Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

'M' New friends and good beer (Countess)

Started by Anonymous, March 10, 2009, 08:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It had been a long hard day of recruiting with not much progress. Finally Charmaine and Weston had finally given up and decided to call it a day. The moon was starting to rise high in the sky as the two halflings made their way to one of the popular taverns in town. It was sort of busy this time in the evening so they had a bit of a problem getting to the bar. "Ass holes, move aside!" Charmaine said as one more person stepped on her. "I can't believe these people sometimes. Oh well, being this crowded we don't have to worry about paying for our own drinks."

Weston looked her quizzically. "What do you mean? Are we going to steal the drinks? That might be a little too risky even for you." He said as they found a line of empty seats at the bar.

"No silly. This is what I meant." She said as she held open her hands to show the money she had pick pocketed. "Now we don't have to pay for our own beers." She said triumphantly.

A large smile spread across Wes' lips. "Now you're talking. That's enough to get us good and wasted tonight. Good job, Sly." He caught the attention of the bartender then. "Hey, give us two glasses of your best beer."

Charmaine handed the man the money she had stolen. "And keep it coming until we say stop." The bartenders eyes widen at the sum of money she had handed him and gave her a simple 'yes ma'am'. "This should be a very good night indeed." She said as she gave Wes a big smile and then turned to scope out the room.

"Yes, it is." That smile always made his heart stop for a second, but he'd never tell her that. "Let's just make sure we stay out of too much trouble this time."

Anonymous

It was dark, the moon peering down at her, and she'd not yet had a good laugh, drink, or romp. Something was wrong. And so, to rectify that, Bresthra made her way to one of the more crowded taverns. Her things had been taken care of, hidden rather well and guarded by a lovely little tomb mote who would have no qualms biting and eating anyone should the need arise. That meant she walked into some tavern she didn't even bother looking at the name, and immediately surveyed what she had to work with.

Bresthra was rather curvy, and what's more, busty, for her race. Hell, for any race. To a room full of drinkers in varying degrees of being drunk, Bresthra was usually exactly what they wanted to see. The black skin and red eyes didn't matter when one was too far gone to know what a Drow was actually renown for.  And Bresthra's curvy figure was not the only thing that set her apart from the usual. She was perfectly happy playing to the drunken charms of workmen, business men, merchants... well, anyone that was rather interesting. As a priestess of Sharess, that nearly meant anyone that had enough wit to pretend to charm and seduce her.

But... as Bresthra surveyed the crowd, there was an insistent voice whispering in the back of her mind. While half of her was rather thrilled at the prospects she saw tonight, a part of her was not. A first. She knew why, but tried to put it out of her mind. A drink... no, several drinks... and she'd not be able to pay attention to that nag.  Her eyes landed on a group of drunk men. Humans, moderately wealthy by their dress. Clean. Shaved. The perfect place for her to start. By the raucous laughter from the table, the men were well merry and on their way to blissful and complete intoxication. Just how she liked them.

Bresthra made her way through the crowd, managing to brush against a man or two. Potential candidates if this didn't go so well. And by the looks she knew that followed her, she'd have a couple back up plans.

This man and his friends didn't notice her until Bresthra leaned on the table, gave them one of her best smiles, and eyed the biggest one of them. "Could I trouble you for a drink?" He didn't even look at her face. His eyes had stopped on the swell of her chest, rather artfully presented to him as she leaned. All part of the game. His friends, all three, had stopped to consider and eye her. As the first man had, their gaze lingered on her cleavage. In the span of a breath, the man declared he would. Much to the enjoyment of his friends. As she'd thought, they were already silly. So when one of his friends, the closest, gripped her hips and pulled her into his lap, she went with a giggle and shifted to make herself comfortable.

In no time at all, Bresthra's laughing was as loud as the men's. Her flirting was as wicked as theirs, and she was moved from lap to lap. All in good sport. She'd have free drinks for the whole evening, and if one of these men felt up to the task of walking, perhaps she'd even have company. And that nagging voice drowned in the alcohol she consumed.

Anonymous

Charmaine was trying to enjoy the excellent glass of beer that had been set before her, but the sound of very loud, obnoxious laughing kept her from doing so. She looked about to see what in the world was so damned funny and her eyes fell on a table of humans passing about a Drow woman as if she was doll. Charmaine sneered at the sight. Idiots the lot of them. "I think I might throw up." She stated to her friend.

"What?" Weston asked putting down his glass. Charmaine pointed out the table that was causing so much noise. "Oh. I see. I guess what ever gets them going." He said and went back to drinking, not seeming to really care about the noise.

"You can't tell me that isn't bothering you at all. Are those men really so dumb that they can't tell that woman is using them?" She said incredulous. The laughter of the drunken men rose another octive at that moment. "That's it. I want to drink this beer and enjoy my company in peace. They are ruining it. I'm going to say something to them." Charmaine stated as she got down from the stool and made her way to the table.

"But Charmaine...." Weston tried to stop her, but knew that it was futile. So he sighed heavily and went back to drinking his beer, but he made sure to keep an eye on Charmaine in case she would need him.

Charmaine walked up confidently to the table and imposed herself on them. "Um excuse. I don't really care if you men are so stupid that you don't mind being used by this woman. But I do mind you being so damn loud. So if you don't mind, please try and keep it down."

Anonymous

There is something exceptionally free, Bresthra thought, in the knowledge that she was being set up as much as they were. Both parties freely flirting and playing that verbal game before something more could be made from it. Having been passed around once, drinks offered from everyone she'd touched, Bresthra already had a fair idea of who would be more likely to come away with her. They all were merchants, simply traveling through. Rather wealthy, since they had hired men enough to keep their product safe. Two were married, and while they flirted and teased with the rest, Bresthra felt no real intent in their actions or words. Nothing beyond what the alcohol allowed for. If she'd wanted one or the other, the drow suspected she could've had him. But why cause that sort of strife when there were three others perfectly willing to fill in for their friends?

She'd come to settle on Nuelon's lap. The youngest of the bunch, the most interested in her, and the one she'd spent the most time with thus far. His friends took great joy in the way she'd whisper to him, to the laughter that swiftly followed her lewd suggestions. He gave as well as he got, to her delight, and thought he'd had a fair amount to drink, as she had, Nuelon seemed very capable of handling her. The man was downright charming and hadn't once slurred his words. He had rather fair features, exotic amber eyes, and a smile that made things low in her body twist in anticipation.

They were in the middle of suggesting Bresthra travel with them, a rather appealing idea, when they were interrupted. All at the table were rather amazed to see the smaller woman, a Halfling, declare that Bresthra was using them, and while that was fine, they were being entirely too loud. The group laughed at that. Bresthra chuckled a little, leaning forward to take a sip of her drink, before asking, "Your name, my dear?" It was not often at all that Bresthra was called out so simply in what she was doing. The men didn't seem as curious as her, and more intent on continuing their conversation. Only Nuelon seemed to be watching the exchange between Bresthra and this other woman, though how much attention he could be applying to the moment as his had absently stroked her thigh, she wasn't sure.

Anonymous

Charmaine was getting a bit disgusted at the way the young man was practically groping the drow right in front of her. "I'm no dear to anyone. And the name's Charmaine. Charmaine Tosscobble. Most just call me Sly Heart." She answered, standing with all her weight on one leg and her arms crossed in front of her. "Look, lady. I don't care that you're wanting to get something from these men. Whether it be money or something totally different, I don't really care. I do care, however, that me and my friend can enjoy are drinks in peace."

Weston was watching the interchange happening. It didn't seem like anyone was angry so far. That was a good sign. Normally Charmaine had a tendency to aggravate people enough to start fights. He stayed seated where he was at the bar. No sense in his drinking being interrupted for something as pointless as loud people. Besides they hadn't been bothering him at all, just Charmaine. He couldn't blame the men for their rowdiness. Even he found the drow attractive though he'd never flirt with her the way the others were doing.

Charmaine shifted weight to the other leg. "Now would you kindly mind keeping your pets down a bit? There are others here trying to enjoy themselves as well and I'm sure most don't want to watch these men as they all eye hump you." Believe it or not this was Charmaine at her nicest to a stranger.

(fail)

Anonymous

Bresthra laughed softly at the Halfling woman's words. Usually when she was met with female hostility in this situation it was due to envy or some sort of possessiveness. But this? Well this was all too good. And rather than laughing as she had with the men, this was the sober laughter of a drow who had been called out on her game. Not by the men she'd been using, but by an outsider. How terribly amusing. Bresthra gently glided the man's hand off of her thigh and stood. "It would seem I owe you an apology, Sly Heart," Bresthra said then. She'd not consumed nearly enough alcohol to tamper with her balance. It took more than that to floor Bresthra. A lot more. The men were now watching since Bresthra had stood up, confused as to what she was doing. "You said you had a friend?" she asked then, taking a moment to scan the crowd as though she knew who Charmaine's friend might be. "I should apologize to them as well."

It was very, very hard for Bresthra not to be too delighted. If this woman on her own was so entertaining, surely her and her friend... granted, the Halfling did not seem inclined to invite her back to her own table. So when Bresthra saw another Halfling, male, with two cups at his table... she assumed. After all, there were not any other Halflings... and if she were wrong, well then maybe the cute man would be able to entertain her. Bresthra smiled sweetly before excusing herself, making her way toward who she suspected was Sly Heart's friend.

Anonymous

"Apology accepted." Charmaine said with a triumphant grin on her face. She knew talking to them would solve the situation. Though the men the lady had been entertaining didn't seem too happy that she had interrupted their fun. "Oh he didn't really....hey where are you going?" She asked as the drow woman started walking away. She appeared to be heading towards Weston. Charmaine sighed loudly. This was going to be a difficult night.

Weston hadn't moved his eyes from the table since Charmaine walked over there. So he swallowed hard when the woman got up. He was sure that she was angry and was going to throw a punch at her, but she didn't. Instead the woman started looking around the room for what he wasn't sure. Then her eyes rested on his for a moment and Wes instantly knew that she was looking for him. He quickly turned away, but not before he saw that the drow was headed his way. 'Great Charmaine. What did you do now?' He asked himself. Of course he couldn't be rude, at least not yet. So he chose to act like he hadn't noticed her walking over towards him.

Anonymous

The men were not pleased. Neither were they sober enough to stand and present an adequate argument as to why she should stay with them. And while the free drinks and adoring attention were enough to sate her any other night... that nagging voice wouldn't leave her be. So that meant she needed to seek something else interesting. Like the handsome fellow she sat next to, which had to be Sly Heart's friend. Her chair was pushed close to his, though not too obnoxiously so and she leaned the table, resting her chin in her hands as she regarded him. "My name is Bresthra," she said with a small smile. It wasn't all too often she'd seen a Halfling male. Rather... she couldn't remember the last time. Which made Bresthra intensely curious... Her blood red eyes slid over Weston as she studied him, the look made rather personal as she even leaned back a little to get a better idea of what he looked like beneath the table. Granted, it was all in good fun... But Bresthra found herself wondering how different a Halfling would be in bed, compared to a human or elf. Maybe she'd find out...

Anonymous

Well it was too late, the woman pulled up a seat next to him. He tried to still ignore her but it was no use. She was there and she was intent on talking to him. Charmaine was so going to get it later. Normally he didn't mind meeting new people as long as they were fun, but he was hoping to just spend some time alone with Charmaine. Oh well, there were other days for that he figured. Might as well not be a total jerk, especially since the woman just introduced herself.

"The name's Weston. It's a pleasure to meet you Bresthra." He replied to her introduction, though he wasn't too enthusiastic about it. He was trying to pay more attention to his drink than this woman, but out of the corner of his eye he noticed how close she was looking him over. It made him feel naked almost and a bit uncomfortable, but it also flattered him some. Perhaps this evening wouldn't be that ruined by this very attractive woman. "Is there something I can help you with?" He asked.

At that time Charmaine came back over to the table. "I believe she finds us a bit more fascinating than that previous table. Please take my seat. I don't mind at all." She said as she took the stool on the other side of Weston even though she had to knock someone else out of it. They weren't too happy, but wasn't willing to pick a fight either. "So what exactly are you doing here? Looking to hook up with as many people as you can or just trying to get some money?" She asked Bresthra very bluntly.

Anonymous

Bresthra couldn't help but smile at the Halfling. Weston, he called himself. An easy enough name to recall should she ever need to. And given that she'd already had quite a bit to drink... well...That made it even better. She was about to say something along the lines of how sorry she was that her companions had been so loud, but the female Halfling, Sly Heart, seemed inclined to answer for her. That only made Bresthra's smile widen a little. For a first meeting of the race, it had proven to be rather intriguing. To Bresthra's delight, the little female even pushed someone else from a stool. Either the girl was dumb, and rather brash, or she could take care of herself. One didn't throw their weight around unless they could... even if they didn't weigh much.

Bresthra had been about to explain herself when the female halfling's question took her by surprise. So she laughed. Were all the smaller races so amusing, or had she just been so lucky to meet these two first? She smiled smoothly at Charmaine. "I'm merely here for a good time. Where ever that leads...." Bresthra shrugged then. " I've no qualms with being friendly. You only get one life, after all." She'd never admit it out loud, but the two had given her a chance to smoothly part company from the men. Much to Bresthra's surprise, she found she'd prefer the night to be spent with someone more familiar.... someone a little closer to her. But seeing as how that was not possible, she could at least have a bit more fun before calling it a night and sleeping alone. A first in quite a long time.

Anonymous

Charmaine was starting to like this sultry woman more and more as she spoke. Where as Charmaine was no where near as loose, they seemed to share a lot of the same motto's on life. "Here here." She said as she lifted a glass to what Bresthra said, "It's the truth all right. Might as well live life to fullest while you can, before someone or something takes it from you. So you live here in town or just passing through?"

"Yeah, me and Charmaine are always looking for a good time. Of course that doesn't usually mean getting men drunk, but if it means getting their money we'll do it." Weston said, starting to relax around the drow and started acting more like himself. If Charmaine approved of Bresthra than he did. He always trusted her opinion of people and went along with just about everything she said.

"Weston, hush!" Charmaine said in halfling slapping him on the thigh. She was starting to like this girl, but that didn't mean she had to be in the know of what their profession was. "She could be on the right side of the law for all we know."

He replied back to her in halfling, "Ow, what? Do you really think she's on the right side of the law? I mean think of what she was doing before she came over here." Okay, sometimes he had to set her on the right track, but she was very suspicious of people.

"True," she said in common again. "So what do you do for a living, Bresthra? I would guess hooker, but that's a bit mean and biased from my first meeting with you." She said to the drow woman.

Weston looked at her wide eyed for her very blunt statement. "Please forgive her, she's not the most respectful person. Let me buy you a drink." He said motioning to the bar keep to bring Bresthra a glass of beer.

Anonymous

Bresthra remained terribly pleased that she'd found the pair. All the better that the woman had come to the table. From the laughter, the men didn't even know she'd left. Such was the charm of drunken suitors. She shook her head. "No, I don't live here. Just making my way through. You?" Bresthra was willing to bet they were not locals. Bresthra laughed when Weston admitted to being a fan of gold, which earned him a slap from Sly Heart and apparently a tongue lashing in some language Bresthra did not understand. She always defaulted to common, or had since she'd learned to speak it. She hadn't found out until much later that what she considered common was actually a bastardized form of common known as undercommon. For the similar names, neither language had much in common. The only other tongues she knew happened to be abyssal and draconic. One because it was spoken back home, the other because her studies had required it.

Much to the drow's delight, Sly Heart caught her off guard once again when she asked what Bresthra did for a living. Enough so, that her smile turned sly. Bresthra started to wave away Weston's concern... but then he offered to buy her a drink.... and Bresthra never turned down a free drink. The drow didn't bother to answer until she'd taken a drink of beer. At this point, she'd already drank enough that any alcohol would've tasted good. So the beer was wonderful. Bresthra winked at Weston before clarifying, "My profession sways more in the religious direction. I'm a priestess, if you'd believe me." Granted, priestesses of Sharess tended to be viewed as hookers from an outsiders viewpoint. Or whores, rather, because the priestesses never –asked- for anything in return. They just usually got something out of it, be it drink, gold, or favors.  "And a wandering, poor one at that." Bresthra added, before indicating the men. "And they seemed happy enough to supply me with drink."

Anonymous

Charmaine and Weston both looked at her disbelievingly. "A priestess? Really? I thought all priest and priestesses were  uptight kill joys. With their don't do this and don't do that. If you do this you'll pay for it and you always have to follow the law. That sort of thing." Charmaine said.

"Yeah, sounds a bit odd to me as well. Then again I can't claim to know everything either. What god to work for?" Weston added.

"Hell, if how you act is the way you worship your god I might worship them. That is if I believed in the gods." Charmaine said as she took a swig of her beer. It felt so cold running down her throat. "Hm. Poor or not, doesn't seem like you're doing too bad for yourself. Don't you have any other profession that pays a little better than free drinks and getting laid whenever you want?" That didn't seem like a horrible life, but she didn't want it for herself.

"Yeah, we're from the area. At least we've been here for a bit and decided to just make it home. It's not a bad city, but can be a bit too lawful sometimes. Better than some cities though." Weston said nonchalantly.

Anonymous

Bresthra was delighted that she'd be the first of her sort that they would meet. Such differences of expectations were always amazing to her. Though she was hardly the sort to become all preachy and recruiter-like, Bresthra took some minor joy in talking about her hedonistic goddess. "I worship Sharess, the goddess of pleasure and life." She winked again as she took a sip before chiding, "That which is good is pleasurable and that which is pleasurable is good. Or so the Goddess wills." Bresthra chuckled at Sly Heart's admonition that she could abide by such a Goddess. It was rather easy.

Bresthra turned her attention back to her drink that was disappearing faster than she would've preferred before glancing at the pair as Charmaine inquired as to another profession Bresthra might have. She contemplated telling them, and in the end, decided, "I'm a decent sellsword, I suppose." While not completely a lie, Bresthra did do guild work from time to time. So she considered her blade skills to be hired rather than... obligatory.

Bresthra toasted Weston's observation of the city. "There are worse places. And there are better." She downed the last of her drink and eyed the empty glass with a bit of reproach. The good thing to drunken suitors was that they tended to not let her glass go empty.

Anonymous

Charmaine kind of gave a half smile. "Sounds like an easy enough code, but I figure I person can live that same way without having to owe the gods anything in return. Sellsword jobs huh? Not a bad profession, we did it for a stint got tired of it though. Hate having someone tell me what I have to do. We prefer to do things our way, which is usually the best." Charmaine could be a bit of a braggart sometimes, but generally what she said was true even if it sounded otherwise.

"I don't know Charmaine. Perhaps serving a goddess with such an easy life style wouldn't be so bad. At least you'd have a powerful being behind you. I mean we both enjoy things that are pleasurable." Weston put in his two cents worth as he also motioned for the bar keep to fill all their glasses again. Lucky thing Charmaine had "found" that gold to buy all their drinks for them.

"You and your gods Wes, I swear. You know I've never said you shouldn't worship anyone I've just said I'm not going to. I reliant enough to take care of myself thank you very much. Silly fighter." She said as she playfully punched him in the arm.

"I'm just saying it might be worth looking into." He said giving her a smile back. He was blindly loyal to the halfling rogue. Normally he didn't do anything without her permission or approval. Not that he was whipped or weak willed, he just wanted to be as close to her as possible and that meant doing things she approved of and did herself. "So Bresthra how long you planning on staying in town?"

Anonymous

Bresthra quirked a brow at Charmaine and smiled a little. "Owe the gods anything?" She tsked then and ran a hand through her hair. All that alcohol was making her a little giddy. "It's not a matter of owing the gods anything. Rather, a matter of making sure when I die, my soul goes where it would be best suited. The Goddess promotes her view of pleasure and I get a cozy afterlife." She was easily able to switch conversation toward her other profession though. "I don't mind being told what to do. There's some fun in it." Of course Bresthra wasn't talking about work per say... Her sly smile let the halfings know her comment had been geared toward something else before Bresthra added, "And it means I get to meet interesting new people."

Bresthra was delighted when Weston motioned for her glass to be filled with theirs. Such generous Halflings, she mused while taking a drink. She eyed Weston speculatively before deciding there was probably too much going on between him and Charmaine to attempt to see where it could go with him. Even so, she couldn't help but wonder...

She didn't snap out of her thoughts until Weston said her name. Only then did she hear him ask how long she'd planned on staying in town. At that, she shrugged. "Until I get bored and want to go somewhere else, I suppose. And what of you two? Going to be lingering long?" The only permanent place Bresthra ever happened to return to happened to be wherever Fyresk was. He was the closest thing she had to a home. Other than that, Bresthra came and went most places as she willed. It was the life she'd preferred over anything else.

Anonymous

"Charmaine's always been too high spirited to let others tell her what to do, in any way, shape, or form." Weston said, winking at her to let her know he understood what she meant.

Of course he's comment earned Weston another slap. "As if you'd know. Don't listen to him. It's not that I can't take orders I just prefer to not to. As far as gods go. I'll do my thing and they can do theirs as long as they don't mess with me I won't mess with them." She said, though she knew there was nothing she could do against a god. "Yeah, we'll be here awhile."

"Yep, business to do. Pleasure too of course." He said, then he turned towards Charmaine and said in halfling, "Do you think we should ask her if she's interested in joining a thieves guild?"

Charmaine gave a thoughtful expression. "I guess it couldn't hurt to ask. I doubt she's the kind of person to run and tell the guards or something." She replied back to him in halfling. Then she turned her attention to the drow. "So priestess, would you be interested in another sort of profession?"

(Wes does have feelings for Charmaine, but he's still a man. So she might be able to get somewhere with him. Just FYI)

Anonymous

Bresthra laughed at Weston's words and leaned a little towards him as though she was going to share a secret with him. Though her tone had dropped a little, it was still clearly loud enough for Charmaine to hear. As was the intent. "I rather like being told what to do." Bresthra then winked at Weston before giggling and looking at Charmaine. Ok, so maybe she'd had enough alcohol to be a little silly. She turned her attention to her drink, the smile still in place. Though she didn't see the slap, she heard it. Bresthra glanced at Charmaine when she heard the halfling's view on the gods. She nodded a little before picking up her drink and taking a sip. "A fair enough viewpoint, yes," she conceded before taking another sip of the sweet beer.

Bresthra took note that they'd be staying here longer. She'd have to meet up with these two again. They were terribly interesting. She was thinking on inviting them out to drinks again as they spoke in that strange language again. Bresthra didn't notice they'd quit until Charmaine actually said, "So priestess, would you be interested in another sort of profession?"  

Bresthra quirked a slender brow as she eyed Sly Heart speculatively. She was terribly intrigued and, if for nothing more than to satisfy that though, she leaned against the table, toward the pair, and asked, "What sort?" Nevermind than she was almost leaning against  Weston. And out of habit, her leg actually pressed to hers. Bresthra never did have a concept of private space... especially when she was out and about having fun.

Anonymous

Weston was starting feel the alcohol a bit himself otherwise he would have probably moved back a bit once she leaned forward. His eye brows rose a bit at her comment and he looked at Charmaine. She only looked back at him with a look that said 'I really didn't need to know that'. "How interesting. I think I want something a little harder than a beer. Anyone else?" He asked them both, Charmaine nodded no. He ordered himself a shot of the stronger alcohol and took it quickly. Weston might be only half the size of regular man, but he could take his alcohol like a champ.

Charmaine leaned in a bit closer to the drow so she couldn't be overheard. "Okay, here's how it goes. The pair of us are trying to start our own thieves guild, 'The Laughing Shadows', but we've just started and we need more members. Honestly right now it's just me and Wes here. I can't promise that the pay is very reliable, but when we do get money it's a lot at one time. Interested any?"

Weston couldn't help but feel a little special being so close to two beautiful women. "Yeah, it's a great job. Excitement and a bit of danger during every heist, it's the best. Trust us and you should see Charmaine in action. I doubt anything on earth could see or hear her when she's on the job." He said, bragging a bit on his partner. That shot of strong stuff was starting to make him fuzzy all over and he knew he'd have to take it easy otherwise he'd get too drunk and do something stupid. He did like how Bresthra's leg was pressed against his though. Seeing as how he was fairly drunk, he was a bit braver than normal so he put his hand on his leg, but close enough to where it lightly touched her leg.

Anonymous

Bresthra laughed at the look that Charmaine gave Weston. It's what she'd expected. Or something of the sort from the female Halfling. She ran a hand through her silver hair then immediately seconded Weston's choice for something stronger. The drowess winked at Weston before taking the shot right after him. She was feeling good enough that she barely felt the burn of the strong liquor as it slid down her throat. There was a bit of warmth along her fingers and toes, letting her know she was appropriately inebriated. Splendidly so. A couple more shots and she'd be really liquored up. Speaking of, she waved to the barkeep to get another.

Bresthra paused before taking the second shot, studying Charmaine with a look that belonged to someone completely sober. The drowess took such propositions seriously and rarely committed to anything. Because when she did, she was in it for the long haul. She mulled that thought over before taking her second shot. Bresthra was about to answer after Weston had spoken, but his hand along her leg made her pause. Not that she minded. Or rather, she eyed him with renewed interest. Granted, she kept up the act as though she were still considering. She shifted in her seat, bringing her leg closer to Weston as she turned, though it looked as though she'd done so to face Charmaine more. "I'm rather intrigued," she breathed softly, making sure they were not going to be overheard. "What sort of jobs do you do?"