Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

One Very Lost Prince [open]

Started by Tally, December 11, 2008, 01:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Sadly, it didn't work as well as Lorin might have hoped. Damayanti quickly moved so she was on top of the first layer of blanket as well, arms wrapping around the boy and pressing tightly against the cushion, squeezing it between them, "We need to make sure you are warm. Why are we on top of some of the blankets?"

Tally

Lorin switched when she did, scrambling under the layer of blanket she'd just vacated.  "Look," he said, and he couldn't keep the sharp barb of annoyance from his voice, "I would like to keep a layer of blankets between us.  I'm quite warm, I'm fine."

He wiggled about until his back was to her chest, by far the best option for positioning that he could think of.

Anonymous

"...ooookay." Damayanti didn't feel very convinced, but he had more blankets on him and she gave a nod, curling up next to him, cuddling against him through the blanket. She closed her eyes and let herself drift off to sleep.

She awoke with the rest of the people, becoming instantly awake as soon as the rest of the hut started moving. Stretching, she rubbed her eyes and began to get dressed again, not at all bothered by the nudity, her own or the other people around her.

Tally

Lorin was among the last to rouse.  He poked his head out from under the blankets and tried to find this place and these people in his memory.

"Oh hellfire."  He groaned.  He could barely move.  His whole body was stiff.  "I'm still here."

Anonymous

"Did you think you would be elsewhere?" Damayanti's pale, naked form got a number of odd looks, the scars across her skin were wicked looking and the stitching was still red. Once dressed, she headed over to the fire, where food was cooking. She brought over a plate of the fried meat and a hearty flatbread with a few nuts and winter berries baked into it.

Sitting crosslegged in front of Lorin, Damayanti held out a plate, "Eat?"

Tally

"I had hoped," he said.  His voice croaked out through a scratchy and sore throat.  He caught a glimpse of naked, pale skin when he looked up for Damayanti and hid his face beneath the blankets until she spoke again.

"Aye, thank you."  He shrugged out of the blankets and folded his legs beneath him before taking the food.

Anonymous

Damayanti settled next to him, frowning slightly, "Your voice is bad." She looked puzzled, magic and memories mingling for a moment in her mind, "You are...sick?" She said the word slowly, as if unsure of it.

Tally

Lorin swallowed, and winced.  "Aye, I think I may be."

He cleared his throat and tucked in to the food.  It helped a bit.  "Are they moving on, do you think?"

His head was so clouded.  He could not decide if he should stay with these people or go, head north or south, seek to hide himself or search out civilization.

Anonymous

"They aren't moving just yet. But I'm sure they'll guide us somewhere." Damayanti watched Lorin, nervous at the illness. It made her uncomfortable, confusing warnings wiggling around her mind, "But you have to get well first...please."