Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Somewhere Over The Snowbank [kiss of d.]

Started by Anonymous, February 20, 2009, 06:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

At the mention of the incident, Clavott winced slightly, picturing the sight in his head. She slaughtered an entire village? He cast a sideways glance at Esther. She didn't seem at all like one who would do such a thing, on purpose, at least.

Welcome to stay? He looked around the room curiously. It was warm and comfortably, and nicely furnished. It was more lavish than his room, at least. He smiled at Esther. He wished to know more about this elf. "If you don't mind.." He hovered at the doorway, a little shy.

Anonymous

"i do not mind. and i know that you are thinking that i killed my villiage. am i correct?" she asked and walked over to her table and sat down in one of the chairs. "please come here and sit down."

she smiled softly at his actiona and hoped that he didn't fear her for any reason.

Anonymous

Clavott blinked, then strolled into the room slowly, closing the door silently behind him. His eyes never leaving hers, he sat opposite of her at the table.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" He paused, very curious now. "What happened?" he asked, innocently enough.

Anonymous

she smiled slightly and watched as he closed the door and crossed the room. his eyes seemed to never leave hers, nor did hers ever leave his.

then she dropped her gaze and started to speak, "I't is alright. I will tell you what happened." she paused and took a deep sigh as if it were painful to remember, then she continued, "when I was about 13years old or so, I was told that i would restore peace between a village that attacked us often. i was told that I would be marring the leader's son. My brother didn't like the idea one bit. But who could blame him. I was concidered my village's most beautiful girl, and my brother was protective of me. so, when the man came to clame me. my brother, my dear sweet brother, attacked him. They fought for what seemed hours. And soon they both were in a nother place. they had killed eachother. The man's father was angered and killed everyone else in the village, except me. I remember his last words to me, he said, 'I am leaving you alive. So that you can remember what you have done.' i ran into the woods and lived there. And now here I am." she took a deep breathy and kept her gaze to the table. a single tear rolled down her cheek then dropped to the table.

Anonymous

As Clavott listened quietly to her story, he felt an overwhelming sorrow grip him. This beautiful elf woman, sitting so near him, had such a completely different life, different experiences. A mixture of guilt and pity rose within him; guilt that he should have such an easier life and pity that such a travesty should ever happen to a woman so pure. After a pause, he leaned forward, and with a single, soft touch, lifted away the trail of that solitary tear on her cheek.

Only after doing so, did he seem to notice he had been a little innappropriate. His father had always punished him for treating people of higher status like ordinary people- but he could not help himself. All were equal, in his eyes. Still, feeling a tad ashamed of himself for forgetting this, he sat back in his chair and rest his arm on the table.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly, both for the action and for her story.

Anonymous

"for what. the story that I have just told or you lifting away the tear? either i do not mind. the story is my past, that i must leave behind. Thank you." she said softly and looked around slowly.

soon after she looked back at him and asked, "What was your home like?" she cocked her head to the side slightly.

Anonymous

Clavott perked up at the question, knowing the perfect answer.

"Well.. It had wheels."

With a bright smile, he explained. "I grew up on a caravan, really. Moving from town to town. My father- he was a merchant. He and his merchant group, they.. they found me on the road when I was young, and, not sure of where I had come from, they took me in as their own. I just played music for them on the long roads."

Looking down at his hand, Esther's tears still glistening upon his index finger, he pressed three fingers down up on the table. A few notes, a chord from a nonexistant piano, played out into the air; and when he lifted his fingers, the sound vanished.

"It's.. natural, for me." He continued to press down upon the table as though it were a piano, his fingers traveling up and down the keys that were not there. A soft, sweeping lullaby.

Anonymous

"oh. wow." she said amazed that he could creat music just with his hands and fingers. "you have no idea where you came from either then."

she sat back in her chair and gently closed her eyes listening to the music that he was playing.

Anonymous

(OOC: For an idea of what he's playing, try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AC47QeO ... re=related )

Suddenly feeling the music flow through him, just as it had in the snow covered clearing earlier, Clavott's hand began to travel faster, more smoothly. He raised his other hand from his lap, accompanying the melody softly. Like the gentle falling snow outside, or the warmth of the fire inside, he played.

He looked up over his hands, toward Esther. As though reading her soul, he let her own story play through his fingertips- and it was heartbreaking. Each note anticipated the next delicately. He slowed, then stopped, wishing to say he was sorry.. but the words couldn't fall past his lips.

Anonymous

she reopened her eyes when he stoped and smiled gently at him. "That was beautiful." she smiled and looked out her window where it was snowing lightly. she looked back at him and asked, "Would you like anything to eat or drink?"

She stood up and waited for his reply.

Anonymous

"Oh.. A water might be nice.." Clavott stood to help her, and was welcomed with a dizzying rush to the head. He stumbled slightly. He hadn't realized how much magic he had just used, and was now feeling the repercussions. The violin in the clearing, and now the piano- it made his limbs shake.

With a shy smile, he sat back down, slowly this time. "Sorry," he muttered for the multiple time that night. "A- A water, if it's no trouble?"

Anonymous

she smiled softly as he replied that he would like water and went to walk from the table to fetch it. her expression suddenly changed when she saw that his limbs shoke lighly, and then he sat down.

"'Tiz not trouble at all." she said softly and grabbed two glases and a pitchure of water. she placed them both upon the table and poured them both a glass. she then placed the pitchure down onto the table and sat in her chair, giving him his glass and then taking hers.

"So. what do you do for fun?" she asked trying to start a conversation.

Anonymous

"Thank you." Clavott slid a hand casually across the table and grasped the second glass, feeling pleasantly cool. At her question, he took a sip, and replied, "Can't you guess?" placing one hand on the table and trilling a note with two fingers.

"Music.. is really all I have." He was watching his glass now with mild interest, not truly watching the water or the slight frost on the cup. "It's all I've ever had, really, and.. All I ever will have, probably." He traced small designs on the frosted glass, before looking back at Esther.

"I'm sorry. I'm not very interesting." He smiled apologetically. "What of yourself?"

Anonymous

"no it is fine. i am of no intrest myself." she said with a slight laugh and watched as his fingers made noise. her gaze then went back to his eyes as she spoke, "I am usually out riding my horse, but in a storm i try not to." she missed her horse and relized that she would have to find her soon.

sighing she stood up and walked to the window. she leaned against the wall and whispered gently, "Laiah, where are you?" she looked out the window with her elven eyes to try and find her horse, but since it is white she could not.

Anonymous

Clavott watched her curiously, and followed her gaze through the window, staring unfocused at the hazy white air. Winds had begun to arise from seemingly nowhere, tossing what few people who still remained outdoors like ragdolls. He heard her gentle whisper faintly on the edge of his hearing, and looked at her with an expression of genuine sympathy.

"You're horse.. is missing?" He smiled sadly, as if to offer hope or reassurance. "If that is the problem, I would be more than willing to help you find her."

Anonymous

"yes she is missing. She had went after a stallion and I have not seen her for a few weeks. I would like it very much if you helped me. thank you. we shall go when the wind dies down and the storm is over." she said gently coming away from the window.

she sat back down and started to laugh lightly. "she is pure white and will blend in."

Anonymous

Clavott groaned, a bit playfully, reaching his hand up to run his long fingers through his hair. "Wonderful. Maybe if I played her a song, she might come out?"

He watched Esther for a moment, then smiled, somewhat bashful. "Thank you. I.. I haven't had company for a long while. People don't usually care for spending time with the musicians; it's often a song, and then people are gone." His smiled faded slightly, his expression forlorn. "People are like that," he sighed. "Like songs. They come and go."

Anonymous

she smiled softly and spoke, "mabey she will come out with a song. i use to play for her all the time, but then stopped. i don't remember why i stopped." she sighed softly and went to her kitchen counter and retreved an apple form the basket and took a bite. "want one?" she asked.

Anonymous

His eyes brightened. "Play? What did you play?" He stared at the colourful red and green apples in the basket by Esther, and shook his head gently. "And no, thank you." He took a sip from his glass, watching the elf woman over the rim of the cup.

Anonymous

"i use to play the flute as well as the violin." she said softly and smiled. she bit into the apple. munching slowly on it as silence filled the area. her bites became slower. then she started to laugh for no reason.

when she had stopped she placed the apple core in a small cloth bag and sat down at the table, her eyes never left him.