Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Vacancy? No problem. [Sahvrea, Closed]

Started by Anonymous, April 14, 2009, 04:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Have a little faith in me, eh? I can do more'n just carry things. Good enough at cookin' during travels, know what to eat 'n what not to, and I can make good enough time," Seifer, explained, and immediately after he did so he rapped his knuckles against the arm of the wooden bench. Evidently, he was at least a little superstitious. After doing so, he turned himself a bit to get a better view of the drow, or at least, to be able to look at her without having his head turned to the side. Besides, he wanted her to understand he was perfectly serious about what he had to say next.

"So, fine. If you don't want me carryin' your things, or you, then I'll accompany you to the next three towns. Throw in a new cane, and I'll make it the next five towns. I'll make sure you get good meals on the roads, and more importantly, make sure you don't go wandering into an ambush unawares. You either agree to that, or I'll pick up you and your things whether you like it or not."

He offered his hand to seal the deal, his right hand, which was as much a sign of trust as anything else. After all, all of his weapons currently accessible were only able to be easily grabbed by his right hand, or at least easily wielded once drawn. "So, do we have a deal?"

Anonymous

Sahvrea gave his offer some serious consideration. It was certainly something to consider because, well, she didn't want him disappearing on her just yet. He was too interesting for all that. Her attention shifted to the door as she mulled over how her two companions would feel if she just... brought on someone else. Sahvrea was the one calling the shots here, and it was her money... rather, her Brother's gold, that was funding the whole thing. They'd do what she wanted so long as it didn't directly compromise her safety. And for whatever reason, Sahvrea didn't think he was going to be the sort to cause a lot of trouble. Not the unwanted kind, anyways. "A new cane?" she teased before considering. "I'll get you a new cane, pay for whatever else we may need... if you make it seven." Her smile returned then. Quite a bit of time for him to be stuck with her. "Deal?"

Anonymous

Seven was a long stretch alright. Even if they only stopped at each town for a day, he figured he was looking at at least a month's service. Still, he did need a new cane, and he did need to repay her in some way for lending him a room she'd reserved for someone else, and by god he did find himself enjoying her company. It only took him a few moments to mill over the offer before coming to a decision.

"Deal. But you still aren't gonna talk me into drinking anything harder'n water," he said, taking a deep breath before gritting his teeth and pulling himself to his feet. Just a precaution really, and luckily his leg didn't object too much. Maybe he'd just been sitting there conversing with Sahvrea longer than he thought. After he'd leaned down and picked his rucksack up off the floor, he turned to look back at the drow he was beginning to grow a touch fond of. Not that he wasn't social by nature, but not many people were as enjoyable to sit down and have a conversation with as she'd proven to be...

"I don't suppose you'd have any objections to me carryin' my own things up to a room, would you? Because that threat still stands, I'll haul you up, too."

Or quite as fun to tease, for that matter...

Anonymous

Sahvrea was rather surprised that he'd accepted the seven. She thought he'd talk her back down to five, which she would've accepted. The seven was a shot. Excellent. She did giggle when he said he'd not drink anything harder than water. " No chance at all?" she teased. While that was a little disappointing, she wasn't about to harp on him too much. Drinking wasn't terribly important to her. Wine just seemed to run in the family. Sahvrea took a moment to give him a better once over now that he was standing. She didn't realize she was actually leering at him until he spoke again. Luckily it took far too much for her to be embarrassed. So checking someone out wasn't something to be too ashamed of.

Sahvrea grinned when she heard him say, "I don't suppose you'd have any objections to me carryin' my own things up to a room, would you? Because that threat still stands, I'll haul you up, too." She stood then and brushed her skirt off. Imaginary dirt and all that. She looked utterly unconcerned as she said, "I don't think you could." Yes, that was a challenge. She even gave him the smile to match. No, she didn't expect him to try, but the verbal banter was terribly fun.

Anonymous

"No chance at all?"

"None at all," he replied, "You've got a better chance o' me singin. Course, that and alcohol'd probably be related somehow..."

He was, for the time being, to leave their little sparring session at that. At least, until she made the mistake of issuing him a challenge. He might've been less inclined to react if he hadn't seen her looking him over...that was almost encouraging him to try to follow through with his threat, objections be damned. So when she said she didn't think he had it in him, all he did was raise a brow before ducking low and moving forward to place his shoulder against her stomach, then wrapping his right arm around her midsection and standing back upright. Luckily for her, most of the patrons were outside, so no one really caught a peek up that short black skirt of hers before he turned and started heading toward the stairs. He hadn't expected her to be too hard to carry, though he did have to re-figure each step just to keep from toppling over to the side. With a cute someone slung over his shoulder, he couldn't favor his right leg as much as he liked, though she'd still no doubt notice the jolt that came with every other step. He hadn't asked for a cane just because he felt like it, after all.

"For the record darlin, not only am I incredibly stubborn, but I'm also not one to back down from anythin' I say I might do..."

As downright tempting as it was, he managed to resist the urge to move his hand from the small of her back a little further down...the last thing he needed was to have a pissed off drow woman slung over his shoulder. Especially since she'd be able to reach one of his guns. Besides, he was startin' to grow fond of her, he wasn't terribly keen on doing anything to piss her off...

Anonymous

Sahvrea was already planning on going out to join the party. It was rather loud and obnoxious. And it seemed he wanted to go relax now that he had a room. What really caught her off guard was when he turned, stooped, and promptly picked her up.... So she was slung over his shoulder. There was a brief moment where she stared at the floor... before breaking out into a laughing fit. He seriously had... just... picked her up... and was currently making his way up. It took her several moments of laughing and squirming before she was able to calm down some. Then, as conversationally as possible... as though he were not carrying her like a sac of potatoes, she remarked, "Good thing you're bringing me since I have the key to our room." If she was concerned at all with the way she was being carried... or where his hands were, it didn't show. She was too busy smiling at the fact she was being carried. Then, just to teasingly clarify, she added, " And this isn't your way of being romantic.... Because I did mention something of the sort a couple of minutes ago..."

Anonymous

"You keep squirmin' and we might just wind up back downstairs faster'n you'd prefer," Seifer cautioned, and from the tone of his voice it was obvious this wasn't just him teasing her again. If her fidgeting put him off balance, there was a good chance they'd go for a tumble, and he was banged up enough as it was. Still, in due time they made it safely to the second floor of the inn, and presumably to the floor their room was on. Course, he wasn't the one who'd booked the room, so he had no bloody clue...oh well, she'd probably point it out to him when they got close.

"Good thing you're bringing me since I have the key to our room."

"Should hope so, it'd be downright awkward havin' to carry you all the way back down to ask for the key," he replied, and not long after his head actually caught up to what'd been said. Namely, the placement of a certain pronoun, 'our,' before the word 'room.' He wasn't about to argue, but there'd certainly be a discussion about sleeping arrangements. He wasn't about to make her sleep anywhere but the bed, and that meant he'd be claiming the floor.

"And this isn't your way of being romantic.... Because I did mention something of the sort a couple of minutes ago..."

"Nope. If I wanted to be romantic about it, I'd be carrying you a touch more delicately, and you'd be in my arms 'stead of over my shoulder," he explained, and although he wanted to mention how that might just happen if she played her cards right, he decided it was best to keep his mouth shut for a change. "I hope that key o' yours says which one o' these doors it is. Don't feel like going door to door 'til we find the right one..."

Anonymous

Sahvrea chuckled at his warning, but she did behave and quit moving. Rather, she just let herself be carried up and watched his behind. Something to do, certainly. And really, he wasn't all that bad...  It was rather awkward looking down the steps. "You would've looked a little silly coming up here without a key... And even sillier if we'd had to have go back down. My key is tucked in the side of my skirt. You may have to put me down..." She paused, and truthfully it was for dramatic affect. "Or you'll need to fetch it yourself." Now that she'd mentioned it, the key was starting to press into her lower hip. At that, Sahvrea did squirm just a little more. "Nope. If I wanted to be romantic about it, I'd be carrying you a touch more delicately, and you'd be in my arms 'stead of older my shoulder." Now that did make her pause. Still playing the game they'd started down stairs, she said, "No desire to be a touch more romantic?" Said, of course, without her thinking about the words until they were out. Why did she enjoy baiting him? Truthfully, Sahvrea didn't care to over think it. She was having quite a bit of fun doing so.

Anonymous

"You would've looked a little silly coming up here without a key... And even sillier if we'd had to have go back down. My key is tucked in the side of my skirt. You may have to put me down...or you'll need to fetch it yourself."

"Not that it ain't a tempting offer, but I'll let you fetch it," Seifer declared dryly, finally kneeling down to set Sahvrea back down on her feet. Not that he wasn't up for holding onto her a little while longer, but he figured it would be easiest if she'd just fetch the key and show him to the room. Besides, once she started off toward the room and he followed, he'd have something to do as well. After all, he wasn't so prudish that he was against taking the time to admire her figure, he just preferred to be a little more subtle whenever he did. And of course, since she just couldn't seem to resist baiting him...

"No desire to be a touch more romantic?"

He didn't know why he was so quick to do what he did next, and truth be told he'd probably wind up just as surprised as she'd probably be once he had time to think about it. Before she could get too far away, he pulled her back with one arm, using both it and his leg to keep her from hitting the floor after he leaned her back and...well, promptly kissed her. It wasn't just a peck on the cheek, which is the most he'd have expected from himself under any other circumstance, but square on the lips. He of course, promised himself he'd need to do it far more often in the future, but he'd pretend that thought never happened once he got his wits about him again...

Anonymous

Admittedly, she was a little disappointed that he didn't make the initiative to take the key. Not that she'd really thought he would. But it was a passing fond fancy. Sahvrea made her way to the door marked with the same number as the key. Should be decent sized rooms too. She glanced back at him... and was caught off guard. She was pulled close, dipped back, and... he kissed her. He actually did. Her eyes widened a little in both surprise and amazement. Reflexively, her arms slid around him. More to keep herself from falling. Not that Sahvrea thought she was going to fall, but it was more a reaction to the sensation of being tilted back. Even so, it was a terribly pleasant surprise. Sahvrea didn't make a habit of kissing people often. Rather, she'd only been kissed... twice before now. It was a sweet rush, no matter how innocent the kiss was. What made this all the more surprising was the fact she'd only just met him... and was completely comfortable.

Anonymous

Eventually, Seifer snapped back to normal. And when he did, he was more than a little surprised at what he'd done. He quickly lifted Sahvrea back upright, then found something terribly interesting to look at on the far wall, clearing his throat awkwardly before speaking up. And, of all things, apologizing.

"...ehem, err...sorry about that. Don't know what I was thinkin'..."

Well, it was actually the truth in this case. His behavior was more than a little out of the ordinary, and especially considering this was a woman he'd met only recently. Part of him didn't regret his decision, but that part was certainly being overruled by the rest and would probably get a time out for misbehaving. What's worse, is he could almost sense an awkward silence coming on. And after what he'd just done, that was the last thing he wanted to deal with, and he promptly changed the subject.

"So...I imagine you want to join the party downstairs. I'll just make m'self at home on the floor, somewhere you won't have to worry 'bout trippin' over me in the dark when you come back up."

Anonymous

Sahvrea thought it was a rather nice kiss. Sweet. Even if it was short... and Sahvrea would've been a little more forward if she'd not been caught off guard. Then he promptly put her upright and pulled away. Like he'd done something wrong. Then he apologized. Which made her giggle. And rather than simply saying that he didn't need to apologize, Sahvrea leaned over and lightly kissed his cheek. On his good side. "Don't apologize," she breathed with a small smile. Sahvrea even lingered close to him simply because she liked the proximity. After a moment stepped back to the door and slid the key in. Sahvrea was a little giddy from the kiss so she didn't quickly respond to what he'd said about sleeping on the floor. At that, the performer twisted to look at him and frowned. "No, no. Just sleep on the bed."

Anonymous

"Don't apologize."

Well, it was a little late for that, he'd already done so. For once, rather than argue, he just kept silent, probably because well...it'd be an awkward topic to have an argument over. Though no matter what she might try telling him, he was still convinced he'd acted out of line. Not much she could do to change his mind, either. Frankly he felt the same way about taking the bed, but when she gave him that frown...well, he'd compromise. Just this once.

"No, no. Just sleep on the bed."

"...fine. But I wake up in the middle o' the night 'n find you sleepin' on the floor, we're gonna have us a talk," he warned, and Sahvrea seemed smart enough woman, she'd probably figure out why he'd been reluctant in the first place. The way he saw it, it was still her room, and he didn't feel it was right to claim the bed for himself. That, and there was the obvious 'sharing the bed with the woman you'd just met' issue, and no matter how innocent both party's intentions were, it was still a nagging concern for him nonetheless.

Once the door had been opened, he waited for her to enter first before trudging in, and a loud clunk could be heard every time his right foot came down on the hardwood floor as he hobbled his way inside. He hadn't been kidding earlier when he said he'd not be able to sneak into bed with her; unless the woman was a remarkably sound sleeper, loud thumps every second or so would easily wake her.

"...think I've probably kept you from the party long enough, yea?" he commented, unfastening his cloak and laying it over the top of a chair in the corner before setting his rucksack nearby. "Don't need anyone worryin' over ya."

Anonymous

Sahvrea fully expected him to argue about taking the bed. So it was all the more a surprise when he said he'd sleep on the bed... so long as she didn't sleep on the floor. Of course she knew his intentions were good, but Sahvrea couldn't help but remark, "First you carry me up here, now you insist we sleep together..." Her smile was sly as she regarded Seifer. She even crossed her arms and put all her weight on one leg, allowing her hip to jut out some. However fun it was to toy around with him though, he did have a big point. She was definitely missing out. Which meant she did need to get down there.... Sahvrea tucked the key back in her skirt. She'd head down right after this...

Anonymous

"First you carry me up here, now you insist we sleep together..."

It really was amazing, how he could both enjoy the woman's company as much as he did, and also be driven absolutely mad (and to behavior he normally wouldn't do *ahem*) by the almost constant baiting...she was almost as frustrating as she was desirable. For company, of course; he'd been brought up too well to believe in trying to sleep with a woman without intent of marriage. And he wasn't about to take that lightly.

"Just go enjoy your party before I drag you down there myself," Seifer sighed, and while he wasn't quite outright irritated with her just yet...it should have at least been apparent that all her teases were beginning to add up. With any luck she'd notice and ease back a bit, avoid too much of a good thing and all that. "And I'll take the floor if you ain't comfortable with splittin' a bed."

Anonymous

Sahvrea shook her head before running a hand through her hair. "No, I'll be up the jist of the night. You might as well get you use out of the bed." She brushed past him and made her way to the door. Before pulling the handle, Sahvrea glanced back. "I'm hoping it's alright if we leave early. I don't need much sleep... So we'll go shopping in the morning, get you that cane I promised, and take off from there. Sound good?" Thankfully, it didn't seem like much of the noise would be traveling up stairs. Granted, everyone was still mostly outside. So that could all change.

Anonymous

He didn't see the point in arguing the topic...he was certainly tired, since he'd been walking since dawn, and he'd probably get a better night's sleep on an actual bed instead of on the floor or the ground outside. So he just gave a small nod to Sahvrea in acknowledgement, before taking a seat on the end of the bed to remove his boots. He'd finish disrobing once she was gone, but there was no reason he couldn't at least start now. Meant he'd be able to get to sleep sooner, too...

"I'm hoping it's alright if we leave early. I don't need much sleep... So we'll go shopping in the morning, get you that cane I promised, and take off from there. Sound good?"

"Fine by me. I'll likely be up at first light anyhow," he replied, setting his boots down on the floor at the foot fo the bed, then glancing back up at her as she stood in the doorway. "And thanks. Even if I am set to work it off, you didn' have to lend me a room. 'Specially yers."

Anonymous

Sahvrea eyed the man for a moment. How terribly amusing was it she'd found someone intriguing here... on accident.  Maybe that was the greatest part of it all. It was utterly unexpected. She smiled a little. There wasn't much to be said in response to his thanks. Sahvrea didn't think it was such a big deal, but... at least he appreciated her gesture. Which was the reason for her smile. "I'll see you later." With that, she turned to go, pulling the door shut behind her. There was a party down stairs, and she was expected.

Anonymous

"I'll see you later."

"Unless your luck improves," he replied dryly. If she could be allowed to take a little jab at him every so often, he could return the gesture. Of course, he was reluctant to go too far with it, which restricted him to self-depricating remarks such as the one he'd just made. Once the door closed and he was left by himself, he went back to undressing for a good night's sleep. He'd not be sleeping in the nude of course, as that'd be a rather horrible way to repay a gesture of kindness, but there was no need to sleep fully clothed either. And while it wouldn't have been considered terribly rude to remove his shirt in front of her, it would have been somewhat embarassing...

After all, it was a struggle using only one arm to do it. Since he couldn't lift his left arm over his head, the process was a tad more complicated for him than your average individual. Once he finally managed to writhe his way free and pull the shirt off over his left arm, it was apparent why: from the looks of the scarring on his upper arm and shoulder, he'd damn near lost his left arm at some point. While the injury had healed enough for him to keep the limb, the muscle damage was irreversible. Even without any weight in his hand, it was impossible for him to raise his left arm very far. And the last thing he needed was to be seen struggling with a simple shirt.

That was the hardest part of the process though, and he was able to finish stripping down to his undergarments without further incident. Once that was done, he simply folded his clothing up and set it on the floor next to his boots, hobbled over to pull the drapes closed to block out the fading light of sunset, then pulled back the bedsheets to lay down for what he was hoping would be a good night's rest. By the time Sahvrea returned, she'd find him sound asleep on his back near the edge of the bed...the right edge, assuming one was standing at the foot of the bed. After all, the last thing he needed was to be woken up by her inadvertantly nudging his bad leg...

Anonymous

Sahvrea pushed the door shut then made her way down the steps. The common room below was now completely empty though the doors to the outside had been left open. That was where the source of the sound, the raucous, and ultimately her fun would be. She felt the familiar tingle of anticipation. The fun part about a bunch of bards getting together is that everyone tried to be a little more creative. Regular audiences meant they didn't have to try as hard. But performing for others that, well, did the same thing meant you had to do better than normal. They knew what to expect. So one had to be surprising. Made these get togethers challenging... a learning experience... and terribly fun.

Sahvrea made her way up the stairs, leaning on Ormonde. She had no way of knowing who won what, what real competition had occurred, or who all was staying. The place was booked, Sahvrea offered them the rooms, all if which they could split up how they saw fit. Her end was held up, so was theirs. The fact that a lot more had joined in, whether they were practicing bards or those with some of the matching hobbies didn't matter. The evening had been about fun, about learning. And it had been a rather successful one. Siorus had split off with some female dancer and had disappeared a little earlier. Ormonde, as Sahvrea's babysitter, had remained at the party. If he felt upset for having missed out, it didn't show in the way he joked as he helped her up the stairs. It wasn't that she was drunk, but rather terribly giddy and worn out. A couple hours rest, until the sun cleared the horizon, would do her wonders. Sahvrea kissed his cheek, waved him off, then opened the door to her room. It was dark inside, thankfully, since Ormonde would not have responded well to a random stranger being in her room. Admittedly Sahvrea had forgotten during the night that he was even there. Only after she'd stepped inside with the door closed did she really remember. Smiling a little, Sahvrea kicked off her boots, shimmied out of her skirt, then unlaced her top enough to pull it off. Beneath was a very thin stretch of fabric she wore to keep the corset from rubbing. That and it was a lot more comfortable. The sheer black fabric only covered her chest and was as strapless as her top.

With the door shut, the room was very dark. Thankfully, that wasn't a problem for a drow. She edged over to the bed, yawned, before crawling an it and squirming beneath the blanket. It didn't bother her the slightest that he was there. It wasn't the first time she'd gotten in bed with someone she didn't know. Granted, the people she usually slept with -in the nonsexual way- tended to be bards. Sahvrea closed her eyes and was out rather quickly.