Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Vacancy? No problem. [Sahvrea, Closed]

Started by Anonymous, April 14, 2009, 04:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Despite Seifer's prediction, he actually awoke a few minutes after first light. While he was at first a bit disappointed that he'd woken up later than he'd planned, a few other concerns were quickly on his mind. The most pressing of all was that he'd apparently scooted up closely against Sahvrea during the night, though at the very least they were both at least still wearing what they'd gone to bed with (it would have been far more awkward had either of them not been). Still, with any luck she wouldn't have noticed, and he removed himself as quietly and carefully as he could before limping over to pick up his clothes. The shirt was his primary concern; it was easier to get on than take off, but he still didn't like the thought of her watching him struggle with it. After the better part of a minute that was accomplished, and he was free to move on to his pants and boots, which took considerably less effort...

Anonymous

She actually stirred a little when Seifer woke up. She'd been traveling too long with others not to become aware of when they moved. That was usually the indication that it was time for her to get up. Since she'd studied beneath Dusk, the only other Performance Master... ever... she'd been pressed hard. Between the routines and lack of sleep, Sahvrea had learned to function well on less sleep. Though she was awake, and listened to Seifer cross the room, she didn't actually open her eyes for quite some time. More because she didn't want to than any other reason. Moments ticked by before a yawn betrayed her current alert status. Sahvrea rolled over on her back and stretched while blinking awake. "Morning," she murmured sleepily before sitting up and looking around for her clothes. While he had folded his and set them off to the side, Sahvrea's were scattered about. She'd been too tired to much care where they went.

The performer slid from the bed and moved around, noticeably slow, to collect her clothes. Her things had been left with the horses, since they'd decided to leave so early. Sahvrea hadn't told her two companions that she needed to go shopping first, but they'd understand. Or not. Either way, she was going to do what she'd said. If she was concerned about the state of her dress, it didn't show. Sahvrea simply pulled on her skirt, adjusted it a little, before picking up her top and pulling it on. There was a momentary pause as she laced it up before she moved over to her boots. "I'll have to tell my companions we need to go shopping, then pick up my gold from downstairs..." She straightened, fully dressed, while running a hand through her hair. "Sound good?"

Anonymous

"Mornin. Surprised you didn't wake me comin' in," Seifer replied, making it a point not to look at her until he was certain she was dressed. Which was a touch difficult, but he listened for the rustle of fabric after he heard her stirring on the bed. It'd be just as good an indication as any, after all. He just pretended to be rummaging through his rucksack in the meantime. Granted, it wasn't as if she were wearing too much less than what she'd been wearing down in the lobby the night prior (he hadn't peeked of course, but he -had- woken up against her), but he didn't feel it was proper to look...or all that wise to start off the trip by ogling the leader in her undergarments.

"I'll have to tell my companions we need to go shopping, then pick up my gold from downstairs. Sound good?"

Seifer nodded, throwing his rucksack over his shoulder once he'd finished rummaging through it for an imaginary item. He could hear the sound of booted footsteps on the floor now, which meant unless she got dressed in a peculiar fashion that started with the shoes, she was probably clothed and it was safe for him to look at her. "Personally I'd let 'em rest up 'til we're finished and then come back for 'em, but it ain't too wise to wander off without tellin 'em. Might think someone's gone'n abducted ya," he replied, doing a quick check to make sure his holsters were secure and his dagger was still in its sheath. Everything passed inspection, so he simply waited for any further input from Sahvrea...

Anonymous

She chuckled a little at his comment, 'Surprised you didn't wake me comin' in.' Sahvrea wasn't too surprised. She'd been quiet and careful. Only made sense when you were sharing a room with someone. "I'm glad I didn't wake you. Wouldn't have been very nice." Her hand caught on a tangle, so she paused and concentrated on getting it out. Sahvrea's hair usually behaved, so even after she'd woken up the silver strands remained relatively straight. Satisfied then, she continued with a laugh, "Yes, I do think Ormonde and Siorus wouldn't take well to me just vanishing." Sahvrea didn't admit they were her guards because –they- hadn't. As far as Arken and the other two were concerned, they were just along for the ride. Sahvrea still called all the shots.

Her eyes played over Seifer to see that he was ready. "Will you need a horse too?" She asked then, trying to make a mental list of just what they'd need. So far, his cane was the only thing on it. Most of their supplies were in traveling bags with the horses. Small, but the packs were magical. One of the many perks of being attached to a wealthy family. This trip was another. Sahvrea made her way to the door then, pulling it open before glancing back at him, clearly expecting him to walk and talk at the same time.

Anonymous

"I'm glad I didn't wake you. Wouldn't have been very nice."

"I could handle it," Seifer said plainly, following her toward the door once she was ready. Truth be told, he was eager to get going. Being in the same room together, a bedroom no less, was growing...awkward. As for inquiring about a horse, he didn't think one was necessary. He certainly didn't need one to carry his pack, and he could handle walking long distances provided he took the occasional rest. Which is something they'd probably wind up having to do anyway, unless for  some bizarre reason her companions never ate. Of course, he didn't know the pace they'd be under, so it was best to ask.

"Will you need a horse too?"

"Depends. If you want to set a fast pace, then yes. If you don't mind walkin the horses, then I'll be fine on my own two legs," he replied, hobbling out the door and toward the stairs, glancing back when he got there to make sure she was moving.

Anonymous

Sahvrea shrugged, since she didn't much care at what pace they traveled. Half of her wanted to get him a horse because she'd feel a little rude while her, Ormonde, and Siorus rode horses and had him walk. Even if they went at a slower pace. "Wouldn't be very fair if we all had horses and you didn't," she explained with a small smile before she waved him back. Ormonde and Siorus' rooms were close to hers, on this floor. "Come here. I'll introduce you and then we can go."

Anonymous

"Wouldn't be very fair if we all had horses and you didn't."

"I can walk fine, and I ain't got much to carry," Seifer argued, though he had a feeling this'd turn into another one of the discussions where he grudgingly relented and let her have her way in the end. Still, may as well put up a fight, right? When she waved him back, he remembered that they were supposed to tell the others that they were running off...odd that he forgot, given it was his advice to tell them first.

"Come here. I'll introduce you and then we can go."

"Right. Don't want 'em thinking you went 'n got abducted by a cripple now, you'd never live it down," he quipped, limping after Sahvrea as she led on. With any luck, there wouldn't be any surprises in the rooms...

Anonymous

Sahvrea made her way to the door next to hers. Ormonde should be in this one, unless he and Siorus switched rooms in the middle of the night. Very unlikely. The odds he was awake and moving around were good, however. Siorus was the one that was probably asleep. She glanced at Seifer, giggling. "I didn't say you couldn't walk, nor did I suggest you have more possessions than myself. But I'm not going to have you walking... while everyone else has a horse. So I can either sell my horses and we all can walk... or I can get you one." This wasn't something she'd back down on, the same as she'd not let him sleep down stairs. One way or another, this would be resolved to her satisfaction. Her amusement at his disagreement turned into soft laughter when he said she'd be abducted. "I'm sure you could manage to kidnap me if you really wanted to," she chided before tapping on the door.

There was only a breath of a wait before the door swung open. Ormonde was a head or so taller than Sahvrea, and while she was toned, he was rather muscled. Clearly so from the fact he had no shirt on. The deep blue tattoos swirled down his neck and over his chest, the design actually giving the impression of water. His cloth pants were held up by a sash, where his blade happened to be. It didn't seem too notable, though it was slender with a simple leather grip. He smiled a little, the light catching on the gold ring through his lower lip, before his pale red eyes landed on Seifer. Ormonde leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms. "Wha' do we have here?"

Sahvrea smiled before glancing at Seifer. " Our new guide. Seifer, this is Ormonde."

Anonymous

"I didn't say you couldn't walk, nor did I suggest you have more possessions than myself. But I'm not going to have you walking... while everyone else has a horse. So I can either sell my horses and we all can walk... or I can get you one."

She was proving herself to be quite the formidible opponent at best, and incorrigibly stubborn at worst. But then again, so was Seifer. "You're not selling your horses for my sake," he protested, "And you aren't gettin me one. I've managed without one so far, and I can keep managin without." There'd be no reasoning with her of course, but he wanted to be clear about things. That way when she did force him to use a horse, he wouldn't feel quite so bad about it. There was always the matter of figuring out how to mount up though...he figured it'd be his arm that'd give him the most trouble. He'd figure it out when the time came...

"I'm sure you could manage to kidnap me if you really wanted to."

"Course I could. Slowly," he muttered in reply as she knocked on the door, and he found himself a but unsure of how to go through with the whole 'meet the group' stage. Not that he had much time to figure it out, since the door opened soon enough. Seifer glanced at Sahvrea when she introduced him, though it wasn't out of any sort of irritation really; he hadn't expected he'd have to do it himself. It was just an involuntary reaction of sorts. "...indeed. Think I may've bartered my way in over my head. She's bein' stubborn over a few things. Don't suppose you know any tricks, Ormonde?"

Anonymous

The only reason Sahvrea dropped the argument was because she didn't want to continue it in front of Ormonde. She would, of course, buy him a horse anyways. Whether he wanted one or not. And if he walked it the whole way, then so be it. Such an action would only prove he was being silly. There was a hint of a smile on her lips from when he'd remarked he could abduct her slowly. The mental image of such was rather amusing.

If Ormonde thought it was weird that Sahvrea had appropriated a guide without his knowledge, it didn't show. Like everything the willful drowess did, he took it in stride. What other option was there but to argue with her? And that was on his list of 'do nots'. He was her companion, not her baby sitter. He bowed his head a fraction as a way to acknowledge Seifer, and grinned when the man said, "Think I may've bartered my way in over my head. She's bein' stubborn over a few things. Don't suppose you know any tricks, Ormonde?" The drow shook his head, chuckling. "I suggest ya jus' go with it. Else she raises tha' voice of hers real high..." Then he tapped his ear. "An' after awhile, tha' sorta sound starts ta hurt."

Sahvrea straightened and clasped her hands behind her back, peering at Seifer with a rather smug smile. Clearly pleased with Ormonde's 'words of wisdom'.