Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

It Had Been Good Aim. ( Rhi, Pseudonym, Open!)

Started by Anonymous, January 10, 2009, 05:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The minutes before gathering the strength to hold onto Niaaki and Atachii to teleport to somewhere safe were unnerving. It'd been so soon since he teleported Niaaki and himself here that the thought of moving again made him green. He'd do it, and he'd do it now.

Because it's damn cold in the tundra and being from a desert city and enjoying the heat, this was hardly tolerable. After they had gathered their things, Yuuki had placed a hand on both of their necks, his gloved hands cool against their skin and teleported. It was like dying for a second, black, no oxygen, loud silence, cold. Or, rather it would have been cold if they hadn't just been in a goddamned tundra.

They teleported and landed on air, a foot or two above the ground. Yuuki landed on his feet, wobbling backwards and quickly turned around and shuffled a few feet into the bushes before he went down on all fours and threw up any contents his stomach held. The retching continued on for a few minutes, sweat beaded on his forehead and his stomach hurt, he wasn't crying but he had tears dripping down his face. Even after he'd finished retching Yuuki stayed on his hands and knees, panting softly and shuddering, giving the odd breathless sob.

After that, his eyes closed, he crawled backwards and flopped onto his back, panting, pale, cold sweat. Dark blue eyes opened and he blinked up at the blue sky, the green trees and sighed before croaking out and looking up around to see Atachii or Niaaki. " We're... Out of the cold. Don't know where we are though. S..." Yuuki swallowed before frowning and closing his eyes for a moment, "Sorry, Niaaki... And Atachii."

He tried to get up, but before he really could his blue eyes rolled into the back of his head and his spiky black haired head fell back to the ground leaving poor Yuuki uncontious, pale and possibly sick. His breathing was uneven and ragged and if one of them were to touch his forehead he'd have a fever.

Rhindeer

No matter how many times he'd been teleported, Niaaki didn't think he would ever get used to it. It was a frightening sensation, hanging in black, cold nothingness and wondering if you would ever come out of it. It was an irrational fear, perhaps, but a primal one nonetheless and every time they teleported Niaaki couldn't help but wonder if it was possible to get stuck in that place--wherever you went when you were teleporting.

It was a relief when the world came back into view, until he realized his feet weren't on the ground.

"Gyah!" he yelped, flailing as he fell...a whole two feet. His feet hit the ground and he stumbled a little before righting himself, bracing himself against a tree he had landed beside and taking in quick, deep breaths. Warm. The air felt wonderfully warm, at least compared to the icy tundra it did, with sunlight filtering down through gaps in the leaves above. It was a beautiful day here, wherever they were, not a cloud in the sky that he could see. He shivered a little, his chilled body trying to adjust to the temperature change, and tucked Butch under an arm so he could rub his hands together and warm them. So, they were apparently in a forest somewhere--obviously, there were trees all over, and it didn't look like a well traveled one, either, as all the foliage was pristine and seemingly untouched. All around him he could hear birdsong and...

Hacking.

Turning around with his back to the tree, he saw Yuuki bent down on all fours, heaving into some bushes, and he winced sympathetically. Yuuki always got ill whenever he teleported, but it didn't make it any easier to witness. Still a little unbalanced and more hungover than he thought, Niaaki pushed off from the tree and staggered over to Yuuki just in time for the man to flop over onto his back--and apologize? Niaaki shook his head and dropped down onto his knees beside him, dropped Butch onto the ground, and grabbed for one of Yuuki's hands.

"Sorry? What for? Why are you apologizing?" he asked, brow furrowed with concern. His hand felt unusually warm, considering they'd just been out in the freezing cold, and Niaaki couldn't remember a time when he'd seen Yuuki react like this. Vomiting, yes. Feeling icky and weak, yes. Too weak to even get up? Never. He squeezed Yuuki's hand. "Yuuki? Yuu, are you okay--?"

But his head flopped back and he was out, his breathing ragged, and Niaaki grabbed Yuuki's shoulder with his free hand and shook him, then pressed that hand to his forehead, smoothing black hair away from his eyes. "Yuuki? Yuu? Atachii!" He straightened up and cast around for her, then shot her a worried look when he caught sight of her. "Atachii, he doesn't...he feels really hot, I think he may be sick..."

And no wonder, either. They had been taken by drow, drugged, gone out into the bitter cold and been chilled...there was plenty of opportunity for him to catch something. "He never feels feverish after teleporting..."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

Rosamira sensed that something was going on the minute she stepped out of her hut after finishing her noon meal. What was that thud she'd just heard?

She decided to investigate. What she found was two men looking very worried over a third who appeared to be ill.

"Excuse me, gentlemen. My name is Rosamira Mazarin. I have a medium heal spell. May I be of assistance?" She ran her hand through her curly blonde hair and looked concerned. The person on the ground really did look rather... peaked. But she wouldn't use her heal spell unless they said it was all right first. She had learned that while living with the elves. Some people didn't like to be healed without permission.

Anonymous

The dark that they moved through as Yuuki teleported the trio seemed endlessly empty, and for a second Atachii worried that maybe they'd be left there, lost in the emptiness around them. It made her clutch to the nearest body with a vice grip and squeeze her eyes shut as tight as she could possibly get them. After this little trip, she wondered why the hell Yuuki ever did this. At all.

As they were pulled back into reality Atachii only had a moment to peek out from under one eyelid before realizing that she was not standing on anything solid. With a squeak she thudded to her feet, stumbled and feel backward unceremoniously onto her ass. Damn, this was just not turning out to be a very good trip at all. Note to self: Avoid future teleportation with sleepy, stressed, hung-over men. Rubbing at the back of her head with a groan, she managed to get back on her feet and look around for the other two.

"Ow..." The first few steps were wobbly but she got sturdier as she moved forward toward the awkward pair only a foot or two from where she fell, and heard Yuuki's retching. She'd never liked the sound, it made her feel ill herself, made her want to back away an let someone else deal with the sick person. But, she had a feeling that after what he'd just gone through to get them here, that would be the wrong thing to do to Yuuki.

Kneeling down by Niaaki, she patted him on the shoulder, trying to smile reassuringly, but only making it halfway there.

"It's alright, I just..." She looked back at Yuuki, passed out on the ground, letting her pale hand slip from Niaaki's shoulder to rest on Yuuki's forehead. It took less than a second to assure herself that he did, indeed, have a fever. If it were possible, Yuuki was having the worst day of all of them. Poor bugger.
Moving back a moment, Atachii stripped her heavy jacket off, obviously unnecessary in their newly found warm climate and bundled it up. It had to be better than the ground. Carefully slipping it under Yuuki's head, she turned back to Niaaki.

"We can't do much besides wait for his fever to break," she said, leaning back on her feet. "I can keep him more... Comfortable, but, it's kind of something the body just has to do on its -"

She stopped when she heard a voice from behind, snapping her head around to see where it had come from. A woman stood there, hand in her hair, watching them. ... And, did she just call them gentlemen? Atachii knew she wasn't the picture of beauty after the couple days she'd just had, but, weren't pregnant woman supposed to have some sort of feminine glow or something? A radiance, hell, she didn't look that bad did she? Peering around the woman, she spotted the hut, and looked back at Yuuki. It probably wasn't best to leave him just lying here on the ground.

"...I'm Atachii," her smile showing slightly. "I dunno how much healing will do for him at this point, but, it would definitely help to get him out of the middle of the bushes."

Atachii smiled, a friendly gesture, and stood to face the woman, Rosamira. They must have been quite a sight, the three of them, dishevelled, weary and one of them passed out in a bush.

Anonymous

Rosamira nodded. "Take him to the hut, if you can. That will work best." Then she realized that the voice she heard belonged to a woman and not a man. She had noticed Yuuki and Niaaki, but not Atachii. "Sorry, ma'am, I didn't see you there." She saw Atachii's glow and looked slightly concerned for her too. "You're pregnant, aren't you? And if you landed as hard as these gentlemen did, it would be best if you sat down and had a rest. I hope the hut is empty," she said. "But in any case... we need to get him away from the bushes. Can he walk or will he have to be carried?"

Rhindeer

Niaaki frowned and sat back on his heels. Atachii was right, but that didn't stop him from worrying. He opened his mouth to ask if maybe they ought to find a stream, put a cold cloth on Yuuki's head, but another voice cut in and he whipped around to look.

Another woman. He hadn't thought anyone would be living out here in the middle of nowhere. Er, if out here was the middle of nowhere to begin with. Sure they were in the woods, but for all they knew, they could be right next to a village.

Never mind that, though. This girl was offering healing and a room. The trick was getting Yuuki there.

"He's unconscious," Niaaki blurted, eyebrows raised incredulously. "Of course he has to be carried." And that wasn't going to be easy, with Atachii pregnant, Niaaki shorter than some women and weaker besides, and Yuuki an inch or so past six feet and made of solid muscle and not much else.

Niaaki sighed and massaged his temples. Right. No use being snappy at the woman that was only trying to help; if anything it was just misdirected anger. Niaaki was tired, stressed, and now worried about his friend and that made him a little terser than intended. He paused long enough to collect himself, watching Yuuki's face for any signs of waking up, and then looked back up at Rosamira and bowed his head politely. Manners, right. He had lost a lot of them after running with Yuuki for so long; maybe he had given some of them to his friend.

Yeah, right.

"Thank you, m'lady, and I'm sorry if I was short. This...has been a long day." To put it lightly. He brushed some hair back from Yuuki's face, frowned down at him one last time, and then stood up and dusted off his knees. He bent down to scoop Butch back up and went on talking like he wasn't holding a raggedy old doll. No use calling attention to it. "We would appreciate the assistance, and any healing you have to offer. Although...Atachii may be right. I'm not sure how much good it will do against a fever." His own healing couldn't fight a cold nor could it ward off poison. It could work miracles on a gash, though. But he decided not to tell the woman he had magic at all. If he could avoid using it, he did.

"I think what he needs most is rest." All of them did. "Ah...as for getting him to said hut..."

Well, balls.

Niaaki was the only man here--well, the only man that was conscious--and it would kill his pride if the ladies dragged Yuuki in. With a long suffering sigh, Niaaki held Butch out to Atachii. "Hold him, please. I, ah...I'll bring him in."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa