Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Akkiel Archatia, King of Adela

Started by Tally, February 20, 2005, 11:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

AKKIEL ARCHATIA, KING OF ADELA[/b]

"Bloody hell, I forgot how damned weird this place is!" ~ After an encounter with a little dragon that became infatuated with Akki's hair.

Nobody's perfect
What did you expect
I'm doing my best
~Madonna: Nobody's Perfect

Cool Sword . Named Weapon . Greeneyed Redhead . Warrior Prince

Current Threads:
Yahtzee!!
Making History
Like Vultures To A Fresh Corpse
Completed Threads:
A Well Deserved Day Off
So a king walks into a brothel

Name:
Akkiel Archatia (ar-KAY-shi-a)

Species:
Human

King of Adela

Appearance:
Long red hair, green eyes, and a tall, muscular body.

Weapon:
Akkiel's main weapon is a greatsword called Thorn. The blade is dark crimson folded steel, and the sword is etched with roses. It is magic-forged, and no one but Akkiel can wield it. It will stab long, iron-hard thorns through the hand of anyone who grasps the hilt.

Abilities:
In addition to his superhuman strength and stamina, Akkiel also possesses—or, rather, is possessed by—a power called the Red Rose. He knows very little about the Rose, but recently he has discovered that it is mostly psychic in nature. It gives him powers of telepathy and telekenesis. Also, he has found that what the Rose is most useful for is transforming physical objects and enchanting them with specific powers. He has been able to make transportation gates, for instance, as well as long-range communication devices.  Akkiel was also born with the ability to dreamwalk, and he has prophetic dreams sometimes. Has some latent fire magic in him, but it only flares up under stress and is too weak to be of use.

History:

Personality:
Stubborn, hot-tempered, and sometimes rather crass, being king does not agree with him as he feels far more at home on a battlefield than on a throne. He routinely has to bite back on his usual responses in favor of more kingly decorum, and this is a endless source of frustration for him. His ruthless nature on and off the battlefield has given him a good instinct for politics, though. He's made a reputation with many noblewomen of the court and no few common girls as well.

Dislikes:
Idealism, thieves

Commentary:
Akki was one of my first two characters here at SotE, the other being Kirshna. I created him around the time I was taking a classical literature class and studying The Iliad, so Akki is a direct result of my fascination with traditional Greek heroes like Achilles and Ajax. He's changed a lot over the years, but the conventions of the Greek hero are still there: superhuman strength, a warrior's spirit, and personal interactions with women of godly nature and power.