Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lost [Adastros]

Started by Anonymous, May 26, 2009, 05:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ninarika unfolded her legs from under her. The ride had been long and uncomfortable considering that the bench she had to sit on had been made of wood, and even with the cushion was no place for a lady to sit. She would never let her discomfort be known however and refused to fidget or shift position throughout the carriage ride. Unfortunately now she regretted the decision. Her legs were stiff as she stood as gracefully as her muscles would allow. The driver, who had been making eyes at her since she bought the ticket, held out his hand to help her down. When she took it the difference was difficult to miss. His hand dwarfed her own and the calluses rubbed uncomfortably against her smooth skin.

She offered him a half-hearted smile, but he probably didn't notice, his eyes didn't seem to stay on her face long enough. In a clear dismissal she drew her hand from his and walked into the main thoroughfare of Serendipity. Men sent glances her way and women pulled them back, a few women glanced at her as well, just short glimpses enough to look but not to gawk. It made Ninarika arch her back slightly and throw back her shoulders, adding a bit more sway to her hips. Her short hair brushed her shoulders with each step she took and the golden hue caught the sunlight. She imagined herself royalty, but she didn't have to image hard. One day... oh one day. She caught herself before she could smirk.

She stopped at a crossroads, the names of the streets displayed in fading paint of wooden arrows. A few important shops swung under each sign. Not willing to look as though she were lost already Nina pulled over and stopped so that her back was facing the brick of one of the buildings. She pretended to fuss over her black dress, straightening out her skirts and fluffing the ruffles around her sleeves. As she did this she glanced up at the street names trying to remember the one she had been looking for. It was something simple like 'main street' only that wasn't it. Running out of blemishes in her dress she moved to fuss over her hair as she stared at the sign and tried to remember. Her slender fingers raked through the straight, soft hair, parting easily with each stroke. She made sure to always keep her hair in its top condition. In fact it was impossible for her to even step out of her room before she went through the routine that got her hair looking this way.

What was the damn street name?

Unconsciously her hand went to the headband she was wearing, a simple black strip. However it was like an extension of her body since she never went without one. She reached for the flower that normally would've been off to the right, but it wasn't there today. She sighed, and took her hands down from their place above her head. She had been standing here long enough; people would start to proposition her if she didn't move soon. She picked a random street to the left and started down it as though she knew her way through the city like she owned it.

One day.

She started to regret her decision of that street when it turned out to be stretch on without another road intersecting it. She combed her fingers through her hair again and moved off to the side to fan herself as though she was hot. Letting people know she was lost usually ended up in men offering to lead her around the city until it was dark. Then there was the invite back to their place. She wouldn't have minded so much if most of them were ugly and perverted. She had her standards. She sighed and waited until all the people who saw her stop were out of sight before she went back the way she came.

"What was that stupid street name?"

Anonymous

Serendipity was a lovely town in the right parts, he would give it that much. He loved living here! The people were usually so friendly, too, and it was a city he could take a walk through without worrying too much. Too, of course, being the key word; there was always a reason to worry, especially when it concerned thieves and beggars. Granted, beggars weren't as awful, and he did feel bad for them - but that was a subject for a different day.

Right now, Adastros had decided to take an afternoon walk. There was no real purpose to his venture, unless being in the mood for getting out of the house really counted. Considering he lived here and the fact that he was a noble it was almost a sort of duty to make sure the city was going in order - at least, it was in his mind - but regardless it was a simple task that he delighted in. The sun wasn't beating down too hard and the temperature was moderately comfortable, causing him to choose to go without a jacket or any sort of coat like he usually did. Even without such an item, from the white dress shirt he wore to even the boots upon his feet it was easy to discern his status in society. Wisps of blonde hair fell in front of his deep blue-purple eyes, although were barely a hindrance to his sight. There was a pleasant expression etched into the smooth features of his face, an unnoticeable smile curving his lips up so that his entire visage appeared cheerful.

Making his way down the road, his eyes were instantly snapped away from the buildings and shops and various surroundings to a particular figure amongst the crowd. There were plenty of women in Serendipity, but Adastros never got enough of feasting his eyes upon them and appreciating the subtle beauty they each offered. It wasn't as if he thought of them in wild, perverted ways, so he figured there was no harm. She was lovely, clad in a black dress and with long, sunflower-blonde hair. He couldn't see her very well from where he was standing, but they both seemed to be going in the same direction... perhaps he could catch up if he tried hard enough.

Now that he had a purpose and something he was determined to do, Adastros quickened his pace just barely, extending his long legs a little with each step so that his strides were longer. He didn't want to seem desperate, but there was no way he could seem like that when it was hardly the case. Men like him didn't have to worry about such horrible, horrible things.

He heard her say something, her voice sounding somewhat frustrated. Oh no, well this wouldn't do, it just wouldn't do! A lady should never be frustrated, they always deserved help and to reach whatever goal they set for themselves! "Pardon me, Miss," Adastros said, his voice smooth and innocent. "You wouldn't happen to be lost, would you?" A kind smile came to his face and he set a hand upon her shoulder, looking down at her. "I could help you find your way, if that's the case. If not then please forgive me. I'm Lord Adastros, and you would be?"

Anonymous

It wasn't that he was bad looking. Actually quite the opposite: His golden hair and purple tinted eyes made her own wander over the rest of him. She found it all quite to her liking. His dress was above the standard and his smile, she could drown in it. Nina almost turned on her charm, almost! Lost? How dare he presume she was lost!? She just about switched into her bitchiest mood but was stopped suddenly. He said Lord Adastros. Lord. Well, well, well. The very reason she had come to Arca in the first place was standing here right in front of her. All she had to do was build up a relation with him and get into the inner circle, past that he wouldn't matter much. She just had to work her way up. God was good.

Nina automatically went back to her charming aspect and smiled sweetly at Adastros. Nina lowered her lashes and gazed up at Adastros through her own violet eyes. "Ninarika, my Lord." She dipped into a small curtsy and lowered her head slightly. Blond hairs fell in front of her face but as she rose she brushed them away with her hand. She let her gaze drink him in again now that she knew who he actually was. Oh her gateway. "But you can call me Nina," She ran her fingers through her hair before casting her gaze to the left, then the right.

"Actually I am a little lost." Nina touched her cheek as though she had blushed. "I hate to admit it though. I'm actually new here, just arrived." Now here was the tricky part. Should she lie and say she was looking for an inn to spend the night, or tell the truth and say she was looking for the castle. Which would be better? She was caught in the debate but decided that perhaps it could wait.

"But now that your here I find that I don't have to go anywhere anymore." Nina reached out and let her fingers trail down his arm. She didn't take her eyes off his, and she let the moment stretch for a minute before she dropped her hand. "Since I've never been here before I find myself at a little bit of a disadvantage than everyone else. Maybe you could... show me around a bit?" She let her eyes drop to the ground. "Unless of course you're too busy. I would understand Lord Adastros."

A light wind started to blow her hair back into her face and she brushed it away again, a few strands sticking to the gloss she had spread across her lips this morning to make them look more full and shiny. She was glad she had done it now. She had even shaded her eyes lightly with kohl. She almost wished that she had cinched her corset a little tighter but imaging the ride in the wagon without being able to breathe made her realize she had made the right choice. Even still she reached out and ran a finger down Adastros' chest.

"But I don't think you'd do that. Would you." She gave him her best sultry smile, full of promises, and let her eyes dance while she made small circles with her finger. She stood so that her chest was more exaggerated to make up for the looser corset. "So my Lord, where would you like to take me,"

Anonymous

Ninarika... it was a different sort of name, one he hadn't heard before but it was absolutely lovely. There was a flare to it, although what it was he couldn't quite place; he just knew it seemed to fit her well. He watched as she bowed, eyes taking in every movement of her body, and again he smiled as she presented a nickname. "Nina, then," he said, nodding once. "And you may call me whatever you please, m'lady, if my name is too long for your tastes." There was no need for her to be formal with him. He only expected formality from people he either despised, looked down upon, or were uglier than him - and Nina thus far fit into none of those categories.

He chuckled as she admitted to being lost. Adastros had a sort of eye for these things - 'these things' meaning of course 'damsel in distress' situations. Being the charming, courageous prince that saved them, no matter how small or petty their trouble be, always made him feel like something of a hero, and if he was lucky it kept a girl on his arm for at least a few months. "Don't feel so embarrassed," he soothed, rubbing her shoulder lightly where he had set his hand down before. "This city is rather large, I'd get lost too if I hadn't spent my whole life here. I'll gladly help you to wherever it is you're going." He wondered if he had scored points yet, but that wasn't exactly the sort of question a gentleman like himself could outright ask.

The next statement she made was unexpected and caused him to lift his eyebrows in shock. It seemed that he had, indeed, won her over already. That had been extraordinarily easy... whether she herself was easy or was just easily charmed (and he couldn't blame her for that, after all, it was him she was charmed by!) was something he was uncertain of at the moment. Lowering his brows, he offered a coy smile as her fingers slid down his arm, laughing lightly in his throat.

"Aw, but my dear," he said, raising his hand to gently cup her chin and tilt her face upward so he could gaze into those pretty eyes again. "I'm never too busy to help a lady such as yourself. I'd never have offered my assistance had I something better to do... and even if I did you would take precedence. I'll gladly show you around the city if it's what you desire."

Adastros wasn't sure if her gesture was forward or innocent, but with the following smile she gave him he'd come to his answer. Deciding to ignore it as of now, he removed his hand from her shoulder and proffered his arm to her. "That shouldn't be my decision, Nina," he said. "This is for you, not for me. We can go wherever you please, unless of course you know nothing about the city." Adastros peered at her curiously had he waited for an answer.