similar to her hankerchief ropes and the juggling balls that came out from her breasts at times. He wrapped his arms around her then fell to the floor, his head resting on Fiona's leg. 'Don't do that again. This is not a social visit. And don't call me Bumblebee again.'

'Frosty the snowman eats the tickle mice,' sighed Calim That hurt me, Fiona before Fiona brushed him off. She went back over to Mystery and put her foot on a woman lying on the floor. She called out to the remaining robbers, 'if you are idiots, speak up now. If you are just robbers get out of here and take your wounded. You are testing my patience.' She pressed her foot deep into the woman's neck to prove her point. The woman gasped and looked imploringly at the other robbers.

Calim got up from the ground and clapped loudly, beaming at Lady Foolsfoot. She glared at him across the room and he shrugged. Fiona tapped her ears and looked questioningly at him. He nodded. He could also hear the irritating music.

Anonymous

Aw, it seemed the Fools could take care of the robbers without her help. Mystery huffed, folding her legs and sitting, watching the fight as if watching a performance. My, that was certainly an interesting place to produce things from... Mystery giggled, applauding for Fiona and Calim as they battled the robbers.

"Yay! Encore, encore! Y-OW!" she yelped as she was whacked in the head with what appeared to be a giant pair of novelty plastic underwear. She rubbed her head, a sheepish smile curving across her lips. "H-heh, I-I just wanted to help, I didn't mean to make you worry, Mommy!" she said teasingly, ducking under a table to avoid any further attacks. Poking her head up on the other side of the table, so Fiona could not reach her, she smiled brilliantly and stuck out her tongue. She paid very little attention to the robbers, who seemed to be packing up their wounded and leaving.  

"Silly humans, didn't expect that much of a fight did ya?" She quipped, grinning wide.

"Monster," hissed one of the robbers. Mystery's smile didn't even flicker, but her ears wilted slightly at the sides of her head, betraying a little sadness. Mystery hauled herself up onto the table and watched the robbers file out, her feet swaying back and forth.

The silence was uncomfortable. She looked to Fiona, gave a slow sheepish smile. "Sorry, I didn't mean to cause trouble... this is your friend?" she said.

Anonymous

'Okay you too, get out from under the table,' said Fiona. It was not unkind but it was also irritated, 'Mystery, help her.'
'Mystery, lioness's cub play spin the bottle with white mouse?' said Calim mystery, is your child a fool like us?.
'No. She is not mine and she is not mine and she is an acrobat, not a freak,' Mystery, this is Calim, he is a freak.'

Calim looked hurt at being called a freak but Fiona ignored him. He had called her Bumblebee. 'Look, we came here for help. You know everyone on the Fooling circuit. Have you ever heard of a Nosferatu called Princess? Mystery, you go ahead and explain. I'm going to find something to change into, this pig piss is disgusting.'

Anonymous

Mystery smiled meekly to Fiona's request, a little shaken by what the robber had said. She slid out from behind the table and padded up to her friend's side, her ears perking slightly at the tips. Mystery reminded herself she was traveling with someone who wanted to help her, and this cheered her up slightly.

She puffed up proudly as Fiona mentioned she was an acrobat, instantly flipping onto her hands and standing on them, her legs hanging over herself in a perfect arc. She smiled proudly, "aaand I'm a singer, and a contortionist too!" she said, lifting one of her hands so she was standing on only one. The hem of her skirt was tickling her stomach a good deal, but she did her best not to giggle; if she did she might lose her balance and fall.

"Hullo Calim!" she chimed in a friendly voice. "Right, I"ll explain... well, see, the Ring Master- he runs the circus I'm from, sent me to find a runaway named Princess. He also told me Princess is my mom... so I'm looking for her, so I can... I dunno, meet her and bring her back to the circus and stuff," she explained, a little shy for some reason.

Calim watched Fiona until she had left to change, blinking in slow thoughtfulness at the emptiness she left behind.

"Er... Calim?"

"Hm? Yes, Lioness' cub? What's the kitten calling?" Yes, kid? What did you say?

"Uh..." she wasn't quite sure what he meant, but she could take a guess. "My mom.... she's really hideous looking and kinda mean, and she's a really powerful Nosferatu. Like Fiona said, her name is Princess.... have you seen her?"

Calim looked thoughtful for a few long moments.

"Ask not the baker before you check the bread; what unpleasantness has the dark one said? No one wishes for a mouse trap," Before I tell you anything, don't you think you should consider how Princess feels? If she ran away, she probably doesn't want to go back. In truth, Calim had heard of a strange being that had recently appeared in Thanatos, who seemed to be able to step through shadows and become invisible. But, he wanted to hear Mystery's answer before he told her anything.

"... huh?" she wasn't quite sure she knew what Calim was saying, and looked around in hopes Fiona had come back, and could help her translate.

Anonymous

'Filthy clothes with pig piss and... OH COME ON! You've got to be joking?!' it probably was joking too. Fiona had gone around the house to a tub of icey cold water and was trying to scrub out the filth accumulated in the short time she'd worn them. They were now brightly coloured and had shrunk to what would be skin tight. She stalked back into the house in her undergarments.

'CALIM! I need normal clothes. Now!' and with that she sat down, nearly naked and fuming. The house's owner came over but Fiona gave her a sharp glare that made the woman step back. 'And you, what were they trying to steal? Doilies?'

Calim looked really upset and turned to leave. Fiona sighed, 'come back Calim. I didn't mean what I said. I'm,' it was hard for Fiona to apologise to anyone, especially Calim, 'I'm sorry I yelled at you.' She massaged her forehead, it was surprising he stuck with her at times really. She looked up and tried smiling at him. It fell flat and looked more like a grimace than anything, 'where would I be without you?'

'A cat cage of donkey dung.' Refers to the incident with the cage Mystery got Fiona out of.
'Ah, you heard about that. Mystery was the one that... helped me,' another thing that Fiona had trouble with was admitting that she needed or had had help. The fact that she had done both admitted help and apologised in one night showed how frayed her nerves were. Calim gave her a worried, slightly distraught look.
'Kitty clings to farting fences?' Is something wrong?
'Not here,' she glanced at the others in the room meaningfully.

Anonymous

"Normal clothes are over rated," Mystery murmured with a playful smile. She beamed at Fiona as the women flopped down next to the table in her underwear, and was unable to repress a little sympathetic giggle. "Poor Fiona, you have such bad luck... you should see if you can find, I don't know... a curse breaker, or something. A Gypsy? A Gypsy could do it. There's lots of them at my circus," she explained.

The small girl watched the exchange of the older two, her ears folding against her head in an odd way that might have implied irritation, or might have implied sadness. She sighed greatly, somersaulting backwards until her feet were on the ground, and she stood.

"No no, don't go wondering off because you don't wanna talk with me around... I'll go, I'll go..." Stupid grown ups, she fumed internally. She was so jealous of them. They seemed to have their own world, grown ups. There own things to talk about that she was not often welcome in on. What was worse, was that Mystery had no parents to at least help her understand adults at all.

The small girl twirled on the tips of her toes, much like an impressive dance move, and said "Come on old lady, you can watch my contortion act!" with that she took the elder lady by the hand, and lead her out of the room. Calim looked worriedly after them, and then worriedly to Fiona. He was unsure of what to say; it seemed as if so many things should be said all at once. So instead of speaking, he let a quiet questioning smile cross his face, inviting Fiona to speak.

Anonymous

Fiona shook her head at the girl but ignored the clothes coment.
'Pregnant hyenas laugh their babies out,' explained Calim.
'He said that this is something we're born with, it can't be stopped. I've already tried,' muttered Fiona, she looked hagard but would not say anything else until the two females left the room.

She waited until she thought they were out of the room and bursted out loud sobs, it was sure to echo through the house and into the yard outside but she couldn't control it. At least the girl would not see her. 'I'm sick of this, I don't want to live like this anymore. Nomatter where I run they can always track me, during the day jesterring happens to me, during the night I am plagued by nightmares and...'

'Dark horses? Fighting the current is foolish. Salmon swim shortly.' Nightmares? Fighting the Idiots like this is dangerous. You want last much longer.Calim blinked and his face turned into a mask of worry. Slowly, fighting this battle would cause his friend to go insane.*'Let little mouse nibble your toes. They eat dark horses.' Let me listen to you. Tell me of your nightmares.

Fiona nodded and drew a breath to try and stop crying. In a monotanous tone she told him about the nightmare she had that night, 'there have been others too. They tried to kill me in one, I woke up struggling to breathe. Can they do that, are they allowed? I don't want to return, not now not ever.' She went back to sobbing again, this time Calim couldn't just stand there. he held her tight and talked into her ear, just like he had when she was a child. She accpeted his shoulder and wrapped her arms around him.

'Little mouse squeeks. Tiger cub purrs. Hold the ladder, it won't break. Be the lioness and take charge of your cub.' I care, your little girl cares. You've got friends who will support you. Call the girl in.

Fiona nodded, rubbed away the tears and regained her composure. It was all just a show, part of being strong was acting strong. F**k those Idiots. 'Girl, get back here!' No sooner than she had said it than she broke into tears again and sank to the floor. This really was the end of her thread.

* Calim isn't insane, he just speaks loon. It is one of the side effects of being an Idiot. Another is foolsfoot, a wartlike disease of the feet.