Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stumbling Through the Woods. (Ric, open) [Finished]

Started by Anonymous, February 23, 2009, 03:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

*He suddenly appears stumbling out of a gateway of light in a tree. He stumbles through a hole in the branches, then falling about 10 feet into a major path, near a village, flat on his face before fainting.

Anonymous

Ric was floating in the nether realm, the nothing between dimensions. Mizer was dead and she had shed tears to remember the man but had since then obsessed with getting out of the nether realm than to let his death fase her ability for rational thought.
However powerless she was in face of the realms winds she would eventually drift until an opportunity to release her imperial dagger spell, to cut trough the fabric of the nether realm and dive into an unknown world presented itself. Finally after days of floating, a change of the nether realms stream blew here away like paper in the wind near enough to cut trough.

Mustering up her remaining strength she used her spell, cutting a hole using a magical energy dagger. A loud tearing sound filled her ear and she could see the right now a bright light from an unknown planets sun blinded her as, the forces of gravity greedily latched itself to her body, anchoring her to the material plane.

From an outsiders point of view it would seem like someone had taken a knife and cut the sky open, a large rift of darkness on the clear blue sky already closing. Ric soared downwards, air catching her hair and playing with her skirt, Yelling out loud cheers of accomplishment as she fell downwards. Her eyes finally got used to the sun, catching glimpses of her landingspot. The forest was perfect; luck was with her today as she prepared a cannonball spell to safeguard her from sustaining injury from falling.  

She hit the ground like a meteor, earth, forest foliage and dust creeping all over the place as the loud crash announced her arrival. Dusting off her skirt and fixing her hair she quickly discovered that she was not alone. A few feet from the destruction of forest peace and tranquillity there lay a man, maybe a hunter considering the bow.

She hurriedly did a superficial examination of his body looking for any injuries before conjuring a handful of water, splashing it on his face. "Wake up, you! The road isn't for sleeping. I honestly thought I had killed someone!" She said angrily when no such wound was found.

Anonymous

"uhh...Where am I? Have I Died? I should have but I must not have because Someone is slapping me and it's hurting," He said before opening his eyes and looking, "I take that back, I must have died or gone back in time, there's a werewolf slapping me. Hey, wait, why isn't she trying to kill me? <Foaling> She Must be able to smell the dragon in me,  Unless, That crazy trap somehow transported me here. It did what it was designed to do, Kill me in my world. I hope those two can make it out alright.</Foaling> Wait, Can you understand me?" He asks as he pushes her hand away and stand up.

Anonymous

"Aye, I do understand you although your dialect is strange." She said, observing his every move, there was something odd in the way he was but she couldn't point her finger or nose at it. "You smell weird for a human."

She stated before touching a growling stomach, looking up smiling in embarrassment she asked if he had anything edible to spare, Her tail wagging hopefully yet silently cursing her cannonball for scaring everything within hearing distance.

Anonymous

"I guess I must not have died If there is stomachs still growl here. Which means the 3rd option is what happened," He says before remembering the "WereWolf". He replies to her questions, "Yes, I know I smell odd, but it's nothing. I don't think you're a werewolf. Also, I do have something to eat, as soon as you tell me your name. Mine's Teraunce," He says as he pulls out a packet of travel rations & holds it out to her.

Anonymous

She was quick to accept whatever food he had, sniffing it curiously before wolfing it down, trying to answer his question in between chewing.

Unfortunately she could hardly be understood speaking with her mouth full so she put an end to the idea, waiting until there was nothing left to eat before bowing deeply "Ric Halcon is the name, kind sir Teraunce.
I am a stranger to this world and quite thankful for the meal."

Anonymous

"Since you are new to this world, I might as well tell you that I am just as new here as you are. The last thing i barely remember is stumbling out of a white light and onto a tree branch before falling through a hole in it and landing where you found me. I don't think any money that i have will work here." He says to Ric, "Let's just follow this path this way. I think i can hear something." He starts heading in that direction.

Anonymous

Pushing hair out of his face, Jaks frowned slightly and adjusted his backpack. Despite the location, he hadn't found anything interesting, not even a weird bowl. Tipping his hat back, the brown eyed young man stared down the path leading towards the city and smirked, well, at least there were people! Even if they looked extremely confused. Must be some poor wayward drunkards or something. "Heeey, wait!"

Jaks licked his lips and moved towards the pair, his hand going to his backpack and his sketchbook tucked under the arm of the other. "Excuse me!" He'd been going towards the city for half a day now, and had no water. He had to run, but eventually he caught up with the pair and panting slightly, the brown hair at his temples stuck to his skin on a light sheen of sweat. "Could either of you spare some water?" He winced slightly and pushed his hat off his head.

Wide brown eyes and long pointed ears made it obvious that Jaks was an elf, his pale complextion and pointed face gave him a bit of a grumpy look, but he smiled at them and looked a little sheepish at his own lack of water. The one thing needed to survive when out travelling and he'd run out. Stupid, stupid, stupid. "I'm... Jaks." He gave a nod and offered another smile. "I have a house in the city," Jaks pointed with his sketch book in hand towards the city, just barely visible in the distance. "I can pay you back if that's where you're headed."

Anonymous

Ter hears someone running up behind him asking for water. He appears to be an elf and looks slightly embarassed at his forgetting to bring water. When he mentions having a house in the city, ter says, "Yes, you can have a few sips, if you don't mind guiding us there. We're both very new to this area and got sent here by a misdirected teleportation spell. I'm Teraunce & she's Ric," he says handing the elf a waterskin while pointing at ric, who he thinks is a girl.

Anonymous

She growled back at Teraunce, her tail held vertically and curled but she let the gender comment slide. After all he had shared his food willingly and deserved some gratitude in return.

Jakz was a lot more interesting "Honestly, just drink as much as you want. I will refill it" she said while circling him like wolf circles prey, it didn't take long to get close enough to intimately study his long pointed ears with a slight grin. "Forgive me for asking but could you shelter, two weary travellers for a couple of days? Our gratitude would come in the shape of labour and gratitude because frankly we don't possess any currency."

Anonymous

Heraing Ric growl he asks, "Did i say something to offend you?" Before he supports Ric by saying, "As Ric just said, we don't have any of the local currency, we would be willing to work for room and board. Also, before I forget, I must ask you two to never take off this ring," he says as he shows off his ring. Seeing they're curious looks, he says, "You don't want to know what would happen if you did. I can guarentee you that. Can you please promise me that?"

Anonymous

Pressing his hand to his forehead, Jaks pursed his lips and turned to the side to look at either of them for a moment. Misdirected teleportation spell. He knew a teleporter, but that was an innate ability and it had made him sick, that and said Teleporter always had a general idea of where he was going. Jaks gave a nod towards Teraunce and smiled at the other man before accepting waterskin and taking a mouthful of water and handing it back. "Ah... Thank you." He smiled and then paused, brown eyes following the strange woman.

He turned his head to follow her while she circled him and he just blinked and adjusted her backpack, pushing his hair up and off of his face. When she, Ric, got too close for comfort, Jaks leaned backwards, keeping his footing and just stared at her. What an odd woman. "You don't have any money?" he chuckled slightly, more at them than with them.

Of course the ring comment made the elf just look at Teraunce strangely. "Sure... Promise not to touch your ring, I don't really care about it, and I probably wouldn't have taken any interest in it anyway. Still don't take any interest in it, if you had an old bowl or something... " Strange people. Jaks began to walk, pushing the waterskin into Teraunces hands and smiling. "C'mon, it's about an half hour walk if we keep the pace up." He winked towards Ric and began on his way, his stride long and his pace quick.

Anonymous

"Your Welcome, & no, we don't have any money," Teraunce says as Jaks laughs at him. Noticing the elf's strange look, he replies, "I'm sorry for sounding offensive back there, but this is a very important family heirloom that has some interesting effects, and i am severely afraid i'd scare you if you saw what happens when i don't wear this ring. Thanks for leading us towards the village," he says as he begins to follow Jaks.

Anonymous

<Keep the pace up eh?> There was something innately funny with that phrase considering that the wolf part of her could run for miles. She pulled up the skirt revealing a pair of furry half wolf like feet and strode along with the elf.

She was observing the vegetation as they ran along, the bushy tail now wagging happily. A short yet menacing laugh was due at Teraunce's behalf. "All right I will promise not to take of your ring."

Somehow it was hard to take her promise at face value because the huge grin in her face suggested otherwise. "Does it connect you to this realm or something like that? I did a report on relics like those, horribly inconvenient way to travel."

"Then again, I will have to spend at least five years in this world to adjust, before I can try to travel back. I will be over 30 years old then!" there was a slight undertone of desperation in her statement as if it was the end of the world.

Anonymous

Teraunce doesn't look comforted by the way Ric states she won't touch his ring due to the way she says it as he hurries up to stay just behind Jaks. He hears her question and replies to it, "Yes...I mean No...Oh, who am i fooling. it could explain why that trap didn't kill me. Other than that, it has a few other functions, none of which I'm going to tell you. Just know that I am the only person here who can use it correctly before you get any ideas of stealing it."

Anonymous

Turning to the side and looking at Terauce, Jaks could only tilt his head and blink, this guy was obsessed with himself and his shiny ring. Jaks rolled his eyes and smiled, "Not a problem. I don't have much to offer, it's a temporary house while I'm on a dig here." Another smile and he continued to walk, the creepy laugh made Jaks frown and take a swift not-so-subtle side step to move a foot away from the wolf-woman.

He was all for odd people, just didn't like when they cracked up beside him all creepy-like. Of course he listened, an eyebrow tweaking up and up and up his forehead, his head turned oh-so-slightly to the side to catch everything. 'This Realm'? Jaks turned his head back, his pace still swift. This realm, what did that mean? Lips pursed he looked down at the ground as he walked.

Tuning out the rest of the duo's conversation, he kept his pace and in about half an hour of walking, the village was in sight. A guard in beige clothing waved at Jaks who returned the wave and smiled, turning around he smiled at the pair. " Well, this is home. Well, not this my home is inside the village. You two can share a room, right? I have a guest room with a cot. One of you can sleep on the floor."

No way was he giving his bed up for a pair of loony strangers. This realm. What the hell did that mean? "Anyway, c'mon." Jaks smiled again and once again, they were off on their merry little way into the village. There wasn't much to it, but as small as it was it was bustling and the population was enough for everyone to know one another and not be inbred. Jaks turned to his temporary homeopen and pulled a key out of his pocket, opening the door and stepping in.

Dumping his backpack onto a chair beside the door he stepped in and took a deep breath. "Welcome home. You're welcome to stay for as long as you need to get your feet under you provided you two don't have sex under my roof - I don't want to listen to it - and you work for your keep."

Anonymous

"No, we don't mind sharing a room. It's nice enough of you to house us briefly," he says as they walk through the town, looking all about him. He also looks very nervous to be about this many people as he imagines their reactions if they ever learned what he is. He visibly relaxes once they reach Jaks' house.

Inside Jak's house after hearing Jaks' comment, he says, "As we said, we're willing to work for our keep. And no, there wouldn't be any sex anyway. We only know each other a bit longer than we do you, having met at that mage who miscasted that spell. He only had 1 spell and sense we were heading in the same direction, we decided we'd split the costs. Also, how much is this worth?" He says as he pulls out a silver coin out of a small bag within his knapsack.

Anonymous

Infinity fortress had never changed its style to suit modern ways so most of the habits employed mirrored this village. A stroke of luck within the darkness of an otherwise grim tale of tragedy, calculating the 5 years it would take to get her spirit adjusted to this realm she would have at the very least 60 years left of life to find immortality. She didn't want to be an immortal yet look like some old guy, so this was wasting her prime years. Maybe this planet had ways to obtain immortality, just maybe.

"Those are fair rules Jaks. In truth I feel kind of bad to ask this much of you, considering all you asked for was some water." That was not the truth though. She was disappointed for not being capable enough to handle the situation at hand by herself, there was light in the horizon though. "Assuming this village can sustain itself. What kind of odd jobs would be available?"

Anonymous

Jaks reached out and plucked the coin from Teraunces fingers and looked at it. "Looks like a silver coin. " Jaks shrugged, "It could but you a night and a meal at the little inn." He frowned and handed the coin back, looking between the pair then smiled. "Rooms up the stairs, I gotta go gather supplies for my partner and myself." Jaks moved a hand to rub at the point of his ear and smiled.

"You can... wash dishes? Help farm? I'm not sure. I'm hardly ever here. I'm just doing a dig around here for ancient artifacts and things." Jaks moved his hand to point to an old rusted sword, "That one is my favourite." He smiled and gave a stretch before picking up his backpack again. "Well, There's nothing really valueable here. The sword is worthless," He smiled again. " House is yours to watch and get comfy in while I'm gone, there's a bathroom, you'll have to heat up the water on the stove." Jaks gave a nod, smiled and was out the door to do his errands.

(( XP Out of the thread, you're free to do what you want with Jaks house 'cept burn it down.))

Anonymous

"Ok, we won't burn the house down, and thanks for telling us about the jobs in the area," Ter says as Jaks leaves. Turning to Ric, he says, "Let's get this place fixed up before we head to bed? it's getting late and we can inquire about jobs in the morning."

[strike:3rb1vaw9]Ter then starts fixing the place up a bit, drawing water from the well, helping to cook some food & clean the place up so it's a bit neater. He then sits at the table once dinner is ready.[/strike:3rb1vaw9] (((awaiting your approval Ric for inclusion & I'm assuming it was mid-afternoon when we showed up.)))

(((Thanks for playing along as long as you have Draco.)))