Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crash Landing of HMS Chlytia Chan Cacha (Drac/Rhi/Tal)

Started by Anonymous, January 08, 2009, 11:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Bright looked bad, and the closer Devon got, the worse he looked. Devon's stomach did flip-flops as he saw the blood and the smell wafted to him through the scent of fresh rain. But as bad as he looked, at least he was still acting like his usual cranky self? That was a good sign, right? He had to look away as the medic rushed over to him and started to tend to his wounds, feeling like he'd lose last night's dinner if he stared much longer.

And even as he fretted over Bright, there came Coventry's voice, and Devon slowly turned to look at him. He blinked once, twice, and just stared blank-faced at the man, tail drooping, water dripping off his ears and the tip of his nose, soaked and cold and miserable and shook up after an airship crash landing that had nearly killed them all! And after all that, what does Coventry say? What are the first words out of his mouth while Bright lay there bleeding all over?

That he looks frazzled. Frazzled.

Devon ground his teeth, which were starting to chatter, and took deep breaths and counted to ten as he tried to rein himself in and also stop his legs from trembling so much. But could Coventry stop there? Oh no. Of course it got better.

"I have blood all over my vest. Do you think we can keep it from staining?"

Oh.

My.

GOD[/b].

"You have blood on your vest," Devon repeated hollowly, slowly. "Can we keep it from staining." He wiped wet bangs from his eyes, then rounded on Coventry. "Are you INSANE?! We almost DIED! Bright's BLEEDING and you're asking about your VEST? What about HIM?" he shouted, sweeping an arm out toward Bright. "Is he even okay?! Is he gonna live? Why aren't you worried?!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Tally

The medic distracted Bright from Coventry and the business of the crash and he became far to preoccupied with the pain burning through his torso than with his anger.  Devon's ranting was a help actually.  It gave his mind something to focus on while the medic poked and prodded at him.

As per usual, his temper simmered down after the fact and he had to acknowledge the miracle before him.  Yes, the ship had crashed, yes they all could have died, but they hadn't and the rain looked to be taking care of the fire.

He tacked on another item to Devon's list.  "Don't forget that we're now stranded here—wherever here is—without a ship."

Anonymous

Carlisle just stared, his hands were shaking and his arm kind of hurt but he had his hat and a few map scrolls shoved down his coat front. It would be okay. Well, at least some of his things would be okay and Carlisle only stared at Devon and Coventry before he frowned and wondered what was going on.

Before he gasped and then looked around. Oh right they crashed. He came back to himself to listen to Devon bark at the Captain and Carlisle just decided to pay attention to Bright. Devon was fine, if he wasn't then Conventry would surely take care of him or something. But then Bright had to go and comment on them being stranded and all Carlisle could do was crumple down onto his knees and stare at the wreakage.

They were all alone on some strange continent and it was raining, he was pretty sure he sprained his wrist or at least hurt it somehow judging by the ache. Carlisles tail flicked back and forth, irritated and restless. "This sucks." His mouth opened and closed a fewtimes before he simply curled his tail around himself and hugged it to his chest, a somewhat defensive action for when he didn't really feel all that hot emotionally.

"I don't want to be here forever! We don't even know where here is! It's not on any of our maps and I sure as hell can't guide us around if I don't know what's where! I got the compass but that won't really help much when we don't know where anything is." Carlisle was about to ask 'what do we do, Captain' when he remembered that the Captain was, well.. The Captain.

He'd probably say something about relying on him and how because he was a gentleman they'd be fine or they'd get a rescue team or... Something that wouldn't really be helpful. Carlisle managed calm himself somewhat before he went and stood beside Brighton looking down at him before puffing out his cheeks before kneeling down beside Bright, letting go of his tail so it could puff out behind him. "I'm sorry you got hurt Brighton. But you'll pull through, right?" He tried to smile before looking up at Devon and Coventry, "What do we do now? Wait until the fire is out get what we can then make camp while everyone heals?"

Anonymous

Coventry raised an eyebrow at Devon's little fit, giving the boy a look that made it clear that Coventry thought he was the odd one, "Bright? Why would I be worried about Brighton? He's fine. There's a doctor with him. Tish tish tish Devon." Waving his hand, Coventry dismissed the very idea. He couldn't actually understand it. It was like suggesting the sky might start raining candy and flowers.

"You seem distraught Devon. Maybe you should sit down. Really, you get so worked up over such little things Devon. Maybe we can find you some tea." Oh, tea. That sounded lovely. He did hope the fire on the ship went out soon. It seemed to be, as flames were no longer visible from where he was.

"Stranded? Posh! You all seem to forget, I am a Gentleman. We are never lost. This is just a little vacation! New lands to explore and claim for our lovely Queen!" Striking a pose, Coventry beamed at his crew, "Everything is under control. Soon we can get supplies and I shall lead a party with those of use not silly enough to hurl ourselves onto pieces of wood and see what we can find!"

He couldn't wait! A whole new land to explore! The possibilities were endless and there might be natives! Coventry had always wanted to meet natives!

Rhindeer

"Yes, thank you, Bright," Devon said with a faint smile, then whipped back around on Coventry and hissed, "AND WE'RE STRANDED HERE WITHOUT A SHIP! Listen! Not even Carlisle knows where we are, and he's the navigator! How're we gonna get back? How are--"

He cut off, noticing the look Coventry was giving him. He knew that look all too well, that look that tried to make him feel like the crazy, unreasonable, checked-out one.

Even worse? It often worked.

How could he sound so...so...not worried about Bright? That injury had looked pretty bad to him! And everything else? Oh for the love of God. Devon's mouth slowly dropped open, and he could feel a scream bubbling up in his chest with each word that passed Coventry's lips. Tea. Gentlemen. VACATION?! The Queen? Because that's what they should be worrying about right now, of course!

"VACATION?! We crashed! The ship is ruined! Vacations are things you can come back from! They're--augh! I think the crash rattled your brain more than usual!" he finished, throwing up his hands in frustration and turning to stalk over to where Carlisle and Bright were.

He plopped down on the ground next to them and crossed his arms over his chest, trying not to look too sulky and failing. "Where are we even gonna get supplies?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Carlisle simply looked up and he flicked his tail. He hated being wet. It was only slightly less worse than being on fire. It messed up the fur on his tail and damn if that didn't piss him off. His tail was a bitch to brush and he sighed and put a hand on Bright's forehead. Poor guy. Silly enough to get impaled.

A steely glare was shot towards Coventry. That man had to be sniffing something. Maybe his mom was his sister and his aunt, Lion's were weird like that. Carlisle perked up though when Devon started to yell at him. "Pfft, Coventry has fluff. It doesn't rattle in there at all." Carlisle called out with a large grin. He gave his chest a pat to make sure the few maps and his hat were safe from the evil evil rain and he looked down at Bright. "Want to use my tail as a pillow? It's fluffy." his head snapped up when Devon made his way over and he felt his ears droop slightly.

Poor kid. All sulky and what not.

"Well, we're in a forest. We can send a few scouts out to see if this place has people on it or not. We might get lucky! Language will be a problem, but who knows! Natives and all that." Carlisle gave Devon a smirk, "You get to be an adventurer instead of a cabin boy. Isn't that a nice upgrade?" He took a breath and looked around, "If it's too bad we can figure out someway to cut the trees down and rebuild the ship."

Anonymous

Really! His crew seemed to be a bunch of woman! Going all to pieces at the slightest problem. They needed to learn to live a little! Despite the rain, Coventry struck a heroic pose, tossing his hair to remove some of the rain from his eyes.

His hair was plastered down and his clothes were starting to get soaked but he didn't care. Today was a most wonderful adventure! "How long do you suppose we shall have to wait on that fire? Well...nevermind." He clapped his hands, turning to face the crew, "I shall need volunteers! Those not injured will need to help make a camp, others gather food and I and a small party shall go explore! Show of hands, who wants to go with me?"

Rhindeer

Devon shot Carlisle a despairing look. An upgrade? He didn't want to be an adventurer! Being a cabin boy was safe--mostly, if you didn't count Coventry. At least, it was supposed to be safe! No fighting crazy stuff, no drama, just...seeing the world from a very, very safe distance hundreds of feet above the ground. He didn't want to go exploring the thick woods out there and wind up shot full of arrows by some savages who would eat his flesh or something! Didn't that happen in these parts of the uncivilized world? He;d read a book on it once so it seemed likely.

"An upgrade? We're gonna get shot and eaten by natives!" he exclaimed, currently oblivious to the fact that Carlisle was not, in fact, privy to his thoughts. Unfortunately, it seemed like Coventry had latched onto Carlisle's 'scout the forest' idea and just...God, why?

"Not it!" Devon quickly said, crossing his arms over his chest in case his arm might spring up on its own. "I vote we rebuild the ship. I'm not going in there."

Tally

It was curious, but Bright would have sworn the rain over the ship was a lot heavier than that above them.  It was really pouring over there, and great billowing clouds of steam hissed up from the shattered hull.  They'd really made a magnificent disaster.

"Take someone who knows how to fight if you're going out there for goodness sake.  I'm sure we attracted a lot of attention, and it won't all be good."  He growled and then muttered under his breath.  "You'll all get feathered with arrows before you're a mile out anyway."

Bright craned his neck back to have a look at Carlisle's tail.  Hmm.  That was fluffly.  And Carlisled had offered...

"Maybe," he said.  "Yes."

Anonymous

"Really." Coventry huffed, giving his crew a disappointed look, "You have such little faith in your Captain! I would never let harm come to my crew!" The fact that Bright was currently injured was really a minor detail. He hadn't let him die. Really, they needed to have more faith in him.

He was a Gentleman after all.

The lion perked up, tail lashing with delight as a few of the crew raised their hands, "Well, excellent! We shall see what there is too see. Their might be friendly natives! How exciting! I can be the first to mate with one!"

Bright, I leave you in charge!" Coventry managed to forget the fact there was a large hole in the other man, "Devon and Carlisle can help." Placing one hand on the gun strapped to his hip, Coventry posed and gave a confident grin, "Let's go men!"

Turning on his heel, he marched off into the woods, the crew members that had volunteered hurrying after him, most still a little stunned by the recent crash.

Rhindeer

Coventry's announcement had Devon going stock still and rigid, turquoise eyes wide with unfathomable horror.

"Wait! I'll go!" he suddenly cried, and leaped over Bright so he could charge after his captain, cutting through the small group of people that were following. Mate with one? Mate with a savage? Was Coventry crazy?

...Well, that was a stupid question.

Either way, the man was going to get himself and everyone else killed!

He shouldered his way past several other crew members, muttering apologies, until he could fall into stride beside the lion, panting. "I'm coming with you, sir," he repeated.

Anonymous

Leave Bright in Charge?

Carlisle stared down at the wounded man. What the hell! Carlisle was more than capable of moving and Bright was in charge? An obvious grumpy look crossed his features and he went about moving so that Bright could rest against the fluffyness of his tail. Give the poor man something comfy besides a stick covered ground. Probably be bits of wood, too.

The raccoon watched as the Kitties gathered together and how Devon practically leaped over Bright to get to the Captain. Carlisle simply sighed and made sure his precious things weren't getting wet.

"enjoy the natives! Don't get into trouble! Bright and I can't save ya." Carlisle grinned widely before he looked back down at the wounded man. Now, what to do with him.